Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #800 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by cassielle »

and ftr: you are very strong town tomost and even initially to me. see: . i went into that list withthe idea of reading you as scum because of the scumreads i was having to begin with (i.e., tb+shade+rask) not having a good approach without going after the claimed tracker and your slot having avoided almost all scrutiny from start to finish.

the entire point was to get people to react to it and see how sensible it was. my mistake.

p-edit: i probably was skimming there and im definitely skimming now because your absurd aggressiveness is sapping my will to consider staying involved. i hope you consider that worthy of consideration.

and if its slinging shit to say that it looked to me (AGAIN with the above in mind, that i was looking at it from a scumread point of view to start) like you had found a weak player who was an easy lynch, then scumhunting around you is impossible and i /will/ replace out.

p-edit 2: i said im dropping the damn playstyle thing ffs. what more do you want from me?
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

schadd_, why does your ISO read like coasting scum?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #802 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 800, cassielle wrote:and if its slinging shit to say that it looked to me (AGAIN with the above in mind, that i was looking at it from a scumread point of view to start) like you had found a weak player who was an easy lynch, then scumhunting around you is impossible and i /will/ replace out.
Don't take it personally. I don't get mislynched as town, and I'm not going to start now.

In that post, I WAS wanting Rask to feel some pressure because his vote made no sense from a game-sorting perspective. Coloring that as zeroing in on a victim is misrepresentative of my play.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:17 pm

Post by cassielle »

thats cool. thats great, in fact. look, i dont think you actually understand what it is about you that drove me to distraction, so im going to put it out there.

you arent assuming i could have possibly been mistaken. i do not know your head. i dont know what your brain is like, i cant read your thoughts and youre aggressive and snarky in most of your posts here. i have to assume things, because i cannot and do not have a perfect mental model of you as a human being that i can ping for this information. and when i made a bad read of you you treated it as an outright intentional attack on your character as a mafia player, instead of saying "thats not how i do" and explaining how and where im wrong. and you retaliated in kind.

i am not unreasonable. i also dont come into a mafia game looking to get into verbal pankratos matches with people, i come in to have fun.

just, like, when youre looking at my posts, could you treat them coming from that direction instead of as an attempt to impugn your character, spit on your honor and desecrate the graves of your ancestors? i promise you i make so much more sense like that.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #804 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:18 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Okay, that last paragraph made me laugh.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #805 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

Post by cassielle »

and because my wording, idk, maybe it somehow seems inflammatory, everyones reading me that way idk??

im not saying people dont do that, im saying i personally dont do that because its not cool. im not saying youre DEFINITELY acting that way, im saying thats the only way i can see it from where im standing, i keep retreating at this stage and its like "NO I WILL CAST OUT THE DEMONS" from where im at, and thats not fun, it feels personal in a way it shouldnt, idk

p-edit: im sincerely hoping thats a good thing
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #806 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Cass, give this site a couple months and you'll be like

---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #807 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:25 pm

Post by cassielle »

ok??? im really just like

are we cool now? can we get back to scumhunting tomorrow without me worrying that youre gonna tear through like a derailing freight train and turn me into so much pink mulch? again with the caveat of me not saying youre actually etc etc.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #808 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:27 pm

Post by -Grey- »

FYI, if this wasn't the newbie queue I'd have eaten you alive over all the AtE, but I'm trying to consider your newness and compensate for that.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 807, cassielle wrote:again with the caveat of me not saying youre actually etc etc.
If you think I'm scum, make the case. But before you do, all I ask is that you ask clarifying questions to ensure you understand the motives behind my posts instead of project your own assumptions as fact.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #810 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by cassielle »

AtE is a valid thing. im not saying dont scumread me, seriously. go ahead, do that all you want. lynch me if you feel like you got a real good reason. just like, dont assume im attacking your dignity as a player and start responding in kind, you know?

i dont mind playing the game, i mind feeling like i cant play the game for all the not-part-of-the-game-entirely stuff on the top. idk, maybe thats how its played here, in which case i really need to read up on more of the meta and reconsider being a part ha.

p-edit: fair. i can work with that and the same goes for me.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #811 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 810, cassielle wrote:p-edit: fair. i can work with that and the same goes for me.
I'm not Monty Hall.

This isn't Let's Make A Deal.

dayvig: cassielle

Spoiler:
Just kidding. :P
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:42 pm

Post by cassielle »

fair. alright, before i relax for the night, schadd_ was who you were calling out. i made a case about him as i came into the game, let me see.

case was defeated p soundly. but the ISO is sparse and .. hmm. im gonna count fluffposts.

13 total fluffposts by my count. also clear buddying with gbT. also i came back across and which are slightly questionable (i know what hes talking about but its really early and really flimsy reasoning)

he has 23 contentful posts and most are NAI. that certainly is interesting.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:45 pm

Post by cassielle »

in fact thats not far off of peoples scumreads on your slot before you replaced. lots of fluff and buddying and NAI posts. but schadd_ has been in game longer by now, meaning when GAYreen replaced schadd_ was lower and had fewer contentful posts (3 fluffposts were after #350, just 3) which means he would have been close to TB in terms of uninflated postcount around that point.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #814 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:51 pm

Post by -Grey- »

I didn't really see much of a case from you about schadd_, which makes sense considering they're not giving much content to form a read on.

They're throwing out reads and that's nice and all, but where are those reads coming from? schadd is very light on questioning but heavy on opinions, so I'm skeptical.

schadd looks to me like coasting/active-lurking scum.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Who the hell is Shade, btw?
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #816 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:54 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 815, -Grey- wrote:Who the hell is Shade, btw?
Was about to ask what your read on him was.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:55 pm

Post by cassielle »

exactly one readslist. curiouser and curiouser. and i called out the over-defensiveness to getting scumread originally and it actually /wasnt/ addressed.

does that seem in keeping with him? idk. the ultra-defensive reactions make me lean toward no tho

ah hell. schadd_'s had 4 games. i shouldnt have accepted that response he gave me as is. i had the same issue with GAYreen, couldnt recall wasnt total noob.

p-edit: yes on the questioning but idk about the opinions necessarily. the opinions on an awful lot of slots are practically contentless (GAYreen, me, shade for example).

and only ONE readslist. after two hyperactive replacements and a complete toppling of the table when i came in the game?

p-edit 2: shade's one of the lurk slots like TB. his ISO is short, sweet, and just about unreadable
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #818 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:58 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 817, cassielle wrote:p-edit 2: shade's one of the lurk slots like TB. his ISO is short, sweet, and just about unreadable
And as short as it is, it still has more questions than schaad's, lol.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #819 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by cassielle »

yes, including some very interesting ones like the one about getting people to drop their guard

which i just now realized is a valid reason behind your approach to me *connects face to desk*
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #820 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 819, cassielle wrote:which i just now realized is a valid reason behind your approach to me *connects face to desk*
¿por que?
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #821 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 820, -Grey- wrote:
In post 819, cassielle wrote:which i just now realized is a valid reason behind your approach to me *connects face to desk*
¿por que?
Say what?*
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #822 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:03 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Whatever happened to ThinkBig explaining his reads earlier? This is becoming a super common thing from him that I'm not even surprised that he didn't post them. Only thing I'm wondering though is ThinkBig stalling or is he just overwhelmed with irl issues. If he's overwhelmed with irl issues then I don't know why he didn't replace out long ago.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #823 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:07 pm

Post by cassielle »

just floating possible shadd_ scumteams, schadd_'s hyperdefensiveness about being scumread and general tone of superiority makes me say theres a REALLY good chance of a tb+schadd_ scumteam -- schadd_ wants to get rid of the weak link and coast to endgame under the radar?

shade+schadd_ and rask+schadd_ are also really good pairings. mbg+schadd_ is possible... feels forced but i dont know why i have that vibe. i dont see a -grey-+schadd_ world. everyone else is strong town for me by now.

p-edit: re: the approach thing, you could very well have been trying to irritate and frustrate me purposefully to get my guard down, unfiltered reactions, etc. i dont think its the case but its POSSIBLE and imo i should have thought of that

@mbg: yes this TB promising content and delivering nothing is a common refrain and if i didnt have such an anti town (:p) playstyle id say get him out of here because the vibes are not town, hes lynchbait we cant afford in case of LyLo, and hes muddying the waters
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #824 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 823, cassielle wrote:p-edit: re: the approach thing, you could very well have been trying to irritate and frustrate me purposefully to get my guard down, unfiltered reactions, etc. i dont think its the case but its POSSIBLE and imo i should have thought of that
It's typically my approach outside of the newbie queue, so it's sort of turned into habit I guess.
---

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”