Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8025 (isolation #200) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7997, Not Chara wrote:how about you help me want to win this game. as it stands, i'm seriously considering replacing out to put someone in the slot who doesn't want to lynch themself just to see who the mafia are. and i don't think anyone, including the replacement, want that.
I've never replaced out of a game of Mafia, so that's not an option for me. As for Mafia, even our invesigatives can't tell who they are, so how am I supposed to tell for sure?? I'm merely guessing based on intuition and guts. *Shrug*

I'd lynch Yoshi if there IS enough consensus. Otherwise, I'm just going to entertain myself and have fun (something I don't get to do much.. I mean, I do have fun playing, but I don't get to be goofy and silly that often. My character allows me to be this goofy though, so I'm actually "role playing" it good!)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8027 (isolation #201) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 7998, Ankamius wrote:
In post 7985, Almost50 wrote:
In post 7967, Not Chara wrote:we weren't that great in Death Note, haha.
Don't remind me. Ank caught us for the wrong reasons, and yet -somehow- managed to do a F*** all and hand it to the SK I caught on D1. :lol:
Are you serious? I stepped the fuck up when it counted and only couldn't secure the win because of an invisible loophole in the setup.
Well, I'm not about to stir he scum hunting (if any) away by discussing a previous game in here, but it should've been a LYNCH THE SK ON PRINCIPLE. Not LEASH THEM to shoot the rest of Town according to SCUM MASTER wishes.

You found us. GOOD. You also found Synik. GREAT! Now LYNCH THE GODDAMN SERIAL KILLER AND MINIMIZE THE TOWN LOSSES AT NIGHT.

But whatever, our team lost fair and square, so it's not like you caused MY loss. It's just that I always root for Town against anyone as long as it's not my own faction.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8030 (isolation #202) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8018, Not Chara wrote:i still think i'm pocketed. scum not pushing for my lynch are probably doing so because they figure i'll be mislynched. Math's case on me makes no sense if town, but they probably are. and Yoshi is scum.
I have a suggestion. We both plead guilty and have Math lynching us both, then we go find a game where there are people who are actually trying to develop reads rather than pulling some out of thin air or fishing for someone else's role or being so friggin' stubborn the won't change their mind under any given circumstances. I hope you now see why I'm HAPPY about receiving the role of the ANNOYING Dog (emphasis on ANNOYING because that's the fun part). It is giving me room to release the pressure without venting of calling names. Sarcasm IS a cure, you know.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8033 (isolation #203) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Being stubborn = won't look at things even if they poked them in the eye = often wrong because of ignoring obvious stuff and manipulating one's own logic to reach the already designated conclusion.

And I KNOW you're wrong. At least about me. But there's absolutely nothing I can do to help you there, and I'm not going to change my real life character to fit a role playing game, and much less so to fit someone else's perceived idea of how I should play, and ESPECIALLY so when that someone has been more wrong than right in games we played together.

You may see it differently, but I'm calling it as
I
am seeing it. I play to have fun and that's exactly what I'm getting here. This game is FUN. This is also why I decided to stop editing my stats on the wiki for a while. I don't want to have a heart attack from getting too emotional and stuff. I do try to win, but I dropped the part about being pissed when people decide to act strange and be persistent about it.

Thank you.

VOTE TRUMP!

OH! You already did, it seems! :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8039 (isolation #204) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8035, Accountant wrote:I'd lynch a50 over NC
So rally for it and I will gladly join the parade.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8041 (isolation #205) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: Almot50

Although that's not really "rallying" it's just individual voting, but I appreciate the notion.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8045 (isolation #206) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8044, BigYoshiFan wrote:How are NC and I related? I don't see it.
Presumably all human race are descendants of Adan & Eve, so you're their umpteenth cousin or something!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8049 (isolation #207) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8048, BigYoshiFan wrote:That might be the first read I've understood and seen as townie from you.
Quit jerking around, and vote Almost50. He IS on your scum/lynch list, and your efforts are finally materializing.

Same goes to Math, btw. Both of you agree on this lynch, so don't miss your opportunity. Or maybe you're waiting till the wagon is @L-1 to make sure Ank doesn't hammer??

@Account: Now THAT is rallying, aka advertising, aka promoting your product, aka inviting people to join your cause. Now, are you willing to go the distance or are you just too lazy to actually develop reads so are hunting for a low fruit?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8059 (isolation #208) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8055, Ankamius wrote:
In post 8051, BigYoshiFan wrote:Scum because it is voting me.

Just kidding, but I don't recall it scumreading me yesterday as it says.
Nothing strikes out to me as scum from NC.
To be honest, I like NC's interaction with you right around 7950-ish.
I'm sorry, but your posts there seemed wack, and NC seemed to see it like I did.
I mean... is null acceptable? I'm sure you know by now that when you ask me for a read I won't deliver to the potential you're asking for.
I'm not understanding the scumreads on NC prior to this day, persuade me. I haven't spent much time on NC.
^Scumposting
Agreed, but he's supposidly part of a team that also includes Almost50 (who is EVIL I tell you), so vote Almost50 with me. You know you want to.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8061 (isolation #209) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In other words, you want me to defend myself so that I look scummier for you to take advantage of it and lead the inevitable lynch on me. Is that what you're saying??

Now a question for you: HOW ON EARTH do you KNOW getting myself lynched is against my win-con?? That's one more assumption that falls flat on my ears.

For all you know, I could be a Jester (and this IS a bastard game). I could be Scum protecting my scum buddies wither by preventing their lynch (because they have a stronger PR) or proving them right thus giving the Town cred (if they're bussing me already). I could be Town who knows getting lynched at some point results in something favourable to Town. I could be a whole number of things that you may or may not even be able to predict, keeping in mind Skull's Roles are never standard and they'll always have something genuine to toss into their games.

Also some people like it light, and I'm helping them by providing a light distraction to what otherwise would be bad drama mostly posted by yourself.

What I'm trying to accomplish here maybe a gambit, but I'm willing to take the risk at this point. The Town is already imploding on itself, and scum ARE in control of the most part of the game. If/when I get lynched there will be some scum on my wagon and there will be questions asked. Some people will get exposed. If not, then scum have already won the game anyway.

Now do I need to provide everyone with a map of my actions, why I do them, and what details I have hidden in my little black box?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8062 (isolation #210) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

FTR; I also don't see how you're telling someone you're scum reading with about 80% certainty to stop trolling and expect them to comply. It doesn't even make sense to expect me to listen to you if you think I'm scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8064 (isolation #211) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 8:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8063, MathBlade wrote:If you are planning to bus yourself though that is handled differently than campaigning for your own lynch.
And mow you're telling me how to ply my own role (if I was scum) according to how you woud perceive to be good scum play, which is EXACTLY why you shouldn't assume you know how I should play ANY given role because if I followed your rules I'd be exposed 11 times out of 10.
In post 8063, MathBlade wrote:There could be many roles yes. However a role is not what makes a player town. An alignment is.
I know that, and I wasn't arguing I was Town. I was arguing that yo don't know my role, and thus you don't know what I'm doing nor to what purpose.

As for the Jester thing, if I'm playing it bad then I won't get lynched. Right? So now assume that I'm either Town or Scum and work on it from the same perspective. You can't have your cake and eat it too, you know. It's either I'm getting myself lynched (which -in your mind- is against my win condition), or I'm doing a piss poor job of advocating m,y own lynch in which case I'm doing a superb job NOT to get lynched. ONE pick, please. Thank you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8098 (isolation #212) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8087, Accountant wrote:Creeps is town btw

I'n 95% certain this jester crap by A50 is a bluff.
I did not say I was a jester. I did NOT say that. I was using an example for the argument with Mathblade. I clearly said:
In post 8061, Almost50 wrote:
I could be a Jester
(and this IS a bastard game).
I could be Scum
protecting my scum buddies wither by preventing their lynch (because they have a stronger PR) or proving them right thus giving the Town cred (if they're bussing me already).
I could be Town
who knows getting lynched at some point results in something favourable to Town. I could be a whole number of things that you may or may not even be able to predict, keeping in mind Skull's Roles are never standard and they'll always have something genuine to toss into their games.
And followed that with:
In post 8064, Almost50 wrote:As for the Jester thing, if I'm playing it bad then I won't get lynched. Right? So now assume that I'm either Town or Scum and work on it from the same perspective. You can't have your cake and eat it too, you know.
So, please stop skimming and actually read before you post.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8099 (isolation #213) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8089, SirCakez wrote:
In post 8087, Accountant wrote:Creeps is town btw

I'n 95% certain this jester crap by A50 is a bluff.
yuuuup
It's definitely something I'd expect A50 scum to do too.
And that is based on.. what?! I'd like you to provide examples. OK, ONE example.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8102 (isolation #214) » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8096, Accountant wrote:
In post 8092, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:I agree that the Jester thing is most likely nonsense, I disagree that it is necessarily scum motivated. A50 has given me more the impression of someone trolling because he thinks this game has become uninteresting, rather than that of someone who tries to convince people that he is a Jester because in reality he is scum trying to avoid lynching. It seems needlessly complicated.
That's illegal, and he should be blacklisted for playing against wincon if he does that.
You can't blacklist a DOG!! :eek:

Humans are the ONLY thing you can blacklist, discriminate against, or even mercilessly kill on this planet. :twisted:

I'm under the protection of the Animal Rights Militia, and if you come any closer they will shoot to kill. You're only human so you're very much expendable. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8132 (isolation #215) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8110, MathBlade wrote:Scum would know if someone acted differently in said PT.
This is an awful "Microsoft style" statement, i.e. generally true but very misleading. If Scum can tell the difference among themselves in their own PT, so should the Town in this very thread which I don't see any signs of it being the case.

And, btw.. A50 stopped the "spam" a day ago, and we're still getting nowhere. In fact, not a single piece of information or a meticulous revelation/deduction has been made either. We're holding grounds and hoping that Scum will reveal themselves to us by some miracle.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8135 (isolation #216) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8120, MathBlade wrote:I don't want to give a hammer to a person who didn't hammer conf scum.
Good argument. Have Cakez hammer.. or Accountant.. or .. WAIT! You're talking about YOSHI's lynch? Never mind. Carry on.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8144 (isolation #217) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8133, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8131, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 8130, MathBlade wrote:I am not. Scum try to win. So do town. Scum win through manipulation. Town, such as myself, win by finding those people. Again nothing manipulative there.

Almost50+Not Chara thoughts on them?
Nice attempt at switching to a different topic, one I've already answered.
No you didn't. You gave a wishy washy meh answer. Why aren't you sorting people?

Pedit: Almost50's post is a scum claim. You said you don't see any difference between the scum PT and this one and that requires you to have access TO said scum PT. Mind telling us who the other scums are? Oh and since you don't talk about Not Chara it's probably your buddy.

VOTE: Almost50
I didn't say "Scum would know if someone acted differently" in their own PT. YOU DID. Here:
In post 8110, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8108, Nahdia wrote:
In post 8107, MathBlade wrote:Scum know likely how many people got culted if any.
where are you getting this stuff, math.
Scum would know how many people at the start of the game are scum.
Scum would have a night PT to talk in.
Scum know how many are in said PT.
Scum would know if someone acted differently in said PT.

Scum would also know if numbers less than expected how many got culted if there is a cult with arithmetic.
I responded asserting that if Scum could do it in their PT then we should be able to do it in this thread, and since I don't see a difference/change in anyone's playstyle I deduce your (statement bolded and coloured red) is false.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8148 (isolation #218) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8141, MathBlade wrote:As far as I'm concerned this trio needs to release one of *NSYNC's older singles.
And this one is dedicated to Mathblade, aka the greatest Town detective on the planet. Enjoy.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8157 (isolation #219) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8132, Almost50 wrote:If Scum can tell the difference among themselves in their own PT, so should the Town in this very thread which I don't see any signs of it being the case.
Do we have any native English speaker who happen to be good in mathematics to try and interpret my talk to Mathblade, please? Clearly their is a huge gap in my communication with them, with both of us communicating in English when it's not the mother tongue of either of us. Oh, and in case you're wondering; Mathblade's original language only consists of dashes and dots (those are the capitals) or zeros and ones (the lower case). They may have developed some other symbols (such as Pi for 22/7 and Sigma for the sum of a given set of numbers) but even that is considered non-Orthodox to their prime tongue.

OK, let me try another way: Math; you and I are two parallel lines, thus we will never meet. Parts .. erm.. segments of us may also appear occasionally as opposite sides of a regular geometric shape such as a square, a rectangle or a diamond .. etc. So I'll quit trying to figure out how you operate because the vector sum of my efforts is always equal to zero.

Now -just out of curiosity- how many different solutions can you come up with on your own for the Matsumi Suzuki Magic Star quiz??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8171 (isolation #220) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK. guys. My "scum buddies" have requested that I remove my vote off myself, so..

UNVOTE:

This also helps me try to prevent Ank from getting the hammer on me.

Now he real talk:

Math is making no sense at all. Early on when they had just replaced in they where making more sense, and thus I suspected them for being scum (meta read on Mathblade). Now that they are back to their nonsensical nature that scum is starting to wear off, but I'm worried about them readjusting their playstyle precisely for that purpose: appearing like Tonw!math.

BigYoshi has recently felt more genuinely puzzled, so my scum read on that slot has been temporarily revoked as well.

Now I think ther has to be at east one scum in Accountant/SirCakez. Notice how Accountant -for instance- only pooped up to cast a vote on me then disappeared a while only to come back and place a useless post and back to the deep of the ocean they dived.

Scum are letting Math do their work for them while trying not to appear in the picture themselves, thus subtly casting votes and withdrawing from the scene. The Town IS indeed doing the Scum job for them, and pretty damn well too.

VOTE: Accountant

@Chara:

Yes, I was trying to do "that" thing *Meaningful Wink* but that was NOT "all" I was trying to do, hence your confusion. ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8177 (isolation #221) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8166, Not Chara wrote:
In post 8154, MathBlade wrote:More so that most of my town reads have quit playing the game and the ones that are here are so blatantly scum. It's that the more you post shit and the more nothing happens I realize that town apathy may happen. AGAIN.
if you're town, you're too blind to realize that most of the scum are silently coasting.
Stop it right there!

We've only played two games with that hydra, and in one we were NK'd on N1, and we're already thinking alike and at the same time?? That's kind of scary when you consider the likelihood of us playing as separate entities in other future games. :shifty:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8180 (isolation #222) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8172, MathBlade wrote:Cakez is town. No touchy the cakey.
Now THAT actually DOUBLES my suspicions about him.

If you're Town: Your reads are guaranteed to be TERRIBAD, so he's likely Scum.

If you're Scum; it sounds like you're trying to protect a scum buddy, so he IS scum.

Either way you slice it, Cakez is back to being a prime suspect of mine.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8181 (isolation #223) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8174, MathBlade wrote:That post from A50 is bullshit. I have a perfect record this game of lynching scum and I don't plan on stopping.
Yes, a perfect record of ONE. Tell me something, do Probability & Statistics theories and laws allow the use of a sample of ONE .. EVER?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8182 (isolation #224) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 1:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8176, BigYoshiFan wrote:So... MathBlade making no sense makes him townie to you?
Unfortunately, YES. Town!Math has a terrible habit of not reading, comprehending or paying attention. They come in, pull some reads out of thin air, and try to bend every logic in the whole universe to prove them right. Even after they are proven wrong (by a flip or an investigation result or a mod-confirmation .. etc) they still won't stop. They'd g as far as doubting a mod-confirmed IC. *Nods*

Scum!Math though is more articulate and much more reasonable, as they do think and plan ahead. They thus appear more sensical when they're Scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8186 (isolation #225) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, myself, Yoshi and Chara are prepared to vote Cakez. Narna might, but still needs to reread stuff. That's 3.5 votes there. Assuming Ank wants to hammer (and then vig me tonight) that could be up to 5.

On the other hand, Cakez himself and Accountant (his scum buddy) are firmly against it, and so is Mathblade.

That's a total of 8 players. There are 5 more slots still alive in this game, and I would appreciate it if we knew what they thought of Cakez. Gio? Pine?? Um.. is Nahdia still alive somewhere?? PV will eventually show up, I know (based on my experience playing with him before), but what about Creeps (the most active of all 5 recently)? Any objections to a Cakez lynch, Creeps?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8187 (isolation #226) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Accountant:

Oh, don't worry. Your time will come. When Cakez does flip red there'll be no place for you to hide and no room to maneuver.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8193 (isolation #227) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OMG! Narna makes a VERY GOOD POINT! When a player gets culted they do lose their previous role abilities. OF COURSE.

Nahdia does need to jail someone with an active night ability tonight to prove they still have that JK role/ability.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8212 (isolation #228) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8197, MathBlade wrote:I object wholeheartedly to a Cakez lynch. Second of all how do you know all three of you are for the lynch?
:facepalm: Because we are scum partners and have already discussed it in our PT! I slipped! :lol:

@Yoshi:

See what I mean? DOES NOT READ! Or rather; reads specific poss and skims the rest.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8215 (isolation #229) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8199, MathBlade wrote:And why would you guys all agree when some of you supposedly scumread each other. Doesntthat give you any pause?
Exhibit #2

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8217 (isolation #230) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8201, MathBlade wrote:If only someone would give it to me. *tonal change*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8220 (isolation #231) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8206, MathBlade wrote:I just wonder why they are doing it NOW and not about the Maxous stuff hmmm?
Reread my stance to know where I stood about Maxous "before and after" he claimed 3P.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8222 (isolation #232) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8210, MathBlade wrote:@Almost50 Still waiting on an answer
You can't force me to answer to anything. I know my rights. I've been to the movies and I know my goddamn rights. You need a subpoena to interrogate me. Otherwise, I'm taking the 5th and you can talk to my lawyer. :P

But seriously, the answer is already there. You're just not reading.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8227 (isolation #233) » Thu Dec 15, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8216, BigYoshiFan wrote:Right... but this is supposed to be townie to you?
What can I say? This is how it is.

I'll give you an example: In a game I watched them play in recently they were in a hood. Right? This hood had a "mole" .. a Traitor. They suspected a certain player of being that traitor based on fluff, and from that moment on they kept being silly like this. They questioned how their suspect knew THE FLIPPED GUNSMITH was going GUNSMITH someone when they (Mathblade) only said that they were going to "check" that someone. Like a Gunsmith is supposed to track someone? Motion detect someone??

Furthermore, the true traitor offered the SCUM PLAYER (whom Math also suspected and was pushing for their lynch) a way out of a certain delicate situation by offering them a preemptive claim before they even tried to defend themselves. Math didn't see hat.

Then that same Traitor exposed the 5th member of the hood (up to that point everybody knew there was a 5th member, bu didn't know whom it was). Math STILL didn't see that, and kept accusing the "other one" of being he Traitor in the hood.

There are other examples of Town!Math being horrible with both reads and reasoning, but I'm not going to spend all night reviewing Math's playstyle. Suffice it to say this exactly how I expect them to be. This is why made a rule to myself to never sheep Math in any given situation. I mean, people can (and do) get wrong all the time, but sometimes you can see how they got there.. find a proper excuse. Not with Math. They only excel when they're SCUM. Only then do they make sense.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8244 (isolation #234) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8235, Not Chara wrote:can we lynch Peregrine?
VOTE: Peregrine
No. We certainly can't. PV is TOWN.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8245 (isolation #235) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8238, Pine wrote:Prodded. I've had a rough couple of days, including a minor house fire. I've only been able to keep up with a few games, and this one moves really fast with a lot of stuff to process.

Catching up now.
fast? This game?? A lot of stuff to process??? :eek:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8250 (isolation #236) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Yoshi:

You wanna go full force on Cakez and give Ank the hammer in the process?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8251 (isolation #237) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

For me it's Cakez+Accountant. A close runner up would be Pine, but I'm not as sue about that one.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8254 (isolation #238) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8252, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'm fine with Cakez, but I would prefer MathBlade. I think a lot more can be read from the associations he's made with people if we knew his alignment.
I will not support a lynch on Math st this point. No associations can be deduced from their posts either. Town!Math is a random shooting revolver. If/when they flip Town you can never say "Oh! They were accusing X, so X is likely scum" nor can you say "Y agreed with Math a lot so Y must be Town too".

It's between Cakez and Accountant for me today. I'm not going to vote anyone else unless it was to stop Ank from getting a hammer, and I don't think I want to deny him that today either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8262 (isolation #239) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8258, MathBlade wrote:Ank shouldn't get hammers until he listens to concrete evidence. Anyone that doesn't lynch conf!scum for fear of trap is someone who is derp! town don't give them a gun, aiding and abetting scum.
Are you arguing for the sake of argument?? Ank expressed his will to shoot ME. You had already expressed a scum read on ME. I'm willing to give Ank the hammer under the assumption he will be shooting ME. Then you say you're against it??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8314 (isolation #240) » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8308, Narna wrote:I'm thinking A50 has a mechanic similar to Maxous. I will be very unhappy if Ank doesn't get the hammer to safely kill him at night.
Oh, Shucks! I'm caught red-handed. Hand in the cookie jar! :P

How many mods do you know who would include two anti-Town 3P players with similar mechanics in the same game? Cuz from where I stand I can't be neither Town nor Scum with a mechanic like that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8357 (isolation #241) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

This game is so fast paced it might end before the year 3k :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8359 (isolation #242) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Narna:

The thing is I've played enough times with PV to know his absence here is totally NOT incriminating. I've seen him literally not posting and not even reading in a game where he was scum alright, but he was doing the exact same thing in another game (that incidentally was running simultaneously with that one) and he was the Town Doctor. He didn't even submit an action in that game because he wasn't there to submit one.

Now, the part I'm arguing is he did show up and appeared more active at the start of the game, which makes him Town AND interested. The game then stagnated and fell into apathy with too many bad reads and mislynches, so he may have lost interest. Otherwise, it's just PV who got go caught up IRL as he always does.

So, active (and communicating) = Town, while lurking = NAI for PV. And "pressuring" him with a vote won't work either. He literally showed up AFTER he was hammered when he was the Town Doctor.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8469 (isolation #243) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8421, MathBlade wrote:
In post 5523, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 5508, Shiro wrote:The revolution is at hand.

Let's lynch

Vote:Almost

Join me brave warrior. J
i support this if we cant all just get along
Yep this is scum. No way Snarky doesn't use it after the clusterfuck of a Shiro day.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You want to guess how SNARKY would or would not have played it out?? You obviously don't know Snarky.

FYI, SS is totally unpredictable, which makes it both fun yet a pain in the neck to try and get a confident enough read on him.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8471 (isolation #244) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8464, Ankamius wrote:Can I have one fucking person in this game not scum the hell out of their slot for one day phase?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8478 (isolation #245) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mathblade:

Well, since you're at it; why don't you also tell us why JFK was killed? nah! That'd be to easy.

OK, try this link and solve the 10 mysterious murders of all time:

http://listverse.com/2014/03/28/10-comp ... ver-solve/

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8719 (isolation #246) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8558, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8553, Narna wrote:Math switch back to a50
I scumread both. Why?

@JaeReed -- Hello. Word of warning lots of pages. You also have a PT with me and others. I think you might also have a scum PT too. That last one is gut.
math, you're overdoing it for realz. If he has a scum PT he already knows. It'd be in his role PM!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8720 (isolation #247) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8560, Nahdia wrote:almost50: annoying dog that we should shoot. something happens to whoever kills/hammers them. apparently not a supersaint/bomb but, it will be annoying.
I'm neither confirming nor denying any of this, but I will speak from a theory perspective:

If "something happens to whoever kills/hammers them" is true, then why are voting me early? Why do you want someone else to "get annoyed", and precisely Ank (the one you said you wanted to hammer)??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8721 (isolation #248) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

I think Nahdia is FINALLY giving some scum indicators. They want to rid themselves (and their team) from worrying about an Ank vig shot, so they're trying to get me lynched with Ank hammering so he will be the receiver of whatever effect Nahdia thinks my hammerer would be subject to.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8722 (isolation #249) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8567, MathBlade wrote:...
Nahdia do math
. ..... .
I am not Chara
as I am Undyne.
OK, I'm SirCakez then. Cakez do Creeps. Now who is Gio?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8724 (isolation #250) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8581, BigYoshiFan wrote:I didn't even understand he was referring to the neighborhood. :facepalm:
Neither did I, tbh. I thought they were hunting for the scum team.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8725 (isolation #251) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8582, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8567, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8564, Nahdia wrote:You do understand I'm referring to Chara the undertale character, not Chara as in Not Chara, right?
Correct a mundo. Nahdia do math. No one has claimed Chara
in the thread
. I am not Chara as I am Undyne.
Ok, then somebody claimed Chara in the hood. Chara is supposed to be an evil character (from what I gather from Nahdia's posts), and you're still not pushing that slot???

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8726 (isolation #252) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:02 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8588, MathBlade wrote:They did yes. Look at your list. If I say who then something makes sense of what I am doing but if I say who then I risk the attention of Chara which is bad if they are group scum or lying about something. But if you happen to put it together and happen to tell the thread then I keep my promise of not saying it.
So, explicitly telling us that someone did claim Chara does not catch their attention, nor does the fact that you are saying this right her, but only if you explicitly told us who they are that it does catch their attention? Now that makes sense!!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8728 (isolation #253) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8590, Ankamius wrote:zzz

Jae-slot isn't Chara because I am Chara.

It really should've been braindead obvious just by what I'm claiming.
Your play doesn't makes sense as scum though (at least not to me), so I'll wait for the flavour expert to shed light on this.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8731 (isolation #254) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8599, Ankamius wrote:No, the later states of my role allow me to carry the fuck out of town because town has been significantly below a base competence level this game.
I maybe a fool, but I'm my own fool, and I think I like to believe you on this, so no voting you from me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8732 (isolation #255) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Like, I REALLY don't see Ank claiming an evil character if he was Scum. I think this might be my 3rd of 4th game with him, and I don't think he is that dumb, so if Chara is a shady character and he claimed that he is most likely Town with a negative utility (which coincides with his claim of Miller and hated.. etc.)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8733 (isolation #256) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8600, Nahdia wrote:Let's let Chara hammer, guys.
Not a chance. I mean, if you want to shoot the dog, the dog will make sure Ank does NOT hammer.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8735 (isolation #257) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8605, Nahdia wrote:I say we make Chara shoot the dog.
Nope. Not that either.

Guys, Nahdia is practically scum claiming. They're the only one who understand my role now, and they're blatantly trying to get Ank to inherit it. Did I say inherit?? YES I DID.

Whoever hammers me or shoot me loses their other abilities and become the Annoying Dog themselves. It won't switch their alignment though. Just their role.

Now can we lynch conf!Scum Nahdia?

VOTE: Nahdia

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8737 (isolation #258) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8606, MathBlade wrote:Narna clears you and Accountant and Creeps.
I don't give a rat's fart about these logical mazes though, and especially so when not a single team scumster has flipped. It could be that Nahdia can't kill but is scum still. It could be that only one scum can kill and the ability gets passed either at will or when they die. It could be that .. or it could be this .. or it could be whatever... etc. LOTS of "theoretical propositions" that remain just that: THEORETICAL PROPOSITIONS, until A GROUP SCUM MEMBER has been lynched.

The fact Nahdia FULLY understood my role and yet is pushing for the only slot that has claimed any real power in our favour to hammer/shoot me is almost scum claiming on it's own.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8738 (isolation #259) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8736, Not Chara wrote:if that's the case, it would definitely not be ideal for Ankamius to shoot you. how do you know that nahdia is aware your killer inherits your power?

if it comes down to it, i'll hammer Almost. not that he's a preferred lynch of mine.
ISO Nahdia. They said something annoying happens to my hammerer and/or shooter, while acknowledging it's not a SuperSaint nor a Vengeful effect. Annoying isn't by any chance synonymous with -say- good, is it?? It's not like whoever hammers me would get BP, investigative powers, or some extra cash to spend on Xmas.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8739 (isolation #260) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8608, Nahdia wrote:But what if we make him shoot the dog? Then the dog will annoy him. Everybody wins.
EXACTLY! You get rid of TWO Town slots in one shot. Not only that, but I said it won't change alignments. You probably would have used the annoying effect if I hadn't said that (and I didn't before) to push for Ank's lynch next and then have some other Townie hammering too.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8742 (isolation #261) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8609, MathBlade wrote:
In post 8608, Nahdia wrote:But what if we make him shoot the dog? Then the dog will annoy him. Everybody wins.
I don't trust Ank to shoot who we say.
And he SHOULDN'T.

You can switch your vote to me now, and have 3 others vote me (Chara is willing, and I would rather Ank too just to be absolutely sure.. ). If you put me @L-1 I'll hammer myself, and that will be the end of the Annoying Dog. That's the best I can do given the Town in general has it's head so far up it's arse.

I was hopeful I'd get hammered by a scumster (or NK'd by one) and thus weakening the scum by stripping a member of theirs off of all their abilities. It seems like I cant do that anymore.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8743 (isolation #262) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

Ank is NOT scum and I've just explained why. You also know Ank (he's the one who lynched us in Death Notebook). Do you think he will go as far as claiming CHARA if he was Scum?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8744 (isolation #263) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8622, MathBlade wrote:Correct but I am think Chara may be Town/3P

Math, stop with the 3P shit. We lynch ALL NON-TOWN. Now go back to the thread and check if Ank claimed Chara before or after the lynch of Maxous. Either way I think Ank is Town, but if he claimed that after the Maxous lynch he is CONFIRMED, because if he was 3P he already knew at that point that 3P = anti-Town in this game.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8745 (isolation #264) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

Also, skullduggery ALWAYS provides scum with proper fake claims, and Chara isn't exactly a "proper" fake claim. Ank IS Chara, and he IS Town.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8746 (isolation #265) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8627, MathBlade wrote:Nahdia this is bastard

And I did say I know there's at least one bastard aspect in the game, and that is a role change caused by my slot being dead in anyway. It's the closest thing to a Goo role. Goo + Vaniliser even. Whatever.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8751 (isolation #266) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8648, Ankamius wrote:The biggest reason I want Accountant dead is because he went beyond the scope of the game to try to put down my playstyle. A distant secondary reason is because he's scum.
You do realize I spent most of the day voting Accountant with not support from anyone else. Right?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8754 (isolation #267) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8675, JaeReed wrote:
In post 8592, Ankamius wrote:If anyone wants to try to bullshit an excuse to lynch me for flavor, keep in mind that my role being group-scum makes far less sense than a third party, which would be pretty hilarious with another confirmed third party in the game.
This is a skull game so it's possible.

In Borderlands there was a role that wanted to be nightkilled, 2 3-man scum teams, and a serial killer. Two third parties.
Nice to know this is an alt. The question is whose alt is it? In other words, who were you in Borderlands?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8760 (isolation #268) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8698, Accountant wrote:@JaeReed: because the dog self-voted and started trolling the thread and I don't see why town would do that. it's not like he was frustrated town at L-1, he had like 2 votes max on him
Neglecting that the first vote on me was from you, and was precisely placed there after I had dared you to vote me and promised to help you lynch me .. IS VERY SCUMMY.

I did try to lure you and your faction to accumulate your votes on me, and I still think you are a SCUM NEIGHBOURIZER. The trick didn't yield fruit though, and your scum partners waited for TOWN to complete the lynch so they would still appear innocent when I flip, but -more importantly- because if you're scum with Nahdia (and I think you are) then they told the whole scum team about that "special effect" of my hammerer getting annoyed, so -naturally- you want a Town slot to hammer me, and what better than a claimed Town Vig?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8761 (isolation #269) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8730, Not Chara wrote:Almost, what about flavour do you want to know? i can tell you right now, a Chara claim is not automatic scum by a longshot. both Chara and Frisk are characters that could feasibly be on any side of the conflict. Asriel being town lends even more credence to that.
I don't know what to ask to begin with. I guess I was wondering if Chara would be an automatic bad role, which you have just refuted. I'm not paying much attention to flavour in general, and trying to concentrate more on the MAFIA playing, but a little bit of falvour spec isn't gonna hurt, so I had to ask.

but I'll reiterate: I do NOT think Ank is Scum regardless, and in particular with the claim of a shady character that could be of any alignment. I know Ank would have been given a better fake claim if he was Scum, and if not then he could have come up with one that fit properly.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8764 (isolation #270) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8734, Not Chara wrote:SirCakez
PeregrineV
BigYoshiFan
Almost50
Creeps20
Giovanni

continuing with the assumption that clears are clear (which is in-line with my townreads within the group, barring Giovanni), these are the only players i'd be willing to lynch today. so, my unvote is a bit moot. i'd still like to examine them to see who i'd prefer.
Actually, I'm willing to go against the tide and declare all clears to be uncleared, and thus won't be taking them into consideration until someone flips and their alignment is confirmed. In fact, the one who would provide us with the most info in that circle would still be Narna, but I'm not willing to flip that slot just yet since we do have better lynch targets in Nahdia, Accountant and Cakez.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8765 (isolation #271) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8741, Not Chara wrote:i think you've gone a bit too far in your assumptions. you're calling nahdia confscum for wanting a scumread to get annoyed by killing a different scumread
The thing Nahdia does Town read Ank and has called numerous times on him to hammer just about anyone (arguing against Math). Nahdia wants to be viewed as TOWN reading Ank to gain Ank's trust and lead him into the trap they have set for him. There's no sense in Nahdia scum reading Ank AND arguing against Math denying him the chance to hammer -say- Yoshi simultaneously.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8767 (isolation #272) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:09 am

Post by Almost50 »

However, even if Ank was given the hammer on Yoshi then Nahdia would call for him to shoot me next, and thus coming to the same resut they are/were pursuing, and that's getting rid of Ank's role.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8769 (isolation #273) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8766, Nahdia wrote:
In post 8765, Almost50 wrote:Nahdia does Town read Ank
excuse you?
Chara has just quoted your post arguing FOR Ank towniness. Try to show me how that post rhymes with your alleged scum read on Ank which you are now implying.

Straight up: What's your read on Ank? Then -if you would be so kind as to- explain why it's alright for Ank to hammer Yoshi if it comes to that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8779 (isolation #274) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8762, Nahdia wrote:Chara would not be an automatic bad role. Chara could easily be either alignment. I just don't particularly trust Ank and want him to hammer you.
You realize what you're saying is you're not sure about the alignment of either of myself or Ank, yet are willing to sacrifice both roles for your own amusement after the Town has mislynched on 4 of 5 lynches?? HOW is this Town motivated play?? Like, every single Townie is being careful with their own "not sure" pile and wanting to lynch those they are actually scum reading strongly (and that includes the totally misguided TOWN!Mathblade). There's not much room for us to "experiment". Unless a lynch CONFIRMS someone else I'm not going to compromise on a "suspect" slot, and much less so on a Town lean.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8789 (isolation #275) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8770, Nahdia wrote:HOW DARE I TRY TO GET RID OF A POSSIBLY TOWN VIG WHO IS TRYING TO SHOOT IN A POOL FULL OF MECH-CLEARS.
THERE ARE NO MECHANICAL CLEARS WHEN NONE OF THEM HAS FLIPPED. A mechanical clear is one who has been cleared by someone CONFIRMED. We are GUESSING someone IS Town, but we still DON'T KNOW, so any clears they've given are ASSUMED clears, not CONFIRMED clears.

I trust Ank's judgement, and I have sent him some "signals" through my play and posts NOT to hammer me or try to vig me. If you missed those, I said I was going to deny him any hammer except one on me (and knowing me he should have been alerted by that one for starters). Then I argued with Math and told them Ank is going to shoot me at night (another sign Ank should have picked on, because if I'm scum there's no way I'd welcome a vig shot on me unless it caused the Town harm, so either I'm scum who wanted to harm him or Town who is trying to get him paranoid enough NOT to shoot me).

Some players do get my play -to an extent- and some don't. Ank falls in the category of understanding "some" of my play aspects. Not fully so, but I believe he does get signals even if he cannot fully comprehend the whole message behind them. Chara would have too. There's NO WAY I'm inviting someone to shoot me -as either alignment- unless I/my faction benefited from it, and those who know that will automatically AVOID shooting me when I express will to being shot.

Now you can do whatever, deduce whatever, try to use whatever assumptions you want to. Just don't expect me to accept anything you propose to be true or think the same way you do. NO MECHANICAL CLEARS FOR ME YET.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8797 (isolation #276) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8774, MathBlade wrote:If we had a cult it would have had to already exist pre Maxous death.
If it did then it was not "created" when he got lynched. :facepalm:

Math; you're now arguing the mod told us a lie, when you have numerously stated that this wasn't the case and could not be because of the rule explicitly mentioned at the first post.

According to SKULL a new faction was CREATED when Maxous got lynched. That's the CULT faction (or whatever you want to call it). Now whether we had ANOTHER scum faction from before is the question. I have no idea if Maxous had the ability to kill. If he did then it could be the case that there was no other scum in the game before he got lynched. HOWEVER, the way he claimed 3P tha could win with Town tells me he himself thought there was ANOTHER scum faction (or at least another non-Town-aligned role) in-play, so I'm of the opinion we did have a scum team at the start of the game and then had another faction created when Maxous got lynched.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8810 (isolation #277) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:12 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8794, MathBlade wrote:Because the new faction would be created if any and all culted players in the game became a scum faction. That is a new faction.
But this is the REVERSE of "MY" faction. If there was a cult that turned Mafia with Maxous lynch it is NOT "Maxous' Faction". If Mafia turned into Cult though, it would be, and so is the case of players of any given alignment switching to cult members.

What I propose id the one-day delay was for MAXOUS himself to hand pick HIS faction. Let's say when Max got lynched he was had the ability to recruit -again "say"- 3 or 4 players. A 24 hours period was needed for him to submit his picks and for Skull to edit the NEW PM roles of said players (at least with their names) and send it out. They probably lost their previous abilities and received new ones, so -again- the elongated night phase was for them to resubmit their action according to their new roles.

So, 24 hours for MAX to hand pick the scum/cult members, and an elongated night so they have time to actually read their PMs and act accordingly (some players, and especially those with no night action would have not checked the game or maybe not even logged into the site until the night was over so an additional day made suer hey did come back to check and read their new roles).

How's THAT?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8890 (isolation #278) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8815, MathBlade wrote:I just don't buy 7-8 antitown players in this game. That would make me one of the few towns temaining.
maybe we started with a 3-person scum team + Maxous as 3P, and when he dies a new faction of 2 is created, meaning 6 Scum in total (3 Scum + Maxous + 2 when he dies). That's not a stretch, and we still have the majority.

But that is only one theory. There's always an explanation that will work and won't know about it until the game is over. That's Skull for you. (I didn't even know how I died when I was a cowardly hider until later. I had targeted the Doctor who had targeted a passive poisoner. The Doctor died on the same night but my death was delayed till the next night.)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8923 (isolation #279) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:51 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8853, PeregrineV wrote:Right. Because mafia and cult win together, and cult can grow, so killing the mafia members seems dumb for cult.
1- Cult canNOT win with Mafia. These are usually two separate OPPOSING factions. One can recruit, the other can kill. Only ONE of them can be winners.

2- I don't know why the name "cult" always gets confused with the ROLE of cult to begin with. What _I_ mean here is "worshippers.. supporters" not that they actually can recruit.

I thus propose Maxous role worked something close to this:

3P. needing to srvive for as long as he could. When he dies he can pick 2 players to recruit as "his faction" and can still win if these can get to LyLo and get the majority.

So, the later Maxous dies the better because he only had 2 recruits upon his death (the number can be adjusted to 3, maybe, but let's look at the principle and let the numbers be worked out later).

If Maxous himself got to -say- the last 5 players, 2 of those were scum and 2 Town it would be a game of luck for all. Lynching Maxous gets the 2 Townies recruited, but then one one will be shot at night resulting in a MAFIA WIN.

Lynching a Mafioso results in a 2-1-1 going into the might and if the remaining Mafioso shoots Maxous he recruits the 2 remaining Townies and MAXOUS promptly wins.

Lynching a Mafios, but the remaining one shoot a Townie and it's a 3-way 3-person LyLo again (the outcome is very much up to the Mod. maybe cal it a 3-way draw. Maybe MAXOUS would lose his ability to recruit and then if he gets lynched the Mafia wins bc they can kill the remaining Townie. Maybe if the Mafioso gets lynched the Town wins outright because that's how the Mod had decided it to be from the start. maybe .. you get the picture).

So, let me try this one more time:

1- We -probably- had a 3-person Mafia team + Maxous as a 3P aligned player at the start of the game.

2- At any given point when Maxous dies (either by lynch or by NK) he is given he option to pick 2 Town-aligned players for his "new faction".

3- The "Town-aligned players" in #2 is a mere proposition. It could be that he gets to choose 2 "living" players in which case he doesn't know who scum are still (if he did then it was after he was lynched as it's OK if he got spoilered).

4- The 3 Mafia and/or the 2 recruits is also a mere guess/proposition.

5- The "At any given point" is ALSO a mere proposition Maybe it's UNLESS it's LyLo. Maybe Maxous thought he could win with the Town (or had targeted such a win) as he gets to convert to Town-algned when/if he reaches LyLo.

In any case, what we do know is we had a scum team AND a new faction got created with Maxous Lynch. Oh, I forgot:

6- Maybe Maxous only gets to pick his recruits if he dies by lynch, but if he is NK'd he loses promptly.

So, let's stop being acting like each and everyone of us had their own "holy scripture" revealed to them and that it IS the TRUTH.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8924 (isolation #280) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8859, JaeReed wrote:Alright, here's what I think.

Maxous was choosing someone each night to future-cult upon his death. The cult team can no longer grow and was only created upon his death. Therefore they're essentially a survivor faction now.
Whether they gained a faction nightkill is debatable. Whether they can win with town is debatable.
This could also be the case. That way whoever Maxous "secretly" submitted for as a recruit to his future faction would not have known they were chosen before he was lynched. They also could be lynched/NK'd and flip TOWN as their alignment had not yet changed.

I disagree with the last line tough. Our win-con is explicit about eliminating all non-Town players. It also defies the purpose of there being a new faction to begin with. The new faction is a stand alone faction and cannot win with either Town or Scum. They need to gain the majority to control the vote-count, and most probably do NOT have a kill of their own either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8928 (isolation #281) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8879, JaeReed wrote:You're included in that. You know this is my town game.
Nahdia is voting you for precisely your last line that I had commented on in my previous post. It was the same reason why we also lynched Maxous to begin with (talking about me and Nahdia). He claimed 3P that can win with Town, which outright contradicts the stated wincon in the Town Role PMs. You migh want to check yoursto verify how it's worded.

The reason I'm not joining Nahdia on your wagon is bc you've just replaced in, and I know for a fact you might have skimmed your Role PM like I usually do when I replace into a Town slot. I "assume" the win-con is to eliminate all scum.. all anti-town.. but only when I need to do I refer to my Role PM again and read word for word.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8935 (isolation #282) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8927, MathBlade wrote:If Maxous was a cult recruiter then the people he recruited would have to be told and change alignments period. Otherwise we would have to all magically find one player to lynch before the halfway mark and if we lynched him right at it we lose and Maxous would pick all the winners of the game. That is insane.
I'm walking on a thin lying here and seriously considering lynching on policy.. MY policy, that is. You say no to everything when you don't even understand.

For all we know, Maxous could have recruited the lynch of D2 or the NK of N2 on N1. The smae could have been the case for N2 & N3, so his faction could very well be just the one person he recruited on N4 because he himself got recruited on D5.

OR.. it could be that he recruited 4 people already, but their alignments changed ONLY after he got lynched.

OR.. it could be that he was blocked on any given night.

OR it coud be that he could only recruit Town to begin with, so maybe he targeted 2 Town and 2 Scum and his faction is of only 2 people today.

Or...

The possibilities are various, and they all make sense in a Skullduggery modded game that is also explicitly a bastard game.

You can say no all you want. You can be as stubborn as ever. It won't make me listen to your sick logic. It won't even get me to sympathize with you. In fact, the TR I had on you is wearing out, and I don't mind voting you today. If you flip Scum or Maxous Faction, that would be great. If you flip Town it would also be great because you're making too much noise and hindering any attempt to game-solve by just about anyone.

The noise you are making makes everybody look Town compared to you. Your debates are senseless to the point I automatically side by anyone who opposes you, so may when you're lynched I wil be able to see through all the smoke you're generously producing in the thread right now.

From now on, anything you say I will disregard (or shout hysterically: No, just no.). I officially refuse to work with you on any level. I will not try to explain anything to you (whether it be my own thoughts or others posts). I will not even read your posts to try and figure out how you came to X or Y.

O, and inb4 you say anything more: "NO, just NO. That is insane." (That's my preemptive response to your next post, and the one after, and the one after).

Live happy.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8938 (isolation #283) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

UNVOTE:

I can't decide on Nahdia either. I'd rather lynch any of the 4 people currently voting Yoshi or myself, tbh.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #8964 (isolation #284) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8956, SirCakez wrote:that was really really painful
UNVOTE:
In post 8735, Almost50 wrote:
In post 8605, Nahdia wrote:I say we make Chara shoot the dog.
Nope. Not that either.

Guys, Nahdia is practically scum claiming. They're the only one who understand my role now, and they're blatantly trying to get Ank to inherit it. Did I say inherit?? YES I DID.

Whoever hammers me or shoot me loses their other abilities and become the Annoying Dog themselves. It won't switch their alignment though. Just their role.

Now can we lynch conf!Scum Nahdia?

VOTE: Nahdia
This push is balls. Like 5 posts before this he said "Nahdia could be scum now". And now he's pushing her as confscum? Fake as hell.
So, why did you unvote me then??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9015 (isolation #285) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8977, SirCakez wrote:
In post 8957, Skullduggery wrote:
Day 6, Vote Count #18

Current Vote Count:

(1)
Almost50 -- Narna
Not really much of an impact to be had, + unvoting =/= not pushing him anymore, I just want to reconsider wagon options
To each their own, but I feel the natural thing to do if you were not faking was to keep your vote on me until you've decided on whom to vote instead. I only unvote when I'm no longer sure about wanting to lynch someone AND can't find another appropriate target for my vote. Otherwise I just simply switch my vote from x to why. It is the UNVOTE that concerns me (coupled with a continued push/discredit process).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9027 (isolation #286) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8995, MathBlade wrote:You mean I don't want to lynch who I believe to be my flavor's girlfriend? Omg what a shock.
:igmeou:

Ahahahem.. *Clears throat*

Listen to me, all: Flavour speccing is bad. Flavour speccing sucks. Flavour means shit. The game cannot be broken by flavour.

Now we are NOT lynching Cakez because his FLAVOUR is townie.

Notice anything funny??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9030 (isolation #287) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 8995, MathBlade wrote:You mean I don't want to lynch who I believe to be my flavor's girlfriend? Omg what a shock.
Oh, I forgot to tell you. Roles are NAI. I only judge by how people play.

Now we won't be lynching SCUMMY CAKEZ for his SCUMMY PLAY. We will rely on the ROLE (which I assure you is NAI if used by anyone but me, yet is conclusive evidence if I'm the one using the argument) and FLAVOUR (which means shit if anybody wants to use it, but it means the world if I'm the one using the argument).

Capisce? Also we can explain anything that doesn't fit by using a few terms such as "derp town" & "redirection", but when it come to me arguing I'm telling you the TRUTH revealed to me by ALMIGHTY GOD. There's no room for error in MY analysis. I cannot be redirected myself, and neither could those whom I use their claims/action to support my argument. O, they could be redirected on other actions when I deem so, but not on the ones I want to use to push my own agenda.

Also also, everybody makes mistake, and I mean EVERY ONE.. except for me, of course.

So, let's lynch those I want to lynch. You are all my puppets and you do as I say. No more arguing. It's my game and it's my way or the highway.

Signed: "Humbly" Yours.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9033 (isolation #288) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9007, Nahdia wrote:Just preempting what I know is gonna happen:

A50 & Ank; you need to explain why PV is town without just saying "I can read PV, its meta".
OK. "I can read PV
. I
t
'
s meta
!
" (I even bolded and coloured the parts that make my phrase totally nonidentical to the one you requested me not to use. :P

Now here's a question for you: Why is PV scum for you? YOU need to explain that. Cuz I'm not seeing a scum motive behind anything he has said or done.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9040 (isolation #289) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9036, MathBlade wrote:Vigging me is as effective as vigging a toadstool.
Don't call yourself hat. You're a cutey :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9048 (isolation #290) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9031, MathBlade wrote:Highway. His play isn't scummy.
And -ONCE AGAIN- Math is arguing for the sake of arguing. I clearly said we will NOT be lynching SC (yes, it was all a sarcastic post mimicking Math's own play, but so was the last part).

So, unless Math DISAGREES to SC given lynch immunity for today I don't see how their response makes sense.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9052 (isolation #291) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9041, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9038, JaeReed wrote:No, I don't give a crap if you check me or not because you're going to lie about the result regardless. Everything you're doing is pushing things to try and make it fit your scumreads/townreads. You are literally trying to bend the events of this game to your will and it's scummy af and I'm pissed I didn't catch you from it in Shadowrun but I'll be damned if I let you do it to me again. In Shadowrun I handwaved a lot of things as "Math is unreasonable" but the difference is there's some logic to your unreasonableness as town, and there's none here.
Great so you want to policy me because I tricked people in Shadowrun lovely. keep up the good scumhunting. (The last sentence is sarcastic)
EVERYBODY, PLEASE PAY CLOSE ATTENTION:

Jae says "You are literally trying to bend the events of this game to your will and it's scummy". They then go on to show this is SCUM!Math meta (according to Jae's own experience).

Math calls this a POLICY LYNCH, and never even addresses the main issue of BENDING EVENTS TO FIT THEIR SCUM/TOWN READS.

Keep it up, Math. You're doing great so far.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9055 (isolation #292) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9051, Nahdia wrote:Here's the players that are off limits because of someone else's role:
Accountant (Cleared by Narna) <<<
False. Narna already has a false-guilty which remains unexplained to-date.

Narna (Cleared by Giovanni) <<<
False. This is a bastard game and we are fully on top of the mechanics, let alone existing roles. (why can't Gio have been somehow protected on that night, thus not dying?)

Creeps20 (Cleared by Narna) <<<
False. See above.

Myself (Cleared by Narna) <<<
False. See above.

Conclusion: THERE ARE NO CLEARS UNTIL WE'VE SEEN CERTAIN FLIPS.

Here's the players that are apparently off limits because of their own role:
Giovanni (A weak role, presumably giving us conftown) <<<
Agreed, although it's not 100% because the role is not mod-confirmed.

JaeReed (A VT, presumably going to be cleared tonight) <<<
Agreed. Tonight's check should put them in the CONF!TOWN column.

BigYoshiFan (A uni-doc, the only good explanation for why there was no kill last night) <<<
Agreed, especially with no CC.

SirCakez (An inventor, which i dunno, I guess we're just giving a pass because largely pro-town role) <<<
I'd have to give this another try, but ok.. I'll give you that for now.

Here's the players of those remaining that I townread enough that I really don't want them lynched today:
MathBlade <<<
#@$%##. Erm.. no comment.

Not Chara <<<
This looks like Town!Chara, sure.

Which leaves us with:
PeregrineV
Almost50
Ankamius

Then you lynch ME (but don't force Ank to hammer).
You see, the problem is you have no real case on any of your suspects, which should give you some pause. If there's not enough reason on them independently (and there sure is no reason to scum read them by linking them to either scum because we have yet to flip one) then it's not a good lynch, and especially so given the game status.

If you want info leading to confirm 3 players = lynch Narna
If you want to stop moon-logic and bad arguments = lynch Math

If you still don't want either of them to be lynched because YOU read them as Town (not be "they ARE Town"), then we lynch Accountant, and if that's not applicable then me.

I obviously won't be lynching myself, and I do Town read Narna myself. I'm starting to second guess my read on Math, but I think Accountant is the way to go. I've also excluded Cakez based on the invention claim until I've looked deeper into that one.

Also, you can't convince me that Math (Creature), Accountant (Firebringer) and Jae (Andrius) are ALL Town who have all agreed to advocate abandoning game. If I had to pick one scum of them it's be Firebringer (now: Accountant), and if I had to pick one Town it would be Andrius (now: Jae).

P.S. Doesn't it give you "creeps" we both have nothing much to say about a certain slot that was previously occupied by massive?? I see a lot of posts but nothing ever stuck on my memory.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9057 (isolation #293) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9054, MathBlade wrote:He just wants me gone because I will check him.
Another wild goose to chase. You don't know what goes into their mind, and they sure do have good reason to want you gone. I want you lynched as well, and I'm not your stated target. At some point you wanted Nahdia gone, and -using your own justification process- it must've been because you don't want them to jail you or your partners. You wanted me dead, and -again using the same "I know what's going on in that deep little spot of your brain" reasoning- it must be because you can't kill me yourself or you would lose your powers.

Jae expressed their suspicions and laid their case. Everyone else is entitled to either join their cause or decline, but that's about it. Nobody knows for sure if Jae's stated reasons ARE the real reasons or if they simply saw BAD PLAY and decided to exploit it to their advantage.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9071 (isolation #294) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9064, MathBlade wrote:Then people will be all mean to you when you point out common sense things.
:facepalm:

The definition of "common" is "coming from/used by a majority". In other words, common sense is "a view shared by most people".

Now when you point out something that the majority disagrees on it is no longer "common sense". It's just "your own opinion".

Like; it common sense not to piss in water people drink from. It's common sense not to stand behind a donkey/mule.

It is NOT common sense to assume if I can't see someone from where I'm standing then they cannot see me either. (unless I'm an Ostrich) :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9095 (isolation #295) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Jae:

Knowing Math I can see them disregarding their own result on you and keeping the push, yes. However, if you are really willing to die, why not give them the opportunity to entertain us with a result on you? I can tell you what WILL happen beforehand, right here and right now, but I don't want to look like I'm giving you/them ideas, so let's just give them this one night to come up with the promised salvation.

@Gio:

Do us all a favour and check ME tonight. Scum can't kill both you AND Jae on the same night, so if you die I'm willing to eat the rope with Jae confirmed, and if Jae dies (thus Math having no result) I'd be confirmed.

Narna should probably pick someone outside of this pool of 4 to check.

Or we could make a chain, like Narna checking Gio (or vise versa) and the other checking Math while Math checks Jae. This way if Jae dies we still have results on both Math and Gio. If Gio/Narna die we have a result on Rae still with a possible result on Math (depending on which of Gio/Narna is dead).

I think the latter works better because while I'm not going to be NK'd with my claim anyway, the idea of Gio getting NK'd with me still not confirmed is not ideal in my own eyes.

Nahdia can still jail me if they want to, if we walk down the chain route that is.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9146 (isolation #296) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9097, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9095, Almost50 wrote:@Jae:

Knowing Math I can see them disregarding their own result on you and keeping the push, yes. However, if you are really willing to die, why not give them the opportunity to entertain us with a result on you? I can tell you what WILL happen beforehand, right here and right now, but I don't want to look like I'm giving you/them ideas, so let's just give them this one night to come up with the promised salvation.

@Gio:

Do us all a favour and check ME tonight. Scum can't kill both you AND Jae on the same night, so if you die I'm willing to eat the rope with Jae confirmed, and if Jae dies (thus Math having no result) I'd be confirmed.

Narna should probably pick someone outside of this pool of 4 to check.

Or we could make a chain, like Narna checking Gio (or vise versa) and the other checking Math while Math checks Jae. This way if Jae dies we still have results on both Math and Gio. If Gio/Narna die we have a result on Rae still with a possible result on Math (depending on which of Gio/Narna is dead).

I think the latter works better because while I'm not going to be NK'd with my claim anyway, the idea of Gio getting NK'd with me still not confirmed is not ideal in my own eyes.

Nahdia can still jail me if they want to, if we walk down the chain route that is.
Gio is claimed weak that is horrible as you are a scumread of mine.
Once again, if Gio dies I'd be lynched, but Rae will be alive and you will have a result on him, so that's good. You either caught two scum or caught one and confirmed a player as Town.

Now if BOTH Gio AND rae die there's no question about my alignment. I'd be conf!Scum all the way to the moon.

If Gio is alive I'm conf!town regardless, and we still ave your result on Rae.

And this was the first proposition. You haven' even addressed the alternative coarse I proposed in the same post.. the very post you have quoted in full to express concern over something trivial that has also been explained within the post.

GDI, yes we all know Gio is weak. So? We have him visiting CONFIRMED townies until he dies? WHAT is the use of his role then? A weak role is specifically used to scum hunt by visiting questionable slots and announcing it beforehand (or at least crumbing it in a way tha can easily be interpreted if they die at night). That way if they live their target is confirmed Town, and if they die it could be that their target is scum (if there's another NK that would be confirmed scum).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9148 (isolation #297) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9113, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore we could circle jerk this and have Gio check me if people are really paranoid over my check results.
Which IS what I FRIGGIN' proposed as the SECOND COURSE OF ACTION WITHIN THE SAME POST, AND YOU OPTED TO OVERLOOK IT! Duh!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9151 (isolation #298) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9119, JaeReed wrote:Gio already checked Narna didn't he? Are we reconfirming Narna then?
Either/or. Narna checks Gio , Gio checks Math works for me. Narna checks Math, Gio reconfirms Narna is not optimal but still works for me. Either way we get confirmation on MATH for starters. We also get a result on you and/or the person who checks Math.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9153 (isolation #299) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9121, MathBlade wrote:Everyone seems to think I am dancing when I am not.
Slevin: Listen, I've been hearing that a lot lately...

The Rabbi: [interrupting] My father used to say: "The first time someone calls you a horse you punch him on the nose, the second time someone calls you a horse you call him a jerk but the third time someone calls you a horse, well then perhaps it's time to go shopping for a saddle."

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9159 (isolation #300) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9137, MathBlade wrote:Because if Gio is town they have to because if Narna is town it innocent Child's Gio. Gio is the starting point not Narna. Narna's alignment confirms Gio's. (
Well assuming no mass event N5
)
And we KNOW there has been NO MASS EVENT on N5. Right?

It's not like a certain player claimed a mass event on N5, is it?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9326 (isolation #301) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9226, Ankamius wrote: Emotion and motivations are
a lot harder to fake than information.
In post 9227, MathBlade wrote:No they really aren't to me.
I have trouble displaying emotions
of any kind IRL.
I'm not fully on top of the difference between the two sentences. Ank says emotions are hard to fake, and Math says they have trouble showing emotion, which -to me- means it is even harder to fake emotions.

What am I missing??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9328 (isolation #302) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

Enough with the illogical logic already.

Guys here's a question that DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO ANSWER IN PUBLIC for obvious reasons. It's not "the question" that matter to this game, but the morale behind the whole example.

Q: Is there a God??

A: For the faithful/believers, athiests are being illogical. For the athiests, believers make no sense.

Morale: PEOPLE VIEW MATTERS DIFFERENTLY, and there's NO DIFINITION of what IS logical/illogical. There's what A MAJORITY of people view as such, but there's no DEFINITE LINE to define what IS correct logic, false logic, bad logic or no logic.

For instance, referring to one's own meta is illogical to Yoshi, and I can see his point. If you ARE aware of your own meta it is most easy for you to fake.

Math believes referring to own meta makes perfect logic, and I can see their point. There are certain things I wouldn't say/do if I was afraid of grabbing everyone's attention.

Both "logics" contradict each other, yet I can safely say I -personally- agree with them both, which -on face value- is ILLOGICAL ALL BY ITSELF. How can one be in agreement with two contradicting views?

*Sigh*

*Steps down off the soap box*

*Rushes to the nearest fast food outlet and orders the largest french fries packet they have*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9329 (isolation #303) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9327, MathBlade wrote:Almost just finish reading please.
I'm working on it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9330 (isolation #304) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9257, BigYoshiFan wrote:Thanks. Really, I am so sorry. I'll take 1000 ice packs after I go bang my head on a wall a few million more times.
You think you need more concussions with the game state??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9342 (isolation #305) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9336, Not Chara wrote:lynchpool: Peregrine, Creeps, Cakez, Accountant. i'm going by readsm
I wouldn't vote PV out of that pool. He's Town to me all the way to the moon and back.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9345 (isolation #306) » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9343, Not Chara wrote:Creeps or Accountant?
I'd say Accountant but Math's going to cause a scene over that one, so Creeps would do until we et our next night phase results.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9615 (isolation #307) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'm totally lost and have many wild theories going in my head. For instance, killing Narna only serves to confirm the likes of Nahdia, cfj (both returned "not a killer") and lighten up on Gio (weak who visited Narna). Without a Narna flip these 3 would still be pushed by someone one way or another. So, if ALL 3 ARE Town the scum really f'd up on his one.

Another (totally unrelated) theory is Narna would have got a "can kill" on Gio, which makes Gio scum AND faking all the way to the moon. (My personal read on Gio is TOWN though,so don't get confused. I'm just running out theories).

WHY else would Narna be killed TONIGHT? It was announced whom he would be checking, and keeping him alive EVEN if he would have returned an innocent on Gio wouldn't have cleared anyone because there were some of us (myself included) still not 100% Narna was Town anyway.

Does anybody else have any idea why scum would choose to off Narna in particular and on this specific time?

But, working with what we have at face value seems to return a "nobody's scum" to me. Math is confirmed by Gio, Gio is confirmed by own claim, Yoshi is confirmed by play if nothing else, and so is PV. cfj & Nahdia are confirmed by Narna, SC by his own role, Ank by the kill, and finally JR by Math's check. (And, I'm confirmed by role PM. Let's not forget I'm listing MY views and MY reads here).

I guess this could be the way to go:

Almost50

Presumably, SC has now run our of items to give out. If so, please have him hammer for the safest choice. His alignment does NOT change by hammering me, only his role does, and his original role is now effectively rendered a mere VT anyway after having handed out all his inventions.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9621 (isolation #308) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Actually, you could make PV hammer as an alternative. He didn't claim his role (or did I miss that?) so maybe it'd be safer that way?/ A third alternative is JR (we already know he is a VT, so transforming into the Annoying Dog while keeping his alignment isn't bad. In fact i should protect him from the NK).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9623 (isolation #309) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@SC:

I was thinking about it and writing up while you responded. Only STUPID ME went and posted it in the WRONG GAME! :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9625 (isolation #310) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9622, MathBlade wrote:@Almost50 remind me where Narna said they would check Gio?

PV should be the lynch today.
It was the plan we agreed on with you checking JR, Gio investigating you and Narna checking Gio. Remember the chain?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9629 (isolation #311) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9624, MathBlade wrote:
In post 9621, Almost50 wrote:Actually, you could make PV hammer as an alternative. He didn't claim his role (or did I miss that?) so maybe it'd be safer that way?/ A third alternative is JR (we already know he is a VT, so transforming into the Annoying Dog while keeping his alignment isn't bad. In fact i should protect him from the NK).
How do you protect from the NK?
Because if NK'd his killer will lose all their abilities and become the Annoying Dog themselves.

Anyone who hammers this role, and anyone who kills it (even if there multiple shooters they'd all be affected) become the Annoying Dog and lose all previous abilities. They RETAIN their alignments though, so scum shooting me would result in me dead, them losing all their abilities (including their killing ability) and them becoming a SCUM-ALIGNED Annoying Dog.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9647 (isolation #312) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9646, SirCakez wrote:Ok I'm confused
Who's hammering what?
Hammering ME. I'm suggesting that my lynch today could be beneficial to Town provided we decide who hammers.

First option: PV
Why? Bc he did not claim and is not mechanically clear. That way if he is scum (and more to it, if he is a killer) he will lose that ability. In fact he will lose all his abilities, but I'm precisely shooting for the killing ability.

Second option: SR
Why? because he is already confirmed Town AND Vanilla (i.e. no abilities to lose anyway). Transforming him into the Annoying Dog should make scum think twice before shooting him at night, and being confirmed he is unlynchable by day. It's good to have a confirmed Townie alive to endgame.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9651 (isolation #313) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9649, Skullduggery wrote:
In post 9615, Almost50 wrote:
Almost50
Is this a vote?
It was. Let me retry:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9663 (isolation #314) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9652, callforjudgement wrote:@Almost50: Do you think there are any players, other than yourself, who deserve to be lynched? Are you self-voting out of a belief that everyone's generally town, or that there are scum but you can't identify them, or that there are scum and you know who they are but you won't be able to persuade anyone to lynch them?
Allow me to reorder my response:

1- I don't believe everyone is town. Otherwise, the game would have ended already.
3- I don't "know" who scum are I suspect certain slots that are being falsely cleared based on the assumption that night action results are conclusive and/or their own claims.

2- I this decided to eliminate a doubtful slot.. mine. I am also trying to either eliminate the threat of another questionable slot (PV) OR increase the chances of a confirmed slot (JR) of making it to LyLo.

As long as I'm alive (and the town is mislynching) I will always be a suspect because I have no evidence of my role's alignment. I had requested to be checked multiple times in the past, but Narna never listened and now he's dead, so -aside from my own word- there is no guarantee I'm neither scum nor a killing role. It thus follows my slot should NOT make it to LyLo, and I'm not going to get NK'd with this role.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9667 (isolation #315) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9659, Ankamius wrote:Almost50, why are you suddenly not considering hammering yourself?
Because my role is more effective if it gets transmitted to certain slots now. I only offered to hammer myself earlier because there were many willing to do it and it would have hurt the town to lose a role like yours or Narna's or Math's .. etc. If Math -for example- hammers me they lose their BP (but still won't be shot because of the new role).

Now if a CONFIRMED TOWNIE .. who is ALSO A VT hammers me, they get to live to LyLo. Why would I want to deny them that chance.

And FTR, if I had a vig shot I would shoot Nahdia. If I had TWO shots it's be Nahdia and SirCakes. Nahdia knew about my role "annoying" whoever hammers/kills me, and Cakez is pulling the obtuse card which isn't becoming of him at all. His last 2-3 responses to me are plain dumb questions asked for the sake of appearing to be asking questions. I give him much more credit than that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9672 (isolation #316) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9664, callforjudgement wrote:Does anything special happen if people target you with a non-killing role?
Nope. Just killing me does.

And I'll reiterate/try to rephrase my response to Ank: Everyone claimed some sort of a PR. I don't know which is true, and even if I did I don't know if they're Town or Scum. It felt safer to withdraw from the game earlier -if I was forced to- and taking my role out with me.

Right now we KNOW there is a TOWN VT in the game. His hammer on me transforms my role to him, thus it will protect him. I have already said that the alignment won't change, and with my green flip you KNOW JR is TOWN ANNOYING DOG from that point on.

Also PV is the only slot w/o a claim. If he hammers me he cannot be blamed for future kills regardless of his alignment. No more suspecting him for being the killer. So, I'm using my role to the best extent I can, making a semi-investigative/semi-protective one.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9717 (isolation #317) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@CFJ:

Re your #, please remind me to tell you about my own theory after PV has responded there. Thank you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9797 (isolation #318) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9719, SirCakez wrote: Nosferatu wasn't in this game?
(inb4 Almost calls this a dumb question)
You be the judge of yourself on that one.
In post 0, Skullduggery wrote:
10 Nosferatu
(Riverman, Town Modified Bookie & Dead Thread Transporter)
Was Killed on Night 2
Do you think it i is dumb or not to be playing the game
from the start
and not knowing who IS playing the game
from the start
with you?

I'll reiterate: Neither your slot nor Nosferatu's were replaced during this game. You both started the game. You both were on the starting list.

Now the fact you don't even care to know who's playing tells me you're not interested in sorting out anything, because you just want them dead either way. I'm thus calling YOU the Serial Killer of this game. I don't care if you have "another role" in addition to that. I've heard of a game where the COP was also the SK on THIS SITE, so I'm not taking your inventory thing for an indication of your alignment. Capisce?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9798 (isolation #319) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Cakez:

Here's you talking directly to Nosferatu:
In post 2478, SirCakez wrote:Nos if you want the day to end why would you start a vanity wagon???
And here a very nice *Smirk* attempt to throw shade on 3 flipped Townies (plus a living player).
In post 2595, SirCakez wrote:Fuck I don't like either of the two leading wagons very much. I wish the Nahdia or Narna wagons would reform.
I'd go McMenno over Titus if it came to it I suppose.
The Leon wagon pop-up is shady as hell so there is probably scum in Menno/Titus actually.
More incidents where you were quoting Nos and responding to her directly:
In post 3221, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3208, Nosferatu wrote:murder's a strong word
Indeed
In post 3306, SirCakez wrote:
In post 3223, Nosferatu wrote:There is no fucking wagon, that's the problem.

It's the same thing that got me lynched in adventure maf, people are voting moi for shits and giggles and are recruiting other people by just saying "lynch moi hehe xd"
This is one of the main reasons the MoI wagon sucks.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9799 (isolation #320) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9722, PeregrineV wrote:This means nothing, really, since I don't know the flaver. If my role is anything other than a McGuffin role, then Almost50 has to be dog scum.
Otherwise, he's town.
Is this flavour related? Cuz I didn't get a word of it!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9800 (isolation #321) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9734, MathBlade wrote:I think PV is scum and is the SK. If he was truly a BP investigative he would have cleared me up a long as time ago. Hell when creature claimed BP he would check then. The claim is shit.
:facepalm:

BP investigative is a reference to YOU. He already claimed DOG SENSOR. You said it was a BS claim. He said (paraphrase): I'm sorry, Math, but that's what I am. Now replace Math with BP investigative. An investigative that also happens to be BP.

Doesn't anybody understand plain English on this site anymore?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9804 (isolation #322) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@CFJ:

OK, since PV has already responded to you on the mater, and since I'm soon to be lynched, I would like to tell you about my own theory of the "cult" (which isn't "technically" a cult bc they can no longer recruit, but the name makes sense as "those who have been recruited").

So, in my mind, Max would pisk a living player each night to become a member of his cult upon his death. Note that this is a CONDITIONAL RECRUITMENT, i.e. the actual change of alignment does NOT occur until/unless Max is dead.

So, anyone who had been "marked" by max would still flip TOWN as long as Max himself is alive. This also limits the number of his cult greatly because they could be lynched (or NK'd) before Max himself is dead, thus rendering his night action on that particular person as a failure already (well, not technically, but effectively so).

It's strange, I know, but not unheard of. In fact, I seem to have read a setup before in which the Mafia had no"direct" kills each night. Instead, they'd wire a target each night and will choose to detonate at will. After that point they can no longer mark new targets, so it's a one-off massacre if you will.

For more insight you may want to check the "Cultafia" page on the wiki. Only difference is the recruitment didn't happen instantaneously, and the "culted" didn't know about their alignment change till after Max was lynched. Anyone who had been marked by Max before but dies before his lynch still died as TOWN.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9810 (isolation #323) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9807, callforjudgement wrote:In either case, though, where are the unclaimed kills coming from? Is there a killing faction separate from Maxous?
It could be a Serial Killer. I'm not sure I buy the "Scum group" theory anymore.

As for the my theory of how Max picked his targets, it is not that hard to balance. If you have a cult that cannot kill (the normal cult) with a Scum group OR a Serial Killer, it is fairly balanced, and the longer the Cult Leader lives the greater their chance is of winning. Right? Now if the leader got lynched at any point the recruitment ability is lost. Agreed?

This IS the dame thing. He recruits more people the longer he lives. When he dies the recruitment stops. The only difference is If they were instantaneously recruited they'd stand for each other. In this case they didn't because they were Town and did not change alignments until he was lynched, so that WEAKENS the cult.

Let's say he recruited A, B, C & D on the 4 nights he was alive. If they all are still alive then we have a 4-member cult; just the way it would have been if they were instantaneously culted. However, there IS a chance that A was -say- Zakk, who got NK'd by the SK on the same night (N1), thus flipped a Townie and Maxous ended up with nobody in his faction. Let's say Shiro was B, and he got lynched before Maxous. This means Shiro died as a Townie, and we only have a 2-member group left. This is a weaker version of the cult concept. It could be that we're looking for just ONE culted player + the SK and that's it.

I'm not saying this MUST be the case, but it's one to consider. Letting Max choose upon his death gives him a MUCH stronger position, since many have already claimed and reads were fully developed. However one pick per night keeps him in the dark. For instance, he wouldn't know whom to recruit on N1 because it was a mess and he couldn't predict who the PRs are nor could he know for sure who would be lynched on D2, D3 and so forth.

Also the SK would/should keep the recruitment process limited because he works on his own and is aiming to kill everyone regardless. A Serial Killer is usually unrecruitable by cult, so he is a menace to them as much as he is to the Town.

Just keep that thought at the back of your mind for now. IF this is correct, then Cakez is clear (of being culted) because he didn't lose his ability to give out stuff, but can still be the SK. Nahdia, on the other hand, is a prime suspect for being culted in that scenario.

P-edit:

Just let the day end, mate. If it's a cult + SK then JR becomes DEATHPROOF. The SK won't shoot him and lose his killing power. Ank won't shoot him and lose his Vig ability, and there are no other killing roles. He can't e lynched either because he has been prove both Vanilla and Town (the latter mattes most since it came after Maxous died).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9812 (isolation #324) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

It does. Trust me. We're at a point of the game where making you unkillable is worth the sacrifice.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9822 (isolation #325) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9820, BigYoshiFan wrote:I'd imagine that if I attempt to hammer nothing happens. I can't hammer.
Don't assume. Please ask the mod via PM.

This is what the wiki page says though:

A Priest is a role whose player cannot cast a hammer vote. An attempt to cast a hammering vote may be met either with a vote count where the Priest's vote does nothing (confirming the player as a Priest),
or a modkill

Priests are essentially never seen in practice
, but are traditionally Town-aligned

The underlined is why I want you to confirm with the mod.

And the bolded is proof skull is not a traditional mod. They do use roles that are "essentially never seen in practice". I have been a Martyr once and a Cowardly Hider another in games modded by them. Even my current role is neither standard nor is it frequently seen in practice.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9823 (isolation #326) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9821, callforjudgement wrote:In that case (after checking with the mod to ensure you won't be modkilled for it), I'd suggest attempting to hammer the next wagon that reaches L-1. Having more confirmation of people's roles can hardly be a bad thing.
I fully concur.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9832 (isolation #327) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9824, BigYoshiFan wrote:Okay, I can try and hammer someone whenever the opportunity arrives.
Anyone but ME. OK?

Oh, and btw:

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9926 (isolation #328) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So I was skimming posts from before wen I replaced in, and found these 2 posts by none-other than my predecessor. It looks to me he did crumb the role real hard. It also looks like he did agree that a VT hammer was the best way to go if this slot ever got lynched.
In post 947, Gamma Emerald wrote:My full will:
If you know/suspect scum has nightkilled/lynched me, give the hammer to a VT or NU.
Town PRs do not hammer me. Do not vig me ever.
In post 948, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 946, House wrote:
In post 940, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually, if I'm ever chosen for the lynch, I officially request one of the miller claims is the hammer.

Why would you say this before... y'know... you're wagoned?
Because my role has an ability that is based on my death.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9927 (isolation #329) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9908, Skullduggery wrote:
Day 7, Vote Count #8

Current Vote Count:

(3)
SirCakez -- callforjudgement, JaeReed, BigYoshiFan
(0)
Giovanni il Pellegrino
(0)
MathBlade
(0)
PeregrineV
(0)
Nahdia
(0)
callforjudgement
(0)
Ankamius
(0)
BigYoshiFan
(5)
Almost50 -- Almost50, PeregrineV, MathBlade, SirCakez, Nahdia
(0)
JaeReed

Not Voting:
Giovanni il Pellegrino, Ankamius

With 10 votes available, it takes 6 votes to hammer.

MathBlade is V/LA until 1/2.

Day 7 Will End on Wednesday, January 11th, at 7 p.m. Eastern Time
Countdown: (expired on 2017-01-11 19:00:00)

OK, so Yoshi's now confirmed a Priest.

Now either JR hammers me or someone adds a 4th vote to the SC wagon and I can THEN be he 5th for Ank to hammer.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9928 (isolation #330) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@All Townies:

No need to freak out. Being at L-1 isn't that risky if scum is still out there (i.e. not already on my wagon). They (scum) cannot afford to hammer me anyway.

I'm now waiting for Nahdia, Gio or PV to vote Cakez. If any of them do then I will switch votes and put him @L-1 and let Ankamius have the hammer.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9937 (isolation #331) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

VOTE: SirCakez

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #9980 (isolation #332) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:

Two things:

1- Some of us may still have a problem with Cakez giving YOU of -all people- his toys. He already said he has 2 more and they're not as useful, so why not hand these to someone else and have them checked. Why can't I get one and have Gio follow me, which also confirms my alignment btw, and thus I will become the unkillable IC.

2- Why would scum try to get rid of the inventor after he has already given out his most powerful tools and only has a couple of weak ones? If I was scum I'd want to get rid of the two roles I can't kill at night, and that would be yours and mine.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10056 (isolation #333) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:

I'm more conf than you are right now, and I'm less killable too. Even a strongman won't dare shoot me unless it was
the
shot that wins them the game.

If there's a strongman in this game they can kill you and lose nothing. If they kill ME though they lose their strongman ability if not their ability to shoot to begin with.

And not "everybody" said you were Town, and EVEN if they did (which they DID NOT) that does NOT make you conf Town so stop using these two terms interchangeably.

Now you have received TWO gems already, yes?? Let Cakez give his weaker tows to someone else.. if he is not lynched today that is.

You seem to be missing an essential concept here: Your views are not more important/accurate than mine. Your vote is not worth more than mine. I refuse to be a sheep under your leadership. I will always follow the majority, but will never follow the dictator.

So, Cakez is our lynch as a primary request.
As a secondary/back up -in case he is not lynched- he does NOT give you anything. I'm fine with him giving it to anyone else.. and even giving it with announcing it beforehand is good enough for me, but you IN PARTICULAR I won't accept.

Now, do we understand each other?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10057 (isolation #334) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9986, MathBlade wrote:Corrections then you want Gio lynched. The only way I am not scum is with Gio.
Again we are on the same fucking day as Math is town posts both of you have made.

Misreading me is ridiculous ATM but if you are at least be smart about it.
You could be, you know .. a GODFATHER.

I don't see why Nahdia could be that but you can't. If it's a valid reason to suspect Gio's results then it applies to all his targets, not to one in particular.

You're back to being scum with Cakez.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10058 (isolation #335) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10002, JaeReed wrote:If you are not town then 100% Gio is not town unless you flip godfather.
Boy, am I glad someone else said the same thing. Math's "concrete information" is a pile of rubble at best.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10062 (isolation #336) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10025, MathBlade wrote:Furthermore you are threatening to lynch the goddamn person with a toy that could blow this game open simply because I won't lynch SirCakez. I could have hammered him a billion times over but no one has given a goddamn reason why Cakez is scum other than "dayplay" or "gut" or "scumread". This is some of the worst mafia play I have seen. It disgusts me.
You might want to try some of your own medicine here. YOU have NOT given a GODDAMN REASON why ANYONE is scum other than "I have a theory" and "I'm a good scum hunter".

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10091 (isolation #337) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10088, MathBlade wrote:Scum have control of this game and are plotting my mislynch next.
Of Cakez flips Town I doubt there's anything for you to fear. People will be more likely to sheep you on tomorrow's lynch.

However, if Cakez is scum as many of us believe then you have every reason to worry, because lynching anyone else would make little sense to me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10094 (isolation #338) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10093, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 9573, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:I followed Mathblade yesterday and I can verify that they performed an investigative action.
I can't find where Mathblade says the result of his investigation, nor what type of investigation it was.
Neapolitan one shot (granted by Cakes) and checked JaeReed. Returned Vanilla Townie.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10107 (isolation #339) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Guys, I'm now @ 97% certainty Cakez IS SCUM. When Cakez is caught scum he starts repeating himself like a broken record, and this is what I'm seeing right now. LYNCH THIS ALREADY.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10110 (isolation #340) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10109, Nahdia wrote:97% sure, huh A50?
Yes. Unfortunately I'm too lazy to show you, but take Gistou for instance. Check their posting after the guilty check came our on them. Admittedly the majority of posts was done by beeboy (it was a 3-heads hydra) but do check posts signed by Cakez as well. I'm sure you can find more games of Scum!Cakez doing the same thing over and over again, but I won't bother looking them up myself.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10134 (isolation #341) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, here's what I thought overnight: I had considered lynching between Mathblade and Ankamius. In fact I had prepared the cases on both. Mathblade (for defending Cakez like a lioness defends her cub), and Ankamius (who was there for the hammer which he clams to advance his own role phases, but ignored it).

Worthy of note that Ank also didn't vote Maxous, but then Math was using precisely that to push Ank, besides I'm still holding on to my theory that the Gastor Followers didn't know they will be converted until Maxous was actually lynched.

HOWEVER, it hit me that both Math and Nahdia were trying hard to get rid of Ank (Nahdia wanted him to hammer ME so that he would lose his Vig ability). Also Math's push on Nahdia doesn't feel genuine in hindsight, and they even flipped it over to a Town read somehow (which some of us know isn't Math-like, as Math is so stubborn even a mod-cofirmed IC would still be scum read by them if they had scum read him before being confirmed).

So, anyway.. I believe we should be lynching in Math/Nahdia and lynch Ank only if the game doesn't end with these precise two lynches.

New edit: I will hold my vote for a little time while I go through CFJ's ISO to try and figure why he was killed over -say- JR (who is CONFIRMED, y'know)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10136 (isolation #342) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10135, BigYoshiFan wrote:I think that Jae surviving gives more legitimacy to Nahdia's JK claim.
That's one way to look at it. Scum may know Nahdia is Town (and thus have no reason to lie) and took their word for granted, yes.

But it could also be a collateral gain, as the scum may have wanted CFJ dead more, and.. give Nahdia's claim more legitimacy in the process.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10145 (isolation #343) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 9372, callforjudgement wrote:I get the strong feeling that someone has overclaimed this game (i.e. claimed a stronger role than they actually have); such a player is highly likely to be scum.
That was Mathblade claiming BP to claim they were shot at thus earning town credit. Such claim (being shot at) was nullified by Yoshi's claim.

CFJ was actually a loud voice opposing Math's schemes (mainly for lynching me, but also other moon-logic including Math being "Conf!Town" to which CFJ never gave in).

So I went back to look a Maxous' ISO, and sure enough .. I found what I wanted.
In post 962, Maxous wrote:
SirCakez is kinda town
Creature is town

I think Ankamius is town though admittedly i've been wrong about him a couple of times in the past so yeah.
SlySLy is town
Pepto is scum
Gamma Emerald is awkward as hell town that is easy to nitpick at (and a possible counter-wagon attempt from peptobislawl)

Nahdia is trying too hard to redeem Giga's slot. They ain't succeeding.
Bolded, underlined and put in Italic: The top two "Town" reads of Maxous were SirCakez and Creature (Creature is now Mathblade). These were the first two he targeted to recruit after his death (apparently he thought they would outlive many others and was proven right).
In post 1248, Maxous wrote:...well that list is MY town-reads anyway (plus creature) so :dealwithit:

additonal note: if pepto does end flipping town, i'm prolly gonna lynch mcmenno
And here he is reasserting his Town read on Creature, and lining up lynches on Townies (Pepto was Narna's sot).
In post 2848, Maxous wrote:
In post 2844, Not Chara wrote:also: McMenno is selectively responding, his latest contribution is entirely to complain that i've been taking potshots. i think he's even still voting Narna.
who is town here? probably Cakez, Nahdia, Narna.
multiball is likely, so Titus and McMenno can both be scum. zakk could be scum. Andrius and magna? i don't want to say both are scum, but one of them probably is.
then just vote menno please.

you agreed with me 20 pages ago that a lynch needed to happen yet here we are.

creature is town but if you want to talk about him, holy hell we can talk about him Day 2
That goes to all these 1~2 vote wagons.
More defending of the Creature slot in particular.
In post 3313, Maxous wrote:Titus
Gamma Emerald
Creature
PeregrineV

-
SlySly
Leonshade
Narna
Yume

-
Ankamius
Andrius
zakk
MagnaofIllusion
Nahdia

-
Not Chara
-
SirCakez
Firebringer
massive
Shiro
-
Nosferatu
SnarkySnowman
McMenno

i think that's my current position in order from town => scum
i might be misremembering somebody because of the slog but w/e
I mean, he put my slot up there right below Titus at the very top bc most players were hard Town reading Gamma by that time, but look at where Creature is. I don't see ANYTHING to justify such a strong Town read on him by that time. Cakez is even relegated to a null/scum kind of read.

Now somebody tell me this sequence of
Spoiler: 5 posts
In post 5160, Maxous wrote:Yeah, motivation is still low.
NC is an acceptable lynch.
I want to move onto the part where narna/Leon get hanged.
In post 5190, Maxous wrote:VOTE: creature
In post 5304, Maxous wrote:There's a day and a half left.
Everyone either gets on creature or not chara or be considered vig-bait.
In post 5312, Maxous wrote:Agreed. Leon should of been auto-lynched.
People really over complicated this with WIFOM.
In post 5463, Maxous wrote:
In post 5323, Andrius wrote:
In post 5312, Maxous wrote:Agreed. Leon should of been auto-lynched.
People really over complicated this with WIFOM.
WILL YOU JOIN IN OUR CRUSADE
Crusade status: joined

VOTE: leonshade

I wasn't super happy on creature anyway

makes any sense (other than it being for distancing when the VC get analyzed later out of their context).

I mean, naked vote then asking for an either/or then stating he wasn't happy about wagoning that slot??

Then this:
In post 6361, Maxous wrote:Creature.
I saw that you may of blocked me though
But -interestingly- it was Maxous who also claimed having blocked Creature, so which is it did he mean??

Also interestingly Creature wanted to end the game in a draw at about the same time Maxous had called for it, so -maybe- he was notified of having lost his ability?? Not too sure about that last part since I still believe the "Maxous Followers" faction was "created" after his lynch.

Anyway, I have this urge to vote Mathblade now. They seem to be the one person that would have been targeted by CFJ today after the Cakez flip, so they benefited the most from their death.

Their defense? Yeah sure they did push Max and got him lynched, only they didn't know they were to join his faction after his death (and I just said that I still believe that was the case. The faction was CREATED and the member only got notified AFTER the Maxous lynch had occurred).

VOTE: Mathblade

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10146 (isolation #344) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, Ank would work for me too, but I want to hear you shouting and spewing your "brilliant" logic all over the place before I decide which one of you I want to lynch the most. Also funny that you should now confirm Nahdia of all players.

Tell me something: Why did you track Nahdia and not Ank?? I mean, you did suspect him more, right? And he didn't hammer scum, so I would have tried to verify HIM over Nahdia if I were you.. (if I were TOWN!Yo, that is) ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10151 (isolation #345) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10148, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 10146, Almost50 wrote: Tell me something: Why did you track Nahdia and not Ank?? I mean, you did suspect him more, right? And he didn't hammer scum, so I would have tried to verify HIM over Nahdia if I were you.. (if I were TOWN!Yo, that is) ;)
Ehhh, I don't know if I agree with this.
They would have a much better chance at confirming Nahdia than incriminating Ank in my opinion, even if they were more suspicious of Ank I think verifying Nahdia would make more sense.
Ok, let me put it this way: There's a killer on the loose, and Math suspects them to be Ankamius. Tracking Ank would have given us conclusive info of whom he shot if he did at all. In other words, we would know for sure today i And did shoot CFJ or not. If he did he's confirmed Scum. If he didn't he's confirmed Town (given the current status of the game and the fact there was only one NK performed and it was most definitely committed by scum).

Nahdia on the other hand was supposed to target someone with a night action to prove they still posses that JK ability, and confirmed themselves.

Now why confirm ONE when you can confirm TWO??

Please note they do share -at least- one PT to organize their action efficiently, and Math -being the brilliant tactician and mastermind of Mafia- would know better than to use their one shot power sub-optimally.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10154 (isolation #346) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10152, Ankamius wrote:Just going to point out that to anyone in the neighborhood, my actions should not make any sense as scum.

I'm very curious to see if I'm getting designated mislynch today.
Two things:

1- Math is in the neighbourhood and they seem to think you're scum. In fact, they're the only one voting you so far. What do you make of that?

2- Mind explaining why you were reluctant to hammer Cakez and it took us over 24 hours to find a proper replacement for you?

Oh, and one more thing:

Do you still need to hammer someone to gain a vig shot or are you already a loaded vig? Also, what happens if you do hammer someone else?? Do you advance to another phase where you're not a vig anymore??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10158 (isolation #347) » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So where is your voe on Math then? You supported a lynch there yesterday and today you say they're almost certainly scum, so I'd appreciate some support pushing them now and seeing where everybody else stands. I mean, you can retract your vote later and wait for the hammer if that's what you want, but at least give this wagon a jump start.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10162 (isolation #348) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10161, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10158, Almost50 wrote:So where is your voe on Math then? You supported a lynch there yesterday and today you say they're almost certainly scum, so I'd appreciate some support pushing them now and seeing where everybody else stands. I mean, you can retract your vote later and wait for the hammer if that's what you want, but at least give this wagon a jump start.
This gives me the heebie jeebies. Mentioned why in the hood.

I think Ank can only vote Town. That is my hunch. Going to check the game to confirm later. I think A50 is trying to play both sides and push Ank but at the same time get a mislynch on me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

After your hard defense of Cakez you think pushing me of all people would work when I was scum reading him all day long and he was pushing me as hard as he could? You think THAT was distancing??

OK, who do you think will have the guts and will to hammer me?

OK, let's suppose I got lynched, then when I flip TOWN; how much longer do you think you can survive? Or are you trying to provide some cover for our partner(s) because you're outed, so they can now come and push YOU hard and earn Town credit since your lynch in inevitable?

I REALLY don't understand your argument, and much less your vote. Yes, I'm weighing my options and I see there IS a chance Ank is scum. HOWEVER, I see it more likely that it's you + Nahdia as it looked like you BOTH wanted to trick Ank into something or another. "Hammer the Dog" .. "He's a Scum Vig"... etc.

I clearly said to lynch YOu and NAHDIA, and then ONLY lynch Ank IF THE GAME DOESN'T END by then. Does that seem like I'm "playing both ways" or "Trying to push Ank"?? Get out of here.

*Ding Ding Ding* Come on everybody. Caught scum here. Mathblade has just pleaded guilty. There can't be two ways about this now. They're NOT that stupid either. THIS IS SCUM.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10163 (isolation #349) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:

Yeah, I'd like to see another one of those "I'm conf!Town" claims along with some meaningless argument on why I should be lynched and not X because they're Town, and even if they're Scum we leash them and lynch a Townie because that is the best play!!! :P

Now the only problem here is X is most probably you. Bestow your wisdom upon us all.

Last question: You still Town reading Cakez??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10265 (isolation #350) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:45 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10166, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10146, Almost50 wrote:Well, Ank would work for me too, but I want to hear you shouting and spewing your "brilliant" logic all over the place before I decide which one of you I want to lynch the most. Also funny that you should now confirm Nahdia of all players.

Tell me something: Why did you track Nahdia and not Ank?? I mean, you did suspect him more, right? And he didn't hammer scum, so I would have tried to verify HIM over Nahdia if I were you.. (if I were TOWN!Yo, that is) ;)
I specifically said in thread I wanted to confirm Nahdia could Jailkeep. The question is why the hell are you trying to paint me doing what I said I would as scummy. Especially when I had a plan to back it up.
Well, that did NOT confirm Nahdia "could JK", but only that they do have a night action. There's no proof Nahdia could have prevented an action "from their target" given their target was a VT. There's no proof Nahdia could prevent an action "on their target" because nobody has claimed an action on JR. Furthermore, there's no proof TO ME that nahdia even visited JR to begin with as that is coming from UNCONFIRMED YOU.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10266 (isolation #351) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10176, MathBlade wrote:If you think I am scum the proper thing is Gio first.
You trying to lynch just about anyone but you is pathetic. Honest. Town players do not fight THAT hard against their own lynch, and ESPECIALLY do not hint of redirecting the lynch on another "town read" of theirs.

And NO.. lynching Gio before you means NOTHING. If he flips SCUM you would still say he was lying about his result because bla bla bla, and you would have your defense from a mechanical point of view as it could be the case. HOWEVER, if YOU flip SCUM first then Gio will have a lot of explaining to do and will most likely fail to avoid the lynch.

But that's all mechanical talk and this game has already proved mechanical speculation often lead us astray, so I'm calling it as I see it. YOU were defending SCUM. You were the ONLY person who actually tried to strongarm the town into lynching TOWN!ME. Hell, you acknowledged it THEN, and once again TODAY.

Guts, watch this:
In post 10167, MathBlade wrote:
Also Almost50 you are not a confirmed town you are likely town.
You have claimed something that makes people not want to lynch you. That in no way means you are telling the truth.

And your rant is anger disguised as logic as I cannot have inherited Godfather as demonstrated bun sirCakez lynch.

I am good with either of them.

So, I'm "likely town" by Math's own confession, then they go and vote me in the SAME POST! Yesterday they acknowledged I was "likely Town" but still wanted me lynched. WHAT TOWN MOTIVE could there be behind lynching a "likely Town player" at the current game status, because that is really escaping me.

I'm currently Town reading EVERYONE who voted Cakez. The Cakez lynch could have not been achieved without their support, so if any of them was scum then must have been playing against their own win con. That much I know.

Now I only have those who did NOT vote Cakez for suspects, and out of those Mathblade stands out with the scummiest play of all.

Ankamius -for instance- didn't vote Cakez and has explained it as he "wasn't fully convinced", but he did NOT go out of his way to try and DERAIL the wagon on Cakez either. Now who did that? Math did? And whom did they propose for an alternative? Someone they acknowledged was "likely Town". And whom are they voting today? That smae fellow whom they acknowledged was likely Town and have even REAFFIRMED that same read in the same post in which they are voting him.

Math, if I disregard EVERYTHING else (and believe me "everything else" also points to you as scum) and ONLY consider the Cakez lynch then it's CRYSTAL CLEAR which of us is Town and which is more likely to flip scum.

So, if you have ANY DOUBTS in your mind about my alignment then you should happily eat rope TODAY to prove that I "might" be a manipulative Scumster, because -as it stands- I would say I'm more Town to just about anyone than you are. Hell, EVERYONE is more Town than you are at the current game status.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10267 (isolation #352) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10181, Nahdia wrote:VOTE: Almost50
Another scum claim. guys. It's confirmed now that Mathblade + Nahdia are the lynches for today and tomorrow.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10268 (isolation #353) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10183, MathBlade wrote:Almost50 and you need rope. So freaking bad.
You keep spewing BS about you lynching Maxous makes you Town when we are now working under the assumption no Maxous recruit knew they'd change alignment afterwards or even know that they were "marked".

I -on the other hand- lynched Cakez just yesterday, i.e. AFTER the Maxous faction creation, and -by your own logic- I'm far far more conf!Town than you are. And I have been pushing Cakes forever, so it's not like I had to "yield" to anyone or vote there to save myself (as that would have been the case against me if I -say- ended up lynching PV, whom I've been defending all game).

You can't have your cake and eat it it too. Actually, your "Cakez" had the rope already, and it's time for you to eat it too.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10269 (isolation #354) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10187, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10145, Almost50 wrote:
In post 9372, callforjudgement wrote:I get the strong feeling that someone has overclaimed this game (i.e. claimed a stronger role than they actually have); such a player is highly likely to be scum.
That was Mathblade claiming BP to claim they were shot at thus earning town credit. Such claim (being shot at) was nullified by Yoshi's claim.
He was talking about Giovanni there I believe.
Yes, he was. My point is he was right on the premise, but wrong on who did it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10270 (isolation #355) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10195, MathBlade wrote:I suggested a lot of things when I was trying to figure out what happened. However that theory becomes much less likely as townies were lynched repeatedly.
Boy, do I need to learn English. Please define "repeatedly", because I'm sure we only lynched ONE Townie since the Maxous flip and his followers creation.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10279 (isolation #356) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10264, MathBlade wrote:Every fucking time without fail anytime I suggest lynching in those three the lynch always gets diverted to someone else. Always. I just don't have concrete proof like I did with Maxous or y'all would be going down.
Yes. It diverts to SCUM CAKEZ. *Firm Nod*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10289 (isolation #357) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 4:32 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10280, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:So, can you actually explain this in more detail? Have I missed something, or this was something you haven't accounted for in detail?
Um.. I believe a GF CAN be tracked. They just do not show as Scum to Cops, but they're not to be confused with Ninja (although a variation of the role does exist, but I have never seen it actually being used).

So, if you're proposing a GF status the you WOULD get a Tracker/Follower result on your target.

However, there's a lot of the mechanics of this game that are being obscured (and probably for a good reason, as is the case in every Skull modded game). Take Maxous for instance, did his flip mention "Ascetic"? I don't think it did. We're just guessing he was.

My fear is we've been relying too much on mechanics and speculation that we are not actually scum hunting based on content. SirCakez floated for too long based on his claimed role, which WAS his true role. It wasn't TOWN aligned though.

Furthermore, Nahdia confirming Math, and Math confirming Nahdia means absolutely nothing to me, as I'm proposing they're BOTH scum together. I want to lynch Math today and Nahdia tomorrow. Now if the game doesn't end by then we can assume Ank is an SK (the one Math has been hunting down for long because, you know.. scum will always fear the SK messing things for them) and we can lynch him then, but ONLY then. Right now probably wants a red flip just as much as we do (and that is IF he is a Serial Killer to begin with).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10296 (isolation #358) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:26 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10293, MathBlade wrote:I don't know what to say here. Gio clears can be trusted. You are acting as if there is a godfather when nothing has been proven to indicate it and lynching the one person scum can't kill.

We are literally fucked if you take Ank at face value. Like all it is rolling dice. His gut is so horribly wrong. Lynch Ank.
And from my PoV; you're trying to lynch the one person who can shoot at scum, thus providing them with a major advantage. Moreover, I said repeatedly that -even if you're BP- you're NOT the only one they can't kill. I can't be NK'd either, unless they want to lose their killing ability altogether.

besides, you haven't even touched my point on you trying to conf!Town yourself based on the Maxous push but refusing to do the sane to those who got Cakez lynched.

My stance is clear. You and Ank are NOT of the same alignment. You and Nahdia most probably are. If Ank is scum he's the only one left, because everyone on the Cakez wagon is Town. If yo are Scum then Nahdia is too, and that makes more sense to me than Ank being a lone scumster.

Now let's consider the Maxous Faction creation both ways: If it was done night by night, and if he picked 3-4 upon his lynch.

Let's first agree that either way he would have picked those most likely to survive for long.. to end game that is. Then he'd be picking he more influential roles (like the Inventor, for instance).

Now if he was picking on a nightly basis then his defence of the Creature slot in particlar is some ndicator he was eying that slot to recruit or has done so already. If he picked 3-4 upon his lynch then he most likely would have included the claimed BP so that the SK won't be killing them. And either way Cakez handing you his toys is a strong indication all in itself, and you defending him that hard is another, so you really can't tell me that was "just a bad read". I mean, why was SCUM CAKEZ giving you toys? Why would he hand YOU the Tracker shot, for instance? A Tracker would have been useful for HIS OWN SCUM BUDDIES to try and catch the SK (or anyone else who does have a night role).

Then you using it on Nahdia is also questionable, because Nahdia's role could have been proven by simply JKing someone with a night action, let alone YOU are the one who practically reinvented the wheel.. oops! I mean, the phrase "Roles are NOT -necessarily- alignment indicative", yet you're not only trying to convince us Nahdia IS a JK, but also that being a JK necessarily makes them Town.

So, I'm lynching YOU for starters, and I'm 90% confident you'd flip red. When that happens, Nahdia is next. And then I would expect the game to end. If it doesn't then Ankamius becomes the last lynch and the Town wins.

Lynching Ank first is dubious at best, if not outright dumb. He could be shooting Nahdia tonight to end the game already, or -if he is the SK- is a guaranteed shot for Scum over the next 2 nights, so REGARDLESS OF HIS ALIGNMENT (and I do reassert I'm Town reading him) he is NOT the optimal lynch of the day. It's either you or Nahdia, and I prefer you over them.

Now if you're Town as you claim you would be happy eating rope today to eliminate the doubt. Then, and ONLY THEN you can tell me to eat shit and shut up. I mean, you tried to shut me up about Cakez earlier, but -fortunately- we had other CLEARLY TOWN players who saw to it that we lynched SCUM for a change.

In short, you need to admit you're either Scum or bad Town, and we need to know which is it NOW.

Now, please vote yourself and get it done with.

P-edit:

No, and you're -once again- pulling that obtuse card which is not becoming at all. Ank clearly said "You make sense as scum", and not "You make sense, THUS you're scum". He is saying that you being scum makes sense to him.. makes the setup fit.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10302 (isolation #359) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10299, MathBlade wrote:I think Ank is SK and PV+A50 (maybe one maybe both) are the scums.
Yes. We are Cakez scum p's but he opted to give YOU the toys over either of us. You know Cakez loves to do good even when he draws the villain. :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10307 (isolation #360) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10305, MathBlade wrote:So without tinfoil it is Ank/PV/A50 scum in there.
Tinfoil Nahdia culted JaeReed Ank killer.
How about Yoshi and Gio? Don't you want to throw some dirt on them too?? I mean, everyone in the game is scum but you, right? And seeing as they're called the GASTER FOLLOWERS I'm really impressed your tinfoil includes a recruiter who is NOT Gaster!! Now that's not moon-logic or anything like that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10325 (isolation #361) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10312, PeregrineV wrote:The role of Godfather exists to return false positives to cops.
The modifier of weak means "target scum and you die".
Does a weak role targeting a Godfather die?
If it's weak, yes, because the godfather is STILL mafia. Not Town, mafia.

I guess you answered it yourself later on. Gio did visit Maxous who was .. erm.. "a menace to Town" (to avoid the dichotomy of 3P vs Scum terminology). Gio didn't die. This means either this is not a standard weal role, or that Gio is lying. Either way it makes Mathblade more likely scum than not. If Gio is lying then he is covering for his scum p. If he has a tweaked role then his role doesn't die to "???" where "???" is unknown at this point, but it sure isn't beyond Skull who is well known to use non-standard and even tailored versions of roles.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10415 (isolation #362) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:06 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10326, MathBlade wrote:Instead of scumhunting you and Ank make up a theory out of thin air.

First it is that I am a variant Godfather.
Then it is a redirector despite every single one of Narna's checks being right but Town derp.
Despite having a way to instantly kill Gio when he would have followed me but instead a redirector...

Please. That is bullshit.

Just stop. You are inventing ways to lynch me because you don't like me versus actually hunting. It is sad.
I have nothing to do with the redirector theory. I am an advocator of non-standard roles being the case.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10425 (isolation #363) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10327, MathBlade wrote:Or Maxous was fucking ascetic as mentioned.
That's as good a theory as any. If it's not mod confirmed it is just a theory.. a proposition, not a fact. It was MAXOUS who suggested he was ascetic, yet he also suggested he was BP. What are the chances that there TWO BP roles in the game do you reckon?? Yes, I thought so...

So, if we opt to believe Maxous you are most likely lying! If we opt to believe your BP claim then Maxous was the one lying, and if he was lying about his BP he might as well have been lying about being ascetic, and it could have been done to cover up for Gio, yes.. which makes Gio scum I acknowledge, but then Gio is also protecting you so you are scum.

You see, every scenario I try to consider ends up with you being scum in it. You could be scum with Nahdia, or you could be scum with Gio, or you could be scum with both of them, or you could be scum with Nahdia while Ank is the SK, but the one thing in common in all of these theories is that you are scum.

Now ENOUGH WITH SETUP SPECULATION, and let's do the good old scum hunting thing. X defends Y and pushes A & B. A knows he's Town and Town reads B. They both vote Y and Y flips red. It is only natural that A now turns to X who claims to have an infallible logic and heavily scum read them. You try to switch places with me here and see if you would think twice about lynching me had I been the one defending Cakez AND pushing you instead 9while acknowledging you are likely Town no less), let alone having been the one SCUM CAKEZ picked to give toys to, not once but twice or thrice.

I will ask you one more time: WHY would SCUM give YOU .. ANYTHING? Why would Scum hand "Town" a Tracker shot? Why would they give them a Neapolitan shot? Was there a third toy you got? I don't recall and I'm too lazy to actually look it up, so I'll settle for these 2. EXPLAIN what the scum motive is in handing "Town" (or more to it, someone who is not from the same faction) a Neapolitan check and a Tracker ability? DO NOT DEFLECT. DO NOT CHANGE THE SUBJECT. THESE ARE STRAIGHT FORWARD QUESTIONS AND I WANT STRAIGHT FORWARD ANSWERS.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10436 (isolation #364) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10337, MathBlade wrote:This role modifier is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. An Ascetic role cannot be targeted by anything other than a kill.
A role attempting to target an Ascetic should be seen doing so by Trackers and Motion Detectors.
Investigative roles (Cops, Role Cops, Watchers, etc) should receive "no result" if attempting to investigate an Ascetic role.

Untargetable meaning Gio doesn't die
The bolded tells me they DO target the Ascetic, but their action is ROLEBLOCKED. The CAN be seen as TARGETING the Ascetic, thus the TARGETING does occur.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10441 (isolation #365) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:52 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10368, MathBlade wrote:So SirCakez was converted N5

GREAT! Now we're getting somewhere. He then gave you TWO checks. YOU.. not anyone else. He was lynched and he flipped red and the game didn't end, meaning he was not the last scum in the game. Now why would he give YOU stuff and not his own buddies?

Wait! If you already responded to my previous post you need not repeat yourself. I have yet to get to that point, so bear with me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10465 (isolation #366) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10418, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10395, Ankamius wrote:VOTE: Almost50

I'll keep cutting through the bullshit claim that I can't vote scum, then.
That only applies if you wait for a VC after each vote. Sort of like when yoshi "hammered" so far you haven't proven shit.
STOP SPEWING JUNK AND READ THE GODDMAN THREAD!

So far Ankamius APPEARED VOTING ON A VC on Gio, Math, PV & Nahdia. He is now waiting for the next VC to show him voting ME. He will then move his vote to either Yoshi or JaeReed, and after another VC shows his vote there he will vote the other. I'm sure he is willing to even vote himself afterwards just to shut you up.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10472 (isolation #367) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:30 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Math:

So EAT THE GOFFAMN ROPE QUIETLY. You claim all of Gio, Nahdia and JR will be confirmed with your flip, yet you refuse to go down CONFIRMING THREE TOWNIES?? I can't even begin to fathom a town driven thought process that would lead you to refus to b lynched in exchange of confirming not one, and not two, but THREE players to be Town-aligned!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10484 (isolation #368) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10429, MathBlade wrote:
In post 10427, Nahdia wrote:oh boy howdy i'm finally going to die tonight? thank GOD.
I wish I could die tonight but instead I have to do this thing called play to wincon and not be mislynched and point people towards scum. So tomorrow once people recalibrate people will realize I am Town.
What you're doing is NOT playing for a "Town" win con by any means. It's a SURVIVALIST attitude at it's prime. Going down to CONFIRM THREE TOWNIES is what any one with a brain would consider playing for a Town win con under the circumstances. 3 conf!Town in a 7-player setup is overkill. In other words, Town win locked.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10511 (isolation #369) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10437, MathBlade wrote:But not followers. They get no result and because it is not targeted (the prior sentence) weak doesn't trigger. Omg are we reading the same paragraph??

Cannot be targeted is cannot be targeted but are seen doing so. Wtf? Like seriously the whole point of ascetic is lack of target.
I can't believe you're that obtuse. ANY FUCKING ROLE that TARGETS AN ASCETIC.. would be TRACKED OR MOTION DETECTED as HAVING TARGETED THE ASCETIC.
ANY ROLE
. Now I don't care if that
OTHER ROLE
would not be detected "performing an action" on said Ascetic. That's IRRELEVANT.

The FOLLOWER .. TARGETTING AN ASCETIC .. WOULD BE TRACKED TO THAT ASCETIC.. BY A FUCKING TRACKER, and THUS .. THE FOLLOWER DID TARGET THE ACSETIC.. THEN THEY GOT ROLEBLOCKED. IF WE HAD A TRACKER THEY WOULD HAVE TOLD US THEY TRACKED GIO TO MAXOUS REGARDLESS OF THE RESULT GIO GETS.

This is what the wiki says. "Any role targeting the ascetic would be seen as doing so by a Tracker or a Motion Detector" thus the "targeting" part occurs, but not the actual action because THAT is what gets roleblocked.

In other words: Gio leaves home at night and does arrive to Maxous place. That's the targeting part. He then tries to find out what Maxous has been up to. That's the action part. He fails. That's the Ascetic/Roleblock part.

Now being weak would "normally" make him die once he arrives at Maxous place regardless. THAT was not the case. However, we do know that if he is truthful that the targeting did occur, thus it's a non-standard weak modifier that's in use. That or Gio is lying.

Now if you still can't get it I suggest you request to replace out because this is becoming too much for me to handle, quite honestly. Like, not a single statement do you interpret accurately for the whole damn day is way too much to take. Whether you're doing it on purpose or if you really can't speak English like AT ALL isn't the problem here. The problem is the fact that it IS happening, and the game is seriously no longer fun when one cannot communicate with you not even on the level of a 5 year old.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10517 (isolation #370) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10442, MathBlade wrote:Yes because on N5 not doing so is a scum claim.
How so??
In post 10442, MathBlade wrote:N6 is because if he doesn't I don't townread him anymore and that is his only hope of not being
mislynched
Guys, I officially give up. They still call it a mislynch and expect anyone to take them seriously. I must've been the definition of a lunatic to have evn tried to reason with Math under the circumstances. I'm stepping out of this thread before I say something I will regret later on.

See you later.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10551 (isolation #371) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:37 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10481, Ankamius wrote:
In post 10443, MathBlade wrote:Then we finally lynch Maxous and then SirCakez + X others turn into a faction of Not town but can't kill and Ank keeps killing.
By the way, does anybody else see what is wrong with this?
I do. We had TWO NKs at one night and we know which was yours, but I said I would step away from the thread so I couldn't care less to comment on anything anymore.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10605 (isolation #372) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10513, Nahdia wrote:if i was a mod resolving actions i wouldn't have a weak death trigger if the user was roleblocked. just saying.
Nahdia, there is a difference between a reflexive RB and an active one. If you are reflexively RB'd you have to TARGET someone with a reflexive RB ability, thus it occurs at their place. If you are being targeted by an RB though it happens at your own place. They're the one coming to you not you going to them.

OK, forget the RB. Let's talk about a killing ability. If a Killer targets you with a shot they would be tracked to you, whereas if you were shot by a PGO it was YOU who went to THEM, so they cannot be Tracked to you.

Try to picture it as if we were actually playing live Mafia in person, and if you needed to Jail someone (you being a JK) you would actually have to leave your home and go to their door steps and then lock it up so that nobody can go in there to kill them and they can't go out either. Now apply all other actions in the same manner paying attention to what travels with the player (ex: BP, Weak) and what is fixed in their place (ex: Ascetic, PGO).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10609 (isolation #373) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10532, Ankamius wrote:UNVOTE: BigYoshiFan

I think I've made my point about the votes.
Not yet. Please vote JR so nobody can come back later and say that you didn't vote there. Thank you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10635 (isolation #374) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Hey, guys. How about 2k more of posts? We can make this game one of the top 3 in post count. Other than that, I don't see much new content .. just the same stuff repeated over and over and over and over again and again and again and again!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10643 (isolation #375) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10637, JaeReed wrote:So I asked. Godfather being followed by a weak follower, if there's nothing else as a modifier to either of them or any result messing stuff, from my understanding of the answers the mod gave me (I asked a hypothetical godfather being followed and a hypothetical godfather visited by weak role) would have the weak follower both live and receive a result on the investigative action the Godfather took.
In other words, Math flipping Scum does NOT necessarily incriminate Gio, which is EXACTLY what I was thinking, hence I suggested we lynch MATH, then NAHDIA, and IF THE GAME DOESN'T END BY THEN we lynch Ankamius.

*A loud voice echo in vacuum: "No. Just No. This is stupid. You're all dumb. The Russians are out to get me because I didn't vote Trump. The Pope wants to lynch me because I'm not Catholic. Aliens are pursuing my case because I'm the only human left on the planet." .. or something along those lines.*

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10700 (isolation #376) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:22 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I officially give up. Nahdia was my strongest SR, and I have no more suspects to push.

I said if Nahdia's lynch wouldn't end the game I would lynch Ankamius, but seeing as Nahdia was actually NK'd I am having second thoughts and Scum maybe setting Ankamius up for a mislynch, so I'm leaving it up to you guys as to whomever you decide to lynch.

P.S. Once again my lynch with JR hammering is starting to look like an appealing thought. If you're seeing it my way, don't just stand there and say "yay!". Vote me, please.

P-edit:

Happy Birthday, Yoshi!

In fact, funny as it is.. someone shared a little something with me earlier for laughs, and guess what?? It's PERFECT for this occasion:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10703 (isolation #377) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Almost50 »

[img]prntscr.com/dtwkvo[/img]

The site doesn't like prntscr.com??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10711 (isolation #378) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10710, Ankamius wrote:Please tell me that it's a coincidence that we haven't had any posts in the past 2/3 day.
??? When exactly?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10713 (isolation #379) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Ank, are you drunk posting? The thread was locked for the night phase and has only been reopened for 23 hours.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10719 (isolation #380) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Geez, I love you guys. I play Mafia for the thrill and entertainment, not to get bored to death by the lack of action!! Say something. DO something.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10732 (isolation #381) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I don't believe Ank is going to be lynched, but if he does it might be in LyLo/MyLo where his hated modifier doesn't work anyway.

Now, how about you guys lynching me already and having JR as (a) confirmed, and (b) unkillable until it IS LyLo/MyLo. It's a much better status to get to than having me widely Town read but short of being confirmed, while the confirmed player is wide open for a NK.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10735 (isolation #382) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Not at all. If I was I assure you I would have been lynched long ago. I've been offered a chance on a golden plate earlier and all I had to do is go along with Math's plan.

So, the answer is NO. I'm ALL TOWN. I just have this negative utility that turned out to be not-so-negative under the circumstances, and I would like to make use of it. Now if I was confirmed somehow I would have been cruising here and my lynch would have never been brought up ever (at least not by me). But I'm not confirmed (as in MOD-confirmed or mechanically confirmed .. etc) and as the numbers dwindle there's going to be a time when people start second guessing their TR on me, and that isn't good in LyLo.

You -on the other hand- ARE confirmed, and the only way scum are going to get rid of you is by NK, so having MY modifier on you prevents them from killing you before LyLo.

If we both make it to LyLo, it really doesn't matter to Scum. They could just shoot either of us because the game will end instantly and they no longer need to keep their abilities.

Currently we're either 5 vs 1 (most likely in my mind) or 4 vs 2 (MyLo). In the case of MyLo a mislynch loses us the game anyway and m lynch is most anti-town, I see that.

But if we are 5 vs 1 then it does have he benefit of protecting you for tonight and -depending on whether we have a NK or not- maybe take you into a 3-man LyLo where YOU will decide the game outcome.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10736 (isolation #383) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10734, BigYoshiFan wrote:I find it hard to believe that if you're town you'd be pushing for your lynch like this, because no one is suggesting it.
But for that same reason, I find it hard to believe that you're scum.
BUT it ALL makes sense if you're a jester.
Read above. We're in a situation where we must be taking chances anyway. If I'm not lynched it would be PV, Ank, Gio or you. I can't see any of those 4 being scum either. Maybe I'm carrying on my initial reads from before the Maxous lynch and that's what is blinding me?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10738 (isolation #384) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:31 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, let me try to put myself in Maxous' shoes and see what I can come up with:

Jae Reed: Why would I want to recruit a VT (who wasn't even revealed before Maxous flipped)? JR also got confirmed AFTER the Maxous lynch, so that's one definite clear.

Almost50: I know I'm not a recruit, so that's not an option FOR ME.

Yoshi: A universal 1-shot Doctor (I believe that was also unknown before the Maxous lynch) so that's absurd.

PV: This is subjective.
I
wouldn't have picked him. He was not too active, and his role was unknown. UNLESS Maxous thought PV was a killing role, so that's a 50-50.

Ank: Now there's a perfect recruit. SirCakez did NOT lose his "abilities" so if Ank is recruited he retained his abilities as well. A confirmed killing role is most definitely a good recruit.

Gio: Weak Follower would die if they target scum, but what if they become scum themselves?? They either won't die visiting anyone or they will know whom NOT to target to begin with. Still, he cleared Math among other things, so while he might theoretically look like a plausible recruit his play doesn't point to it. That AND the fact that he could still be shot by Ank.

Based on this (and I would very much welcome any remarks) we could just lynch between PV and Gio and have Ank shoot the other. Tomorrow we lynch Ank if the game isn't already over.

Drawback: No one "knows" I'm Town. Only I do. I don't expect everyone to agree to this proposed course of action, and certainly not the remaining Scum.

I am also working under the assumption there's only one scumster left alive, but even if there are two they'd be withing that trio. We onl lose if we lynch the one Townie in them and then they have a NK going through.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10741 (isolation #385) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:07 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10739, Ankamius wrote:Almost50: What state do you think I am at right now?
Well, you didn't hammer anyone of lae, so I'm assuming you're still a vig.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10742 (isolation #386) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10740, Ankamius wrote:Alternatively and potentially more relevant, what do you think the relevance of only a single kill last night is?
Again, assuming you didn't shoot, but only because you were not sure whom to shoot.

Like, how am I supposed to know if it's any different when I don't even know what states your role goes through and in what order?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10744 (isolation #387) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I am. I mean, I proposed lynching in PV/Gio and having you shoot the other, and only lynching you if the game is still ongoing. I'm TRing you alright, but TRing Yoshi more, and there's no question about my alignment or JR's (not to ME, that is).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10753 (isolation #388) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

Guys, we need to either TALK, or we need to VOTE. I don't think any discussion is going to change anyone's mind at this point, though.. but if it could then let's have it. No need to wait for 5-6 more days and say "Ooops! Crunch time. Let's just lynch X bc we have no time to think it over!!"

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10761 (isolation #389) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:15 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10757, BigYoshiFan wrote:
In post 10753, Almost50 wrote:Guys, we need to either TALK, or we need to VOTE. I don't think any discussion is going to change anyone's mind at this point, though.. but if it could then let's have it. No need to wait for 5-6 more days and say "Ooops! Crunch time. Let's just lynch X bc we have no time to think it over!!"
Where's your vote then?
Have we agreed on a lynch? Cuz I don't see anybody else voting, and I will have my vote on whomever we agree on lynching.

P.S. If we do not have a unanimous agreement, my vote is effectively relayed to JR to do whatever he likes with it. In other words, JR is effectively a double voter.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10764 (isolation #390) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:53 am

Post by Almost50 »

@JR:

If it helps, I'm retracting my "solid" TR on PV and relegating him to a mere Town lean. This is because of the obvious faulty logic he is using -or rather not using- with his "I do not believe in a post Maxous scum faction" when it was no less than the MOD who said there was one created AFTER the Maxous lynch. I don't see a fairly competitive player like PV overlooking that. Yet again, PV is unpredictable and I have mislynched him at least once before for some silly moves on his part, so I'm not totally sold on him being scum either.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10767 (isolation #391) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:23 am

Post by Almost50 »

Because the MOD told us a NEW faction has been CREATED. That's why.

And if the members of the faction knew all along they would or could be culted, then we should be lynching YOU today because you are the one who refused to vote Maxous. You don't think someone who KNEW they would be culted upon Maxous' lynch would actually be enthusiastic about switching their alignment and voting him, would you? Even if they didn't know Maxous was their leader they must've suspected it with both his character and role claim, which must've made it apparently clear to them that THIS is their leader, and guess what? PV DID vote Maxous.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10786 (isolation #392) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10785, BigYoshiFan wrote:If A50 was a jester, why would he reveal?
Because if I was I'd need to get lynched to win, which -at this point- would coincide with the Town win con (lynch ALL non-Town). If I was a Jester it would be 4-1-1 at this time (or 3-2-1 if you follow PV's theory, which -if true- means we have lost already, so bear with me). If we are at 4-1-1 the Town needs to lynch the other 2, but the Jester ALSO wants to get lynched, so it would have been a win-win if I was a Jester and claimed it.

Now the reason I cannot be a Jester is EXACTLY that. You cannot tell the town to lynch ALL non-Town and then toss in a Jester who DOES need to get lynched to win. This totally negates the "Anti-Town" nature of the Jester Role, and makes it more of a Town-sided 3P role, aiming for the same goal of the time.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10815 (isolation #393) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Wait! So, Gio's role has no more value to us. Yes? So, he CAN declare his targets before we go into the night and we can make use of his modifier instead. Correct?

So, here's what I think:

We NO LYNCH (we can afford only ONE more mislynch anyway, and that's if we are NOT @ MyLo already. If we ARE, then the RIGHT PLAY is to NO LYNCH, so we may progress into tomorrow in a LyLo instead).

But that's NOT it. I'm proposing Gio to follow one of Yoshi/PV and DECLARE HIS TARGET BEFOREHAND. Ank then should shoot the other.

Gio dies = his target gets lynched. Gio lives = his target is confirmed Town. We already have another flip from Ank's Vig shot, and this way we know Gio can't be shot by scum to frame his target, because it's either be:

1-Ank (who we already told him to shoot elsewhere, so if his target isn't dead he is caught scum)
2-PV/Yoshi (the one Gio was NOT supposed to floow, yet the one Ank IS supposed to shoot anyway).
3-Myself (who is confirmed Town to me, and was -an still is- willing to ea rope to prove it).

If Ank's target is dead, and Gio is alive tomorrow, we have another clear and it's Gio vs Ank and we lynch Gio first (it doesn't realyy matter though who we lynch first, since we CAN afford one mislynch and we'd only have 2 suspects left)

I need you all to analyze this plan and let me know if there are any loopholes in it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10816 (isolation #394) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

P.S. Again, my plan assumes 1 scum left. If 2, then we ARE at MyLo, and NO LYNCH is STILL the right play, but I don't know about the night action. It will come down to a strike of luck and a leap of faith. For instance, Ank HAS to be TOWN for this to work in MyLo.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10818 (isolation #395) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:15 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 10817, Ankamius wrote:I don't have a shot, Almost.
Oh, buggers! Well then, somebody should come up with a better plan for night action. If Ank can't shoot then it's Gio visiting someone and not dying for it. Might as well follow me. I have no night action, but if he is still alive tomorrow it confirms my alignment, if he dies, then I'm your lynch. I DO see the flaw i this plan because I know my own alignment, but it's what I have to offer now given Ank has no shot. If anyone has anything better now is the time to lay it out.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10829 (isolation #396) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Well, I don't usually sheep others blindly, but I also don't usually feel as clueless. My vote on ANYONE is a vote on a Town read of mine.

Speaking realistically, I must have at least one wrong read because the game is still ongoing, but I have no way to tell which one, and there's no mechanical leads nor there are compelling arguments being made either.

All I know is I can fully trust JR bc he is the only confirmed Townie alive, and I thus should be voting Yoshi, not because I'm Scum reading him or even think that he has more chance of flipping red, but because the only conf!Town is voting there.

However, no matter how I try I can't get myself to just take a blind shot in the dark. We're not that desperate yet.

I will thus hold on to my view of a NO LYNCH being the best move under the circumstances. We should not be giving scum a better chance, and an even number players IS a better chance to scum.

This or a NO LYNCH.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10830 (isolation #397) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

EBWOP:

Ignore the last line. It was because I obviously was trying to get myself to place my vote on Yoshi, but I just couldn't do it, so I rewrote the post and forgot to take that bit out.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10850 (isolation #398) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:55 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@JR:

Actually I didn't consider you getting NK either. I thought that scum would rather not kill to keep us at even numbers. Good point.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #10853 (isolation #399) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, I'll take a really big leap of faith here and vote PV. JR doesn't want a NL, and I still think Yoshi is Town, so PV is the best lynch (I know I have been defending him all game. Well, it won't be the first time I hard defended Scum thinking they were Town). It also makes sense to lynch the "Dog Counter" over the Vig or Follower at this stage.

VOTE: PV

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”