The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - AllTheMods 9!!! - NEW Vanilla?

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

New Vanilla Server?

Yes, on latest stable version; with fun events & mini-games!
33%
Yes, on latest stable version; for consistency & community! (no plugins)
33%
Yes, on "snapshots"/development versions; bleeding edge! (definitely no plugins)
No votes
Yes, with Spigot/Bukkit/server "plugins" (or commands like /tpa, /home, etc.)
33%
Yes, but I'll post with my specific thoughts and ideas!
No votes

Total votes: 9

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19350 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:38 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 19340, Maruchan wrote:PS: I'm taking all 9 of the diamonds in the chest since I left it with over a stack 2 days ago and they all seem to have disappeared.
That's totally ok. You're entitled to your own stuff.

Besides for the diamond issue I haven't noticed anything problematic and I've been a regular for the past couple days.
I mean, as long as you're not bulldozing people's houses or the spawn house and aren't being a dick I think we're going to do just fine.

Progress is good for being three days into this. Anyone who has experience with THE END have a list of tasks needed to perform/materials needed?
Because I'm maintaining food/potions/etc as I can but need a more concrete task now that we have most of the bases covered.

I know that finding a STRONGHOLD is up there but we need Ender Pearls first which is proving problematic.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19351 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:39 pm

Post by Andrius »

Prozac our colt is all grown up.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19352 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Accountant »

I have no experience with End runs. I'm just here to build machines, because I like resource gathering and Klazam said on Skype you guys needed farms and stuff. I don't really intend to be one of the people fighting the Ender Dragon, either, unless you count back-end support.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #19353 (ISO) » Wed Jan 11, 2017 8:03 pm

Post by davesaz »

I specifically left the diamonds in spawn house alone until I contributed some. Don't remember what the supply was when I was there yesterday. That said, I'm expecting everything there to be communal and we'll ultimately need several stacks to gear everyone up.
My mining total is up to a whopping 6 so far. Typical for my luck. Don't remember if I've deposited them or if I'm carrying them still...
Wanna play Minecraft with your ms friends? Check out the minecraft thread, or the channel on discord
Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #19354 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:13 am

Post by Maestro »

In post 19348, Accountant wrote:
In post 19341, Maestro wrote:"don't build ugly shit"
For the FURTHER record

I thought that the base was perfectly fine. I like cobblestone and have built my house out of them. If I'd used glass instead you would have absolutely 0 problem, so this is purely an arbitrary decision on your part.
You're not a super-villain; I wasn't even directing that just at you. I was reiterating rules that have been in place on our servers since before you even joined the site. It's not an arbitrary decision, but of course ugliness is one based on personal preference, and the overwhelming majority prefer things not to be hashed together out of Cobblestone. I'm glad you're joining us even if you're not here for the Run itself - every little bit helps.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19355 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:17 am

Post by Accountant »

Right. I've actually chatted a bit with Klazam on this and he mentioned that everyone has their system. I guess it's reasonable to say that if my sense of aesthetic clashes with yours it makes sense for us to build seperately, with cooperation occurring along the lines of a kind of symbiotic relationship(I mine, I get resources, I get extra resources like string that I can't get by myself from you guys, I build farms with the total resources, you grab the stuff I farm, etc.) That's probably the best form of outcome in order to avoid buildings or structures with clashing aesthetics. It also lets me contribute best to the - for want of a better word - war effort, since I hate minecraft combat.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19356 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:27 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 19348, Accountant wrote:
In post 19341, Maestro wrote:"don't build ugly shit"
For the FURTHER record

I thought that the base was perfectly fine. I like cobblestone and have built my house out of them. If I'd used glass instead you would have absolutely 0 problem, so this is purely an arbitrary decision on your part.

EDIT: I'm kind of miffed people are acting like I'm a supervillain for taking 11 diamonds out of a shared chest to make pickaxes to mine more supplies that we need (with a promise to put the diamonds back) and for making a cobblestone wall
Look Im going to try and not be a dick, but the base was an eyesore after it was finished both inside and out. I was already thinking about changing it back before deciding it was better to ask the mods about it who took it into their hands. Glass would have been better, cause at least we would have been able to look out of it, and it wouldnt have been an obstruction.

Diamonds (and enderpearls) are at a premium at the moment, I think the issue was you took them and put them in your own personal chest. I knew you said we could take the remaining diamonds (minus the tools) because someone told me, no one else did though.

Also I used our one enderpearl, as an aside, to make an ender eye. I didn't realise they could shatter. I made a nerd pole where I got to (so we dont have to use it so much next time). If you follow the axis from the river cottage to my "secret" lair then onwards you should get to it. I have been trying to get more (as anyone on the server yesterday will attest to) but despite multiple kills (and about 30/40 deaths) I didn't get one:(
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19357 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:38 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 19343, Alchemist21 wrote:
I feel like I saw a horse with that name somewhere while I was exploring the community.

Holy shit you guys have some cool houses though. Especially Prozac's. What's that guy's house even made of? And that huge tower just for a nether portal?
On the vanilla server I think thats Arch's?

I collected a fuckload of redstone and didnt know what to do with it, so built my house, it was a lot more red than it is now. The tower, was initially so I could find my way back as I get lost frequently. Then I decided it was a good place for a nether portal in the hopes I wouldn't teleport to an already open one. (I failed)
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19358 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:40 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 19345, Klazam wrote:The diamonds was in Accountant's mine, she said she were getting more and that you all should take it.

anyway, server's going down for upgrade sometime on the 12th, will let you all know when its back up.
Server is down just now.
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #19359 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:43 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

In post 19357, Porochaz wrote:he tower, was initially so I could find my way back as I get lost frequently.
It's effective. I've been using your place as a landmarker and my place is just over a hill from yours, next to some abandoned village. Now I'm at a point where I can make a bunch of banners I can use as trail markers whenever I go out.
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19360 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 am

Post by Porochaz »

My village is finally abandoned :(
Alchemist21
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Alchemist21
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19361 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:50 am

Post by Alchemist21 »

So I started making a trail out into the wilderness. It starts out in the direction where I think prozac may have mined before because there's a shaft and a torch just sitting in the forest. It continues on through the forest to a waterfall and into the desert. It's marked by several torch-lit banners along the way and there are several rest houses along the trail which each include a crafting table, furnace, and bed.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19362 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:59 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Can't connect to the new server... is that expected?
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #19363 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:01 am

Post by Porochaz »

In post 19361, Alchemist21 wrote:So I started making a trail out into the wilderness. It starts out in the direction where I think prozac may have mined before because there's a shaft and a torch just sitting in the forest. It continues on through the forest to a waterfall and into the desert. It's marked by several torch-lit banners along the way and there are several rest houses along the trail which each include a crafting table, furnace, and bed.
I dont know anything about that. Tis not me.
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19364 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Maruchan »

In post 19350, Andrius wrote:Progress is good for being three days into this. Anyone who has experience with THE END have a list of tasks needed to perform/materials needed?
Because I'm maintaining food/potions/etc as I can but need a more concrete task now that we have most of the bases covered.
Steady production of food, golden apples are phenomenal for this.
A decent EXP farm (blazes work great for dual-purposing), to enchant armor and weapons
Skeleton farming for arrows
Need to kill LOTS of endermen, to make the eyes of ender to 1st locate a stronghold for an end portal, and to then activate the portal.
Diamonds for full diamodn armor for everyone, with good enhcantments.
Potioneering for potions of both offensive and defensive value.
a stockpile of enough extras of all equipment for like 5 more end expeditioneers than we need, so those that die may re-equip and re-join us.

To the exclusion of arrows, food, diamonds, and potion ingredients, I can think of nothing else we need TONS of.
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Maruchan
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Maruchan
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #19365 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:30 am

Post by Maruchan »

>comes home today with no second job requirement tonight and a decent nights sleep last night expecting to get 4-5 hours of minecraft time

:(

o well, mebe tomorrow
Show
Returning to modding after a nearly two year hiatus!
9 player Purgatory coming to the Open Queue Soon!
Join Now!

Micro Grand Idea uPick coming to the micro queue soon!
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19366 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:07 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 19364, Maruchan wrote:Skeleton farming for arrows
I have evolved beyond arrows.
Join the glorious revolution, my brothers.
Klazam
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Klazam
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19367 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Klazam »

Sorry Maru/fishy/everyone else- our host is giving us problems. Might be delayed to tomorrow or something, but after this upgrade, shouldn't be issues again.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19368 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:08 pm

Post by Andrius »

Yeah, I dislike mining and I don't know how to automate spawn farms.

SOOOOOOO I guess I'll stick to FOOD and POTIONS and killing mobs.

As far as potions are concerned, I imagine we'll want:

+Jumping
+Speed
+Dmg
+Healing
+Night Vision

Do we want:

? Instant Dmg

? Invisibility
? Regeneration

All SPLASH, I imagine?
Last edited by Andrius on Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19369 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Accountant »

Doesn't the Ender Dragon fly? Instant Dmg splash seems kind of worthless against it.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #19370 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:32 pm

Post by Andrius »

That's why I'm asking.
I haven't played in ~2 years but remember there being SOME mobs in The End with the dragon.
So we can scratch that then.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #19371 (ISO) » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:35 pm

Post by Accountant »

I think there are some Endermen, but for them it might be best to just kill them with swords rather than take up slots which might be better occupied by eg. healing potions

but I'm not a runner

Maestro
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Maestro
They/Them/Any
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them/Any

Post Post #19372 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:37 am

Post by Maestro »

The Endermen don't aggro when you attack the Dragon, so it's far easier and more efficient to ignore them. The problem actually isn't the Dragon - with more than 3-4 people (as long as your aim is decent) your damage is good and it can only really target one of you at a time with its attacks.

I've always thought the real problem lies in breaking every single Ender Crystal on top of the Obsidian pillars of the main island, since the Crystals will heal the Dragon faster than you can dish out the damages. The only blocks the Dragon can't break with its rush attack are Bedrock, Obsidian, and End Stone, and it can easily knock you right off whatever you build to get up the pillars if you're not careful. And the Crystals explode when you break them, so that doesn't help.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #19373 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:40 am

Post by McMenno »

just have good aim
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19374 (ISO) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:26 am

Post by Fishythefish »

While the new vanilla server is down, hop on the old one! I decided to do the whole end thing - I got very close to the stronghold, but lost my last pearl. Help appreciated.

Return to “The Arcade”