2016 NFL Football

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #39 (isolation #0) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 1:48 pm

Post by AGar »

HEY LOOK THAT ZEKE PICK LOOKIN' REAL GOOD RIGHT NOW, RIGHT JERRY?

DID YOU EJACULATE A BUNCH OVER YOUR NEW TRIPLETS THE PAST FEW MONTHS?

BECAUSE OUR D-LINE KEEPS GETTING FUCKING SUSPENDED THEY'RE SO HAPPY.

FUCK.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #1) » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 40, PokerFace wrote:Agar, with Bosa off the board, who would you have picked for the cowboys? Buckner?

Would you have avoided picking any RB in the draft and rolled with Morris+Mcfadden?
Ramsey, still. Yes, he's had injury issues, but they expect him to be ready for camp and he was still the best player in the draft.

After that, Buckner. We need defense. The offense was fine, literally didn't need anything except maybe another WR in some later rounds.
Ski mask? Check! Sawed off? Check! Guilty conscience, fear of death? Check! Check! Check!

Get to know me. Or don't. I won't tell you what to do. I'm not God. Or your father. Or your boss.
AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #75 (isolation #2) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 61, Nero Cain wrote:How do you know he hasn't improved? :lol: I guess conventional wisdom says he hasn't but I feel like he wasn't horrible last year and I think the Jets should have waited to see what they had in the three QBs they had. If they waited they could have gotten Foles which I don't think is any worse than Fitz and prob offers more upside. Smith only has a 1m cap hit so they could cut him and sign Foles right? Well now they have that big Fitz deal so do they even have the cap space now? Signing Fitz prob had more to do with making Decker/Marshall happy than anything.
Fitz was a 1 year deal to capitalize on the fact that they don't believe that Geno is the answer, and neither of Petty or Hackenberg is ready at this point (not that I think either is an answer, but that's my opinion and what do I know, y'know). They've got 2 more seasons of Marshall, 3 more of Decker. They don't want to throw away any of those, clearly, so they bring in Fitz to steady the ship for a year, give the kids a chance to develop and learn, and then next year they let Fitz walk, probably say there's a QB competition in the offseason knowing they give it to Petty on a 1-year "prove yourself" campaign, hope he's mediocre and then eventually hand it off to Hackenberg.

This is also the Jets we're talking about, so they could literally go full dipshit tomorrow morning and cut their entire QB depth chart and decide "We want to sign Tebow as our starter, JaMarcus Russell as our backup and Ryan Leaf for a veteran locker room presence and to help guide our QBs of the future."

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #76 (isolation #3) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:54 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 71, PokerFace wrote:Aaron Rodgers, how was fitz better than him?
Because Rodgers started off with a great September and then somehow managed to lose the division to Teddy Bridgewater.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #128 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 124, PokerFace wrote:I think Dallas should consider 4 QBs on roster, yes Romo and Dak are good but I'd rather be overly safe. There are good odds Romo goes down again and Dak is still a rookie so he could get injuried as well. I'd rather be overly safe than underly safe if I was dallas this year.
Uh, no. The team is pretty much built to go boom or bust, and it all hinges on Romo. Carrying 4 QBs means we're rostering one less defensive player, where we actually need depth pieces.

For all I care, run with fucking Romo and Prescott and that's it because if Romo does go down, this team is absolutely fucked, so might as well embrace the chaos and load up on defensive pieces that maybe can form some semblance of a mediocre defense.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #137 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 133, Bella wrote:On the plus side, my "Geno to Dallas" theory is viable again!
shutupshutupshutupshutupnonononononononononononononono

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #138 (isolation #6) » Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 128, AGar wrote:
In post 124, PokerFace wrote:I think Dallas should consider 4 QBs on roster, yes Romo and Dak are good but I'd rather be overly safe. There are good odds Romo goes down again and Dak is still a rookie so he could get injuried as well. I'd rather be overly safe than underly safe if I was dallas this year.
Uh, no. The team is pretty much built to go boom or bust, and it all hinges on Romo. Carrying 4 QBs means we're rostering one less defensive player, where we actually need depth pieces.

For all I care, run with fucking Romo and Prescott and that's it because if Romo does go down, this team is absolutely fucked, so might as well embrace the chaos and load up on defensive pieces that maybe can form some semblance of a mediocre defense.
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA FUCKING KILL ME.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #188 (isolation #7) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:24 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 154, pickemgenius wrote:man seeing QBs get injured potentially for the year... with the new stadium... and it being non contact.

I just feel bad for Minnesota who would be definite contenders this year but if Bridgewater is gone then uh...

goodbye potentially really good season...hello maybe playoffs maybe still? dunno.
Somebody call Joe Webb!

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #192 (isolation #8) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by AGar »

Spoiler: A Bunch of Bullshit Picks that are Wrong
AFC East

New England (2)
New York
Buffalo
Miami

AFC North

Pittsburgh (1)
Cincinnati
Baltimore
Cleveland

AFC South
Indianapolis (3)
Houston (5)
Jacksonville
Tennessee

AFC West

Oakland (4)
Denver (6)
Kansas City
San Diego

====

NFC Least

New York (4)
Washington
Philadelphia
Dallas

NFC North

Green Bay (1)
Minnesota (6)
Detroit
Chicago

NFC South

Carolina (3)
Atlanta
Tampa Bay
New Orleans

NFC West
Seattle (2)
Arizona (5)
Los Angeles
San Francisco

--

Wild Card Round

Houston > Oakland
Denver > Indianapolis
Carolina > Minnesota
Arizona > New York

Divisional Round

Pittsburgh > Denver
New England > Houston
Green Bay > Arizona
Seattle > Carolina

Conference Championship

New England > Pittsburgh
Seattle > Green Bay

Super Bowl

New England > Seattle

New England is the best team in the AFC, but will be behind the 8-ball because their first four weeks are going to be brutal on a guy playing his first four career starts. Arizona, Houston on short rest, and then a Buffalo team that can mask their blitzes and not worry about the best QB in the game dissecting things at the line of scrimmage. 3-1 is possible, 2-2 is likely, 1-3 is in play. Patriots fans cry like the world is ending, while Jets fans realize the world IS ending for them as they pay $12 million to a 7th round pick out of known quarterback factory Harvard who had one magical season and CAA as his agency. Turmoil besets Buffalo as everyone except the Ryan brothers realize how bad of an idea it was, wasting another year of Buffalo's miserable collective. Miami finds that even Adam Gase can't coax a passing attack out of Ryan Tannehill. Pittsburgh has a fuckton of firepower. If Ben and AB stay healthy, the sky's the limit. Also, Ben has to stay out of jail. The Red Rider BB-Gun's deal with the Devil gets voided when the Devil realizes Dalton died his hair for the meeting and was never going to deliver the soul he doesn't have. The AFC West and South are piles of dogshit, but Denver's D will carry them to a wild card as they beat up on teams that just don't have a competent QB, while Oakland gets six of it's eight road games against bad teams, and a generally soft schedule. 10 wins is the cap on that division, but it could realistically be 9 to take it. Indy gets in the range of four to six freebies in division games, plus they get to beat on the 3 non-GB NFC North teams now that Bridgewater is out. Division is theirs easily. Giants run away with the East, while Philly riots at Wentz in street clothes after one game. He's immediately inserted into the starting role Week 2, and throws three errant picks. Philadelphia burns to the ground. Romo doesn't play this year and Admiral Dakbar has 5 repeats of Miss St/Bama from 2015 before he gets benched for a jock strap with arms. Kirk Cousins does not, in fact, like that this year, as he snaps from his Manchurian Candidate mindset now that Shanahan and RG3 are out of town and suddenly can't play football anymore. Green Bay takes care of its business en route to a 12 or 13 win season, and Aaron is asked fifty seven times about why his brother Jordan never comes to his games. Minnesota rides the baby knees of AP into a wild card berth because of course they do. Carolina regresses, Cam doesn't have an MVP caliber season, the talking heads make up some story lines about Cam's maturity, and then Carolina reminds everyone that the South is still their division and no one else can step up right now. The West is it's typical bloodbath. Arizona and Seattle go at each others throats and Los Angeles rides their defense to at least one absolute thumping of each before the wheels come off and Goff forgets everything he learned this summer while asking a girl to enjoy the California sunrise with him. San Francisco decides that if Kaepernick won't stand for the anthem, they won't play it, embroiling the team in more controversy, all part of Chip Kelly's grand scheme to burn another NFL franchise to the ground before leaving.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #234 (isolation #9) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:34 am

Post by AGar »

In post 193, Bella wrote:Roethlisberger's played all 16 games 3 times in his 12 seasons, is 34 and behind a mediocre at best line. Their star running back is suspended for 3 games, and their #2 wideout is suspended for the season. They lost their experienced, star tight end, and replaced him with whatever's left of Ladarius Green. They didn't significantly improve a below average defence from last season. They're still coached by Mike Tomlin. Tell me again why people are picking them to win their division?
I really hope you didn't take my post seriously...
In post 231, PJ. wrote:I'm watching the Miss St game and they have been talking about Dak Prescott for like 25 minutes.
I mean, he's really the only thing relevant to come out of Miss St in the past 25 years. And he's not even that great, he just kept them competitive in the West for two years.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 344, pickemgenius wrote:ofc but he wouldnt be behind a fucking MANNING.
Yeah that has been brutal for him in terms of having any chance to show anything.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #433 (isolation #11) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by AGar »

San Diego also more than likely won't can a coach mid-season. Not really the style of the Spanos I don't think.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #435 (isolation #12) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by AGar »

Yeah I looked - the Chargers have fired 1 coach mid-season in the history of the organization. And Gilbride sucked anyways.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #437 (isolation #13) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by AGar »

You also don't bring in a guy you've handpicked as your heir apparent midseason. Assuming they have someone, he is likely internal. You bring him in to that dumpster fire midseason, you set him up for failure.
The moment shit goes bad or he makes one bad call, the fans go nuts
Oh wait, it's San Diego, the fans barely even show up and give a fuck.

But still.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #439 (isolation #14) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:12 pm

Post by AGar »

Hey man, 90s football has Dallas sitting 4-1. I don't care that the toughest stretch of the schedule is coming up and Dallas has played cupcake games until now... We've already matched last season's win total. Nowhere to go but up from here!

I'm still waiting for the bottom to fall out on Admiral Dakbar. I'm one of like six Cowboy's fans who actually watched 'Bama-Miss St last year.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:42 am

Post by AGar »

Push.

I believe in you Geno.

AGar
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AGar
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #690 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by AGar »

In post 687, Wraith wrote:
4/4!

WE'RE GOING TO THE FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP FUCK YOU ALL
And losing so get ready to get ass raped by your lack of a legitimate defense.

Return to “General Discussion”