[REVIEW] Open Setup Reviews

This forum is for discussion of individual Open Setups, including theoretical balance.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (isolation #0) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Realeo »

Can I have this reviewed? =D

Chain Reaction
9 VT turned Kingmaker on lynch

3 Mafia Goons

It is a nightless Mafia. Daytalk is open from first quarter of dayphase until third quarter of day phase. In a dayphase with IRL 12 days deadline, the Daytalk is open when there is 9 ~ 3 Days remaining in Deadline.

This game employs Accelerated Start.

If a Mafia Goon is lynched, game goes to next dayphase.

However, if a VT is lynched, the game thread is locked. The VT, before dies, must lynch another player kingmaker style. By Kingmaker style, I mean that the lynched VT is the only one that can vote and his vote decides who is lynched after him.

If a VT is lynched and lynch another VT, the newly lynched VT now must lynch another player. This VT chain reaction lynch continues until a VT lynch a mafia or Town loses.

Town winning objective is to eliminate all mafia player.
Mafia winning objective is to have the number of
not lynched
mafia equal to the number of
not lynched
VT.

First faction to get their objective goal wins.

EV speaking, that's 50%. One of the weakness of nightless is that you cannot lynch the obvtown. This is compensated by punishing bad play of town. Town can rack up early town loss or lynch a obvtown in the VT chain reaction
Last edited by Realeo on Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (isolation #1) » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 614, Kmd4390 wrote:I actually don't think it needs to be. If scum aren't shooting mimes, no lynching hurts town and helps scum.
What happesn if the 1st mime is killed and the 2nd mime is still alive? I think the 2nd mime should exit the game (ie. endgamed) if the 1st mime is dead.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #618 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:58 am

Post by Realeo »

I think your setup is good, as long as you endgamed 1 mime v 1 town v 1 mafia for Mime-Mafia joint win.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:16 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 629, Kmd4390 wrote:Yeah, that would just be a mime win. The instant that the second mime is lynched, the mimes have reached their win condition, meaning scum and town both lose.
Ew. Kingmaker of classic town v mafia v 3rd party. A condition where the loser can choose the winner. Bad design.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #632 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Realeo »

Which is why 1:1:1 is solved by setup creator from get go. Some setup creator during 1:1:1 would skip the day phase to prevent the losing VT from choosing the winner. Some setup decides a winner before hand (like Jungle Republic, Mafia is given the win in a tie or 1:1:1)

Return to “Open Setup Discussion”