Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 269, Fate wrote: So Persivul lets talk.

You were voting Alien,
An RVS vote.
now you're voting me for what I know to be pretty shallow reasons.
Yes. All the reasons for voting are fairly shallow at this point of the game. Your reasons for voting AJ were shallow. Your initial reason for voting Medea didn't even amount to shallow, and your reasoning given after you saw a wagon build was shallow. I could also vote Gamma, and the reasons for that would likewise be fairly shallow. You're a better choice as there was a wagon on you, and as we see the wagon got you participating. I'm also a fan of D1 wagons for analysis later in the game after some flips.
I am obviously concerned with the reads other people have, but they do not guide my reads if thats how it came across.
I was noting that my reads coincided with others.
And I find that bolded part scummy. Yes, I privately check my reads against those of others I town read, but: it's early D1 so there's not basis for solid town reads; and, I don't see the town motivation to announce that my reads agree with others. Scum, OTOH, are more concerned about appearing to fit in.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:48 am

Post by Empking »

In post 237, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 233, Empking wrote:
In post 232, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 231, Empking wrote:
In post 230, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 229, Empking wrote:LUV: Fate was the subject of conversation when BB moved. His reasons are - presumably - a mix of what the posts above him say.
My reasons are for Shondora's entrance which was on the same page. I'm not seeing the difference.
Shonora's entrance was not the subject of discussion. Since that was the entirety of my point then the difference is very large indeed.
Neither was Fate. Page 9 didn't have a main subject of discussion.

Shonora's entrance was not a subject of discussion. Since that was the entirety of my point then the difference is very large indeed.
Right, but what's the issue with attempting to make it a discussion by voting for him?
If you want to make it a subject of discusson you have to start a discussion. It obviously did not become a subject of discussion.

The Fate wagon just feels cold and weird. Not sure if scummy but it leaves m icy cold.

Don't like Hypo-clsiming. Scum have enough info that they cn yse it to narrow down the investigative roles. Frankly if the Cop gets a guilty then he should just come out with it and he can breadcrumb innocents for when he flips.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:52 am

Post by Persivul »

Speaking of weird, how about the discussion on what was the subject of discussion?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:37 am

Post by BBmolla »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Indigo
Come see me in the Great American Melodrama in Oceano
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:32 pm

Post by Persivul »

In post 261, BBmolla wrote:indigo vote is pretty good
In post 278, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
He announced a 7-day VLA. What do you hope to accomplish with a wagon?
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In post 275, Persivul wrote:

You were voting Alien,
An RVS vote.
Yes. All the reasons for voting are fairly shallow at this point of the game. Your reasons for voting AJ were shallow. Your initial reason for voting Medea didn't even amount to shallow, and your reasoning given after you saw a wagon build was shallow. I could also vote Gamma, and the reasons for that would likewise be fairly shallow. You're a better choice as there was a wagon on you, and as we see the wagon got you participating. I'm also a fan of D1 wagons for analysis later in the game after some flips.
I am obviously concerned with the reads other people have, but they do not guide my reads if thats how it came across.
And I find that bolded part scummy. Yes, I privately check my reads against those of others I town read, but: it's early D1 so there's not basis for solid town reads; and, I don't see the town motivation to announce that my reads agree with others. Scum, OTOH, are more concerned about appearing to fit in.
If he's actually not posting for 7 days a replacement
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by BBmolla »

Ignore quoted post, phone error
BBmolla
BBmolla
Open Book
BBmolla
Open Book
Open Book

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by BBmolla »

In all honesty I'm not voting for pressure any more im just voting who I think is most likely scum
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 273, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 12, Fate wrote:VOTE: Aj the epic

Scum used to be hard to find
In post 145, Fate wrote:Every post AJ has made are my reasons
In post 150, Fate wrote:The low effort gold posting will commence for Tammys sake
this kind of posting seems low comittal and active lurky to me. iirc you were doing a lot mroe early game in summer mafia
That's some weak meta, and now that I've cleared up why I wasn't very active you haven't adjusted your vote accordingly.

VOTE: Random

Let's see whats up with this
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Fate »

In post 274, Persivul wrote:
In post 265, Fate wrote:I figured shadonra had posted more than once and I had missed it in my skim.
You assumed he had made more than one post, and assumed that those other posts were "blatantly scummy."
Randommidget and Pesrivul's follow ups are by far the worst votes on my wagon
Here's molla's vote on you and explanation:
In post 208, BBmolla wrote:VOTE: Fate
How is my vote worse "by far" than that? :?
You sound like pretty upset scum.

The lone vote he made was blatantly scummy, so I figured yes the other ones were probably of the same caliber
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Hypo-claiming is optimal play in the format that camn described in this one GD thread. I don't understand what you have against it Empking?
Keybladewielder
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Keybladewielder
Any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:44 pm

Post by Keybladewielder »

In post 258, Indigo wrote:Now that i am finally done scrolling for a year to get past, frankly, unreadable walls of Medea text i can post what i wanted to.

Mod: I am VLA until the 17th, visiting my daughter im michigan

Normally I wouldn't allow such a long V/LA, but due to circumstances, I'll allow it.
Reflektor
Reflektor
Goon
Reflektor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:35 pm

Post by Reflektor »

I thought I was the second vote on Fate (hence the "deserves more pressure" but apparently I was the fourth. I'll still leave it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up tonight, I will if I can but otherwise I'm going to wait to see what Nacho says about Medea.

-Prism
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 251, Medea the Alien wrote:So things that catch my eye:
In post 89, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't have an answer for you right now but I probably will during the middle of Day 2.
You can't have an opinion until later? No idea if people are behaving as expected or not, and no anticipation of noticing anything until the next day phase despite extolling the list of players?
In post 111, Tammy wrote:Where was my scum motivation for reacting to the setup the way I did though?
This is circular. You clearly don't think scum would ever go into a tizzy about a swingy set-up where town would, so doing so gives scum-you town cred from your POV, which makes it irrelevant to the rest of us. Or it's also your genuine town reaction...and gdi I don't even care any more. This is why reading you early is kind of pointless to me.
In post 129, Reflektor wrote:My reason for scumreading Tammy was wrong.

VOTE: BBMolla

Don't like BBmolla's defense of Tammy in #128. Next vote would probably be Medea or someone with only one post. I haven't slept in nearly 48 hours so I'll tackle page 5 in the morning.
You don't like BBMolla's defense of the person you're no longer scumreading? Can you elaborate? (Prism-head, I assume?)
In post 137, Tammy wrote:Right and I would expect no less from you guys, but that doesn't explain Penguin's entrance and reaction or lack of direct interaction with me. If you guys had been discussing it, I'd expect some comment along that way, not why are you guys suggesting this nonsense. Sot then Penguin's entrance just looks like posturing and if you'd discussed it well then it should have been different.
JFC, apparently we have to act and think and discuss exactly what you imagine we would be doing when you imagine it happening for it to be legit. True report: after signing up we didn't talk about this game. It's my first week back at work and my stamina's shot to hell; last week I'd get to about 10 AM and be looking for a place to take a nap. My energy went to getting through the day and making sure we were ready for the next one, not advance study for this game. And as far as direct interaction with you goes, if you'd said anything I found interesting maybe I would have.* Or maybe not. Sorting you is hard enough for me without doing it in front of you to have any deviations from "Tammy is the towniest town who ever towned" be a reason for you to get all upset. So no, I didn't have any interest in calming you down or telling you personally to chill. I was more interested in trying to find some avenue of scum hunting, especially since I don't know some of this player list at all.

*to clarify because I know this sounds mean, my takeaway from your posts up to that point were that the game setup was nuts and here are some nutsy things we could do in response, but maybe not. I had nothing further to say there beyond that those suggestions were not likely and quite premature when there's a day phase's worth of scum hunting to do without getting offtrack with pessimism.

Elsewhere, to anyone, does Lil Uzi Vert generally post super short, almost solely reactive posts? Because so far I'm seeing someone who doesn't want to make any waves, or even ripples.

In post 154, Indigo wrote:I do feel, having ISO'd LUV, that his posts might have not been the best posts but there has been nothing scummy about him.

UNVOTE:
This sure as hell stood out. Your initial vote was post #13 of the game and was presumably RVS, as you didn't say anything beyond a greeting therein. This laborious unvote doesn't give any read beyond null and doesn't pursue any other ideas. Since the ISO that follows doesn't do anything else I'm side-eying Indigo pretty hard right now.
In post 162, Reflektor wrote:
In post 48, Medea the Alien wrote:And I know I haven't played in a while, but WTF is with no lynching and mass claiming being bandied about as good ideas this early? Town points for AJ for not buying in.
Have you and Cabd not discussed massclaiming/no lynching as a possibility so far? This is an unconventional setup, and sometimes unconventional setups require a little unconventional playing.
Why does AJ get townpoints for sticking to Mafiascum approved theory?
We talked about it a bit that night and didn't see any compelling reason to go with it in all likelihood or make it an option this early in the day. I could see if we got to the end of the day and there somehow weren't any wagons people felt good about to get a majority that it might be less disastrous than usual to no-lynch, but that doesn't give any flip-based perspectives for any investigatives while putting on a display for scum of who's likely to be dangerous. The pages of discussion on it still make me want to bash heads together, but yes, I did think about how such choices might play out. I had plenty of time to do so while reading the two pages of talk about it. Said pages lead to...
In post 48, Medea the Alien wrote:Gamma Emerald, why would you want to throw in RQS at this point? Are you dissatisfied with the discourse in progress? What was your thought process that mass claiming would be useful?
In post 56, Medea the Alien wrote:Okay, so on the playing side of that, you said you have high expectations of this player list. How's that working out from your perspective so far?
Both of these questions seem a little weak to me, but as I'm writing this I realize how long it's been since you've actually played a game so am probably being overly harsh on your entrance. Hi Penguin! It's good to see you again!

: cries forever at overly harsh Nacho : They were weak questions. There wasn't much substance to dig into yet as most of the posting was RVS and set-up discussion, so I was trying to get discussion from people who had done anything else.
In post 164, Reflektor wrote:Penguin's post makes it look like they didn't talk about the setup period (I don't think that she'd dismiss no lynches and massclaiming if they'd discussed the setup as scum), which means that outright dismissing no lynches and massclaiming without thinking about things or asking Cabd about it all does seem kind of strange. I think her opening posts seem kind of stilted but I am also trying to be mindful of this being her first game back in a while and give her a little space to shake that rust off but that still stands out to me.
If you want the exact sequence, Cabd saw the sign-up thread, said he wanted to play and asked me to hydra. I looked at the setup and said yes, since we knew what we'd be getting into with the open part. Went 'wow, that's special' but figured WTH, my sense of self is way less tied up in mafia games than it used to be, so if it's a clusterfuck so be it. He told me when the thread was open, I posted a couple times, we talked more about the setup while getting ready to go out and agreed with my initial reaction that no-lynching and massclaiming weren't good ideas, considered if there were any obvious things to suggest in-thread be done with the set-up, decided no (that changed for me tonight with floating hypo claiming). Went out and didn't think about it again until tonight.

And I won't break if you call out anything you see as dumb or scummy on my part.

At the partway point of this slow readthrough I'll admit that I can see an option for massclaiming today. I think it stands a really good chance of going completely wrong, but in taking the time to write out how the worst case scenario would go down all the way to the first LyLo (of three potential if we keep picking right!) and who would likely be left alive, it's not something I think would be fun, but assuming a couple decent reads to work from in the resultant claimed VT pool, it might work out. I think looking at that and without running the scenario a Day Two massclaim discussion would be infinitely better with some results to report at the end of it, as some lucky investigating could make it fait accompli.

Posting this and then continuing my read, maybe look at a D2 worst case mass claim scenario too.

--PA
In this case, yes, but I will definitely have one for you Day 2.
Last edited by Keybladewielder on Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 259, shadonra wrote:I think Medea is town. I find scum unlikely to talk about this or lie about this conversation:
I posted a couple times, we talked more about the setup while getting ready to go out and agreed with my initial reaction that no-lynching and massclaiming weren't good ideas, considered if there were any obvious things to suggest in-thread be done with the set-up, decided no (that changed for me tonight with floating hypo claiming). Went out and didn't think about it again until tonight.
I don't like the look of Indigo - justifies their actions a bit too thoroughly, but I don't think I'm interested in it right now. They do the weird thing too consistently and it might be meta for them.

Why are people townreading AJ? I saw an appeal to meta somewhere, but I still don't like his posts very much at all.
What don't you like about AJ's posts?
In post 266, Fate wrote:
In post 259, shadonra wrote:I think Medea is town. I find scum unlikely to talk about this or lie about this conversation:
I posted a couple times, we talked more about the setup while getting ready to go out and agreed with my initial reaction that no-lynching and massclaiming weren't good ideas, considered if there were any obvious things to suggest in-thread be done with the set-up, decided no (that changed for me tonight with floating hypo claiming). Went out and didn't think about it again until tonight.
I don't like the look of Indigo - justifies their actions a bit too thoroughly, but I don't think I'm interested in it right now. They do the weird thing too consistently and it might be meta for them.

Why are people townreading AJ? I saw an appeal to meta somewhere, but I still don't like his posts very much at all.
This is why I feel Medea is scum. Thats both an easy conversation to fake having had and also extremely safe.

Medea's posts have been generally skirting around actual scumhunting and making sure set-up things are taken care of. Also focusing on people alignment through the lenses of MC talk or all that is much safer than actual confrontation.

Now that I've written that I think Persivul's got a bit more balls for actually being confrontationally with me and direct, so he gets less scum points.

AJ's tone and general timing of posts has been town from what I've read.

Randommidget just showing up and placing a vote on the biggest wagon is about as coasting scum as you can get. Especially when I'm such a juicy mislynch (if I'm mislynched town's chances of winning go WAY down).

BBMolla hasn't done anything that has stood out to me as scum but I still would guess town and probably leave him for another day down the road.

I like Reflektor's posts from what I can read of them. They are a bit too wall heavy for me to get a clear read but the content is at least taking stances IIRC
Your read on Medea is a feeling I'm starting to get as well, but I've been taking into account the experience of both heads and one of them apparently having not played in a while. Did you factor both of these things into your read? If not, why?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:14 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 276, Empking wrote:
In post 237, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 233, Empking wrote:
In post 232, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 231, Empking wrote:
In post 230, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 229, Empking wrote:LUV: Fate was the subject of conversation when BB moved. His reasons are - presumably - a mix of what the posts above him say.
My reasons are for Shondora's entrance which was on the same page. I'm not seeing the difference.
Shonora's entrance was not the subject of discussion. Since that was the entirety of my point then the difference is very large indeed.
Neither was Fate. Page 9 didn't have a main subject of discussion.

Shonora's entrance was not a subject of discussion. Since that was the entirety of my point then the difference is very large indeed.
Right, but what's the issue with attempting to make it a discussion by voting for him?
If you want to make it a subject of discusson you have to start a discussion. It obviously did not become a subject of discussion.

The Fate wagon just feels cold and weird. Not sure if scummy but it leaves m icy cold.

Don't like Hypo-clsiming. Scum have enough info that they cn yse it to narrow down the investigative roles. Frankly if the Cop gets a guilty then he should just come out with it and he can breadcrumb innocents for when he flips.

Why do you feel my naked vote isn't starting discussion? You haven't asked why I'm voting for Shadonra and you don't seem to care why. If you wanted a discussion about it so badly, you would've asked me why I'm scum reading him.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:15 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

@Mod: Could you fix the quote tags in ?
shadonra
shadonra
Goon
shadonra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by shadonra »

In post 289, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: What don't you like about AJ's posts?
AJ's iso looks like this.

"setup spec setup spec setup spec"

"i hate setup spec! i never do setup spec"

"fate doesn't post"

It looks like he wanted to post but wasn't interested in saying anything.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:47 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 275, Persivul wrote:

You were voting Alien,
An RVS vote.
What's with the throwaway mention of me?
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 285, Fate wrote:Hypo-claiming is optimal play in the format that camn described in this one GD thread. I don't understand what you have against it Empking?
I'm not archive trawling for that thing
link/quote it
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also gunsmith should not give a gun unless they KNOW the target choice is town. We do NOT want scum to get a gun.
Although, I remember on epicmafia GS would test for scum by asking whether a player was gunned or not, and scum would sometimes lie about not having a gun.
Maybe we should have thr GS give out guns, but only have the recipients shoot confirmed guilties.
<Embrace The Void>

Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Fate »

In post 287, Reflektor wrote:I thought I was the second vote on Fate (hence the "deserves more pressure" but apparently I was the fourth. I'll still leave it.

I'm not sure I'll be able to catch up tonight, I will if I can but otherwise I'm going to wait to see what Nacho says about Medea.

-Prism
And what has Nacho said about me? Curious that opinion didn't cross your mind
Randomnamechange
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Randomnamechange
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:28 am

Post by Randomnamechange »

In post 283, Fate wrote:
In post 273, Randomnamechange wrote:
In post 12, Fate wrote:VOTE: Aj the epic

Scum used to be hard to find
In post 145, Fate wrote:Every post AJ has made are my reasons
In post 150, Fate wrote:The low effort gold posting will commence for Tammys sake
this kind of posting seems low comittal and active lurky to me. iirc you were doing a lot mroe early game in summer mafia
That's some weak meta, and now that I've cleared up why I wasn't very active you haven't adjusted your vote accordingly.

VOTE: Random

Let's see whats up with this
k
vonflare (21:40)
you suck randomidget
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:13 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 258, Indigo wrote:Now that i am finally done scrolling for a year to get past, frankly, unreadable walls of Medea text i can post what i wanted to.
Let me make it easier for you:
In post 255, Medea the Alien wrote:VOTE: Indigo

Unvoting in reads as way too momentous a conclusion for what it's coming from, says not to expect any engagement until they feel safe, is making town-mountains out of bumps in the road, and is 'hi, I'll do whatever keeps me blending in, thanks.' Happy to lynch here.
I'm assuming, incidentally, that your V/LA is more along the lines of LA than V, given that the mod is OK with it.

--PA
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)
Medea the Alien
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Medea the Alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:42 am

Post by Medea the Alien »

In post 267, Fate wrote:Indigo is pretty townie in tone as well.
I strongly disagree with this. What exactly in their tone sounds towny? They sound about as disengaged as is possible.
In post 259, shadonra wrote:I don't like the look of Indigo - justifies their actions a bit too thoroughly, but I don't think I'm interested in it right now. They do the weird thing too consistently and it might be meta for them.
I'm reading this as you think Indigo is scummy, but don't find it interesting, and it may not be scummy for them anyways? Why no interest in coming down on one side or the other?
In post 290, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Why do you feel my naked vote isn't starting discussion? You haven't asked why I'm voting for Shadonra and you don't seem to care why. If you wanted a discussion about it so badly, you would've asked me why I'm scum reading him.
Thoughts on shadonra post-entrance?
In post 279, Persivul wrote:
In post 261, BBmolla wrote:indigo vote is pretty good
In post 278, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
He announced a 7-day VLA. What do you hope to accomplish with a wagon?
What's your read on Indigo at this point? Forgetting the V/LA issue, do you see town motivation in their posts? Even if they're not here, it's no reason to ignore them.
In post 276, Empking wrote:The Fate wagon just feels cold and weird. Not sure if scummy but it leaves m icy cold.
If we were to play 'find the scum on Fate's wagon' who would be your pick(s)?
In post 254, Keybladewielder wrote:Fate - Aj the Epic,
BBMolla
, randomidget, Reflektor (L-3)
Plus Persivul (BBMolla has since moved to Indigo, for reference).

--PA
(expired on 2021-08-14 00:00:01)

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”