Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 am

Post by Creature »

Oh nice, another claim that came out without me wanting one.

VOTE: -Grey-
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:49 am

Post by Creature »

I'll have to check GAYreen's posts again.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:50 am

Post by Creature »

I think I won't lynch Rask or mattblackguy today, along with gigabyteTroubadour.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:55 am

Post by Creature »

Okay, my townread on GAYreen was a mistake.
Sigh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:14 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 653, Creature wrote:Okay, my townread on GAYreen was a mistake.
In post 650, Creature wrote:Oh nice, another claim that came out without me wanting one.

Creature

What are you doing?
Where did this read come from?
Why is your townread on GAYreen a mistake?
Did I get the formatting for a Creature-asks-a-question-to-a-specific-person post right?

teasing aside what is this
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:16 am

Post by Creature »

In post 654, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:What are you doing?
Trying to lynch scum D1
Where did this read come from?
GAYreen's ISO and how -Grey- was acting lately.
Why is your townread on GAYreen a mistake?
I'm not feeling townvibes anymore, I'm just feeling scum crapping around.
Did I get the formatting for a Creature-asks-a-question-to-a-specific-person post right?
Yes.
Sigh
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:23 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

yeah i was hoping you could explain a bit more because i don't see it
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:34 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

on the flipside maybe you could explain why gayreen's near-confirmed town to you like in one of those big posts.
deranged and incoherent
?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:58 am

Post by Aeronaut »

- VoteCount 1.12 -

With 9 players still alive, it's 5 to lynch!

[L-5]
mattblackguy -
[L-4]
-Grey- -
Creature

[L-5]
schadd -
[L-4]
Shade -
[L-4]
Raskolnikov -
Cassielle

[L-1]
ThinkBig -
schadd_, gigabyteTroubadour, Raskolnikov, -Grey-

[L-5]
gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-5]
Creature -
[L-5]
Cassielle -

Not Voting
-
, Shade, ThinkBig, mattblackguy

Day 1 ends in (expired on 2017-01-18 20:00:00)
2023 W/L | 1-0
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:18 am

Post by Shade »

I'm catching up

going to respond to every thing I missed
In post 277, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i do agree that the claim is suicide though but again i'm assuming that's for creature
Why? Why should mafia kill a vanilla claim for his claim? This makes no sense.

regarding post :

As I said this is my first mafia game. The questions I asked are to let me understand the general concepts of game.
In post 308, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 213, Shade wrote:@Raskolnikov why you tried to put him in L1 if you didn't want him to claim?

GAYreenHamster was kinda opportunistic there as well but they didn't vote.

Thinkbig is not a newbie so if its known that people must claim after an intent on MS, him claiming there is actually scummy.
just seems like he's trying to parse things that are scummy, but the fact that collectively they don't seem to mesh right to me. He could argue it's TB/GAYreen from this, but the question to Rask reads in a way where he wants to find it suspicious so that angle doesn't make too much sense.

it implies scum mindset because he (at least where i stand in reads) can't be scum with TB and knows he flips town if he's scum, so this looks like he's setting up the right direction to push after the flip.

{TB, Shade, rakkar} probably contains both scum, but TB/Shade are unlikely partners. in theory rakkar is the right lynch, but I figured voting for the towniest of the three would
Let me expand my think process, The part you quoted is my opinion about the event that happened earlier in game not my reads on any of the three. I asked a question from Rask which was ignored - like the questions I asked creature that I'm not sure if he answered.

so Gayreen felt really opportunistic there- to be more precise the whole "lets push wagon" and then "Thinkbig claim" felt like a show to me. Something was not right with the event - I can't decide which participant or participants were scum in that but That was how I felt.

So I asked questions from TB and You who had a townread on Gayreen to see if I can understand where is your solid townread on Gayreen coming from. (I will get to this later).

Regarding Rask something is really bold about the vote :
In post 131, Raskolnikov wrote:VOTE: thinkbig L-1
In post 132, Raskolnikov wrote:you guys suck.
Which I think is actually pretty towny.
In post 156, Raskolnikov wrote:Thinkbig if you're actually town and just happened to check the thread via phone 10 minutes after I voted and overreacted based on an l-2 because you were on mobile and couldn't read and claimed because you didn't have time to respond because you weren't home yet and you also have your own personal theory that people should claim at l-2 without intent I've never heard about, I think I hate both you and my luck.
And I think This is a town reacting to that out of nowhere claim because its to genuine.

Its not something strong but that's the only thing I got from that interaction (and since that was the only particular AI event in game and the only thing Rask did in game till that point, that was the only thing my read was based on).

Regarding TB I think there is a good chance that he is town who claimed like that but I can't understand why. It just makes no sense to react like that and vanish. - yes I'm not as active as you guys are but I wasn't informed that game was started first to day and I got really busy in past 3 days because of a RL issue that's not my point - My point is he reacted to pressure once before which means he was following the game then. The fact he is coming to thread to say hello and vanishes again with empty promises is in line with last assumption (he doesn't want to be replaced). so I want him to actually come in the game and contributes - not just to lurk in the shadows (thats why him not being here is different from my absence).

So I voted him there to see if he will respond to pressure and to see Gayreen and Giga reaction to it. Gayreen never showed up and Giga initiated a wagon on me instead - for him thinking I should have suspected a TB/Gayreen team because of that which makes no sense.

So regarding all the requests for me telling you my solid reads. When you say solid you don't expect me to solve the game right now, right? cause thats just so stupid. I'm not sure how people are crossing names from their lists - if its based on meta or how they feel good about something someone else did - but as much as stupid that is, saying this will flip scum and gg is. I have some initial reads that are as follow but that's it and very likely that will be it till I get some information to work with (that I have no idea what I'm going to do with them - but I can promise I can't give a solid read based on nothing subtle).

Regarding Creature they feel genuine in their behavior and they were helpful in general, and they have no solidified reads (their reads are floating and changing based on game events) which is townish.

This is Giga opinion about Gayreen vote jump :
In post 324, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 323, Raskolnikov wrote:giga how do you interpret gayreen willingness to put think to l-1 without comment?

that and not that much info in general (though still more than think/rak) makes me not feel safe clearing him just yet
felt like newbie sheeping the experienced players which is obviously bad play but the nonchalantness makes me think of PS! meta

usually people just sit around with their hands under their laps and wait for the loudest/most experienced person to decide which lurker to arbitrarily lynch (or for another loud townie to call the loud townie scum)

so i'm going to call it NAI for the most part

plus i think he's played enough games to know that voting for no reason is considered scummy and he'd want to keep the towncred he got from pointing out schadd_'s "soft" if he were actually scum here

and there's also the fact he didn't suspect me for having reads too quickly which was also part of what got me ml'd in our last game together (and our only game in recent memory tbh)

so yeah it's mostly a meta read
Meta is standing for their older games and what you know about them right?

So your saying they were keeping their vote to keep their towncred , to sheep the most town person , to get the opportunity to push a claim and end the day and those behaviors are NAI. what would a scum gayreen do in that situation then? I have no idea how him asking others to get permission for voting (to push the blame on others or to see what their scumbuddy wants) can be townish.

and the last sentence seems really naive thinking tbh.

I'm not done with catching up in this. Have patient as I have to leave PC Atm. will do the rest of this later tonight - maybe in multiple steps like this one
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Shade »

In post 658, Aeronaut wrote:[L-1] ThinkBig - schadd_, gigabyteTroubadour, Raskolnikov, -Grey-
This seems really hypocritical of gigabyteTroubadour - seems like he wants it both ways around (to push me who pushed TB and to push TB)

I'm not there yet but I don't like the gesture of that vote at list.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Creature »

In post 659, Shade wrote:Why? Why should mafia kill a vanilla claim for his claim? This makes no sense.
Claiming VT as scum early kind of locks you into that claim and if town has no more options they'll lynch you for safety.
Sigh
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:26 am

Post by Shade »

In post 661, Creature wrote:
In post 659, Shade wrote:Why? Why should mafia kill a vanilla claim for his claim? This makes no sense.
Claiming VT as scum early kind of locks you into that claim and if town has no more options they'll lynch you for safety.
What do you mean?

Claiming a power role will surely kill them cause they might get trapped in a paradox. Claiming a vanilla makes them one of the not power roles which are so many people. How being in that group is a trap for them?
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:45 am

Post by Creature »

Claiming early is bad for scum. If we ever decide to lynch him (possibly for being a VT claim), that'll be it and he can't even bring down a PR with him.
Sigh
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:03 am

Post by cassielle »

i woke up just now after sleeping on -Grey- and GAYreen's respective ISO's. creature is one step ahead of me.

im gonna do a detailed post about why, but first food and so forth

and im thinking my fav scumteam is shade+grey. again, details forthcoming asap

Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:09 am

Post by Shade »

In post 663, Creature wrote:Claiming early is bad for scum. If we ever decide to lynch him (possibly for being a VT claim), that'll be it and he can't even bring down a PR with him.
oh yeah, that made sense now thanks
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:11 am

Post by mattblackguy »

@Shade if you think Rask, and ThinkBig are town then who are you scumreading?

@cassielle
In post 526, mattblackguy wrote:Also hasn't taken many stances on issues yet most people are townreading him hard.(at least Giga, Creature, and Cass are) I still don't understand it.
o_o I never trusted gayreen/grey
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:18 am

Post by cassielle »

yeah you didnt. this hinges on a number of things being NAI and me assuming poorly about a couple others. but this read feels better. eating now, then explanation. seriously, i think grey is def scum here. but if you want to try and follow my train of thought, reread gayreen's ISO -- first as town, then as scum. really really close, yeah? i mean, its only obvtown one way because of a lot of assumptions, and i kept saying -- noob obvtown. noob obvtown. but GAYreen isnt a noob. they have played a game in the past at least.

in depth explanation coming. if you have your doubts, give me ~15-20 min.
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:24 am

Post by Shade »

In post 345, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:VOTE: ThinkBig

post or perish shade wagon stopped being interesting and didnt get scummy reactions optimal play regardless of aligment yadda yadda yadda
Whats the meaning of this? I wasn't even online then to react.

I liked post though. what is that about me your paranoid about?

: Thanks for the offer but I don't think I can handle any more games :D [guess that off was to me as well]

People who put me down in their lists saying my behavior is either newbie or a scum faking being a newbie : I am a newbie and that has no relationship to my alignment or I can't understand the things your concerned about. This is my first mafia game ever. The only knowledge I had about this game was "there are some bad people who know each other and the majority of players need to find and expose them" and how some specific players in MafiaScum claim being good but they aren't (from the related person I spoke about earlier!) so I'm sorry if I'm making no sense.

but please instead of saying he can fake that stuff try to explain to me these stuff. I like to see whats going on - and I hope I can be more useful later.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:27 am

Post by cassielle »

@Shade:

can you look over my post #648 (toward the bottom of page 26) and just help me follow your reasoning when it goes scumwards or weird from my perspective?

@everyone:

posting my big grey/gayreen thing now!
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:29 am

Post by Shade »

In post 666, mattblackguy wrote:@Shade if you think Rask, and ThinkBig are town then who are you scumreading?
I didn't say I think ThinkBig is town. I simply have no idea about what they are and given the fact they claimed they need to get sorted before others. I still don't agree that them claiming vanilla means their town straight away. Its definitely not optimal scum move but that won't make it it town. That slot needs to talk and clarify and him posting empty promises to not getting replaced is not ok.

I think gayreen , Giga or maybe schad but I'm not done with reading this yet.
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:30 am

Post by Shade »

In post 669, cassielle wrote:can you look over my post #648 (toward the bottom of page 26) and just help me follow your reasoning when it goes scumwards or weird from my perspective?
sure I will do that now
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:57 am

Post by Shade »

In post 648, cassielle wrote:SHADE MASTERPOST:

shade comes in at #211. standard high polish intro post, notes delay before engagement in the game. NAI, this is the first post of an excited noob imo
Yeah that's pretty much what it was. as I said I wan't informed that the game is started so when I realized that - I made a post explining it and telling that I won't be able to read so many pages which were already posted when I was at work :]
In post 648, cassielle wrote:shade is answering posts in order 7hrs later (#213), doesnt see gbT say dont answer RQS. breakdown of this post: curiosity, curiosity, curiosity, confusion, townlean, correction statement, thinking about gbT's thought processes (townlean???), NAI imo, GOOD TOWN VIBES, SAME, paranoia (town? NAI?), curiosity, unsure how to parse (town? NAI?). HUGE post -- but catchup, so fair.
about GBT thing your commenting about me saying "I like the way this idea was developed" ? Yes I liked the way he parsed his idea there about ThinkBig RQS but as I explained further in that post or in my next posts having a solid read based on that felt silly. so yeah I actually felt it was a fair standpoint in game for giga to be on ThinkBig there and the idea was fair.

what is the paranoia your referring to? If its about gayreen I think I answered it in the first post I made tonight? if not can you please be more specific with your question?

Is the fact I'm writing stuff in one post bothering people?
In post 648, cassielle wrote:2 hrs later #225 continues the trend of massive wallposts. breakdown as follows: acknowledgement, curiosity + slight townlean, NAI imo, fair observation about game speed. smaller post but also all just followups on people responding to first wall. corrects self in another post and apologizes for mistake.

rapidly dwindling wallpost size evident in #252 about 46 (!!!!!!) hrs later. breakdown: socializing, townlean, curiosity/NAI, light (almost non-) reads (prelim readlist seems to go rask-> townlean, tb-> scumlean). how can you have only such weak reads by now?
yep that's 2 days later than my first appearance. In the night in the middle, I was so exhausted so I forgot the game.

regarding my weak reads I just made a post explaining my whole reads in first post I made today. I have no idea what do you expect from me - but whatever man. That's the much I got so that's the much you get from me. Maybe some information help my reads.
In post 648, cassielle wrote:2 min later, naked vote on TB "to see what will happen" in post #253. tb is not active at this point. creature said, "scum votes this way". inclined to agree.

#255, called out by creature for the naked vote. defensiveness but tone read gets humor, not indignance. not feeling town vibes here. justification is thin, parroted/sheepy

#272 defense of naked vote around an hour later. breakdown: fair point, WEIRD, fair, WEIRD, fair, noobtell NAI imo. i want outside input on the two WEIRD parts.[/quoted]

I didn't defend my vote here. My vote was There cause I had no better place to vote and I wanted to see how people who made that wagon will work with my vote and to see TB talk. Its not weird cause he wasn't around. He wasn't around supposedly when he claimed! He is obviously dodging the thread after being called out for his sudden claim. Thats obvious as day - I'm just not sure if that means he is just doing somthing really bad for town or is scum - leaning on second obviously cause it makes no sense. How is that weird to ask what about my vote was scummy? creature said it was scummy but never tried to explain that so I could defend.
In post 648, cassielle wrote:49 hrs (!!!!!!) later, last post #494. breakdown: explanation of absence, talking to mod, interesting reasoning that needs analysis, unvote tb (50hrs after vote), promise to answer things when they catch up.
The Timings tell you I wasn't around. As I said something about RL happened and I couldn't contribute. I really can't do anything about it.

and yeah I'm not still done catching up - if there is something else needs to be answered I will when I reach it.
In post 648, cassielle wrote:needs analysis. im not convinced on this reasoning -- gayreen was looking for someone to say "yeah go for it" but didnt actually do it, that reads town af to me? idk... maybe grey is the slot we should re-examine?
Look at those posts and tell me if you don't feel something was wrong. It was like he wasn't sure what was better for him there or he wanted to sheep another town there. His reaction after that claim is also so weird. Its not about the fact he didn't vote its about the way he was posting then.

how is that town af?
In post 648, cassielle wrote:needs analysis, my take on why these stand out: weird to criticize rasks vote then do the same thing. and weird that he didnt recognize the diff between his naked vote and others, but idk how to parse that.
I didn't done what he did. Thinkbig was already claimed when I voted him. Rask voted him but got surprised after that. and I actually didn't criticize what they did cause they didn't ask for claim and that was think big slip/mistake/whatever not rask's doing. I asked that question from rask to see if they will treat their own vote as a tool they used for getting claim or will say that the mistake was from thinkbig.
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Shade »

I need to leave again. I will try to continue my catchup if there are no ongoing conversations about my recent posts in my next appearance.
Shade
Shade
Townie
Shade
Townie
Townie

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:59 am

Post by Shade »

ah and the formatting of that post is wrong! I'm so sorry, I guess my answers are inside the quote as well

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”