Micro 676: Bill Wurtz Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by KainTepes »

Post was posted in wrong game.
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:41 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.4

[3] implosion (CommKnight, Transcend, KainTepes)
[3] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, Parama, implosion)
[1] CommKnight (Stormcloud)
[1] Gamma Emerald (Morning Tweet)

[1] Not Voting (Syryana)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-24 22:00:00)
Last edited by borkjerfkin on Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beefycheese
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by KainTepes »

redacted

MOD please delete this post,, i mistook this game for a nother one i am playing with GAMMA
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by Stormcloud »

@mod do v/la players still need to post every 72(?) hours
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 228, Stormcloud wrote:
@mod do v/la players still need to post every 72(?) hours
No, just don't abuse the privilege by going on egregiously long V/LAs.
beefycheese
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:09 pm

Post by implosion »

Forgive me for I am about to either wallpost or spampost because i've been watching a speedrun since i got back from work. Alas.
Comm wrote:Switching a vote without explaining reasoning is something a scum easily slips up.
This is incredibly silly. If I'm scum, I know that there's a chance I'll be found suspicious or noteworthy for switching a vote without a reason. This isn't an "easy slip up." This is an incredibly easily avoidable mistake as scum, if it is actually a mistake. Scum do not "just need to lynch town." They need to lynch town and avoid looking scummy so that they aren't lynched instead/lynched on future days. If I'm scum and re-voting without reason is really such an egregious mistake as you imply it is, then I as scum have no reason to do it... I can simply give reasoning or not switch my vote.

You're right that I can theoretically have made up the motivation for my vote on you after the fact but that does not give me motivation to do it as scum. If you're saying that the motivation is to lynch you then I seriously question your characterization of an L-4 singleton vote as "opportunistic."

Engaging with you is pointless anyway if you're locking yourself into a vote, especially considering how full of yourself you seem; it's just so backwards that you're locking your vote on me with the (at least partial) logic that we can't have solid discussion without a claim yet you flatly refusing to consider other possibilities until I claim stifles the degree of analysis you can give.

It's really just a nice stark contrast to see you, a stereotypical player who seems convinced that their way is the one true way to play mafia and they are just so much better than others (at least, that's the vibe i get from 119), next to storm, the first player I've seen in a long time who seems to show a shred of humility. Alas.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by implosion »

I tend to think Syryana and Storm are town at this point. Can justify either of those further if desired. I like Kain's argumentation towards storm, so he leans more town at this point. I also still lean town on Comm, but only weakly. I think he could quite easily just be tunneling me so that he doesn't have to give nuanced opinions, but gut says it's a bit more likely he'd be making this kind of play as town. I guess it ultimately comes down to evaluating how likely it is that Comm would genuinely have the thought process that would lead to fossing me this strongly as town, since it's somewhat likely that the mere fact of tunneling is a null playstyle trait. Unfortunately and quite clearly I'm not going to be able to put myself in his shoes very effectively.
MT wrote:I find this explanation pretty believable. @Implo, what do you think?
It's believable enough. I mean, it was sort of a minor point to begin with. I tend to think that the mere fact of an RVS wagon or an "opportunistic" RVS vote is somewhat mitigated by the fact that scum have little reason to do something so overt so early except to try to garner towncred. The vote was as much for the other minor things I mentioned. But I think they're not as significant as the reasons to townread Kain for his rhetoric towards Storm.

Not sure yet what to think of Morning Tweet. The way she talks to Storm at the beginning is interesting; it seems decently town-motivated but there's a definite potential scum motivation there of asking questions and starting to get into the thick of things and read the pulse of the game before committing to reads, since she doesn't explicitly say what she thinks about Storm until agreeing with Parama in . Until then she somewhat implies a scumread by calling Storm's reasoning non-genuine but *shrug*. I do like the direction of the questions she's been asking; they're good questions.

Parama/Gamma are null for now I think.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:24 pm

Post by Transcend »

Cool story, bro
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Post by implosion »

As for Transcend: I still think he's scummy. Frankly it feels like he's trying way too hard relative to how it felt like he played in my other game with him. In that game he seemed overall irreverent, making snyde comments and commenting on a sort of arbitrary subset of the things that were being said (of course it was a large normal so there's a difference there but etc). Something feels off about his entry into the game and I think it's that it feels like he's going "hey guys I have reads look at me." I sort of have trouble seeing a snap reaction to of "this vote on me looks genuine". Which is what Transcend claims his snap judgment was. My personal snap judgment of that post is "that's a lot of words for an RVS post" (to be clear, at this point I don't really have an opinion on it). It just seems like he wanted to call it a genuine post to say "hey guys, I'm townreading the guy who put me at L-2, look at me, I don't care if I'm lynched, I must be town!" I think that scum motivation is more likely than the likelihood of him reading that post, thinking it was particularly genuine, misreading who made the post, and deciding to open the game with that.

The way he's doing the PoE stuff still feels somewhat manufactured for reasons The future rhetoric around it makes his gamma vote look like a lazy vote that avoids him having to further justify it. He ends up effectively abandoning the team reasoning anyway and going with a fos-driven vote on me.

There's also a gut feeling that his demeanor is meaningfully tonally different from the last game I played with him, which is harder to elaborate on.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:36 pm

Post by implosion »

tl;dr
T->S
Syr ~ Storm >> Kain > Comm ~ MT > Parama ~ Gamma >> Transcend
lots of those I'm not sure how strong they are and some of the ~s might be >s but etc.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Post by Transcend »

Ok my turn

I tr Comm

I tr tweet

I tr storm

I lean town on Parama

Null on kain

Null on syr

Null on Gamma

I sr implosion

My wall > Your wall
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:45 pm

Post by Transcend »

I wish syr would commit to a vote

It will probably be me since he has a town boner for implosion
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 110, CommKnight wrote:Parama and Transcend seem to have a problem with putting all their thoughts into one post. I can understand 2 posts together, but 5-7 in a row of 2-3 sentences? I'm sorry, but continue to say you won't read walls of text, I won't read pages of fluff posts that could've all been put into a single post and shortened the amount of pages so far.
alright, and your anti-town style of posting is going to continue to be a burden for as long as you live in this game so you can piss off

page number and post number means literally nothing. nobody likes reading walls. your argument against my posting style is
NOT SUFFICIENT
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Post by Transcend »

Luh yuh p

Wish you'd read me as town
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by Parama »

also @Comm have you played a newbie game on site because if you haven't you really should
i don't care if you've played mafia before, it doesn't necessarily mean you've played mafia like mafiascum plays mafia and your stupid "not moving vote until a claim" thing is literally
ANTI-TOWN

if you continue to leave your vote in the same place for such an arbitrary reason, you're just going to look like scum too lazy to actually scumhunt and i'll probably want to lynch you
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:58 pm

Post by Transcend »

He's town and policy lynching him in a micro is stupid
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by Transcend »

But yeah voting til you get a claim is stupid and
ANTI-TOWN
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Parama »

it's not a policy lynch. newbie or not, he's already had this explained to him. continuing to push for a claim is being intentionally obtuse, which town has no motivation to do
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:01 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 115, KainTepes wrote:i.e. Stormcloud is VERY obviously trying to cast shade and hopefully get a MISLYNCH on me,, and then disclaim responsibility for it

SCUM BEHAVIOR DETECTED
reach of the goddamn century. kain's probably scum on the basis of this and 114.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Transcend »

But then again

Some town are really bad

Everyone thinks that town are all perfect little angels sent from heaven above that will gloriously scumhunt and play pro-town the whole time

The reality is, scum plays like that more often. Not saying town can't play like that and scum can't play like Comm is but my general vibe is he's reckless town eager to find out information.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:04 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 119, CommKnight wrote:For balance reasons, I'm willing to place my bet on there being either 2 town PR's and a mafia PR or if it really is all VT, then there is definitely a 3rd party. As 2 mafia in a 7 VT vs 2 would be a bit unfair for them and 3 mafia vs 6 VT would be unfair to us. It's just at that number where a PR or 3rd party must be active to balance things out. Which in games with a Neutral 3rd party (one who can win with any) or who's win conditions do not stop town's win conditions, I do not mind aiding by the way. Town of Salem which people seem to keep pinning me to (even though it's only one medium I play on... hah... medium... curse...), people on there are rather... ignorant. For example, if we have a known executioner and their target is a useless role, I'm willing to sacrifice a useless role to gain a non-killable townie (they would've won so no reason to side with mafia and counts as a confirmed vote against them for LYLO). Even survivors, who can vest and when mixed with a transporter can create a movable shield for town. However, in RT mafia, most players are unable to think that critically and just see "not town" as inherently bad. For those who've played the game and know the Jester role, I've managed to help a Jester win while getting a mafia killed. Mafia were tricking town, but I whispered the Jester to kill a certain somebody if he guiltied him. Well, I managed to get mafia to guilty him and got 2 birds with one stone.
for someone complaining about people making too short of posts, this entire paragraph is literally useless fluff and it's like a quarter of your wallpost
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Transcend »

And truthfully, I'm eager to get information asap as well. Even if it's my flip and i get spoiled, i like piecing the puzzle together rather than taking forever to find where the f*ck the corner piece goes.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:06 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 126, CommKnight wrote:
In post 124, Stormcloud wrote:
These are the others who seemed to be at least a little suspicious of you. I agree with their suspicions. I was being pretty liberal when I said everyone - it's definitely not everyone, but it is some people I am at least lightly townreading right now.
The three stated aren't exactly in good standing themselves. With my biggest suspicion on Implosion, Syryana's lack of contribution and Parama just isn't really readable as town yet by nearly anyone. So a little suspicion from them towards me isn't exactly all that much to side with.
this wasn't even at you lol it was at kain

the vague discredit is noted though
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 128, KainTepes wrote:stormcloud is jumping at me for dumb stuff like me quoting the HISTORY OF JAPAN video
for the record, stop doing this, please. literally useless posts. we've all seen the video.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 8:08 pm

Post by Parama »

never mind, Kain's town
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”