Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Pronoun: He

Post Post #10540  (isolation #200)  » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:08 pm

In post 10539, karnos wrote:
In post 10536, Psyche wrote:i wanna help all the people u listed karnos :(

The awesome thing is, YOU CAN. There is nothing stopping private individuals from spending their money on a charity of their choosing.

But if it's tax dollars, it should help the people who pay those taxes first, before going to support people in other countries who have never paid into the system.

So you favor a drastic reduction in military spending in favor of social programs?
I am the devil, and I'm here to do the devil's business.

The cruelest trick the devil pulled was convincing us that there was ever hope.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10630  (isolation #201)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:28 pm

In post 10603, karnos wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4001266/The-victim-Merkel-s-welcome-culture-Death-teenager-raped-murdered-Afghan-migrant-Germany-sparks-protests-latest-backlash-against-open-door-policy.html

The savage rape and murder of a beautiful 19-year-old medical student in Germany at the hands of a teenage Afghan refugee has sparked a frenzied backlash against the 'open door' asylum policy of Chancellor Angela Merkel.

"There is nothing anybody could have done!"

Well, yeah: you could just not go in the pool (i.e., stop taking on refugees)

We could just stop invading brown people nations and creating refugees

I suppose if we executed the homeless, the rate of mugging a might go down and if we burned down the housing projects, the rate of robbery would go down. Oh hey, then those people would be homeless and we can execute them! Brilliant!

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10652  (isolation #202)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:12 pm

In post 10649, inte wrote:its so sad watching karnos post because he can't put two ideas together but at the same time interesting because he can completely sidestep any rational criticism without effort

It's like watching someone piss on a car accident

You kinda just watch and wonder what the fuck he's doing, but you can't stop watching because who the hell does that

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10709  (isolation #203)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:23 pm

In post 10696, inte wrote:the point i was making is that most of the makup of voat are out of touch with life degenerates who would believe in some crazy shit like pizzagate and an armed gunman showed up. its the status quo for losers like that

don't be dragging degenerates into this

I'm a degenerate and even I don't touch voat with a ten foot pole

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10715  (isolation #204)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:08 am

In post 10714, Accountant wrote:
In post 10713, Not_Mafia wrote:Do you consider Bush and Cheney war criminals Accountant?

The International Criminal Court is the court that prosecutes law criminals. They have not prosecuted Bush and Cheney. Hence, Bush and Cheney are not war criminals.

Was OJ a murderer?

Or Chris Benoit?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10716  (isolation #205)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:10 am

I feel like there's a distinction between a criminal and a convicted criminal.

A murderer who escapes justice his entire life is still a murderer.

A war criminal who falsifies testimony to Congress to justify a war is still a war criminal, he just isn't a convicted war criminal.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10718  (isolation #206)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:17 am

In post 10717, zoraster wrote:Also that statement kinda misunderstands international law.

Right, I mean, there was a reason the Bush Administration didn't consider the "enemy combatants" to be "soldiers." It was a very deliberate choice to skirt the Geneva Conventions because terrorists aren't considered fighting on behalf of any nation.

But yeah, you can invade a sovereign nation for pretty much any bullshit reason you want as long as you're willing to deal with the fallout from the international community. The International Court doesn't look at that. Now, if you were to invade a sovereign nation with an army of child soldiers, then yes, you'd be tried as a war criminal.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10720  (isolation #207)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:34 am

In post 10719, zoraster wrote:Well, also the ICC doesn't have jurisdiction over the US because the US hasn't ratified the Rome Statute.

I forgot about that, I was too busy remembering that Obama reinstated aide to nations using Child Soldiers

see, shit like that, the GOP could have EASILY attacked him on and yet they attacked him for way less

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10763  (isolation #208)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 pm

In post 10755, Accountant wrote:Price isn't corrupt until he's convicted.

Price isn't corrupt until he's convicted.

Again, OJ was acquitted, but even by his own words he committed the murder.

Is he not a murderer?

I mean, you're making me defend karnos here so let me be clear

WHETHER OR NOT YOU GET CAUGHT OR CONVICTED HAS NO FUCKING BEARING ON WHETHER OR NOT YOU DID SOMETHING WRONG.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10764  (isolation #209)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:25 pm

Like, let's put this in simple terms. Suppose I jump you in an alley, wearing a mask, and just beat the dog piss out of you with a metal pipe while whispering "I'm kuribo."

The cops can't prove I did it because I have an alibi. So, they never convict me.

Did I still do something wrong? Am I still a violent menace to society? By your logic, no. I'm not. I deserve to be called innocent because I managed to avoid justice.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10786  (isolation #210)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:13 pm

I don't consider myself a liberal anymore just because the left has shifted what it means to be liberal

I now consider myself a left-leaning moderate, socially progressive, fiscally conservative. The laissez-fair capitalists and left-communists bot have ideals I don't like. The Christian Right disgusts me, but the regressive elements of some on the left also disgust me. I disagree with how the left treats Islam with kid gloves, but how the right treats Christianity as an improvement. I don't support unions, but I support increased government oversight which makes unions unnecessary. I believe in decriminalized drugs, but I'm disgusted by addicts. I believe in holding police accountable, but I believe an anti-police attitude is harmful to society at large. I believe the death penalty is barbaric, but I believe there are crimes worthy of death. I believe in a faster track for legal immigration, but I also believe in integrating into our society.

In short I'm comfortable with my hypocrisies in my viewpoints.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10791  (isolation #211)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:48 pm

In post 10787, theplague42 wrote:Are you me? (except unions; I like unions)

I believe they're largely unnecessary in an era where government oversight and OSHA exist.

I also believe they lead to corruption at the top level by union bosses who exploit the workers just as readily as the corporations do.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10798  (isolation #212)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:26 pm

In post 10795, theplague42 wrote:SJW is a pejorative term that arose on the internet to refer to feminists, etc. (many of whom are just edgy teenagers tbh) who are loud on social media.

No, it refers to a specific subset of feminists / "progressives."

There is a significant difference between a feminist and a radfem.

There's a difference between an ally to people of color and some dipshit who posts things like "US WHITE PEOPLE DESERVE GENOCIDE AM I RIGHT MY CRUSTY MAYO FRIENDS"

One is trying to enact true change and social justice. The other is just virtue signalling.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10806  (isolation #213)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:21 pm

In post 10800, Sesq wrote:I wouldn't call them virtue signalers, I'd call them fucking racists, because that's what they are.

I'd agree there, a lot of "SJW" types have, whether inadvertently or not, set themselves forward as the White Saviors of people who don't seem to need them to speak for them. IE, telling people what they should be offended by. I've even seen some of them refer to black dissenters as "Uncle Tom." As if you could get any more racist than a fucking white person calling a black person Uncle Tom just because they're not offended by the same things. Nevermind the fact that they perpetuate stereotypes why screeching about ending stereotypes.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10811  (isolation #214)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:27 pm

In post 10808, Davsto wrote:The only issue with the term "SJW" is that a lot of more right-aligned people just use it as a catch-all derogatory term to discredit the opinion of anyone further left than they are, so now 90% of the time I see someone describing others as being SJWs I immediately disregard it unless it's actually been explained and expanded upon.

The same could be argued for accusations of racism / sexism from the far left. Or at the very least, "cultural appropriation," which does exist but not nearly on the scale Tumblr would have one believe.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10813  (isolation #215)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:44 pm

In post 10807, Sesq wrote:
In post 10806, kuribo wrote:
In post 10800, Sesq wrote:I wouldn't call them virtue signalers, I'd call them fucking racists, because that's what they are.

I'd agree there, a lot of "SJW" types have, whether inadvertently or not, set themselves forward as the White Saviors of people who don't seem to need them to speak for them. IE, telling people what they should be offended by. I've even seen some of them refer to black dissenters as "Uncle Tom." As if you could get any more racist than a fucking white person calling a black person Uncle Tom just because they're not offended by the same things. Nevermind the fact that they perpetuate stereotypes why screeching about ending stereotypes.

As a gay trans woman (i have to say this jfc) I hate that this always tries to speak for me. They say that they're giving a voice to trans people, but what they're actually doing is just speaking their ideology as applied to trans people. It's disgusting. I don't really see the perpetuation of stereotypes by SJWs tho, can you point me to an example?

http://www.revelist.com/movies/gorillas ... types/4211 Gorillas in jail? Must be referring to black people!
http://fusion.net/story/346541/death-to-harambe-memes/ Harambe was a gorilla? Must mean black people!
https://www.theguardian.com/books/books ... rsed-child Two men cannot be friends unless they want to gay fuck
https://heatst.com/entertainment/stephe ... r-baiting/ Two cartoon lady-beings cannot be friends unless they want to gay fuck
http://stankface.tumblr.com/post/125875 ... -stankface Witches have long noses, therefore that's code for "Jewish"
http://www.indiewire.com/2017/01/sherlo ... 201769310/ Two men cannot be friends unless they want to gay fuck
http://i.imgur.com/FOclNWn.jpg Black people are incapable of being successful without the help of whites.
https://i.redd.it/9dn44evf4q4x.png All black people must share the same opinion or they are brainwashed

Just off the top of my head. There were more that I can remember I couldn't (easily) find sources for.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10814  (isolation #216)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:46 pm

Like, if you see a gorilla in jail, and your immediate thought is "OH SHIT, BLACK PERSON" then you might very well be the racist one.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10819  (isolation #217)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:13 pm

Like, I saw literally no shorthand-for-black people memes about Harambe. Every single meme I saw of him over six months in 2016 was about respect, admiration, missing him, him being a hero, or whipping your dick out in tribute

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10929  (isolation #218)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:40 pm

In post 10911, karnos wrote:
In post 10908, Annadog40 wrote:Wouldn't it be imperative to make jobs that can't be taken over by a robot a few years later?

All jobs can be taken over by robots.

Not mine

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10930  (isolation #219)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

I mean I guess you could build a robot that washes old people and walks them to the bathroom. But a lot of elderly are still skittish about having a male assistant, let alone an unsupervised machine.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10933  (isolation #220)  » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:36 pm

In post 10932, Shaziro wrote:
In post 10930, kuribo wrote:I mean I guess you could build a robot that washes old people and walks them to the bathroom. But a lot of elderly are still skittish about having a male assistant, let alone an unsupervised machine.

Not immediately, but as time moves on those things will become more normal. Hell, I'd be fine with a machine doing that for me when I get old.

I'll be dead by then anyway so I'm not terribly concerned

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10974  (isolation #221)  » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Honestly I don't think he's gonna be worse than any of the other Christian Republican scumbags would have been

Like, filling his cabinet with the wealthy establishment, that's just typical republican bullshit

The anti-environmental, pro-big business, anti-choice, ant-LGBT, pro-military, stuff, that's just typical republican bullshit

Which I think is what Trump supporters need to fear most: that deep down he's just like all the Bible-thumping, fat-cat assholes they thought they were rejecting with him

At least the left expects this establishment bullshit from the GOP. The right is in for a rude awakening.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #10975  (isolation #222)  » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:51 pm

In post 10973, Untrod Tripod wrote:So I wonder what the status of net neutrality will be during this administration

I'm not optimistic

It'll be fine

Well just get used to paying our $400 cable bills

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11063  (isolation #223)  » Sat Jan 21, 2017 1:33 pm

In post 11055, karnos wrote:Until you can prove it's fake, we have assume it's true.

You fucked a pig.

Prove it's fake, pig fucker.

Burden of proof rests on the person making the claim, btw.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11238  (isolation #224)  » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:03 pm

In post 11190, karnos wrote:Check out this beta who doesn't understand real life.

once you start tossing out PUA / MRA language you immediately expose yourself as a fucking tool

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11239  (isolation #225)  » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:03 pm

LOLOLOL LOOK AT THESE BETA CUCKS AM I RITE

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11295  (isolation #226)  » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:25 pm

That she's an idiot, since Sharia law inherently is anti-woman

But even a stopped clock is right twice today. Regardless of her personal belief, she organized an event attended by many people who do not hold that belief. But since one idiot is on board THAT MAKES THEM ALL MUSLIM LOVING IDIOTS AM I RIGHT

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11297  (isolation #227)  » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:29 pm

I mean okay so she's an idiot

It doesn't change the fact that hundreds of thousands of women hate trump enough to stand outside and protest

Her having stupid views doesn't mean those people didn't show up or even mean those women agree with her

Because, and this may be a shock

You don't have to agree with every single view held by a public figure to agree with them

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11322  (isolation #228)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:32 am

In post 11298, karnos wrote:
In post 11297, kuribo wrote:I mean okay so she's an idiot

It doesn't change the fact that hundreds of thousands of women hate trump enough to stand outside and protest

Her having stupid views doesn't mean those people didn't show up or even mean those women agree with her

Because, and this may be a shock

You don't have to agree with every single view held by a public figure to agree with them

Since you seem to be such an expert on it, let me ask you:

What was the goal of the march?

Because seems to me that they had zero actual demands, zero goals in mind, and they just wanted to make a lot of noise and trash our city.

You sure are making a lot of assumptions about my position

I don't recall making any statement supporting the March, only that it being organized by an idiot is irrelevant

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11336  (isolation #229)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:50 am

In post 11329, karnos wrote:
In post 11322, kuribo wrote:
You sure are making a lot of assumptions about my position

I don't recall making any statement supporting the March, only that it being organized by an idiot is irrelevant

Am I? I only assumed you did some research, since you seem to know who Linda Sarsour was. I've never heard of her before this march, is she famous for something? Is there some reason you knew her?

>only that it being organized by an idiot is irrelevant

Seems like an odd statement to make. If the march is truly being organized by an idiot, why is that not relevant? Shouldn't people know who they are following?

I literally know nothing about her except what was mentioned in the thread.

I've literally never heard of this woman until this thread.

My only point, you disingenuous dummy, is that even if she holds a stupid view, it's completely irrelevant to the march itself.

Dismissing an entire group of people because one person has an irrational view is fucking stupid.

And you're stupid for pushing it.

And stupid in general.

And stupid for trying to lump everyone into easily-argued-against little compartments instead of READING THEIR FUCKING POSTS YOU ILLITERATE DUMMY

you think you're clever

but people in this thread are just bored and humoring you because they have nothing fucking better to do with their time

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11337  (isolation #230)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:53 am

ah geez i'm starting to let the kuribo out again

really need to join a mafia game and vent this shit from time to time or start a youtube channel or end humanity or

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11349  (isolation #231)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:46 pm

In post 11341, karnos wrote:
In post 11336, kuribo wrote:Dismissing an entire group of people because one person has an irrational view is fucking stupid.

You are trying to be ironic, right?

You realize every single Trump support has to deal with this shit on a daily basis, even now?

"oh Trump picked an alt-right guy, that means he is a nazi and you are nazi for supporting him"

Try that shit on someone who actually does think all Trump supporters are racist.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11354  (isolation #232)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:51 pm

In post 11340, karnos wrote:Sharia law proponent leads women's march, and is willingly followed by hundreds of thousands of women and children and in this case, it's not relevant at all.

maybe, just MAYBE they agree with her public point and may not know she supports Sharia law?

maybe, just MAYBE they think THIS MARCH is a worthy fucking thing?

Like, I voted for Jill Stein despite the fact she holds some pretty fucking irrational views, because on the balance I believe many of her views more closely resemble mine. It doesn't fucking mean I agree with her that vaccines cause autism, and I've publicly called her an idiot for those things.

Sometimes people are doing things that you agree with, and they may have views you disagree with. All it fucking means is that the person is flawed. So no, I don't think it's fucking relevant that she supports Sharia law. Not as it pertains to the march. She should be taken to task for that stupid fucking view to be sure. But to turn around and say the entire march was pointless, stupid, or invalid, or that every person out there necessarily knows about and agrees with those tweets? You're just arguing in bad faith at that point. I'd be willing to bet that 70% of the women out there didn't know who organized that march, and out of the other 30%, probably 25% didn't know about the Sharia tweets. The other 5% either don't give a shit or agree with her.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11355  (isolation #233)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:53 pm

In post 11352, karnos wrote:
In post 11349, kuribo wrote:Try that shit on someone who actually does think all Trump supporters are racist.

You do realize that things you don't think are true still happen?

oh shut the fuck up with your victim complex

I've not once called every Trump supporter a racist

you're literally arguing a position I don't hold based on the fact that there are people who hold that position

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11356  (isolation #234)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:54 pm

argue the fucking person and the point, not the fucking LOLOLOLOL ALL LIEBURULS ARE THE SAME

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11368  (isolation #235)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:11 pm

In post 11363, CommKnight wrote:Oh damn, I see you've answered the big question as to why people are voting for Trump. It's like... everyone has different reasons or something and aren't all racist/misogynist/other-'ist'.

I already know why people voted for him:

1) He ran on a platform of anti-establishment against one of the most entrenched establishment candidates of the last hundred years

2) He presents a bleak world view and a promise to make it better to a base that's fed up with the excesses of the far left.

3) He has distinctly more charisma than his opponent did, because despite what one thinks of her politics, Hillary is a deeply unlikable person. Even among the left.

4) The far left has spent so long calling every single thing racist or sexist or homophobic that when a candidate comes along who actually says things that are racist, sexist, or homophobic, it's easy to just brush that off as more of the same. And this is something that the left simply doesn't understand.

5) Unlike Hillary, Trump didn't ignore the midwest. Hillary didn't go to key battleground states and basically handed them to Trump. States like Ohio have been stagnant in economic growth, and instead of trying to reassure those people, Hillary just rested on her poll numbers. Trump worked hard to get his message out there, and whether his message was positive or honest is regardless of the fact he presented it better than Hillary did.

I could keep going, but I won't.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11369  (isolation #236)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:13 pm

In post 11366, karnos wrote:If a follower picks a leader, unaware of some major character flaw (e.g. wanting to bring sharia law to America), that ALSO reflects poorly on the follower, as it shows they are really just sheep willing to follow anyone without even looking to closely as to what they actually stand for.

so in other words, because Trump has said things that are sexist, all his supporters are sheep willing to follow a sexist?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11370  (isolation #237)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:14 pm

I mean, let's not split hairs

I specifically said that a leader having a couple of irrational views does not mean their followers subscribe to that

and you argued that they do

IN THE SAME

FUCKING

THREAD

WHERE

YOU

COMPLAINED ABOUT PEOPLE CALLING TRUMP SUPPORTERS RACIST

DO YOU EVEN READ THE SHIT YOU POST

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11371  (isolation #238)  » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:15 pm

NOT EVEN THE SAME THREAD

THE SAME FUCKING PAGE

YOU'RE JUST ARGUING FOR THE SAKE OF FUCKING ARGUING

you don't give a shit the positions you have to take or the position of others, you're just like "ooop thats a liberal, better disagree with him"

you're what's fucking wrong with america

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11444  (isolation #239)  » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:45 pm

In post 11443, Dwlee99 wrote:And frankly it doesnt matter that those liberals exist because they clearly arent in the thread yet you keep trying to argue against it like it is at all relevant.

he doesn't know how to debate reasoned arguments, so he pretends people hold stereotypical views that are much more easily attacked and then screeches at these phantom positions like a mentally disabled chimp or a YouTube commenter

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11566  (isolation #240)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:49 pm

In post 11492, karnos wrote:
In post 11483, Annadog40 wrote:Not trusting the media is silly, communication is media.

So you trust everything you read on brietbart or fox news?

Every media source is biased. It's ridiculous to say otherwise.

If you stretched her statement any further it would be my dick

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11590  (isolation #241)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:42 pm

A left wing tea party would devour itself in identity politics and idealistic communism

I see those people every day in one of the Facebook groups I'm in, Jill Stein's Dank Meme Stash

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11593  (isolation #242)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:05 pm

In post 11591, Psyche wrote:do those people even vote

It's an infuriating cross section of Trump apologists, actual Greens, Communists, and stuck up vegans

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11596  (isolation #243)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:29 pm

In post 11594, Psyche wrote:their presence on your facebook feed explains the focus you put on habits of people in the far left

Silly me as an active and voting Green, I expected memes about Green issues

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11597  (isolation #244)  » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:32 pm

In post 11596, kuribo wrote:
In post 11594, Psyche wrote:their presence on your facebook feed explains the focus you put on habits of people in the far left

Silly me as an active and voting Green, I expected memes about Green issues

I mean the two most active groups on my feed are Compuglobalhypermeganet New Zealand-Australia and Simpsons Shitposting but at least they're both exactly what it says on the tin

Also, apparently some members of Donald Trump's Dank Meme Stash got caught instigating drama between vegans and non-vegans in the JSDMS. Which caused me to reevaluate my life and go back to posting Simpsons memes instead.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11645  (isolation #245)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:33 pm

In post 11616, Untrod Tripod wrote:Right now, the plan Trump is talking about is for the US to pay for it and then get 100% reimbursed by Mexico

Wasn't Meixco's literal response to this during the race, "we're not paying for your fucking wall?"

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump ... cente-fox/

It was. Their literal response this time last year was "We're not paying for your fucking wall."

I think more leaders should be so candid.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11647  (isolation #246)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:36 pm

In post 11646, Shaziro wrote:
In post 11645, kuribo wrote:
In post 11616, Untrod Tripod wrote:Right now, the plan Trump is talking about is for the US to pay for it and then get 100% reimbursed by Mexico

Wasn't Meixco's literal response to this during the race, "we're not paying for your fucking wall?"

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump ... cente-fox/

It was. Their literal response this time last year was "We're not paying for your fucking wall."

I think more leaders should be so candid.

To be fair, that was an Ex-president. He has about as much say is G.W. Bush or Bill Clinton.

True. Still a great quote tho.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11684  (isolation #247)  » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:09 pm

In post 11676, Davsto wrote:In my view, what happened is Trump tried to bargain and blackmail Mexico to bend to his will using threats

it's funny because people claim Trump to be a good negotiator, but this is literally the only tactic he's ever endorsed or used publicly in regards to "negotiating."

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11743  (isolation #248)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:51 am

In post 11723, Untrod Tripod wrote:noooooooooo don't start talking about gamergate noooooooooooooooooo

God dammit I'd rather kill myself than read another conversation about Zoe Quinn or what's been in her vagina

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11750  (isolation #249)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:43 pm

Regardless of whatever happened between them, if her boyfriend is still butt hurt over that shit after two years, and strangers are still butt hurt on his behalf after two years, that says more about them than it does her

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11767  (isolation #250)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:05 pm

In post 11751, karnos wrote:2005, 11 years ago, and strangers on the internet are still butt hurt because Trump said some non-PC words about women.

I know, I get it: if Hillary or CNN tells you you need to be butt-hurt over it, that is totally different from using your own brain and figuring out that something is fucked.

Sheep, good.

25 years ago Bill Clinton got a blowjob that Republicans won't shut up about. What's your point?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11768  (isolation #251)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:06 pm

The idea that GamerGate was about gaming journalism ethics is laughable because even as far back as 30 years ago there hasn't been ethics in "gaming journalism"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11804  (isolation #252)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:37 pm

In post 11782, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11778, Davsto wrote:Despite using the "phobia" ending, Islamophobia does not refer to the irrational fear of Muslims as most "phobia"s do (in that sense, it is much like homophobia).

It generally came about because prejudice against Muslims/Islam didn't have a proper term to refer to it (as generally the term "racist" was rejected as Islam is not a race)

Next?

So you concede that it's a made-up word. Great.

Just because you deem that a suffix means something else when creating a buzzword doesn't change the actual definition of the suffix.

Did you know "hydrophobia" isn't a fear of water but actually an old word for "rabies?"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11805  (isolation #253)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 pm

In post 11784, theplague42 wrote:
In post 11783, Davsto wrote:
In post 11782, ɀefiend wrote:made-up word.

As opposed to all of those other words which are universal constants which have always existed

I don't think I've ever seen a more hilariously ignorant phrase used in my life.

Stop using all those made-up words, I can't understand what you're saying.

It's a perfectly cromulent idea to embiggen wordiness by using "made up" words.

Launguage evolves, it's not static.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11809  (isolation #254)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:44 pm

I'm fearful of all religions for the same reason you're fearful of Islam, what's your point

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11811  (isolation #255)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:45 pm

In post 11807, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11797, Davsto wrote:
In post 11793, ɀefiend wrote:But I do fear Islam, because the most traditionalists and extremists who follow Qur'an and Hadith to a T are actually adherents to very dangerous and troublesome ideologies.

So you fear an entire group because of its extremists?

And you don't like being labelled as stereotyping a group or being prejudiced against it?

I have some bad news for you.

Did you manage to not read my points directly above?

No, I don't fear Muslims as a group. There are many moderate Muslims who are quite fine. I've talked with a couple who assure me that traditionalists and extremists simply have drastically different interpretations of Islam. Hell, I know two Muslim women who don't wear the traditional garb because they hate certain tenets of Islam.

I am fearful of Islam as a religion because those who are blindly sympathetic/accepting of its followers don't realize the horrible ideologies that accompany the religion.

And before anyone thinks I'm attacking Christians again, I'm referring directly to this post.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11815  (isolation #256)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:56 pm

In post 11812, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11802, Davsto wrote:
In post 11800, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11796, Shaziro wrote:Then if you agree that the word could have changed to mean prejudiced against muslims, then what is your argument? Mroeover, if you don't think it has changed to mean that, why not?

Phobia hasn't changed to mean that because it isn't being arbitrarily attached to other words in an effort to virtue signal.

For example: if as Davsto said, it takes too much time/effort to type out "you are hateful, discriminating, or prejudiced against black people," then it makes sense to shorten that to something like "you are racist against black people."

But if phobia actually changed in meaning, why not just say "you're blackphobic." ? Answer: because arbitrarily changing the meaning of phobia is nonsensical.

I'm sure they'd happily use Islamist

But oh look the word's already taken! Let's have a look at what it means?

See why we use the word "Islamophobia", now?

To virtue signal? To demonize those with rational fears of Islam? To unfairly categorize people as prejudiced?

None of those are good reasons for using a buzzword. If someone is being prejudiced against Muslims, you can simply say "they're prejudiced against Muslims."

But there's a word that means "prejudiced against muslims," and just because you see it as a buzzword doesn't make it less useful

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11839  (isolation #257)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:30 pm

In post 11828, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11824, Davsto wrote:
In post 11823, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11818, Not_Mafia wrote:If people start saying "prejudice against Muslims" instead of Islamophobia, then they'd use that in the exact same way you have a problem with right now. Attacking the word is a stupid semantic argument, attack what you think is a misuse of it.

Actually, they wouldn't. When I debate people IRL about Islam, they default to calling me islamophobic. Nobody ever accuses me of simply being prejudiced or discriminating against Muslims.

They do. They do so by calling you Islamophobic. Because that's what the word means.

Which is the whole problem I'm addressing to begin with. I'm not prejudiced or discriminating against Muslims, and they know this, so they employ the blanket buzzword islamophobic in an effort to shut down my concerns with Islam.

So if it doesn't apply to you then why do you care what people call it?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11841  (isolation #258)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:32 pm

In post 11836, ɀefiend wrote:A purpose with no merit and which others in society should not be forcefully subjected to. But that is entirely separate debate.

Yah the LGBT "agenda" is forcefully subjecting people to let them live their lives. It's not the Religious Right that wants to force them to be straight.

Have you noticed that right wing Christians and Muslims share the same view on homosexuality?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11853  (isolation #259)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:47 pm

In post 11850, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11841, kuribo wrote:
In post 11836, ɀefiend wrote:A purpose with no merit and which others in society should not be forcefully subjected to. But that is entirely separate debate.

Yah the LGBT "agenda" is forcefully subjecting people to let them live their lives. It's not the Religious Right that wants to force them to be straight.

Have you noticed that right wing Christians and Muslims share the same view on homosexuality?

That's not what we're referring to, at all. In case you're out of the loop, some members of that community are trying to impose the usage of made-up words and phrases in relation to their pronoun and sexual preferences.

So Tumblr teenagers are representative of the LGBT movement?

Like I get where you're coming from, Tumblrinas piss me off too but, come on man

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11855  (isolation #260)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:48 pm

In post 11851, inte wrote:
In post 11849, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 11848, ɀefiend wrote:Illiteracy is a real concept, islamophobia is not.

TIL you can't be prejudiced against Muslims.

since it doesn't exist, i'm going to create a new word

zefiend you're a cuckold for your prejudice against muslims. i believe we should start calling all islamaphobes cuckolds when they dispute the word islamaphobe

That word already has a meaning and as an erotic author I'm offended that you're appropriating cuckold fetish culture

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11862  (isolation #261)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:58 pm

In post 11861, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11853, kuribo wrote:
In post 11850, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 11841, kuribo wrote:

That's not what we're referring to, at all. In case you're out of the loop, some members of that community are trying to impose the usage of made-up words and phrases in relation to their pronoun and sexual preferences.

So Tumblr teenagers are representative of the LGBT movement?

Like I get where you're coming from, Tumblrinas piss me off too but, come on man

The movement is more serious than SJWs blogging on their MacBooks. This shit has real consequences. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/05/17/you-can-be-fined-for-not-calling-people-ze-or-hir-if-thats-the-pronoun-they-demand-that-you-use/?utm_term=.a5fed21f7b9f

I get that too. But they aren't any more representative of the LGBT than they are of the Left.

They're the extremists. Many of us on the left see them the same way you see the Westbrook Baptist Church or the KKK.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11915  (isolation #262)  » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:18 pm

In post 11911, Garmr wrote:
In post 11909, Accountant wrote:
In post 11908, karnos wrote:
In post 11905, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 11870, ɀefiend wrote:I am saying that some tenets of Islam are dangerous and/or oppressive, and that makes me fearful of Islam because of people (Muslims and non-Muslims alike) who accept/sympathize with those ideas.

Can you give me an example of a non-Muslim that accepts/sympathizes with the tenets of Islam?

Looks like somebody didn't pay attention to the women's march

the tenets that efiend speaks of are presumably stuff like treating women badly; of course the people at the women's march would not accept such tenets

I will give accountant some points. The crackpots that want the oppressive laws are a extremely low minority not a majority but to your dismay accountant. The crackpots aren't shunned by the majority of the group just ignored when it benefits them and they pretend that they never said that shit.

What's up with what's going down
In every city, in every town
Cramping styles is the plan
They've got us in the palm of every hand

When we pretend that we're dead
They can't hear a word we've said

Turn the tables with our unity
They neither moral nor majority
Wake up and smell the coffee
Or just say no to individuality

Come on, come on, come on come on

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11931  (isolation #263)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:38 am

Thats a really gross and disingenuous simplification of what he said.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11958  (isolation #264)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 1:15 pm

In post 11956, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 11955, theplague42 wrote:Really, the only consistent things in this thread are karnos posting Facebook memes and Accounting taking figures of speech literally.

Where is she taking them?

"I can't do idioms."

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11961  (isolation #265)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:19 pm

Oh boy I love dystopian science fiction.

Oh. Wait this is real.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #11963  (isolation #266)  » Sat Jan 28, 2017 8:40 pm

Well at the rate things are going were about two weeks away from bread lines and I'm already planning to take off from work six months from now so I can compete in the first Hunger Games

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12090  (isolation #267)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 am

In post 12082, Garmr wrote:f you play video games you would hate her.

I play video games and I could give a shit about her because I am not a manchild who is afraid of people I disagree with, nor do I care about "ethics in game journalism" because there have never been ethics in game "journalism" and I don't expect it.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12091  (isolation #268)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 am

In post 12085, Sesq wrote:I fondly recall that one instance where in response to Anita's doing, the amazing atheist opened up a fundraiser to help women in third world countries and anita cited it as a harassment campaign. That's when you know she has no ammunition.

She also had a shitfit and screamed harassment when Ben from Drunken Peasants took a picture of her in public :lol::

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12095  (isolation #269)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:49 am

I didn't say I like her views. You said if someone played games, they would hate her. I play games, I don't hate her.

I find her views to be wrongheaded at worst and insignificant at best. She's a professional victim, and she wants people to hate her so she can make more money painting them in a bad light. The only reason to give her that attention is if you fear her or her kind.

I've also stated several times in this thread that I regularly listen to the Drunken Peasants podcast (of which the Amazing Athiest is a member), and even pointed out that she raised a hilarious shitfit over a non-issue.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12129  (isolation #270)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:35 am

In post 12125, pisskop wrote:JokeExplainBot, I bet you did Nazi that cumming
enh?

these kind of jokes are just not reich, anne frankly, i'm sick of stuff like this always putting me out of mein kampfort zone. i'm just goering to walk away now.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12131  (isolation #271)  » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:41 am

In post 12130, Sesq wrote:
In post 12129, kuribo wrote:
In post 12125, pisskop wrote:JokeExplainBot, I bet you did Nazi that cumming
enh?

these kind of jokes are just not reich, anne frankly, i'm sick of stuff like this always putting me out of mein kampfort zone. i'm just goering to walk away now.

You missed a pun, you could of done "...i'm sick of shitstaffel like this..."

this is why i'm the best.

someone always has to take it one step fuhrer

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12155  (isolation #272)  » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:43 pm

In post 12147, T S O wrote:war-torn countries/failed states

Remind me again why Iraq is a war-torn failed state

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #12247  (isolation #273)  » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:39 pm

In post 12198, karnos wrote:She wrote that on purpose. I

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13751  (isolation #274)  » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:00 pm

In post 13750, James3 wrote:Ecuador is openly hosting Assange at their embassy in Britain while he does stuff like this repeatedly and openly. They're totally liable for his actions.

The traitor very well could end up causing deaths (by us not being able to intercept terrorist communications). He totally warrants the death penalty.

"traitor"

are you under the impression that Assange is an American citizen?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13763  (isolation #275)  » Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:26 pm

In post 13757, James3 wrote:
In post 13756, Accountant wrote:That doesn't matter. The UN Charter prohibits the US from declaring war on Ecuador because they are harboring Snowden - it's even written on the wiki page about casus belli. It would be illegal for the US to launch repeated cyber attacks against Ecuador. Why are you proposing that the US perform illegal activities, james?

If you're referring to the rules regarding political asylum, one of them is that asylum seekers have to stop engaging in political activities affecting the country they are fleeing from. Assange isn't doing that.

Is Accountant forgetting that we literally used Afghanistan's harboring of Bin Laden to justify the war there?

Like, if one were to argue that Assange isn't as dangerous to the US as Bin Laden was, that's one thing, but the justification could absolutely be made.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13844  (isolation #276)  » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:01 pm

I would rather gouge my own eyes out and choke myself into a blissful black oblivion on them than engage Accountant on morality or ethics, so I don't know what you guys are trying to accomplish

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13922  (isolation #277)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:45 pm

In post 13916, Panzerjager wrote:
In post 13914, Shaziro wrote:
In post 13913, inte wrote:
In post 13864, Not_Mafia wrote:Why has karnos not returned?

he got deported

I'm more assuming Karnos decided that this site is full of "libcucks" or something else to that effect and moved on to somewhere else.

TBF, this site does have a lot of liberals and a lot of cuckolds. So, maybe he had a point.

Listen, if there weren't people who liked the cuckold fantasy, erotica wouldn't sell nearly as well

Shit wait forgot this wasn't /r/eroticauthors

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13923  (isolation #278)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:47 pm

In post 13921, inte wrote:
In post 13920, Accountant wrote:
In post 13918, inte wrote:
In post 13917, Accountant wrote:Source on the cucks???

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=25870

How dare you. My SO is totally faithful.

that don't mean anything tho. its not unfaithful if they have your permission

And pretty much this

The cuck insult is stupid because cuckoldry as a kink anyway refers to a very specific consensual activity where the man actually gets off on the humiliation of seeing his spouse with another man

Well it's more to it than that but I'm sure none of you want me expounding on the differences between swinging/hotwife/cuckolding

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13925  (isolation #279)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:52 pm

In post 13924, Accountant wrote:I thought it was when your spouse cheats on you

It can be, in the strictest sense, but what I'm saying is that it's also a specific fetish amount people who are quite happy with being "cucks "

Maybe I'm just reading too much into it because of my side hustle lol

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13927  (isolation #280)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:08 pm

Yah I guess I get it now

Still weird to me tho

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13932  (isolation #281)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I mean if you really want to get into subtext of its use as an insult there's also a slight racist component to it because cuckoldry as a fetish often ties heavily into interracial stuff

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13934  (isolation #282)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:19 pm

In post 13929, Kublai Khan wrote:I'm sure explaining fetishes to minors is crossing a line.

you see when a mommy and a daddy and a daddy and a neighbor all love each other very much....

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13941  (isolation #283)  » Sat Mar 18, 2017 2:55 pm

In post 13940, inte wrote:well it used to but modern use mostly refers to the fetish

exactly, no one really uses it in the other sense and hasn't since probably the early 1900s

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13955  (isolation #284)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:45 am

In post 13950, T S O wrote:I'm genuinely not trying to start a riot, but there was this weird vibe in the last page or two when the term was being discussed that made me feel like people here have at least considered the idea. I'd say there's no shame in it or something, but I mean..

as an erotic author, you have to know your audience and your market, if you you try writing cuckold erotica without the humiliation aspect, it doesn't sell

it's not my thing personally, but if people are willing to pay money to read it then that's a them thing

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13962  (isolation #285)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:08 pm

In post 13958, Socrates wrote:
In post 13955, kuribo wrote:
In post 13950, T S O wrote:I'm genuinely not trying to start a riot, but there was this weird vibe in the last page or two when the term was being discussed that made me feel like people here have at least considered the idea. I'd say there's no shame in it or something, but I mean..

as an erotic author, you have to know your audience and your market, if you you try writing cuckold erotica without the humiliation aspect, it doesn't sell

it's not my thing personally, but if people are willing to pay money to read it then that's a them thing

Perhaps consider it this way: the fetishest wants to fantasize about something being done to them, not just some independent event without their presence at all.

In a way a lot of "bottom" fetishes are actually very narcissistic. You wouldn't have to look hard to find dominatrixes complaining about this very thing.

Well yeah that's why the humiliation is such a big part of the fetish. If it happens without your knowledge or consent, it's not the same.

And people don't realize that the bottom has the power anyway. It's not like fifty shades, in a healthy relationship the bottom is the one who decides how far and when enough is enough.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13964  (isolation #286)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:17 pm

Hooray drone strike me plz

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #13972  (isolation #287)  » Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:05 pm

In post 13968, Accountant wrote:Wait, Sesq, why are you angry at your own side?

i'm pretty angry at my own "side" on a regular basis

political change must come from within as well as without

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14035  (isolation #288)  » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:14 pm

In post 14026, T S O wrote:Isn't this the entire point of marriage? Monogamy? This thread reminds me all the time of the scene from 1984 where Winston attempts to reason with O'Brien as to why he is correct and gets browbeaten by logic so incorrect it's somehow effective.

you can have monogamy without marriage, so obviously your argument is flawed

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14120  (isolation #289)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:39 am

look, if it works for them, who gives a fuck

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14122  (isolation #290)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:40 am

In post 14117, Accountant wrote:About a year and six months which is apparently enough for me to understand that relationships are not crazy and full of psychotic/irrational people like the songs would have you believe

oh please, i was married for seven years and i assure you relationships are crazy and full of psychotic and irrational people

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14131  (isolation #291)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:59 am

it's almost as if music is a mirror to shared experiences that most people can understand and that's what makes it popular

crazy concept i know

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14172  (isolation #292)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:38 am

In post 14139, Accountant wrote:I look around at the family that surrounds me. They are not crazy, psychotic or irrational.

to an outsider they might be

what you're used to seeing on a daily basis becomes normalized and looks insane to outsisders

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14174  (isolation #293)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:39 am

In post 14152, Vijarada wrote:Oh god I can't back out now I'm an active participant in the trump thread.

and now its in your egosearch forever and ever and ever

thats how i keep ending up here

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14236  (isolation #294)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:11 am

In post 14235, Accountant wrote:
In post 14233, Fluminator wrote:Being asexual I get the thrill of watching people in relationships have all their judgement clouded and me trying to figure out what the feeling is that causes it.

I assert that the vast majority of people in relationships don't have clouded judgement.

Well, if that were the case no one would ever need therapy after a break up.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14258  (isolation #295)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:21 am

I wish I'd kept him on ignore that's for sure

Or at least built a time machine so I could go back to before I knew him and committed suicide

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14264  (isolation #296)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:25 am

Accountant just makes me glad the internet wasn't as big when I was his age because my god I coulda outcringed him

Hell I was a juggalo when I was his age

A juggalo. And this wasn't even like recently after ICP got big and there was the whole stereotype, this was in 1995 when no one had heard of them.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14268  (isolation #297)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:27 am

In post 14266, Socrates wrote:
In post 14249, Accountant wrote:
In post 14246, Socrates wrote:Accountant just needs a wider range of experiences with a wider range of people.

I know better than anyone the "you'll understand when your older" is an infuriating thing to hear, but it's really all we adults can say.

It's not infuriating to me, it's just condescending. It shows me you're a reality sympathizer, and it neglects the fact that I already have the experiences I need. If those extra experiences are going to make me into someone who conceptualizes relationships as a crazy thing between irrational people, then those are experiences I'll never need.

So you wish to reject reality if it doesn't live up to your ideal vision of it?

How rational

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14271  (isolation #298)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:29 am

In post 14270, Shaziro wrote:
In post 14264, kuribo wrote:Accountant just makes me glad the internet wasn't as big when I was his age because my god I coulda outcringed him

Hell I was a juggalo when I was his age

A juggalo. And this wasn't even like recently after ICP got big and there was the whole stereotype, this was in 1995 when no one had heard of them.

I can see you in the juggalo makeup and everything. Your avatar needs to become Juggalo War.

That was 20 years ago and if I'm reviving something I did on the internet 20 years ago it's gonna be Yetimania

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14276  (isolation #299)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:34 am

In post 14275, Shaziro wrote:Trump uses Twitter as a constant spout, whereas to the best of my knowledge Obama used it as the occasional outlet to make meaningful statements.

Trump is also more prone to hyperbole and idiocy

Obama: "on this historic day we remember the people who gave their lives"
Trump: Just found out Hillary personally masturbated in my sock drawer! SAD!"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14285  (isolation #300)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:18 pm

In post 14283, Kublai Khan wrote:Ha. Fox News has officially taken Judge Andrew Napolitano off the air because after years of him spouting speculative bullshit, they noticed that people were taking him seriously.

I wonder if Charles Krauthammer and William Kristol are feeling nervous.

Trump is literally one of those dumbasses that says I SAW IT ON TV SO IT'S TRUE

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14287  (isolation #301)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:19 pm

I bet when Trump was supposed to take the Stone Cold Stunner he was saddened to learn that it was a work.

"Okay, Donald, so then Austin's gonna give you a beer and---"

"Wait, you mean you already know what's going to happen? SAD!"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14289  (isolation #302)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:27 pm

Wouldn't help, the Trumpets would just be like "they cucked out and became mainstream media"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14292  (isolation #303)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:30 pm

This is the inevitable result when you run a news organization that spent years telling people not to trust news organizations

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14293  (isolation #304)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:31 pm

In post 14290, theplague42 wrote:
In post 14289, kuribo wrote:Wouldn't help, the Trumpets would just be like "they cucked out and became mainstream media"

They already are. Have you braved the r/the_donald waters recently? I check up to see how unhinged they've gotten occasionally.

My best friend, a Bernie backing liberal has become one of them so I see it in my inbox all the time on Facebook

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14295  (isolation #305)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:43 pm

In post 14294, Socrates wrote:Wait, he flipped from backing Bernie to backing Trump? Is he one of those "anyone but the establishment" types?

She backed Bernie, developed a constantly deepening hatred for Hillary because of the DNC shenanigans. I convinced her to vote Stein instead of Trump. After the election it started slowly with "people need to give him a chance." Fair enough. As time went on, she started going down the rabbit hole and defending him by saying at least he was better than Hillary. And how Bernie "got on his knees and betrayed his supporters for Hillary." Then she read the emails and started reading Breitbart and hanging out on /r/The_Donald. Now she's convinced that any day now, Hillary will be arrested (her and I have a standing bet: if Trump manages to have Hillary arrested, I have to mail her a framed picture of my penis) and lately she's been talking about how the globalists are evil and how black / Mexican people shouldn't be allowed to have their own culture in America. So she's gradually become a white separatist.

This from someone who just a year ago didn't speak to me for three days because I defended some aspects of copyright law to her.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14304  (isolation #306)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:24 pm

In post 14300, Psyche wrote:they're both leftists!

Hillary isn't a leftist.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14306  (isolation #307)  » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:40 pm

Not by any metric of the word, and even less leftist than Obama who isn't one either

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14325  (isolation #308)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:33 pm

In post 14295, kuribo wrote:
In post 14294, Socrates wrote:Wait, he flipped from backing Bernie to backing Trump? Is he one of those "anyone but the establishment" types?

She backed Bernie, developed a constantly deepening hatred for Hillary because of the DNC shenanigans. I convinced her to vote Stein instead of Trump. After the election it started slowly with "people need to give him a chance." Fair enough. As time went on, she started going down the rabbit hole and defending him by saying at least he was better than Hillary. And how Bernie "got on his knees and betrayed his supporters for Hillary." Then she read the emails and started reading Breitbart and hanging out on /r/The_Donald. Now she's convinced that any day now, Hillary will be arrested (her and I have a standing bet: if Trump manages to have Hillary arrested, I have to mail her a framed picture of my penis) and lately she's been talking about how the globalists are evil and how black / Mexican people shouldn't be allowed to have their own culture in America. So she's gradually become a white separatist.

This from someone who just a year ago didn't speak to me for three days because I defended some aspects of copyright law to her.

She inboxed me today with screenshots from /r/The_Donald then concluded with "well that's my morning news."

Then went on at length about how she's pro-"white culture" and how Europe needs to "uncuck" itself and how our generation needs to have kids and raise families.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14327  (isolation #309)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:42 pm

Well she also mentioned today that the lefts focus on gender identity and "globalization" is what caused her shift, and that many on the left aren't leftists at all but a different brand of authoritarian capitalists. Which that latter part I do agree with. Many on the "left" have set themselves as the "moral majority" not unlike the Christian Right of 20 years ago.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14335  (isolation #310)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:16 pm

In post 14330, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 14325, kuribo wrote:Then went on at length about how she's pro-"white culture"

What are you supposed to do with people like this? The dominant culture is white culture. Top TV shows and movies feature white people typically about white culture. Everyone who is passively watching media without much thought is technically pro-"white culture".

I know the entrenched right wing hate being called racist, but to be consciously pro-white culture on top of just passively being a fan of mainstream things means that you are going out of your way to avoid "minority" programming. Which is pretty racist.

She's come to the belief that the inferior immigrant culture and hip-hop culture are in danger of eroding our white identities. I linked her a Reddit AMA called "I am a white separatist ask me anything" and she agreeed with most of his points.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14347  (isolation #311)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:25 pm

In post 14346, pisskop wrote:Ultimately, a whole religion and everyone under it being 'bad' is silly. But, the teachings within can be regressive or harmful, and should be treated as such. I wonder how many Jesus-shamers would be okay with muslims being disrespected like Christians?

I have an equal amount of contempt for organized religion as well as extremists

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14348  (isolation #312)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:26 pm

And yeah I could totally see myself joining the crusades or slaughtering villages of people with different faiths if I'd been born 1000 years ago

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14420  (isolation #313)  » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:33 pm

In post 14384, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 14377, zoraster wrote:Like... a lot more.

You're a bigot.

Apologize.

I have friends who call themselves "Muslims." They don't agree with the gay stoning, the heathen destroying, the women controlling, the taqiyya, or Sharia law. In reality, they probably more closely align with a different religion than Islam. However, Islam forbids apostasy, punishable by death. Their family will find out. Their congregation will find out. Radicals and traditionalists will find out.

My statement stands -- "moderate Muslims" aren't even Muslims at all (at least in the strictest sense according to the Quran and Hadith). They might consider themselves a denomination. A true Muslim cannot be moderate because the actual tenets of Islam are horrid, savage, and extreme.

The no true Scotsman fallacy is still a logical fallacy

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14430  (isolation #314)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:05 am

Ridiculously, some forms of corruption are legal

Predatory lending was legal, but corrupt. That's an example.

Cable companies are allowed to pass regulatory fees on to the consumer--- legally they can, but since these fees are levied against it by the government, it is corrupt to pass them along to us.

On a smaller scale, it is absolutely legal to sell "haunted" items on eBay, but it's corruption: the items are not haunted, and the buyer is warned that what they see is what they get.

"Legal corruption" falls under the category of loopholes as well as "there ought to be a law."

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14431  (isolation #315)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:07 am

In post 14429, Accountant wrote:And like once again none of this has anything to do with how you read Hillary.

The FBI have not arrested her. Ergo, she has not done anything illegal. If you insist that she has done something illegal, you're lying. If you say she's corrupt but not illegal, then you're saying that the anti-corruption laws are bad, which is fine, but you shouldn't make decisions contrary to the law just because you don't like it.

So it's not illegal until you get arrested?

So Jack the Ripper and the Zodiac Killer never committed any illegal activity? Neither of them were ever brought to justice.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14442  (isolation #316)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:30 am

In post 14435, Accountant wrote:
In post 14430, kuribo wrote:Predatory lending was legal, but corrupt. That's an example.

Cable companies are allowed to pass regulatory fees on to the consumer--- legally they can, but since these fees are levied against it by the government, it is corrupt to pass them along to us.

On a smaller scale, it is absolutely legal to sell "haunted" items on eBay, but it's corruption: the items are not haunted, and the buyer is warned that what they see is what they get.

"Legal corruption" falls under the category of loopholes as well as "there ought to be a law."

I agree - BUT! You cannot blame Hillary for doing those things! If the mod fails to design his setup properly to balance against massclaiming, and the players do it and win, then anyone saying that those massclaimers are unethical or whatever are full of shit. And people who unfairly say that the massclaimers are corrupt or evil need to be smacked upside the head. It is the fault of the moderator for having a bad setup.

You absolutely can blame people for doing things that are immoral or screw others over while not being illegal

We do it all the time.

It's not illegal to butt in line at the grocery store but it's a dick thing to do and you will be rightly called out on being a dick.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14444  (isolation #317)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:31 am

In post 14440, Accountant wrote:You should not care if the politician is unethical as long as their policies are sound. You are a citizen. You vote for politicians because you like their policies.

Who should care about ethics? Not you. That is the role of the FBI - that is the role of the anti-corruption bureau - that is the role of the people in authority. Unless you are one of these people, you are not supposed to care about ethics. Know your place in the structure of society. Nobody likes an uppity busybody who tries to exert influence on areas they are not assigned to.

A politician who engages in activity that I believe ethically unsound is unlikely to pass laws that match my values

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14450  (isolation #318)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:37 am

In post 14446, Accountant wrote:
In post 14442, kuribo wrote:ou absolutely can blame people for doing things that are immoral or screw others over while not being illegal

We do it all the time.

It's not illegal to butt in line at the grocery store but it's a dick thing to do and you will be rightly called out on being a dick.

Yes! I agree!

But do you know how dumb it is to not vote for a politician because they butted in line at the grocery store??

It's not that Fucking hard dude

Replace "butting in line at the grocery store" with "took money from tobacco lobbyists" or whatever your flavor of the month is

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14451  (isolation #319)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:38 am

In post 14445, Accountant wrote:
In post 14444, kuribo wrote:A politician who engages in activity that I believe ethically unsound is unlikely to pass laws that match my values

Agree if you don't know their policies - but we do know what laws Hillary said she'd pass. Do those laws match your values?

A politician who does etihically dubious things, while they may not be illegal, can quite probably not be trusted to do the things she said she would do

Again it's not that fucking hard

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14455  (isolation #320)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:40 am

Suppose she came out and said she'd defend the trans-bathroom laws but at the same time said oh, I don't know, three times a day on TV that "there are exactly two genders."

Now, do you still believe she cares about transgender rights?

Suppose she vowed to be pro choice but then she was taking money from the Christian coalition. Do you still believe she'd uphold abortion rights?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14456  (isolation #321)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:41 am

In post 14453, Accountant wrote:
In post 14450, kuribo wrote:It's not that Fucking hard dude

Replace "butting in line at the grocery store" with "took money from tobacco lobbyists" or whatever your flavor of the month is

If it's dumb to refuse to vote for someone because they butted in line, then it's dumb to refuse to vote for someone because they legally took money from tobacco lobbyists.

No, and fuck you because you don't understand literally a single thing about lobbying or influence apparently

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14460  (isolation #322)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 am

This is literally the god damn stupidest thing I've read all day accountant

And that includes my best friend's lengthy rant earlier about her cat masturbates in front of her

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14462  (isolation #323)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:43 am

In post 14459, Accountant wrote:
In post 14454, Vijarada wrote:it's not lying unless it's illegal don't worry about it guys

This is a gross fucking misrepresentation of my views. It's not illegal to lie.

So perjury doesn't exist

Cool

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14464  (isolation #324)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:45 am

In post 14461, Accountant wrote:
In post 14457, Vijarada wrote:(also its taking personal money on a personal level from a personal friend in exchange for political and procedural favours that mcdonnell did, worse than just taking money from tobacco people. but this is an aside)

Who cares how bad it is - you aren't even supposed to think about it when you cast your vote. Just like you aren't supposed to think about OOG stuff when you play mafia games.

The money isn't out of game influence you dumb Fuck, ITS LITERALLY PART OF THE FUCKING SYSTEM

god you're going back on ignore and I hope you fall in a hole

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14531  (isolation #325)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:37 pm

In post 14529, Shaziro wrote:
In post 14524, Papa Zito wrote:I need to take a quiz to figure out if I fit one of these shiny labels. Which one do you guys recommend.

I mean there's https://www.politicalcompass.org/

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14534  (isolation #326)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:41 pm

In post 14533, Fluminator wrote:I'd give my opinion of Islam as a religion or my Aunt's who literally grew up in Muslim country but last time I talked about it I was called racist (even though Islam isn't even a race)
Ok, I'll give it anyway.
In my opinion it's much more dangerous than any other
mainstream ideology.
Muslims can be good people despite it though.

It's okay, I get called things when I express my view that all religion is dangerous and harmful

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14556  (isolation #327)  » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:02 pm

Don't you understand that a thing is above criticism if some people who hold an opposing viewpoint did immoral things

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14672  (isolation #328)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:26 am

I've come to the conclusion that Accountant is trying to start a cult but he's skipped two important steps: namely that he should be charismatic and also that he should have followers

It's like he skipped the audience building and went right to the leadership rants

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14731  (isolation #329)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:32 pm

He's either an elaborate troll or an undiagnosed schitzophrenic

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14739  (isolation #330)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:14 pm

In post 14732, Sesq wrote:do you know what schizophrenia is? it doesnt just mean "ur crazy"

i can safely say accountant is neither of these things

uh, yes i do, and i'd say that thinking you're god and the sole arbiter of human morality would fall into the category of "persistent delusions"

delusions meaning "a fixed, false belief"

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14745  (isolation #331)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:39 pm

It's simple: either accountant doesn't believe they are god and says so anyway, thus making them a troll or they do believe it, thus making them mentally ill

And since I don't engage trolls, and I don't engage the mentally ill unless I'm being paid to do so, I'm just not gonna engage Accountant

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14748  (isolation #332)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:40 pm

In post 14746, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 14741, Psyche wrote:yup
kuribo thinks your belief is false, yknow

Everyone who isn't Accountant thinks it's wrong.

If I were mentally ill my brain would be telling me I was right too

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14763  (isolation #333)  » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:19 pm

It's like a cross between an ourbouros and human centipede

People make up bullshit, Alex Jones says it, people cite him as a source for their bullshit

It's the circle of shit

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14809  (isolation #334)  » Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:13 pm

That guy in the guy faukes mask is absolutely trolling

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14834  (isolation #335)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:30 am

I'm gonna miss the environment

You know, as a Green Party member, this is exactly why I criticized Dr. Stein when she said that Trump was the "kind of evil she was used to" and thus her preference over Hillary

But then again Dr Stein betrayed the Green Party anyway after the election when she only pushed recounts in the states Hillary lost and became a tool of the DNC

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14836  (isolation #336)  » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:09 pm

In post 14835, zoraster wrote:I don't understand the last criticism. She wasn't going to win any state, so if she's doing a recount why not do it in those where it may theoretically have made a difference to the winner? Plus I'd be curious to know how much money she raised vs. spent for those things.

Because she didn't call for a recount in the states Hillary won, despite the fact she could have made a difference there too for her own party. Her obligation isn't to influence the winner, it's to maximize the number of votes for her party

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #14940  (isolation #337)  » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:16 pm

In post 14929, Vijarada wrote:i think accountant is saying what happens if the house impeach someone for no reason at all?

Like in 1998?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15000  (isolation #338)  » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:57 pm

In post 14969, T S O wrote:Well, I'm happy to talk about it, but I'd also like to link this article by Huffington Post where it encourages to deny white men the right to vote.

So what, the huffington post is garbage

You may as well link a cracked article

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15002  (isolation #339)  » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:00 pm

In post 14986, T S O wrote:I said that whatever conservatives are doing - be it refusing to bake a cake for a gay wedding, thinking that marriage should be strictly heterosexual in nature, whatever - is a hundred times more tolerant that posing as gay men on dating apps to lure the homosexual population out, kidnapping them and executing them. Which is what's happening in Chechnya. It's a hundred times more tolerant than stoning gay men to death, which happens in many Muslim countries - Qatar, Iran, UAE - that article I linked has them all.

I'm just curious how you can reconcile the two issues in your head and somehow decide that conservatives are the bigger threat to gay people. But perhaps you're right. Like I said in my first post, rounding up and killing gay people is clearly worse than asking them to be content with civil partnerships.

In America, to an American LGBT citizen, Christians are the bigger threat.

World-wide, Muslims. Americans are unfortunately myopic and lack any sort of big view. It's hard to see the world burning when there's smoke in your backyard.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15006  (isolation #340)  » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:35 pm

Huffington post is about as mainstream media as cracked.com

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15049  (isolation #341)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:34 pm

In post 15026, T S O wrote:The naivety required to believe that a powerful Muslim lobby would advocate for the esoteric, semi-secular, all-forgiving brand of Islam that exists solely in your head is truly stunning. This is a religion that goes berserk when you draw a picture of their prophet.

What if I told you that the pro-Islam lobbies have actually spent decades influencing American politicians and media to push the concept of Islamaphobia and put on a public face of peace while refusing to denounce too harshly its "extremists?"

What if I told you that murderous, rampaging Muslims are actually following the Quran more closely than the moderates, much like how the Westboro Baptist Church is following the words of the Bible more closely than Christianity's moderates?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15056  (isolation #342)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 5:31 pm

In post 15054, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 15049, kuribo wrote:What if I told you that murderous, rampaging Muslims are actually following the Quran more closely than the moderates, much like how the Westboro Baptist Church is following the words of the Bible more closely than Christianity's moderates?

Ehh idk

In school (AP Human Geography) we watched a documentary following children through the education system in different under developed countries. There was one girl who was taking Islamic studies and she actually expressed that the extremists don't truly understand the Quran.

Moderate Christians would say the same about Eric Rudolph.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15084  (isolation #343)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:54 pm

In post 15058, Fluminator wrote:I think people should be careful about saying what the Bible or Quran says if they've never read the entire thing. Context of some parts are key.

But I've read the entire thing.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15085  (isolation #344)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:58 pm

The point I'm trying to make is that both Christianity and Islam have tenets that teach wanton murder of non-believers. The moderates for both invoke the No True Scotsman fallacy: "Oh, those aren't real Christians / Muslims." But going by the letter of the holy texts, both ISIS and the WBC are following the holy texts more closely than the moderates. The extremists are not the true apostates: the moderates are.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15091  (isolation #345)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 pm

"Love the sinner hate the sin" implies that you can be born a sinner and be unable to become a not-sinner because of the way you're born. But it's okay if you're a healthy he'll bound heathen, God still loves you.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15092  (isolation #346)  » Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:16 pm

And yeah my parents used to beat me with firewood but they did it cause they loved me dang it!

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15099  (isolation #347)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:57 am

In post 15097, Fluminator wrote:
In post 15085, kuribo wrote:The point I'm trying to make is that both Christianity and Islam have tenets that teach wanton murder of non-believers. The moderates for both invoke the No True Scotsman fallacy: "Oh, those aren't real Christians / Muslims." But going by the letter of the holy texts, both ISIS and the WBC are following the holy texts more closely than the moderates. The extremists are not the true apostates: the moderates are.

You haven't put any evidence to back up that point.

Deuteronomy 13

6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.
12 If you hear it said about one of the towns the Lord your God is giving you to live in 13 that troublemakers have arisen among you and have led the people of their town astray, saying, “Let us go and worship other gods” (gods you have not known), 14 then you must inquire, probe and investigate it thoroughly. And if it is true and it has been proved that this detestable thing has been done among you, 15 you must certainly put to the sword all who live in that town. You must destroy it completely, both its people and its livestock. 16 You are to gather all the plunder of the town into the middle of the public square and completely burn the town and all its plunder as a whole burnt offering to the Lord your God. That town is to remain a ruin forever, never to be rebuilt.

Deuteronomy 17
If there be found among you, within any of thy gates which the LORD thy God giveth thee, man or woman, that hath wrought wickedness in the sight of the LORD thy God, in transgressing his covenant; 17:3 And hath gone and served other gods, and worshipped them, either the sun, or moon, or any of the host of heaven, which I have not commanded; 17:4 And it be told thee, and thou hast heard of it, and enquired diligently, and, behold, it be true, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought in Israel; 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.

Quran 4:89
They wish that you reject Faith, as they have rejected (Faith), and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Auliya' (protectors or friends) from them, till they emigrate in the Way of Allah (to Muhammad). But if they turn back (from Islam), take (hold) of them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Auliya' (protectors or friends) nor helpers from them.

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Make ready to slaughter his sons for the guilt of their fathers; Lest they rise and posses the earth, and fill the breadth of the world with tyrants. (Isaiah 14:21 NAB)

Quran 9:123- O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness."

Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined companions with Allah, for which He had sent no authority".

The holy texts are quite clear that non-believers must be killed, therefore anyone who believes otherwise is not adhering to the holy text.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15122  (isolation #348)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:34 am

In post 15118, Davsto wrote:I think Christianity is become more tolerant as Christians are striving to follow the base tenets that Jesus preached, of loving one another and behaving goodly to others even if they are different, over singular verses.

And if you ask me, that's definitely a good advancement.

My contention is not that the Bible doesn't have lots of stuff in it about love and mercy.

It is, as I've said, that like the Quran, the Bible teaches the killing of infidels.

Therefore, if you don't believe infidels should be killed, you are not following the Bible / Quran, and therefore the "extremists" are actually the bearers of the true letter of the faiths.

Like, it's cool if you want to not kill gay people or stone adulterers or say oh well the New Testament blah blah blah

But that's not what's in the Bible.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15124  (isolation #349)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 am

Vyse you touched on it, and it seems you're saying exactly what I've said:

The faith has not changed, the Bible has not changed. People's tolerance has changed.

But because of that, they are not following the unchanging faith.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15125  (isolation #350)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:43 am

In post 15100, Psyche wrote:
In post 15096, Fluminator wrote:
In post 15080, Psyche wrote:
In post 15078, Fluminator wrote:Ok, you're the type of atheist I find boring to talk to.

I must have read a different Bible from you. I don't remember Paul preaching homosexuality was worthy of death. I think he called it shameful in one of the only places he mentions it. But you seem to be an expert on this so I'll take your word for it.

Romans 1:32? "Although they know God's righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them"? Is that verse only in some bibles?

Don't really know what that has to do with gays.

Romans 1:28-32
Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done. 29 They have become filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, greed and depravity. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit and malice. They are gossips, 30 slanderers, God-haters, insolent, arrogant and boastful; they invent ways of doing evil; they disobey their parents; 31 they have no understanding, no fidelity, no love, no mercy. 32 Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Um, maybe check out the whole chapter? seems weird to begin an excerpt with the word "furthermore"

Verse 27:
27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15128  (isolation #351)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:07 am

I actually do have a fair amount in that post to address but quote splitting is harder on mobile.

How does one have free will if one is told "do exactly what I say or I'll kill you?" Suppose you're being mugged, and the guy puts a gun in your face. If you do as he says, are you exercising free will? No. You're being threatened and extorted. Now, suppose he puts a gun in your face, tells you "do what I say for you to do and do it exactly right," then hands you a long list of demands, some of which contradict the others, while still more "don't even count," and further it's all written in vague language that requires you to interpret it--- and was translated thousands of years ago. Is that still free will?

If god is infinite, how do the actions of a finite being harm him? If he were truly all powerful, nothing done to him by a mortal being can cause him harm. Therefore punishing a mortal being for harmless actions is not justice, but masochism.

How is the crucifixion a sacrifice? Jesus was allegedly not mortal--- his mortal body meant nothing to him nor to god. As an infinite being, Christ couldn't sacrifice his life, because he cannot truly die. Further, how is a sacrifice necessary to atone for arbitrary and conflicting rules set out by an inifinite being against mortals?

You say maturing of the faith, I still say apostasy. If the word does not change, the faith must not change. Any change is a deviation from the word.

As Christ was not altering the word, then by tacit deduction, he advocated all of the old law--- the stoning of homosexuals, the killing of adulterers, the murder of people who curse their parents.

The unclean animals argument falls on its face--- pork and shellfish are no more dangerous than beef, and all must be cooked properly to prevent contamination. If the Bible is a guide to healthy eating, why isn't there more focus on at least eating a vegetable every now and again? Other health habits such as ostracizing women on their periods? Or the forbidding of polyester?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15161  (isolation #352)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:14 pm

In post 15158, Fluminator wrote:
In post 15122, kuribo wrote:
In post 15118, Davsto wrote:I think Christianity is become more tolerant as Christians are striving to follow the base tenets that Jesus preached, of loving one another and behaving goodly to others even if they are different, over singular verses.

My contention is not that the Bible doesn't have lots of stuff in it about love and mercy.

It is, as I've said, that like the Quran, the Bible teaches the killing of infidels.

Therefore, if you don't believe infidels should be killed, you are not following the Bible / Quran, and therefore the "extremists" are actually the bearers of the true letter of the faiths.

Like, it's cool if you want to not kill gay people or stone adulterers or say oh well the New Testament blah blah blah

I'm not going to try to convince you that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you come across as ignorant and intellectually lazy.
I will warn you to be careful who you tell about your idea because they'll probably look at you as one of those atheists who thinks he knows a lot about religion when in reality doesn't know anything, and as a result have a hard time taking your beliefs seriously.

And I will warn you to be careful who you dismiss as not knowing the biblical texts because they'll probably look at you like one of those Christians who think no atheists were never fervent believers.

I spent more than half my life studying the Bible. It was the first book I ever learned to read. The "boy preacher," writing sermons at four, styling myself in the vein of the fiery revival preachers, laying awake at night at six because I was terrified I was too much of a sinner to be called when the Rapture comes, church youth groups in my early teens, a fundamental Christian education until I was sixteen, even considering overseas missionary outreach. But nah I don't know shit about the Bible.

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of people are atheists because they HAVE read the Bible?

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15162  (isolation #353)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:16 pm

Christians who claim the Bible doesn't teach some reprehensible things are pointing out the mote in islam's eye while ignoring the beam in their own

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15169  (isolation #354)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:35 pm

In post 15166, Fluminator wrote:
In post 15161, kuribo wrote:
In post 15158, Fluminator wrote:
In post 15122, kuribo wrote:

I'm not going to try to convince you that you have no idea what you're talking about and that you come across as ignorant and intellectually lazy.
I will warn you to be careful who you tell about your idea because they'll probably look at you as one of those atheists who thinks he knows a lot about religion when in reality doesn't know anything, and as a result have a hard time taking your beliefs seriously.

And I will warn you to be careful who you dismiss as not knowing the biblical texts because they'll probably look at you like one of those Christians who think no atheists were never fervent believers.

I spent more than half my life studying the Bible. It was the first book I ever learned to read. The "boy preacher," writing sermons at four, styling myself in the vein of the fiery revival preachers, laying awake at night at six because I was terrified I was too much of a sinner to be called when the Rapture comes, church youth groups in my early teens, a fundamental Christian education until I was sixteen, even considering overseas missionary outreach. But nah I don't know shit about the Bible.

Did it ever occur to you that a lot of people are atheists because they HAVE read the Bible?

And you genuinely believe the Bible teaches that Christians should live in a society as mentioned in the old testament Jewish law?

No. I said that Christians who believe those things are adhering to the word more closely than so-called moderate Christians. The bit about Jesus not replacing the old Jewish laws is a cop-out--- it allows people to pick and choose what parts of the Bible they follow. If the Old Testament law is irrelevant then why is it in the Bible? Why do Christians use Leviticus and Deuteronomy to justify hatred of homosexuality? Either the Old Testament laws are relevant or they aren't: and if you believe the Old Testament laws are flawed, then you believe god is flawed. And if God is flawed, his word is not the path to salvation.

And I'm not even saying that you believe those things: I'm saying that it's undeniable the Bible teaches awful things. You either believe them or you don't. That's on you and up to you. But I maintain that the "extremist" viewpoint is closer to the Bible as translated and written. If it was unerring and perfect, there would be no dispute about its intent.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15172  (isolation #355)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:39 pm

In post 15171, T S O wrote:I think that Christianity as a religion lends itself to moderation far better, in a large part due to the fact that the Bible is known to have been written by Jesus' disciples, while the Quran is believed to be the direct word of God, and consequently infallible. One of these things is far easier to open up to interpretation than the other.

If it's open to interpretation then it's hardly a model of how to live ones life. Man is fallable, and if one believes that man is flawed, then all his works are inherently flawed as well.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15178  (isolation #356)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:28 pm

You're right, Christians don't believe the Old Testament to be irrelevant: they make it irrelevant by ignoring its teachings. Plenty of Christians believe the Old Testament is relevant because they use it to justify anti-gay laws. What I'm saying is you can't have it both ways: either the Old Testament is a guide on how to live (and thus you should be stoning gay people, avoiding shellfish, and murdering unbelievers), or Christ made the law irrelevant (and thus the Old Testament is irrelevant). If you interpret "I come not to replace the law but to fulfill it" as "you no longer need to live by Old Testament law" then that's well and good, but you're not following the letter of the Bible as closely as the "extremists" and you make the old Jewish law irrelevant in your own eyes. You either live by them or you don't.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15180  (isolation #357)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm

In post 15174, chamber wrote:Correct me if I'm getting my religious facts wrong in this one, but weren't the commandments written by god destroyed/lost before anyone else actually saw them?

God was like hey Moses come on up bro

Moses was like oh shit dude I can see your back, sick lats man

God goes yeah man here have some stones with words

Moses goes thanks bruh I gotta share this with my peeps

meanwhile his boys were like eh Fuck it he dead time to worship metal cows

Moses comes down the mountain and he's like what the Fuck man a metal cow I got you these tablets and shit and you're worshipping livestock

So Moses just straight up smashes the stones but then he's like welp turns out those things were important better climb back up and y'all best not be worshipping no fuckin farm animals while I'm gone

So the people are like k

So Moses goes back up and god is like ok here's some more stones oh by the way you're gonna die before you guys get to your new house and those dairy-bowing idiots are gonna wander in the desert for like four decades

Moses is like well fuck okay

Then he climbs back down the mountain with a new set of stones

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15183  (isolation #358)  » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:39 pm

In post 15181, Davsto wrote:i want a translation of the bible done in that post style

it would make numbers less dull at least

Nothing could make numbers less dull

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15268  (isolation #359)  » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:18 pm

In post 15267, Psyche wrote:Image

even this photo boils my blood

Same

God I hate children

Look at those snot covered non-people

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15277  (isolation #360)  » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:00 pm

A gender studies degree is about the same as a creative writing degree

It's literally only good for creating more gender studies / creative writing majors

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15282  (isolation #361)  » Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:00 pm

In post 15280, Psyche wrote:I imagine it makes you a better writer/arguer.

i can't speak for the arguer but it's been said many many times by best selling authors that creative writing degrees are useless

publishers don't require it, readers don't care about it, and it hinders you finding your voice, turning your creative expression into a pass/fail situation with something that's extremely subjective

even if it's not completely worthless, you're not going to find a job based on having it.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15341  (isolation #362)  » Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:16 am

I'll just be blunt:

People don't refuse to debate with accountant because he holds some higher truth that they're trying to deny

We refuse to debate him because he's a fucking kid who posts the same kind of self righteous bullshit that anyone with a YouTube account can find in the comments section of any troll vid

When your honest opinion so closely parrots things that only a troll would say, you shouldn't be surprised when you're called a troll

It's impossible to debate someone who posts indefensible garbage and follows up with WELL IM RIGHT, and most of us don't even bother trying

Most of us grew out of that edgelord bullshit back in the mid 90s

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15510  (isolation #363)  » Wed May 10, 2017 12:24 pm

Authoritarian government is only great if you are the authority.

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15518  (isolation #364)  » Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

In post 15517, Fluminator wrote:Also yeah, you're probably a sociopath.

That would require the person be outwardly charming

I think the word you want is "narcissist."

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15524  (isolation #365)  » Wed May 10, 2017 6:49 pm

In post 15521, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 15520, Sesq wrote:
In post 15512, Accountant wrote:@Sesq: that's not entitlement? That's just conviction/arrogance.

so you think you're arrogant?

ok.

@Sesq
@Fluminator

Guys, if you argue with Accountant, then this becomes an endless Accountant thread. Go to Accountant's thread instead.

I placed him back on ignore because the idea of that shitshow being in my egosearch mortified me

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15561  (isolation #366)  » Tue May 16, 2017 2:42 pm

In post 15556, T S O wrote:Completely unrelated, but prominent male feminist goes crazy and attacks woman. Don't bottle it up, guys.

Kinda expected it to be Onision murdering one of his underage lovers tbh

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15654  (isolation #367)  » Thu May 18, 2017 8:03 pm

In post 15626, chamber wrote:Meh. I think thats misleading. If you look at the way they vote I think its dem sided (possibly because the dems and reps have both shifted right compared to when some of those people chose their party affiliation)

If that was true, Citizens United would have been struck down

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15655  (isolation #368)  » Thu May 18, 2017 8:05 pm

In post 15638, T S O wrote:I would, but it's a horrible bet, because I can only cash in eight years from now. I'll have to decline.

No it's a horrible bet because you said Eight MORE years

Even if he gets reelected, his successor's term will have started eight years from today

kuribo
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #15658  (isolation #369)  » Thu May 18, 2017 8:35 pm

The common carrier thing basically eliminates a large portion of competition for Comcast and Verizon

And that's just for starters
Last edited by kuribo on Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion