Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11407  (isolation #600)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:20 pm

IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IN HIS YUGE TOWER IN R'YLEH, DREAD TRUMP LIES DREAMING!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11435  (isolation #601)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:10 pm

http://www.salon.com/2017/01/24/environ ... s_partner/

Trump EPA has frozen all grants and contracts.
IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IA, IA, TRUMP FHTAGN! IN HIS YUGE TOWER IN R'YLEH, DREAD TRUMP LIES DREAMING!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11437  (isolation #602)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:15 pm

In post 11430, Annadog40 wrote:Didn't you already make that post?

We also pointed out all the fallacies with it and karnos didn't argue which means he had no response.

karnos isn't capable of original thought anymore. He gets his message from ring-wing "alternative facts" newssites and then just posts them here even thought nobody wants him to. He's preaching the gospel of Trump. He's witnesses from Trumpism.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11455  (isolation #603)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:34 pm

In post 11453, Papa Zito wrote:The theory is that a pipeline is far less prone to leaks/spills than rail or trucks.

I have no idea if that's true or not.

Keystone Pipeline I has been operational since 2010 and has leaked 14 times. Largest spill exceeded 21,000 gallons. https://www.nrdc.org/experts/anthony-sw ... -tar-sands

Also, http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/edi ... mode=story

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11459  (isolation #604)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:05 pm

In post 11457, Fluminator wrote:
In post 11455, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 11453, Papa Zito wrote:The theory is that a pipeline is far less prone to leaks/spills than rail or trucks.

I have no idea if that's true or not.

Keystone Pipeline I has been operational since 2010 and has leaked 14 times. Largest spill exceeded 21,000 gallons. https://www.nrdc.org/experts/anthony-sw ... -tar-sands

Also, http://journalstar.com/news/opinion/edi ... mode=story

Which is exactly why we need a new and better one now that much more research has been done.

If by "research has been done", you mean "we noticed that when we use cheap materials, weld poorly, and hire incompetent inspectors, then things tend to leak", then I guess so. But that sort of stuff has been known for decades.

If by "research has been done", you mean "we noticed that TransCanada tends to do jobs as cheaply as possible making leaks inevitable and therefore we should have a lot of oversight and regulations in places", then no. No lesson has been learned at all.

P.Edit - What do mean by comparisons? Exxon is worse than TransCanada, but that doesn't make TransCanada good.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11462  (isolation #605)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:09 pm

In post 11460, Vi wrote:
In post 11458, Fluminator wrote:Also, most of the spills get cleaned up to a state you don't even recognize there was a spill there, but there are full time jobs in keeping check of the pipeline at all time to make sure it's not starting to leak and now that lots of research has been done in that area it's only getting better.
I would appreciate a citation.

Technically if you put a mound of dirt overtop and plant some grass, then you might not recognize there was a spill there.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11469  (isolation #606)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:35 pm

Looks like Trump's administration has closed down the "Joining Forces" program on the whitehouse website. It may be that it's changing to something else, but he refused to say he'd keep it going on the campaign trail.

http://militaryoneclick.com/trump-admin ... rces-page/

Created in 2011 by former First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden, Joining Forces had the mission to work, advocate for, and raise awareness of the obstacles and difficulties military families face. The initiative has worked with private companies to put military-connected folks in careers, called on state legislatures to make license portability easier for military spouses, and expanded wellness services.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11470  (isolation #607)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:45 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11471  (isolation #608)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:40 pm

In post 11433, karnos wrote:Oh, huh. The whole thing was based on a lie? Shocking.

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2 ... hood-sting

tl;dr - Despite the few snippets of speeches that conservatives use as Planned Parenthood's mission statement, they don't really advertise themselves as a prenatal provider.

Your news sources is still manipulating you and feeding you false info, karnos.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11473  (isolation #609)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:47 pm

In post 11472, Psyche wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/1995/10/21/us/federal-parks-chief-calls-million-man-count-low.html

interesting article on why the nps stopped counting people

Makes sense.

But really the real news I learned from that 1995 article after googling.. Louis Farrakhan is still alive? And denounced Obama as the first Jewish president?! And is advocating dianetics while insisting he's not a Scientologist?!?? Holy crap. Amazing.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11482  (isolation #610)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:33 am

In post 11476, Sesq wrote:
In post 11475, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 11471, Kublai Khan wrote:false info

it's alternative facts get with the times

can someone objectively explain what alternative facts are

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_facts

"Alternative facts" is a phrase that was used by Counselor to the President Kellyanne Conway during a Meet the Press interview,[1][2][3][4] in which she defended White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer's comments about the attendance at Donald Trump's inauguration as President of the United States. When pressed during the interview with Chuck Todd to explain why Spicer "utter[ed] a provable falsehood", Conway said "Don't be so overly dramatic about it, Chuck. You're saying it's a falsehood, and […] our press secretary, Sean Spicer, gave alternative facts to that."[5][6] Todd responded by saying "Alternative facts are not facts. They are falsehoods."[7]

i don't trust the media anymore. Any of it.

This is dumb, BTW. It makes me have a lower opinion of you.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11572  (isolation #611)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:27 pm

The Trump administration yesterday named Republican Ajit Pai to head the Federal Communications Commission. Pai’s appointment was a foregone conclusion, given that he is the ranking Republican on the five-member body, but it’s important for one reason: Pai is an outspoken critic of net neutrality — one of the fundamental principles of the free, open internet we’ve all been using for the past several decades.

http://nymag.com/selectall/2017/01/say- ... ernet.html

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11573  (isolation #612)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:38 pm

President Donald Trump called on Wednesday for "a major investigation" into voter fraud, following through with baseless claims he has made since November's election alleging millions of illegal votes during the general election without citing any evidence.

The probe into voter fraud may not be limited to the 2016 presidential election and could center on large states where Trump didn't necessarily compete, according to White House press secretary Sean Spicer, who added, without citing evidence, that problems with illegal voting occurred in bigger states.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/politics/ ... index.html

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11630  (isolation #613)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 11607, Shaziro wrote:
In post 11601, karnos wrote:
In post 11569, Davsto wrote:
In post 11568, Psyche wrote:a clearcut example of karnos's habit of deflection

I'd say a better example would be "the article you linked says that lies are bad if they cover up crimes, incompetence or protect a president's political future" and karnos goes "but what he was lying about wasn't a crime"

So you are claiming that the inauguaration numbers either show "incompetence" or danger to the "president's political future"?

Which one is it? Care to explain it, because I don't see it at all?

Prediction: you will explain nothing, make some immature comment or joke, and indirectly confirm that were lying in the above post.

Can I tag in on Davsto's part here? I'm actually willing to explain without immature comments or jokes.

Don't use too many words.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11634  (isolation #614)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:13 pm

In post 11628, Fluminator wrote:To be fair that seems pretty inconsequential compared to the Lewinsky lie.

Do you know anyone that lies about minor inconsequential stuff but then is always truthful about major things?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11905  (isolation #615)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:35 pm

In post 11870, ɀefiend wrote:I am saying that some tenets of Islam are dangerous and/or oppressive, and that makes me fearful of Islam because of people (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) who accept/sympathize with those ideas.

Can you give me an example of a non-Muslim that accepts/sympathizes with the tenets of Islam?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11910  (isolation #616)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:51 pm

In post 11908, karnos wrote:
In post 11905, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 11870, ɀefiend wrote:I am saying that some tenets of Islam are dangerous and/or oppressive, and that makes me fearful of Islam because of people (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) who accept/sympathize with those ideas.

Can you give me an example of a non-Muslim that accepts/sympathizes with the tenets of Islam?

Looks like somebody didn't pay attention to the women's march

Guilty as charged. Though I seem to remember you making a bunch of "Why are they doing this? What do they hope to accomplish?" whine-posts. So don't bother sharing your "wisdom" with me.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11914  (isolation #617)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:14 pm

yea, what Psyche asked.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11917  (isolation #618)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:34 pm

Naw. It's Donita Sparks.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11923  (isolation #619)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Okay... So she's sympathizing with a very moderate version of the Islamic tenet of modesty by wearing a hijab, and not promoting the niqab which you recognize as the oppressive garment.

What's the problem?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #11956  (isolation #620)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:52 pm

In post 11955, theplague42 wrote:Really, the only consistent things in this thread are karnos posting Facebook memes and Accounting taking figures of speech literally.

Where is she taking them?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12029  (isolation #621)  » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:19 am

Mark it. Day 9 of the Trump Presidency is when comedy died.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12067  (isolation #622)  » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:02 pm

Trump filed for reelection about 5 hours after he was sworn into office. It goes without saying that this breaks with precedent.

This means two things.
1. Trump can begin collecting contributions right away. Ka-ching.
2. This changes how nonprofit groups can complain about his actions. Since he is already technically "campaigning", then that means that nonprofit groups (like the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Human Rights Watch, Doctors Without Borders, Disabled American Veterans, Human Rights Campaign, Sierra Club, NPR, et al) have to be careful in how they criticize him. They can't speak negatively about Trump the candidate because then that would be interpreted as "campaigning against him" and they would lose their non-profit status.

File this under Trump working hard to silence critics and preparing for heinous acts.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12075  (isolation #623)  » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:50 pm

In post 12068, Garmr wrote:Kublai you do realize none for profit organisations aren't legally allowed to speak about politics at all.

They are very much allowed to speak about politics, especially as it pertains to advocating for their cause. But there are stricter guidelines on how they can speak if a politician is in the midst of "campaigning". Trump is already campaigning.

I mean even anita sarkisans none for profit scam I mean organisation has shut up.

Who the hell is that? Why should I care? Why do conservatives always tack on weird super-obscure stuff onto their posts?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12119  (isolation #624)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:03 pm

Trumpers like conspiracy theories, right?

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial ... .itqlydz7h

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12141  (isolation #625)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:24 pm

In post 12140, Sesq wrote:
In post 12139, theplague42 wrote:
In post 12138, Davsto wrote:I'd believe the "it's not a Muslim ban" if it weren't for the fact that a large part of Trump's campaign was calling for a Muslim ban

And Giuliani said so on national TV... And Trump implied so on national radio... And he ordered to prioritize minority religious groups with only Muslim-majority countries banned...

With many notable islamic countries missing.

There's a level of "I'm not touching you, therefore I can't be bothering you" logic in this argument.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12143  (isolation #626)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:07 pm

In post 12142, Sesq wrote:What? I'm not arguing for or against the ban here (though i am against it), I'm just pointing out many countries are missing, possibly due to Trump's economic involvement there.

Hmm. Fair enough.

Upon review I think I meant to quote ɀefiend.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12144  (isolation #627)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:10 pm

In post 10590, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm guessing his plan is to repeal the ACA, let things go back to the way they were, except it'll be cheaper because he's bullied the pharmaceutical companies into lowering their drug prices. And maybe bully insurance companies into lowering their rates?

GOSH. NEVERMIND THAT IDEA.

http://www.vox.com/platform/amp/policy- ... tion-drugs

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12146  (isolation #628)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:21 pm

C'mon plague. After meeting with Big Pharma, Trump realized that they were worried about small up-and-coming drug companies and how those negotiations would hurt. The answer obviously is less regulation and tax cuts.

Or maybe it's all fake news because they aren't praising the size of Trump's acumen.

Politics is so surreal.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12156  (isolation #629)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:06 pm

In post 12153, Psyche wrote:those were good tso posts

Better than average. He didn't bother personally insulting anyone.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12162  (isolation #630)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:55 pm

In post 12159, pisskop wrote:The media has it out for poor ole donnie.

They get the DTs when they cant attack DT

Huh. Really educated people whose sole job is to be aware of all the intricacies of government seem to dislike Trump in editorials?

GOSH! IT MUST BE A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PARTICIPANTS, NO EVIDENCE, AND NO PAY-OFF! IT'S THE ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION. IT COULDN'T BE BECAUSE MAYBE TRUMP IS ACTUALLY BAD AT HIS JOB. NO WAY! HE HAS A CATCHPHRASE AND WAS ON TV!

Top notch work, pisskop. :facepalm:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12166  (isolation #631)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:58 pm

In post 12164, pisskop wrote:
In post 12162, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12159, pisskop wrote:The media has it out for poor ole donnie.

They get the DTs when they cant attack DT

Huh. Really educated people whose sole job is to be aware of all the intricacies of government seem to dislike Trump in editorials?

GOSH! IT MUST BE A GLOBAL CONSPIRACY WITH TENS OF THOUSANDS OF PARTICIPANTS, NO EVIDENCE, AND NO PAY-OFF! IT'S THE ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION. IT COULDN'T BE BECAUSE MAYBE TRUMP IS ACTUALLY BAD AT HIS JOB. NO WAY! HE HAS A CATCHPHRASE AND WAS ON TV!

Top notch work, pisskop. :facepalm:

Bro, youre at a 9 right now. we need you at about a 6. you need to use your inside voice.

Brah, I need you at about a high school education. Right now it should only be the middle school education folks that believe in "media out to get Trump!" nonsense.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12172  (isolation #632)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:31 pm

In post 12168, pisskop wrote:You grant me that and Ill grant you that Tman has some shady stuff going on.

:down:

In post 12162, Kublai Khan wrote:Really educated people whose sole job is to be aware of all the intricacies of government seem to dislike Trump in editorials

:up:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12174  (isolation #633)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 12173, pisskop wrote:*yawn*

You say specialist I say corruption

Corruption? Who is funding them? And is whoever it is aware of how much they covered the non-story of "Clinton e-mails" versus anything else during the campaign?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12175  (isolation #634)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:51 pm

I mean, the equivalent of what you're arguing is that the broadcasters calling the game are responsible for the Cleveland Browns have a losing record.

Can you maybe take a minute to consider the possibility that the Browns just.......... suck?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12179  (isolation #635)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:58 pm

Peer pressure?

Peer.

Pressure.

You think that the media is "mean to Trump" because it's the popular thing to do?

Would you stop "implying" stuff, and actually say something of substance so I don't have to keep guessing with incredulity? You're really not doing a good job of convincing me that you aren't too stupid for conversation.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12189  (isolation #636)  » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:21 pm

In post 12188, pisskop wrote:kublai thinks the intolerant swill he lives in doesnt form hardline cluques

I suppose I don't. I mean, from the point where they go to school for journalism, it's drilled into their head that objectivity is important. All their teachers grade on it. When they get a job, their boss and peers keep an eye out for objectivity and their work is publicly published for people to judge objectivity. Times when they get information wrong or let subjectivity leak into their work they are fired and publicly held accountable (Anderson Cooper, Dan Rather, Helen Thomas...

On the other hand, pisskop, some guy on a message board, thinks Trump is great so everyone saying otherwise is just worried about peer pressure.

Totes convincing dude.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12193  (isolation #637)  » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:43 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12194  (isolation #638)  » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:59 pm

Trump disrespecting the judicial branch.

This sad, pathetic petty tyrant is our president. Where are all the MAGA folks to crow about how great he is?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12209  (isolation #639)  » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:39 pm

In post 12206, pisskop wrote:also no.

with media opinion of him how it was pre election and how it is now he could be kissing babies and somebody would call him a pedophile

>doesn't read/watch actual media
>assumes its all the same
>whines

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12212  (isolation #640)  » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:34 pm

In post 12211, pisskop wrote:we call what yoy just did a nonsequiter. or a strawman, if you prefer
@kk

Wrong and wrong.

You keep repeating that "media" is wrong or biased but you've never provided proof or even decent reasoning.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12215  (isolation #641)  » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:41 pm

Wait, what? One person on camera was wrong once?

You're right. CNN is a corrupt organization.

(sarcasm, btw)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12245  (isolation #642)  » Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:24 pm

In post 12242, zoraster wrote:Those odds seem substantially off to me. For one thing, resignation should always be more likely than impeachment. Anyone who has impeachment proceedings going against them and thinks it will succeed will likely resign, as Nixon did.

The only thing I can think of is maybe they are figuring on Trump being stubborn?

Plus Trump hasn't had a lifetime of learning the political process on what constitutional powers he has. Everytime he does something wrong and gets stymied, he's going to continue to gain political enemies at a quick rate.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12250  (isolation #643)  » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:19 pm

In post 12248, Davsto wrote:tbh I was going to post that

Isn't it more:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12254  (isolation #644)  » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:02 pm

In post 12252, karnos wrote:ctrl-left

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12256  (isolation #645)  » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:08 pm

In post 12255, Not_Mafia wrote:At least I learnt a new term

It's a pretty fetch term.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12324  (isolation #646)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:57 pm

In post 12322, Untrod Tripod wrote:the real problem is that anyone is questioning Dear Leader

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/07/polit ... index.html

(CNN)Sebastian Gorka, deputy assistant to President Donald Trump, said Monday that the administration will continue using the term "fake news" until the media understands that their "monumental desire" to attack the President is wrong.

"There is a monumental desire on behalf of the majority of the media, not just the pollsters, the majority of the media to attack a duly elected President in the second week of his term," Gorka, a former Breitbart editor who also holds a PhD in political science, told syndicated conservative radio host Michael Medved.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12325  (isolation #647)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:19 pm

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/white-house ... -deserved/

This is hilariousy bad. C'mon Trumpers, defend this.

Even we can ignore the massive amounts of typos (ATTAKER) from a "Presidential" document...

ORLANDO, FL, US
June, 2016
TARGET: 49 killed and 53 wounded in shooting at a nightclub
ATTAKER: US person

Really, Trump? This was an UNDER-REPORTED terrorist event?

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
September, 2016
TARGET: One civilian wounded in knife attack
ATTACKER: Ihsas Khan

Really? Are you sure you're not padding this list with a bunch of single person attacks with no broader coordination of attempted terror. Does Trump really think that the media should go all "BREAKING NEWS" over a stabbing in Australia?

All the major terrorist attacks on the list were covered (usually over multiple days with wall-to-wall coverage. Most of the minor ones were not because it involves single knife stabbings in foreign countries and the like.

“All over Europe it’s happening. It’s gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported,” the president said in a speech at Central Command headquarters in Florida. “And in many cases the very, very dishonest press doesn’t want to report it. They have their reasons, and you understand that.”

STOP FUCKING DOG WHISTLING. What reason does the press have to "cover-up" a knife stabbing in Pakistan?

Seriously, someone explain how Trump has any valid point. I do like to at least understand both sides of a debate. But the "you know what I mean" nod-wink makes no sense. What do the media gain from not reporting a terror attack? This is conspiratorial bullshit. Trump is mentally unfit to be president.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12327  (isolation #648)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:23 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12340  (isolation #649)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:36 pm

In post 12335, karnos wrote:Since you typically unable to understand my analogy, I'll spell it out for you. US Citizens are born here grow up here and live here. You can't deport them, it's not an option. The crime they commit is a tragedy all the same, but it can't be prevented via deportation.

When it comes to immigrants, it's a completely different story. They are not born with a right to live here, nor do they have unalienable rights to go through the immigration process. When an immigrant is allowed to immigrate to our country, it's a disaster if they turn around and become criminals of any sort.

Hey genius. Comb through Trump's list and tell me how many terrorist attacks on US soil were done by a non-"US person".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12345  (isolation #650)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:19 pm

In post 12343, Sesq wrote:
In post 12338, Korts wrote:
In post 12336, karnos wrote:Initially it was. I remember on the day the news broke there was a lot of lag between the event being reported and any announcement of the attacker's religion and terrorist ties. There was some stupid blackout on reddit where the admins would instantly delete any comments or threads that reported on the attacker's religion prior to it breaking out in the mainstream.

So... fact-checked news was favored over speculation? For shame. The internet had done so well to catch the Boston bomber like 4 times over before the news managed to point the finger at a fifth.

Censorship doesn't bother you?

I'm sure these kids were a little bothered.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12348  (isolation #651)  » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:50 pm

In post 12346, Sesq wrote:How the fuck is that relevant?

They were not involved in the Boston Bombing at all. But there they are, on the cover of a major (right-wing) newspaper immediately after the bombing.

It's not censorship to hold off reporting until you have the facts verified. Why are you making this bad argument?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12406  (isolation #652)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 pm

In post 12353, Narna wrote:His stupid statement just got the media to re-cover that something over 700 people have died to (media worthy) terror attacks in recent years, highlighting the justification for his travel ban.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think I agree. Most of the stories I read/watched pointed out both the typos and the fact that they covered the vast majority, only leaving out foreign very low body count affairs. I don't think he made his point well.

I'm apprehensive about her too, but even I could run public education better than the current system. K-12 is useless, common core is voodoo magic, and my gov/econ teachers were both openly anarchistic/commie respectively. I'm in Cali, so I know my schooling probably was probably on the fringe, but these are still absurd concepts to publicly preach to kids. I also doubt she is going to have the know how or authority to mess with any hard science in college. You'll be fine if you are smart enough to not bet your entire future on just college in the first place. Internships/networking are what make or break students.

Eh... You can't just view school through the personal lens of a single student and make the assumption that you understand the whole entire system. Saying you can run something without entirely knowing what it is yet is the problem with DaVos.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12407  (isolation #653)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:27 pm

In post 12353, Narna wrote:His stupid statement just got the media to re-cover that something over 700 people have died to (media worthy) terror attacks in recent years, highlighting the justification for his travel ban.

I see what you're saying, but I don't think I agree. Most of the stories I read/watched pointed out both the typos and the fact that they covered the vast majority, only leaving out foreign very low body count affairs. I don't think he made his point well.

I'm apprehensive about her too, but even I could run public education better than the current system. K-12 is useless, common core is voodoo magic, and my gov/econ teachers were both openly anarchistic/commie respectively. I'm in Cali, so I know my schooling probably was probably on the fringe, but these are still absurd concepts to publicly preach to kids. I also doubt she is going to have the know how or authority to mess with any hard science in college. You'll be fine if you are smart enough to not bet your entire future on just college in the first place. Internships/networking are what make or break students.

Eh... You can't just view school through the personal lens of a single student and make the assumption that you understand the whole entire system. Saying you can run something without entirely knowing what it is yet is the problem with DaVos.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12413  (isolation #654)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:10 pm

In post 12377, karnos wrote:Oh look, blatant trolling by someone too stupid to actually debate anything.

You are speaking as if you know what you are talking about, but right here you let slip the fact that you don't really have a clue.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12414  (isolation #655)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:11 pm

In post 12404, Psyche wrote:It's like talking to a really smug wall.

Read his ISO. It's a masterpiece of poor thinking. I'm surprised he can go to the grocery store and buy food without yelling about Hillary to the frozen peas.

Speaking of which. karnos never posted any evidence that Hillary broke a law and she's still not in jail. It's about time for karnos to apologize for that.

Also, Trump never setup a blind trust. It's about time for karnos to be worried about that.

He won't though. Because literally just trolling. Nobody could legitimately be as dumb as he pretends to be.

Do another trick karnos, complain about... Pelosi!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12472  (isolation #656)  » Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:56 pm

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/kellyan ... -products/
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/s ... p-products

Kellyanne Conway clearly breaks the law. WhiteHouse "counsels" her and that's it.

Great ethics.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12477  (isolation #657)  » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:02 pm

In post 12475, Psyche wrote:anime avatar wielder

Don't insult.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12481  (isolation #658)  » Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:21 pm

In post 12480, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 12477, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12475, Psyche wrote:anime avatar wielder

Don't insult.

#notmyavatar

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12484  (isolation #659)  » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:13 pm

In post 12483, Psyche wrote:a lot of times i read the news and i think "man if i were trump i'd do this so much better"
like, it sometimes pains me more to see these bad policies implemented badly than it does to see them implemented in the first place

Remember. The people who like Trump absolutely hate government. So the worse he does, the happier they are about it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12495  (isolation #660)  » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:24 pm

In post 12493, Garmr wrote:
In post 12492, Accountant wrote:
In post 12491, SleepyKrew wrote:people that hate the government because "government is bad" are p bad yeah

Or people who vote for Trump because he wasn't "the establishment"

It's nothing more than a child-like temper tantrum

Is being dissatisfied with the government not allowed and wishing to change the person in charge child a crime in your utopia/(dystopia for everyone else)

It's like being unhappy about who gets to captain the teams, so they deflate and cut open the ball.

Trump doesn't really know what he's doing.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/d ... ncy-234879

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12512  (isolation #661)  » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:16 pm

In post 12496, Garmr wrote:and voting in hillary would be like taking a shit on the population your point?

I guess my point is that I disagree?

I mean, even if you don't like how Hillary plays the game at least a game is being played.

Right now the coach of Team USA is trying to learn the rules of the sport while yelling at the referees and we're in the middle of the goddamn Olympics.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12513  (isolation #662)  » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:30 pm

In post 12512, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12496, Garmr wrote:and voting in hillary would be like taking a shit on the population your point?

I guess my point is that I disagree?

No, wait. My point is that it's a bad thing to have an incompetent buffoon running the White House.

He's currently violating the Emoluments Clause as lobbyists are lining up to pay for rooms at his hotels

He's running the government like a business:
No standards
No morals
No ethics
No disclosure
No conflict of interest laws apply
No laws apply at all to the top level

Too bad people apparently can't figure out that businesses aren't great models for government. The citizens aren't the beneficiaries of government, they are the capital and the labor and Trump will treat them accordingly.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12519  (isolation #663)  » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:52 pm

In post 12515, pisskop wrote:I dont think hillary would have served us better. I simply dont have faith in her or her agendas. Havent trusted her for over a decade.

If I ask you why, are you just going to slyly imply that it's obvious and type "lol" a bunch of times?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12546  (isolation #664)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:17 am

In post 12527, Garmr wrote:
In post 12525, Accountant wrote:I'm not surprised that poorly educated people voted trump at all.

a gender studies degree isn't a real degree accountant.

Does anyone here have a gender studies degree?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12548  (isolation #665)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:18 am

natch.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12553  (isolation #666)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:57 am

In post 12549, Psyche wrote:ive never seen or heard someone say that before

I love surpassing your expectations of me. :lol:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12554  (isolation #667)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:47 pm

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html

Okay, so a Mexican national was convicted of voting illegally. I admit I was wrong.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12557  (isolation #668)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:42 pm

In post 12555, Shaziro wrote:It should be pointed out that her lawyer argues that the case was lost because of the fear of illegal voting, rather than the facts. I didn't see the article give any information on any evidence presented that proves that false, but assuming this was a proper carrying-out of justice, it's a shame she went and did that, and a good thing she was caught doing the thing.

Well, yeah. I mean, she had a 6th grade education due to a learning disability and had only voted because she didn't know that she was brought over as a baby. The case wasn't just lost on the evidence presented, but rather it was the specter of "illegal voters" that resulted in her harsh sentence. I'm sure her for teenage kids learnt proper reverence for justice and American sovereignty.

1 down, 2,999,999 to go.

Psyche wrote:she was a republican though

Okay, so 3,000,001 to go.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12565  (isolation #669)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:19 pm

In post 12560, Sesq wrote:Just gonna leave these here

Dude. James O'Keefe makes Michael Moore look respectable and objective. Do you know anything of his track record? His stated goal is to undermine democrats at any cost and he has a long, long track record of editing video to create false context and getting in legal trouble for doing so.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12567  (isolation #670)  » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:44 pm

In post 12562, Sesq wrote:
In post 12561, theplague42 wrote:Hahahahahaha James O'Keefe

He is pretty dumb, but you can't contest with video evidence.

You know all those flashes? Those are edits. He used to release the full edited videos, but those exposed his lies. Now he refuses to release the unedited footage.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12572  (isolation #671)  » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:03 am

In post 12570, Sesq wrote:
In post 12569, chamber wrote:
In post 12568, Sesq wrote:
In post 12567, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12562, Sesq wrote:
In post 12561, theplague42 wrote:Hahahahahaha James O'Keefe

He is pretty dumb, but you can't contest with video evidence.

You know all those flashes? Those are edits. He used to release the full edited videos, but those exposed his lies. Now he refuses to release the unedited footage.

but is the editing obstructive of what's being said?

depending on where it is it could be cutting out silence or actually shifting things around

Every video you see the raw footage of, it's clear he edits to make things misleading. So, yes.

ok, but we have a reliable method of knowing when he makes cuts, so instead of assuming it must be the same as other videos we should actually try to see if there was misleading shit on these individual videos

He refuses to release the unedited footage.
He actively tries to bribe people to make liberals look bad.

He's a liar and a propagandist, Sesq. Good media analysis means that you don't trust liars. Especially those with a long documented track record of lying.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12613  (isolation #672)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:25 pm

In post 12588, T S O wrote:
In post 4248, T S O wrote:Okay, can you explain the possible missing context for the quote "The key is initiating the contact by having leading conversations with people who are naturally psychotic" or "We have to have people prepared to go wherever these events are, which means we have to have a central kind of agitator training"?

In post 4249, Kublai Khan wrote:I don't know.

Never forget.

You ever get that feeling where someone missed your point by miles and is so entrenched in refusing to learn anything new that you know it's a gigantic waste of time to try to explain it?

I call it the Psyche feeling.

You give me that Psyche feeling.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12615  (isolation #673)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:35 pm

It's whenever you post that "sighhhhhhhhhh" post.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12617  (isolation #674)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:43 pm

sorry

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12621  (isolation #675)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:20 pm

In post 12618, SleepyKrew wrote:KK did you just ruin Psyche

Naw, he'll be alright. Just get a pencil and press that recessed reset button.
Last edited by Kublai Khan on Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12625  (isolation #676)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:24 pm

In post 12624, SleepyKrew wrote:I have to get a pencil to fix a problem you caused?

Lunch break. Union rules.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12626  (isolation #677)  » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:24 pm

Excellent.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12629  (isolation #678)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:00 pm

Yeah, Kellyanne Conway is an unabashed liar. That's not new news.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12631  (isolation #679)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:08 pm

In post 12630, T S O wrote:David Duke endorses Keith Ellison!

So he did. Gosh, I really enjoy the times where I forget he exists.

Apparently Keith Ellison endorsed Louis Farrakhan, so that's certainly a cause of pause. Interesting to note that Duke's hatred of Jews is stronger then his hatred of melanin.

Is TSO just ignoring all the Flynn stuff?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12633  (isolation #680)  » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:57 pm

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/ ... ing-214777

Besides the Flynn-Russia thing. Keeping track of all the other scandals the Trump Administration has.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12634  (isolation #681)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:01 am

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12645  (isolation #682)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:06 pm

In post 12636, T S O wrote:
In post 5644, Kublai Khan wrote:@T S O - Instead of a prolonged "No, YOUR candidate is racist" endless argument. How about, can you adequately explain why Trump is openly championed and supported by racist groups like the KKK? And why that might cause people to worry?

I mean, do you understand the concerns about Trump in regards to race relations?
I really think that Keith Ellison is a concern after this show of support by David Duke.

WTF? Did you not read what I wrote in ? (Same page!) It certainly is a reason to be concerned about endorsing Ellison. I personally have never expressed support for Ellison because I don't know much about him (he doesn't represent me).

Since you're so concerned about the Duke support of Ellison, I guess you're now admitting that it is very concerning that Trump has the exuberant support of racist groups?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12646  (isolation #683)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:16 pm

In post 12637, T S O wrote:Am I ignoring the Flynn story? Obviously not. If it's true, then he was correct to resign. I'm sure that after weeks of continuous slander, the media are finally vindicated that they were right about something.

Yes, truly the worst possible thing is that the media is right.

Slander is a pretty serious charge. What exactly have "the media" (all of it, apparently) been incorrect about? The size of the inauguration crowd? The feasibility of a Mexican border wall? The existence of the Bowling Green massacre? What? Nevermind. You don't actually know or care. Just keep repeating how there is a giant conspiracy against the idea of American being great. Simple things are easier to understand.

Trump started today by complaining about two things: the "fake news" that the media is reporting and all the goddamn leaks in his government. You're a mafia player, right T S O? A pretty good one, if I remember. If news is fake, how could it have been leaked?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12660  (isolation #684)  » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:54 pm

In post 12649, T S O wrote:It shouldn't, though. That's my point.

Okay. Fair enough. Though I think the David Duke endorsement was only blown out of proportion because it was in addition to people like Steve Bannon being such a high advisor.

In post 12649, T S O wrote:The first thing that comes to mind was their coverage of the travel ban. I disagree that it was a Muslim ban - as I've said before, it was a ban on war-torn countries, which are all Muslim. Is that a coincidence? It's a discussion that I don't feel like getting into, but suffice it to say I don't think so. The trotted-out line about Trump's business interests is as close to slander as it gets - does any reputable businessman have business in Syria or Somalia? No. But it fits an agenda to push that point, so they did it.

Okay, we don't really have to get into it. I agree that the language and scope of the travel ban doesn't equate to a travel ban, but Trump did make promises during his campaign that he would ban muslims from entering the country. So it's not hard to understand why people would make that interpretation.

In post 12649, T S O wrote:Other things - the media calling Trump a hypocrite for playing golf after past tweets of his about Obama doing the same. He was playing with Shinzo Abe when these accusations came forth, but again context is an enemy to agenda, so there's no need to include it.

Again, Trump made it a point to specifically go after Obama for the number of vacations he took and he made vows to "never" go on vacation. Everyone understands that Presidents are never really "on vacation". They are expected to make critical decisions no matter where they are.

The context isn't "oh, Trump is a hypocrite". The context is that Trump has no problem making promises that he has either no ability or no intention of keeping. Attacking Obama for vacation is a political attack and that's a normal thing to do to political opponents. The stupid thing was to double-down on that and promise to never vacation. That's a promise from the President of the United States. That should be worth something. But Trump doesn't think so. Therein lies the problem. He should get some blowback for not taking his responsibilities and his word seriously.

In post 12649, T S O wrote:The widespread coverage of that BuzzFeed dossier was remarkable, given its insane allegations about Trump sodomising black transsexuals, but I didn't see any journalists hesitate to report on it because of that. Ripping Trump for ethics while you happily report things without fact-checking definitely feels hypocritical, and I don't see why I should trust anything with such an obvious agenda.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/10/busi ... ussia.html

Lots of reporters were approached with the dossier information months before Buzzfeed and didn't report it because the information was unsourced and possibly unsourceable. Mother Jones (very leftist, btw) were the first to publicly note it's existence months earlier in October, but they didn't publish any details for the obvious reason that they shouldn't publish rumors. CNN had only reported that Obama and Trump were presented with a 2 page summary of it (which was true) but didn't publish any stories from it. Lots of news agencies and reporters didn't agree with Buzzfeed publishing the info and the Buzzfeed editor had to publicly justify his actions while putting a huge disclaimer that the contents were unverified.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how you came to the conclusion that journalists were "happily reporting without fact-checking".

Also, just stop using reddit. It's not a good news source. Use something like news.google.com to just get a variety of sources straight from the original sources. Usually google will highlight the one article that everyone else is referring to in their articles.

In post 12649, T S O wrote:You know as well as I do that this is a false dichotomy. Some of the news, such as unsubstantiated leaks, is outright fake news, such as the BuzzFeed dossier. Some of the news, including other leaks, is true. Not all news is fake, and not all news is true. But the media seems very willing to report on things that they have no proof of now that a Republican is in the White House, more so than they were when Obama was in power. And a lot of the time these lies are simply thrown out, with no basis. There doesn't seem to be a barrier anymore to outright lying about Trump by citing unnamed sources.

Do you have any idea for how long Obama was dogged to produce his "true long-form birth certificate"? Major news agencies would keep reporting on updates years into Obama's presidency. Remember Obama's "beer-summit"? That was harshly dogged. Obama is eating arugula! What a fancy-pants! Obama inviting a hip-hop star who has violent lyrics into the White House! Obama in short-sleeves while working in the Oval Office! Have you forgotten all this stuff? Look at this 2009 Gawker article complaining about all those Obama scandals in his first couple of months (http://gawker.com/5146734/all-of-the-ob ... als-so-far)

The media is not a friend to anyone in power. The difference is that Obama didn't spend his time attacking/demonizing the media. He understood that it was just the course of things. Same with W. Bush, same with Clinton, ect. Trump is reacting very, very poorly to scrutiny and that becomes the news story in a self-perpetuating cycle. Liberals tried to warn you that Trump was extremely unqualified for office and this is exactly the type of shit we were talking about.

BTW, thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts more articulately. I know we disagree, but I hate just trying to assume what your position on things is based on your short posts.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12682  (isolation #685)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:02 pm

In post 12681, Sesq wrote:but internet trolls and paid protesters are different things

Yes, internet trolls are the ones that pretend "paid protesters" exist.

http://www.snopes.com/paid-protesters-d ... uguration/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12687  (isolation #686)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:34 pm

In post 12684, Sesq wrote:That event wasn't what I was referring to when talking about paid protests, but that's my own fault for being vague, I was specifically referring to protests/riots/whatevers in lines at trump rallies when he was campaigning

also, thinking this one instance being false debunks all claims for it, and that the only people believing it are internet trolls is just total shit

Okay. You're not offering much in detail, so I'm not sure what to debunk exactly.

Let's check the sources for paid protesters causing violence at Trump rallies.

One is a fake news story from "abcnews.com.co" (has no association with ABCNews) was an admitted fake news story planted by professional fake news making person Paul Horner (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... -trump-it/)

Second is a heavily edited video by Project Veritas. Which, I may remind you James O'Keefe has been successfully sued for putting out misleading defamatory videos. So anything he puts out should be taken with a grain of salt and nobody has corroborating his story. A few right-wing articles report on his video, but generally just accept it at face value. Plus, of course, his video has lots of issues with it's claims (http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... nce-his-r/).

Third is a claim that paid protesters were bussed in because they have pictures of busses. That's literally all of "The Gateway Pundits" evidence along with a long string of conspiracy theories. (http://www.snopes.com/anti-trump-protes ... to-austin/)

Fourth is this article (http://thefreethoughtproject.com/soros- ... rotesters/) that claims Soros is funding paid protesters by advertising on craigslist. It's an insanely conspiratorial piece of journalism that seems to accidentally change the name of the key group (Clean Water Action vs Clean Water Fund) that links Soros to anonymously listed craigslist ads. You figure they could click on the ads and get hired as a protester to really prove something, but no.

Speaking of anonymous craigslist ads. "Demand Protest" was such an obviously fake company that the right-wing news sites who are trying to be somewhat reputable wouldn't touch it. http://sfist.com/2017/01/17/demand_prot ... ake_co.php & http://www.infowars.com/report-grassroo ... uguration/

Violent protesters in Chicago has denied that they were paid to dislike Trump in a violent manner (https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/2016102 ... ry-clinton) & (http://uproxx.com/news/chicago-protesto ... k-trump/2/) though Moveon.org admits helping make some signs! Is this the smoking gun? (http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/12/politics/ ... ald-trump/)

A major (and only) source for the idea that Trump protesters in Chicago were hired by craigslist is Roger Stone, who is a professional campaign manager and was on the Trump payroll at the time. So not the most reliable of sources, but good enough for the likes of Ann Coulter.

--
That's a few Google pages in. Can you tell me if I missed something reputable?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12688  (isolation #687)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:57 pm

In post 12676, Sesq wrote:kyle kulinski said it

Oops. Missed this. But.. Nothing really turns up. I learned Kyle Kulinski is a radio host and started up a Justice Democrats organization. Seems like a very liberal person. But I have no idea what you're referring to.

Obviously Google is in on the conspiracy to hide specific news from people searching for it.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12691  (isolation #688)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:04 pm

In post 12690, Sesq wrote:I was specifically talking about the Veritas videos so that's what I meant

On the politifact article it actually seems to be the case that those people were in fact doing shit, but trump was def. overexxagerating about the content. the videos are edited and mckeefe definitely does have an agenda but that really doesn't change some of the shit that was said, no amount of editing can really affect that. Here's some direct quotes from Foval (who was working for Democracy Partners, who was working for the DNC).

"If you’re there and you’re protesting and you do these actions, you will be attacked at Trump rallies. That’s what we want. The whole point of it is, we know Trump’s people will freak the fuck out, the security team will freak out, and his supporters will lose their shit."

"There’s a script. There’s a script of engagement. Sometimes the crazies bite, and the crazies don’t bite."

"The key is initiating the conflict by having leading conversations with people who are naturally psychotic. I mean honestly, it is not hard to get some of these assholes to pop off. It’s a matter of showing up, to want to get in the rally in a Planned Parenthood T-shirt. Or Trump is a Nazi. You can message to draw them out and message them to punch you."

you can't just edit that shit in, man. there are things going on here

however, their goals here seem to be to provoke trump supporters in order to paint them in a bad light, which is not what I originally believed. they also said in the video i think that since trump holds his stuff in private venues, they cant get these paid guys inside so they just hang around the lines.

so yeah, there's shit going on, not what i originally thought, but hey, the more you know

Okay. From my general understanding, at the time Project Veritas obtained this footage, Foval thought that he was talking to a prospective big donor. So is there any proof he wasn't just trying to say whatever the person wanted to hear? Is there anything linking the "here's the thing we're gonna do (or the things we did)" with proof that it was actually done that way?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12695  (isolation #689)  » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:50 pm

In post 12692, Sesq wrote:good questions

can you elaborate on what you mean by perspective big donor and why this is what they would want to hear

Okay. This may be really stupid, but I've noticed that usually O'Keefe (or his reporter) will pose as a potential donor to get their undercover footage.

So what if undercover donor (UD) sets up a "I'm thinking about donating big X amount, but I'm not sure if you guys are anti-Trump enough. Keep in mind I really, really hate Trump and I think that we might lose if we just safely play by the rules all the time. Elections are won with underhanded tactics." Then the guy whose job depends on how much money they bring in will start telling the camera exactly what it wants to hear: "Oh yeah, it doesn't matter what the friggin legal and ethics people say, we need to win this motherfucker." (actual quote)

Of course, I could be totally wrong. But here's an article on Alan Schulkin, the NY Board of Election Commissioner and the subject of that third video you posted a ways back. http://nypost.com/2016/10/11/elections- ... d-program/

He doesn't really come off as a guy who was regretful of much of what he said, but notice the last part.
He recalled a woman asking him a lot of questions the night he was recorded.

“She was like a nuisance. I was just trying to placate her,” he said.

That makes sense. You tell the fervent believer what they want to hear, especially if you're trying to get money from them.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12714  (isolation #690)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:13 pm

In post 12699, Accountant wrote:why do people have this blind hatred of corporations and government

Someday you'll grow up and gain the experience of dealing with both. Then you'll understand.

Until then, take it to your utopia thread.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12722  (isolation #691)  » Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:57 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12737  (isolation #692)  » Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:59 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12745  (isolation #693)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 2:14 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12755  (isolation #694)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:18 pm

In post 12752, theplague42 wrote:
In post 12750, Sesq wrote:an accusation is not evidence

do you remember iraq

I don't see how they are comparable.

Yeah, unless I missed something, nobody is pushing to invade Russia or charge anyone with a crime.

But some clues were left behind indicating that the hackers either had ties to Russia or at least spoke Russian. So it's worth investigating and Russia is definitely a "person of interest".

https://theintercept.com/2016/12/14/her ... ot-enough/

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12757  (isolation #695)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:29 pm

In post 12756, Sesq wrote:"its not enough"

Sure, you're entitled to that opinion. None of us are cyber-criminologists.

Overall though, what is your opinion of Trump's relationship with Russia?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12820  (isolation #696)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:21 pm

In post 12758, Sesq wrote:
In post 12757, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12756, Sesq wrote:"its not enough"

Sure, you're entitled to that opinion. None of us are cyber-criminologists.

Overall though, what is your opinion of Trump's relationship with Russia?

it's kind of stupid

its hard to say when the facts about it are obscured by bullshit but like, i'd rather them be not wanting to go to war i guess?

Well, that's a really strong false dichotomy.

There seems to be a lot of separate accusations going on. So let's run through them.

"Russia hacks DNC" - I already posted a link. There's enough to be suspicious, but not enough to accuse. Wait, Trump also thinks that Russia hacked DNC (http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/11/politics/ ... th-russia/).

"Trump encouraged Russians to hack DNC" -- Trump did publicly call for Russia to hack Clinton (http://www.politico.com/story/2016/07/t ... hip-226282). I doubt that he was making an open-air signal. But goddamn that's a dumb thing to do.

"Trump owes Russia money" -- Nothing concrete here. (Independent UK article) Trump businesses do own a lot of money around the world and Trump never released his tax forms (he lied and said he would). He also never turned over his business interests to a blind trust and his kids and heavily involved in politics (cronyism). But, no. Nothing definitive. But the press definitely need to dig more into Trump's business interest conflicts. Trump has had a lot of Russian money invested into his businesses over the years.

"Paul Manafort" -- Trump's former campaign manager had previously helped advise Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych who is known to have strong ties with Putin.

"Michael Flynn" -- The former national security advisor apparently was taking money from and discussing policy with Russia and lied about it to US officials. Very shady stuff.

I agree that none of this is a smoking gun, but the fact that Trump often praises Putin in public, is one of the least transparent presidents, and is throws a hissy fit of denials and accusations of "Fake News!" about it when the press asks questions just gives me the feeling that not everything is kosher.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12823  (isolation #697)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:30 pm

In post 12762, James3 wrote:
In post 12761, theplague42 wrote:In addition, as KK pointed out, we want actual investigation to clear the air and figure out what's going on.

What does it matter if the Russians were the ones who let us know what a crook Hillary was?

Ugh. I hate these types of comments. It betrays that one has absolute confidence in their opinion, but no understanding of politics at all.

Just busy sawing at the nose to spite the face.

In post 12776, James3 wrote:
In post 12773, theplague42 wrote:Question for you guys who say Russia did the right thing
This is somewhere between a red herring and a strawman. Them being right or not isn't pertinent to American interests, what matters is that hacking a private computer that isn't part of critical infrastructure isn't remotely a serious national issue.

Ugh. Reminds me of that other guy who could never accuse people of using logical fallacies correctly.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12824  (isolation #698)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:34 pm

In post 12784, theplague42 wrote:
In post 12783, James3 wrote:I have Franco as my avatar because I admire him, he was a good ruler.

This explains so much.

Wasn't Franco allied with Axis powers during WWII?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12826  (isolation #699)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:12 pm

In post 12805, T S O wrote:I guess if you consider Ben Shapiro on John Oliver comedy, there is. I think I said before when Sanders debated Cruz that rape was illegal, but again YouTube seem to be perfectly fine with John getting thoroughly violated.

Wow. I've never listened to Ben Shapiro before. Does he get paid by the ad hominem?

"[Samantha Bee] and Trevor Noah are going to have a cage match next week to determine who is the least funny person in human history. Both of them, I believe, beat Stalin for the title"

Good lord that's awful nonsensical commentary. Please don't tell me you listen to this for the comedy, T S O.

"Clip of John Oliver"

Immediate response from Shapiro: NO U!

Reads information from the American Pregnancy Center which is listed a non-profit that doesn't have ads or request donations. Hmm. Red Flag. Bit of Googling and yup, it's a Crisis Pregnancy Center. A front for the pro-life movement. So either Shapiro can't research properly or he straight up lies to his audience.

Neverminding that, Oliver was mocking how Trump described partial-birth abortion as "doctors ripping the babies out of wombs days before birth." Which is absolutely and horrifically incorrect. Shapiro rebuts by reading a definition of partial-birth abortion, but calls it "Late-term abortion" (NOTE: THESE ARE TWO SEPARATE THINGS). Partial-birth abortion is ALREADY ILLEGAL in the US. But yeah. Fuck facts, let's mock Oliver accent some more. Woo! Destroyed him!

I really don't care to enter into a debate about abortion. But Shapiro sucks. His Sheldon-esque delivery is grating, his "jokes" aren't, and you can't attack people for being wrong if you yourself are MORE wrong. You should listen/watch people who can get basic facts right instead. Like John Oliver.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12828  (isolation #700)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:29 pm

In post 12814, T S O wrote:I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Samantha Bee, for example, shoots footage for like three hours, clips about four minutes and just discards all the rational arguments to get her nice succinct "conservatives are braindead rednecks" video out in time. I don't have the source to hand, but there you go.

1) Nobody made the assertion that they only get news from late night comedy shows. You're making that argument out of thin air.
2) Late night comedy shows are not attempting to do journalism. Don't hold them up to a journalistic standard.
3) Why would a comedy show air 3 hours of boring unfunny footage?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12829  (isolation #701)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:48 pm

In post 12827, Shaziro wrote:I mean, to be fair, Oliver makes jokes at the expense of the person rather than their argument/what they did that was objectionable a lot. Things like him razzing Jill Stein's band and whatnot. It's just for comedic effect. That said, Shapiro does shame the Sha_iro family.

Yeah, Oliver takes many, many potshots. But he doesn't take people to task unless he (and his writers) have thoroughly researched a subject as much as possible.
I know T S O isn't going to watch Oliver's take against payday loans, drones, Municipal violations, FIFA, Chicken contract farming, or multi-level marketing (Amway), but he should. He'd find that he likely agrees with Oliver on a lot of topics.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12845  (isolation #702)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:04 pm

In post 12844, Fluminator wrote:Department of Energy - Don't know anything about them.

I think I should think less of you for not knowing what the Dept of Energy is, but that actually puts you on par with Rick Perry.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12847  (isolation #703)  » Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:11 pm

In post 12846, Fluminator wrote:I don't know anything about how corrupt they are. I know who they are.

Ok, good. Sorry.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12889  (isolation #704)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:14 pm

UT is wandering into that abyss.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12914  (isolation #705)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:05 pm

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/sean-sp ... -for-them/

Trump on Tuesday denounced hate crimes against Jewish people, but the Center noted in a statement that the president’s remarks had come woefully late.

“His statement today is a pathetic asterisk of condescension after weeks in which he and his staff have committed grotesque acts and omissions reflecting anti-Semitism, yet day after day have refused to apologize and correct the record,” the statement said. “Make no mistake: The Antisemitism coming out of this Administration is the worst we have ever seen from any Administration.”

During the White House press conference on Tuesday, Spicer complained that Trump’s actions were “never good enough” for organizations like the Anne Frank Center.

Oof. That's pathetic. I guess that's what people want.

A politically correct administration would have acknowledged the Center's comments and said something like "It's unfortunate that they believe that, I think he's done great work to reduce Anti-Semitism and..." Y'know, a positive spin.

But, no. Some people wanted a politically incorrect administration, so we get an administration that bitches about those whiny Jews who never stop talking about genocide and stuff.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12918  (isolation #706)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:27 pm

In post 12915, James3 wrote:People are tired of being required to continually prostrate themselves before designated victim groups for the crime of being distantly related to designated bad guys.

P.S. Anyone who honestly believes that Trump holds forbidden opinions about Jews is literally delusional.

Yeah, following a rise in anti-semitism (11 bomb threats and a graveyard desecration) Trump gives a speech that consists of a lackluster "Hey, that's bad. Something should be done about that." Not exactly a rousing call to end those "forbidden opinions".

I don't think Trump is anti-semitic. But he's had a really soft pro-semitic message in the face of racist support.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12919  (isolation #707)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:29 pm

In post 12917, Sesq wrote:When did anyone in the administration say anything anti-semitic? As for them denouncing it, it's an obvious move that they'd make but I think it's late due to them caring more about being rich greedy assholes than any racial groups.

...? It's in the part I quoted.
Spicer complained that Trump’s actions were “never good enough” for organizations like the Anne Frank Center.

That's a pretty fucked up opinion to have, let alone say to the media.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12920  (isolation #708)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:37 pm

In post 12915, James3 wrote:P.S. Anyone who honestly believes that Trump holds forbidden opinions about Jews is literally delusional.

Also, that's amazing. That's the same type of response Trump gave at that first press conference.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/17/us/p ... -turx.html

“Despite what some of my colleagues may have been reporting, I haven’t seen anybody in my community accuse either yourself or anyone on your staff of being anti-Semitic. We understand that you have Jewish grandchildren. You are their zayde,” which is Yiddish for “grandfather” and often a word of great affection.

At that Mr. Trump nodded slightly, and said, “thank you.”

“However,” Mr. Turx continued, “what we are concerned about and what we haven’t really heard being addressed is an uptick in anti-Semitism and how the government is planning to take care of it. There’s been a report out that 48 bomb threats have been made against Jewish centers all across the country in the last couple of weeks. There are people committing anti-Semitic acts or threatening to——”

At that, Mr. Trump interrupted, saying it was “not a fair question.”

“Sit down,” the president commanded. “I understand the rest of your question.”

As Mr. Turx took his seat, Mr. Trump said, “So here’s the story, folks. No. 1, I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life. No. 2, racism, the least racist person.”

Essentially: "Hey, I know you're not anti-semitic, but could you address the rise of anti-semitism in your country" "Sit down and shut up. I am the least anti-semitic person in the country."

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12922  (isolation #709)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:58 pm

In post 12921, Sesq wrote:
In post 12919, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 12917, Sesq wrote:When did anyone in the administration say anything anti-semitic? As for them denouncing it, it's an obvious move that they'd make but I think it's late due to them caring more about being rich greedy assholes than any racial groups.

...? It's in the part I quoted.
Spicer complained that Trump’s actions were “never good enough” for organizations like the Anne Frank Center.

That's a pretty fucked up opinion to have, let alone say to the media.

No, they're just claiming antisemitism without examples or evidence.

No, they are doing the opposite. Their message to Trump is "We know you're not anti-semitic, but there is a rise in anti-semitism and you don't seem to be doing anything about it" and Trump's administration's response is "Hey, stop calling us anti-Semitic, nothing is good enough for you people."

Politically it's a softball thing to stand up against anti-semitism in this country. Trump is whiffing on it. It's sad.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12925  (isolation #710)  » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:06 pm

In post 12924, James3 wrote:People who like Trump like the fact that he doesn't jump through these sort of hoops on call. People who dislike him wouldn't' dislike him less if he did. So he has no reason to.

Why? It's obvious from their statement that it's a leftist hack organization, why should they be respected?

Oh hey. You just gave up the right to whine about any negative press coverage or reaction to Trump.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12948  (isolation #711)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:49 am

Hey, remember when I made a big post where I looked into all the claims of people being paid to protest?

Well, Arizona legislators aren't capable of my due diligence and are looking to pass a law where they can seize money and property of anyone that is involved in planning any demonstration that leads to a riot. Their reasoning is that they have to stop people whose full time job is to create disturbances.

Opposition (mostly democrats) absolutely and correctly point out the massive flaws in the bill that is extremely short-sighted and insanely unconstitutional.

http://azcapitoltimes.com/news/2017/02/ ... n-protests

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #12977  (isolation #712)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 12:19 pm

Guys. You can't have a reasonable discussion with someone incapable believing that they could be wrong.

Foe them.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13001  (isolation #713)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:05 pm

In post 12992, James3 wrote:People who organize riots should face a lot wore than financial liability.

Arizona is spot on here though.

Nobody organizes riots.

Do people show up to protests with the intention to riot? Absolutely, yes. Some people love to start shit and have nothing to lose so they go be anarchists. And that is a legitimate problem and there are laws against what those people individually do and if they get caught they will be punished.

Now what Arizona is doing is trying to hold the organizers responsible for the actions of all the people that turn out and that's ridiculous. Two things are going to happen.
1) People are going to show up to protests that they disagree with and start shit to get the organizers in trouble. "What's that? Protesting an abortion clinic? Let me break some car windows nearby to jail your leader and make it cost prohibitive for you to do it again."
2) People will simply stop getting permits to hold lawful protests, which means we'll have nothing but unlawful protests which means they are probably more likely to riot and the problem isn't solved.

Either way it's a law that designed to impede and stifle the right to free speech and the right to peaceably assemble. It's as un-American as it gets.

How can you possible support it? Would it be a good law if it was used against you? What if Democrats had suggested it to stop Tea Party rallies?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13003  (isolation #714)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:13 pm

Yeah, but there are already laws against that. Using racketeering laws to punish the person who got the permit doesn't make those people stop.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13005  (isolation #715)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 6:27 pm

In post 13004, Shaziro wrote:True, I was just pointing out that saying "Nobody organizes riots" isn't really accurate.

Oh sure. That's more of what I was trying to say with the second sentence.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13008  (isolation #716)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:11 pm

In post 13006, James3 wrote:A top Democratic operative was caught on video last year admitting that they paid people to engage in acts of violence at Trump's rallies. There's no reason to suppose that isn't a common tactic on the left.

Let's add a little asterisk to the "caught on video" part. He was "caught" by a person who has a long documented history of manipulating people to say things, then editing video to put it in a different context. It has been been verified or corroborated by any other source at any time. The only evidence you have of this is the word of a proven (in court, multiple times) liar.

And just casually associating all of "the left" with the tactic of violence is insanely insulting. How would you like it if I said "Remember when a conservative shot up a black church? There's no reason to support that isn't a common tactic of the right"? Just because you disagree with a group doesn't mean you need to be a condescending dick.

Moreover, it's perfectly reasonable to require people doing something they need permission for to accept financial liability for harm caused.

No, it's finding someone guilty for someone else's crimes. You're forcing the person applying for a permit to be financially responsible for the actions of a public group. They can't reasonably be expected to vouch for the character and actions of everyone that shows up for a PUBLIC protest. So therefore it abridges the ability to peacefully protest. It's unconstitutional. Period.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13009  (isolation #717)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:14 pm

In post 13007, T S O wrote:I've seen many election night videos, but this may be the sweetest one yet. Does anyone actually like the Young Turks?

Yeah, it's like the past 4 months never happened. Better times then.

(I don't watch/read Young Turks)

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13010  (isolation #718)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:27 pm

In post 13008, Kublai Khan wrote:Let's add a little asterisk to the "caught on video" part. He was "caught" by a person who has a long documented history of manipulating people to say things, then editing video to put it in a different context. It has been been verified or corroborated by any other source at any time. The only evidence you have of this is the word of a proven (in court, multiple times) liar.

Okay, last word on O'Keefe.

If you believe any of the Project Veritas videos, you need to read this: http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/ ... gs-himself

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13018  (isolation #719)  » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:34 pm

In post 13013, James3 wrote:I don't care about whether it's constitutional.
In post 13016, James3 wrote:
In post 13014, Dwlee99 wrote:The rights protected by the bill of rights are extremely essential for democracies to function.
A very good argument for getting rid of them.
Okay. That was brief. I think we're done here.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13027  (isolation #720)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:38 pm

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... r-briefing

Weak administration dodges questions and the people that ask them. CNN, The New York Times, The Hill, Politico, BuzzFeed, the Daily Mail, BBC, the Los Angeles Times and the New York Daily News not invited to attend a Q&A with Spicer

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13029  (isolation #721)  » Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:47 pm

In post 13028, Papa Zito wrote:
After some reporters voiced their frustrated with the arrangement

is editing really so hard?

Fake grammar.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13044  (isolation #722)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:21 am

In post 13032, xRECKONERx wrote:i think it's trump being whiny as fuck

i think maybe bannon is like "Hey um we should ban these people" because Bannon has plans

this article in my local paper sums up my thoughts on it pretty well

most GOP know bannon is batshit and has to go at some point

I guess we hold on and hope we don't get too hurt in the dismantling. Republicans aren't known for their wisdom.

I'm just looking forward the pendulum swinging back.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13047  (isolation #723)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:57 pm

In post 13046, Katsuki wrote:You make it sound as if the Democrats are known for their wisdom. I wonder who it was that reduced the senate voting threshold down from 60 to a simple majority

Well, democrats are known for their lack of backbone. :roll:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13048  (isolation #724)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:01 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/w ... -fake-news

Donald Trump wrote:“A few days ago I called the fake news the enemy of the people and they are. They are the enemy of the people,” he said. “Because they have no sources, they just make them up when there are none. I saw one story recently where they said nine people have confirmed. There are no nine people. I don't believe there was one or two people. Nine people. And I said, 'give me a break,' because I know the people. I know who they talked to.”

:facepalm:

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13056  (isolation #725)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:08 pm

In post 13054, Sesq wrote:
In post 13053, Dwlee99 wrote:What is your definition of fake news?
news that is fake

like cnn saying it was illegal to read wikileaks

Tell me more about this. Was it an organized campaign to misinform the public (ie. repeated by multiple hosts over a stretch of time) or was it just one person who got it wrong in one segment?

Where's the line between getting a single fact wrong and deliberately making up false stories with an agenda?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13057  (isolation #726)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:13 pm

Shit, you have more evidence that CNN is deliberate trying to mislead viewers away from correct geography than the wikileaks thing.

(Not even all that exist out there, google "CNN geography")

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13059  (isolation #727)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:29 pm

In post 13058, Sesq wrote:
In post 13056, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 13054, Sesq wrote:
In post 13053, Dwlee99 wrote:What is your definition of fake news?
news that is fake

like cnn saying it was illegal to read wikileaks
Tell me more about this. Was it an organized campaign to misinform the public (ie. repeated by multiple hosts over a stretch of time) or was it just one person who got it wrong in one segment?

Where's the line between getting a single fact wrong and deliberately making up false stories with an agenda?
its still fake news regardless of the existence of an agenda

but they definitely have/had one against trump

Well, you've definitely repeated that several times. Is it weird to strongly believe something to be true, but not have the ability to offer evidence and convince someone else?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13060  (isolation #728)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 4:43 pm

In post 13049, Albert B. Rampage wrote:DJT: fake news is the enemy of the people
media: trump calls media the enemy of the people

Congratulations, you played yourself

Woah! Who is that emerging from the shadows? Oh! It's Albert B. Rampage! What a blast from the past! Why I remember him as this guy:
In post 5521, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 5475, Kublai Khan wrote:Oh, it's not a melt down. I just don't want you scurrying into the shadows like a Dubya voter. You're Trump's Press Secretary liaison for mafiascum.net. You and ABR.

Stay. And explain. And defend. And justify. Because there's gonna be some bad shit coming down the pipes. And you're going to own that shit.

Mission accepted

Mission fucking dodged and abandoned.

Explain to me the relationship between Trump and Russia. Since all you can do lately is bitch and whine about bad coverage, how about you clearly, concisely, and unambiguously explain Trump's connection to Russia? You can even be condescending if you want. (I know you didn't need my permission, you were going to be anyways.)

Keep in mind that I do plan on asking some followup questions.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13062  (isolation #729)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:11 pm

In post 13055, Dwlee99 wrote:Well some people have said that "fake news" to them is just news that is biased, and that is a lot different then what my definition of fake news would be, which is stories that are fabricated and made up. CNN saying it was illegal to read wikileaks is obviously not right, but to deem all of CNN as "fake news" based off of this one thing is silly. The stories they cover are almost all factual therefore calling them fake news is silly. Obviously the stories they cover and the way they cover them are biased but fake isn't a proper label for that.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13064  (isolation #730)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:21 pm

In post 13063, inte wrote:link 2 fake news stories from NBC News, ABC News, CBS please

http://imgur.com/gallery/eW94y

Wait, no. That's pro-Trump Fox News fake news. Sorry.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13067  (isolation #731)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:17 pm

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13072  (isolation #732)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:43 pm

In post 13070, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
President Donald J. Trump wrote:I will not be attending the White House Correspondents' Association Dinner this year. Please wish everyone well and have a great evening!

Fake news BTFO!

"Fake news" is the new "nattering nabobs of negativity".

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13073  (isolation #733)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:47 pm

In post 13066, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Obama left a mess with the bailouts, the debt, and the economy is artificially inflated because the banks knew Obama would save them on the back of American taxpayers.

I'm sorry, who bailed out the banks?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13085  (isolation #734)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:12 pm

In post 13074, Albert B. Rampage wrote:He withdrew from TPP

Obama gave up on it before Trump got in office

In post 13074, Albert B. Rampage wrote:asked Israel's moderate governing party to stop building new settlements against the wishes of Israel's right leaning party

This technically broke Trump's campaign promises as he's continuing Obama's policy.

stopped the government from growing bigger with a hiring freeze

aka making government more inefficient.

In post 13074, Albert B. Rampage wrote:is working on stopping human and child trafficking

Ok sure. They've mentioned it once ("We've got to do something about this!" and... that's it. Did I miss something?

In post 13074, Albert B. Rampage wrote:re-negotiated prices with Lockheed Martin and Boeing

Trump bought planes in bulk. The price saving was already built into a pre-existing contract.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13086  (isolation #735)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:17 pm

In post 13078, Albert B. Rampage wrote:I mean Bush, Obama, Clinton, what difference does it make, they're all puppets of the same corporatist master

This comment puts you on the level of an edgy teenager who is carving an anarchy symbol into his binder because his mom won't let him get a mohawk.

Sorry I asked you to discuss politics, ABR. This has been a waste of my time.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13091  (isolation #736)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 7:22 pm

In post 13077, ɀefiend wrote:If you aren't invited to the WH press conference, "freedom of the press" isn't being infringed on. It just means the WH considers you a shitty press organization.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13112  (isolation #737)  » Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:52 pm

In post 13111, Psyche wrote:in fact i bet i can show you evidence the public trusts a lot of those media outlets more than they do a lot of people in the trump administration

You can. I'm pretty sure it will be argued that polls have no credibility unless they show Trump as popular.

Cult logic.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13133  (isolation #738)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:05 am

In post 13124, Katsuki wrote:If only everyone could win as much as Trump and ABR!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13137  (isolation #739)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:51 pm

In post 13136, Panzerjager wrote:But an actual "winning" meme tho?

But I'm using a bad meme to point out a bad meme. It's the only possible good use of a bad meme.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13138  (isolation #740)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:38 pm

In post 13066, Albert B. Rampage wrote:So far, DJT has done everything to keep his promises, and I couldn't be any happier.

What were the two big ones? The ones that were slogans and shouted?

"Lock her up" and "Drain the swamp"? How are those working out?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13150  (isolation #741)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:09 pm

In post 13144, T S O wrote:Everyone on this forum dug their head in the sand when that video was released and used the most cursory bullshit to hand wave it away. You're just as bad as any Trump supporters you vilify for ignoring facts that don't fit their agenda.

"Look, the first 7 times the kid shouted 'Wolf', it was completely made up and he laughed at us. But this time it's totally legit!"

Sorry, but James O'Keefe regularly does two things: 1) Promises to donate a ton of money to organizations if they tell his operative what they want to hear and 2) selectively edits videos to make the subject look as bad as possible.

Nobody has ever corroborated his stories and he is a documented liar. Using his videos as evidence of anything is like saying that magic is real because of a Criss Angel video.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13152  (isolation #742)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:44 pm

In post 13142, T S O wrote:I don't think Trump should have stopped the BBC. I do think that CNN, NYT and BuzzFeed deserve to be permanently frozen out.

Some questions for you, TSO..

Do you think the press should only write positive news about a sitting president?
What stories are appropriate for the press to write about sitting presidents?
Should the press investigate allegations of corruption in the executive branch?
Do the people have a right to know if their president isn't working in their best interests?
Do you think that a sitting president would be forthcoming to the press with information that could damage him politically and/or financially?
Do you think a press secretary would be forthcoming to the press with information that could damage the president politically and/or financially?
Should the press attempt to talk to other people employed by the government to try to learn information that wouldn't be forthcoming?
Should the press identify everyone they talked to in every negative story about the president?
If the press identifies every source, wouldn't that put the source in danger of retaliation?
If the press can't protect sources, why would anyone divulge any information to the press?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13154  (isolation #743)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:54 pm

In post 13148, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 13142, T S O wrote:I don't think Trump should have stopped the BBC. I do think that CNN, NYT and BuzzFeed deserve to be permanently frozen out. How the fuck do BuzzFeed even have a news arm?

BBC isn't "banned," none of these organizations have their reporting power "interfered" with, and absolutely nobody's rights were "infringed" on.

Trump's biggest issue is that those news sources aren't reporting "his side" of things. How can these news organizations possibly report Trump's side if he refuses to give it to them?

Follow up, if Trump's version of events differs from the evidence of what actually happened (ie "I had the biggest inauguration crowd", "no rain during inauguration", "3 million illegal voters in California", etc.), how are the reporters supposed to deal with it? Should they just be aiding Spicer in lying to the public or should they call out the Trump administration as being misinformed at best and liars at worst?

Additional follow up, why do you trust an administration that lies so casually about mundane things and responds to scrutiny by hiding from people asking questions?

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13158  (isolation #744)  » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:37 pm

In post 13155, Annadog40 wrote:Rather have them as liers than misinformed.

Sadly, both is possible.

{in response to being told he was wrong about the scope of his electoral college victory} “I was given that information; I don’t know,” the president said, adding: “Actually, I’ve seen that information around. But it was a very substantial victory, would you agree with that?”

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13185  (isolation #745)  » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:39 pm

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/dc/trump-h ... omplicated

President Donald Trump told a bipartisan group of governors at a White House reception Monday morning that GOP tax reform would have to wait for lawmakers to move on repealing Obamacare, cautioning that, "Nobody knew that health care could be so complicated."

"I have to tell you, it's an unbelievably complex subject," Trump said.

For fuck's sake...

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13187  (isolation #746)  » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Oh hey, there was a page here and Psyche posted the same thing I did. Sorry Psyche!

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13188  (isolation #747)  » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:51 pm

In post 13168, Untrod Tripod wrote:it's unflattering to the Trump administration, so obviously it's fake news

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13199  (isolation #748)  » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:28 pm

In post 13194, James3 wrote:Ideally, the press should be operated by the state, so criticism of a sitting president should be disallowed

Way overdue. I'm going to set James3 to ignore. He is a silly person.

Kublai Khan
Khan Man

Post Post #13206  (isolation #749)  » Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:49 pm

In post 13205, Ingeel wrote:
In post 13203, Ingeel wrote:
In post 13157, Psyche wrote:
In post 13141, T S O wrote:You've had the pendulum on your side for the last 10 years. Why would you think it's coming back any time soon?

Donald Trump has a lower approval rating than any modern president has ever had at this point in their presidencies. Presidents usually peak at the start of their terms, but Donald can hardly break 50%. His was the biggest popular vote loss of anybody who became president anyway. For these reasons especially it's easy to guess that his hold on the country is more tenuous than, say, Obama's.
False. In the 1920's(or around that time) there was a 16 mil v 9 mil popular vote. I believe it was Hughes.

Certainly more than 2.2 million
Time period was way off but that's definitely not true

1) What are you talking about?
2) There never was a President "Hughes"
3) In any time period.
4) Nobody ever lost by 7 million in the popular vote and still won an election (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... pular_vote)
5) What the hell are you talking about?

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion