Micro 676: Bill Wurtz Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:29 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.3

[3] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, Parama, implosion)
[2] Gamma Emerald (Morning Tweet, Transcend)
[1] CommKnight (Stormcloud)
[1] implosion (CommKnight)
[1] Stormcloud (KainTepes)

[1] Not Voting (Syryana)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-24 22:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:37 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 124, Stormcloud wrote:
These are the others who seemed to be at least a little suspicious of you. I agree with their suspicions. I was being pretty liberal when I said everyone - it's definitely not everyone, but it is some people I am at least lightly townreading right now.
The three stated aren't exactly in good standing themselves. With my biggest suspicion on Implosion, Syryana's lack of contribution and Parama just isn't really readable as town yet by nearly anyone. So a little suspicion from them towards me isn't exactly all that much to side with.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 am

Post by Stormcloud »

It's kinda funny, I'm reading you more and more town as we chat here, but my reads are near opposite from yours.
Mini little readlist, I do have justifications for these but I don't want to wallpost yet again so I'll leave it shortened for now. Tweet's my strongest read by quite a bit.
Town
Tweet (townread)
Parama (townlean)
implosion (townlean)
Gamma (null)
Transcend (nullscum)
Syryana (nullscum)
KT (nullscum)
Scum

My town reads are relatively stronger than my scumreads right now.
CK is not on the list right now as I'm just really unsure where to put him. I keep going back and forth on it. I don't want to lynch him today.
Current preferred lynch pool (mostly POE) {Transcend, Syryana, KT}
Yeah yeah I know my vote's still on CK, I'm not moving it until I feel a little more confident.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:13 am

Post by KainTepes »

I'm not a fan of scumcloud's reads given how much they are based on NAI reads,, stormcloud is jumping at me for dumb stuff like me quoting the HISTORY OF JAPAN video but how is scum more likely to do that than town?? sounds just to me that scumcloud is picking at low-hanging fruit because she has no real reason to find scum, being scum herself,,

happy with my vote.
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:14 am

Post by KainTepes »

if scumcloud were just being 'tentative' about her reads, she won't say something so confident like
preventing me from completely scumreading him for it is that I don't think scum would be that obvious.
fluff is non-alignment indicative. give me a reason why scum is more likely to quote history of japan videos than town, and i'll actually listen to you.

Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:26 am

Post by Stormcloud »

My issue isn't with you posting fluff at all, it's that you posted fluff (proving you were actively in the thread), but didn't vote for CK until several minutes later, after implosion changed his vote. Why not post your 15 immediately? Did you not read CK's post 11 until after you made your fluff post?

Sequence of events (hopefully fairly objective)
CK posts his RVS vote and states that he wants to get a claim quickly
Mod posts a vote count
KT posts fluff (NAI)
implosion unvotes and votes for CK. Doesn't add any reasoning at the time, later says he likes to change his vote on page 1 to generate discussion.
KT votes for CK and expresses shock/suspicion that he wants a quick claim

So why wasn't it more like this:
CK posts his RVS vote and states that he wants to get a claim quickly
Mod posts a vote count
KT votes for CK and expresses shock/suspicion that he wants a quick claim
then implosion does whatever he'd do in that situation (might be the same, might be different)

My point is, when you made the fluff post you had all the info you needed to make post 15. Why didn't you (or make it right after your fluff post instead of a bit later after implosion's?)

To be clear, I don't really find your page one actions very scummy at all - I find your refusal to explain and work with me far more suspicious.

Yeah, my "completely scumreading" comment was badly worded. I guess a better wording would be "preventing me from scumreading him more than I currently am". I.E. if I thought scum!KT would be that obvious, I would be scumreading you more. But I'm not, because I think scum!KT would be better than that and might not do something so obvious.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:28 am

Post by KainTepes »

In post 15, KainTepes wrote:
In post 11, CommKnight wrote:VOTE: Transcend

Might as well make a quick claim and get some discussion started. By my count that is L2, so further votes would earn my immediate FOS.
what do you mean "make a quick claim", VOTE: Communist knight
what do you mean? my vote was on CK as early as post 15.

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:30 am

Post by KainTepes »

UNVOTE: Stormcloud perhaps i may be misunderstanding you at points. let me look at your posts again

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:35 am

Post by KainTepes »

In post 13, KainTepes wrote:japan is an island by the sea nad it is BEAUTIFUL
oh so it looks like your issue is with this post,,

now i see why you think i was being opportunistic,, because i voted RIGHT after implosion vote

it is simple really, the explanation is just pretty dumb,, i was busy watching the history of japan video linked in the first post of the MODERATOR when people were posting and then quoted it,, i wasn't reading the posts at that point,,

you are actually CORRECT about me being opportunistic later though, but not for the way that you think. the reason why i voted COMMKNIGHT in 15 was also because implosion already voted for him. from past experience, RVS is only really useful if there is some kind of wagon, not votes scattering all over the place. scum is not scared of single votes, they're scared of multiple votes against them. so since implosion was already voting commknight i found it useful to pressure commknight more,, which is when i started finding commknight's subsequent posts and setup spec kind of desperate

Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:39 am

Post by Syryana »

Directors cuts wallpost inc
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 am

Post by KainTepes »

HIRE A SAMURAI.............!!!

Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:42 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Well that was a good half-dozen posts we could have skipped lol
I don't love how defensive you got about the whole thing, but I do think there's a good chance it was just a TvT misunderstanding. You're back to null for me, and the scumhunting starts anew!
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:47 am

Post by KainTepes »

i got what you perceived as defensive because i perceived you as scumreading me for fluff posts, which is what i have observed scum to pick on

and the phrasing of your posts as well which i found was scummy,, with the "completely scumreading" thing,,

but yeah now i understand what you are talking about so i explain it

i am curious why you townread impklosion?

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 am

Post by KainTepes »

In post 136, Stormcloud wrote:Well that was a good half-dozen posts we could have skipped lol
I don't love how defensive you got about the whole thing, but I do think there's a
good chance it was just a TvT misunderstanding
. You're back to
null for me
, and the scumhunting starts anew!
see the bolded parts of your posts,,

maybe it's just your style but the way you make these posts ping me a lot. it's a lot of shade-casting to say "you're null to me but i still don't like you". why not just explicitly say you scumread me? it sounds a lot to me like the scum i've played in the past who like to be super-tentative and shadecast everyone but try to keep neutral so they don't attract too much attention.

if you can show me a town game where you said similar things then i'll drop the subject though, because this could be PURELY STYLISTIC,,

KAIN TEPES STEPPING OUT>................!!!

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:50 am

Post by KainTepes »

how about SUNRISE LAND.................??

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 am

Post by KainTepes »

Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:59 am

Post by Stormcloud »

let's see...i'm actually curious too as it was mostly a gut read from a couple pages back.

I liked the vote on CK and the later explanation for the vote change - that it's something he often does on day 1 to start discussion. It was the first "serious" vote of the game and I like that. I haven't looked at past games to see if he's telling the truth about this being a common action for him though.

Next he talks a whole bunch about the claiming stuff so that's NAI. He's generally skeptical of CK's instant scumread, and doesn't react defensively at all. At this point I'm feeling either town or pretty experienced, flippant scum.

He pointed out the same thing that bugged me about your page one posts (which bother me quite a bit less now, I do accept your explanation at least for today). But picking up on similar scumtells makes me like him.

He later votes for Transcend, joining a growing wagon. This is opportunistic and it's probably the scummiest thing he's done, but I can see the town motivation - discussion about CK was stalling a bit and pressuring people/forming wagons is generally pro town. If this went to a lynch and Transcend flipped town I'd look a little harder at the timing of how implosion joined the wagon, but given that it hasn't yet and I'm also lightly scumreading Transcend, I don't mind implosion's vote here.

He then questions Transcend about his POE system. The questions seem pretty genuine and like he's really just curious about Transcend's mindset, not like he's trying to get him mislynched. Obviously it's a bit early on day 1 for the mafia to hard scumread someone and try and push a mislynch, but that doesn't seem to be implosion's goal here.

So yeah, light townread, the lightest of my three probably.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:06 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Unfortunately this is my first game of forum mafia anywhere, so I don't have any links for you. I've played IRL 4 or 5 times but no recordings. I do tend to be very unsure of my early reads - in my last game I think I gave a grand total of two reads day 1 (both correct surprisingly).

I don't believe it's alignment indicative for me, but it's hard to say since I've never rolled mafia before.

You're null to me because some of your actions seem scummy, and others seems towny. Therefore, I can't make up my mind. I'm definitely not townreading you the way I am some others, but someone in the game has to be scum, and I haven't ruled you out yet. I will say you're no longer on my want to lynch list for today.

Unless the scum lie in the more lurky people, I think this game is kinda hard. So many people seem town to me today.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Stormcloud »

In post 138, KainTepes wrote: try to keep neutral so they don't attract too much attention.
I'm doing a lot of things, but trying not to attract attention certainly isn't one of them!

I agree that fencesitting is a somewhat common scumtell. I think it's probably worse later in the game when scum want to be able to say "I thought he might be town!" after someone flips - basically acting really unsure to try and fake that they didn't want to lynch that person. On day 1 I think it's NAI, unless the person gives literally 0 reads.

When I do finally get a decent read, or vote with the intention to lynch, I will own that vote regardless of the flip - not taking responsibility isn't my style.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:29 am

Post by KainTepes »

In post 143, Stormcloud wrote:
In post 138, KainTepes wrote: try to keep neutral so they don't attract too much attention.
I'm doing a lot of things, but trying not to attract attention certainly isn't one of them!

I agree that fencesitting is a somewhat common scumtell. I think it's probably worse later in the game when scum want to be able to say "I thought he might be town!" after someone flips - basically acting really unsure to try and fake that they didn't want to lynch that person. On day 1 I think it's NAI, unless the person gives literally 0 reads.

When I do finally get a decent read, or vote with the intention to lynch, I will own that vote regardless of the flip - not taking responsibility isn't my style.
Fair enough, this explanation makes SENSE<,

KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:31 am

Post by KainTepes »

In post 127, Stormcloud wrote:Town
Tweet (townread)
Parama (townlean)
implosion (townlean)
Gamma (null)
Transcend (nullscum)
Syryana (nullscum)
KT (nullscum)
Scum
you don't have CK on your list,, how are you reading him?

Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:38 am

Post by Stormcloud »

I explain that below the list - Gamma is null because he hasn't said much of anything yet, but CK is null because I can't make up my mind.
If I had to give a read I'd say town right now. He's sticking to his reads and views, even if I don't agree with them. Scum might have decided to blend in a bit more in that situation and let go of their convictions to make peace. I still don't like that he refuses to move his vote without a claim on principle, but I can accept that that's a difference in culture and not indicative of scum.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:46 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 25, Syryana wrote:Fast RVS = good RVS. Implosion, Kain, and Comm are all town.
Okay. Let's start with Implosion. I thought implosion's wordless unvote and vote of CommKnight was town as fuck. Scum generally (in my experience) don't have those immediate knee jerk reactions. Implosion's post was also the point where I felt RVS ended (I hate RVS, personally).

CommKnight. Initially I was gonna vote his ass for the claims deal but after reading his subsequent posts (e.g. and ) I felt he did a really good job of explaining why he wanted what he wanted. I don't agree with him, but from the perspective of someone that doesn't know our site meta it makes perfect sense. Also the tone of his posts is towntowntown. He's in an argument with Kain, but he's not pressured and it is clear from his posting that he absolutely feels he's in the right. If he's scum and can fake that, hats off, I'll cheerily lose this game to him. This dude is god-tier town in my list. Caveat: If it comes out that he's an alt from this site (or has history with this site in general), vig/lynch/kill with extreme prejudice.

Kain. I thought the exchange between CK and Kain was reasonably townish (at the time, I'll explain in my second director's cut). Seemed like fairly genuine reactions between the two. Once the initial fight between the two died down I really liked how Kain tried to understand CK.

Time for part 2! Gonna start with mah post and break it down by parts.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:I like Stormcloud. I like Tweet (I think).
I read through page 3 and liked the conversation between Storm and Tweet. I wasn't so fond of the CK jump in but the subsequent conversation between Transcend and Storm felt really natural.

Rereading Tweet today, I fuckin love her and . She pretty much nailed my feelings re: CK.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:I like implosion less, some things he said are making my spider senses tingle.
The following caused my tingling:
In post 35, implosion wrote:I have a somewhat scummy first impression of Kain. The Comm vote looks somewhat awkward/opportunistic simply by virtue of only happening after mine, yet having reasoning that was already available when Kain made post 13. 17 jumps to conclusions, accusing Comm of refusing to take his vote off and tunneling pretty shortly after the vote on Transcend. It looks like jumping on the easy target. The last line of 23 reads as trying to keep options open to switch to a wagon on me if Comm starts being read as town.
This feels like a very forced interpretation of Kain's actions. While I do agree that Kain's initial CK vote wasn't as town as I thought it was given that he was fluffposting prior to making the vote, saying is jumping to conclusions is pretty patently false considering CK had just said in the previous post that he's voteparking until he gets a claim. Kain's definition of tunneling is iffy but I very much disagree that he was jumping to conclusions or jumping on the easy target. I also particularly don't like the last line about "keeping options open" because it looks to me like implosion took it out of context to force the interpretation. To me it's pretty clear that in context Kain is explaining to CK that his(Kain's) issues with the implosion vote aren't because he's(Kain's) townreading implosion but rather that Kain has issues with CK's methodology.

I've been guilty in games past of getting a gut scum vibe and forcing the interpretation like this before, so I'm not treating this as a pure scumtell i.e. OMG SCUM LYNCH IT NAONAONAO. I still like Implosion's earlier posts but this definitely deteriorates the townread.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:Kain read deteriorated somewhat. Still like Comm.
Oh Kain. Long story short, my kneejerk townread of Kain deteriorated when I realized I missed his fluffpost. The thing I liked about Kain is the naturalness of his posting chain with CK and that he didn't react until after implosion's vote really threw a wrench in my mental gears. On reread(rereread?) however I've decided it doesn't bother me enough to stop townreading Kain.

CK is still CK. Haven't seen anything from him that makes me change my mind.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:P.S. Setup spec is worthless atm
This was actually in reference to . It's not setup spec in the usual sense, but trying to guess teams and eliminate teams (which I think is pretty dumb to start with) is REALLY dumb when we have zero information regarding the number of scum etc.

*wipes sweat off forehead* Alright. Time to throw some commentary out there on the new stuff! In another post.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:48 am

Post by Transcend »

Jsyk if you're obv towning in these walls of text, that's your fault

Still not reading any of them

Say less for God's sake, it's not hard to condense
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Sorry Transcend - I think the reason my posts tend to be so long is because I've seen a lot of situations on this site where someone makes an argument, but words it oddly/doesn't really explain too clearly, and then a whole big discussion gets started over a simple misunderstanding that didn't have to happen if the first person just explained very clearly and unambiguously what they were thinking in the first place. I'll try and shorten my thoughts as much as I can!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”