Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?tit ... edirect=no

To quality reading, I highly recommend it for you, Cass.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Top* quality
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:47 pm

Post by cassielle »

ive read it before but that was awhile back. i see i havent been doing it right to be sure ha
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:49 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 852, cassielle wrote:ive read it before but that was awhile back. i see i havent been doing it right to be sure ha
How far back could it have been? You've only been here four days!
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:50 pm

Post by cassielle »

yeah but on my old site we used MS wiki for reference and i read alllll the articles. that was years ago now though heh.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Post by cassielle »

In post 848, mattblackguy wrote:I was trying to look at the game from the perspective of others, and how others view me.
but back to this.

like i said, thats not a town way of thinking. why do you care about what others think here? youre town and you know it so i dont see why you wouldnt assume that town would find you, esp when theyre looking for scum. if you share their wincon you should fit right in.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 855, cassielle wrote:if you share
their
wincon you should fit right in.
SCUMSLIP!

Spoiler:
and that's why most scumslips are worthless
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 855, cassielle wrote:
In post 848, mattblackguy wrote:I was trying to look at the game from the perspective of others, and how others view me.
but back to this.

like i said, thats not a town way of thinking. why do you care about what others think here? youre town and you know it so i dont see why you wouldnt assume that town would find you, esp when theyre looking for scum. if you share their wincon you should fit right in.
Not sure 100% what you mean. Do you mean why do I care if others think I'm scum or something else? I care, because I want to understand their reasoning, and I can put myself in their shoes it'll help me understand their train of thought.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 857, mattblackguy wrote:Not sure 100% what you mean. Do you mean why do I care if others think I'm scum or something else? I care, because I want to understand their reasoning, and I can put myself in their shoes it'll help me understand their train of thought.
You're focusing on the wrong part of the game and that will get you manipulated by Scum.

As town, it is your job to find scum. Everything you do should be centered around finding and lynching scum.

If you are doing that, then town will recognize their own. It's not your job to appeal to town, that is scum's job.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:07 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 858, -Grey- wrote:If you are doing that, then town will recognize their own. It's not your job to appeal to town, that is scum's job.
Got it. Yeah I realise what I said made no sense from a towns perspective now. I'm still not 100% sure how to do scum hunting right though. Like all my reads suck, and everything I thought was AI is actually NAI so I dont know what Im doing anymore.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:08 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 859, mattblackguy wrote:so I dont know what Im doing anymore.
Actually I never knew what I was doing, but for a small amount of time I thought I did but it's clear that I don't.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:11 pm

Post by -Grey- »

Well, I suggest you find your groove because this kind of AtE won't keep you alive.

That goes against your wincon regardless of faction.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:15 pm

Post by cassielle »

scumhunting isnt a hard science, its more of an art. you have some of the right impulses on some scumreads like TB when that pops up.

my method apparently isnt very good but i find scum by asking everyone a lot of questions all the time and paying attention to the quantity, quality and tone of the answers received. if any of those suffer, i lean hard on that slot until im satisfied (temporarily) or certain (this is why rasks claim hasnt changed my read)

this game is weird though because it keeps trying to settle into kumbaya land so i keep trying to force spurious scumreads before it all crystallizes into a ml tragedy conga line. that might actually be a good method in the majority of games
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 861, -Grey- wrote:Well, I suggest you find your groove because this kind of AtE won't keep you alive.
eh not really trying to appeal to anyones emotions. Just stating facts.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:17 pm

Post by cassielle »

EBWOP also this game has had four (!!!!) lurk slots at one point and only about 3 or 4 slots are pushing large quantities of content so its a really slow game and hard to get good reads out of some of the slots. like pulling teeth for tb lol
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 778, Raskolnikov wrote:but I think she has to be confbiasing/tunnely town through sheer amount of being that heavily invested in what she does
This is fallacious, btw.

Effort is not indicative of alignment.
---
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:38 pm

Post by cassielle »

actually hold up i need to just

ok.

im feeling scum in tb and schadd_ stronger than shade or p much ANYONE else except rask (who is not going down today). schadd has over 1 3rd fluffposts and most content posts are short and NAI. hes also about half the post count of the next user up and all the other weirdness.
tb on the other hand? not one single content post. none. zero. its empty. you can read that ISO all you want and you can barely pull anything out of it aside from a REALLY weird readslist with all the wrong effort applied to all the wrong places and his wtf? claim. he posts in jots of 1-5 posts, most of which are empty and meaningless fluff. there's also the oft repeated "i will post content tonight!" followed by the sound of a million crickets. if LAL applied to that side of things too hed be a goner already

shade has more original content by volume than schadd_ and tb combined. the density is off the charts considering he has the bottom tier post count and 9 fluffposts out of 21 -- thats like, just under half? theyre also curious and come in predictable spurts and lengths of activity that feel legit.
mbg has low content per post and a meandering sort of curiosity that for me puts him under shade, but still well above tb or schadd_. theres like this gap in my reads now that im re-examining, there is no nullscum, its just null reads - empty line - scum reads

and i got 3 names in that list which is imo the perfect number.
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Post by cassielle »

alright that does it for me. relaxing time.

tc folks
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Creature »

VOTE: schadd_

Should be L-2 counting -Grey- and cassielle's votes. If you also voted but I missed your vote, that'd be good to tell.
Sigh
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:21 am

Post by -Grey- »

@Casserole, another
misrep
objectively unfair portrayal of my actions
that bugs me is the way you accused me of throwing shade at Creature when I was saying he was town
because
of the stupidity I found and
he has consistently been my highest rated townread

How could you look at my play and honestly think I was throwing shade on him AND bait me into talking about why I was townreading him?
---
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:25 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 865, -Grey- wrote:
In post 778, Raskolnikov wrote:but I think she has to be confbiasing/tunnely town through sheer amount of being that heavily invested in what she does
This is fallacious, btw.

Effort is not indicative of alignment.
Not so much the effort as the conviction.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:41 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Well the efforts part of it too, I guess, if it was less you could maybe handwave it. But if there's that much and it all points to her being invested into the game and actually believing the (often faulty) things she says, I'd assume most people incapable of that acting.
deranged and incoherent
?
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:54 am

Post by Aeronaut »

Im going to be V/LA for a few days at least. I'm in the ER until further notice.
having said that, I will check in as much as possible to our game, at the very least once a day.

Phone posting right now but later on I will post a VC.
2023 W/L | 1-0
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:57 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 871, Raskolnikov wrote:Well the efforts part of it too, I guess, if it was less you could maybe handwave it. But if there's that much and it all points to her being invested into the game and actually believing the (often faulty) things she says, I'd assume most people incapable of that acting.
If Cass was new to the game, I would concede your point, but Cass is playing like a veteran and has admitted to being experienced.
---
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:32 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

Maybe? If as scum I came into a game though and already got myself townread I wouldn't then put hours into megaposts and analysis on everyone, just kind of seems like madness.
There'd have to be some other motive I think. If I had to think of a conspiracy theory, the only thing I could maybe see anyone (who's in general already being townread) going this HAM for, would potentially be trying to divert from thinkbig, given he's been in a bad spot this entire time so the pressure/motivation wouldn't be off while he's still a wagon. But I've never seen someone fake passionate/powerplay to the extent she'd have to be.
deranged and incoherent
?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”