Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1100  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:10 pm

In post 1099, cassielle wrote:grey has contributed little to nothing of substance to the discussion at all aside from responding to some interrogation from rask.

You're right. I'm keeping my mouth shut to avoid distracting from the wagon on you.

Dividing town's attention is the best way to let scum off the hook.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1101  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:46 pm

In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

How much digging?
deranged and incoherent
?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1102  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:47 pm

Did you dig past november 26?
deranged and incoherent
?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1103  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:52 pm

Oh yeah, if there's a BP they should claim.
deranged and incoherent
?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1104  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:09 pm

What a tough game.
deranged and incoherent
?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1105  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:16 pm

In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I am 100% positive that Schadd is town here and I have only once been wrong on a townread of this nature and it was on someone who basically stalked my mafia play for months to understand how to beat me. Raskol is confirmed. Mattblack is probably town.

How do you townread schadd more than matt?
deranged and incoherent
?

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1106  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:23 pm

idk, I don't really feel Cassielle is scum.
Save the Wall-Es

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1107  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:24 pm

Is that because you're scum creature?
deranged and incoherent
?

Creature
Of Habit
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1108  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:25 pm

I don't see RC and Cass partnered together, even if RC has the fame of superbussing. Though, I feel Cass is the town and RC is the scum.
Save the Wall-Es

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1109  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:42 pm

In post 1107, Raskolnikov wrote:Is that because you're scum creature?


hey actually if this is not a sarcastic question

can you (and RC) give thoughts on my creature meta?

in no way, shape, or form does this read as a scumgame of creature

like after Bee Movie mafia i'm confident i can pick out scum!creature after 3-5 non-IC posts and creature's ISO still reads as a town!creature one

if i'm wrong i'd like to know why at least so i'm not giving a hard townread undeservedly

i realize that's one game but remember i skimmed through all of his micro games to make my RVS vote for that game so I'd like to think i have SOME familiarity with creature's personality

if this is scum!creature then he has significantly improved his ability to mimic his townplay and i'm honestly impressed

Creature wrote:I don't see RC and Cass partnered together, even if RC has the fame of superbussing. Though, I feel Cass is the town and RC is the scum.


also creature if it's not casielle who would rc's theoretical partner be

mostly because i have at least some reason to think all of the other slots are town (rc included, if i squint really hard i can see how he might be town but his explanation for 921 still gives me flashbacks to my newbie so ???)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1110  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:43 pm

this game honestly feels like a fever dream
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1111  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:46 pm

You brought it up way too early...
deranged and incoherent
?

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1112  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:48 pm

i brought it up early in the game where i caught him with it though and it still worked so idk

no offense to creature because i think highly of his townplay but i honestly don't think he's able to camouflage his scumplay even after his tells are directly pointed out

do you think the point though are wrong/not applicable?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1113  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:52 pm

He's played with me before and he knows I would be interested in sorting him at the beginning so him putting a bit of effort there to fool me is reasonable

The game I played where he was scum he did enough to make him not a d1 thing and then killed me n1
deranged and incoherent
?

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1114  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:53 pm

brb gonna actually read wave then
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1115  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:54 pm

I really don't care about other people's assessments of other people's meta, especially when they might be scumpartners.
If I were to link every game where someone was 100% SURE SOMEONE WAS TOWN CUZ FRIENDS AND META and they were dead wrong and after game it's like WELP I FUCKED THAT UP SRY then the same shit happens game after game.
I do not townread Creature and I am not going to write them off as town because you say that they are town.

@Raskolnikov Grey is an alt with someone who I have experience with and I don't want to go into any more detail on the subject.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1116  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:57 pm

there's a difference between saying "guys trust my read" and "tell me where i'm wrong" though

there's no point in telling someone to trust my read because that doesn't progress the gamestate at all

asking you to explain why your read is different actually does and is what i'm actually looking for
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1117  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm

In post 1115, RadiantCowbells wrote:@Raskolnikov Grey is an alt with someone who I have experience with and I don't want to go into any more detail on the subject.

False, and that is a terrible assumption.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1118  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:58 pm

speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1119  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm

As for Schadd, he is obviously attempting to solve the game in a large number of posts. His read progression and play aligns near exactly. I do not see that from anyone else, including Matt.

Post by gigabyteTroubadour » less than a minute ago

there's a difference between saying "guys trust my read" and "tell me where i'm wrong" though

there's no point in telling someone to trust my read because that doesn't progress the gamestate at all

asking you to explain why your read is different actually does and is what i'm actually looking for


The answer to where you're wrong, assuming town, is that Creature knows exactly what you're looking for to townread him and did exactly that.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1120  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 6:59 pm

Sorry Grey but I'm not a literal dumbfuck and it's really obvious.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1121  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 pm

well you know what they say everybody lies right
deranged and incoherent
?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1122  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 pm

but anyways
deranged and incoherent
?

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1123  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:01 pm

plus i kind of made it more obvious :shifty:

RadiantCowbells wrote:

there's a difference between saying "guys trust my read" and "tell me where i'm wrong" though

there's no point in telling someone to trust my read because that doesn't progress the gamestate at all

asking you to explain why your read is different actually does and is what i'm actually looking for


The answer to where you're wrong, assuming town, is that Creature knows exactly what you're looking for to townread him and did exactly that.


i mean fair point

but what about his play is scummy to you? this is where I'm trying to get this line of questioning to go
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1124  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:03 pm

In post 1121, Raskolnikov wrote:well you know what they say everybody lies right

I never lie.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games