Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11539 (isolation #600) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11536, grapes wrote:Who are you shooting if RR flips scum?
That's the interesting question.
That's interesting indeed.. how certain you are that the game has TWO scum left alive at this point. (Otherwise; if RR flips scum the game ends. Right??)

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11544 (isolation #601) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Btw, I need your modding experience on this one: What does an action that CANNOT FAIL exactly mean? It cannot be blocked? It cannot be blocked OR redirected? It works through a JK block?? What??

Cuz if the name of my target wasn't explicitly mentioned in my result it gives me the feeling it's NOT that of my target. Then again, why would scum redirect me to someone who did not take action when they could've stayed put and take no action themselves??

This may not help determine alignments, but it sure doesn't bode well with me.

P-edit:

@grapes:

What's your precise question to me?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11546 (isolation #602) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11545, grapes wrote:I wanna know why you're getting hung up on not getting a result worded to you the same way and are trying to twist that like it means you were redirected and not that it was just worded a different way.

And also what your action does? Now that I'm reading your post it looks like you can tell if someone actioned or not at night.

First; have you asked Varsoon about why there was a wording difference.
Then two, you can explain to me where a redirector comes in here, given we haven't really seen evidence of one.
And then third how you being redirected makes you think I'm scum to start with.
It took Varsoon a whole day to get back to me with a result to begin with, so no I didn't bother asking him what it meant.

However, in my mind when your role is tailored to get results in a certain format then when that format changes it should be a point of concern.

And yes, I can tell if my target took action and whether that action was harmful. On Season Finale it also tells me the exact action and who the target was. That's why I've used it Twice of 3 times on Season Finale. The first one had to be used before the Season Finale though.

Now maybe you can help me understand why TWIE would confirm you got shot at by Sky if that was the case. Care to give that one a try?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11551 (isolation #603) » Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11547, grapes wrote:I've been obvtown all game. Twie either didn't really think confirming that would mean anything, or thought you all would drown in wine over it. Look what happened.
So you're saying Scum!TWIE confirmed Sky being Scum for shits and giggles?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11584 (isolation #604) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

Let me try to predict the course of the game. Currently both RR & grapes are at 3 votes (L-2). Next up; MoI will come to vote RR. Shiro will hammer. RR will flip Town. TFL's shot will fail, and he is the likely NK. I get lynched tomorrow, and Mastina is NK's at night. Game over. Scum team of Cakez, Sky, Shadow, TWIE, grapes, Shiro & DGB win. And if that happens then my greatest regards to Shiro for doing exactly the opposite of what I would have expected Scum!Shiro to do when he stopped pushing me on D1 (although he thought I was Jenney Pizza not Buck Dewey).

I do sincerely hope that I'm wrong and that grapes is the one and only scum still alive, but his own posts give me the weird feeling that I was right and that there are TWO scums alive, not just one.

While we (myself, random, TFL and RR) are trying to narrow it down to a more precise lynch pool; grapes is throwing shade on everyone not confirmed, and then on random (who IS confirmed) too.

grapes: RR is OMGUSing.
grapes: Why me over Almost
grapes: TFL is trying to go against the will of conf!Town
grapes: Could random be scum?

The only one he didn't throw shade on (apart from Mastina & MoI) is Shiro, and this is for an obvious reason. If there is one scum remaining then Shiro IS clear, and since both Mastina and MoI do believe it's one more lynch to go then mud slinging Shiro would back fire on grapes.

The thing is lynching grapes today either ends the game in a Town victory or confirms there IS another scumster alive, thus bringing Shiro back to the lynch pool. There is no doubt in my mind now that grapes will flip red. He is accusing RR of flailing when all I see is grapes is the one flailing hard trying to pin it on anyone he can.

TFL IS TOWN. He proved it with the farside shot. RR slot IS TOWN. They've been doing the effort and harder than anyone else I might add. (Mastina was invested earlier but has stopped thinking/reevaluating as of late, and Titus did what she could by got NK'd early).

I know I'm Town and don't need to prove it anymore. Mastina was mod-confirmed to Yume, and both Gems are confirmed to each other as well as having been confirmed to the other Gems too.

This leaves us with grapes and Shiro (not an OR though). Shiro was bubbled yesterday, so cannot be the "only" scumster alive. So it is either grapes, OR grapes AND Shiro.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11585 (isolation #605) » Sun Dec 18, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

inb4 someone asks how TFL's shot could fail. He's not allied with me and we're not in Season Finale. He could be either blocked or -worse- redirected. If the latter then all scum would need is to mislynch tomorrow. So one of myself/TFL dies tonight (to the scum kill) and one of Mastina/myself die to the redirected TFL shot, then the mislynch is on the living one of myself/TFL and it's Game Over.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11668 (isolation #606) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11597, Shiro wrote:Am I the only one here that wants ftl dead?
At this point, I think the answer is YES.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11670 (isolation #607) » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

NEWS ALERT:

My result now reads as GRAPES took no action.

Just conveying the info I received on my inbox though. It doesn't change much to me. My one and only acceptable lynch of the day is grapes, then if the game doesn't end Shiro comes into consideration.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11702 (isolation #608) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11672, grapes wrote:@A50/RR - When Xk claimed his role to you guys did he claim it as an event or just a regular action? And Almost when you relayed the info did you specify which it was?
Xk almost gave me his role PM word for word. He had everything explained in details, and I relayed it as-is.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11703 (isolation #609) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:28 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11673, grapes wrote:So why is your vote still on me?
Because my mind, my gut and my PoE all tell me you're most likely red. I can't see it any other way.

Also, I have a huge problem with your defense. You seem too scared to die, albeit it being a good thing at this point to eliminate all suspicions. Myself and Fuzzy and even RR have all expressed will to go at this point. I think a Townie who believes there's only one scumster left should be alright eating rope or getting NK'd today/tonight just to give the confirmed players a clearer view.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11704 (isolation #610) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Almost50 »

Let me try to sum up my views at this point. We have 3 confirmed Townies, so let's save us the effort and space on those.

TFL: is Town by virtue of his shot on farside while knowing I was going to check grapes. A stand-alone Scum!TFL doesn't want a clear on grapes for sure, and he certainly didn't need me (the one he was supposed to shoot) to Town read him, nor did he need RR (the one at the receiving end of Mastina/MoI attacks) on his side. As a scum of 2 alive they still didn't want a clear on grapes, unless grapes is his partner. Then again, that meant grapes had to forfeit the NK in order to get that clear, which still isn't a good move, but I'll consider it as if that was the only way of getting rid of farside.

So TFL can only be scum with grapes under certain assumptions. He can neither be scum with someone else nor can he be the lone scumster left.

P.S. No it could not have been someone else -other than grapes- that skipped their kill to put us in this situation. While skipping the NK does put grapes in the grey area it also puts TFL in a similar grey area to some. If a second kill had been submitted last night both TFL and grapes would have been confirmed today, and grapes could have been shot tonight instead of keeping TFL less than a 100% clear.

Now, Shiro: who cannot be the lonely scumster alive (or the game would have ended when we lynched S_S). He is either Town or a scumster of 2 alive. If we want to lynch Shiro we need to find the other one first.

RR: Drixx' analysis on SC doesn't come from a partner, but I'll only put this down as lead not evidence. A far stronger lead would be them knowing of Xk role details (and I know they did because I was the one filling them in). Still, the biggest point I can come up with now is the TWIE event which -allegedly- confirms grapes.

Now we all know how good the due of RR heads are (and @MAstina: I have played with Drixx alone, Cerb alone, Cerb in two other hydra's and both as RR), and we know if they are masterminding the scum team play then the TWIE event must've been discussed and well planned by them beforehand. Now either they expected TWIE to flip soon or they were hopeful he will go on far enough. Why the "Sky shot grapes"? If they didn't expect TWIE to flip it was to clear grapes (the one the are strongly pushing right now). If they expected TWIE to flip though it was to discredit the result, but why would you bus a partner only to put "uncertain shades" on someone, and especially so when that someone's role isn't even as dangerous to scum as others appear to be?

I think Scum!RR would have used that TWIE event more strategically than they did. I think Scum!RR would have avoided the trapping of Sky to begin with with their knowledge of Xk's role. I think Scum!RR would have found a way to manipulate my ability to their favour.

That leaves me and grapes, and I won't even try to make a case for myself. grapes I've said multiple times why he makes perfect sense as either the remaining lonely scum or one of two remaining in the game.

So, my vote remains on grapes and there's a chance the game ends with that particular lynch. If it still doesn't then we reassess the cases on both Shiro & RR (Shiro first to me). Avoiding a grapes doesn't solve anything and doesn't give us any more leads than we already have.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11775 (isolation #611) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11738, MagnaofIllusion wrote:No clue if that is a hammer or not ...

I'll be leaving detailed instructions to Random in the Gem PT so I'm comfortable that Town has this in hand even if I die overnight.

Would prefer to ally with Almost tonight ...
Considering Fuzzy doesn't have a shot tonight I don't see why not. I will submit you as my ally.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11776 (isolation #612) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11731, grapes wrote:Fuzzy. Hammer it.
In post 11741, grapes wrote:
In post 11734, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:
vote Grapes
Scumclaim.
:eek: :facepalm:

Btw, I -for one- am not "sure" of anything until the mod confirms it. However, if you're Town the game will go on. If you're scum but you have another p alive the game will continue. Only if you were the last scum will it end. So, no harm in making plans that do not materialize because the game is over, but it'd be dumb NOT to have alliances and such pre-planned bc we cannot communicate after the thread is locked.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11777 (isolation #613) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11747, grapes wrote:Fuzzy if you're scum you can't win. Decide whether earth or gems deserve it more.

Town kicked ass this game for a while gems all coasted.
Gems canNOT win w/o Earth. Remember?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11782 (isolation #614) » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11765, grapes wrote:Fuzzy, be a bro and kill random that'll give earth more time to wake up and realize it's not that easy.
Now this is an outright scum claim! You first said MoI was scummy for pushing you, then you want random dead. You already tried to mud sling at Mastina, and have casted doubt against each and every slot other than those 3 as well.

I'm now 80% sure you're counting on everyone submitting their actions early at night then forgetting all about it till the day break. No other explanation for this. This means that there IS another living scumster, and that -I think- would be Shiro.

There's no way Shiro can kill all of myself, MoI & RR, but even if he did (I have no idea how that could happen) he will then have discarded almost everyone he could have pushed on tomorrow. That would leave only Fuzzy to try and mislynch.

However, you're forgetting one thing: FUZZY DOES NOT HAVE A SHOT. Furthermore, HE IS NO ALLYING WITH ANYONE TONIGHT.

Which reminds me (if nobody has proposed a better composition):

MoI/A50
RR/Shiro
random/Mastina
Fuzzy >> no one.

MoI requested allying with me, so that's fine.
Shiro was bubbled by the Gems and cannot talk to Mastina (because allying with her provides no PT) so it's only logical that he allies with the only one available for him to actually have a OT with.
That only leaves random & Mastina to ally together, since Fuzzy said he doesn't want to ally and won't benefit from an alliance.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11829 (isolation #615) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11817, mastin2 wrote:If we don't lynch RR today, then I'm going to ally with grapes again.
As I've declared before; everybody gets a taste of their own cooking. I will be the first to tell you I will not be voting RR until grapes is gone. In fact, I'm not going to vote ANYONE until grapes is gone.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11831 (isolation #616) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11817, mastin2 wrote:I realize that's potentially holding the game hostage.
And that's exactly what's pissing me off right now. This is a team game, not a superstar event with minions serving them all around. You have but only one vote and you should never try to force your view on the rest of us. I have as much right as you do to have a say, and even be wrong about it. You trying to arrange our play according to your own amusement is unacceptable by any means. Sorry. No can do.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11832 (isolation #617) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mastina:

Btw, if scum knew about your alliance giving you that bonus; then certainly grapes should have been NK'd at night because they already knew a push on him won't bear fruits. That is IF GRAPES WAS TOWN.

If RR -in particular- were scum, they would have requested Fuzzy shoots grapes instead of farside, requested me to -say- investigate THEM to verify they didn't take action, and then came today with their push on farside with full thrust based on the night action results.

Picture this:

I get a result that RR didn't act. Fuzzy shoots grapes. Shiro was bubbled. You and the Gems are confirmed. It virtually leaves no room to argue about farside eating rope, with myself and Fuzzy being the "back-up suspects" when she flips Town.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11833 (isolation #618) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11821, mastin2 wrote:(Just for the lulz, went and checked: it was farside who suggested I ally with grapes. MoI gave his stamp of approval for that, too. Almost50, like me, probably forgot about my alliance power, though he's probably gonna feel mighty stupid when he realizes what just happened.)
Not really. I'm resigned to the fact my memory has developed more holes in it than moon cheese. *Shrug*

But yes, I did get notified of that power.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11837 (isolation #619) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11834, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Almost appears to be taking a contrarian "I'm keeping my vote useless" stance.
It's not useless if it's on scum, but it's even more or a principle.

HOWEVER, you want analysis? I'll give you analysis:

Let's ASSUME grapes is the NOT the last lonely scum here. Just play with me. We mislynch Fuzzy, and they do NOT shoot tonight. Tomorrow we are 5 vs 2 with 4 to lynch, except grapes keeps his alliance with Mastina, and it's not yet LyLo/MyLo so 6 votes to lynch him (i.e. he is unlynchable).

Now, let's say we do lynch his scum buddy (that would be Shiro in this precise hypothetical assumption) and we enter the night as 5 vs 1 and he shoots someone (say me) and keeps his alliance with Mastina still, and -again- he is unlynchable.

4 vs 1 and Mastina is still stubborn, so you lynch RR and .. surprise surprise .. with so many players who could have been conf!Town at this point (regardless of who dies it looks like there still would have been 3 out of the last 5) the scum are given a 1-shot double kill for compensation. Game over!

Now let's go back and ASSUME grapes is the LONELY SCUM ALIVE and redo the math. We mislynch Fuzzy, he shoots me (again, say) and he keeps his alliance with Mastina since it's be 5 vs 1 tomorrow so he is unlynchable (4 to lynch +2 additional = he must vote himself). Only Mastina wants RR lynched, so we do that and it's 4 vs 1 going into the night. NO KILL. He keeps his alliance with her and is still unlynchabe. Now you have 2 choices:

1- Keep on NOT lynching and he keeps NOT killing and the game ends in a draw.
2- Lynch Shiro (out of boredom) or Mastina (out of frustration) and grapes shoots the other one thus instantly winning the game for wiping out the Earth faction even if both you and random are still alive.

Note that I the second scenario I didn't even include the possibility of any additional compensation given to the scum for the sheer amount of confirmed Town aligned players (Earth or Gems) potentially making it to LyLo/MyLo.

The right move now is to lynch grapes and nobody else, and nobody allies with Mastina. If the game ends then we have won. If it doesn't then we know the last scum isn't protected by an unattainable lynch threshold.

I've considered alternative scenarios for today but I don't have the info to verify their validity, and some even I would consider to be an "ugly" course to take.

For example: I can follow you and lynch Fuzzy, and you bubble grapes tonight and then execute him regardless of there being an NK or not. I obviously don't know the requirements or conditions of your bubbling ability, plus if a kill does occur it would ideally be on me so Mastina would still use that to stick it on RR and get them lynched. She gets NK'd and it's the 2nd scenario above.

We can also go for NL today, but with no NK tonight we are back in the same situation tomorrow.

Or we can yield and lynch RR (I still assert I'm against yielding on principle though) and then I get NK'd, grapes is unlynchable, so you guys lynch the wrong one of Fuzzy/Shiro and the GAME IS OVER WITH THE NEXT NK ON MASTINA.

One last proposition is we No Lynch and you guys bubble MASTINA (this is the ugly proposition) thus preventing grapes from keeping the alliance with her, and we can lynch him tomorrow and the game goes as it would have today (except there is still a possibility one of us dies by night).

Now even in that ugly course I'm not on top of all info, so I don't know if you are BP, bc if you're not then grapes shooting you messes everything up again.

NOTE: DO NOT CLARIFY ANYTHING. What I don't know I do NOT need to know. Let's not give the remaining scum (whether it be one or two) additional info they should not have access to.

So, you see.. every scenario has it's ups and downs and is very much subject to hypothetical assumptions (they're hypothetical because we don't know for sure. We're just inspecting the possibilities and outcomes).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11838 (isolation #620) » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mastina:

When you said:
In post 11819, mastin2 wrote:My power doesn't work in lylo situations,
which includes mylo.
Is the bolded included in your PM or is it your own interpretation/understanding?? I ask because I noticed scum are keeping us on even numbers. We were 10 and now we're 8 and we will likely be 6 tomorrow, so I want to know for sure if MyLo IS explicitly mentioned in your role PM. Thank you.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11852 (isolation #621) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11844, mastin2 wrote:Because farside was fucking unlynchable.
She may have been confirmed to you but not to me.

You know what? You're still persistent on your thoughts .. your theories .. your understanding to be correct all the time.

I -on the other hand- will always be a stubborn asshole in response to that notion in particular.

If farside was stll alive today I would not have lynched anyone bu her, not even if I was told grapes was guilty AND she got mod-confirmed in public. The same now applies to RR. I'm not lynching that slot even if Varsoon himself confirms that slot to be scum.

You keep pushing your agenda, and the harder you do the harder my stance is on the opposite direction. We're not children, but you seem to want to play it that way. OK, forget I'm Almost 50.. I'm now almost 5 years old, a brat, and a mule head. I go before RR goes.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11853 (isolation #622) » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11849, MagnaofIllusion wrote:@Almost – regarding 11837 – I don’t care if it is on principle and a vote on scum – mastin has basically assured that grapes isn’t getting lynched. That means it is useless. Find another scum suspect to vote.
There is no other viable lynch. I just thought of something that makes it all fit now: grapes DID get shot by Sky. Only his role is that of a JUDAS. He gets shot and he converts alignment. Easy. That's when he joined the dark side. That's why TWIE made sure Sky's shot was mod-confirmed (if indeed that was the case).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11864 (isolation #623) » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11860, grapes wrote: VOTE: Almost50
I'm very much FOR this, btw. If you're not today's lynch then I should be. I have nothing more to offer and I doubt the game will reach the 3rd Season Finale, so I have no night action to benefit the Town.

Furthermore, I'm not an established analyst, and I sure am not a good case-constructor. In fact, making detailed cases with convincing logic and outspoken language has always been one of my weakest sides. I can scum-hunt, but I cannot easily get people to see what I see.

So, I would be happy to eat the rope today, and watch how the rest of the game goes from the dead thread.

@MoI:

PLEASE, do consider bubbling Mastina tonight. That's seems like the ONLY way left to lynch grapes tomorrow. He is very much in control now with her sheltering him, and it IS going to cost us the game. Don't say I didn't explicitly say this here and now as my last tip going out with my last breath.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11907 (isolation #624) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11878, grapes wrote:
@Almost50
In post 11860, grapes wrote:How on Earth do you suppose that I'm a scum-leftover-judas given that we've seen what the leftover wincon is and how one functioned already? Why were you skeptical of magna's flavor spec? Why do you think shiro is scum?
I didn't understand the question before, and I still don't now. What's the problem with Varsoon having the leftovers wincon in your PM and adding that if you get shot at that wincon is dissolved and you automatically join the scum faction?? It's a NEW wincom based on a mechanical occurrence that IS the definition of the role itself.

It's as if you're asking "How can a TOWN player be a JUDAS when SOME OTHER TOWN had flipped with a "Town wincon"?". and the fact is they just do (as per the wiki page of the role itself: A Judas is
originally a pro-town role
, but
when it should die
(either by lynch or other kill)
it stays alive and converts to the Mafia's side
instead.)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11908 (isolation #625) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Almost50 »

And, since we're at the WIKI PAGE: In the interest of balance,
the Judas may not be told who the rest of the Mafia are upon conversion.

So, all VC analysis are rendered obsolete bc there is a chance that grapes converted to the dark side, yet wasn't old who his partners were, so he remained uninformed.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11909 (isolation #626) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Mastina:

You are getting too carried away with your push on RR you are starting to sound quite unreasonable yourself.

For one thing: RR are specialized in setup spec and breaking?? Well, so are YOU.

For another: They are specialized in manipulating people into thinking they're Town in PTs??
1- Titus is skeptical by nature. She cannot be manipulated/pocketed that easily. Furthermore, it was her, me, random, Fuzzy, Shiro, Yume and farside they allied with, not just one or two players.
2- The ONLY reason you are Conf!Town is because Yume said so. Hypothetically, it could very well be that you manipulated her into fake-claiming the text on the wall (i.e. there was no text but she was convinced claiming so is for the best).

Third: You assert you don't want grapes (and didn't want far) lynched based on speculation of either being 3P, and you want to lynch scum. Well, I seem to remember YOU were the one who said to lynch all 3P at the start of THIS VERY GAME. Why you changed your stance is a mystery to me.

Now w/o Yume's vouch for you I would still suggest you are very likely Town based on the ability you've been given (the threshold thing) AND for outing and pushing TWIE when there has been absolutely no need to bus him like that.

However, I'm not about doubtcasting you. I'm about expressing how awful some (actually many) of your own arguments are against yourself.

It's not "just my pride" (and yes, it has to do with it, but ONLY regarding your hijack of the game). It is also about your push being weak and unconvincing to me. My analysis/reads are different, and there's no reason for me to sheep anyone else at this point. Like, if anyone wants to lynch you at this point I wouldn't vote you either. I'm fully convinced grapes is caught scum and is trying his best to escape the lynch by throwing everything he has on most everyone alive (Please reread his posts of the day, especially the 2nd half of the day).

Now let me remind you of this little fact:

We are 8 today, so it takes 5 to lynch and 7 to lynch grapes. Tomorrow we might be 6, and even if he is the last scumster alive he becomes UNLYNCHABLE because it takes 4 to lynch and 6 to lynch HIM. Since it won't be LyLo in this case you probably will be ok lynching someone else, and then we are 5 and it takes all 5 to lynch him (he doesn't kill on the next night to ensure this is the case). OR he kills you and WIFOM's his way out of it as "why would I kill the one person not only fully Town reading me, but also providing me with protection from being lynched?"

I don't like doing future assumption based on assumptions because it tends to get complicated and I'm bound to make a mistake somewhere, but let's just limit this to the next day, so: Lynch anyone but grapes and he becomes UNLNCHABLE tomorrow, and I ave no way to know exactly what he has planned next.

If there are TWO scumsters alive, same thing, except they don't kill today, thus 7 alive tomorrow with 4 to lynch and 6 to lynch HIM. His partner won't vote him. It's not LyLo and we lynch someone else and... you get the picture.

So, please be considerate and let us lynch the one most of us feel comfortable lynching. If the game doesn't end and with you not allying with anyone next we can lynch RR tomorrow (or whoever you feel like lynching by then).

You yourself have admitted that a grapes town flip clears Shiro for good. That's a step ahead if you're Town reading grapes. On the other hand, a scum flip would either end the game or bring Shiro back on the able, only this time we KNOW there's only one scumster left alive. No ifs and buts anymore.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11910 (isolation #627) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Almost50 »

[REDACTED]
Last edited by Varsoon on Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11911 (isolation #628) » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OOPS! :oops:

@varsoon:

Please delete the above post. It's in the wrong game thread.
:cry:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11937 (isolation #629) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11919, mastin2 wrote:Too damn bad. At the very least, read Drixx's iso.
Compare his posting in there to the posting you see in your private topics.
OK, I've just that, and it has absolutely no relevance to how he posted in the PTs with me (first myself alone them both myself and Fuzzy).

The way he posted in THAT neighbourhood he sounded confused and asked for input, then he wanted confirmation on every move he made. It's as if he wanted to avoid taking responsibility for his actions and trying to make it look like everyone made him do it.

In PTs with me he is assertive and does not ask for much input from what "he may have missed". He goes on and EXPLAINS his views, reads and stances. He didn't strike me as puzzled (or pretending to be), confused or wanting my approval for anything. Not even ONCE.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11938 (isolation #630) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11919, mastin2 wrote:In contrast!
Look at what they did in here,
Ok, did that too, and this IS how they've been posting in the PT. Giving reads and explaining them. Setting plans (not asking waht course to take) .. etc.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11940 (isolation #631) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:48 am

Post by Almost50 »

I -for one- can't shake off the "possibility" the scum kills are conditional, meaning that either something has to be true for them to be able to shoot, or something if true prevents them from taking a shot.

I will stress that this is a mere possibility though. A guess if you will. The game is complicated enough for me to either rule out the possibility or to take it for granted.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11955 (isolation #632) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'm actually ahead of "most" of you. I'm already IN 2017 :lol:

Happy New Year

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11958 (isolation #633) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Shiro:

That's why I said "most". I'm in the same time zone as you. GMT +2

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11963 (isolation #634) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I can tell you why you'll never be killed in THIS game before LyLo/MyLo though, but I'm guessing you're bright enough to deduce it all by yourself.

OK, another "bad logic" of mine: You've allied with S_S. Before that your powers were unknown to scum, I get that. But from then on they knew of that +2 lynch threshold.

The question is: Why have the RR duo not tried to propose an alliance with you at any given time? Riddle me this, and please do take into account they knew all along you're going to be pushing them because you didn't make it a secret that you -at least- suspected that slot more than any other.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11998 (isolation #635) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:42 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11964, mastin2 wrote:(Also, three: Yume more or less has known what my power was since D1. If Yume blabbered about it to RR--or even Skybird!--then scum would have known about it well before allying with Shadow_step. I told Yume my ally power was lynch related and many of the conditions for it.)
Are you arguing for or against my point? because this number 3 of yours only serves to illustrate my point more.|

In fact, are you telling me scum could have known about your ability from the word go, yet all those who allied with you were Town with the exception of S_S? In what world does that make any sense (for the scum not to try to make use of such a powerful tool they had the info about all along)?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #11999 (isolation #636) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11964, mastin2 wrote:
In post 11963, Almost50 wrote:I can tell you why you'll never be killed in THIS game before LyLo/MyLo though, but I'm guessing you're bright enough to deduce it all by yourself.
I've run the math there. Scum want me dead regardless of who they are, so I won't be. (My power doesn't work during mylo, so no matter what, I stop being of use alive.) YOU, on the other hand......
My point exactly. If you care to actually read rather than skim I said you won't be killed BEFORE LyLo.

Also, what about me .. "on the other hand"?

Honestly, the way the way played out I wouldn't want you dead EVEN in LyLo if I was scum. I'd be gambling the game on you making the wrong choices/pushes and handing me the game on a silver platter. the fact you've been trying to force your views on us makes me feel I have not been only playing against scum this game, but also against you and our overwhelming will to monopolize the game and lead in a dictatorship manner.

Forgive me for letting it all out, but it's no longer about who's scum. It's about me feeling that I have played in this game, not having just booked a spectator's seat from the sidelines of the playground.

Sure, I made some bad calls. It doesn't mean I don't have the right to have my own reads and judgements. I am a person, Mastina. A human being.. just like you are. And I'm telling you once again, I go before the RR slot goes, just because.

Now the way I see it is Mafia should be played in a more democratic fashion. The majority have decided it's best to lynch grapes today. This will keep the game locked as Town win EVEN if RR is the last scumster (as you keep promoting). I don't see your point of trying to go against the tide EVEN IF YOU WERE RIGHT. We lose nothing still if we lynch grapes today and RR tomorrow, unless you believe here might be TWO scumsters alive in which case you'd be conradicting yourself still because (by your own admission) this can't be the case unless grapes himself was that second Mafioso alive.

So, once more: One scum left = grapes first then RR leading to a Town win. TWO scums alive = grapes first then RR and we might win or we might be looking for that one last scumster if the game doesn't end by then.

Whereas, RR first is throwing the game away if there are two scums alive and they are not one.

I don't know how much more clearer I could have stated this.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12002 (isolation #637) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:33 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 11972, mastin2 wrote:
In post 1059, grapes wrote:mastin2/Yume/farside22/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Creature/SnarkySnowman/killthestory/randomidget/McMenno/
Skybird
/Almost50
Seraphim/CooLDoG/Firebringer/
DrippingGoofball

TheWayItEnds
/Xkfyu/
Foxbird
/Shiro/Klingoncelt
kraskaesque/Not Chara/Reasonably Rational/SirCakez
^As far as early readslists goes, this is a good one. SirCakez we allllllllll know about by now. I'm not even gonna bother showing you grapes's SirCakez posting. But in that second tier, you get TWIE and Foxbird. What would you call that tier? Null? Nullscum? Nulltown? It can't be town. And it's not at all unreasonable. At this stage, grapes's reads were what I'd call: pretty damn sharp.
Depends on how you want to look at it, cuz I'm seeing a semi-perfect distribution of scum partners on all categories.

Why semi-perfect? Because they're slightly tilted downwards (i.e. 3 scum at the bottom), but then .. SKYBIRD IS AT THE TOP AS SKYBIRD WAS THE ONE SET TO ENDGAME. (Glad that FINALLY got your attention).

And, by the by.. this is a clearly edited read list. SC is the LAST NAME listed on the scum line when he was the FIRST on the players list. DGB also is oddly placed on her own category. I'd say that was a last minute copy and paste after consulting with his scum team and getting advise to move Cakez down because he's going to be bussed and move DGB up because they now knew she was the traitor (which is why SC was no longer needed, so, please switch these two, grapes.. will ya?)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12004 (isolation #638) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:50 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12003, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:So anyways lets lynch the obvious lynchbait and get it over with
What lynchbait? If that was a reference to yourself then count me out. If I had a gladiator shot I'd be using it here and now on grapes .. EVEN THOUGH I KNOW HE HAS A +2 VOTES THRESHOLD.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12023 (isolation #639) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12009, grapes wrote:Being survivalistic is what got him lynched in borderlands; he's adapted his play to that here.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I didn't intend to even bother commenting, but this was BRILLIANT it got me laughing out loud!

So, the MARTYR .. whose aim was TO GET SHOT as his ONE AND ONLY win con.. was survivalistic?? Sure, dude. Now please order me some of the same stuff you've been drinking.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12028 (isolation #640) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:34 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12014, Reasonably Rational wrote:Obviously since Xk's infodump happened during this phase(please confirm A50), it's POSSIBLE that A50 didn't KNOW about the role and such at this stage in the day, but given how late in the phase it happened...that seems unlikely.
Not "positively sure" what you're asking me to confirm, but I think it's this:

I was allied with Xk on E2 (that's when I got the info). I was allied with you on E3 (that's when I relayed the info to you). Sky then died on Season Finale 1 Exposition (i.e. E4).

It thus follows that if either of us was scum the info was already relayed to the whole scum team. I'd have had the whole on Climax 2, Episode 3 (both Exposition and Climax) to do it, and you would still have had Climax 3 to do it, and given that Varsoon gives us until the very last limi9 of the deadline to change our choices it is thus IMPOSSIBLE that Sky allied with Xk "without knowing his abilities" IF either of us was scum.

So, if -hypothetically speaking- either of A50/RR is scum then Sky allied with Xk KNOWING all about his role and how it functioned, which needs to be explained in light of it not having been a compulsory choice.

However, it's because neither of A50/RR is scum that Sky walked into that trap that got her killed NOT KNOWING that such a trap existed to begin with.

This -to me- is CONCLUSIVE EVIDENCE that the RR slot is NOT SCUM. If Sky was the one "set to endgame" there's no way in hell where the "Masters of Deceit and Tactical Maneuvers" would have let her go there even if they thought it was only a 10% chance she'd get lynched.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12030 (isolation #641) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12014, Reasonably Rational wrote:considering that in 2, A50 already knows Xk is a gem who is planning on joining the crystal gems, and will thus be essentially unlynchable...why wouldn't the scum simply shoot him rather than whoever they shot that day(I need to look at who died that night to see if an Xk kill could have made any sense).
On Climax 2, KC was killed.

On Exposition 3, Yume was killed.

On Climax 3, both NC & FB were killed.

I believe Xk joined the Gems on E4 (if memory serves right, but the Gems can confirm or correct me).

However, even assuming he had joined them starting Climax 3, then it still was a big mistake to take out Yume earlier on Exposition 3. In fact, DOUBLY as much faulty. It raised the stress enough for Xk to actually join the Gems AND allowed him to use his ability to kill.. then Sky goes in willingly to ally with him knowing all this??!!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12033 (isolation #642) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12025, grapes wrote:See here's where we differ. Twinwings, while not in anywhere near as good a position as skybird was, is still a number for scum. It's definitely worth trying to save any member of the scumteam that they can.
It could have been done with a simple "I forgot to submit an alliance" by Twin. Given that they were already very much inactive at the time it would have been accepted, and although it would not have improved their position it certainly would not have ade it worse for them either, but it would have saved Sky the trouble (which, btw did not improve Twin's situation either).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12035 (isolation #643) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12025, grapes wrote:In the event that stress reaches +2 their options are - let twinwings slot eat a bubble. Or let skybird sweet talk her way out of it.
Regardless of whose role was more powerful (and I know you all love to ogle at BIG role pms, losing a scum is losing a scum mate) Either of them dying makes the game harder.

1- Tell that to SC
2- Xk's bubble ONLY worked on someone allied to them. None of the scum, and especially Skybird of all "had" to ally with him if they knew anything about it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12038 (isolation #644) » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12034, grapes wrote:We've established that sky and xk didn't ally completely of their own accord. Keep up now.
If I'm submitting my own picks then I'm doing it WILLINGLY. On that night it was proposed that I ally with MoI and YOU (remember?). Something went wrong (a mere misunderstanding) and I ended up allying with MoI alone.

But hold on.. I've got something interesting I picked up while reviewing my PT with MoI for the umpteenth time (this one to try and remember whom it was we were supposed to have for a 3rd).

What hit me was a post by me where I stated I wanted to lynch S_S, and my reasoning included them allying with flipped scum on E1, grapes on E2, and no one on E3. So I went back and reread both Sky's and S_S roles and it's evident S_S did not benefit from an alliance nor did they actively give anyone else benefits. HOWEVER, Sky was immune to all action while in an alliance, so that's why they allied with their own p on E1 (not knowing how they'd perform and thus how likely it would be for them to be investigated on Climax 1).

Now the ball is once again on Mastina's court, I'm afraid. Check the benefits allying with grapes gives you/him (and I'm talking about HIS effects not yours) and see if he would benefit S_S in anyway and/or would benefit FROM S_S (actually from allying with just about anyone)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12047 (isolation #645) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12039, MagnaofIllusion wrote:If someone wants to compile an alliance list for Almost (N0/D1, N1/D2, etc)
Well, I don't want to refute you argument, that's for sure, but I wanted to give you and everyone else a helping hand.

And yes, I believe the wordings of my ability could be misleading, but I thing the "cannot fail" part applies to Season Finales (in which I've allied with MoI alone once and RR/Fuzzy the second time).

I've allied with Cakez, Xk, RR, MoI, respectively in the first Season.

Then I allied with grapes, Shiro, RR+Fuzzy respectively in the 2nd Season (there was a night when all alliances failed so that explains why thee are only 3 alliances listed).

And now let me ask you all this: Do you think it was a coincidence that grapes wanted to ally with me (and MoI) on Season Finale 1, and he is now allied with Mastina on Season Finale 2, given our abilities and the time the scum team learned about them? (Obviously mine was revealed to them on E1, while Mastina's may have not been until Shadow allied with her). Food for thought.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12048 (isolation #646) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12046, TheFuzzylogic99 wrote:Kill me Please.................
*Takes a water gun and sprays on Fuzzy multiple times*

Happy? :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12057 (isolation #647) » Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Two more things (that are NOT conclusive, but are worth noting IMHO):

1- grapes has grown passionate with the use of the term "threat to Earth" rather than scum or rubies or whatever other applicable terms. This new found fondness of repeatedly using this specific term is telling me he wants to assert indirectly he knows what the wordings of the Town win con is. Unfortunately, we've already had many Town flips and even if not the scum themselves would know they are "Threats to Earth" as proven by their flipped roles too. It's a psychological trick, but I think he got himself trapped into it instead.

2- grapes keeps insinuating alliances analysis means nothing and that he was practically forced or had no choice everytime he joined one. This -to me- is an attempt to deny responsibility for his own actions. Now even if someone was willing to buy that "I had no choice and I didn't think it through" stuff it only means grapes didn't care who he allied with and what benefits his alliance granted his allies. That's reckless play at best and -indeed- scummy play on any given day. The problem is I give grapes much more credit than this. I neither think he's reckless nor dumb, thus I'm not buying one bit of it being the case.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12147 (isolation #648) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:12 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12075, mastin2 wrote:
In post 12028, Almost50 wrote:If Sky was the one "set to endgame" there's no way in hell where the "Masters of Deceit and Tactical Maneuvers" would have let her go there even if they thought it was only a 10% chance she'd get lynched.
You say this, and I fail to understand why. Skybird, when allied with Xkfyu, would be completely immune to all actions.

ALL ACTIONS. (Not just night actions. ALL. actions. Including kills.)
Now.

When the information was relayed...did you have any reason to believe Xkfyu's kill could trump a bulletproof? (Which is what that was: effectively a super fucking bulletproof.)

Because if Skybird thought SHE WAS A FUCKING BULLETPROOF, and that Xkfyu's kill power COULD NOT KILL HER...then why the fuck wouldn't Skybird be sent in place of Shadow_step? Her being sent would save her scumbuddy. The event used to kill her would fail. More than that it was a bulletproof ascetic of sorts. She couldn't die. She couldn't be targeted. Or so she thought. So how the fuck doesn't that fit with a scum mastermind? It's right in their alley!

Now, they can make a miscalculation! Assume that Skybird's immunity trumps Xkfyu's kill, and be shocked (and horrified) when it turns out, whoops! Nope it didn't. But tell me. Did you, or did you not, know that Xkfyu's kill could bypass kill immunity?
If you did not, any argument for RR not being scum instantly goes out the window.
The following is the relevant part of Xk's "detailed confession" to me:

Event action: +2 Stress minimum. Exposition phase only. I may end my alliance with all players I'm allied with, and they will be publicly removed from the game for an entire episode (something like this appears to have happened to FB). Upon doing so, I can privately decide to kill one of the removed players. This is essentially a DayVig that I can only use against someone who I'm aligned with, and only at +2 Stress or higher.

You judge for yourself if that should bypass BP.

As for me, YES.. I believed ANYONE who was allied with Xk COULD end up bubbled AND could be executed.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12149 (isolation #649) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:20 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12076, mastin2 wrote:Tell me, Almost50. What EXACTLY did you tell RR?
here's what I told RR about it, word-for-word, letter-for-letter:

He has TWO events, both requiring a minimum or +2 stress. The exposition event: he may end allinces with all of his allies, and they will all be removed from the game for an entire episode. He suspected that to have happened to FB before FB reappeared in the game. Xk can also decide to kill one of the removed players at his discretion, and privately. So; that is a DayVig that only works on his allies and only at +2 stress or higher.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12150 (isolation #650) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12101, MagnaofIllusion wrote:I’ve bolded the above portion to highlight that as of Day 5 to show that prior to today’s early “There are no Leftovers” flailing by grapes he was posting from a standpoint that he believed there was more than one.
Which reminds me: Xk DID believe there to be other leftovers in the game. In fact, here's a quote from what he said:

I am Peridot, a member of the Leftovers, which is a Third Party "faction." I put that in quotes because
my role PM is clearly worded in such a way that I'm sure there are others
, but I wasn't told who they were (though, I do believe that FB is one, based on his posts).

I've even bolded the part where he said the wording of his PM made him SURE there were other leftovers.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12151 (isolation #651) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:28 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Fuzzy:

Stop being silly. The Gems are TOWN ALIGNED. If it makes a difference to you, then Xk also told me they were Town even before he joined them. He knew they were Town and suspected there was another Town faction (i.e. he didn't know about the EARTH faction).

When in doubt.. trust a flipped Townie .. erm.. more to it .. trust the INFO of a flipped Townie. I -of course- have more reason to beliee they're Town aside from relying on Xk's revelations, but I thought this might help you.

Also, Mastina is Town. I would have voted her already for her extremely scummy behaviour except for the messages she has been sending me night after night which are mod-confirmed info, so we DO have THREE conf Town alive. Live with it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12152 (isolation #652) » Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12134, Varsoon wrote:
In post 12121, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Varsoon: when Skybird was removed from the game by a trap for clods, was she still considered in an alliance? In addition, did her protection also protect her from events?
Players removed from the game are not considered to be a part of any alliance.
Skybird's protection only specifies 'abilities'--Events, notably, bypass this protection.
And there goes Mastina's "ALL ABILITIES" thing. As an astute mod I would have expected her to tell thye difference even if I myself didn't notice it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12205 (isolation #653) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:50 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, Shiro cannot be lonely scum, and grapes can't be lonely scum either. I'm contemplating on Lynching RR just to prove Mastina wrong, but my fear is Shiro+grapes and random either NK'd or failing to keep grapes bubbled resulting is an instant scum win.

It's probably your call, random. Whom do we lynch today? I'm willing to listen to SHORT arguments from both Mastina & RR, but I'm much more likely to follow random as he has grapes fate in his hands now, and I would very much encourage him to "finish off the scumster".

I'm in no hurry though, so let's think things over before we cast votes, shall we?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12209 (isolation #654) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK..

VOTE: RR

P.S. If you guys are scum, I salute you. You did play a GREAT game.

Also

@Mastina:

With or without the drawings? I mean.. I want you to tell me exactly what to post so as NOT to get banned for it. Praphrasing the text only?

If so: The first drawing (drawing #2) had no text to directly explain it, but I think it meant Mastina is ascetic (?) and cannot kill. (The text said it proved Mastina can send messages during Climax and that these messages are mod-confirmed to be true as long as they contain neither "speculation" nor alignment info.

Message #2 (drawing#3): is a list of whom Mastina allied with during the game up until Episode 7.

Message #3 (drawing #4): Mastina was telling me it takes 2 more votes to lynch her ally and that her allies on Season Finale cannot be lynched. (Disabled in LyLo, but no mention of MyLo here)

Hmm.. looks like some messages got deleted, so I'd appreciate a reminder of the missing one, but here's last night's message:

Yume (Steven Universe) DID get confirmation o Mastina's alignment in their PT (which does not count as an alliance).

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12219 (isolation #655) » Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:48 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@RR:

I realize how you must feel about me voting you. However, if grapes is bubbled then I'm willing to defuse the situation with Mastina in order to give Town a better shot at winning. And now Mastina has proposed an even better plan that -if applicable- can guarantee the Town winning the game.

I mean, look at it this way: grapes in NOT a valid lynch as it is. Flipping you and the game not ending confirms Shiro as scum to me. That was my initial thought.

Now, with Mastina's plan grapes will be forced to actually step out of the game along with Shiro, thus we win already w/o even lynching you. If he refuses to go with the plan then HE eats rope and not you, and the Town wins.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12226 (isolation #656) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:59 pm

Post by Almost50 »

.. between random's secret plan and Mastina's declared plan I have nothing to say or do but wait!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12230 (isolation #657) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK.. I've come to realize something and I'm not sure if it's spot on, so I'd need Mastina's view on this:

It's a grapes + RR scum team, and it was all a PERFECT scum theater yesterday.

The killing of Moi raised the stress to +4, which was probably what scum had counted on when they triggered their event that lowered the lynch threshold. (aside form the fact they probably expected someone else to be bubbled, and thus we would have been in LyLo anyway, but tactically they considered the case of one of them getting bubbled so the +1 lynch threshold would apply.)

RR now wanting grapes released before they get lynched is to guarantee the game doesn't end, and they are relying heavily on Mastina's blind belief that grapes is Town, AND using the fact Mastina said she would lynch grapes/Shiro if grapes refused to step out of the game along with Shiro to clear themselves.

You see, a Scum team of RR-grapes is now poised to actually WIN the game with either flip, but grapes will most likely refuse to trigger the event, and thus will be lunched. grapes flipping red will automatically get Shiro lynched the next day, and Mastina is the designated NK tonight, while either myself or random getting NK'd on teh following night guarantees RR ends game and is 1 on 1 with the other of Almost/random, i.e. winning the game.

I suggest we either lynch RR now and WITHOUT the release of grapes, or (and this is a better option) release grapes, ask him to do his thing, and when he does refuse we lynch him, but then we lynch RR tomorrow and not Shiro.

The No NK on Season Finale was simply to keep us on an even number not an odd number, which is statistically better for scum almost always.

I -of course- have not gone back a million posts ago and dug up to find links and evidence of what I'm saying, and I frankly am neither willing nor am I even capable of doing that, so I'll leave it to the one who does it best: Mastina.

@Mastina:

Just humour me, will you. Just try to entertain the idea of a grapes-RR scum duo and see if it has any potential to be the case, and then work from there. It maybe that both myself and yourself have been both right and wrong. I see the possibility now and it's precisely because of that +1 lynch threshold with the flip of MoI, whick leads me to believe a true brilliant tactician was behind both the NK and the Scum Event trigger at this precise time, coupled with my belief grapes IS scum.

Now grapes did NOT act on Season Finale because RR was allied with me, and knew I was going to follow grapes. What does elude me though is why they didn't kill themselves, thus "falsely" confirming grapes to everyone, but -like I said- I find the answer to that question in that hey wanted to keep us on an even number.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12233 (isolation #658) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Almost50 »

@random:

You better get your head out of that dark hole before it's too late. You should be one of those who CAN read me to a good extent, given this is not our first, second or even third game together, and given that you even have seen Scum!Me before.

Now what makes you think I'm opportunistic? My suggestion that we lynch RR before EITHER yours or Mastina's plan were proposed? Would you have preferred a push on the BUBBLED player? Or should I have pushed the player who CANNOT be lone Scum? The other two options would have been YOU, or CONF!Town Mastina. Now tell me, which of the four would YOU have voted??

Or is it because I agreed that -if applicable- that you should release grapes and let him leave the game along with Shiro using his ability?? I mean, just because I was opposed to Mastina's views yesterday doesn't mean I should pull a "NO to whatever you say". It sounded like a good plan (and it still does, except for you saying it can't be done).

I would very much appreciate you explaining what you perceive to be scummy behaviour from me.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12237 (isolation #659) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:47 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12234, mastin2 wrote:In this case, I'm pretty sure no matter what plan of the currently...three or four proposed plans, that there's a risk involved regardless, unless I can figure out how to sift through them and make them not have those flaws.
I do have a plan that works fine with me, but maybe not for you and certainly not for random.

If we lynch RR & random finishes off grapes we either win outright or we enter the night with a 3 v 1 setup and Shiro is confirmed Scum (again; this is from where I stand. I know my own alignment, and I know you're Town and random is a gem, so there's absolutely no flaw in this plan from my PoV).

Now here's the problem (or problems):

1- This plan guarantees a TOWN win, but if random is NK'd the Gems also lose along with Scum.
2- Although I know my own alignment, neither you nor random do for certain. I'm willing to bet you may take it on faith and put your money on me being Town still, but it looks like random is too skeptical still that he might not go down that road, and we do need his support because we can't lynch RR w/o his vote and he is the one who is supposed to eliminate grapes.
3- If Shiro is Town he may have some reservations, but if he is Scum he certainly won't go along with the proposed plan.

In other words, my plan is PERFECT, but also cannot be applied!!!

Now the alternative would be to lynch Shiro and finish off grapes, leaving RR for the 'morro. If RR are Town they'd go along with this and we will win tonight. If they're Scum they'd be opposed to it and -once again- there's not much we can do here.

The third option is we No Lynch and we execute grapes. The obvious flaw here is -although unlikely- if it's a Shiro+RR duo, in which case we lose instantly.

I have now come to drop all reads and rely solely on mechanics with all probabilities equal, meaning there are only 3 clears from my PoV (You as confirmed by Yume and reconfirmed via the message Varsoon relayed to me, random as confirmed Gem and alignment by MoI and previously other Gems, and myself because I have the PM telling me I'm Cool Kid Buck Dewey aligned with Earth). So, I'm considering 3 single scum options and 3 "tag team" possibilities, mounting up to 6 possibilities in all, and examining the best way to guarantee they can't achieve majority.

All I can tell you now is whatever route we decide to walk; a grapes execution is key to the Town win, unless you want to take it all on faith.. blind faith that is.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12238 (isolation #660) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:19 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12235, Reasonably Rational wrote:(A50 has basically scum claimed with his posts today; I would have bet you nearly anything yesterday that we wouldn't ever want to lynch him but ... holy shit dat scumplay)
Mate, IF your slot is Town, please do consult with Cerb before you post anything about my play. Trust me, you do NOT know my Scum play. ;)

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12239 (isolation #661) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12235, Reasonably Rational wrote:or you convinced Yume to lie
This CANNOT be the case. It has been <OD CONFIRMED TO ME that Yume DID GET A CONFIRMATION on Mastina's alignment. Yume would NOT have lied about SCUM telling us they were TOWN!!

My previous suspicion would have been that Yume "assumed" Mastina was Town but had no mod confirmation of it, but that was clearly a bad assumption because Yume DID GET MOD CONFIRMATION f Mastina's alignment and I got MOD CONFIRMATION that she did.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12240 (isolation #662) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:31 am

Post by Almost50 »

To reiterate, I have been receiving night messages from Mastina. hose messages are MOD CONFIRMED to be true. One of the messages to me Yume got mod confirmation of Mastina's alignment, and Varsoon guarantees the content of those messages to be true as long as they don't have direct alignment info. Now "Yume knows Mastina's alignment" isn't in itself considered alignment info, is it? The fact Yume told us what she knew to be true has nothing to do with the content of the message I received. So, "Yume knew Mastina's alignment" is the mod confirmed part to me, not that "Mastina is Town". However, with the first part confirmed the 2nd becomed confirmed because there's no way Yume would have covered for Scum whom she knew was Scum, or she would be playing against her win con outright. It's either Mastina is Town or VARSOON told Yume an outright lie. You take your pick.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12249 (isolation #663) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'm starting to really get irritated by the stagnant status of this game.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12253 (isolation #664) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Almost50 »

@random:

Please do. ANY plan you come up with is better than what we're doing (or rather NOT doing) right now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12272 (isolation #665) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12259, Reasonably Rational wrote:You do realize, Mastin, that scum!grapes will never refuse to use that event? It almost certainly exists, because claiming an event he could never use always results in his lynch eventually...but..a lynch on grapes for "refusing" to use the event today won't happen. Think about it and you'll see why.

-Cerb
If that's the case then the game will end today no matter what, which is GREAT. Regardless of who IS Scum in the trio of your slot, grapes and/or Shiro slots (and I'm excluding myself because I'm talking from my end here); two of them will be taken out of the game and one will be lynched, meaning the only 3 players still in the game are myself, Mastina and random = Town!Win.

Now I said "regardless of who is scum" to try and show you that grapes actually accepting to do what he is asked to do will work against his own win con (if he is scum) so he MUST refuse to do it whether he is a lone Scumster or does have a partner.

As scum, grapes may even try a gambit of "pretending to accept" the proposition to get released, but then he will never actually do it.

So, here's what I think:

1st possible scenario: grapes finds a way to claim his event cannot work (and I do have something to say about this, but I will hold it in case grapes does have a partner and want to use it as a gambit).

2nd possible scenario: grapes agrees to the plan, gets released and THEN refuses to go along with it.

3rd possible scenario: grapes accepts and DOES go along with the plan, in which case he is TOWN and I'm a poor scum hunter, and the game ends with your lynch. (Oh, and -also- in this case I'm expecting you to try and wiggle your way out of it somehow. Note that this is a hypothetical case in which you become confirmed Scum to me with both grapes and Shiro out and the game not ending still).

Now, here's my concern (regarding the time limit): we keep stalling until it is close to deadline and grapes gets released with the promise he will trigger his event but then he goes AFK for the few remaining hours of the Day, so we no lynch AND we have grapes on the loose tonight.

We only have less than 121 more hours in the Day, and if we are goin by this rate it won't be before the final 72 hours, or even the final 48 hours before grapes gets released, and it won't take him much to stall for that long and ESPECIALLY so when we would be SIX players in the game, meaning we need FIVE votes to lynch him (with the stress at +4), and it won't happen if he does have a scum partner alive.

Do you now see why trying to rush things a bit IS beneficial to Town as well?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12273 (isolation #666) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:13 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12265, mastin2 wrote:We now have information we didn't have before: grapes is confirmed scum, there were two scum alive, and grapes joined the scumteam some time probably circa D3 or D4...meaning we have ALL of grapes's later interactions to better find the scum, and more importantly, others' interactions with grapes.
Again, this needs TIME, and we won't have time if we keep stalling like we are doing right now. Get your answer(s) from Varsoon. Get grapes' approval to trigger his event. Get the game going and give us some time to analyze said interactions if this happens.

We haven't done much in NINE REAL DAYS, and we are STILL NO SURE what will happen next and then how to react with FIVE REAL DAYS remaining. I do very much have a problem with that.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12274 (isolation #667) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12267, Randomnamechange wrote:OK i believe i have a guaranteed win scenario.
lynch shiro.
if grapes/shiro we win
unbubble grapes
bubble a50/RR
game ends if i am right
lynch a50/RR if im wrong (the other is perma bubbled after my death)
gonna double check that works. only thing i need to check is the unbubbling grapes part
This stops it being down to anyone who is in the suspect pool, and also means that every possibility is accounted for..
What if it IS RR+grapes you bonehead?? (Sorry! This one is in good faith, not meant to be an insult). :P

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12275 (isolation #668) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:19 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12268, Randomnamechange wrote:but the other Crystal Gems, especially MoI and
Skybird
deserve the win.
WHO?? :facepalm:

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12276 (isolation #669) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:24 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12269, Reasonably Rational wrote:Your plan looks solid. Since any 2-man scum team MUST contain either Grapes or Shiro, you have the order correct. If lynching Shiro doesn't end the game, it clears grapes so releasing him adds one to the conftown which precludes any scum win, unless they can do extra kills.
Tell me again, how lynching Shiro with the game not ending eliminates the possible scum team of your slot with grapes!

In fact, how does it even clear ME from being scum with grapes??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12277 (isolation #670) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:44 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12270, Reasonably Rational wrote:I'm sorry but actually there is a flaw in the plan. A town!Shiro does NOT clear Grapes fully. It means that if there are two scum it would be Grapes plus one of [Us, A50]. A scum!Shiro flip clears Grapes and if the game continues obviously clears Grapes.
Now that's more like it! So, it's a bad plan because it relies on Shiro flipping Scum (in which case we win), but if he is Town then we have FOUR possibilities:

RR alone.
Almost50 alone.
RR+grapes.
Almost50+grapes.

Which means THREE players are not confirmed while we go into the night, so random will have absolutely no way of deciding whom to bubble because he doesn't even know if we have one or two scumsters alive.

Like, if he bubbles me and it turns out to be you+grapes you win w/o even killing anyone.

If he bubbles you and it's me and grapes .. same thing.

If he bubble grapes again (why release him in the first place if that's an option) he is leaving the scumster in you/me loose, and whomever it is between us two will only shoot in conf!Town and try to wiggle their way out of tomorrow's lynch.

With such uncertainty I don't see how this could be even remotely a solid plan or be considered an option to start with.

Now grapes released with the intention of getting him to use his event EVEN if he does use it on random/Mastina is looking like a bad move too, bc it would lead to only 3 players going into the night (unless you ARE scum in which case we win). If you're TOWN then the living scum in me/Shiro will just shoot the other and win the game.

So, if grapes is released and does that stunt we NO LYNCH. He is confirmed as Scum, but we can guarantee the game doesn't end at night (except if they DO have an extra kill as you proposed).

Now if grapes can returns to the game WITH whomever he "bubbles" it'd be LyLo still, and -even worse- it could be an instant Scum Win if the stress is still at Tragic Destiny (because we can't lynch scum in LyLo @ Tragic Destiny).

If he has the ability to finish them off while bubbled (an ability similar to that of Xk) then it's game over because that's exactly what he will do, so we will not even see the day.

So, thank you for pointing that out, and I will vote NO to releasing grapes to begin with.

I repeat: DO NOT RELEASE GRAPES. In fact, just kill him and let him flip ASAP. If he flips TOWN it clears Shiro. If he flips SCUM it guarantees the game doesn't end tonight.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12279 (isolation #671) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:39 pm

Post by Almost50 »

OK, let's go over your proposition one more time:

ASSUMING grapes is SCUM (which I am convinced is the case) and he goes rogue and kidnaps Mastina (say). We are left with you, me, Shiro and random in the game for the rest of the day (and all through the night). random is still the ONLY confirmed Town between the four of us.

Now let's say you're Town and we lynch you. Now HOW THE HELL IS random going to know which of myself and Shiro to bubble to ensure the win? If he bubbles the WRONG player it's GAME OVER, because we would have entered the night with 2 Town & 1 Scum and the Scumster is FREE to shoot random himself and end the friggin' game already.

Now say we NO LYNCH to avoid that. It does NOT work. Why? Because while we are entering the night as THREE Town and one Scum it is still a hell of a guess for random to make the right bubble. If he misses, the loose Scumster can shoot either random (a guaranteed to shot) or gamble on a shot on the other Townie that wasn't bubbled (only he they will also have to guess which one that is) and if they do they win instantly.

Now let's assume the remaining Scumster does NOT shoot at night (or shoots at the bubbled player which results in a NO KILL). However, grapes is Scum and has an ability similar to that of Xk, meaning he could kill Mastina and return to game alone. GAME OVER (because grapes returning to game makes it 2 vs 2 before the Townie random bubbled is back in game).

If YOU can't see those wholes in that pan and are advocating for MY lynch the I can't help but reverse my read on you as well, because THERE IS NO WAY IN HELL you're BOTH going to miss that. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12280 (isolation #672) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In fact:

@random:

KILL grapes NOW. I WILL EAT ROPE WILLINGLY if you do that. I'd DEAD SERIOUS.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12281 (isolation #673) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:49 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I'll even better my offer right now:

VOTE: Almost50

Just kill grapes and then come vote me, random.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12282 (isolation #674) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Post by Almost50 »

Now, THINK about it random. Even if I try to backtrack and remove my own vote off myself after you kill grapes, it'd be obvious for all 4 of you who IS scum and you could still lynch me w/o my own vote. I'm your GUARANTEED lynch of the day if only you finished grapes off NOW.

However, I URGE you to lynch RR tomorrow with no hesitation. Their proposition of grapes "possibly" going rogue is actually them TELLING grapes what to do. grapes is BUBBLED and thus CANNOT talk to RR in the Scum PT (I suspect he doesn't even have access to it while being bubbled). RR are worried grapes might be released while they're not online and thus might not know what to do or how to get out of the situation, so they're giving him the instructions under our noses.. right here in the game thread!!

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12284 (isolation #675) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Shiro:

If you were still not fully convinced random was conf!Town, here's your proof:

IF random is scum with grapes = he would NOT have bubbled him in the first place. Not even at the price of confirming this was LyLo/MyLo because lynching grapes and random killing me/you at night leads to RR lynch tomorrow (courtesy of Mastina being still alive) and then random can shoot the other and win it for Scum. EVEN if it was done as a highly sophisticated distancing move, he would have released him by now and grapes would fully agree to take you out of the game and we lynch RR and I die at night and it's a Scum win.

IF random is scum with RR, then he would have finished off grapes already. RR gets lynched, one of us (you or me) dies at night and Mastina will still lynch the other = Scum Win.

If random is Scum with you .. with grapes gone and RR lynched you win instantly.

If random is Scum with me .. same as with you.

If random is lonely Scum he still would have executed gapes already by now, and we still lynch RR and he kills either of us and then he & Mastina will lynch the other.

So, there is NOT A SINGLE SCENARIO of SCUM!random that makes ANY sense with his play today (I'm specifying today bc you obviously had some reservations on his play on former days, and I don't want to argue much about it).

So, random IS CONFIRMED TOWN, and Mastina IS CONFIRMED TOWN. That leaves you, me, RR & grapes.

If grapes is gone and I'm lynched it would be either you or RR (you decide on that one ;) ) but you should NOT be voting random or Mastina come tomorrow.

P.S. I'm addressing you in specific bc IF you're Town then you'd be the only one I'm worried about making the wrong decision. I have no doubt Mastina's going to get it right, and random (after seeing both mine and grapes' flips) will too. I mean, I hope for your sake grapes flips green (can't see it though, but I'll keep the dream alive). If he is, and with me also flipping green it would mean YOU are confirmed as well (the game not ending means there's only one scumster alive and that can't be you because you were bubbled earlier).

If grapes flips red though, and with myself flipping green it'd be between you and RR and you do need to support the RR lynch either way, but if you do have a green PM I can see you stuttering and going back and forth between RR & random, so please do trust me after you see my flip. OK?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12286 (isolation #676) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:42 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12283, Reasonably Rational wrote:Grapes leaving with a conftown has an obvious counter A50. It's only a loss condition if scum can get an extra kill in.
What "extra" kill?? He's out with "someone". You eat rope, If you're Town only THREE players enter the night phase, one of which IS scum. He needs only ONE kill to get the job done. That's it.

You are already trying to wiggle your way out of the lynch by redirecting it to Shiro after grapes triggers his event and kidnaps conf!Town, but I will still give you the benefit of doubt and "assume" you "might" be Town. I'll even give you a card to play with and let you assume that
I
am scum.

Now, let's do this again: grapes takes Mastina out of the game. You or Shiro get lynched. We go into the night with myself and the one who didn't get lynched along with random, and random is supposed to bubble the one who didn't get lynched in you/Shiro. I win because I will shoot random, OR "we" win (myself and grapes) at the start of the day if he can kill Mastina (AND WE HAVE SEEN A SIMILAR ABILITY ALREADY IN HIS GAME AND BY A LEFTOVER AS WELL) and returns to the game alone. At the start of the day it will be myself and grapes vs random and either you or Shiro AT BEST. Now it could be that I would win the game as Scum already once random bubbles his target in you/Shiro bc -technically according to what you all have been saying- it would be me vs random at tha point and even before my presumed kill resolves.

The solution would be for random to bubble ME instead, but that leaves the door wide open to the EXACT SAME SCENARIO, only with my name and yours/Shiro's switched.

There is NO WAY that "all suspects" will be removed from the game if grape is Scum. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12289 (isolation #677) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Cerb:

That's bc it was CLOSED. You can look at any CLOSED thread, bc -obviously- there can't be anything NEW added to it, whereas you could still add content to your PT with grapes which means he could be "tutored" to what he could/should say while being bubbled, which means nothing any bubbled player could have any credibility until they are flipped.

P-edit:

And I'm proposing an even better scenario that ensures both myself and grapes are removed from the game permanently right now, so there should be no doubt about mine of his alignment anymore.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12293 (isolation #678) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@Cerb:

I do know you and I would have sheeped you blindly if I was 100% sure you're Town at this point.

The fact the game didn't end as of yet means we either have a scum team of Shiro + grapes (thus the game not ending when either of them was bubbled), or either or them with you (self explanatory) OR JUST YOU (again, self explanatory).

Also, I'm -once again- speaking from where I stand bc I know only I have access to my own PM at this time, so pardon me for dismissing any case of me being scum, bu you are welcome to do the math on that if you like.

I won't risk a situation where there are 2 scum alive come the night phase, so I'm offering my own in exchange of another of them suspects (and one whom I strongly believe to be scum). This leaves you and Shiro, and ONLY you and Shiro, and it has just ONE flaw: The case of you being Scum WITH Shiro.

Now that I very much doubt to be the case. Maybe I'm blind but I just can't see it, so I'm playing it extra safe and it will be up to you to lynch Shiro next if you are Town.

P-edit:

Then the alternative is to keep grapes bubbled and lynch ME. How does that sound then?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12296 (isolation #679) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12295, Reasonably Rational wrote:You missed one thing. Nobody currently "in game" can be scum with anyone else currently "in game" otherwise we would be guaranteed to be in MYLO and the universal loved modifier of tragic destiny would not be in effect.
Hmm.. so.. if the universal loved modifier won't work in MyLo then we can tell grapes' alignment the minute he gets released (if the modifier is still on then grapes is Town AND there's only one scumster left alive. I it's gone the grapes is confirmed Scum rgardless of his next move). Am I correct in this??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12297 (isolation #680) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:25 pm

Post by Almost50 »

If that was true, then we release grapes and if he is Town that's great and he an take someone out safely and we NO LYNCH and random does NOT bubble anyone either to make sure we are no less than 4 at night, thus no less than 3 at the start of the day and then grapes returning as conf!Town with another conf!town (because we had agreed that there's only one scum left).

If he is Scum we have no control on whom he takes out, but we also know he will take out someone conf!town and our bet move would be sill a No LYNCH (but this time it is still a risky move because if grapes can kill his subject and return to game alone they win). We presumably go into the night as 4 and someone gets NK'd thus we return as 2 vs 1 pending the grapes return to game. If he does return WITH his subject they'd still remain conf!Town and we lynch grapes and still play the guessing game on the next day.

The alternative to the above proposition (with grapes still being Scum) is we attempt to lynch his partner and end the game on spot. If we succeed the Town wins, but if we mislynch we lose instantly. Well, not instantly but it will be random's call and he MUST bubble and CORRECTLY to bring the win home.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12299 (isolation #681) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:56 pm

Post by Almost50 »

We now agree that a mislynch cannot "immediately" result in a loss, but it could still result in a loss anyway.

IF grapes is Town, even if he does take out a Town player thus leaving 4 of us and then we mislynch and we enter the night as 2 vs 1. Scum successfully kill = Town Loss, but that could be dealt with by random's bubble.

If he is Scum though, and he takes out Town (and he WILL in this case) then we still lose if he can kill his subject, and it seems to me that THAT is the pivotal point of argument between you and me right now. Whether or not Scum!Grapes can kill his bubbled target. If he can't; we win. If he can; we lose. Plain and simple.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12300 (isolation #682) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Almost50 »

I still don't see why we should take the risk though. I mean, it's only worth it if grapes is Town (so as to confirm him as such, and use that to confirm someone else). If he is scum though, while we confirm him as scum it also carries the risk of a loss if he can kill his subject with it.

I'm of the opinion grapes is Scum, thus I fear the worst. If I thought he was Town then I would have been at ease with his release, which -I guess- is where Matina's at right now.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12312 (isolation #683) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:46 pm

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12310, Reasonably Rational wrote:1) First of all, though the idea of grapes as leftover turned scum has been the main thing we've discussed, there is a very prominent, though rarely on screen, threat to earth from season 2/3: Yellow Diamond. There's no reason why a seventh scum couldn't have simply existed from the start. There's even mechanical support for this idea because Xkfyu had an ability that allowed him to directly contact the leader of the threats to earth....something which occurred in the show when Peridot contacted Yellow Diamond.
I's remarks like this one that make me hard TR this slot. I mean, I'm totally illiterate about the show, and there's absolutely no scum benefit to enlightening me with what actually did happen on the show itself.

However, let me ask: Are we looking for Yellow Diamond or Army? I'm sorry, but when a game is stagnant for this long I tend to forget many minor details, and I have already deleted all remarks I had thought the game is almost over and I wanted grapes lynched and that's it.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12340 (isolation #684) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Almost50 »

56 more hours for deadline. Can we move it?

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12343 (isolation #685) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:57 am

Post by Almost50 »

@Cerb:

You guys are superb. Magnificent. Remarkable. You managed to flip my read on you a full 180 degrees in just one game day when Mastina's been trying to do that for 3 days vand couldn't. BRAVO!

Given that my suspects for a duo scum are now you + grapes, there is NO WAY you're going to wiggle your way out of a lynch TODAY. In fact, your suggestion makes me think you KNOW something we don't, like the grapes untility thing doesn't work like MoI's/random's bubble, in which case grapes removing you and himself doesn't end the game and you are asking us to mislynch Shiro today with myself being the designated mislynch of tomorrow for your win con to get triggered.

I DID notice the flip in Drixx' play/read on me, and it was like "let's keep him for last. He's a fool and easily manipulated and he thinks we're Town." until "it's time now to get rid of that slot after it had served us GREATLY."

Then you came in to soften the situation when I came to the right conclusion at long last, but you are slyly and subtly are trying to push the same agenda of somehow escaping the lynch, but now Shiro is your push bc Mastina's opposed to my lynch before either of you, so you simply are trying to walk down the easier route.

Now I don't really care if I get bubbled tonight or lynched tomorrow, but I will not lynch anyone but you today (just in case I'm a DOUBLE fool and grapes is actually Town and you do have immunity against being bubbled like Mastina proposed).

HOWEVER, AND LET THIS BE NOTED OR THE RECORD: IT'S A GRAPES+RR SCUM DUO, AND GRAPES' UTILITY DOESN'T WORK THE WAY WE ALL THOUGHT IT DID (i.e. they do not count as dead towards the win con triggering mechanic).

If this is true then by lynching Shiro; Scum already win bc I'd be guaranteed to be tomorrow's mislynch and RR+grapes will still be alive.

So, lynch RR and grapes takes me/Shiro out WHICH DOES NOT CLEAR ME/SHIRO but still we can afford that extra mislynch tomorrow and then LYNCH GRAPES ANYWAY when the game doesn't end.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12344 (isolation #686) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:59 am

Post by Almost50 »

Oh, and -of course-
Requesting an extension to deadline by as long as it takes from random's public post to release grapes to Varsoon actually releasing him.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12348 (isolation #687) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:58 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, so what next? Is grapes going to show up in the next few hours? THAT is the question.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12350 (isolation #688) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Almost50 »

And it didn't happen, confirming you as SCUM. If there was ONLY ONE SCUM at loose they would have voted you. This means:

1- grapes is the lonely scum = NOT APPLICABLE.
2- YOU are a lonely scum.
3- You AND grapes are scum together.

It can't even be myself alone because if I was I would have HAD to wait for someone to vote just about ANYONE first before I tried to take it home. Nice try though.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12358 (isolation #689) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12355, Randomnamechange wrote:grapes should take rr out then we lynch almost.
VOTE: almost
Agreed!

VOTE: Almost50

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12361 (isolation #690) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12356, mastin2 wrote:But if grapes fails to show up and trigger his event within the next 6, I'm lynching him. grapes returned to the game over 24 hours ago.
I told you this is exactly what was going to happen. It was pretty damn obvious that scum are stalling.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12362 (isolation #691) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:43 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12357, Randomnamechange wrote:almost, if you are solo scum then this is game over for you so please don't shoot me
Ok, this is the final straw. I no longer trust you, and Fuzzy might have been spot on after all.

HOW ON EARTH would a SOLO-SCUM!ME be able to shoot you when you've just said you're bubbling me??

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12363 (isolation #692) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 12360, Shiro wrote:I mean I can hammer but Nah
Oh, please do. I've already given up on this game anyway. Everybody is being obtuse and want to have their own print on any given plan. We agree to follow Mastina's plan to the letter and random comes out of thin air to decide I'm the lynch target and RR is to be left alone. I don't even know what to think of everybody's play anymore.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12367 (isolation #693) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:08 pm

Post by Almost50 »

@mastina:

We have 2 hours left. If we have 2 scums left and with random's intention to bubble me if we lynch grapes I'd say we already lost (grapes flips scum & I get bubbled, RR shoots you and convinces random it is SHIRO + grapes and also not to release me back bc I would not lynch Shiro in that case... OR grapes flips Town (I don't think so, but I'm covering all possibilities) and it turns out to be Shiro + RR in which case they only need to shoot you/random and win the game).

So, that was the 2-scums scenario. If only one scum is left then -by definition- it will be RR alone and they can't win EVEN if I'm bubbled and random is shot (so I won't comeback) bc it's be you + Shiro against them.

Alternatively, and this is still the 1 scum scenario, you could flip me and then Mr random will have to bubble RR regardless bc he had already bubbled both Shiro & grapes, and it should give us the win.

So, with all due respect, please just hammer me and HOPE that RR is the one and only standing scum.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12368 (isolation #694) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:11 pm

Post by Almost50 »

This -o course- does not account for a SCUM!random in which case he does deserve the win if not for manipulating the game status NOW then for playing the whole Gems faction earning himself a fake conf!Town status. Yes, I would feel like a total jerk if this is the case, but I believe I won't be the only one.

Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #12619 (isolation #695) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

GG all.

@Mastina:
Good Reads and GOOD DETERMINATION.

@RR:
You guys are GREAT. I enjoyed your Scum play even more than I had enjoyed your Town play before.

@Creature:
Yeah, I'll be sure to change my profile soon enough! :lol:

@Shiro:
Your "gut" isn't any better than mine! :P

@Grapes:
You too! We should be competing for the wooden spoon trophy or something!!

@MoI:
Once again, SORRY for the outburst, but it REALLY peeved me that you skimmed and misread (and thus misrepresented) everything I said in our PT.

@Far:
Your play is scummy. End of.

@Yume:
I have yet to see you play a better game, despite having rusted Sky too much.

@Titus:
You're one of the few players who CAN tell the difference between my Town play and my Scum play.

@Varsoon:
You're A LEGEND!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”