JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10559 (isolation #200) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10553, MathBlade wrote:He is a claimed homicidal maniac and so far flavor matches up with role pretty damn well.
Alphys flipped Gaster's Follower, scum.

Alphys in the game is not evil, and I don't think she has anything to do with Gaster?

To be fair I haven't played the game though, just watched let's plays because I figure I'll suck at the gameplay part.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10577 (isolation #201) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10571, Nahdia wrote:
In post 10559, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10553, MathBlade wrote:He is a claimed homicidal maniac and so far flavor matches up with role pretty damn well.
Alphys flipped Gaster's Follower, scum.

Alphys in the game is not evil, and I don't think she has anything to do with Gaster?

To be fair I haven't played the game though, just watched let's plays because I figure I'll suck at the gameplay part.
well, actually, the connection between them is very justifiable.

alphys got Gaster's job after Gaster "disappeared" (he was the previous Royal Scientist) and it's pretty likely she worked under him before he went bye bye.

but, pointless flavor spec, blah blah blah.
Huh that's actually interesting. I guess I should have played it when I replaced in but meh. Or when I played the other undertale maf game xP

Can you flavour claim for me?
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10585 (isolation #202) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Oh I know that, but crumbs go over my head unless I'm searching for them as scum, and even then I am apparently wrong on my conclusions so *shrugs*
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10586 (isolation #203) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by JaeReed »

How does Muffet match jailkeeper then?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10591 (isolation #204) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Nahdia wrote:i ltierally outright claimed Muffet awhile ago but w/e.

I wrap people up in webs.
I mean I either wasn't around at that time or I missed it in all the pointless arguments in the thread.
MathBlade wrote:So JaeReed do you think Nahdia is scum?
Not sure yet.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10595 (isolation #205) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Math, I know the characters for the most part. I have watched a let's play of both the pacifist (starting from neutral) and genocide routes.

I just couldn't see a correlation between Muffet and jailkeeping, so I asked since you said it all fits well.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10633 (isolation #206) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: MathBlade

I'm probably just wrong on Math, either way, I think I want this flipped first, not Gio. There's too many variables that could have fucked with Gio's result, I think.

I do not want A50, Ank, or Yoshi flipped. They're all townreads that I'm not willing to negotiate on currently.

@Gio I want to be extra super sure. Did your night result PM when you followed MathBlade say that MATHBLADE performed the investigative action, or did it just say YOUR TARGET?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10637 (isolation #207) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Yup. It's why I'm opting to not bother responding with "That's not what I'm saying" because it's pretty much pointless at this stage. MathBlade will continue to misconstrue everything that is said unless it's "MathBlade is town so let's lynch Ank"

So I asked. Godfather being followed by a weak follower, if there's nothing else as a modifier to either of them or any result messing stuff, from my understanding of the answers the mod gave me (I asked a hypothetical godfather being followed and a hypothetical godfather visited by weak role) would have the weak follower both live and receive a result on the investigative action the Godfather took.

So Math's push to lynch Gio over them looks really bad with this knowledge in mind. It comes across as wanting to falsely conftown themself.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10640 (isolation #208) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Then I guess we have a lot more pages to go.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10646 (isolation #209) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Regardless of your flip my next lynch is nahdia.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10681 (isolation #210) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10677, Ankamius wrote:You got lynched ultimately because you were playing like you were only interested in your own survival. Your blind death tunnel on me being scum is only the latest example of that.
This. I don't regret this lynch, and the deathtunnel on Ank needed to stop. He's town.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10714 (isolation #211) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I had work to do on the weekend, but that vaguely reminds me to post here because the hood chat probably doesn't count for prod timers.

I'm waiting on Peregrine to post at this stage.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10720 (isolation #212) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:18 am

Post by JaeReed »

I'm waiting for PV's thoughts still. This could be mylo/lylo.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10722 (isolation #213) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Spoiler: some stuff i want to think on later when I'm not focused on reading
In post 8089, SirCakez wrote:
In post 8087, Accountant wrote:Creeps is town btw

I'n 95% certain this jester crap by A50 is a bluff.
yuuuup
It's definitely something I'd expect A50 scum to do too.
In post 8090, BigYoshiFan wrote:VOTE: Almost50
Jump on it!
In post 8092, Giovanni il Pellegrino wrote:Apologies for the Prod. I have had heaps of work these past days. Quick comment amd I'll make one more detailed later today.
In post 8087, Accountant wrote:Creeps is town btw

I'n 95% certain this jester crap by A50 is a bluff.
I agree that the Jester thing is most likely nonsense, I disagree that it is necessarily scum motivated. A50 has given me more the impression of someone trolling because he thinks this game has become uninteresting, rather than that of someone who tries to convince people that he is a Jester because in reality he is scum trying to avoid lynching. It seems needlessly complicated.

----------------

I don't think we can deny the fact that there is another faction in the game after Maxous's lynch amd I cannot understand how it became such a serious point of contention. Skullduggery cannot mislead or outright lie per game rules and I believe that the wingding messages were written by Skullduggery every time Maxous activated an ability. As Nahdia (I think) pointed out, I doubt Maxous would be as dramatic as the tone of some messages imply.

This could also mean that regular scum could be lower in number than we think. I doubt that with 13 players alive we could have 5 scum plus any number of third party. It seems awfully unbalanced.
In post 8094, Not Chara wrote:
In post 8093, Nahdia wrote:well to be fair, we
have
mislynched a lot of town.
this game started with 22 players. 5 scum is definitely a distinct possibility. Giovanni, i don't know what the number of
living
players has to do with the number of possibily remaining scum?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10733 (isolation #214) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10737 (isolation #215) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10735, Almost50 wrote:But if we are 5 vs 1 then it does have he benefit of protecting you for tonight and -depending on whether we have a NK or not- maybe take you into a 3-man LyLo where YOU will decide the game outcome.
The thing is they can still nightkill me into a 3man lylo because they won't need their abilities anymore.

And I'm not entirely convinced it's not mylo. I'd really prefer if my townread wasn't trying to lynch himself. If you were a jester I'd think about it but since you're not I'd prefer to work with keeping as many of my TRs around as possible.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10748 (isolation #216) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:30 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10746, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
Why?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10762 (isolation #217) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:30 am

Post by JaeReed »

I'm torn between following Math on the PV train or listening to my townreads saying this is his town game basically. :/ In other words, i have no real idea. I don't want to vote Ank, myself, A50. Aside from that I really don't know. I feel like I might have better odds with a random lynch.

So I guess it's down to whatever is agreed on. Will probably be Gio but I feel like his lynch is being sold too heavily so it makes me nervous.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10775 (isolation #218) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10770, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10748, JaeReed wrote:
In post 10746, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10733, JaeReed wrote:Almost, are you a jester of sorts?
Can you link me to a game you played that had a Jester in it?
Why?
It's day9, I think it's lylo, and there's not point to rhetorical questions that do not aid in locating scum.

So, I take your question as serious, and it makes me wonder why you are asking it.

You must have played in a game with a Jester in lylo, so I want to read that game and the lylo portion, and see how you reacted, and how town and scum dealt with the whole thing.
1) Why do you think it's lylo?
2) My question was serious, yes. I wanted to know whether I was actively hindering A50's ability to win the game by insisting he live. He was either town or jester. If town then I don't want him lynched. If Jester it becomes a question of whether I believe it's mylo/lylo.
3) Why must I have played in a game with a jester in lylo?

I don't think whether I've played with a jester before has any bearing to me asking A50 that question. I don't believe you seriously believe that it does, either, or that you seriously think that I have to have played with a jester before in order to ask whether A50 is one.

This is for a two main big reasons.
A) We have a wiki.
B) People were speculating in this thread while A50 was campaigning for his lynch about him potentially being a jester.

Even if I didn't know prior what jester was I surely would have after all that.

Your request was noise. It was not scumhunting, and it was not helpful.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10777 (isolation #219) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:27 am

Post by JaeReed »

I kind of think it's Yoshi?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10789 (isolation #220) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10786, Almost50 wrote:Now the reason I cannot be a Jester is EXACTLY that. You cannot tell the town to lynch ALL non-Town and then toss in a Jester who DOES need to get lynched to win. This totally negates the "Anti-Town" nature of the Jester Role, and makes it more of a Town-sided 3P role, aiming for the same goal of the time.
Not quite. A jester can just refuse to solve the game in order to get lynched. They don't have to work with town to solve the game and in fact it doesn't benefit them to because they want to be lynched, not nightkilled. You probably would have claimed your role earlier to discourage a nightkill attempt on you there though. Instead iirc you were trying to actually bait it at one stage.

But yeah, it was either A50 as jester or just flat town. If Jester I'd think about lynching him because 4-1-1 seems plausible there given people better at setup spec have mentioned thinking there was only one more scum. Lynch Jester for 3-1 after nightkill.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10812 (isolation #221) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: BYF

Made my decision.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10819 (isolation #222) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I mean... wouldn't it be better if we lynch Yoshi and Gio follows PV? I trust both Ank and A50.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10822 (isolation #223) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I feel like you're following popular opinion a lot lately and trying to appease me & Ank. It feels like everything you've pushed lately has been jumping on a small thing one of us noted to push it as a thing.

idunno I might be wrong. My gut was pinging me like crazy there though.

Is it even possible that scum forgets I'm mechanically clear here?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10827 (isolation #224) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:53 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10824, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 10822, JaeReed wrote:I feel like you're following popular opinion a lot lately and trying to appease me & Ank. It feels like everything you've pushed lately has been jumping on a small thing one of us noted to push it as a thing.

idunno I might be wrong. My gut was pinging me like crazy there though.

Is it even possible that scum forgets I'm mechanically clear here?
Since you were cleared before day5, right?

I would be voting Yoshi, but I'll wait for Gio first to throw in. He's been watching Yoshi's play.
I was cleared as vanilla by Titus before day 5 and specifically as VT through a Neapolitan check from Mathblade after day 5.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10835 (isolation #225) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:49 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I want Yoshi lynch, don't want no lynch.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10838 (isolation #226) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Gio elaborated on the subtle sheeping thing I feel from you. So for the read I described earlier, obviously.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10841 (isolation #227) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:25 pm

Post by JaeReed »

UNVOTE:

@BYF does that make gio more or less likely to be scum then?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10842 (isolation #228) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Also why do you think scum didn't jump on you with me?

@A50 a no lynch only means I die and you lose your clear. You understand that, right? Especially given Ank can't shoot, and Gio can't follow.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10854 (isolation #229) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I still think it's Yoshi btw. But No Lynch is actually pointless unless you think I could be scum.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10855 (isolation #230) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Only thing giving me pause on all that is Math went down screaming for PV.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10856 (isolation #231) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

You know PV can't respond to anything right? He's VLA until past the deadline.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10857 (isolation #232) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I shouldn't have tried to make Math scum because I didn't agree with them and wanted the noise gone tbh. I kept trying to find mechanical ways the clear wasn't a clear despite their play still being town!Math because I didn't agree and it has likely cost town the game.

Sorry guys.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10861 (isolation #233) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 1:15 am

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: Yoshi
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10886 (isolation #234) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:27 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Hated doesn't work in mylo/lylo as a general rule.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10887 (isolation #235) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by JaeReed »

And also he was reset to vanilla when he made the shot, so no.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10888 (isolation #236) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Before the nightkill I was thinking it was Gio. Now with how ballsy the nightkill is it screams "the confirmed town has a really wrong read and i can afford to gambit".

Which makes me think A50.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10890 (isolation #237) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm willing to bet the game on Ank being town.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10902 (isolation #238) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:05 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Oh has it already been two days? Q.Q rip I've done nothing to solve this since then. I forgot.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10903 (isolation #239) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:11 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Oh right I wanted hammer on whoever we decide on so that maf can't quickhammer.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10910 (isolation #240) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Lol I pinged Ank by not having paid total attention to her fullclaim I guess?

VOTE: Almost50

I feel like I might be letting down Math and Nahdia but I just can't see Ank as scum, sorry. If it's Gio then cfj will probably be upset too :/

The PV kill only really makes sense coming from Ank or A50 to me. Since I'm not able to see Ank as scum I'm going with this.

Sorry if I'm wrong. :/
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10925 (isolation #241) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:29 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Sorry Skull.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10940 (isolation #242) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:54 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I'm sorry too, this game was in the bag and I let one nightkill wipe away everything previously.

I'm sorry Math for lynching you and supporting the lynch on you. It was an incredibly bad play on my part and you were right in the fact that I was trying to make you scum so that I felt ok with it because you were pushing on Ank. Sorry =(
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10942 (isolation #243) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Still no excuse for trying to find a way to make you scum despite all my prior knowledge of you pointing to town :P I'm sorry if I got heated at times too. I do actually like playing with you.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10955 (isolation #244) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10943, callforjudgement wrote:3 out of 4 seems unlikely to be coincidence, and yet I still feel dissatisfied with the way my play turned out.
I think what happened here is more along the lines of being pinged by your gut and hunting for reasons why that was. The reasoning was incorrect but your instincts were amazing. Basically, the catch was more instinct than logical reasoning. Which I think is perfectly fine in a game.
In terms of what happened with BYF, this is either a huge (if fairly amusing) failure of reading comprehension from BYF for not noticing the indicators in the PM that it wasn't modconfirmed information, or a failure of the mod to send unconfirmed information in a way that isn't clearly marked as unconfirmed. I'm guessing the former, but either way am both somewhat confused and somewhat amused as to how it happened. (For people who missed it, BYF genuinely seems to have believed he was scum, on the basis of a message sent by Maxous, and was possibly more surprised at his Townflip than anyone else.)
It didn't specify scum buddies and stated prior to it that "During Night 7 you received the following message:" from my understanding of it after reading the Gaster's Followers thread and the way Skull said it worked there. I don't believe this was an issue with Skull, tbh, but I don't think it's necessarily reflective on Yoshi. The message was done specifically by Gio in order to deceive. It just worked a little better than they anticipated.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10978 (isolation #245) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 am

Post by JaeReed »

To be fair, I didn't laugh at you, I just thought you must have too much information to be correct as soon as the thread opened ;p Because you obviously didn't have an extended night to think about that and come to that conclusion.4

I'm bad OKAY?

And I did come to the conclusion you were town with Math's flip. I was hoping saying I was scumreading you still would stop you being killed. It was silly of me, sorry :c
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10994 (isolation #246) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 10992, MathBlade wrote:Randomly enough my name should just be Bulletproof. I have drawn it sooooo many times now.

Gistou
This
A scum game I replaced into
A town game I replaced into

Like I should just be called Bulletproof
Weren't you BP in Shadowrun too? lol

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”