Mini 1867 -- TBD Mafia [game over]

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #22  (isolation #0)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:06 am

I feel like writing a script to continually submit responses that guess everyone's unique letters so that I can play exactly the game I want.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #29  (isolation #1)  » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:47 pm

Aristophanes wrote:
In post 22, ɀefiend wrote:I feel like writing a script to continually submit responses that guess everyone's unique letters so that I can play exactly the game I want.
Oh come on, there are only 456976 possible combinations! If you really wanna put the work into it, just try them all!
McMenno wrote:that's not probabilities that's combinatorics

anyway it's just 26 to the fourth power which is indeed 456976

Wrong. It's 456975 since your own combination is known :facepalm:

Ffs I hate playing with incompetent idiot/s.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #46  (isolation #2)  » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:29 pm

In post 39, drealmerz7 wrote:I realized it is probably healthy for me to tell you all that I am vehemently opposed to sharing anything about how we answered the questionnaire. You all are going to do it as you do it, but I encourage NOT DOING IT, for the betterment of the game and for yourselves individually. Just don't talk about it. Further, just know that I will not be talking about it and will react poorly to those who try to get me to do otherwise.

Way to suck all the fun out of the game before it even begins.

Everyone OK with flash policy lynching this Debbie Downer at Day start?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #66  (isolation #3)  » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:45 am

Ayy

(lmao)

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #154  (isolation #4)  » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 pm

VOTE: McMenno

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #188  (isolation #5)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:19 pm

In post 187, drealmerz7 wrote:that makes me uneasy at this point because of the nature of the game (which is unknown) - thoughts turn to jester or bomb

What do you mean by the bolded part?

One could guess some of the winning answers on the questionnaire already. For instance, most people preferred a humorous flavor.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #205  (isolation #6)  » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:50 pm

Kain, scum can lie about their responses. Hell, town can lie about their responses. IMO, it's too early to be trying to "solve" the game in any way.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #238  (isolation #7)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:24 am

In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane

Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #270  (isolation #8)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:38 pm

In post 136, drealmerz7 wrote:KAIN TEPPES,

we haven't really had much of a chance to meet or interact

if I don't get frustrated or pissed off, I'm a fucking blast to play with (I think) and I look forward to playing with you!!!!!!


The irony is not lost on this one.

Still kinda in RVS mode myself. Must be the playerlist. Think I'll leave a VOTE: Desperado though.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #375  (isolation #9)  » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:18 pm

Catch up later tonight. Got a lot to read.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #383  (isolation #10)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:05 am

I read everything that happened, and here's my takeaway. Long-ish post ahead. TL;DR to follow.

lane and Davsto are very logical players. I don't have game experience with lane but from the way he posts it's obvious. I do agree that with Narna that lane asks some very leading questions at times, but I don't find this AI in and of itself. As for Davsto, I do have some game experience and I also read the entire Donald Trump thread in GD. The two of them are clashing heavily with drealmerz because he's a very emotional player. Technically I don't have game "experience" with him but you don't even need that to conclude that drealmerz is an AtE type-of-guy. I think drealmerz position about not answering is defensible when you consider that KainTepes himself reflects on drealmerz' perspective. (Side note: I think KainTepes is Town. Even if (s)he's not, (s)he's locked himself into a softclaim revolving around the questionnaire. That should be easy to expose later on in the game.) However, I dislike drealmerz' style of dealing with pressure if he is indeed Town. He doesn't even attempt to answer some basic questions and also relies on WIFOM defenses which I absolutely detest. Enough about drealmerz, though. Of all the votes on him, I actually think Aristophanes' is the most suspicious, so IGMEOY.

My top scum-read is actually Desperado. He earned my pseudo-placeholder vote for this post:
In post 263, Desperado wrote:
In post 261, Narna wrote:Is Lane town?


Could be ya.

Find scum intent in mcmeemo posting.


Faking the PR; no meaningful response to his wagon; no thoughts on dreal responding to his wagon for him.

My thoughts concern the second part Re: McMenno. Note that Narna's request was for Desperado to point out things about McMenno's posts that had scum motivation. However, two out of the three reasons Desperado gives imply that a lack of specific posting from McMenno is scummy. (The PR thing is up in the air, since we are talking about "McMeme-o" after all. I'm not going to digress to argue the strength of this reason.) McMenno didn't have a meaningful response to his wagon, but neither did Davsto, and Davsto's was bigger. The last reason is misapplied to the actual situation, so I cannot discern whether it is bogus scum reasoning or an honest mistake. However, I can explain the misapplication. Drealmerz wasn't responding to the McMenno wagon per se, he was responding to Lane questioning him about his own concern for the wagon.

In post 267, Desperado wrote:Even if everyone answered truthfully both on the questionnaire and in their answers here I don't think we'd be able to deduce anything from that information. We don't know what kind of assumptions xyzzy was making to interpret the data and make design decisions.

I don't know if it's necessarily anti-town, mainly because merely discussing this issue can provide alignment indicators, but I do think it could end up dominating the discussion and give scum an easy IIoA avenue.

The last sentence pings me because (1) it reads as fence-sitting about the discussion as a whole, whereas most (active) players have taken a hard stance on it, and (2) KainTepes and drealmerz had just gone through a lengthy back-and-forth about the discussion at hand, but Desperado doesn't elaborate about what, if any "alignment indicators" he picked up on from their exchange -- this begs the questions
-If the KainTepes/drealmerz exchange didn't provide any alignment indicators (side note: I think it did), what type of indicators should we actually be searching for with regards to the questionnaire-reveal discussion? &
-If the exchange did provide alignment indicators, why didn't Desperado share these at the time? Why bring up the fact that the discussion can provide alignment indicators if you aren't going to talk about them?

In other news, I have Narna as a solid Town-read. I really like all of the posts he made on this page. I would like to know his opinion on my Desperado-read.

Lastly, McMenno, Frank, and Sparky need to actually contribute. I am waiting with keen ears for this post from Frank.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #384  (isolation #11)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 4:11 am

TL;DR

I talk about my view of the KT-drealmerz-lane-Davsto situation and case Desperado for scum. I also mention everybody else in passing.

Strong-town: Narna
Prob-town: Davsto, Drealmerz, KainTepes
Not sure: Lane
Null: Secret Agent Jin, Gamma Emerald, McMenno
Ping-scum: Aristophanes
Lurker-scum candidates: Frank, Snarky
Scum-lean: Desperado

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #406  (isolation #12)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:06 pm

In post 387, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:IGMEOY
It took longer than it should have for me to figure out what this meant. Usually we just call it an FoS (Finger of Suspicion). IGMEOY works though lol

It's a notch below FoS because it's a minor ping, not a gut feeling.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #407  (isolation #13)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:08 pm

In post 391, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 390, SnarkySnowman wrote:If you're not voting davsto, you're wrong.

Lane is a good choice otherwise though.


anti-lurk gun holstered!

I don't see why. Snarkys post is empty and useless. Also I get the feel like you didn't read my wallpost at all.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #408  (isolation #14)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:09 pm

In post 392, McMenno wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:However, two out of the three reasons Desperado gives imply that a lack of specific posting from McMenno is scummy.

I mean twou ouf thouse points are literally I was nout oun at the time sou I've resigned to him being either a lyncher oun me our bad scum

That is exactly my point. Read this sentence in the context of my case lol.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #409  (isolation #15)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:24 pm

In post 393, Desperado wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:My thoughts concern the second part Re: McMenno. Note that Narna's request was for Desperado to point out things about McMenno's posts that had scum motivation. However, two out of the three reasons Desperado gives imply that a lack of specific posting from McMenno is scummy. (The PR thing is up in the air, since we are talking about "McMeme-o" after all. I'm not going to digress to argue the strength of this reason.) McMenno didn't have a meaningful response to his wagon, but neither did Davsto, and Davsto's was bigger. The last reason is misapplied to the actual situation, so I cannot discern whether it is bogus scum reasoning or an honest mistake. However, I can explain the misapplication. Drealmerz wasn't responding to the McMenno wagon per se, he was responding to Lane questioning him about his own concern for the wagon.


When a player is wagoned he has four options:

1) Ignore it and do nothing else
2) Ignore it and continue scumhunting
3) Address it and do nothing else
4) Address it and continue scumhunting

1) and 3) lean scum, 2) and 4) lean town. McMenno and Davsto clearly reacted differently to their wagons so I'm curious what leads you to suggest that I'm "misapplying" anything here.

Davsto took option 1) at the time. Hell, he even voted himself. He didn't start scumhunting until later when he jumped in to the conversation with drealmerz. By your logic Davsto is scummy for that just like McMenno.

As for the last bit, Drealmerz questioned multiple McMenno votes--that is a response to the McMenno wagon, by definition. He carried a conversation on with lane regarding it, but if another player goes out of his way to question multiple votes on my town slot in RVS, I would want to know why and I would expect other townies to feel similarly.

So you admit you're conf-biasing on this point. You keep referencing the McMenno "wagon" like it's pertinent when in actuality 1) there was a bigger wagon (Davsto) and 2) the relevant content was between drealmerz and Lane; nothing concerning McMenno directly.

In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:The last sentence pings me because (1) it reads as fence-sitting about the discussion as a whole, whereas most (active) players have taken a hard stance on it, and (2) KainTepes and drealmerz had just gone through a lengthy back-and-forth about the discussion at hand, but Desperado doesn't elaborate about what, if any "alignment indicators" he picked up on from their exchange -- this begs the questions
-If the KainTepes/drealmerz exchange didn't provide any alignment indicators (side note: I think it did), what type of indicators should we actually be searching for with regards to the questionnaire-reveal discussion? &
-If the exchange did provide alignment indicators, why didn't Desperado share these at the time? Why bring up the fact that the discussion can provide alignment indicators if you aren't going to talk about them?


Up to now Kain and Dreal are the only people truly engaging the questionnaire discussion and I have shared my Dreal read so I'm not really sure where you're going with this.

Actually, many people have touched on the questionnaire thing. Lane, Aristophanes, and Narna all answered. Davsto kinda answered. I briefly said why it was pointless. So your statement that there's alignment indicators out there leaves more to be desired than just a single read on drealmerz.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #410  (isolation #16)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:26 pm

By the way, I agree with you that McMenno is active lurking and I don't blame you for going after him for that. My issue is your overall methodology.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #431  (isolation #17)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:44 pm

When you phrase it like that about McMenno I'm in agreement with you. Not sure I would lynch him before the other lurkers though.

What I'm saying about your theory is that hasn't yielded any results. So either the theory is wrong OR you just aren't sharing your reads on any of the numerous people besides drealmerz who engaged in the discussion. I tend to think it's the second choice, which is why I'm concerned. Can you alleviate that concern for me?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #437  (isolation #18)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:55 pm

In post 434, Desperado wrote:You forgot the third option--the theory is correct but results are still being collected as testing is still ongoing.

Idk why you're being so dodgy about this.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #450  (isolation #19)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:05 pm

In post 441, Desperado wrote:I do have reads. Zefriend wants reads that are specifically related to the questionnaire discussion.

At this point any reads would be great.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #451  (isolation #20)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:06 pm

In post 443, Azral wrote:I love Narna's posts. He's my strongest townread right now.
Lane and drealmerz are okay, not as strong though.

Kain has done nothing town and I'd be open to lynching him.

zefiend was probably meant to sound super town but it has the opposite effect on me.
Also dislike his push on desperado - not genuine.

VOTE: zefiend

What's not genuine about it?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #453  (isolation #21)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:09 pm

I have read your ISO. Let's try this then. Reads on Davsto, Aristophanes, Narna, KainTepes and me would be great.

(P.S. we all were part of the questionnaire discussion at some point).

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #454  (isolation #22)  » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:12 pm

In post 440, SnarkySnowman wrote:How do you not have reads 18 pages in man

Not sure you're in a position to say this. Do you have any reads besides Davsto and Lane?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #473  (isolation #23)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:19 am

In post 456, Azral wrote:
In post 451, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 443, Azral wrote:I love Narna's posts. He's my strongest townread right now.
Lane and drealmerz are okay, not as strong though.

Kain has done nothing town and I'd be open to lynching him.

zefiend was probably meant to sound super town but it has the opposite effect on me.
Also dislike his push on desperado - not genuine.

VOTE: zefiend

What's not genuine about it?

More or less everything.
You take small, neutral things people do and try to spin a case on them.
People aren't always logic machines, that doesn't make them mafia.

Way to be as vague as possible. I only cased one person, and they are doing a decent enough job of responding to my points that we are making progress. Your last statement is out of left field and makes no sense. If that statement was consistent with my mentality, then drealmerz would be my #1 scumread.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #474  (isolation #24)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:21 am

In post 469, drealmerz7 wrote:to me that is often how it goes on D1 though

I often get shit for weak-ass reads on D1 and I'm like "I can't fake having a stronger read when it's not there, it's early in the game, I'll be patient and let them develop"

You were pretty sure about Kain, then Lane, then Davsto, then back to Lane being scum again. Unless they weren't strong reads, in which case I don't understand why you were being so theatrical.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #483  (isolation #25)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm

In post 480, Azral wrote:
In post 473, ɀefiend wrote:Way to be as vague as possible. I only cased one person, and they are doing a decent enough job of responding to my points that we are making progress. Your last statement is out of left field and makes no sense. If that statement was consistent with my mentality, then drealmerz would be my #1 scumread.

I mean. Desperado basically said two things:

- McMemmo is scummy. (He is.)

- Any interaction between players can be studied, but focusing too much on the questionnaire gives scum an easy IIoA avenue. (This shouldn't be controversial.)

This led to you accusing him of confirmation bias, being dodgy, ignoring other wagons, not having reads and generally having a bad "methodology."

Doesn't feel genuine to me on D1.

Ok, so you're not actually reading the game. You're skimming it and summarizing people's points to what you feel. I'm not going to engage you any further. If you want to have a nuanced conversation about it (like Desperado and I did) then I will try to work with you again.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #484  (isolation #26)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 477, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 469, drealmerz7 wrote:to me that is often how it goes on D1 though

I often get shit for weak-ass reads on D1 and I'm like "I can't fake having a stronger read when it's not there, it's early in the game, I'll be patient and let them develop"
I know, but it's not just weak ass reads. That I get. It's a lack of engagement in the game that is pinging me!

Take a read there. It's a quick Iso to do. Tell me what you see.

Do you always talk to your scumreads like this?

Or are you no longer scumreading drealmerz?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #495  (isolation #27)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:09 pm

In post 493, Desperado wrote:{Azral, Frank, Snarky, McMenno}

2 scum here I reckon

I would throw VOTE: Aristophanes in there to be sure.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #532  (isolation #28)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:29 pm

In post 528, Azral wrote:You're being hard to talk to and putting way more effort into not answering questions than it would take to answer them, which probably makes you scum.

(Is this the nuance you were talking about, zefiend?)

My approach for talking to him about McMenno and other stuff was vastly more successful than yours and drealmerz because my questions were more nuanced, yes.

The result was that I feel better about his stance on McMenno, but I'm still not satisfied with him trailing off about other reads.

On another note I feel like drealmerz is completely ignoring me this game, which could be taken with a grain of salt BUT it makes me uneasy nonetheless. Maybe I should call him scum so he'll start yelling at me instead?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #535  (isolation #29)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:44 pm

No, actually You, Narna, Desperado, Aristophanes, Davsto, and Lane have replied to my posts or mentioned me in passing.

I think it's drealmerz who should iso ME and try to engage.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #576  (isolation #30)  » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:50 am

Maybe because I'm one of the few people who have attempted to offer analysis instead of just active lurking, bickering, delivering one-liner unsubstantiated reads, being vague, or showing apathy for solving the game?

That's a rhetorical question by the way.

I noticed a few people had questions for me so I'm gonna read up now.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #626  (isolation #31)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 9:06 pm

In post 624, McMenno wrote:man I'm pretty sure aristatuephanes is not scum

This is a terrible post.
Why isn't he scum?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #652  (isolation #32)  » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:59 pm

VOTE: McMenno

v/la til Jan 23

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #738  (isolation #33)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:39 pm

3/4 flips were third party; likely only 1 or 2 scum left so I'm coming out.

I'm a questionnaire Cop and I caught a Mafia

VOTE: Snarky Snowman

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #740  (isolation #34)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:44 pm

I guess my targets answer to a question. If I get it right I receive their alignment.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #814  (isolation #35)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:39 pm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

VOTE: unvote

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #829  (isolation #36)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:42 pm

So my role claim is real, but the guilty on Snarky was a reaction test.

I feel like he's probably a Lyncher with some extra powers.

Alisae and Desperado had good reactions. Azrael and Davsto not so much.

Discuss.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #845  (isolation #37)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 7:31 pm

I never tried to stop mass claim. In fact I think that's a good idea.

Real target was Drealmerz. "No Result." Apparently Drealmerz answered that he would prefer a non-normal game, or something else affected my action.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #859  (isolation #38)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:45 pm

In post 849, Desperado wrote:zefriend, how often to you gambit? I did not take you for that kind of player.

Why snarky?

Be more specific about the reads you gathered from your reaction test. I know you're more than capable of it so the lack of depth here is a huge red flag.

Although my sample size on MS is small, I have not ever been in a position to make a gambit like this. Obviously there are gambits like fake claiming doc as vanilla to draw fire, but I'm not a huge believer in those types.

The reason I chose to go with a gambit was because (1)the amount of lurkers was too damn high, and I wanted to pressure at least one of them substantially, (2)my target died and I felt rather bummed, so I wanted to make *something* happen, (3)my gut feeling of the player base in this game led me to believe that I could successfully read the reactions to the gambit.

I was going to choose Snarky or Frank, but went with Snarky because Frank was giving me a vibe that he was laying low for a good reason. He's since claimed Doc, which I have no reason to not believe -- this doesn't preclude the possibility of a Mafia Doc.

I wanted to let the gambit simmer for as long as possible so that things could develop, and I'm pleased with the results even though Narna was late to the party -- I'm not too worried about that slot right now anyway.

I liked Desperado and Alisae reactions because their momentum immediately shifted to "solving" the game and auto-winning, so-to-speak. On the other hand, Azrael not so much and I think their L-1 vote was a bit suspicious. Davsto had the opportunity to hammer for a little bit, but that might be seen as scummy regardless of his alignment.

I think some parts of Snarkys claim are true, and some are obvious lies. As someone said, the whole lyncher-info mechanic seems far-fetched. I think Snarky is probably just a self-aligned Lyncher, which leaves 3 more alignments unaccounted for.

If there's a Cult, we should be suspicious of everyone. There might be an Alien, who's responsible for saving Snarky from Azrael vig shot. I've played as an Alien before, and they're generally neutral, meaning I wouldn't worry about them right now. Finally, there could be another independent SK, which would lead me to be cautious of Azrael.

Therefore I'm not interested in lynching Snarky, Desperado, Alisae, Frank, and Narna. That leaves Davsto, Azral, and Kain, the latter whom we haven't heard from at all toDay.

I think Kain should claim since he was strongly softing being an informative PR earlier, then we can go from there.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #860  (isolation #39)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:46 pm

I did not get to choose the question I had to answer in order to receive a result.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #864  (isolation #40)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:00 am

In post 741, Alisae wrote:Ah ok.
VOTE: SnarkySnowman
This snowman has got to go then.

btw I'll do reads and all that stuff laterz. Gimmie name to ISO.

In post 742, Desperado wrote:VOTE: Snarky

In post 743, Desperado wrote:Really no need Ali. We can finish the mass claim and win right now.

In post 744, Alisae wrote:Oh so I'm claiming now?

In post 745, Alisae wrote:actually nah I'll wait.

In post 747, Desperado wrote:Sure if you want to start and popcorn it

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #865  (isolation #41)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:02 am

An Alien is a neutral third party that "abducts" someone each night (jailkeeping them). When he abducts X players, or all living players have been abducted, the Alien satisfies his win-con and "flies away on his spaceship" (leaves the game.)

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #868  (isolation #42)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 2:21 am

He was immediately agreeable with Desp, who initiated the plan.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #871  (isolation #43)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:31 am

In post 869, Davsto wrote:[...]
Your reaction test was a bad idea and how you continued to handle it was worse.

Reasons ...?
In post 870, Davsto wrote:Also the reads you got from it were tenuous at best (and considering massclaim discussion started before your fake result, arguably those reads would have happened anyway)

Four reads I got directly from my reaction test would have happened anyway if I didn't gauge the test? Explain.

I could go on as to how bad it was but it's fairly self-evident (and others have covered many points)

"Self-evident" is not an argument.

Others have had mixed feelings about the gambit but most are working through it via discussion. Feel free to contribute at any point.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #957  (isolation #44)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:18 am

In post 925, Desperado wrote:Desperado - Mason
Davsto - Mason Vig
Narna - Census Taker?
Alisae - Watcher
Azral - Vig
KainTepes - Questionnaire Checker
Zefriend - Questionnaire Cop
SnarkySnowman - Informed Lyncher
Frank - Conditional Doctor

Just to confirm, you're saying you and Davsto confirm each other as Town?

In that case, there's no reason to think Azral is also a Town vig.

VOTE: Azral

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #986  (isolation #45)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:06 pm

In post 980, FrankJaeger wrote:Is 2 vigs normal? Couldnt a scum just say they are a vig in this situation?

Happens all the time. This is why I have Azral as top scumread. If Davsto is Mason Vig then all other Vigs are bad guys.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #992  (isolation #46)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Of the informational peoples, I think KainTepes claim is the most suspicious. It's ambiguous and the net benefit to whatever alignment he's with is unrealized. I believe Frank's claim because his doccing works the same way as my copping. The next most suspicious info role would be Alisae, since a watcher with no info where literally almost everyone visited is highly unlikely. Snarky is somewhere in the middle as I believe he is a Lyncher who isn't a top priority target right now.

I am getting paranoid about Desp and Davsto being cultists, because I can't think of any other factions that explain the 7 cited by Snarky. Not willing to lynch there toDay though.

Narna's slowing down of obv-Town behavior is irking me too.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #993  (isolation #47)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Snarky, Davsto and Desp are Masons with each other. I have no reason to disbelieve this because of my read on Desp. However it is possible they could be going with a ballsy claim as Cultists.

The main thing that's driving my vote is that I just don't think there can be two town Vigs. If Azral somehow flips town, then maybe the Mafia get scared and shoot Davsto the fake vig, (for being part of another faction) and then we lynch Desp. I don't fucking know, this is all just hypothetical.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1002  (isolation #48)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:12 pm

KT is usually MORE AGGRESSIVE and highly talkative as Town. At the current point in the game, he's actually the biggest lurker, which is uncharacteristic of him in my opinion.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1004  (isolation #49)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:13 pm

Snarky, what kind of knowledge would be so valuable that the only way to obtain it is through a Lyncher mechanic?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1006  (isolation #50)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:20 pm

Why is no one else, including you, trying to figure out the 7 alignments in the game? People not trying to let something slip??

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1071  (isolation #51)  » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:59 am

Prodge I guess?

Yeah Kain is scum.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1105  (isolation #52)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:33 pm

In post 1104, FrankJaeger wrote:Does snarkys math still add up about the "7 non town factions"?
Im not in a position to look it up

No, it doesn't. Snarky is confirmed for lying about this information and therefore scum.

Don't have a lot of time to devote to this game until tonight, so I'll give a quick rundown.

1. Investigated Narna b/c paranoid and already pretty sure KT and Azral are scum.
2. Redirected to Davsto, he's town.
3. This makes Desperado town (unless bastard game/mechanics).
4. There's no explanation for why Frank (doctor claim) is alive toDay.

VOTE: Azral is the lynch today. Snarky is always a safe lynch but there are probably more dangerous threats. Someone knows why my target got redirected but isn't coming forward (most likely scum).

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1124  (isolation #53)  » Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:10 am

In post 1119, FrankJaeger wrote:
In post 1105, ɀefiend wrote:4. There's no explanation for why Frank (doctor claim) is alive toDay.


I think its obv how this prob played out.

Who did you target last night?

Also, Narna needs to claim.

There is still no explanation for two Town Vigs. It's actually dumb that the non-Mason Vig claim didn't get lynched yesterday, but whatever.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1147  (isolation #54)  » Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:51 pm

KainTepes is Town.
Desperado-mason
Davsto-mason
Frank-still alive doctor *raised eyebrows*: I think it's possible there's no scum killing roles left... or maybe some 1-shot killer or something.
Snarky-lyncher
Narna-???

VOTE: Narna

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1150  (isolation #55)  » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:04 pm

My result was KT is Town.

KT needs to share his info, whatever he has. Also shouldn't you have some info to share?

I'm willing to lynch Snarky today if the Masons don't feel comfortable lynching you.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1171  (isolation #56)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:57 am

In post 1151, Narna wrote:I've shared all of my info, including in the posts you just responded to. Are you also telling me that not only were you and Frank not killed, you also weren't redirected again? I'm redacting my KT scumread for now, there is something fucked up going on with the night actions this game.

I was redirected from you to Davsto. Passive redirection is a thing. If I targeted you again there was a chance I would be redirected again. That is partially why I am suspicious of you.

KT is town by cop result.

The only fucked up things are 1) unaccounted for redirection of my action Night Two and 2) lack of NKs recently. I am currently hypothesizing about both.

In post 1154, Narna wrote:Please dude, I've been townreading you all game. Zef just presented an interesting idea in that the scumteam only had a 1-shot killer. That makes no sense to me, but I could see it now that he's brought it up. His results have all been more or less useless (Dreal, mason claim, and KT despite being "redirected" last pahse). I think he may be bullshitting a cop claim with Davsto and Desperado as a scumteam. The amount of deaths n1 coupled with mine and KT's roles fits your conditional doc claim.

Why didn't Zeif check me again last night if he was so suspicious of me?

How the fuck can you say KT is a useless result when you were asking for it yesterDay?. He was one of the unaccounted for players and now he's been copped as town. The redirection to a mason was not my doing, although it was useful (to me) because it took away paranoia that Davsto+Desperado were Cultists or some shit. Your theory about Davsto, Desperado, Azral, and Me all being a scumteam is laughable. This whole post smells like flail.

In post 1160, Narna wrote:Zefeind's action do not line up, and he gave you two an inno Desp. It's mostly him, but my point still stands that if I only had one kill, I'd try to lock down something solid like a mason claim with it.

How exactly do my actions not line up? As a cop I've

-outed the Lyncher through a gambit
-confirmed a Mason claim as town (indirectly)
-pushed for Azral as soon as he cc'd vig to the Mason. (still can't believe Alisae got lynched, but whatever)
-cleared KainTepes, a wild card that was lynchbait

Show me any ill motives in my play.

In post 1169, Narna wrote:I'm getting this from Zefeind. There is a chance he threw you two an inno for towncred, but I'm not so sure. Like where on earth does he pull scum has only a 1-shot killer out of his ass?

First you said I could be partners with the masons, now you're saying I fake inno'd them for town-cred -- that implies you're assuming the masons to be legit. I smell more flail.

The 1-shot or x-shot killer idea is a theory based on my experiences in other games.

In post 1170, Narna wrote:[...]
And you're on crack. Zef already claimed he was redirected. I know that this game is more than likely bastard, and something really fishy is going on with no nightkills and Zef claiming to have an accurate result (with a live doc).

The essence of the point is that someone (my guess is You) knows why I was redirected from You to Davsto and is not coming forward and saying why. Therefore the person who knows why is assuredly scum. It's possible that Snarky is responsible for it, but we know he's confirmed lying Lyncher/scum anyway.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1175  (isolation #57)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:58 am

In post 1173, Narna wrote:I'm suggesting that you fabricated the KT result because you will win on a mislynch regardless of whether your inno is on KT or I. What is your explanation for being redirected n2, but not n3? It doesn't make sense unless you think the scum team is weak enough to have a goon, no nk, and either a 1/2shot redirect or a passive one on myself. I simply don't believe town has a cop and a watcher with a weak ass scumteam like that. My role is semi-confirmable; we can out our own answers to the questionnaire to sort of confirm my answers. The game is also most likely bastard, and I don't see any reason why your results should be trusted at this point. You and/or Frank should be dead.

Maybe the other Mafia is a JoaT with something like Rolecop-Redirect-Strongman?

Maybe you and Davsto were swapped?

My cop ability is conditional based on answering correctly; maybe the mod thought I wouldn't be so accurate?

If the game is bastard I won't care about losing as much, so I'm treating my results as accurate and therefore Davsto, Desperado, and KT as town.

I agree that Frank should be dead IF the scumteam have any killing ability left over.

Is stuff like Godfather and Lawyer considered bastard?

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1178  (isolation #58)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:08 pm

You admitted as much.

You are a back-pocket safe lynch if Desperado/Davsto do not feel comfortable lynching Narna toDay.

If I ever get NK'd, Frank gets turbo-lynched. No worries there.

Paging Davsto and KT for input.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1189  (isolation #59)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:28 pm

We can compromise on Snarky today since the masons are basically absent right now.

I'll cop Frank just to be sure, then we lynch Narna. If I die, lynch Frank then lynch Narna anyway.

VOTE: SnarkySnowman

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201  (isolation #60)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:31 pm

In post 1200, Desperado wrote:If we lynch zefriend either he's scum so yay! Or he's town and we get three clears from it.

I wasn't pushing you so why would you want to lynch me?

This is objectively bad play. Lynching Snarky gives me another invest, guaranteed (or else Frank comes under suspicion). If I get NK'd, town gets 3 clears anyway.

Snarky is 1)admitted non-Town 2)trying to lynch the Cop 3)caught lying [twice]

Let's not drag this Day out.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1206  (isolation #61)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:39 pm

Lmao. Your Lyncher salt is wonderful.

Good luck lynching a mason claim, btw.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1252  (isolation #62)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:15 pm

In post 1246, Infinity 324 wrote:Frank looks kinda townish too...that's too many townreads. I guess {narna, frank, snarky} are most likely to be non-town.

I would say that there aren't scum killing roles left but then the game would be over...maybe 1-shot/2-shot SK or something. Idk

VOTE: narna

In b4 Snarky and Narna try to spin you as scum for having the EXACT same thoughts as me.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1253  (isolation #63)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:16 pm

I had to answer whether KT wanted the game to start during Night or Day. I guessed Day and then got my result.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1258  (isolation #64)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Infinity AFAIK any Mafia remaining preclude the game from ending, even if they can't kill. Or maybe their kill is gated by guessing questionnaire answers, and they just suck at getting it right.

I don't think Snarky is Town because:
-Having to lynch a Mason as a Townie for the "betterment" of the Town (in the form of information) makes no sense
-He lied/backtracked on the number of factions
-If there are somehow 7 factions, he's confirmed to be non-Town.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1281  (isolation #65)  » Sun Feb 19, 2017 5:16 pm

Frank is Town. Unless I'm Naive or Desperado has some ability to make himself look and act like a Mason, it's Narna.

VOTE: Narna

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1316  (isolation #66)  » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:03 pm

In post 1307, Infinity 324 wrote:I would want to pre-in but overgamed and I feel like it's gonna be another bastard role madness lol

I like my games within boundaries

Thanks for hosting x

Pretty fun setup with the questionnaire design. I like games with all these factions.


[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Theme Games

cron