Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
theplague42
Mafia Scum

Pronoun: He

Post Post #10225  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm

karnos in somebody else's quote wrote:Essentially Davsto is saying blacks don't own cars, don't complete school, and work low paying jobs.

snip

It comes down to Davsto being a huge racist, claiming blacks can't get good jobs, don't own cars, and are uneducated. If you can read the above quote and come to another conclusion, please enlighten me, because I'm just interpreting the meaning of the words he wrote.

Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Trump that said all/most of those things. Or is it only racist when a "liberal" says it?
Currently learning a new codebase.

Davsto
Farce of Habit

Post Post #10226  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:17 pm

In post 10217, karnos wrote:It comes down to Davsto being a huge racist, claiming blacks can't get good jobs, don't own cars, and are uneducated.

It would be racist if I (well, Wraith) were saying "they did this because they're lazy lazy people". But he didn't - he said that these inequalities occurred due to societal and cultural issues that go back generations and still affect black people today and is out of their control.

Of course, you completely missed the point, either because you can't interpret properly or you're purposefully extrapolating the worst interpretation to fuel the fire.
"dammit davsto" - everyone"I'm never in someone's sig :(" - McMenno
On UK time, currently UTC+1

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10227  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:20 pm

Literacy tests were not racist. They relied on education about the US government and literacy, not on race. Both blacks and whites can be uneducated. Saying that blacks can't read or write is racist. I say we bring back literacy tests to ensure only informed, English-speaking citizens are allowed to vote.

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #10228  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:25 pm

Voter ID laws only led to a 2-3% reduction in turnout
no biggy

karnos
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10229  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:39 pm

In post 10228, shaft.ed wrote:Voter ID laws only led to a 2-3% reduction in turnout
no biggy

I wonder what percentage of turnout in non-Voter ID states is fraudulent.

karnos
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10230  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:41 pm

In post 10225, theplague42 wrote:Actually, I'm pretty sure it was Trump that said all/most of those things. Or is it only racist when a "liberal" says it?

I don't think Trump ever said the blacks are so uneducated they can't vote or so poor they can't vote.

In fact Trump seemed to be telling the blacks he would help them, asking for their vote, why would he do that if the narrative of blacks being unable to obtain ID and vote is actually true? (It's not)

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #10231  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:43 pm

In post 10229, karnos wrote:
In post 10228, shaft.ed wrote:Voter ID laws only led to a 2-3% reduction in turnout
no biggy

zero if you round to the nearest millionth of a percent

shaft.ed
dem.agogue

Post Post #10232  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:46 pm

In post 10230, karnos wrote:so poor they can't vote.
why should you have to buy something to vote?

karnos
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10233  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:56 pm

In post 10231, shaft.ed wrote:
In post 10229, karnos wrote:
no biggy

zero if you round to the nearest millionth of a percent

LOL.

You think that fraud is never successful, every single case of attempted voter fraud has been detected and prosecuted.

karnos
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10234  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 pm

In post 10232, shaft.ed wrote:

Polling station won't let you inside naked. you have to buy clothes to vote. Clothing requirements are racist!

Why should you have to wear clothes to vote?!

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10235  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:16 pm

I thought this argument didn't actually exist and it was Conservatives making it up to make Liberals look bad.

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10236  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:28 pm

The question that should be relevant is Does in-person voter fraud (the kind generally referenced by legislators pushing for voter ID laws) occur to the extent that voter ID laws could be upheld by the Supreme Court under the strict scrutiny standard?, in my opinion. I have never seen even somewhat tangible evidence that this is the case. Most accusations of voter fraud tend to boil down to bad record-keeping, not intentional fraud.

Unless somebody would rather argue that the Supreme Court got it wrong for the last 130 years (it's happened before).

Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #10237  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:32 pm

In post 10234, karnos wrote:
In post 10232, shaft.ed wrote:

Polling station won't let you inside naked. you have to buy clothes to vote. Clothing requirements are racist!

Why should you have to wear clothes to vote?!
public decency laws?
I try to stand, but my love's so heavy

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10238  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

nah.
Last edited by Fluminator on Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10239  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:35 pm

Mail-in voting exists for a reason. You think people do it b/c it's convenient? It's so they don't have to put on pants.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #10240  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:40 pm

In post 10233, karnos wrote:LOL.

You think that fraud is never successful, every single case of attempted voter fraud has been detected and prosecuted.

But nobody fraudulently voted for Trump, right?

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10241  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:41 pm

In post 10238, Fluminator wrote:Here's something a friend shared on Facebook not too long ago about voter ID laws.
Ignore the click bait title please.

(Also if it matters he's from America, he's African American, and he voted Bernie and then Hillary.

I've seen this video before. It's strawmanny and edited to hell, but it's funny.

It's still irrelevant.

Fluminator
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10242  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:48 pm

It's strawmanny? So it's now what you guys believe? Good to hear.

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10243  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:53 pm

In post 10242, Fluminator wrote:It's strawmanny? So it's now what you guys believe? Good to hear.

Sorry, strawman is the wrong word; I should've said selective. It's picking and choosing how it wants to portray both sides to present a narrative.

It's also Ami Horowitz, so it's really just political infotainment. It's not like the O'Keefe videos where he is actually trying to convince people of something.

I'll add that it's actually a good example of why I think it's not productive to try to argue about the reasons the laws are racist; there are obviously plenty of minorities that have IDs. Instead, it's better to point out that they are unconstitutional unless there is clear evidence of voter fraud, given that statistically they affect minorities more, and that the laws are often crafted to hurt minorities specifically b/c they vote Democrat.

Dwlee99
Rising Star
Rising Star

Pronoun: They

Post Post #10244  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:58 pm

In post 10242, Fluminator wrote:It's strawmanny? So it's now what you guys believe? Good to hear.

It is strawmanny because they took some phrases that were on the spot and poorly worded and then presented them as the liberal argument.
The video is also completely anecdotal and probably edited out anyone who didn't have an ID.
That or it could be argued that the group they were interviewing isn't representative of the entire population. They interviewed african americans who were walking on the street during the day. Poorer people may not be walking on the street during the day due to being at work, not having a reason to go out due to lack of money, or sleeping due to working the night shift, etc.
Bad observational study, imo.
Show

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10245  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

theplague42
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10246  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:11 pm

In post 10245, Lurker wrote:Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

Sexist just doesn't have the same ring.

Lurker
Goon

Post Post #10247  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:14 pm

In post 10246, theplague42 wrote:
In post 10245, Lurker wrote:Looks like racist is the go-to buzzword here. This is going to be a fun read.

Sexist just doesn't have the same ring.

Only minor name calling? A civil conversation? That's nice to hear. Hopefully I won't have to dig too far to figure out what the topic as of right now is.

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #10248  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:19 pm

In post 10199, Wraith wrote:Meh, it's more he doesn't have any actual arguments to fall back upon so he's just filling the thread with nonsense. It's the patented Trump Troll strategy.

it's so bizarre
trump has already won
what is the point of acting he still must be fought for

Psyche
mr. personality

Post Post #10249  (ISO)  » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:20 pm

i prefer the phrase "recurring theme"

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion