Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:17 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 376, Narna wrote:
In post 274, lane0168 wrote:
In post 240, Narna wrote:
In post 238, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 234, Narna wrote:Lane's question to Dreal seems like phony busywork.

VOTE: Lane
Even though it might have been the first non-RVS post made in the game? Someone's gotta get the ball rolling right?
I'm trying to get the ball rolling. Lane didn't really engage rvs at all, and he enters the game trying to break rvs by questioning something that didn't seem alignment indicative to me. Dreal's bit on Frank, and KT's question seem like more genuine attempts to break rvs here.
What is busy about it? You're quick on that I think. One post asking a legitimate question. Can you think of any reasons someone might accidentally pay more attention to votes on one person as opposed to another? You say I enter trying to break rvs. How well do you think town does if rvs never ends? I engaged rvs. I voted mcmenno. Then I saw something that interested me. Why don't you go look at the posts before and after my question, then tell me when rvs ended. Your accusation doesn't make sense on many levels. You might even call it busy work.

Who else is on your suspicion list that didn't really engage in rvs? Are kt and dreal on your list for trying to break rvs? Like you said I was doing?
Both of those votes that Dreal questioned were naked votes, and it seemed pretty apparent he was trying to get more than that out of people. The mcmenno association seems like a safe misrep to get a response and seem like you're scumhunting. The rvs thing was poorly thought out, and pretending to scumhunt fits better than "breaking rvs" considering KT and Dreal's serious posting was just before yours.
My bad there, but the point is still pretty much that the question falsely associates Dreal with Mcmenno.

I wasn't a fan of Snarky's "hurr modvote" or Frank's first joke from rvs. I mentioned that KT and Dreal's attempts at breaking rvs seemed genuine in the post you quoted.
The bolded, can you tell me how it falsely associates dreal with mcmenno? That may be true, but how can you know that our even imply that? There is only one way you could even imply that this early in the game. Town doesn't know. Scum know
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:20 am

Post by lane0168 »

And if it is false, can you tell me why it's bad that I imply that? Being the first post of rvs with a legitimate observation? There's not much to go off of at game start, and you have to start somewhere. You can agree with that no doubt
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:21 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 377, Narna wrote:
In post 277, lane0168 wrote:I'm also noting nama calling my question busy work, but dreals questioning rvs votes on mcmenno is not mentioned.

One of them takes actual observation. One of them is about as easy as it gets
Fair point, I didn't really want to start a huge rvs debate in rvs. Taking rvs too seriously comes from town and scum, and the questions seemed null coming from Dreal.

Your observation doesn't really have a logical conclusion. Scum doesn't typically invite people to talk about their allies during rvs.
Not typically, but possibly?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:24 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 391, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 390, SnarkySnowman wrote:If you're not voting davsto, you're wrong.

Lane is a good choice otherwise though.
anti-lurk gun holstered!
Lol so you let someone off lurking because they tell people to vote who you don't like

Despite them contributing nothing besides that

Real townie attitude here lol
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:29 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 379, Narna wrote:
In post 278, lane0168 wrote:
In post 244, Narna wrote:
In post 241, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 233, KainTepes wrote:because you are reluctant to reveal your answer,, and insistent on scumreading me for asking this question, and i dont think you have a good reason for trying to stop people from answering my question
I'm reluctant to assume revealing my answer does town any good

I'm not soley SRing because you ask the question, and you simplifying it as such as a way to dismiss the validity of my concerns is even more telling

my reasons are pro-town cautionary

and itseems like you're zoooming as fast as you can to get whatever you can before my CAUTIONARY influence is heeded at all (and you try to discredit my influence at the same time, of course)

people can always reveal in time to come, they can never take it back

do you see my concern?

also, it seems odd that you'd reveal you had such a role too, or that there'd even been one
If revealing shit turns out to be bad for town, it would implicate KT and I think that more likely than not, it would help solve the gamestate down the line. If revealing stuff doesn't effect the game much at all, then it may force scum into lying more. However, given the mod gave a warning about revealing your answers, I don't blame you for being cautious.

But do you get where I'm coming from?
If revealing turns out to be bad for town, how does that implicate KainTepes? Either is AI or NAI. You can't decide that after the fact, because scum or town could ask about it. The results don't determine KainTepes alignment, unless you can convince me otherwise right now.
If you do something that has an anti town result, you're likely to be implicated. Would you be suspicious of people who lead a mislynch? Of course the results alone don't determine everything. I used "implicate" for a reason, and you are putting words in my mouth.
No, scum can't mislynch on their own, in fact the majority of mislynches are voted by town, aside from lylo.

I just don't think in this case it implicates either. Dreal or Kain tepes.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 8:56 am

Post by xyzzy »

"hey, everyone," said the omnipotent voice in the sky, "you have about 9 days until this day is over! just keep that in mind!"

everyone agrees that that is most certainly not how days work and that the omnipotent voice in the sky isn't very smart.

votecount 1.063 players voting for drealmerz7 (Davsto, Aristophanes, lane0168)
2 players voting for Davsto (McMenno, SnarkySnowman)
2 players voting for lane0168 (Narna, drealmerz7)
1 player voting for McMenno (Desperado)
1 player voting for Desperado (ɀefiend)
1 player voting for KainTepes (Secret Agent Jin)

3 players not voting (Gamma Emerald, FrankJaeger, KainTepes)

with 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch

the day will end in (expired on 2017-01-23 18:00:00)

mod notes: still searching for a replacement for Secret Agent Jin. FrankJaeger has been prodded. Gammma Emerald is V/LA until January 17. please remember when you are V/LA to both post in the thread
and
PM me.
Last edited by xyzzy on Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:06 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 387, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:IGMEOY
It took longer than it should have for me to figure out what this meant. Usually we just call it an FoS (Finger of Suspicion). IGMEOY works though lol
It's a notch below FoS because it's a minor ping, not a gut feeling.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:08 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 391, drealmerz7 wrote:
In post 390, SnarkySnowman wrote:If you're not voting davsto, you're wrong.

Lane is a good choice otherwise though.
anti-lurk gun holstered!
I don't see why. Snarkys post is empty and useless. Also I get the feel like you didn't read my wallpost at all.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:09 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 392, McMenno wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:However, two out of the three reasons Desperado gives imply that a lack of specific posting from McMenno is scummy.
I mean twou ouf thouse points are literally I was nout oun at the time sou I've resigned to him being either a lyncher oun me our bad scum
That is exactly my point. Read this sentence in the context of my case lol.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:24 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 393, Desperado wrote:
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:My thoughts concern the second part Re: McMenno. Note that Narna's request was for Desperado to point out things about McMenno's posts that had scum motivation. However, two out of the three reasons Desperado gives imply that a lack of specific posting from McMenno is scummy. (The PR thing is up in the air, since we are talking about "McMeme-o" after all. I'm not going to digress to argue the strength of this reason.) McMenno didn't have a meaningful response to his wagon, but neither did Davsto, and Davsto's was bigger. The last reason is misapplied to the actual situation, so I cannot discern whether it is bogus scum reasoning or an honest mistake. However, I can explain the misapplication. Drealmerz wasn't responding to the McMenno wagon per se, he was responding to Lane questioning him about his own concern for the wagon.
When a player is wagoned he has four options:

1) Ignore it and do nothing else
2) Ignore it and continue scumhunting
3) Address it and do nothing else
4) Address it and continue scumhunting

1) and 3) lean scum, 2) and 4) lean town. McMenno and Davsto clearly reacted differently to their wagons so I'm curious what leads you to suggest that I'm "misapplying" anything here.
Davsto took option 1) at the time. Hell, he even voted himself. He didn't start scumhunting until later when he jumped in to the conversation with drealmerz. By your logic Davsto is scummy for that just like McMenno.
As for the last bit, Drealmerz questioned multiple McMenno votes--that is a response to the McMenno wagon, by definition. He carried a conversation on with lane regarding it, but if another player goes out of his way to question multiple votes on my town slot in RVS, I would want to know why and I would expect other townies to feel similarly.
So you admit you're conf-biasing on this point. You keep referencing the McMenno "wagon" like it's pertinent when in actuality 1) there was a bigger wagon (Davsto) and 2) the relevant content was between drealmerz and Lane; nothing concerning McMenno directly.
In post 383, ɀefiend wrote:The last sentence pings me because (1) it reads as fence-sitting about the discussion as a whole, whereas most (active) players have taken a hard stance on it, and (2) KainTepes and drealmerz had just gone through a lengthy back-and-forth about the discussion at hand, but Desperado doesn't elaborate about what, if any "alignment indicators" he picked up on from their exchange -- this begs the questions
-If the KainTepes/drealmerz exchange didn't provide any alignment indicators (side note: I think it did), what type of indicators should we actually be searching for with regards to the questionnaire-reveal discussion? &
-If the exchange did provide alignment indicators, why didn't Desperado share these at the time? Why bring up the fact that the discussion can provide alignment indicators if you aren't going to talk about them?
Up to now Kain and Dreal are the only people truly engaging the questionnaire discussion and I have shared my Dreal read so I'm not really sure where you're going with this.
Actually, many people have touched on the questionnaire thing. Lane, Aristophanes, and Narna all answered. Davsto kinda answered. I briefly said why it was pointless. So your statement that there's alignment indicators out there leaves more to be desired than just a single read on drealmerz.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:26 am

Post by ɀefiend »

By the way, I agree with you that McMenno is active lurking and I don't blame you for going after him for that. My issue is your overall methodology.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:51 am

Post by xyzzy »

Azral replaces Secret Agent Jin! thank you, Azral!
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:53 am

Post by KainTepes »

DAVSTO is from liverpool,, his vote is joke vote tho,,
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
Azral
Azral
Goon
Azral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:04 pm

Post by Azral »

UNVOTE:

Hi all, will catch up soon.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:47 pm

Post by KainTepes »

In post 413, Azral wrote:UNVOTE:

Hi all, will catch up soon.
is this your habit to unvote right after you replace,, without reading yet??

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Welcome Azral!

We're the answers given in the questionnaire by your previous slot-holder released to you?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Azral
Azral
Goon
Azral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by Azral »

Yes on both counts.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by KainTepes »

OK,, so can you tell us what youanswered for the QUESTION about whether you like to play as town or scum or third party??

drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

LET HIM FUCKING CATCH UP YOU DON'T NEED TO REPEAT YOURSELF HE'LL FUCKING SEE IT
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:17 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

totally a "omg maybe I can get an answer before he sees the arguments about not revealing the answer and changes his mind GAHHH" is how I read that post from KT
balance among all things
FrankJaeger
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
FrankJaeger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Post by FrankJaeger »

Prod recieved. Need to vla until the 23rd. Ill be able to check in a few times while vla

VOTE: lane

His push on drealm didn't look genuine.

Drealm freaking out seems town, but im sure he is aware of his most recent scum meta. Im still thinking hes town though.

Ive got another scum read but i need to see what plays out before I give it any wieght.

Yea so thats about all i got right now.
Azral
Azral
Goon
Azral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Azral »

In post 417, KainTepes wrote:OK,, so can you tell us what youanswered for the QUESTION about whether you like to play as town or scum or third party??
Not at this time since the odds are 50-50 on you or someone else needing this info to murder people.

If you want answers from people you should focus on convincing them to trust you first.

A survey related info role could be mafia or town depending on a lot of factors.
Azral
Azral
Goon
Azral
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by Azral »

People who dismissed this as a concern too quickly should prob be looked at closely.
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by lane0168 »

In post 420, FrankJaeger wrote:Prod recieved. Need to vla until the 23rd. Ill be able to check in a few times while vla

VOTE: lane

His push on drealm didn't look genuine.

Drealm freaking out seems town, but im sure he is aware of his most recent scum meta. Im still thinking hes town though.

Ive got another scum read but i need to see what plays out before I give it any wieght.

Yea so thats about all i got right now.
Awesome. Drops a vote and vla's til the 23rd. He better check in
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

lane wants to be a mod
lane should sign up to mod