Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Any/all

Post Post #2925 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:19 am

Post by Postie »

In post 2920, ɀefiend wrote:I mentioned that I have witnessed people do some pretty unbelievable stuff to win mafia games.
If my family died and I told you about it you could accuse me of having murdered them because "I've heard of people murdering their families before".
Why wouldn't you? Because you have no reason to believe I'm a shitty enough person to do that.

So I'll put this another way - what evidence do you have that what you're alleging is in line with Math's character as a person?

Because I can present you with plenty of evidence of them being an exceptionally kind human being and this therefore not making any sense in the context of what I know of them.
Discourse is fleeting, but junk mail is forever.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2926 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:23 am

Post by JaeReed »

Postie, he's not going to listen to outside this game examples.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2927 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Postie »

That's not even meta though. And my question to him still stands.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2928 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:29 am

Post by Postie »

Or, I mean, I guess it is in some ways, but not in way zefiend's thinking of it. I wouldn't be referring to "stuff Math did in past games".
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2929 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:47 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

the point to me is that it was brought into the game as content and so is in the game as content and while what zefiend is doing might be shady as fuck, it's still totally within the realm of play and therefore are pro-town things to consider, just because you know MB wouldn't do that doesn't make it unreasonable for him to question that aspect of it all, at least to an extent

I didn't want to get into it at the time, but to me, it was a perfectly normal use of "pants" and it seemed VERY over-reactive to get like MB did about it, and it definitely crossed my mind more than once that they could have been using the opportunity to try and get a lynch - so it doesn't matter how many times someone tells me "mb would never do that", a smart player doesn't just say "oh ok" and forget about it

now, zefiend is probably going too far with the DEO push, but, I'm not fully opposed to that slots lynch at this point either, and not sure why people are SO SURE they're town

let's assume The DEO IS scum for a minute: the thing with lycan happens as it does - what do you think MB does IF THEY STILL GENUINELY THINK THEY COULD BE BEING STALKED? do they just ignore it, not make it an issue - and so them making it an issue makes them town? I don't quite follow it all
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2930 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 1914, ɀefiend wrote:
A summary of the case vs DEO is as follows
: SS made a Day 1, Page 1 joke about policy-lynching "Titus" in response to a Titus-joke made by Kuroi. DEO interprets this as SS wanting to seriously policy-lynch the DEO slot. Despite repeated attempts by SS to explain that it was a joke, DEO runs with it for
over 20 pages
as a legitimate reason to lynch SS. DEO uses
personal
meta to substantiate her case, which by definition has no bearing on reading SS. DEO also dismisses Postie's townread of SS numerous times and attempts to counter every response Postie gives questioning the meta-reads.
During all this did you ever once get the feeling that DEO did not 100% believe that said personal meta was a real tell? Because I didn't.
There was conviction there. The push was absolutely awful but the conviction was not, and DEO's push feels like it had a full belief in being right backing it. DEO was treating their tell as a cop guilty, almost, yes, but that's not scummy.
Why do you believe DEO should have felt the need to listen to anyone else's townread of a slot over their own tell they believed they had picked up through their experience playing games up to that point?
Despite Postie, Deimos, and Vedith all asserting that SS's comment was a joke/derpy and should be "let go," DEO does not.
You mean like you're doing right now with everyone who actually knows both heads of The DEO?
DEO also repeatedly defends drealmerz from SS's accusations: drealmerz was the second most vocal person about lynching SS.
Point? When you're pushing on someone you think is scum and other people are also hard pushing with you and seem to have solid points from your point of view, do you not tend towards townreading them and defending them from your scumreads?
My contention here is that DEO ran with the PL thing too long and tried to force it home. I don't see a competent player like Titus doing that as Town.

This is burden of proficiency, and tunnelling isn't inherently scummy as well, it's how the tunnel is happening and how genuine the push is.
Furthermore, talking over Postie and attempting to disrupt SS's legitimate scumhunting efforts is scummy.
Not really. I didn't get the feeling they were trying to disrupt SS's scumhunting efforts. Talking over people isn't scummy, it's just loud.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2931 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:50 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

and I'm not really trying to side with zefiend, I just think it doesn't make so much sense for scum to be doing what he's doing

seems like towny who genuinely thinks bad of MB and, well, as wrong as that is, it doesn't make him scum
balance among all things
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2932 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:56 am

Post by Postie »

In post 2929, drealmerz7 wrote:let's assume The DEO IS scum for a minute: the thing with lycan happens as it does - what do you think MB does IF THEY STILL GENUINELY THINK THEY COULD BE BEING STALKED? do they just ignore it, not make it an issue - and so them making it an issue makes them town? I don't quite follow it all
No, of course not, but I don't think they'd continue to address the issue in the way they did after the slot was lynched. I'll try and dig up some more quotes.
Either way though, this isn't what zefiend has been arguing. I might have understood if this was his line of thought. But it's not. He's straight-up arguing that this was faked reasoning, while trying to skirt around the implications of what that means.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2933 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:57 am

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2929, drealmerz7 wrote:the point to me is that it was brought into the game as content and so is in the game as content and while what zefiend is doing might be shady as fuck, it's still totally within the realm of play and therefore are pro-town things to consider, just because you know MB wouldn't do that doesn't make it unreasonable for him to question that aspect of it all, at least to an extent

I didn't want to get into it at the time, but to me, it was a perfectly normal use of "pants" and it seemed VERY over-reactive to get like MB did about it, and it definitely crossed my mind more than once that they could have been using the opportunity to try and get a lynch - so it doesn't matter how many times someone tells me "mb would never do that", a smart player doesn't just say "oh ok" and forget about it

now, zefiend is probably going too far with the DEO push, but, I'm not fully opposed to that slots lynch at this point either, and not sure why people are SO SURE they're town

let's assume The DEO IS scum for a minute: the thing with lycan happens as it does - what do you think MB does IF THEY STILL GENUINELY THINK THEY COULD BE BEING STALKED? do they just ignore it, not make it an issue - and so them making it an issue makes them town? I don't quite follow it all
!!See, this is a good post!

Yes, MathBlade would still make an issue of it if they genuinely thought they were being stalked. But you end up with one of three scenarios here:
1) MathBlade as scum knows Lycanfire is town and so is probably not stalking, but has a neighbourhood with someone - in this case their push is fishing for neighbourhood information.
2) MathBlade as scum knows Lycanfire is town, believes Lycan has been stalking them, and reports him.
3) MathBlade as scum knows Lycanfire is town, realizes that Lycan's use of pants is probably just a coincidence, and tries to push it to a lynch.

Now in all three of these scenarios... MathBlade made the following post after Lycanfire flipped:
In post 2088, The DEO wrote:I don't see any other option and that is what freaks me out about this game. I am a bullheaded hated player. No one listens or follows what I do. It is why I can't get invested because every time I try I get creeped out when I reread.

~~Math
Which is what we're arguing is out of character for MathBlade's personality.
Making this post means that as scum they're trying to manipulate people emotionally to townread them in a more subtle way than I even believe they even would have thought of doing as scum.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2934 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:58 am

Post by Postie »

In post 2932, Postie wrote:faked reasoning
Well, it'd be faked either way if Math were scum, but you know what I mean.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2935 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

what if MB is 3p scum or is GS and thought lycan could be 3p scum?
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2936 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

The DEO, rather
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2937 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:59 am

Post by drealmerz7 »

unless that is JR scumslipping that he knows there isn't any 3p scum...
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2938 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2931, drealmerz7 wrote:and I'm not really trying to side with zefiend, I just think it doesn't make so much sense for scum to be doing what he's doing

seems like towny who genuinely thinks bad of MB and, well, as wrong as that is, it doesn't make him scum
I don't think I've ever said zefiend is scum for it though. Just wrong.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2939 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:01 pm

Post by Postie »

What's GS?
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2940 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2937, drealmerz7 wrote:unless that is JR scumslipping that he knows there isn't any 3p scum...
Lol. Think about what you just said, and what information scum are privvy to this game, and realize why this is actually really amusing.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2941 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:05 pm

Post by Titus »

God, Drealmerz, you make me want to throw you off a cliff. My tell was wrong. I get it. Give it a rest. Math thinks you're scum for it. I however know you are capable of such ignorant play.

What do you think of my troll vote on FA?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2942 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:06 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 2925, Postie wrote:
In post 2920, ɀefiend wrote:I mentioned that I have witnessed people do some pretty unbelievable stuff to win mafia games.
If my family died and I told you about it you could accuse me of having murdered them because "I've heard of people murdering their families before".
Why wouldn't you? Because you have no reason to believe I'm a shitty enough person to do that.

So I'll put this another way - what evidence do you have that what you're alleging is in line with Math's character as a person?

Because I can present you with plenty of evidence of them being an exceptionally kind human being and this therefore not making any sense in the context of what I know of them.
I already asked nicely here
In post 2903, ɀefiend wrote:
I'm going to shut up now so I don't get modkilled or force-replaced but if anyone tries to push meta at me again I'm gonna have to quit this game. KEEP IT TO THE CONTEXT OF THIS GAME WHEN TALKING TO ME, PLEASE.
So now I will politely ask you TO FUCK OFF.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2943 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

I'm gonna respond to JaeReed's posts about my case and then step away from this game.
Postie
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Postie
Any/all
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2944 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 pm

Post by Postie »

Wow.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2945 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2939, Postie wrote:
What's GS?
groupscum
balance among all things
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2946 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:09 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

In post 2941, Titus wrote: What do you think of my troll vote on FA?
not serious enough!
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2947 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:17 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 2935, drealmerz7 wrote:what if MB is 3p scum or is GS and thought lycan could be 3p scum?
You're still arguing they continue to AtE about it rather than just avoid rereading, possibly report the creepy action, and try to pick up something to push that's current.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2948 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:18 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

nahnnahh I don't mean to be arguing that

I'm just saying, those points are missing from your post
balance among all things
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2949 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:22 pm

Post by JaeReed »

Oh, I mean... I was trying to make my point more than list every single scenario one could possibly ever think of.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”