Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:40 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 350, -Grey- wrote:
In post 115, Persivul wrote:In my experience, scum, who know the alignments, are less likely to have thoroughly read the setup than town. Further, while setup spec can be beneficial, it can also be used as a way to appear busy without really scum hunting.
This is disingenuous shade slinging.
It was a weak charge in response to a question. It was post 115 - most charges are weak at that point.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:45 am

Post by Persivul »

Spoiler:
In post 351, -Grey- wrote:
In post 146, Persivul wrote:
In post 144, Aj The Epic wrote:...You realize that when Tammy signed up for this game, she did not have a role?
Sure do. I also realize that, by the time she was posting, the setup was there in the first post.
That doesn't change the fact that not reading the description is NAI.
In post 352, -Grey- wrote:
In post 218, Persivul wrote:
In post 171, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: I understand, the thing is I'm not going to force things. It's not how I like to play. I find that a lot of people on this site don't understand that a lot of stuff is just noise or NAI and tend to end up
making something out of nothing
as a result, rather than letting things progress naturally.

In post 172, Gamma Emerald wrote: Looking at this there's not much to it, looks like Reflektor is
VOTE: Reflektor
This struck me as odd. Rules don't say if scum have daytalk. If they do, this could be two people both unconsciously using wording that came up in their scum thread.
This post pings me too.
In post 353, -Grey- wrote:
In post 219, Persivul wrote:
In post 174, Reflektor wrote: I understand that approach. I don't think that
is the worst thing in the world as long as you can pull back and see you're making something out of nothing; it's a hell of a lot easier to read a room full of misguided people than it is to read a room where everyone's shuffling their feet and looking at the floor and waiting for someone to do something that really, really stands out.
Apparently it's the phrase of the day.
Crap post. Reflektor was obviously referring to Gamma's use of the phrase.

Through post 219, my posts are the only ones that you found worthy of mention. Did you come into the game with an agenda? If not, you're not considering motivations. Scum don't go about making waves and calling attention to themselves, particularly early on D1.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:48 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 358, -Grey- wrote:
In post 235, Fate wrote:I mean Tammy/AJ are universally town read
Lol at trying to throw AJ in as an universal townread.
I also noticed this at the time. Goes for Tammy too. I town read her slot, but we haven't had enough people chime in to call it a universal town read.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:53 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 359, -Grey- wrote:That explains a lot.
If you believe it. Have you considered the possibility that he was scum laying low, then when challenged on it he decided to town up his game and use technology as an excuse for the change?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 361, Randomnamechange wrote:yeah, my scumread of fate dropped off between my vote and his pressure on me for it
This sounded terrible when I first read it, but on further consideration I see the point.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:56 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 362, -Grey- wrote:
In post 275, Persivul wrote:I don't see the town motivation to announce that my reads agree with others. Scum, OTOH, are more concerned about appearing to fit in.
Why would scum announce that they are trying to blend in?
He didn't announce that he was
trying
to blend in. He announced that he
did
fit in. That's a subtle but important recharacterization you made of my point. Why did you do that?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:03 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 365, -Grey- wrote:
In post 309, Aj The Epic wrote:VOTE: BBmolla

I mean honestly you couldn't ask for a more useless vote than dropping one on indigo. Wants LuV wagon, gets two generic townreads, moves on to Fate. He even says Uzi's posts aren't good. Which, going by his last post
In post 282, BBmolla wrote:In all honesty I'm not voting for pressure any more im just voting who I think is most likely scum
He should still be voting LuV as he's said nothing about Fate anyways.

Also he actually took part in RQS so fuck him.
I'm feeling a BBMolla townread after reading this post.
Uh...why? And why is medea scummy for pushing indigo after announcing a 7-day VLA, but bbmolla isn't?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:27 am

Post by Persivul »

Spoiler:
In post 376, Fate wrote:no one seems to give a shit about wagonning Random. I'm leaving it to the vig

Can I get a show of hands?
In post 378, Fate wrote:
Potential Glorious randommidget wagon:

(2): Fate, -Grey-

Any other takers?
In post 380, Fate wrote:looking decent so far, but is it weird to mention I really would prefer him to just be vigged? <_<

I think we'd get more information out of a Alien lynch still
In post 383, Fate wrote:I just think hes useless. Voting me this whole time, then when -Grey- calls it out that his vote on me was for shitty reasons given my explanation of active lurkiness, RM agrees his read on me is weak and has fallen off and yet hes still just voting me and not going for anything else.

Is it scum useless? maybe
In post 385, Fate wrote:thats why I wasnt really expecting support and am still voting Alien
In post 391, Fate wrote:holy shit I'm uncomfortable with how easy it would be to kill rm at this stage

RANDOM GET YOURE FUCKING HEAD IN THE GAME

What a crap push.
Let's wagon random. No, vig him. No, who wants to vote him? But is it weird I want to vig him? He's just useless. No wait, he might be scummy useless. So if you noticed I floated a trial balloon, note that I wasn't really expecting support. USE CAPS TO BLAME MY TERRIBLE PUSH ON RANDOM.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:30 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 384, Realeo wrote:It's just that I have lynched town!randomidget for the same reason before.

*cough* The Hunger Games *cough8

And remember that we're already in potential lylo in D2. I need more than policy lynch.
Exactly. We have two investigators and two vig shots to handle lurkers. A PL on a lurker is terrible in this setup.
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:32 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 389, Reflektor wrote:He's not talking about alignment, he's talking about competence.
This pinged me - why are you answering for Fate?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:36 am

Post by Realeo »

It very bothers me that some player seems so chilly with Tammy that when I am replacing-in, I expect a red PM. Boy, I am dissapointed.

-Madea:
Town lean

I can relate to Fate saying Madea is playing safe. However, I'd like to argue to Fate that he is playing a safe town, not a safe scum want to have his options open. I'd like to consider that he is being town for his attitude.
Spoiler: For quote and explanation
In post 302, Medea the Alien wrote:
In post 51, Tammy wrote:Actually it's weird that you didn't address my suggestion directly. Is there a reason you're avoiding interacting with me?
In post 57, Tammy wrote:Your interaction with me is still not sitting right. Why are you being antagonistic and kinda putting me down. You're reminding me of the last time I suspected someone and they wrote a whole thing about how I wasn't playing well enough in an attempt to make me feel shitty and ignore they were being scummy as shit like you are.
Because I find the overall tenor of 'set-up is so swingy/unbalanced/scary' to be a waste of time and demoralizing
, because I'd expect you to take five minutes and think suggestions through before posting, and I expect more interesting observations from you mixed in with the emotional stuff.
How in the seven hells do you not have any idea what my alignment is?
Because I'm not scum so I don't have a master alignment list? :P

Seriously, a) even if reading you was one of my top priorities I don't have enough content on seeing you interact with most of the player list, b) I usually put off reading you as I explained earlier because the question resolves itself eventually and risks lots of emotional reaction in the meantime, c) while I may be missing some magic nuances, the posting you've done thus far is pretty alignment-neutral from my perspective.
In post 58, Tammy wrote:The question is why ask gamma why he suggested the mass claim, when it should be abundantly obvious. He literally said he thought it might break the game. How is that not clear?
My intention was to inquire as to how he thought it would break the game.
I didn't see anything immediate to indicate such a thing was possible, so it wasn't abundantly clear to me. It's like saying 'we should colonize Mars!' and then expecting to be treated as a savant for the suggestion while having zero followthrough. I'm allowed to ask what kind of spaceships we should be building and what suggests the vistas on Mars are any better than the ones here.

-Aj :
Scum lean

shandora did an excellent job and when he mentioned that, when I looked at Aj's iso, I felt that I'm watching my scum play.

Spoiler: What shandora said
In post 292, shadonra wrote:
In post 289, Lil Uzi Vert wrote: What don't you like about AJ's posts?
AJ's iso looks like this.

"setup spec setup spec setup spec"

"i hate setup spec! i never do setup spec"

"fate doesn't post"

It looks like he wanted to post but wasn't interested in saying anything.

But the biggest problem why I scumread that is
NOT
that. The biggest problem is I can't see him actually solving the game.

He makes comments, here and there
In post 309, Aj The Epic wrote:VOTE: BBmolla

I mean honestly you couldn't ask for a more useless vote than dropping one on indigo. Wants LuV wagon, gets two generic townreads, moves on to Fate. He even says Uzi's posts aren't good. Which, going by his last post
In post 282, BBmolla wrote:In all honesty I'm not voting for pressure any more im just voting who I think is most likely scum
He should still be voting LuV as he's said nothing about Fate anyways.

Also he actually took part in RQS so fuck him.

~~but his conclusion is...
In post 419, Aj The Epic wrote:VOTE: Randommidget

We can consolidate here.
With no (obvious) thinking process, I classify his previous post as shade throwing

VOTE: Aj

Weak town lean
at Persivul but effort is NAI so I need to read more. I can't get my head at Bbmolla so I'm going to put him at
weak scum lean
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:38 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 398, Realeo wrote:Am I the only one who is townleaning shadonra?
Probably. His ISO isn't bad, but it's just too short (8 posts) to really get out of null range.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:40 am

Post by Realeo »

Hey mod! When day vig shoots (from GS?), how does day vig shoots? Does they post in this thread like

Shoot: Donald Drumpf

Or secretly from PM?

(I'm using orange italic. I'm not impersonating mod since mod is orange bold =D)
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:43 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 423, Empking wrote:Imagine a commet heading towards earth. Some people scream and run around. Some stay deathly still. One guy is tring to calm people don and he's a doctor of physics. Another one is also being calm and interacting with the others an is uper-reasonable. THe film follows this guy. At the end, however, it is shown that, in a twist,he is an alien controlling the meteorite with his mind. Hopefuilly, that clears it up.
WTF?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:58 am

Post by Empking »

In post 439, Persivul wrote:
In post 423, Empking wrote:Imagine a commet heading towards earth. Some people scream and run around. Some stay deathly still. One guy is tring to calm people don and he's a doctor of physics. Another one is also being calm and interacting with the others an is uper-reasonable. THe film follows this guy. At the end, however, it is shown that, in a twist,he is an alien controlling the meteorite with his mind. Hopefuilly, that clears it up.
WTF?
What part don't you understand? "Commet" is supposed to be meteorite. I must have forgotten to change it.

It also can't be read in isolation. It was demonstrating the validity of the logic used in the paragraph above. To demonstrate that is baddies are trying to sffect a position it'll probably be the Goldilocks position even though less-concerned townies will likely take one of the more extreme aproaches.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 429, Persivul wrote:
If you believe it. Have you considered the possibility that he was scum laying low, then when challenged on it he decided to town up his game and use technology as an excuse for the change?
In post 430, Persivul wrote:
In post 361, Randomnamechange wrote:yeah, my scumread of fate dropped off between my vote and his pressure on me for it
This sounded terrible when I first read it, but on further consideration I see the point.
That's inconsistent as hell.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:54 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 440, Empking wrote:"Commet" is supposed to be meteorite. I must have forgotten to change it.
Well sure, if it's meteorite...
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:55 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 431, Persivul wrote:
In post 362, -Grey- wrote:
In post 275, Persivul wrote:I don't see the town motivation to announce that my reads agree with others. Scum, OTOH, are more concerned about appearing to fit in.
Why would scum announce that they are trying to blend in?
He didn't announce that he was
trying
to blend in. He announced that he
did
fit in. That's a subtle but important recharacterization you made of my point. Why did you do that?
"Yay, I was successful" doesn't sound to me like a distinction with a difference.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 3:58 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 441, -Grey- wrote:That's inconsistent as hell.
If you find everything about a player to be consistently townie or consistently scummy, you're either scum, or confbiasing town.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:03 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 432, Persivul wrote:Uh...why? And why is medea scummy for pushing indigo after announcing a 7-day VLA, but bbmolla isn't?
Because AJ is scummy as shit.

And because I was leaning scum on Medea
before
the push.

It's not rocket surgery. These questions have obvious answers if you had glanced at my ISO. Chill with the busywork.
---
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:39 am

Post by Fate »

Persivul you're trying real hard to paint me as scum.

What's scummy about having a null-read you want vigged and don't want to waste a wagon on? I especially like how you don't comment on random's alignment at all or try to tell us what kind of interaction it is.

Am I trying to mislynch him (if so there's so much support I would've gone for it) bus him? Please do tell
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Persivul
Persivul
Survivor
Persivul
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:04 am

Post by Persivul »

In post 446, Fate wrote:Persivul you're trying real hard to paint me as scum.
I don't need to try. That push on random is the scummiest thing in the game so far.
What's scummy about having a null-read you want vigged and don't want to waste a wagon on?
You floated a wagon as a trial balloon with the vig shot as a CYA in case it didn't take off. Actually, if you now claimed that you wanted the wagon as pressure because he's a null read who isn't participating (it took a wagon to get you to do much), I might buy that. But now claiming that you didn't want a wagon on him after ? That's just bullshit.
I especially like how you don't comment on random's alignment at all or try to tell us what kind of interaction it is.
I just checked his ISO - he's posted ~15 sentences. The obvious comment on his alignment at this point is
null
. We have two investigators to check inactive players. Or, we could wagon them to get them to talk - but you don't want a wagon, you want a vig shot.
Am I trying to mislynch him (if so there's so much support I would've gone for it) bus him? Please do tell
So much support? I see you, grey, and shadonra. That's less than half of what's needed. And, this reinforces the point that you're not interested in sorting him. You just want him dead.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:09 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 444, Persivul wrote:
In post 441, -Grey- wrote:That's inconsistent as hell.
If you find everything about a player to be consistently townie or consistently scummy, you're either scum, or confbiasing town.
This is a bullshit post, considering what I was calling inconsistent was two conflicting remarks
about the same action.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 5:11 am

Post by -Grey- »

In post 441, -Grey- wrote:
In post 429, Persivul wrote:
In post 430, Persivul wrote:
That's inconsistent as hell.
"He's scum laying low!"
"Yeah I can see why your scumread dropped off"

BOTH ABOUT FATE'S EXPLANATION FOR HIS INACTIVITY

VOTE: Persivul
---

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”