Micro 676: Bill Wurtz Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:28 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 749, Parama wrote:why is tweet scum.
I don't know that she is. What I do know is this: Storm is town. Implosion is town. I have pretty strong townfeels on Comm; have since. After the events of Transcend wagon and the last few pages, I have some townfeels on the two of you respectively. Kain is probably town, though that's been an up and down coaster all game. This leaves Gamma and Tweet.

What I want is for those remaining two to start having conversations with the rest of us rather than being either V/LA or posting once or twice a day. Guess which one I can do something about?
In post 749, Parama wrote:why am i scum.
I'm not sure that you are.
In post 749, Parama wrote:what is the motivation behind any of your votes.
You can ask about specific ones, I'm not going through all that.
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 731, Parama wrote:i also still think it's very likely gamma is scum for what it's worth. but that's probably just because there's literally no way to read that slot and there's to many other people i have varying degrees of townreads on.
I honestly just cannot really get past this. I have some reason or another to think that pretty much everyone alive is town at this point and i can't meaningfully compare them in a game this small when there's a slot who hasn't posted anything.

I don't think it's lazy to want to lynch gamma right now. It's simply acknowledging that most people alive look varying amounts town and then going "hmmmm".

I don't think parama's a great lynch right now. I like his reasoning on the transcend flip. I like the way he's pressuring syr, though I don't think syr is a great lynch either. I think his points on transcend are decently strong but I'm still not sure how I feel about him overall.

There's no one alive right now other than gamma whose lynch doesn't make me feel bad for one reason or another. Granted that is normal for me as town but etc, like I said, I can't really figure out who I want to lynch without gamma having done anything. In particular if transcend is scum gamma is fairly likely his partner i think, as having an afk scumbuddy would explain transcend's frustration.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:08 pm

Post by implosion »

I'm happy to listen WRT tweet if people have points on her other than PoE.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:01 pm

Post by Transcend »

so

tweet lynch sucks

syryana has 0 votes, intents to hammer me, intents to hammer implosion. hammers neither of us

syryana collects votes, and has voted all over the fucking place when wagons arise that aren't him

fucking noose him
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:39 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Syry put his vote on you after your conversation with implosion, where Syry said (still not sure I believe this but for the moment lets assume) that he saw my softing and thought implosion was town. Then Syry removed his vote on you because he didn't trust Kain not to do something silly. Then, Parama removes his vote, I remove mine, wagon dissolves. You even said something like, if you don't want me to die you better unvote before Syry gets back, and sure enough Parama did just that when he started to read you as town.
Syry specifically said he only wanted to lynch you if the game was stalling, which it never really did, so he didn't. You and I and Parama were having a great discussion and I don't find it odd at all that he didn't hammer. I think the motivation there is more town than scum.
His swap to Parama still makes total sense to me - his other scumread now has a vote from a confirmed town, while his first choice is now getting townread by a couple people. Why wouldn't he vote for Parama there as town?

I do agree that Syry's Tweet vote is bizarre and I don't like it. I think at this point Tweet knows that even if she gets to L-1 there's a lot of people here not willing to hammer her so I really don't think a couple of votes are gonna pressure her much at all. I want her to talk more too but I'm doubtful that this plan will do that.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:42 am

Post by Transcend »

i don't mind like wagons per se but like they're all bad, unnecessary votes imo.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Transcend »

oh in tweet's caseother wagons are fine hell even mine was fine but i see literally no orthodox reason for there to be any votes on tweet besides fear.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:44 am

Post by Transcend »

do i even punctuation
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:45 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Nah I agree on the Tweet wagon being weird af but the other votes all made sense to me.
Why is the Parama vote bad? Is it the timing?
If you're correct here I really want to know what it is that tipped you off.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:47 am

Post by Transcend »

it's the timing and the he was arguing the shit out of me, calling me actions bullshit yada yada then parama gains traction and so does syr then syr awkwardly acquiesces to parama while we had a little spat.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:52 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Yeah, Syry wanted you dead and then switched to another player without a ton of explanation. But are you forgetting that Parama did the same thing, and everyone accepted his explanation, that he started townreading you, as perfectly fine?
It seems to me like they did pretty much the same thing - both didn't like you and wanted you dead, then both started to townread you and moved away towards pushing each other instead.
What's the difference between how Parama left your wagon for Syry and how Syry left your wagon for Parama?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:53 am

Post by Transcend »

guh alll answer this shi when im sober
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:56 am

Post by Transcend »

ok actually i can aswer this now it was just a bunch of words but i read

from muscle memory, it was like4 votes me an i don't reammmebr any of the other votes but i don't think there were any substantial wagons pushes on parama at the itme. parama unvoted me and voted syr instead and then came along kain and thnethere were other lynches that were opposing the syr lynch and syr hopped on all of them i think parama's hop-on's have been for much more substantial reasons and they didn't hapepen like when he was getting run up as opposed to syr. syr had like no reasonto vote any of the votes he did like the mt vote is basically a scumclaim to me
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:03 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 456, borkjerfkin wrote:

Votecount 1.11

[4] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, implosion, Parama, Stormcloud)
[1] implosion (CommKnight)
[1] Gamma Emerald (Morning Tweet)
[1] Syryana (Transcend)

[2] Not Voting (KainTepes, Syryana)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-24 22:00:00)
In post 726, borkjerfkin wrote:

Votecount 1.12

[3] Syryana (Transcend, Parama, KainTepes)
[2] Parama (Syryana, Stormcloud)
[1] Transcend (Gamma Emerald)

[2] Not Voting (implosion, CommKnight)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-24 22:00:00)
i wish there were better vote counts, but our mod is lovely, really.

however when i was L-1 parama had 0 votes and then changed to syr

when syr was like l-2, hes' voted parama, then he's again acquiesced to morningtweet.

hope that makes senese
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:07 am

Post by Transcend »

i don't remember if this is true or not but i think kaintepes and possibly you stormcloud voted parama before syr did but the vote counts do not recollect such an event and i'm not searching the game for that
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:08 am

Post by Transcend »

so like syr's votes have not been independently based this gme which imo indicates tactical rather than genuine play
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:56 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Alright, if that's true I definitely wasn't picking up on that. I'm gonna go back through and make a timeline of significant events and see if Syry's vote changes seem suspicious at all to me. I wasn't looking that far back in the game recently.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:56 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Spoiler: My readthrough of major events
VC in 295, before the mason claim
[4] implosion (CommKnight, Transcend, KainTepes, Parama)
[2] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, implosion)
[1] CommKnight (Stormcloud)

[1] Not Voting (Syryana)

Syryana declares intent to declare intent if the game goes nowhere.
Transcend and implosion have a big exchange where implosion really doesn't like anything Transcend says. implosion invites opinions.
Syryana then votes for Transcend rather than hammering implosion.
I claim a little bit harder. Parama says he believes me, votes Transcend, and asks for a hammer.
Post claim VC
[4] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, implosion, Syryana, Parama)
[3] implosion (CommKnight, Transcend, KainTepes)
[1] CommKnight (Stormcloud)

I give intent to hammer. Syry makes some odd posts about my attempted soft. Rereading this, it makes total sense that he picked up on my soft and that was the real reason he didn't hammer implosion. That doesn't make him town, but it does make me think he was telling the truth about that.
KT then unvotes implosion after the claim and also gives intent to hammer Transcend.
Syryana unvotes Transcend because he doesn't trust Kain.
Transcend unvotes implo as well after the full claim. He claims VT.
I vote Transcend, faking a hammer.

VC
[4] Transcend (Gamma Emerald, implosion, Parama, Stormcloud)
[1] implosion (CommKnight)

[3] Not Voting (KainTepes, Syryana, Transcend)

I am very unsure of myself and unvote, putting Transcend back at L-2.
Parama expresses doubt that Transcend's twilight post was real.
Transcend admits it was fake and is frustrated.
I vote for Transcend again. (L-1)
Transcend votes for Syr, he and I have a little conversation.
Parama says he's willing to lynch Syr instead. He does not unvote. (Still L-1)
Syryana comes back into the thread and asks what if Transcend townflips.
He has the chance to hammer Transcend and shut down the wagon on himself, and does not do so. Granted, only 4 minutes pass between Syry's post and Parama's unvote, but he did have the opportunity.
Parama swaps to Syry and implosion also unvotes.

At this point in my readthrough, every single person seems town. Implosion I know is town. Transcend seems very town. Parama's vote switch makes sense to me.

This readthrough is making me suspect Kain quite a lot.
The major things I don't like about Syryana are: posts are very short apart from a couple of initial walls. He doesn't explain much about why he's switching votes. Huge tone shift from the start of the game. I think he is buddying up to me quite a bit. So is KT.

Tweet likes Syry, Transcend trusts Tweet "more than himself" in his own words, yet he SRs Syryana HARD. This is really interesting.

Why is there such a wagon on Syryana over Kain when so many people have expressed suspicion of him? I'd much rather lynch Kain today I think.

At the end of my readthrough, I think it's Kain or Syryana. Possibly both. Would highly prefer a Kain lynch today.
I have another reason why Kain just took a jump on my scum radar but I'm not gonna say yet.
VOTE: Kain Tepes
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:58 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Transcend I'll admit I think I was blaming the timing of Syryana's votes on him being busy (he admits to it at one point). If I knew for a fact he was here 24/7, then yes his timing is suspicious. I didn't check whether he was online at certain times though, and even if he was he could hide that status so there's no way to know whether it's just him being busy or it really is suspicious. But at least I think I understand that angle now.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:03 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Funnily enough, I'm actually reading Syryana's switch to Tweet as town because I think scum would be really self conscious there, especially as he was already being called out and voted on for doing lots of suspiciously timed vote switches. Easily fakeable by scum of course but I honestly kinda like the brazenness.

Tweet's vote still being on Gamma is a little weird. It's been there like all game. He hasn't joined any of the major wagons. Not sure what that means though.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:19 am

Post by KainTepes »

I AM TOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOTE: SYRYRYR
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:44 am

Post by CommKnight »

In post 769, Stormcloud wrote: Tweet's vote still being on Gamma is a little weird. It's been there like all game. He hasn't joined any of the major wagons. Not sure what that means though.
Possible scum trying to lay low. Look through Tweet's posts. There's very few posts that you can draw anything from because she isn't being forced to answer anything herself. Only ask questions. This is NAI. So ask yourself, why do you town read her so much? Is there any post she's made that pops out and says "town" to you?
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:00 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Things I like about Tweet: Great questions, pushed on me early and felt like she was genuinely trying to read me.
Things I don't like about Tweet: Has given some reads, but hasn't changed her vote or really pushed on anyone in particular. If it is something like her and Gamma, she could just be watching as town chases each other's tails right now. But I feel like the more likely motivation is that she really just isn't sure yet.

Transcend's confidence that she is town and his constant praise of her is really weird. I don't see a scum motivation for making sure town listens to a good player later on - she's liable to figure it all out.
Tweet also asked Transcend to stop saying good stuff about her - I think that's a town motivated post as well because scum would love it if the town listened to them later - especially if Transcend later flips town, his posts will be confirmed to be coming from a town standpoint and people will be even more likely to listen to her. So I think asking him to stop is more likely to be town motivated - perhaps she sees it as buddying or isn't very confident in her own reads. If she was scum she could have just totally ignored him and hoped a few town believed his read on her and listened to her on later days.

I agree there are possible scum motivations for Tweet's actions, I just see the town ones as more likely right now.

I also think her not being around much could be just as easily her being busy as her being scummy. This game is very active (...sorry about that lol) and not everyone has the time to post all the time. Like you for instance! But at least you have actually voted :)
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Dealing with something right now and not feeling as excited to play.

Noticed Syry is not pleased with me posting once or twice a day, I agree this isn't optimal so I'll
replace out
as I don't have the time or will to make 100, or even 50 posts a week. The wagon on me hasn't changed this problem, it'll definitely be much better if someone else hops in.

Sorry, bork. You're a pretty cool mod.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:51 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Sorry about your RL stuff and that the game didn't match up with how much available time you had.
I hope to see you again sometime, it was fun :)

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”