Micro 674 9:12 Dream Mafia. Game over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:07 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Gerryoat is basically Calvin Kendall minus the mod. I suppose Tobias Willow can spare him for now.

VOTE: Think Tepes

Do not Think like Tepes, it will turn you into a Large Ham.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:06 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 30, The Poetic Assassin wrote:
In post 23, BTD6_maker wrote:Gerryoat is basically Calvin Kendall minus the mod. I suppose Tobias Willow can spare him for now.

VOTE: Think Tepes

Do not Think like Tepes, it will turn you into a Large Ham.
I honestly don't know if I like this vote or not.

Tepes and Maker have completely opposite styles. I would think it would be better for these two to feel each other out more before jumping into the clash that has a good chance of happening. Ofc Maker is pretty chill and prolly wont get angry (as with Tepes), but that is not my issue here. My issue is that there will be a lot of misunderstanding between these two.

Maker, why did you vote Tepes knowing there is such a gap in styles between the two of you?
Basically, it was just RVS. When the game progresses and the gap becomes more important, I may try to sort KainTepes. His playstyle is different from just about everyone here (lots of shouting, less reasoning), but he can still be sorted.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #2) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:16 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

-Grey- looks mildly suspicious. They are voting Firebringer with next to no reasoning. They are making a lot of posts that are of very little use. They are getting very emotional over irrelevant matters. I am not sure whether they are actual scum, though, or just bad Town.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (isolation #3) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:37 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Incidentally, -Grey- is now resorting to being increasingly juvenile and immature.

-Grey-, if you are Town, you are not doing us a favour. (Although again I doubt this would be the normal scum response).
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #4) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:47 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Flubber voted me pretty much because of PA's reasoning. This was given purely on the basis that I had few posts. Also, if "one post a day is not enough to read someone" then I would be solidly null, not PA's strongest scumread. Also, I was never prodded.

PA is assuming that lack of content is scummy. This may be true when all the high-volume posters are more Townish than the lurkers, but this is not the case here. Posters who post lots of scummy content are better votes than posters who post less content and are harder to read.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #5) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:12 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

I'm not "refusing to talk to somebody simply because they annoyed me". (Unless you are talking about someone else, in which case who is?)
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:58 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 262, The Poetic Assassin wrote:
In post 257, BTD6_maker wrote:Flubber voted me pretty much because of PA's reasoning. This was given purely on the basis that I had few posts. Also, if "one post a day is not enough to read someone" then I would be solidly null, not PA's strongest scumread. Also, I was never prodded.

PA is assuming that lack of content is scummy. This may be true when all the high-volume posters are more Townish than the lurkers, but this is not the case here. Posters who post lots of scummy content are better votes than posters who post less content and are harder to read.
My reasoning was more than that, don't short sight me.
You should state your full reasons then. You wagoned after TPA's vote.

I have read 244 and can see that you find it scummy, but why? There is no explanation there about what makes you think it is scummy at all.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:52 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

ThinkTepes is an interesting case. I currently have them as weak scum.

I say an interesting case because there are two players with two contrasting playstyles. I feel that it is ThinkBig who is mainly giving reasons and analysis rather than KainTepes. Either way, I will judge their replacement (unless they somehow show up).
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (isolation #8) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:16 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Mod, I am V/LA until the 4th of February. Real Life is getting busy. I should still be able to post, just not as often.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #519 (isolation #9) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:42 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

I will pick apart Hapahauli's case on me.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:51 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 450, hapahauli wrote:VOTE: BTD6_maker

Mafia want to hide.
Not to be difficult, to shitpost, and cry.
But this is what players would like you to believe,
Because they want to deceive.
While the town continues to divide.

You are making several assumptions here. First is that anyone posting little is lurking. This is not true; I am quite busy most of the time in Real Life (and even more now, on V/LA). Second is that lurking is inherently scummy. Mafia want to appear Town as deliberate lurking makes them look suspect. Third is that Mafia do not want to spam, be difficult etc. Doing such would then be an easy way to appear Town when other Townies are looking at lurkers.

In post 257, BTD6_maker wrote:...

PA is assuming that lack of content is scummy. This may be true when all the high-volume posters are more Townish than the lurkers, but this is not the case here.
Posters who post lots of scummy content are better votes than posters who post less content and are harder to read.
Townies are usually direct,
Because it helps give their posts effect
But in both these below briefs,
BTD6_maker
indirectly talks about his beliefs.
The conclusions are useless by any respect.

These are my genuine conclusions. I read -Grey- at that point as anti-Town but still nullTownish. That is entirely possible. Anti-Town and scummy are two different things.

With Think Tepes, I had him as weak scum but thought that once the replacement turns up it would be easier to re-evaluate my read.

In post 230, BTD6_maker wrote:
-Grey- looks mildly suspicious.They are voting Firebringer with next to no reasoning. They are making a lot of posts that are of very little use. They are getting very emotional over irrelevant matters.
I am not sure whether they are actual scum, though, or just bad Town.
In post 344, BTD6_maker wrote:ThinkTepes is an interesting case.
I currently have them as weak scum.

I say an interesting case
because there are two players with two contrasting playstyles. I feel that it is ThinkBig who is mainly giving reasons and analysis rather than KainTepes.
Either way, I will judge their replacement (unless they somehow show up).
BTD6_maker
hasn’t been away,
He has seven posts and has played,
But one must cede,
That he only has two weak scum reads,
He cannot be hunting mafia in this way.
Generally speaking, for me "weak" scumreads are fairly strong for Day 1. I generally do not form moderate or stronger scumreads until subsequent days.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 8:53 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 470, hapahauli wrote:But everyone seems to be ignoring,
What mafia did while we were snoring,
Last night
Flubbernugget
died,
I opened his filter and looked inside,
And which lynch do you think he was exploring?
In post 245, Flubbernugget wrote:VOTE: btd
This assumes that because Flubbernugget was voting me and he died, that is evidence against me. Dead Townies can be wrong, and are as likely to be wrong as any other Townie.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #616 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:52 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 598, hapahauli wrote:
BTB6_maker
is a lurker. I made the case on him at the beginning of the day primarily because I thought he was a lurker and wanted to get more information from him. Also, I think making it to LYLO with a player like BTB is a disaster. He will be a liability regardless of alignment due to his activity.

That all being said, I do legitimately think he is mafia for his defense.
In post 519, BTD6_maker wrote:I will pick apart Hapahauli's case on me.
In my experience playing this game, stuff like this always comes from mafia. Mafia generally aren't confident, but try to put up a "front" of calmness or confidence. But that also betrays their mentality. When a townie is falsely accused, you generally see a very emotional response. Something along the lines of "FUCK YOU, I'M TOWN." Even if people don't explicitly say it, posts will generally betray that mentality. You'll typically see some emotion (sadness, anger, frustration). Most people do not enjoyed being called liars.

The mentality of "I will calmly pick this case apart now" is
very hard to come from town
. That's not a natural thought process from someone who is falsely accused.

Secondly, his actual defense. His defense boils down to "I can do this as either alignment." And to his credit, he is certainly a lurking player regardless of alignment. However, what's suspicious is what his defense is missing.
Nothing about his defense tells us that he's town.
. Again, the "FUCK YOU, I'M TOWN" psychology of being falsely accused. Nothing in that defense is about him being town. It's all about discrediting the analysis because he can do it as either alignment. Logically valid? Yes. But psychologically very suspicious.
I do not "lurk". Right now I will inevitably be fairly inactive due to V/LA. Even otherwise, I am a busy person in Real Life. You seem to think that a lack of activity automatically implies lurking which automatically implies scumminess. This is the false assumption.

Also, I am generally a rather unemotional, rational player regardless of alignment. When attacked, instead of spamming AtE I try to examine the flaws in the cases on me. My natural thought process, regardless of alignment, is indeed "I will calmly pick this case apart now". You will typically see very little emotion in my posts.

There is nothing really that I can do as Town but not fake as scum (short of certain PR claims, obviously). Indeed, assume that that was the case. In that case, my optimal play as Town would be to use it as a "trust tell", which is not allowed. Scum can fake just about anything. It's true that my case is logically valid, but not psychologically very suspicious. You are assuming that my psychology is similar to that of others you have played with. Most people indeed do not like enjoy being called a liar, myself included. But not everyone shows emotion through their posts. For every emotional player, there is a stoic player.

VOTE: Hapahauli

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”