Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4325  (isolation #200)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 6:35 am

@Axle - BTW, what's your background? You're actually really well versed in environmental ideas, which I find wonderfully refreshing.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4372  (isolation #201)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 pm

In post 4329, T S O wrote:What does this mean? You made up an imaginary quote by me. Foval was actually recorded saying this.

My question was what possible context the quote could have. Your response was ...pretending I said it. I don't get how these are remotely related.

Dude. You're not following.

I took what you said out of context and presented it as if you said it. This is exactly what O'Keefe does. He doesn't even deny it.

If O'Keefe isn't providing a context, then he's warping the context. Don't be angry at me if you're easily mislead by right-wing media.

In post 4330, T S O wrote:I really don't think you have the right to be condescending when your previous answer to the O'Keefe tape question was some bullshit deflection about me and an O'Keefe smear at the end. Sad, right?

I reserve the right to be condescending. He was given multiple chances to explain himself and he deflected with vague bullshitty "do the research yourself" with an unhelpful link.

Don't be angry with me because you're easily mislead by subreddit commentators.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4373  (isolation #202)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:29 pm

In post 4336, AxleGreaser wrote:I read silent spring, which was old at the time, before many people on the forum were born. Then waited, while fretting, for umpteen years for humans to do anything about it.
So yeah, time when mixed with worry, does that.

Ah yes. The Gaia theory is wacky, but Carson wrote a good book. It's weird, I researched enough environmental concepts and trends that I got a bit numb to the constant doomsday trends.

In post 4343, AxleGreaser wrote:Yeah sorry i thouhgt I had linked the love cnal thing and as Erin Brochvich was played by Julie Roberts in the film about it I kinda assumed everyone knew.
It was old news to me when I first saw the film.

Well it was one of the most disgusting and arrogant of human life disasters, in your country. And yeah the chemicals leaking were about as nasty as glowing green goop could be. And then they lied a lot. And that was self regulation in action.

Oh, you got the wrong, actually. Love Canal happened in New York, whereas Erin Brokovich helped fight groundwater contamination in Californian small towns. Plus I think about 20 years apart (Love Canal was in the early 1970s). The Love Canal disaster was one of the key components that lead to CERCLA which became the Superfund Act of 1980.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4408  (isolation #203)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:21 am

In post 4401, SleepyKrew wrote:karnos had credibility?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4416  (isolation #204)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:12 am

No context? No problem!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4449  (isolation #205)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:04 pm

In post 4448, karnos wrote:I'd rather go with choice #3, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Trump is illiterate. That makes him a horrible candidate.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4454  (isolation #206)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:21 pm

In post 4453, karnos wrote:
In post 4452, randomidget wrote:I'm starting to think karnos is trolling at this point.

No, this board has a heavy liberal bias, that doesn't make me a troll.

Go refill the frosty machine.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4459  (isolation #207)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:31 pm

In post 4458, karnos wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2013/06/edward-snowden-charged-nsa-093179

read the facts, the details, and you will see that at least one of those felonies charged against Snowden applies equally to Hillary.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4461  (isolation #208)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:34 pm

In post 4450, karnos wrote:
In post 4449, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4448, karnos wrote:I'd rather go with choice #3, MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN.

Trump is illiterate. That makes him a horrible candidate.

Hillary is a felon. She is not electable.

Wait.. Can I take a moment to point out how weird it is that you totally didn't even deny the outlandish accusation that Trump is illiterate?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4469  (isolation #209)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 2:53 pm

In post 4463, chamber wrote:if you start defending trump you lose, have to stay on the offense.

Shit, there might actually be something to that.

Like, when karnos brought up the shotty info that Hillary is an alcoholic and we all stopped to check wtf he was talking about. Because we're basically honest folk who check out any previously unknown info.

Whereas karnos just assumes that any anti-Trump comment is probably basically true and he just ignores it because you can't argue truth.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4526  (isolation #210)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:22 pm

In post 4471, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Trump 2016 MAGA! Fight the elites...

Yeah! Fight the elites by voting them directly into power! None of that middleman bullshit!

I've yet to see any Trump supporter actually articulate what about America isn't great and when the last time it was great.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4527  (isolation #211)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 8:37 pm

In post 4516, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Republican leadership isnt 50% of America. They are the Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnel and Jeb Bush types.

Ted Cruz, Ben Carson and Trump were outsiders. Trump did a hostile takeover of the GOP and made it his party.

What makes me angry is this:

They call it "bipartisan" decisions. Things both parties agree on so they can shut out the people's preference. Trump disrupts their collusion.

I do fine it strange that you enjoy Dan Carlin so much. I mean, he's got a great radio voice, but he attempts to specialize in seeing arguments from every angle, but you've got this crazy "every anti-leftist conspiracy is absolutely real" vibe to your comments.

I like you ABR. I know we're not going to agree on politics, but I wish we could at least have sane conversations.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4548  (isolation #212)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:33 am

In post 4536, T S O wrote:
In post 4459, Kublai Khan wrote:Wait.. Can I take a moment to point out how weird it is that you totally didn't even deny the outlandish accusation that Trump is illiterate?

"Fucking conservative pleb. If you don't respond to every allegation of mine, you tacitly admit it's true!"

In post 4469, Kublai Khan wrote:Because we're basically honest folk who check out any previously unknown info.

You're not at all. You made your mind up months ago and you don't at all care what allegations come out against your candidate now. Which is fair enough, because I and millions of others did the same. But, please - just cease this morally righteous bullshit where you pretend to examine all new evidence with an unbiased eye.

It's strange how you stop by, don't acknowledge any response I've made to you and pull random stuff to attack me with. It's like we're not having a conversation and you're just nasty sniping at me. But that can't be true, can it?

But to respond...

That tactic where to re-interpret someone else's words incorrectly is some pretty weaksauce shit. The illiteracy thing was a joke by Samantha Bee and of course it's not true. But he responded with a counter-attack which is sillier. I don't disrespect kronos because he's conservative, I disrespect him because he's a troll. He's not even acknowledging the left-field Wendy's stuff which means we know exactly which troll he is.

Honestly, I don't mind that you call me out for being rude. I try to accept that constructive feedback and I do try to be more respectful. But that kronos guy isn't having a political debate, he's just insulting one candidate and that's it.

Secondly, I do care about allegations. But you have to accept that all allegations have to be weighed according to their source and how much it affects everyone's individual moral codes. I trust mainstream news sources way more than you do because I think your paranoia is ridiculous. They just have too much to lose by being as blatantly and regularly wrong as the right-wing news sources you trust are. I got righteous about the examining evidence thing because we all literally dropped everything and looked up what this new charge ("Clinton is an alcoholic") was about. And determined that it was bullshit from a crazy person. Did you look up where the "Trump is an illiterate" thing came from? Or did you just ignore it as a left-wing attack? Oh, and sorry if you think James O'Keefe, Scott Adams, Peter Theile, and Steve Pieczenik are people who are sane and rational, but I don't. Find a different source. Convince me with facts, not with some person's opinions and interpretations.

As for Clinton, I am a little bothered by the use of a private server for government business, but nowhere near the level that you're outraged. For all the scrutiny that the leaked e-mails got, there is absolutely no fucking smoking gun. It's an embarrassing scandal, but it's not a "this person is unfit for office" scandal.

As much as I think the shady connections that Trump and Russia have need to be investigated, that's not even in the top ten reasons what I think Trump is a horrible choice for President. I would love if the news focused on how all of Trump economic policies are absolutely doomed to failure. About how his de-regulation policies would court environmental disasters. About how his foreign policies are mostly promises to be aggressive in a world where fuses are already short. About how he's the opposite of transparent with the people--he won't release his taxes or legitimate medical records. And so on.

If the e-mail thing is scarier to you then those things, then we are at an impasse. Sorry.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4557  (isolation #213)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:16 am

On the list of IMPORTANT QUALITIES TO CONSIDER WHEN CHOOSING A LEADER, stuff like "speech-writing" shouldn't even be in the top half.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4568  (isolation #214)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:57 pm

In post 4564, Albert B. Rampage wrote:When I started researching politics last year...

Okay.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4570  (isolation #215)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:08 pm

Yeah, you're fine. I'm just feeling old.

I remember how obvious solutions political solutions used to be and I get why you're so gung-ho for Trump.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4635  (isolation #216)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:03 am

In post 4616, T S O wrote:ABR's posts in this thread warm my heart. That's patriotism, folks. That's a Trump supporter.

Ah, there's the assholism inherent in all small brained right-wingers. Anyone who supports "your guy" is a patriot and everyone who opposes him is a traitor.

Fuck off T S O.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4676  (isolation #217)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:12 pm

In post 4653, Albert B. Rampage wrote:KK is what happens when someone (very reasonably) takes all their news from social media and CNN. The perfect example of someone trapped in an echo chamber.

Yet you are the one that is literally praising his candidate of choice with a type of religious fervor.

For your information, I don't get my news from social media (which I don't use) or CNN (I don't even have a cable package, so I can't even watch CNN).

Trump lost me as a potential supporter when I heard him launch his campaign with the idea of a Mexican wall. The idea is completely impractical, unfeasible, has massive associated costs he can't ruin foreign relations by pushing it on them, and violates several American laws.

Since then he's been full of unrealistic ideas and has been insulting and burning bridges by the dozen every week. He has grandiose plans as a Washington OUTSIDER! (DUN DUN DUUUN!) but no political capital to accomplish them.

Which means he has to spend a lot of literal money (more debt!) to accomplish anything. Plus most of his plans are massively fascist. More police stop and frisks. Less freedom of the press. More ICE agents sweeping through communities.

When you say Trump is a bully, you are wrong. Trump doesn't want to bully, he wants to oppress and subjugate. And you're a fool for thinking that you're on the right side of Trump.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4680  (isolation #218)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:22 pm

In post 4678, T S O wrote:Walls work in an extremely simple fashion. You build them and they keep people out. Ask Israel.

- So that doesn't keep out those that come in legally, then illegally let their VISAs expire. (about half)
- There is also a network of tunnels already existing in the area.
- The maintenance cost of Trump's wall is 750 million per year. Your taxes gonna go up.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4682  (isolation #219)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:23 pm

Also, Israel's wall is literally to keep out suicide bombers and terrorists. Is that your view of Mexicans????

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4694  (isolation #220)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:57 pm

In post 4686, Wake88 wrote:
In post 4676, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4653, Albert B. Rampage wrote:KK is what happens when someone (very reasonably) takes all their news from social media and CNN. The perfect example of someone trapped in an echo chamber.

Yet you are the one that is literally praising his candidate of choice with a type of religious fervor.

How many turn a blind eye to Hillary?

I can count the media outlets on my right hand. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS...

Seriously? You honestly believe that none of those networks did any reporting on e-mails or Benghazi?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4700  (isolation #221)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:13 pm

In post 4697, Wake88 wrote:
In post 4694, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 4686, Wake88 wrote:
In post 4676, Kublai Khan wrote:

How many turn a blind eye to Hillary?

I can count the media outlets on my right hand. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS...

Seriously? You honestly believe that none of those networks did any reporting on e-mails or Benghazi?
That is not what I said.

Be honest with me, or I will stop bothering trying to have a real discussion with you.

Then I don't understand what you said. Be more clear.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4728  (isolation #222)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:09 pm

In post 4703, Wake88 wrote:Those media outlets may--MAY--report on some of that, but in no way does that mean they don't support Hillary 100%. Do you think because MSNBC mentioned the Benghazi emails that they aren't deeply in the bag for HRC? By that logic, because FOX 'news' touches on Trump's comments they must not automatically be bent in favor of Trump. Then again, some of FOX 'news' is at odds with Trump, yet much of the left-leaning outlets are in favor of HRC.

You haven't explained what you mean by "support" and "favor".

Comments like "CNN is in favor of Clinton" are made so often and with so much conviction, you'd think there was really compelling evidence to back it up.

Same with "Crooked Hillary".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4729  (isolation #223)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:09 pm

In post 4721, Wake88 wrote:Frankly I think it'd be more productive to speak alone with chambers, because in spite of our differing views he at least shows me he's an adult and is willing to back up what he believes in, which does a hell of a lot more than what davsto, reckoner, randomidget, and albert are doing in these last few pages. KK I could see having a better discussion with than those four, too.

Actually thanks for that.

I've been pretty grumpy the past few days.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4733  (isolation #224)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:27 pm

In post 4732, theplague42 wrote:
In post 4728, Kublai Khan wrote:Comments like "CNN is in favor of Clinton" are made so often and with so much conviction, you'd think there was really compelling evidence to back it up.

I think criticism of CNN (basically the Fox of the left, with MSNBC) is fair but it's used to point fingers at the rest of the media.

I don't think it's fair. It usually amounts to "they aren't calling her crooked at every opportunity, therefore they support her".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4737  (isolation #225)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:45 pm

In post 4734, theplague42 wrote:They've long been more favorable of liberals in my experience;

This is anecdotal though. And what's the comparison?

I don't have cable, so I don't watch any of the cable news stuff. Though occasionally I will read articles that seem really fairly neutral in tone only to be told that "CNN is obviously pro-Hillary". Why?

The only way that I can figure people judge it to be "left-leaning" and "pro-Hillary" is that the news they regularly read is so skewed to the right that they are shocked when a news source isn't openly bashing Democrats.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4773  (isolation #226)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:33 pm

In post 4761, Shaziro wrote:Anna, is your research the Adam Ruins Everything video? Presenting the facts behind your assertion should be a thing you do, not a "you first" kind of thing. One of the biggest problems with arguing with people who are heavily supporting Trump is that many of them refuse to give any evidence or facts, they just say "it's in the emails" or "look it up" or "Research says". Be better than that.

Anna's evidence is PEW.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4776  (isolation #227)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:50 pm

In post 4774, Shaziro wrote:PEW?

You haven't heard of the PEW Research Center? It's one of the best non-partisan sources in the world...

http://www.pewresearch.org/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4914  (isolation #228)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:39 pm

In post 4912, T S O wrote:What specifically constitutes violence? Just so we're clear on where the goalposts lie here. Do you think me calling you deluded is violence? Do you think me calling feminism a disease is violence?

Clearly GreyICE should have hinted that there was a second amendment solution to these problems instead.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #4918  (isolation #229)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:00 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5104  (isolation #230)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:56 am

Oh my god... this conversation....

I just literally can't....

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5319  (isolation #231)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:23 pm

I've been re-educated. I now believe that good is self-evident.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5331  (isolation #232)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:26 pm

In post 5329, Majiffy wrote:I voted, as I have nearly every year for the last 8 years.

I received neither sticker nor receipt on any occasion.

I'm a little disappointed by the lack of stickers.

good?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5384  (isolation #233)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:02 am

Well, I hope T S O sticks around for the next four years.

Because he's gonna need to defend and explain every single one of Trump's fuckups. And there's going to be a lot of fuckups.

Are you ready for that T S O?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5388  (isolation #234)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:29 am

HEY T S O!

Your boy is already fucking up just by existing.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/antoinegara ... 5cacf36330

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5392  (isolation #235)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:51 am

In post 5390, Wake88 wrote:He's won Pennsylvania. He's winning Michigan and Wisconsin. Don't even try to slander these voters as racists.

It. Does. Not. Stick. Any. More.

And this is exactly why you don't insult half the country by calling them deplorable.

She said half of Trump's supporters were deplorable. So anyone who heard that and assumed that she was talking about them is probably right. Including you.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5393  (isolation #236)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:53 am

T S O, that cartoon makes no sense.

Much like your reasons for supported the lardtub. So kudos for consistency.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5403  (isolation #237)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:01 am

In post 5396, Garmr wrote:
In post 5391, Psyche wrote:still a bad person

You can argue Hillary is to. I kinda think liberals needed the win but they have a trash view on a majority of social issues and social issues are easier to understand than financial ones.

You're totally right. Republicans can't understand basic math. Or a chart that shows how bad the economy gets every time a R wins the presidency.

@kublai khan
your average die hard hillary supporter.

Yeah. You probably don't want to play that game. I can just pull up any image from the people of Walmart website to describe the average Trump voter.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5406  (isolation #238)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:07 am

In post 5404, Wake88 wrote:
In post 5403, Kublai Khan wrote:You're totally right. Republicans can't understand basic math.

Well, I guess they could get pointers from the Clinton campaign.

Probably. The Clinton economy was great.

Anyone want to take bets on the first state secret Trump tweets?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5412  (isolation #239)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:20 am

In post 5410, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 5407, Not_Mafia wrote:Why has no one called this yet?

Hillary doesn't have the class to concede.

Ugh. She couldn't possibly be as bad as Trump.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5416  (isolation #240)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:22 am

In post 5415, Psyche wrote:it's an idiom

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5420  (isolation #241)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:40 am

In post 5419, Shiro wrote:TSO and ABR

Cheers

DOW dropped 800 points. The idea of Trump being president is making investors want to pull their money out of America and invest elsewhere.

Good job.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5428  (isolation #242)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:51 am

In post 5423, RadiantCowbells wrote:Hopefully the DNC will stop their corrupt meddling and allow the people to elect a person that the people want to see as president. If not, then they will continue to be marginalized.

As long as people believe bullshit like this? No. Corruption is an actual crime with penalties. Show the evidence of corruption or shut up and quit being a propagandic tool of people that are happy to use you like a fool.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5432  (isolation #243)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:59 am

In post 5430, RadiantCowbells wrote:KK, the evidence is yours to seek if you choose to seek it. It is very much common knowledge that the DNC fucked Bernie over and HRC even apologized for it and the DNC fired Debbie Wasserman Schulz over it. No one besides you denies that it happened.

Corruption is an actual crime. Like Trump bribing the AG of Florida.

"Waah! Not fair!" is not corruption. It's politics. Get over the dumb idea that Saunders had a chance. He didn't. He had better ideas, but less of a chance to win the general election.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5433  (isolation #244)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:00 am

In post 5426, Shiro wrote:
In post 5420, Kublai Khan wrote:

Cheers
DOW dropped 800 points. The idea of Trump being president is making investors want to pull their money out of America and invest elsewhere.

Good job.
Yea. Uncertainty does that. Happened in Brittain after brexit but it rebounded. Your point?

Didn't happen when Obama won.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5436  (isolation #245)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:03 am

In post 5435, Shiro wrote:
In post 5433, Kublai Khan wrote:

Cheers

Good job.
Yea. Uncertainty does that. Happened in Brittain after brexit but it rebounded. Your point?

Which is the most recent example f a similart matter?

Wow. Do you not remember 2008?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5441  (isolation #246)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:17 am

In post 5438, ArcAngel9 wrote:Donald Won. Is this is a good news or bad?

Well, the KKK is celebrating. :?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5444  (isolation #247)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:19 am

In post 5437, Shiro wrote:
In post 5436, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5435, Shiro wrote:
In post 5433, Kublai Khan wrote:

Cheers

Good job.

Which is the most recent example f a similart matter?

Wow. Do you not remember 2008?
Hazy since as I have stated this is the first election I have invested time looking at, but still which is more recent and more similar.

Well, good news for you. You get to relive the Bush II years for the first time. Except not as competent. Enjoy.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5445  (isolation #248)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:21 am

In post 5443, TwiszTed wrote:Who wants to lay odds on how fast ObamaCare gets repealed?

No. The first thing Trump will do is literally rob people.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/apps/g/p ... ?tid=a_inl

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5475  (isolation #249)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:42 am

In post 5458, T S O wrote:
In post 5420, Kublai Khan wrote:DOW dropped 800 points.

Market uncertainty. Just like Brexit. It's a natural reaction - when you upset the status quo, the future is no longer predictable.

Oh? SO Trump's unpredictability is a bad thing and that's a metric that proves it.

Good thing there was a safety net put in place to stop it from dropping further. Obama already protected us from the first Trump-related disaster.

In post 5459, T S O wrote:KK, melting down on the forum is really unbecoming. There are specific subreddits on Reddit set up for just these moments, so you should break down there instead.

Oh, it's not a melt down. I just don't want you scurrying into the shadows like a Dubya voter. You're Trump's Press Secretary liaison for mafiascum.net. You and ABR.

Stay. And explain. And defend. And justify. Because there's gonna be some bad shit coming down the pipes. And you're going to own that shit.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5479  (isolation #250)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:52 am

In post 5477, Shiro wrote:
In post 5475, Kublai Khan wrote:Oh? SO Trump's unpredictability is a bad thing and that's a metric that proves it.

It is neither bad nor good. It is unknown and investors don't bet on.the unknown till they see something.

You cannot know if it is good or bad till it's over.

And nothing is ever over in politics.

SO what metric should we judge Trump by? What's something we can check on every year to see if Trump is a good president? You name it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5559  (isolation #251)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:18 pm

In post 5499, Garmr wrote:Hillary Clinton has ties to Robert Byrd a kkk recruiter while the kkk leader just liked trump. Pretty funny how the one you bash is the one who doesn't converse with them.

Wow. Republicans are still repeating that bold-faced lie and expect to be taken seriously.

Byrd left the Klan in 1952 and has spent decades trying to undo the damage he did. Whereas the Trump re-tweeted and played dumb when asked about CURRENT KKK leader David Duke.

So yes, Trump is currently the candidate supported by the KKK. You have at least one thing in common with white supremacists. Feel good about that?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5563  (isolation #252)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:24 pm

In post 5521, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 5475, Kublai Khan wrote:Oh, it's not a melt down. I just don't want you scurrying into the shadows like a Dubya voter. You're Trump's Press Secretary liaison for mafiascum.net. You and ABR.

Stay. And explain. And defend. And justify. Because there's gonna be some bad shit coming down the pipes. And you're going to own that shit.

Mission accepted

Trump's potential candidate choices:

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/w ... net-231071

Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products company Lucas Oil, is seen as a top contender for Interior Secretary.

Donald Trump himself has indicated that he wants to give the Treasury secretary job to his finance chairman, Steven Mnuchin, a 17-year-veteran of Goldman Sachs who now works as the chairman and chief executive of the private investment firm, Dune Capital Management. Mnuchin has also worked for OneWest Bank, which was later sold to CIT Group in 2015.

Continental Resources CEO Harold Hamm has long been seen as a leading candidate for Energy Secretary.

Myron Ebell, a climate skeptic who is running the EPA working group on Trump’s transition team, is seen as a top candidate to lead the agency. Ebell, an official at the Competitive Enterprise Institute, has come under fire from environmental groups for his stances on global warming. Venture capitalist Robert Grady is also a contender.

Is Trump really protecting the people from lobbyists and special interests like he said he would? Doesn't look like it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5566  (isolation #253)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:24 pm

In post 5561, Garmr wrote:anyway to sleep

@kublai khan offer something intelligent other than bad group supports x so x must be bad.

So do stuff differently than you.

Double standards.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5641  (isolation #254)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:07 pm

In post 5599, T S O wrote:
In post 5559, Kublai Khan wrote:Whereas the Trump re-tweeted and played dumb when asked about CURRENT KKK leader David Duke.

Trump was caught off guard because he didn't know who Duke was, and almost immediately disavowed Duke once he did. It is okay for Byrd to renounce the KKK even though he was in it for years, but not okay for Trump to renounce its support after a few hours? Why do you never mention the fact that Trump renounced Duke's support? Because it doesn't suit your narrative.

Wrong. Trump knew exactly who David Duke was. Here is evidence:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fac ... he-record/

In post 5599, T S O wrote:
In post 5559, Kublai Khan wrote:So yes, Trump is currently the candidate supported by the KKK. You have at least one thing in common with white supremacists. Feel good about that?

White nationalists have to support someone. In 2008, the KKK supported Obama because they thought it would wake America up and cause some sort of backlash. For example, the Orlando shooter's father supported Hillary this election, and he's not a nice man. Does this make you have one thing in common with terrorists?

Wrong. The "KKK support Obama" story was a satirical story published by The Daily Squibb, a British satirical paper.
http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/kkk.asp

Wow. 0 for 2. You should really stop getting your news from wherever you're getting your news.

Also: You need to stop hiding behind "but Hillary" retorts. The election is over. Not to mention it's really pathetic to equate a single bad person's support with re-tweeting information for white nationalists and pretending not to know who the White Power leader is when Trump definitely did.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5642  (isolation #255)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:12 pm

In post 5629, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 5612, Psyche wrote:^ see, that is actually moronic

Just because you aren't bright enough to get the metaphor doesn't mean the metaphor itself is flawed.

No, we all got it because we can all recognize a reductio ad absurdum. Your argument was super dumb-bad.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5644  (isolation #256)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:49 pm

Actually,

@T S O @ TwiszTed - Instead of a prolonged "No, YOUR candidate is racist" endless argument. How about, can you adequately explain why Trump is openly championed and supported by racist groups like the KKK? And why that might cause people to worry?

I mean, do you understand the concerns about Trump in regards to race relations?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5650  (isolation #257)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:12 pm

In post 5649, Garmr wrote: I wouldn't normally make those arguments but since you can't seem to argue on the higher levels of the pyramid I will bring it low for you this once.

Oh, right. You're the guy that posted the pyramid, then has done nothing but made ad hominem attacks on the intelligence of others. Oh, the irony.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5666  (isolation #258)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:22 pm

In post 5653, Garmr wrote:
In post 5650, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5649, Garmr wrote: I wouldn't normally make those arguments but since you can't seem to argue on the higher levels of the pyramid I will bring it low for you this once.

Oh, right. You're the guy that posted the pyramid, then has done nothing but made ad hominem attacks on the intelligence of others. Oh, the irony.

Isn't that the level you are currently at ad hominem? Nice that means i'm winning since you didn't follow up with anything after.

Winning?

This is some sort of game to you?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5724  (isolation #259)  » Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:50 pm

In post 5718, Fluminator wrote:Voter turnout was around 50%, and less than half of them voted for Trump.

Actually a little more than half voted for Clinton.

If we're going to keep the Electoral College, can we at least give CA, OR, & WA more electors?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5811  (isolation #260)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:14 am

In post 5737, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 5719, chamber wrote:Trump has empowered them. He gives legitimacy to their voice. Obama did the same, the difference is that the US needed to move in the direction Obama's election gave credence to.

I highly disagree.

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4568475-155/ ... an-and-now
The following message (with my strategic sanitizing) was discovered at Utah Valley University on Thursday morning. It was taped on the walls of several restrooms, on the door of the history department, as well as that of a faculty member:

"Donald Trump won! Now all you liberal pus---- better shut the f... up with your Muslim rights, gay rights, illegal immigration rights, & all that other bulls...!

"America's economy will now finally be booming again and the world will tremble at the thought of facing America's military! If you liberal a..holes don't like it, do America a huge favor and get the f... out and go join some socialist paradise that you bast---- idolize so g..damn much."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5813  (isolation #261)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:15 am

In post 5727, T S O wrote:
In post 5641, Kublai Khan wrote:Wow. 0 for 2. You should really stop getting your news from wherever you're getting your news.
I just started looking at the thread, but you linked me a fucking WaPo article. Arguably the most cancerous journalistic site in the world bar HuffPo and Slate. Maybe you should stop continually reading liberal circle jerks, and question why your candidate got slaughtered in the electoral college.

You don't like the news, so you blame the journalists reporting the reality. Nice.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5819  (isolation #262)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:27 am

In post 5812, Korts wrote:Since always?

Korts.. Why are you arguing with an obvious racist troll? Report it and let the mods deal with it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5830  (isolation #263)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:53 am

Stop, Korts. He's gone now.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5833  (isolation #264)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:24 am

In post 5831, Korts wrote:Shame :(

It's okay. I changed my sig for you.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5836  (isolation #265)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:50 am

In post 5835, 2 Chainz wrote:Trump's clearly who I’m not fuckin’ with, you dig what I’m sayin’? You know who I’m not fuckin’ with. I don’t have to do a bunch of PSAs, though some people may need this from me. But I don’t agree with any violence at none of the rallies, I don’t agree with the separation of Americans, I don’t agree with none of that shit, so to wonder if I do is bullshit. What do you think about it? For me, bruh, I don’t even need that energy. Because what I can tell you is, I don’t give a fuck—when it come down to the comedown, my kids still have to eat. That’s the real trickle-down from Washington down. My kids still have to eat, they still have to go to school. So as Americans, we have to try to protect that.

Ugh. I remember who's alt this is.

You should probably stop too.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5837  (isolation #266)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:23 pm

In post 5599, T S O wrote:Trump was caught off guard because he didn't know who Duke was, and almost immediately disavowed Duke once he did. It is okay for Byrd to renounce the KKK even though he was in it for years, but not okay for Trump to renounce its support after a few hours? Why do you never mention the fact that Trump renounced Duke's support? Because it doesn't suit your narrative.

Hopefully you don't view the Federalist as a "liberal rag"...

http://thefederalist.com/2016/11/11/dea ... s-buy-guns
On the other hand, it’s somewhat understandable: Trump has courted racists throughout his brief political career, he has been inexcusably rude and depraved towards women both now and in the past, and he has invigorated a small but vocal faction of “alt-right” bigot maniacs. So we can sympathize with people who think a Trump presidency might be at least theoretically dangerous for certain demographics.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5838  (isolation #267)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Donald Trump’s transition team is assembling like a super-lobbyist Voltron:
http://qz.com/834333/donald-trumps-tran ... t-voltron/

Where's ABR lately?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5840  (isolation #268)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:36 pm

Thanks for the hateful rantings opinion of a random British dude?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5844  (isolation #269)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:17 pm

In post 5841, Fluminator wrote:I think you can be angry without being hateful.

Yeah, but when one decides to mock it's clearly on the hateful side.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5847  (isolation #270)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 3:58 pm

In post 5846, Shaziro wrote:Actually, neat stuff, they totally came here for the right to persecute.
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/a ... 84/?no-ist

Well, yeah. When Americans say "religion" they mean "Protestantism", even if they don't know what that is.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5853  (isolation #271)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 11:21 pm

In post 5850, T S O wrote:Just think of it, folks. A stacked Supreme Court for thirty years. No more garbage policies like affirmative action. The 2nd Amendment safe. Thugs like BLM dissolved. Illegal immigration eradicated. Identity politics dead. Pepe as the new mascot of America. I just can't wait.

In post 5851, T S O wrote:I fully support a California secession. You can implement your bizarre brand of regressive liberalism, and the cancer won't be able to metastasise any further than your borders, since the wall will be there too.

We're starting to see the face of the people who really hated America all along.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5866  (isolation #272)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:04 am

Today I learned that the words "statistics" and "polls" are interchangeable.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5869  (isolation #273)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:19 am

In post 5868, Shiro wrote:I obviously know a statistic anylisis and a poll aren't the same.

Oh?
In post 5863, Shiro wrote:Statistics gave Trump 1% chance to win the election. Statistics said Brexit isn't happening, Statistics said there is absolutly no way Greece would choose to vote no on the eu support(sure it was ignored and tsipras went and signed anyway as I predicted but that has nothing to do with what the statistics said).

I mean... Statistical analysis of poll numbers isn't really statistics..

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5877  (isolation #274)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:09 pm

In post 5872, T S O wrote:
In post 5870, Shiro wrote:You know what ? Forget it. I am pretty sure the rape surge is because european people decided it is time to start raping and it just so happened to be at the same time that refugee crisis started. Fuck european rape culture.

There is no point arguing with these people. Their heads are firmly up their own asses. It's refreshing to know that people like KK and Davsto are the fringe left; no-one agrees with them, and their policies will thankfully never come close to being realised.

Sure, I mean, except for the past 8 years where things have gotten a lot better for me and everyone I know.

I'm glad you finally have your way. Finally white people have a chance to have a say in things. Those pesky uppity darker skinned folks can just disappear into the background. That's when America was last great, right?

Why stop at getting rid of affirmative action? Let's go ahead and bring back Jim Crow laws! Rejoice! Identity politics are dead! If you're white, you're right!

Gosh, it was scary when those demon-rats were making you share a bit of power, wasn't it? Buy more guns!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5888  (isolation #275)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:52 pm

In post 5887, chamber wrote:Just a reminder for everyone, TSO isn't American, even though he talks like it.

Fuck. I keep forgetting that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5898  (isolation #276)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:12 pm

In post 5892, Shiro wrote:
In post 5878, xRECKONERx wrote:went out to a show last night, felt safe. during the show the singer told everyone this was where you could be you and be safe and it was beautiful and i cried a little bit.

then went to a bar afterwards where Grimm and I were openly mocked for being gay. I've never had my husband grab my arm and say "can we please go? I'm terrified right now" so that's cool

Donald Trump's America!!

See, this is horrible and the thing is, I don't believe Trump is the one supporting this kind of behaviour either. It is fucked up and just a fraction of people that think this is the case based on how the media has portrayed him to look and I am very hopeful that it will start dying down when he does become president and no anti-lgbtq laws starts passing left and right.

Well, that's sort of what people meant when they were talking about Trump's irresponsible rhetoric.

When Trump makes a speech about how "we're" going to take America back from "them", people fill in the blanks.

The same people who harbor the thought that "black people are mostly criminals", but are frustrated because they can't say it because then they will be labeled as a "racist", are now rejoicing because the people who held them accountable for their racism lost power.

Same with the anti-gay folk, the anti-muslims, the anti-hispanics, etc.

A segment of this country is literally rejoicing because they can be openly hateful again. Which is what they understood as Trump's message because Trump was courting that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5904  (isolation #277)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:29 pm

In post 5899, Shiro wrote:That maybe so but this climate will not stand for that long when they realise that isn't the case at all.

When will that be?

In post 5899, Shiro wrote:There is a huge difference between being anti-immigration and anti illegal immigrants.

Legally, sure. And Obama has been deporting illegals at record numbers.

But hispanics (legal or otherwise) are still around, which is a source of anger and outrage and racism.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5919  (isolation #278)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:10 pm

In post 5918, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The illegals are scared.

You better double-check your own status.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5921  (isolation #279)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:25 pm

In post 5920, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Trump going to stop supporting Syrian rebels. What a great time to be alive.

How great is your life that that is your greatest concern?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5925  (isolation #280)  » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:37 pm

In post 5922, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Nobody likes posts like that KK.

I'm kinda serious though. Is the Syrian crisis something you keeps you preoccupied on a day-to-day basis?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5937  (isolation #281)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:27 pm

Why are you arguing with Garmr? He's not discussing things in good faith, he just wants to "win" the argument and will say any silly thing to frustrate you.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5942  (isolation #282)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 5:02 pm

In post 5940, Titus wrote:
In post 5937, Kublai Khan wrote:Why are you arguing with Garmr? He's not discussing things in good faith, he just wants to "win" the argument and will say any silly thing to frustrate you.
Beliefs like this are why trump won.

In post 5677, Garmr wrote:
In post 5666, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5653, Garmr wrote:
In post 5650, Kublai Khan wrote:

Isn't that the level you are currently at ad hominem? Nice that means i'm winning since you didn't follow up with anything after.

Winning?

This is some sort of game to you?

yes.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5954  (isolation #283)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 pm

In post 5952, Garmr wrote:It's only a game when someone can't refer to anything more intelligent than "kkk"

No, I brought up tons of shit that's gone unanswered. The one time I bring up the fact that the KKK is celebrating Trump's election, you try to bring up Robert Byrd and got shut the fuck down.

Since then you've been doing nothing but whiny swipes at my intelligence.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5958  (isolation #284)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:34 pm

In post 5957, Garmr wrote:
In post 5954, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5952, Garmr wrote:It's only a game when someone can't refer to anything more intelligent than "kkk"

No, I brought up tons of shit that's gone unanswered. The one time I bring up the fact that the KKK is celebrating Trump's election, you try to bring up Robert Byrd and got shut the fuck down.

Since then you've been doing nothing but whiny swipes at my intelligence.

Are you that thick you missed my argument? My intention was never to say Hillary was a kkk supporter because she's with Robert Bryce but it's stupid to use guilt by association and was using that as a example to bring to light how stupid it was.

So you just got shut the fuck down.

I insulted your intelligence because you can't get the premise of what I was arguing at the time and used lowball fallacies like guilt by association.

Huh. Maybe I am dumb. Let's check the tape...

Spoiler:
In post 5441, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5438, ArcAngel9 wrote:Donald Won. Is this is a good news or bad?

Well, the KKK is celebrating. :?

First thing about the KKK is a tongue-in-cheek answer (note the smiley) about whether Trump's victory is good or bad.

Your response:
In post 5499, Garmr wrote:Hillary Clinton has ties to Robert Byrd a kkk recruiter while the kkk leader just liked trump. Pretty funny how the one you bash is the one who doesn't converse with them.

Which is basically a grade school "Nuh-uh, your candidate is worse!"

I respond:
In post 5559, Kublai Khan wrote:Wow. Republicans are still repeating that bold-faced lie and expect to be taken seriously.

Byrd left the Klan in 1952 and has spent decades trying to undo the damage he did. Whereas the Trump re-tweeted and played dumb when asked about CURRENT KKK leader David Duke.

So yes, Trump is currently the candidate supported by the KKK. You have at least one thing in common with white supremacists. Feel good about that?

Then you pretty much just attack my intelligence over and over.
In post 5561, Garmr wrote:anyway to sleep

@kublai khan offer something intelligent other than bad group supports x so x must be bad.

So our one exchange is me saying something flippant. You being massively wrong. I point out that you're wrong. You start calling me dumb over and over and accusing me of ad hom.

I'm angry because I think the next 4 years are going to be really horrible for me and people I love because I live in the US. What the fuck is your excuse?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #5964  (isolation #285)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:36 pm

In post 5919, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 5918, Albert B. Rampage wrote:The illegals are scared.

You better double-check your own status.

Noticed that this image didn't post.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6085  (isolation #286)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:55 pm

In post 6061, T S O wrote:
In post 5877, Kublai Khan wrote:Finally white people have a chance to have a say in things.

Whoah, hold it right there. White people having a say in things? Someone caring about white people at all? That person must be a racist! How could they possibly think caring about white people's issues, even slightly, would be allowed?

Yes, I feel the truth in your sarcasm. Every time a non-white person takes a turn speaking, they are briefly depriving a white person of their voice. This is an atrocity and needs to end. Why should it be racist to ask that white people simply have more opportunity and more power than non-whites? We don't have a history of abusing that sort of setup at all. Every time a white people is silenced, there should be repercussions.

In post 6061, T S O wrote:
In post 5877, Kublai Khan wrote:Why stop at getting rid of affirmative action? Let's go ahead and bring back Jim Crow laws! Rejoice! Identity politics are dead! If you're white, you're right!

Well, clearly if you don't support affirmative action then you want to go back hundreds of years. That's it, it's a dichotomy and there's no middle ground. If you do not support affirmative action you actively hate black people and wish they were all dead. I'm glad that someone has finally explained this concept to me. Are these the insights I've missed by not reading the WaPo?

WaPo? Oh right, I linked to it once and didn't call it toilet paper. So that must mean I read it all the time. I'm starting to understand your logic.

Please, don't let me distract you. Let me let you get back to your lesson about why both Affirmation Action laws and Jim Crows laws are both bad. Go ahead.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6090  (isolation #287)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:06 pm

I've been cringing at every appointment consideration.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6093  (isolation #288)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:22 pm

In post 5933, Davsto wrote:
In post 5930, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:Probably the best opinion video I have watched regarding the election/results so far:

can we have a drinking game for this video being linked

Especially strange since it's not even serious..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Pie
Jonathan Pie is a satirical news reporter character created and played by British actor and comedian Tom Walker[1]. He is known for his outtake-like rants of a conflicted reporter speaking his mind about the state of UK politics.[2][3][4] He moved into international coverage after the 2016 US elections, where Pie's report video on Trump's win went viral[5] to become a YouTube trending video. Conversely, some media, including PJ Media did not recognise he was a satire character, and his report was commentated on as a professional "British lefty reporter".[6]

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6168  (isolation #289)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:09 pm

In post 6154, pisskop wrote:both in showing the assended nature of regressives

Yes, nothing like petty name-calling to prove your superiority to others.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6169  (isolation #290)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:14 pm

In post 6149, T S O wrote:"KANYE SAID HE SUPPORTED TRUMP FUCKING UNCLE TOM QUICK QUICK GET HIM OUT OF THE HIVEMIND BEFORE HE CORRUPS THE YOUTH ALL HIS ALBUMS WERE GARBAGE" - Twitter right now.

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/11/i-voted ... -meltdown/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6184  (isolation #291)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:40 pm

In post 6170, pisskop wrote:yes. i will name call. because while i didnt like trump as a person and i dispised hillary i didnt have a tantrum and ididnt resort to using social shaming to get my way. and if you did have how can you call yourself an adult

Wait.. We can't social-shame people? You purposefully for someone who is a failed businessman, a documented liar, and an unashamed misogynist. Someone who pals around with racists and is actively scapegoating minorities. The few moments he makes conciliatory gestures, it's treated as a rare major news item.

I guess I should apologize to you for being upset at your terrible choice? Is that what you're actually expecting?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6187  (isolation #292)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:49 pm

In post 6185, pisskop wrote:Youre supposed to be grown up enough to accept that he beat her, fairly under our own laws, and perhaps the conduct of the whole country led to this.

While people were out getting equality for pumpkins he was promising to help the common man.

Equality for pumpkins....? I'm not sure what you mean by that.

Part of me is suspecting that you are describing any number of groups needing more equality as a non-human entity and I really don't want to think you are that kind of person.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6245  (isolation #293)  » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:34 pm

In post 6243, pisskop wrote:iirc tolls do a good job at nickel and diming the working man

Yup.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6247  (isolation #294)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:24 am

In post 6246, pisskop wrote:do you support the privatization of public roadways?

Uh, no. That's a ridiculous idea.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6252  (isolation #295)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:58 am

In post 6249, karnos wrote:The mainstream media lies.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6255  (isolation #296)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:05 am

In post 6254, karnos wrote:Lies, all lies. None of this is doctored other than highlighting.

How the hell can anyone say the mainstream media doesn't lie?

So you don't understand that editorials and twitter aren't considered "mainstream media news"? Ok.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6266  (isolation #297)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:16 am

In post 6265, pisskop wrote:and i really do find it cute that editorials endorsed by these media outlits donr qualify as 'mainsteam media'. thats like saying a column in a newapaper doesnt reflect upon its host

Are you not aware that the editorial department is completely separate from the news department in any newspaper? (Or at least should be)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6270  (isolation #298)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:45 am

In post 6267, pisskop wrote:that means nothing to the people reading a paper or website with the words 'CNN' enblazened upon it.

by 'association' is facetious because its quite literally the same company

Okay first CNN is not a newspaper...

Second, it means a lot! A news article from something like the New York Times is a completely neutral article reporting the news. Their editorial page may later put a spin on that news, but they do not influence how or what gets reported.

Which means that the actual news part of the mainstream media is actually trustworthy and the editorial part is take-it-or-leave-it.

Do you only read news where the author is insulting Hillary in the article and assume that "liberal media" does the same thing?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6276  (isolation #299)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:42 am

In post 6273, pisskop wrote:are you claiming that the major news networks do not have and push a bias KK?

Have? Yes. There is going to be a subconcious-level of bias everywhere. Push? No. Whenever they do step out of bounds they get called out and lose their job. When was the last time a right-wing newsperson lost their job over integrity issues?

When was the last time you watched news outside your bubble?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6278  (isolation #300)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 10:58 am

So you don't ever step outside your news bubble?

Don't you think you should start? I mean, your assessment of both candidates was wicked wrong.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6285  (isolation #301)  » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:40 pm

In post 6279, pisskop wrote:bye. why dont you first ascertain where i get my news before you try to brute your way past me.

Oh shit. My bad. I mistook one of karnos' posts for one of yours. Sorry about that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6361  (isolation #302)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:45 pm

In post 6359, karnos wrote:There is no evidence of anything of the sort, it's just normal business transactions.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6362  (isolation #303)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:22 pm

Wait. I just realized that none of the pro-Trump guys are going to get that reference.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6394  (isolation #304)  » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:41 pm

In post 6390, Aeronaut wrote:@Trump people

I know you are all obviously rock-hard emotionless badasses, but how do you feel now that your candidate has bitched and moaned on social media for two nights in a row about the cast of hamilton politely disagreeing with his political views and SNL poking fun at him which is literally their job. I thought words don't matter?

It sounds like Donald Trump is #Triggered?

At worst, he's a thin-skinned bitch.
At best, he's slimily distracting from the Trump University settlement.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6397  (isolation #305)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:33 am

In post 6396, Shaziro wrote:Well politicians never really go so far as to suggest a solution like therapy. Just vague mentioning of "our country's mental health problem"

IIRC Trump made a vague campaign promise to "look into reforming mental health".

yeah.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6418  (isolation #306)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:10 am

@karnos - Why do people's opinions of Hillary affect your opinion of Trump? What's the relationship?

Every time someone says "this Trump thing is bad", you chime in with "this Hillary thing is worse, therefore you shouldn't care!" as if it's a legitimate argument. As if the election is still going on. The election is over. Let it go.

It is bad that foreign diplomats are choosing Trump's Hotel and sitting in on sales pitches for Trump stuff to try to curry favor.
It is VERY bad that Trump is seemingly unable to setup or maintain a blind trust. If you need an explanation let me know.
Trump's dealings with Bondi were very corrupt and him giving her more power is EXTREMELY more disturbing then if he had cut her loose.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6419  (isolation #307)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 10:11 am

In post 6414, karnos wrote:Yes, that is how business works. Lucky for Trump, running a business in the USA isn't illegal.

Doing it while being president is insanely unethical.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6434  (isolation #308)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:05 am

In post 6425, karnos wrote:
In post 6418, Kublai Khan wrote:@karnos - Why do people's opinions of Hillary affect your opinion of Trump? What's the relationship?

Every time someone says "this Trump thing is bad", you chime in with "this Hillary thing is worse, therefore you shouldn't care!" as if it's a legitimate argument. As if the election is still going on. The election is over. Let it go.

It is bad that foreign diplomats are choosing Trump's Hotel and sitting in on sales pitches for Trump stuff to try to curry favor.
It is VERY bad that Trump is seemingly unable to setup or maintain a blind trust. If you need an explanation let me know.
Trump's dealings with Bondi were very corrupt and him giving her more power is EXTREMELY more disturbing then if he had cut her loose.

I repeat, there is no alternative.

If Trump barred foreigners from staying at his hotel somehow, the MSM would make him out to be a monster.

"RACIST TRUMP BANS LAWFUL MUSLIM DIPLOMATS FROM STAYING IN HOTEL!"

Stop attacking imagined attacks.

Are you not bothered at all that Trump hasn't setup a blind trust for his business affairs while he prepares to assumes public office?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6436  (isolation #309)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:10 am

In post 6435, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6422, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6420, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6419, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 6414, karnos wrote:Yes, that is how business works. Lucky for Trump, running a business in the USA isn't illegal.
Our government would implode if voters demanded ethical behavior from politicians.
We demand far more ethical behavior of politicians than we do of other elites.
Aw, you're cute.

You don't? Why not?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6440  (isolation #310)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:15 am

In post 6439, karnos wrote:
In post 6434, Kublai Khan wrote:Are you not bothered at all that Trump hasn't setup a blind trust for his business affairs while he prepares to assumes public office?
Sorry, something that hasn't happened yet doesn't bother me much at all.
Do you know what a blind trust is and why it's important?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6447  (isolation #311)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:26 am

In post 6442, karnos wrote:
In post 6440, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 6434, Kublai Khan wrote:Are you not bothered at all that Trump hasn't setup a blind trust for his business affairs while he prepares to assumes public office?
Sorry, something that hasn't happened yet doesn't bother me.

Wow. I hadn't considered that at all. It's such a freeing philosophy.

Could you post all your credit card information here? Until someone actually uses that information to empty your accounts, it shouldn't bother you to do so.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6450  (isolation #312)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:34 am

In post 6448, karnos wrote:
In post 6447, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 6442, karnos wrote:
In post 6440, Kublai Khan wrote:
Sorry, something that hasn't happened yet doesn't bother me.
Could you post all your credit card information here? Until someone actually uses that information to empty your accounts, it shouldn't bother you to do so.
Sure. My credit card number is 9. The expiration date is 2/31/90210. My billing zipcode is 99999.
Huh. Your joking response indicates that you are capable of being bothered by potential outcomes to action (or inaction).

So you really aren't going to care about the warning signs? Trump doesn't release his tax info, he wants to maintain control over his business interests while he's in office, but you're not concerned at all that he plans on using the power of the Presidency to personally increase his wealth? Or is it that you think that you'll also benefit somehow?

Please answer it genuinely. If your answer involves that the "mainstream media" thinks, then be advised that I don't care.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6461  (isolation #313)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:44 am

In post 6452, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6436, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 6435, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6422, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6420, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6419, Kublai Khan wrote:
Our government would implode if voters demanded ethical behavior from politicians.
We demand far more ethical behavior of politicians than we do of other elites.
Aw, you're cute.
You don't? Why not?
When did lying become ethical? Don't really see politicians getting ousted for being lying sacks of shit, so I guess it's ethical to lie since we demand politicians be all ethical and shit.

When was slander made ethical? Campaigns are founded largely on smear with the intent to vilify the opponent, but it works and we elect them so it must be ethical right?

Taking laws that can't be passed and adding them on as riders to another bill... totally ethical shit there, right?
But the question was... why YOU don't demand ethical behavior from politicians?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6466  (isolation #314)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 11:57 am

In post 6462, TwiszTed wrote:
In post 6461, Kublai Khan wrote:But the question was... why YOU don't demand ethical behavior from politicians?
Oh so you just wanted to troll me.

I thought you were above that. My bad.
???

I'm not trolling, I'm asking for your personal opinion and view of things. Ever since you started posting here you're only seemed to offer a really jaded attitude towards everything political, yet you keep up on what's happened and are engaged. You're like someone that hates celebrity culture, but reads TMZ constantly.

I suspect that you're not as cynical as you seem and I guess I'm asking about that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6475  (isolation #315)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:21 pm

In post 6467, karnos wrote:Genuine answer: you make a fucking terrible analogy.

Insofar as Trump's usage of a blind trust (or not), it doesn't directly effect me. Even if it did directly affect me, talking about it beforehand isn't going to stop it from happening, or make it happen if otherwise wouldn't.

If Jan 21st comes along and Trump is still running his own company, feel free to whine and complain about that fact. At that point you will actually be complaining about something that has actually occurred, and while I'm sure you will give me plenty of reasons to disagree with you at least I won't be able to say you are complaining about something that hasn't happened.

But the point of a blind trust is to avoid the appearance of having a conflict of interest. This is especially problematic since Trump has international business interests and debts to foreign banks. If Trump was serious about wanting to make the country great (and not himself personally) then he would have planned for these things early.

I'm bothered by it because this is the foundation of his Presidency. You're asking me to wait until the rest of the building is put up before complaining about the crumbling foundation. By then the problem is much worse and less fixable.

I want to be wrong about Trump. I want to believe his promises of getting rid of lobbyist influences on government. But if the President himself is lobbying for himself then it's worse than having a generic Democrat in office. It's like George W. Bush and Dick Cheney and Condoleezza Rice starting wars with oil countries while having massive oil business and money waiting for them when they are done with public office.

You imagined all sorts of scenarios where Hillary is adjusting federal policy based on charitable contributions. Is it really impossible to imagine Trump adjusting federal policies to make sure that he himself benefits (especially since he knows exactly what his money is invested in)?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6482  (isolation #316)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm

I have never seen a person so aggressively unbothered by things.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6483  (isolation #317)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:48 pm

He might ramp up to being violently nonchalant if this keeps up.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6484  (isolation #318)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:49 pm

In post 6478, TwiszTed wrote:I approach politics the same way I approach people, because politics are people.

Hope for the best; expect the worst.

Fair enough. I'm not see much hope though.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6486  (isolation #319)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:58 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6492  (isolation #320)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:21 pm

In post 6488, karnos wrote:Right now if you are an irresponsible idiot, you can have as many kids as you want and do okay. You or your wife stays home and watches them, you get more government benefits for each kid you have, and with low income you get all kinds of programs to get you free food, care, etc and you are set.

Wanna know how I know you've never been poor and on government assistance?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6494  (isolation #321)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:36 pm

In post 6493, pisskop wrote:
In post 6367, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6365, karnos wrote:From what I gather in the article, these diplomats would be staying at a nice expensive hotel regardless.

And of all the hotels they could have stayed at, they stayed in a Trump-owned hotel, received gifts paid for by the Trump business, and listened to a sales pitch about a Trump hotel project.

Just going to injeccct myself here and say its a damned if you do and dont situation for him. People would shit on him either way.

Or maybe opening a Trump hotel in Washington DC while he's running for Presidency, then refuse to turn over the business to a blind trust to avoid the appearance of impropriety was an insane stupid idea and it opens him up to just a deluge of constant criticisms and accusations of corruption.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6516  (isolation #322)  » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:16 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6523  (isolation #323)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:05 am

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/21/busin ... fight.html

Yeah. He's pretty much using the election win in petty ways to try to make more money. He's become the lobbyist-in-chief.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6527  (isolation #324)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:40 am

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6528  (isolation #325)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:46 am

http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking ... y-clinton/

Shit, did we start a scoreboard of failed campaign promises? Is it too late now or have there been too many already?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6529  (isolation #326)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 10:52 am

In post 6528, Kublai Khan wrote:http://www.mediaite.com/online/breaking-donald-trump-will-not-pursue-investigations-into-hillary-clinton/

Shit, did we start a scoreboard of failed campaign promises? Is it too late now or have there been too many already?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6535  (isolation #327)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:21 am

In post 6534, karnos wrote:
In post 6531, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6524, karnos wrote:
Hilarious.
Right? Good thing Trump isn't appointing any white nationalists to his White House staff.
Because the worst thing about Hitler was his salute, not the killing of Jews, world war 2, or any of that other stuff...

I think it might be the fact that he got a bunch of other people to do that stuff. Not that he did it himself.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6542  (isolation #328)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:30 am

In post 6539, karnos wrote:
In post 6537, theplague42 wrote:
In post 6534, karnos wrote:Because the worst thing about Hitler was his salute, not the killing of Jews, world war 2, or any of that other stuff...

And to think it all started with a registry for Jews.

No, it started with taking their guns away.

After stopping them and frisking them? Under the guise of "law and order"?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6543  (isolation #329)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:31 am

In post 6540, karnos wrote:
In post 6538, theplague42 wrote:Do you think Steve Bannon is a white nationalist?
Define the term.

He is white, and he is pro-america, I guess that makes him a nationalist. I know the term is used in a derogatory way, but I'll need you to define it to understand what *you* think it means.

Holy shit. Really?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6551  (isolation #330)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:08 pm

[quote="In post 6549, karnos]“When two-thirds or three-quarters of the C.E.O.s in Silicon Valley are from South Asia or from Asia, I think …,” he said, trailing off midsentence before continuing a moment later, “a country is more than an economy. We’re a civic society.”

What, what horrible hate speech!

Sorry, I don't see whats wrong with what he said. Is it a lie? I don't have the statistics, is it not accurate that ~66% of Silicon Valley CEOs are from Asian countries? Is there a problem with pointing out that fact?[/quote]
Well, it's not accurate at all, if that helps. It's at 27%. Which is apparently such a high number that Bannon is worried about "too many Asians".

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/ ... inaccurate

Nobody seems to have a problem when propagandists complain about the number of blacks killed, or the number of women in positions of power, so why is this statement about Asians "racist" or whatever?

Well, usually it's because too many black people are killed and too little women have power (both proportional to the public). Bannon is one of the very few that is complaining that there are too many minorities in power.

I really can't understand why you're defending a neo-nazi.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6558  (isolation #331)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:19 pm

In post 6553, karnos wrote:
In post 6551, Kublai Khan wrote:Well, it's not accurate at all, if that helps. It's at 27%. Which is apparently such a high number that Bannon is worried about "too many Asians".

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/11/ ... inaccurate
Alright, not going to bother reading that article as it is blatantly lying in the first line.

Bannon said "CEOs", while the article talks about "employees".

It's in the 3rd paragraph. And actually I had misread the first time. It's actually 14 percent.

In post 6553, karnos wrote:
In post 6551, Kublai Khan wrote:Well, usually it's because too many black people are killed and too little women have power (both proportional to the public). Bannon is one of the very few that is complaining that there are too many minorities in power.

I really can't understand why you're defending a neo-nazi.
Maybe he is concerned that it's *all* asians, and there aren't enough Black, Italian, or Russian CEOs. Who knows? These articles are written with the absolute minimal level of facts and real data and just go off into opinionated assumptions immediately. Not really good journalism.

Maybe go back and read instead? They actually list and cite their sources.

Again, why are you assuming the best of Steve Bannon? Do you just hate liberals so much that you assume everything they say is an outright lie?
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6570  (isolation #332)  » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:51 pm

In post 6569, SleepyKrew wrote:are yall still engaging with karnos

We're giving him opportunities to not be on the side that destroys America.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6593  (isolation #333)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:01 am

Trump is doing a 540 on climate change.

Good, but he's still super against environmental regulations. So, bad.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6600  (isolation #334)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:23 am

In post 6595, Aristophanes wrote:Yeah, I've seen posts saying he "totally changed his view!" Which is sensationalized. From what I can see, he merely acknowledged that we might be the problem, nothing more.

Which is a drastic change from calling it a complete hoax.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6612  (isolation #335)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:43 am

I like how karnos doesn't understand any of the basic principles of how science works.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6614  (isolation #336)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:02 pm

In post 6613, theplague42 wrote:"Climate scientists are corrupt because they need money." but I'm sure those oil and gas corporations aren't corrupt at all.

Forget it plague. He cherry-picked quotes from the 1970s. He found the environmental kryptonite. Pointing out that Al Gore made money off a documentary and investments is the absolute proof that anyone needs that all environmentalists are simply trying to con money from only working-class Americans. Probably with socialism or something. I dunno, the details get vague but it doesn't matter.

What matters is that some environmentalists were wrong once with their 1970s computer models of global climate patterns. Hell, they said that there was a limit to how much oil there is on the planet, so they are likely wrong about that too. Humans are obviously so few and have so little impact on a system as big as the Earth that there's no possible consequence to what we are currently doing. Let's just keep drilling and burning hydrocarbons. And let's get rid of all those scrubbers and anti-dumping regulations and let's REALLY make some environmentalist-level money.

And someone shut up those Native Americans. They lost, so they are losers and we should get to do whatever we want on their property.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6618  (isolation #337)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 pm

In post 6617, karnos wrote:But when you want to take tax dollars from me and everyone else to pay for that scheme, I draw the line. Fuck no.

http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/05/ ... the-money/

tl;dr - Climate change scientists get much, much, much more money if they work for oil companies that are trying to deny climate change exists.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6621  (isolation #338)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:13 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... e-research

This is scary. Look at what actual scientists say versus what idiot Trump people say.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6634  (isolation #339)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:22 pm

In post 6626, karnos wrote:So you are saying everyting is fine then? We don't need to change anything?

Because I thought the narrative argument was that we needed to do a lot more about global warming, which translates into "a hella more money". So you can't use current figures.

If we are good as it is, then what are we even talking about this for?

No, everything is not fine. This whole way of living that we have isn't sustainable forever. There really isn't debate about that.

The main debate is about how much change needs to happen and when it needs to happen by. Some people are happy just punting the problem to the next generation because they don't want to be inconvenienced now. And the counter-argument is that delayed action now means the problem is much larger in the future.

Good solutions are to put money into R&Ding technological solutions. More efficient energy processing techniques that minimize or recycle waste. Bad solutions are to re-brand coal processing as "clean coal" so coal companies can make a ton of money.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6649  (isolation #340)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:13 pm

In post 6648, karnos wrote:Sounds like a pretty sweet place to live. Millions of people starving to death, and the government could fix the problem, but instead they choose not to because some liberal scientists told them it would be bad.

I suppose it's not worth taking the time to google something like "pollution in India"?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6651  (isolation #341)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:17 pm

In post 6648, karnos wrote:I quote myself:
In post 6640, karnos wrote:
Every person needs food, shelter, energy for climate control, information, transport to/from work. The average resources used per person can be reduced, but ultimately there is a hard limit of what is needed to survive.

This is still true. Apparently India's solution is to ignore the minimum levels necessary for life and let a huge swath of it's population live in abject poverty.

Truly a great model for the rest of the world. If Clinton was elected, we could have had poverty and starvation like that here in the United States.

Oh, you left off "air" as being one of those things necessary for survival. Which is a shame since "outdoor air" was the fifth largest cause of death in India in 2010. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_pollu ... _pollution

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6655  (isolation #342)  » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:48 pm

In post 6650, karnos wrote:Pretty much every piece of BS you have put out has been wrong, so yeah, it would be too much effort.

But if you want to pretend "you won", feel free, I'm not going to be posting much over the holidays, this is just a work-day distraction for me. Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Yeah. You post that it's a huge scam so that the climate change people can make money. I give evidence that they don't make money. You dismiss it as BS and irrelevant. Fun.

And I don't post to "win".. What kind of psychopath does that?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6665  (isolation #343)  » Thu Nov 24, 2016 1:34 am

In post 6661, theplague42 wrote:Pack it up, guys. reddit's CEO just admitted to editing r/the_donald comments. /u/spez just dumped a tanker of gasoline on the conspiracy fires.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SubredditDrama ... ting_t_ds/

Apparently he got tired of being spammed with pedophile claims.

That's something that seems really important... to redditors.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6684  (isolation #344)  » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:50 am

I saw my first anti-Trump bumper stickers today.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6699  (isolation #345)  » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:52 pm

"do your own research" = "only look at unabashedly right-wing news sites which break every rule of ethics in journalism." Then all the other misinformation flows from there. So educated with false facts and conspiracy theories. It feels so true, doesn't it. You know what he really meant while those meaning super-liberals were just repeating his words verbatim.

Yeah, yeah. We get it. You've brought nothing new to the conversation by replying to a months-old reply to a now-banned user.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6713  (isolation #346)  » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:01 pm

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:I don't want a bunch of refugees coming to america and killing 50 gay people at a night club I don't want that ever. I hear it all the time. I'm xenophobic I should give them a chance. I'm an Islamophobe. I dislike Islam as I do all religion. Islam is the only one that demands that this is the final religion. It tells children to kill jews, christians, hindus, that homosexuals should be stoned like they are in Iran. I find that deeply offensive. They believe almost all of them in the middle east that 9/11 was a moral attack. I don't want those people here. People that follow the Hadith. That is my personal belief. As for Trump I am sad that he backpeddled on a blanket ban on Muslims, but he wasn't calling for a perma ban on muslims he was worried about the number of refugees being to high and about ISIS saying they wanted to smuggle in terrorists.

So you have a digital view that an average person can be in 1 of 2 categories. Either they are a non-muslim or they are a fanatical extremist bent on the destruction of America. What if I told you that there was a wide analog spectrum of people living in muslim countries? Many of them hate their own leaders and and just trying to care for their families and get by day-to-day. Extremists in exist in every religion and they'll find whatever text they need to justify whatever psychotic think that they have planned. People with destroyed lives are coming to you with out-stretched hands and you're slamming the door in their face and telling them that it's because you're scared.

Trump's plan to treat them like terrorists (at worst) and parolees (at best) is going to cause more long-term problems because more muslims are going to believe the anti-America propaganda their leaders. The problem of terrorism isn't solved by jackbooted displays of oppressive force.

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:I don't believe you when you say that he called most Mexicans rapists. I do not think he ever uttered those words at all: "Most mexicans are rapists". In fact I know that that isn't what he meant. The problem with illegals is their status of illegality. The fact that their employers can pay them less and drive down wages for everyone, and not worry about their safety or health. A large population of a country or area with illegals is not good for anybody especially illegals themselves.

No. You're not a part of Trump's campaign or transition teams. You've never spoken to Trump. You don't get to decide what he actually means. That's part of the problem. He equated Mexicans with rape, with drugs, with crime, with murder, and with infectious disease. Numerous times. (https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/rea ... nald-trump) Trump tapped into an ugly xenophobic streak to get attention and it worked.

And could you quote me something where he was going to go after companies that hired illegal immigrants? I mean, just because he himself has hired illegal imigrants in his companies doesn't mean that he won't hold other employers responsible for causing the problem, right?

But I'm glad to hear that you are a fan of regulations on safety and health, because Trump isn't. He's been adamant about repealing "regulations". And incredibly vague plan. Since it's not very specific, what's to stop government from repealing 2 safety regulations to make way for something else.

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:Trump is great on the healthcare issue. He never said he would do away with universal healthcare. Trump said he would get rid of obama care especially the tedious 20,000 page regulations that comes with obama care.

Okay. Can you explain to me his system of universal unregulated healthcare?

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:Trump has supported legal unions since 2000, has supported including lgbtq status in the civil rights act, and would have no problem assigning lgbt people to his cabinet. What got me the most was that in his RNC acceptance speech everybody applauded when he swore to support the rights and saety of lgbt. His VP acted to prevent legal discrimination against homosexuals. He acted to support the rights of all his consituents he was duty bound and placed that duty above everything else including a belief he held very close to his heart.

And Pence only acted to prevent legal discrimination against LGBTs after recieving substantial business pressure to do so. Otherwise Pence has been very consistently hostile towards the LGBT community.

I agree that Trump is pretty pro-LGBT in the past. But that's not an issue he campaigned passionately about. If Trump were put in a position to either make money or protect LGBT rights, then I don't get the impression that he'll make a "duty bound choice to protect all the constituents".

In post 6695, Political Clout wrote:I think you are a victim of the media glork. How they portrayed Trump. Instead of doing your own research and watching his rallies and fact checking what the media was saying about him.

Ugh. I want to be snarky and mean-spirited here but I'm stopping myself.

Tell me specifically how media is portraying Trump incorrectly. And which media is doing it, with specific examples.

So many times Trumps fans are just incredibly dismissive of any fact that they dislike as being "lies from the liberal media" and this is why there is such an extensive disconnect between the two political sides of the country. They can't actually share information because information sources will be wholly ignored if they fail to... what? What are they doing?

This is the thing you are most sure about, so I expect the most detailed information about.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6717  (isolation #347)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:32 am

In post 6714, Political Clout wrote:Firstly your potrayal of Muslims in these countries while profound is deepley in err. They are followers of a dogmatic religion that tells them to do and commit horrific crimes in the name of Allah. They follow the Hadith the sayings of the prophet which is not much better. The extremists you speak of are worrisome and do exist in every religion. It is only muslim extremists however that are dedicated to wiping out our entire country. And if that is the extreme the so called moderates are no better. They still believe that homosexuality is not okay that women are inferior to men that the infidels should die. I'm okay with Trumps plan. I agree that it isn't solved by displays of force.

People in Tennessee think that homosexuality is not okay, that women are inferior to men, and that infidels should die too. Except maybe they don't use the word infidels, but you get the gist. You can't just pick up a holy book and point to the most violent passages and call it a savage bloodthirsty religion. Well, I mean I guess you can because as an atheist I can pull at least 4 verses from the Bible which say I should be stoned to death for my actions. Literally pummeled with rocks until I'm dead. Does that make Christianity a savage bloodthirsty religion?

I know I can't change your mind on this. I'm just kinda sad that you have a consuming fear that you paint an entire country, an entire people with such a narrow brush. Have you seen the statistics of how unlikely you are to be hurt or killed in a terrorist event?

In post 6714, Political Clout wrote:There is a lot to unpack here. Did he call all Mexicans rapists and criminals? Are we reading the same transcript devoid of context? It is obvious to me that no Trump has done no such thing "most mexcians are rapists" as I said above. I love how only the prefatory clause indicating Mexico and most of the rest of the sentence is ignored and you zoom in on they're rapists. You can take what he said out of context and remove words that don't benefit your world view, but that doesn't mean he said those things verbatim.

Okay, let's deal with the prefatory clause. Trump is alledging that specifically the Mexican government is choosing who gets to cross the border. Mexican people don't decided for themselves if they come to the US. Do you believe this to be true?

I'll get back to the rest of it. But let's start there. Do you think that the Mexican government is selecting who gets to cross the border illegally into the United States? Do you have proof of this?

In post 6714, Political Clout wrote:He is keeping part of obama care forcing insurance companies to cover people with pre existing conditions. He wants to have children covered under their parents until they're 26. Children living with their parents. Most objections were the 20,000 pages or regulations that arrived a week later and not included in the bill in obamacare at all. He never said he would get rid of universal healthcare. To say obamacare can't be improved upon is simply silly. I find it amusing that you say unregulated. Do you not think 20,000 pages of fucking regulations are onerus? That is why a lot of doctors voted for Trump.

The 20,000 pages number that Mitch McConnell tweeted did include the bill. And notices. And reports. And news releases. Basically it's an inflated number that's used to get you riled to hate Democrats. The Medicare Advantage and prescription drug plan that the Republicans were trying to push is just as long (or possibly longer). Length doesn't indicate the quality (or lack thereof) of a law.

But second, why do you have a delusion that laws should be simple? Do you not think that the healthcare industry should be regulated? Do you think that stuff like malpractice and medical fraud aren't things worth trying to prevent?

You don't even know what the regulations are (or even if they are regulations), but you know that you hate them.

In post 6714, Political Clout wrote:Tell you what you tell me what you think the media has said about Trump that you think is not only fair but true. The media colluding with Hillary is another of the reason why I voted for Trump over Hillary. Inviting reporters, anchors, and editors to private parties. CNN Giving Hillary town hall questions. Politico and NYT sending Podesta articles to review before they're published. Placing stories with so called friendly journalists. Letting certain media outlets know when certain stories can be released. Come on, don't try and tell me these people aren't lying to achieve a goal. It's bullshit. Calling Podesta to know what questions CNBC should ask when they interview Trump. I incline to you.

You come to a mafia site with mafia players and this is the best argument you can make? You didn't link me to any news article that is unfairly showing Trump in a negative light or Clinton in a positive one.

Did the Clinton campaign foster positive relationships with the press? Sure. Did the press foster a positive relationship with Democrats to get more access? Of course. Was this arrangement exactly the same with Republicans? Of course it was. The press has always been a beast that politicians can use to get their message out, but that same beast can turn around and viciously take down politicians if they show any sign of corruption.

I'm betting you don't know about Corey Lewandowski. Google him up. Do your research.

Also, can you invest in some commas? Some of your paragraphs are really hard to parse without punctuation.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6721  (isolation #348)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:23 am

Forecast for the next 4 years is very opaque.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6742  (isolation #349)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:05 am

Public service announcement: it's possible to ignore Accountant's by setting him on "Foe".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6753  (isolation #350)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:54 pm

In post 6752, Sesq wrote:Hillary has been very hostile in her policies with Russia, and had claimed to see the world as a chessboard of the US vs. Russia. Trump is trying to befriend Putin and be on good terms with him so we don't go to war.

I see right-wingers have dropped the word "appeasement" from their vocabulary.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6762  (isolation #351)  » Sat Nov 26, 2016 11:34 pm

In post 6758, Political Clout wrote:And no I don't think Trump means that the Mexican government is choosing who can come to America.

DONALD TRUMP'S ACTUAL WORDS: "When Mexico, meaning the Mexican government, sends its people … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I don't think I can have a conversation with you if you're going to deny reality and come up with your own interpretations of events to justify your decisions.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6765  (isolation #352)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:13 am

In post 6764, Political Clout wrote:
In post 6762, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 6758, Political Clout wrote:And no I don't think Trump means that the Mexican government is choosing who can come to America.

DONALD TRUMP'S ACTUAL WORDS: "When Mexico, meaning the Mexican government, sends its people … They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people."

I don't think I can have a conversation with you if you're going to deny reality and come up with your own interpretations of events to justify your decisions.

That's fine with me. But even if he did mean the mexican government was choosing who could come over, so what? The issue remains the same for me i.e. immigration and being willing to bring it to the table and doing something about it. What is your goal in this btw? In saying that Trump not only said those things that is what he meant in his heart. What does it ultimately prove? That he hates mexicans? He's been to Mexico fyi and met Enrique Nieto. I don't understand where you were wanting to go with it nor why you are so angry that I don't buy into it.

Look, I disagree with a lot of what you've said. I think your facts are wrong and your interpretations are misguided because your facts are wrong. But before we can address anything, we have to agree on facts.

I mean, how would you feel if I said stuff like "I believe in her heart that Hillary didn't do anything wrong and the media has been in the bag for Trump."? The first thing you'd tell me was that I was wrong and I don't know what's in Hillary's heart. Well, I'm doing the same to you. You can't sit there and tell me what Trump really meant.

It took 3 exchanges for you to acknowledge that the actual words of the person you're defending are different than the words you think he means. I'm not going to engage in a debate with someone's spin of a politician.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #6773  (isolation #353)  » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:50 am

In post 6766, Political Clout wrote:The difference between what trump said and what Hillary did is not only vast it is totally different or do you disagree? I have already said Trump visited mexico. Trump did not back down from what he had said while there, and looked very good doing it. It shows his acumen for foreign diplomacy. Meanwhile Hillary wants to start ww3 with Russia.

Okay. I can only only really handle all your gishes in small doses.

Let's focus on what Hillary did and what Trump said. Hillary has a record of public service going back 30 years. She's been politically active in a White House that went through an economic boom and she was going to keep the Obama recovery going while making tweaks to improve it. HIllary was stability. Trump is already filling his cabinet with people who want to make drastic changes. And with drastic change comes instability and uncertainty and chaos.

Trumps says that he's a successful businessman. But he has multiple failed businesses. He has a history of stiffing contractors on payments. He makes grandiose promises like "Build a wall!" but once elected even he finally realized what a crazy stupid extravagant plan it was and immediately scaled it back to the disappointment of all his true believer followers. He refused to release his tax records and lied about being under IRS investigation. Now he'll be actively running his business in the White House with the public having no idea what his business interests are exactly. The chance of him changing federal policy to benefit himself financially with disregard as to how it affects the middle and lower class is near 100%. Trumps says we need more jobs in America but his own Trump band products are manufactured overseas. He is so often wrong about the facts he speaks that not even you can accept his words verbatim and instead have to gloss deeper unsaid meaning.

"Trump did not back down when meeting the Mexican President Nieto"? Are you serious? I mean, first off you were not at the meeting, so you, again, don't know how Trump acted. All we knew is what both participants said afterwards. Trump said payment was not discussed and they quickly moved onto other matters. Whereas Nieto said he told Trump the Mexicans will not pay for the wall (and other anti-Trump things likely to try to bolster support for himself domestically). In the end, it was an incredibly spontaneous visit to a foreign leader and Trump had no control over how the Mexican president would address his people about it afterwards. For what gain? Who the fuck knows (including you)? It's just "private business matters". How do you interpret any of that as "not backing down".

Finally, we have your deflecting pivot at the end. "Hillary wants to start WW3". I just.. Fuck.. I really don't have time to delve into the history of Russian-American relations. I invite you to at least wiki it. I don't even really know what misinformation you're basing that assertion on. But I'm sure you prefer the Trump policy of not knowing shit about foreign policy. We get these verbatim unspun Trump words on the subject:
"He's not going into Ukraine, OK, just so you understand. He's not going to go into Ukraine, all right? You can mark it down. You can put it down. You can take it anywhere you want," Trump said in an interview on Sunday with ABC's George Stephanopoulos on "This Week."
"Well, he's already there, isn't he?" Stephanopoulos responded, in a reference to Crimea, which Putin took from Ukraine in early 2014.
Trump said: "OK -- well, he's there in a certain way. But I'm not there. You have Obama there. And frankly, that whole part of the world is a mess under Obama with all the strength that you're talking about and all of the power of NATO and all of this. In the meantime, he's going away. He takes Crimea."

WTF is Trump talking about? What is he saying? Can you really parse any of that in a way that makes Trump sound intelligible? Is Trump's plan not to start WWIII just to ignore any Russian expansionist activity?

He later did try to clear up things, but ultimately it seems to come down to is Trump's insistence that Putin won't do anything. Which makes me nervous because he always sounds like such a fucking mob boss when he dismisses concerns. "Don't worry about it, things are fine. We said very nice things about each other". I don't know how you trust Donnie.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7044  (isolation #354)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:55 pm

In post 7005, Postie wrote:
In post 7001, theplague42 wrote:and the last dude is obviously mentally ill because

A day may come when people stop arbitrarily referring to things that don't cause clinically significant distress or dysfunction as mental illness, but it is not this day.

I don't venture much into the topic of trans because I'm really out of my element. But I've often wondered..

If someone is experiencing distress because they feel at odds with their physiological body, why is surgery to correct the body a better solution than therapy to correct the mind?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7052  (isolation #355)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:23 pm

In post 7045, Shaziro wrote:
In post 7044, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7005, Postie wrote:
In post 7001, theplague42 wrote:and the last dude is obviously mentally ill because

A day may come when people stop arbitrarily referring to things that don't cause clinically significant distress or dysfunction as mental illness, but it is not this day.

I don't venture much into the topic of trans because I'm really out of my element. But I've often wondered..

If someone is experiencing distress because they feel at odds with their physiological body, why is surgery to correct the body a better solution than therapy to correct the mind?

See, I've wondered this too. I've been reluctant to ask because I don't want to suggest somebody's mind is wrong, though, and I -think- that might be part of why? Somebody's mind is more close to their true "self" than the meat car that it drives, right?

Well, yeah. I'm not educated in that field, so I can't suggest anything of the type (maybe I should just summon esurio to the thread). But there are mental illnesses like body dysmorphic disorder where it's centered around trying to 'fix' perceived flaws in the body where none exist.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7054  (isolation #356)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:37 pm

In post 7053, Postie wrote:As far as I'm aware, there's no known way to "correct the mind" of a transgender person through therapy, whereas we know allowing them to transition generally helps.

ok

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7058  (isolation #357)  » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 pm

In post 7057, Zachstralkita wrote:Wait I bet you jump at the chance to make posts like that..

He's pretty much a seagull.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7218  (isolation #358)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:16 pm

In post 7211, theplague42 wrote:Yeah I don't really get the hype over Trump's tweet. The loss of citizenship thing is extreme, but lots of people have been arguing about punishments for flag burning for awhile.

Yeah, but it's a non-starter. It's a pointless inflammatory thing to say and gets all the talking heads a-twittering about it for a two cycle. Is he taking advantage of this disruption in the news cycle to do something under the radar?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7242  (isolation #359)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:00 pm

In post 7137, Political Clout wrote:Firstly Hillary is not owed anything.

To borrow a phrase from Reck: Show me on the doll where anybody said that Hillary is owed the Presidency.

Seriously. Have you ever tried to discuss politics with someone and they go off on rants attacking things and people and ideas and events that have nothing to do with what you're trying to discuss? You're that guy. Just full of windmill tilting and strawman-slaying. You sound like a dittohead. Or at least like every person I've met who listens to a lot of conservative right-wing talk radio. You want to regurgitate a Rush Limbaugh talking point, but you don't know how to tailor it specifically about what question you're trying to answer. But, fuck it. You do it anyways.

It's like you scan my posts for key phrases and go on a rant about it. Like "Hillary's record? Wait, I heard something about this!" and then you make arguments like this:
In post 7137, Political Clout wrote:Hillary is incompetent when it comes to foreign affairs and policy, as Obama himself said when he was running, and only sort of knows healthcare; Hillary.

You know this is a silly argument right? When did you hear this? I mean, you're aware that Obama was the President that brought Hillary on as the Secretary of State, right? Did you think critically about how correct this statement was before making it?

As for the rest of it, there's no use responding. 90% of it is you hating Hillary and interpreting everything she's doing as wrong and evil. In other words...

In post 7137, Political Clout wrote:Why would he run for president? His life would get considerably worse from running. He wants to help the american people. So I don't believe your blatant lie filled with paranoia. Your insinuation might be more clear if you were forthright about it. I do think we need more jobs in America. I can agree with that statement. Are you asking how do I reconcile the fact that he manufactures products overseas? He is a businessman.

These are two conflicting ideas! Is he a businessman that's looking to make money or is he an altruistic person who is okay with making his life worse because he wants to help the American people?

Trump has business interests that he doesn't want to share with the American people and plans to continue to run that business while he's in office. We know that he has business in many foreign countries and has debt to foreign banks. Beyond that, I'm sure that as a good businessman he's not going to want to burn any bridges with any potentially-money making enterprise, so he's not going to do any kind of banking reform and he's going to curry favor with the 1% (and above).

You claim to hate corruption, but Trump is set up to be the most corruptible President of all time. If someone were to give Trump money in exchange for political favoritism, we would have no idea who gave him anything, how much they gave him, and for what. And you're suggesting that it's paranoia to worry about that?
In post 7137, Political Clout wrote:Trump wants to make better school choice and repeal common core.

Can you tell me why people are against school choice?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7246  (isolation #360)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:42 pm

In post 7245, Garmr wrote:No the question was why would they want to destroy black communities what would they gain out of it?

Presumably it's to destroy what they hate?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7249  (isolation #361)  » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:53 pm

In post 7248, Garmr wrote:
In post 7246, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7245, Garmr wrote:No the question was why would they want to destroy black communities what would they gain out of it?

Presumably it's to destroy what they hate?

So the entire Fbi hated black people?

That's a leap in logic. Those that give the orders would be the ones to scrutinize, not the everyday agent.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7259  (isolation #362)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:31 am

In post 7252, Garmr wrote:
In post 7251, Shaziro wrote:I mean. Marijuana was made illegal largely because hispanic people were the most common users of it, combined with hippies who were Nixon's political opponents...

It sounds stupid through. "Give this to only black people but ignore the other group I hate so much." Nixon*

Well, people can be absolutely prejudiced against one group and ambivalent towards others. Racism doesn't mean "I hate every race not my own equally."

*Note: I have no idea about Nixon's feelings towards other races, I was just bored and was moving Zachstralkita's argument along a logical path.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7287  (isolation #363)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:36 pm

In post 7273, karnos wrote:
In post 7242, Kublai Khan wrote:Trump has business interests that he doesn't want to share with the American people and plans to continue to run that business while he's in office. We know that he has business in many foreign countries and has debt to foreign banks. Beyond that, I'm sure that as a good businessman he's not going to want to burn any bridges with any potentially-money making enterprise, so he's not going to do any kind of banking reform and he's going to curry favor with the 1% (and above).
Wrong

http://nypost.com/2016/11/30/trump-says ... -in-total/

Well, I wasn't wrong at the time I wrote it. So give me that much credit.

And it's good to see that someone is making him aware that it is/was a horrible idea to have even considered running a business and the country at the same time.

Buuuuut. "Trump lawyer Michael Cohen has said that Donald Trump Jr., Ivanka and Eric — the adult children of the president-elect — will run the company via a blind trust while Donald Trump is president."

If he knows who is running the company (his kids) and has regular contact with them (being that they are his kids), THEN IT'S NOT A BLIND TRUST AND HE STILL IS VERY CORRUPTIBLE.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7288  (isolation #364)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:39 pm

In post 7286, kuribo wrote:One of my cousins vot d for Trump and he's pissed about the Mnuchin appointment

HOWS THAT SWAMP DRAINING GOING

Mnuchin is a known Wall Street scumbag and former Clinton supporter

Apparently he's been appointing a lot of Koch Brothers-aligned Republicans to positions. So that swamp tends to look a lot like the old swamp.

All the libertarians better start preparing their "Trump wasn't a REAL libertarian" speeches.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7297  (isolation #365)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:13 pm

At some point you guys should take the trans discussion to the trans discussion thread. Located in your neighborhood Speakeasy: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=38556

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7300  (isolation #366)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:53 pm

In post 7299, Sesq wrote:
In post 7297, Kublai Khan wrote:At some point you guys should take the trans discussion to the trans discussion thread. Located in your neighborhood Speakeasy: viewtopic.php?f=86&t=38556

I can't access that, and I've been in the center of a lot of these debates before.

Go to the User Control Panel (second line under the logo in top left), then click on the Usergroups tab. You should be able to select Speakeasy Inhabitants, then scroll to the bottom and click "Join selected". A mod will check over your credentials within a day or two and assuming all is well, you should be in.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7304  (isolation #367)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:17 pm

In post 7303, AniX wrote:
In post 7301, Fluminator wrote:I thought the transgender community didn't want that thread used for debates like this.

Yes. I will not engage in that topic in that thread even at the loss of my participation in the topic entirely.

Oh.

Well, surely a second topic could be created? I mean, there seems to be some interest in the discussion, but the topic of Donald Trump is one that is going to be returned to regularly as it's on-going (unfortunately). So something like this could benefit from it's own topic so it's not over-run.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7336  (isolation #368)  » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:46 pm

In post 7332, karnos wrote:LOL, Obama couldn't figure it out as president- "some of those jobs just aren't gonna come back ... what magic wand do you have... usually the answer is... he doesn't have an answer", Trump convinces them to stay before he is even sworn in.

Apparently Trump actually does have a magic wand.

[quote=From your link]Carrier didn't specify what the incentives were. Trump threatened Carrier with stiff tariffs during the campaign, but Carrier's statement depicted a friendlier negotiation.[/quote]
So the "Magic wand" is to threaten companies, then give them something they are very happy about to stay. You have no idea what those incentives were. No idea what the actual cost is. But hey! You get to stick it to the libs! Woo! Jingly keys!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7342  (isolation #369)  » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:11 am

@karnos:
Just to check, are all of your future comments going to have the format of "I've super-simplified a complex thing in a way that makes Democrats look like assholes!"?

Are you capable of nuanced discussion or are you here to just "points"?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7367  (isolation #370)  » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:19 pm

Man, if I were an American CEO, I'd start spreading rumors that I'm going to relocate my business right about now.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7369  (isolation #371)  » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:22 pm

[tweet]https://twitter.com/paulkrugman/status/804019123781042178/[/tweet]

Grr. Stupid tag.

Another metric: Trump would have to do one Carrier-sized deal a week for 30 years to save as many jobs as Obama's auto bailout - Paul Krugman
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7451  (isolation #372)  » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:36 pm

In post 7450, rb wrote:
In post 7449, GreyICE wrote:
In post 7428, karnos wrote:
In post 7425, Untrod Tripod wrote:nor does it do anything to aid the tens of millions of working poor

Do you have any idea how economics works?

Supply & Demand?

Tip: as long as there are millions of non-workers, ready to take your job for minimum wage, you aren't going to be getting a big raise.

The first step is to get more jobs. When workers are valuable rather than a limitless commodity, wages will go up.

Okay so lets talk a little basic intro to economics. We're going to talk about fungible goods. Goods that are fungible are interchangeable. For instance, say, potatoes. One potato is pretty much similar to another potato, so you buy the cheapest potatoes. You can try and differentiate your goods (organic potatoes! large potatoes! etc.) but in the end they're potatoes, and interchangeable. Here's is a non-fungible good: Tom Brady. I cannot hire a random bum off the street to replace Tom Brady. In fact, despite the fact I could hire 50 bums off the street for Tom Brady's salary, I could not replace Tom Brady with 50 bums. Not fungible.

Employees are not a fungible resource unless you're in a super low skill job. Median wages are being depressed because of active campaigning against middle class wages, anti-labor movements by the government, and games that large corporations have played - games that have largely destroyed American manufacturing and caused enormous economic damage.

See Karnos, money and capital are two different things. There are a lot of companies that generate money at the cost of capital, and capital is the only thing that can create real wealth for the majority of society.

I feel like all of this post is going to be misunderstood or ignored because: "TRUMP SURHVED DA JURHBSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

It's the same logic as "it's cold outside, therefore global warming is wrong" and "Well, the Earth looks flat."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7501  (isolation #373)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:25 am

In post 7499, karnos wrote:Honestly, all it demonstrates is that you are unable to comprehend Trumps plan, which is pretty much by design.

Your defence of Trump is now bordering on religious fervor.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7502  (isolation #374)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:27 am

Also good to know that watching SNL is a priority for Trump.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7509  (isolation #375)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:18 am

In post 7506, karnos wrote:Trump's opponents truly never get tired of being wrong.

Oh, man. That's hilarious. Go ahead and put up your "Mission Accomplished" banner. Republicans really never learn a thing, do they?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7512  (isolation #376)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:42 am

In post 7510, karnos wrote:I'm still waiting.

Why is it unacceptable for Trump to watch an hour of TV on a Saturday, before he is even sworn in as president, while Obama has spent every chance he had as president to work on his golf game?

You are taking every cheap shot you can, there is no logic or thought behind it. If you actually used your brain you would have realized it was an idiotic statement before you hit submit. So why is it a shock to you that I am assuming anything you spew is just wrong?

Well, Trump derides and scorns and mocks SNL every chance he gets, but he still freaking watches it. Because he has poor impulse control and is narcissistic. Obama likes to golf. So he golfs. I'm sure these are COMPLETELY EQUAL in your mind. No wait, Obama is probably worse, because he's not Trump, right?

And yeah, I don't really have any respect for you. You are incapable of reason and rational thought because you are so strung out on the "teams" of politics. Everyone on here has shown some sort of introspection about their allegiances. They've expressed doubt and owned up to some level of their candidate of choice's flaws. They've thought about their values and who represents them. Both before and after the election.

Except you.

You're an unthinking cheerleader. It doesn't matter what information is put forth, you bend and twist and spin and contort and you argue that Trump is right because you start with the assumption that Trump is right and you do whatever it takes to make that your conclusion. Basically, you've started worshipping Trump at a religious level. "Trump always wins! I don't understand what he's doing but Trump has a plan!" Any information that doesn't praise Trump is "biased against him!" You're a goddamn cult member and a fool. Why should I have anything but scorn and derision for you?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7515  (isolation #377)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:57 pm

Nevermind karnos. Trump is faultless and perfect. Enjoy your bliss.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7524  (isolation #378)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:04 pm

In post 7517, karnos wrote:This is the pro-Trump thread

Actually, it's a Trump thread. Where all stances of Trump are discussed.

BTW, I love the fact that you don't care what I think about you but you care about public opinion of Trump. It completely proved my point.

Do you call Trump "God Emperor" or "Daddy"?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7527  (isolation #379)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:18 pm

In post 7526, theplague42 wrote:Clinton beat Bernie in the primary by a greater popular vote margin than she beat Trump by in the general.

Clearly more people in both the Democratic Party and within the nation as a whole wanted Hillary Clinton as President than anyone else.

But let's hear from Bernie and Trump followers about how they are screwed by the system.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7571  (isolation #380)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:47 pm

In post 7569, zoraster wrote:Sometimes people do. But the problem discussed here is less about the state's uneven power compared to their populations but rather that their electoral votes go to one winner.

Did anyone check who would have won if the electoral votes are given out proportionally?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7594  (isolation #381)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:40 pm

In post 7580, Showtime wrote:The fact that you can look at Trump and, with a straight face, say "Yeah, I want this man in the White House" is boggling.

You have to remember that he considers the downfall of American civilization to be a victory as long as liberals cry.

And he wants a safe zone where we don't criticize Trump.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7599  (isolation #382)  » Sun Dec 04, 2016 7:53 pm

In post 7598, Sesq wrote:entire regressive left

What does this even mean? Is it just a childish name or do you actually think that the left is regressing the country towards.... what, exactly?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7681  (isolation #383)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:10 pm

In post 7585, karnos wrote:Boohoo, Trump received a phone call from Taiwan.

http://theweek.com/speedreads/665400/re ... der-taiwan

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7766  (isolation #384)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:06 pm

In post 7760, theplague42 wrote:I prefer Shillbots and Trumpets/Trumpeters.

Oh, no, no, no. You'll piss off UT. :shifty:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7768  (isolation #385)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:33 pm

He plays the trumpet.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7773  (isolation #386)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:07 pm

In post 7772, Psyche wrote:If Trump's Taiwan call was actually planned, then overall I'm pretty impressed.

It wasn't. They're planting a "yeah, we meant to do that aaaaall along!" story.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7788  (isolation #387)  » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:33 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/12/04/us/po ... ld-jr.html

When Donald J. Trump hosted a foreign leader for the first time as president-elect, the guest list included a curious entry: Mr. Trump’s daughter Ivanka, who looked on last month while he and Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan chatted on a white couch high above Manhattan.

[...]

Ms. Trump is nearing a licensing deal with the Japanese apparel giant Sanei International, both parties told The New York Times. The largest shareholder of Sanei’s parent company is the Development Bank of Japan, which is wholly owned by the Japanese government.

Of course it's not a snapshot of Trump being handed a briefcase in a shady parking garage so karnos won't believe anything is wrong with this. But this is corruption. This is crony capitalism. This is the beginning of the thing that was so blindingly obvious would happen happening.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7810  (isolation #388)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:06 pm

Things I learned from karnos today:

Fact-checking is collusion.
Trump voters would have been 100% okay with the Electoral College is they lost the election but won the popular vote.
If we mine for two specific stories and ignore all other context, then we can prove bias.

All of those are incorrect. Plus you ignored the report of Trump engaging in crony corruption. I assume because you can't acknowledge reality.

Karnos is a poopyhead (Source: Wikileaks) <--- Totally legit in karnos' eyes.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7811  (isolation #389)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:09 pm

I'm getting the feeling that if karnos knew about pizzagate, he'd be posting about pizzagate.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7830  (isolation #390)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:39 pm

In post 7816, Persivul wrote:
In post 7815, karnos wrote:A few bad words in this video, but dammit, I really think Milo nails it in the first few minutes re: bias in media.

NSFW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTxSAjXpnqo

Speaking of Milo and bias in media...media is always gay this gay that...EXCEPT when they link Milo to the alt right. They rarely mention that he's gay. Doesn't fit the desired alt right narrative.

I assume that you want us to understand what you're talking about, so could you speak in less vague terms? Who is "media"?

I'm assuming that you're talking about the much spoken of "leftist mainstream media". But what is that, exactly? Can we start with how you even evaluate whether a source is liberal or conservative? Do you decide that it's a liberal media bias when you read the name of the newspaper or the actual text of the article? How do you evaluate?

If I posted some text articles with any information that identified the source eliminated, would you be able to determine which source is the "liberally biased one"?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7844  (isolation #391)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:02 pm

In post 7840, Persivul wrote:
In post 7830, Kublai Khan wrote:Can we start with how you even evaluate whether a source is liberal or conservative?

Nope. If you can't tell the difference, I'm not wasting my time with you. :P

Don't give me that. You're already here wasting time.

Do you decide that it's a liberal media bias when you read the name of the newspaper/website or the actual text of the article?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7861  (isolation #392)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:02 pm

In post 7856, karnos wrote:
In post 7854, xRECKONERx wrote:
In post 7853, karnos wrote:They aren't "racist", but they do treat people differently based on the color of their skin.

Affirmative action, diversity quotients, BLM, immigrants getting free government services.

it's almost like years of slavery and not giving people civil rights have set certain minority groups behind by generations since they didn't get a head start

They were not my slaves. By putting others ahead, I am put behind. That isn't equality.

Let's bring back the good ol' boy system and shut doors in faces! That's equality!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7866  (isolation #393)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:11 pm

In post 7860, pisskop wrote:Like why is it so hard to get? Its not about being black or being slaves, Poverty is everywhere.

It is about being black though. As white people we are statistically more likely to hired and get out of poverty. The playing field isn't level if affirmative action is off the table. It just tilts back against minorities.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7880  (isolation #394)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:28 pm

In post 7874, pisskop wrote:
In post 7872, Untrod Tripod wrote:"thug culture"

Thats only one example.

Im not claiming inequality of race doesnt exist.
I am claiming that we'd be better off addressing the culture instead of spending more money trying to force people up through the ceilings as it were.

I wonder if any Canadians or Australians have any stories of trying to change the culture of a minority group. I bet there's no regrets.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7886  (isolation #395)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:34 pm

In post 7877, Ranmaru wrote:
In post 7865, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 7860, pisskop wrote:Like why is it so hard to get? Its not about being black or being slaves, Poverty is everywhere.
well I think the argument is that it is more difficult for minorities than for whites to break the cycle of generational poverty because of biases inherent to existing power structures.

Doesn't mainstream hiphop have some influence in this? I want to say, that at some points, the system can be to blame, but at others, black people themselves also hurt themselves. Yet this is only anecdotal. For example, sometimes it's hard to defend black people when young black kids beat me up. [This has happened] Which is kind of like, a town read you have who continues to act dumb but you won't vote, but you also publicly state that you can't defend his actions. Today, looking for work, I see plenty of black people applying for jobs and looking for work. Today, a black man was given a job for alliedbarton, security guard. Anyway I think hip hop has some influence on black people and is hurting them more than helping them.

Man, good thing you aren't judging an entire group of people based on something they have in common with the kids who beat you up when you were young.

I have seen some clips of Malcolm X and intend to research him further to see what he has said. Want to see if what he has said has some validity.

What a strange thing to say. Read his autobiography if you want to know about him, not just random quotes taken out of context. His whole life was a long transformative journey.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7893  (isolation #396)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:46 pm

In post 7887, pisskop wrote:Now, 100+ years later, you think doing the inverse, by giving more to the deprived, youll reverse it instead of making more hate?

I imagine that if you can see the bigger picture, then you'd understand why and not hate.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7900  (isolation #397)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:58 pm

In post 7896, pisskop wrote:
In post 7893, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 7887, pisskop wrote:Now, 100+ years later, you think doing the inverse, by giving more to the deprived, youll reverse it instead of making more hate?

I imagine that if you can see the bigger picture, then you'd understand why and not hate.

And thats your problem. You think that its human nature to see the 'big picture' and that you think the ends justify the means.

But, 'big picture'? what evidence do you have that humanity can do big picture, when our technology was until recently driven by greed for wealth and war?

It's possible. I mean, I agree that it's idealistic, but it's possible.

It was the whole point behind free education for the masses. So hopefully the masses can do things for the right reasons instead of immediate gain.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7912  (isolation #398)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:23 pm

In post 7908, pisskop wrote:and we dont fix poverty by letting the culture stagnant into booty bitches and crack rocks. We encourage the kids to grow and integrate with society. We finance programs that allow the to grow, and we set standards they must meet. The standards part is where we are failing.

we dont waiver and hand out waivers for standards. Well we do; and we shouldnt. If you think, as you seem to, that you can deign to 'uplift' these people than you must not realize just how awful you are.
How can you get rid of the concept of race when you are still counting points for races like they were teams?

I don't think anyone is arguing against what you're proposing. I think the argument is about how to fix it.

We can't just ban rap music and call the job done. Kids don't want to be poor and miserable. They want to leave the ghettos, but many times it looks like their options are to be athletically gifted, musically gifted, or drug dealer. It's hard to convince them that working hard for the American Dream and reaching middle class is a worthwhile endeavour if it doesn't look like the many black people choose that path.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #7931  (isolation #399)  » Tue Dec 06, 2016 9:44 pm

In post 7916, pisskop wrote:So your idea of a leader and role model is somebody who can never be quite sure if they got in because they were a governmental charity case or they earned it on the sweat of their brow?

the stink of AA will ALWAYS be with them, whether you want to admit it or not.

Yeah, I've heard that before. But it's only a stink that white culture puts on black people. So the bucks shifts to us on that. I've never heard of a black person scoffing at another black person getting a good job and thinking that AA is demeaning.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion