The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19007 (isolation #0) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Post by Accountant »

a friend gave me their minecraft account.

please add burgrobro to the whitelist
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19009 (isolation #1) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:08 am

Post by Accountant »

Vanilla please! :)

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19014 (isolation #2) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19010, McMenno wrote:accountant in minecraft huh

welcome
I enjoy symmetry. That's why I like building long, pretty mineshafts. Automated farms too.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19022 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:33 am

Post by Accountant »

Dropped into a huge pit with 25 diamonds, tools and a bunch of food on me

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19027 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:22 pm

Post by Accountant »

someone took like 15 of my iron ingots :(

i haven't put up signs yet but the big square cobblestone house near river is mine. I made a cobblestone generator with lava and water for testing, so if you see that you'll know it's mine.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19031 (isolation #5) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:43 am

Post by Accountant »

who wants to play on the vanilla server right now?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19042 (isolation #6) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Accountant »

Admin rollback server?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19069 (isolation #7) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Accountant »

I probably spend more time on my custom skyblock map than I should

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19074 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Accountant »

Please add Princess_Ivy_ to the vanilla white list. That is my account.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19139 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:05 pm

Post by Accountant »

@aphix: Did a creeper spawn and blow up your wall maybe?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19319 (isolation #10) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:38 pm

Post by Accountant »

Hopefully not Actic for long.

Update/change log:

Took out a small loan of a million diamonds. Will pay y'all back with interest once I set up my mine. Feel free to use my mineshaft if you want, but please, please don't mess up the orderly arrangement of the shafts.
Restructured the spawn house to be zombie-proof using the door trick.

EDIT:

Harvested and replanted crops, built base and mineshaft

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19320 (isolation #11) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:16 pm

Post by Accountant »

Build a bridge across to the farms since I was tired of walking on a 1 block dirt strand

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19321 (isolation #12) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have now completely protected the spawn house from rain and monsters with cobblestone!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19322 (isolation #13) » Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

The new spawn house is a tiny bit uglier, but that's a small price to pay to avoid bats, spider and zombie invasions! Added bonus: there's no longer any rain splashing into the third floor!

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19323 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:16 am

Post by Accountant »

Accountant's Piston-and-Chicken-Powered Fully Automated Eco-Friendly Egg and Sugar Cane Mechanized Hybrid Farm
has finally been finished in the co-op server!

I've built a machine that automatically harvests eggs and sugar cane and deposits them into a chest. You do not have to do anything at all. Just check the large chest at regular intervals to see the stacks of eggs and sugar canes grow as if by magic. Sugar canes can be used to make paper -> books -> enchanted books for better equipment, or used to make sugar and combined with the eggs to make cake that can quickly top up your hunger bar in combat. Additionally, since eggs can be used to spawn chickens, this can be used to create a chicken farm despite the lack of chickens near the spawn.

Spoiler: Details
First off, an overview of the farm.

The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell; similarly, the humble chicken is the powerhouse of the farm.

The chicken is suspended here on a couple blocks of water. Because the chicken is programmed to float in water, it won't fall down and escape the little pillar-cage I've built around it. However, it will still(to the best of my knowledge) continue to lay eggs. The eggs will
not
float, and will therefore flow down the little cage and into the water stream below, as depicted here.

The egg then flows downstream and into the hopper, depositing itself neatly in the chest below.

When this happens, it triggers the tripwire strung over the chest, which causes the pistons to extend and knock the tops off the sugar cane, as seen here(I'm standing on the wire). Since only the top blocks are knocked off, the sugar canes do not have to be replanted!

The farm can be found to the west of the spawn house(orientation calculated by a player standing in front of and facing the door), over the stone bridge I built. It's next to the beetroot/carrot/wheat triple square farm.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19327 (isolation #15) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Accountant »

I have a fetish for automation. Give me iron - or give me time to mine iron, state a request and I will do my best to fulfil it. What do you need in bulk(other than ores)?

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19328 (isolation #16) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 19325, Maestro wrote:
In post 19322, Accountant wrote:Image

The new spawn house is a tiny bit uglier, but that's a small price to pay to avoid bats, spider and zombie invasions! Added bonus: there's no longer any rain splashing into the third floor!
That's a LOT bit uglier. Again, this isn't the long-term server that MS Vanilla is. But on both servers, you should ask before making major (potentially unwarranted) changes to communal builds.
Sorry. It was just sealing off the windows, I didn't make any big changes

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19329 (isolation #17) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:05 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 19326, Porochaz wrote:I had an epic fight with some carrot wielding zombies (they went through my farm) I dont think I broke anything but you might want to check, pistons started moving as I was going by. (sugar still seems to be dropping fine)
On phone right now! To check it's working fine, just hop up onto the pillar and make sure the chicken is still there, then stand on the tripwire and make sure it causes all pistons to extend.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19346 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19335, Maruchan wrote:EDIT: if you were serious about taking all of the diamonds I spent 6 hours obtaining I swear to god accountant.
I took 11 diamonds and will pay them back >.>

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19347 (isolation #19) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:30 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19340, Maruchan wrote:I swear to god you guys. I didn't leave htose htere so everyone could have full diamodn armor the second they log in. They were there for shit like a diamond p[ickaxe so yo ucould mine thigns like obsidian and other diamonds if yo uneeded to.
for the record

I made 3 diamond pickaxes and 1 diamond sword out of the 11 diamonds I took

Two of the pickaxes may be found in my mine chest. Go into my house(there's a sign saying "do not disrupt the mine order", walk down the steps, and open the large chest; the diamonds are stored there. (There is also a batch of iron cooking in the furnace).

I'm not responsible for any other diamond loss; those were the only diamonds I took.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19348 (isolation #20) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 19341, Maestro wrote:"don't build ugly shit"
For the FURTHER record

I thought that the base was perfectly fine. I like cobblestone and have built my house out of them. If I'd used glass instead you would have absolutely 0 problem, so this is purely an arbitrary decision on your part.

EDIT: I'm kind of miffed people are acting like I'm a supervillain for taking 11 diamonds out of a shared chest to make pickaxes to mine more supplies that we need (with a promise to put the diamonds back) and for making a cobblestone wall

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19352 (isolation #21) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have no experience with End runs. I'm just here to build machines, because I like resource gathering and Klazam said on Skype you guys needed farms and stuff. I don't really intend to be one of the people fighting the Ender Dragon, either, unless you count back-end support.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19355 (isolation #22) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Accountant »

Right. I've actually chatted a bit with Klazam on this and he mentioned that everyone has their system. I guess it's reasonable to say that if my sense of aesthetic clashes with yours it makes sense for us to build seperately, with cooperation occurring along the lines of a kind of symbiotic relationship(I mine, I get resources, I get extra resources like string that I can't get by myself from you guys, I build farms with the total resources, you grab the stuff I farm, etc.) That's probably the best form of outcome in order to avoid buildings or structures with clashing aesthetics. It also lets me contribute best to the - for want of a better word - war effort, since I hate minecraft combat.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19369 (isolation #23) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

Doesn't the Ender Dragon fly? Instant Dmg splash seems kind of worthless against it.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19371 (isolation #24) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think there are some Endermen, but for them it might be best to just kill them with swords rather than take up slots which might be better occupied by eg. healing potions

but I'm not a runner

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19401 (isolation #25) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 pm

Post by Accountant »

Haven't been feeling well lately. Will do some mining later.

Return to “The Arcade”