Micro 675: Heroes of the Storm uPick - Game Over!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #17 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

Salutations.

I would like to discuss the pros/cons of mass flavor claiming. Please note that I am not actually proposing it as yet, I'd just like to discuss it.

The nature of this game intrinsically suggests that character is not linked to alignment. However, claiming flavor right from the start severely limits scum's ability to fakeclaim later on. You can't claim Kerrigan now, then pretend to be a Doctor later. It doesn't make sense. The downside of this, of course, is the reverse; someone claiming Lt. Morales would likely be perceived by scum to be a Doctor, despite the fact that Morales also has powers that could serve to provide Commute, Roleblock, or even Invent.

My point here is that, while claiming flavor this early is usually a bad idea, it deserves discussion this time around.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (isolation #1) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

I should probably bookmark this on my main account. I don't want to alt slip, but I keep forgetting this exists.

Reading now.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:46 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 294, Dunnstral wrote:Did obvious alt pm the mod in order to avoid posting in thread?
I replied via PM to the replacement ad posted in the relevant thread. I had been instructed by PM not to post in thread, and refrained from doing so pending confirmation that I wasn't being replaced.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:48 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 300, borkjerfkin wrote:This game becomes way the fuck different if sir lurksalot is scum

VOTE: obvious alt
I prefer "Dame Lurksalot," thank you.

I'll have relevant content in the next 20-30 minutes or so.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:58 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

It's spelled "bated breath." You're not using a hook. It's a form of "abated" which Shakespeare shortened to lop a syllable.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:42 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

In post 18, Charloux wrote:I kinda like these double edged ideas, makes the game more fun. But what prevents us from fakeclaiming? And i really doubt more than half of us will agree to this. Should in that case just half of us claim?
This is not a real slip. "Us" is the collective player list.
In post 20, Charloux wrote:Also, how likely do you guys think there is a 3rd faction in this game?
This, however, is suspicious af. Too much experience on site to be derping about with some other site's meta, and being paranoid about third party is a classic indicator of scum.
In post 109, Shadow_step wrote:Will catchup at some point.

Meanwhile, hello Pie!
I hope we can solve this game together.
This smells stinky. Not sure why. Too earnest?

Pausing after the end of page 7, fatigue. At present, SRs on Charloux and Shadow. I'd have a TR on Bork, but respect for his experience makes me wary to the point of null so far. Syryana looks Town. Dunn strikes me as maybe Town.

Will resume after a nap. Holding off on a vote until I have finished reading.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #316 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

Sitting down to dinner. I'll complete my readthrough after.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

AJ, I don't follow your issues with me.

You don't like that I am resisting a TR on Bork. Everything he's doing and saying looks Townish, but experienced scum can fake that. Almost ridiculously easily, in fact. I'm just being wary of Bork, the same as I'd be wary of TRing a lot of older, more experienced players like Reck, Mastina, Nacho, Fate, Nero, or DGB to name a few. In other words, initial signs point to Town, but I'm still collecting data.

Also, Charloux as much as admitted the resurrecting thing was not a real claim. I'd have called him out for it if he hadn't, because that claim doesn't make any damn sense. There is very scarce pro-Town utility to a self-sacrificing resurrect, as it does not alter ratio balance, and the only resurrecting character from the source material, Auriel, does not self-sacrifice to resurrect.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Post by Obvious Alt »

As for my reads, screw off. My reads are my own, you don't get to dictate what's good or bad about them. I've played with Syryana before, this looks like his Towngame. Same with Shadow, in reverse. I've played with both pie and NS before, but it's been a while, and I don't get a strong read off of them yet. They're playing things close to the chest. Post quantity =! quality, and it =! a read.
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #355 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

I agree with the impulse for a counterwagon. Shadow looks like the best option.

VOTE: Shadow_Step
Obvious Alt
Obvious Alt
Townie
Obvious Alt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:51 am

Post by Obvious Alt »

I got my first pick. I don't think that not getting your first pick has anything to do with what other people got (though it is possible.) More likely, Fox took your list and used it to make best-fit choices for predetermined roles.

For example, my second and third choices were Sgt Hammer and Sonya respectively. Neither would have made any damn sense for the role I have. Frankly, my first choice is a stretch, but it works.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”