Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.

3 posts in 6 hours? God I can't wait to get off this shit brand.

In post 520, Vince McMahon wrote:Banana Mint has yet to pick up their prod. I will search for a replacement unless they come back before then.
Thank the fucking Gods. Assuming they are not scum this is fucking pathetic coming from (one head) a site mod.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:17 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 524, malpascp wrote:who the hell asks to be replaced by himself?
Totally irrelevant; but Varsoon did in Bordelands (he was signed in with a troll account named I_Am_Not_I_Am_Not_Varsoon, so I find it quite similar to the McMenno/Not_An_McMenno_Hydra case even in the name of the alt)
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
Almost Chara
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Almost Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Almost Chara »

In post 525, Nero Cain wrote:Assuming they are not scum this is fucking pathetic coming from (one head) a site mod.
I'm inclined to agree with the pathetic part regardless of alignment.

~A50
[
wiki
] hydra of
Almost50
and
Chara
[
Win:Loss
]
T 2:2
S 1:1
3P 1:0
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:27 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 521, Almost Chara wrote:Scum already knew that it won't last. If they din't through their PMs then they would have asked in their PT. The reason I'm inclined to believe this is the case is that as Town you only have your own PM and your own thoughts (unless you are in a Msonery, in a Neighbouthood or in a hydra) so it is more likely for you skim your PM and not look back at it. However, scum are a group and they share a PT, so if one person doesn't pay attention it is likely that another will. It thus makes sense that it occurred to at least one scumster to ask about the ability they should all see in their PMs. Such question may vary from “Is this ability limited to scum or does everybody have an ability” (Not sure if Kuroi would even respond to it phrased that way) to “how does one end the submission before the target taps outs”?

I know because it occurred to me to ask in our hydra PT since our PM says something like “..unless someone can break it” and I wanted to know how it gets brokenm, so I would excpect someone in the scum team asked similar questons in their PT.

So, given that the ability itself isn't going to actually get someone lynched unless everyone else agreed (it's even weaker than a vote actally, because lyncching by vote requires a majority, but it only takes ONE VOTE to break the submission, and you may refer to yesterday's lynch in this thread for a practical demonstration). I say, given how UNLIKELY for that submission stunt to have gone through; it only serves to draw attention to your slot (and it did) which is the least a Scum!McMenno would have wanted. I mean, “Wow. I didn't even notice McMenno was with us here” still sounds much better tha “Where the hell did McMenno go after doing what he did?”. Right?

It thus follows that McMenno can only be scum if ThinkBig (now Pepchoninga) is his scum buddy, and that was a poor distancing maneuver, and even then I do not see McMenno doing that, aside from the fact Pep's slot has had a null read up until today when Pep has started to provide some content which makes me doubt a scum partnership between the two (You don't think the whole scum team is lurking it out, do you?)

Now I could go on forever trying to show you why McMenno is 90% Town in this game, but I don't want you to hate me for it. So, I will just..
I don't follow your thought process regarding McMenno and his use of his ability. If he's scum he could know or figure out that everyone had the same two powers really quickly and thus could use them 'for the lulz' without any real risk, as we would put it together sooner or later. It's like your reasoning boils down to why would ScumMenno do that? But any time you find yourself wondering why a player would do something if they were scum...that's your answer.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:42 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

In post 488, Kmd4390 wrote:Dodge, you're going to have to reword that if you want my opinion then. I understood it as you thinking that Nero was deflecting because he started talking to you about Lil after you mentioned scum reading him.
I was talking about how I think his read his fake based on the progression of the game. That's what I'm interested in talking about. His deflection is ancillary. You're right that if town he should be concerned with his scumread, and I can understand you having that perspective. It just doesn't track logically for me, and I didn't consider how it might look to a player not hard scumreading him like I am at the moment.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
by Motorhead blasts from the speaker as HHH, wearing blue jeans and a leather jacket, steps out onto the entrance way. In his left hand he carries a bottled water. For a moment, he stands there, basking in the attention. He takes a chug of water and spits it out it a mist of vapor as the song continues to play. He walks slowly down to the ring and then around to the south side that the camera faces. He climbs up onto the apron and turns to the camera. He takes another swig of water, leans back onto the ropes and then lunges forward and sprays the water from his mouth one final time before entering the ring. Once inside the ring he gets a microphone from ring announcer Lillian Garcia. HHH raises the mic to his lips.
In post 529, DodgeTheSaint wrote:
In post 488, Kmd4390 wrote:Dodge, you're going to have to reword that if you want my opinion then. I understood it as you thinking that Nero was deflecting because he started talking to you about Lil after you mentioned scum reading him.
I was talking about how I think his read his fake based on the progression of the game. That's what I'm interested in talking about. His deflection is ancillary. You're right that if town he should be concerned with his scumread, and I can understand you having that perspective. It just doesn't track logically for me, and I didn't consider how it might look to a player not hard scumreading him like I am at the moment.
There is shit all reason for me to stop scum reading Luv just b/c Penguin flipped town. You said my reasoning was bad, I asked you to back that you. You can't or won't for some reason so you fall back on empty buzzwords.

If you are hard scum reading me now for thinking that Uzi's actions were scummy why did you not mention that you were hard scum reading me on d1 when I thought Uzi's actions where scummy?

Also http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68600

^
its not like its a carbon copy of this game but he does have like two early posts that were along the lines of "I don't have any reads/I have no strong reads" which is pretty similar to his mid day1 game play here.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:02 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

For clarity, since Nero insists my reasons are "empty". I'm scumreading Nero for his lack of progression going into Day 2, because he was insistent Lil Uzi (and to a lesser extent, me) was scum defending his buddy. His "buddy" flipped town, and it was as if that never happened. There's no true progression or evolution that I'd expect from town in this spot. Not even a little reflection. Nope, after knocking down one mislynch he charged head long into a second. That's was separates him from being town in this situation.
DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:03 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

And I think by now Nero, if you were town you'd have some perspective as to why I see things the way they are.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game
In post 531, DodgeTheSaint wrote:For clarity, since Nero insists my reasons are "empty". I'm scumreading Nero for his lack of progression going into Day 2, because he was insistent Lil Uzi (and to a lesser extent, me) was scum defending his buddy. His "buddy" flipped town, and it was as if that never happened. There's no true progression or evolution that I'd expect from town in this spot. Not even a little reflection. Nope, after knocking down one mislynch he charged head long into a second. That's was separates him from being town in this situation.
You've played with me enough to know that my reads don't just auto change like that and like no town ever does that. But I'd like to hear your explanation to why you think I should have stopped scum reading Uzi just 'cause Penguin flipped town.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Also what is your read on KMD?

DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

I've played with you enough to expect you to have some reflection and evolution of your reads. No, I don't expect you to have an 180, just a little bit of reflection in light of new information.

KMD is too fence-sitty for my liking. I think more than any player he's been asked to take stances on things and refuses to do so. For me personally he sits in that grey area of not a townread, but I have stronger scumreads in the way.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

At this point, I don't care if I get lynched for two reasons, setup and content. This setup doesn't favor the town due to the existence of the manager mechanic in my opinion. Scum are the informed majority which means if the manager is town, scum will do what scum do best and that includes attempting to influence town in order to reach their win condition faster. This means that they can advocate for disruptive or very low-content like play to get drafted to in a such way that will give them little to no flak to keep the level of activity in this thread the same in order to continue to thrive. If the manager is scum, they just continue to pocket members of the town by making them unable to be drafted and drafting people they know can manipulate or are going to be easy to lynch.

Content. RAW is seriously lacking of it. The small amount of content we do have is very null or has already been analyzed so any little thing at this point is just going to be pounced on and not really evaluated. This is why I feel Nero is probably town. He's doing exactly this but the difference is that he is obviously fueled by paranoia and he actually sounds like he believes what he's saying based on the circumstances. He's just confirmation bias tunneling because the play by the book scum tells rather than taking into account things like motivation and personality is going to have to be the go to sadly due how RAW turned out compared to Smackdown.

McMemmo I had originally had a town read due to how he used his earlier moves but all of his votes he's casted so far have just been so awful, it's hard to not scum read him when you seriously sit down and take a look at his ISO.

Now this brings me to the manager. If we exclude all of the setup talk and the communication with Smackdown, their ISO
is just a bunch of reads that feel pulled out of nowhere and when explaining why or asked to explain why, there is no depth to their reads that make you feel like the confidence in those reads is truly valid. They don't seem to really want to analyze anything in-depth either and recently seem like they want to boss people around because they're the manager rather than seriously attempting to sort people.

Both heads also feel like they have a bit of experience so I was taken back by them starting the wagon on Penguin as well as piggybacking on mine. For now, I feel most comfortable voting here.

VOTE: Almost Chara
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Spoiler: SD
Diamond's frustration seems genuine.

Maria and Pep are confirmed town so that's a good start. That mason claim was as real as you can get. Doubt it was made up, especially considering how they claimed.

Tywin's case on Diamond is shit.
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 537, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
Spoiler: SD
Diamond's frustration seems genuine.

Maria and Pep are confirmed town so that's a good start. That mason claim was as real as you can get. Doubt it was made up, especially considering how they claimed.

Tywin's case on Diamond is shit.
I doubt he means me in this. Maybe the mason claim that Maria did with Pepto there?

Also who are you actually quoting, since I can't seem to find that post.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:24 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 524, malpascp wrote:Soooo you think scum doesn't do random shit or use in-thread abilities? Gotcha. Gotta disagree though. It all just sounds like a whole lot of WIFOM. Also regarding the "drama" and "attention seeking", who the hell asks to be replaced by himself?
I'm not saying he's obvscum, but people just assuming he's part of the "townblock" just because he used an ability everyone has in the first page is odd.
You yourself stated the ability is extremely weak, not to say nearly useless. Scum using it on RVS to get "people who draw attention so can not possibily be scum"-cred doesn't seem far fetched. At least not as far fetched as having an obvtown read for the same motive.
All in all, can we just not build an entire read based on something that literally happened in RVS? Because that seems to be the case with McMenno. It's almost like reversed tunnelling (is that even a thing?)
If someone tells me McMenno is obvtown again I'll just assume they didn't read any of this.

@Ms Columbo: Why insist so much on me not entering Penguino's wagon?
near the beginning of D1 you said it was unlikely to come from scum and now you chant "who the hell would townread mcmenno" over and over like it's productive. well then malpascp friend I'm wondering what's changed
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

Why are you not catching up, Pepchoning?

DodgeTheSaint
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
DodgeTheSaint
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:43 am

Post by DodgeTheSaint »

Oh stop. The next person to complain about the 'content on RAW' gets lynched. It's a ridiculous complaint.
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:07 am

Post by Vifam »

I think DTS and Nero are both town
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:08 am

Post by Vifam »

tbh Im not fully convinced AC is town either but I don't think he's a good lynch
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:14 am

Post by Vifam »

I could go for KMD/Malp/McMenno but I think we should really just lynch McMenno today
ok
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:21 am

Post by malpascp »

I think both GM must be of the same alignment. If one was town and the other scum, then one brand would be more scum-sided than the other. I don't think Kuroi would do it. Also wouldn't scum managers make the game extremely scum-sided? Unless it's a 2-man team maybe (fits the flavour).

@McMenno: unlikely to come from scum =/= obv!town. Also your playstyle since there has showed me you don't mind bringing attention towards meaningless and random stuff, so you'd be more prone to do it as scum as well. I disagree with anyone who TRs you because of that move, and that's pretty much the only reason anyone here has to TR you.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:22 am

Post by Nero Cain »

TIME TO PLAY THE GAME!

The opening riffs of
The Game

lol no. The way he's chainsaw defending Luv isn't town play. Does this mean Luv is a buddy or that Luv is town? IDK but it means he's scum. He called my reasons for Luv bad but when asked to back it up he fell back on an empty buzzword and has now dropped it since he knows damn well that he can't reasonably spin Luvs play as pro-town. So now he's using some ridiculous thing that I should have stopped scum reading Luv b/c Penguin flipped town when Penguins town flip has no bearing on how anti-town Luvs play has been.

Dodge or Luv are my preferred flips today. I'd compromise on Mal or KMD.

Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Vifam »

In post 545, malpascp wrote:think both GM must be of the same alignment. If one was town and the other scum, then one brand would be more scum-sided than the other. I don't think Kuroi would do it. Also wouldn't scum managers make the game extremely scum-sided? Unless it's a 2-man team maybe (fits the flavour).
A 2 man team sounds too hard maybe you're right
ok
Vifam
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Vifam
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Vifam »

3 on smackdown 2 on raw might make sense tho
ok
Pepchoninga
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Pepchoninga
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Pepchoninga »

In post 482, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Hi Pep!

--

Gut says at least one of AC/Nero/McMemmo is scum. I'm not really encouraged by the managers ISO so I'm leaning there.
I agree, I strongly dislike Nero. Something in his actions just seem off.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”