Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1125  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:06 pm

I have literally no desire to build cases atm. I will get back to this game.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1126  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

aight cool

grey talk to me
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1127  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:07 pm

woah woah

why build a case if you aren't sure who the scum is?
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

RadiantCowbells
People tried
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1128  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:08 pm

In post 1127, Raskolnikov wrote:woah woah

why build a case if you aren't sure who the scum is?


That's why I have literally no desire to build cases.
If you're Macho and someone tries to rolestop you, you never realise you're being targeted for a kill, so your machismo never gets challenged

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1129  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 pm

In post 1126, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:aight cool

grey talk to me

Wassup girlfriend?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1130  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:11 pm

In post 1118, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1131  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:12 pm

In post 1130, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1118, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me

With my EYES!
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1132  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:14 pm

In post 1131, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1130, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1118, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me

With my EYES!


you're killing me here grey

lemme just rephrase this

do you think i'm casielle's partner? if casielle were to flip town how would that impact your town/scumread on me?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1133  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:18 pm

In post 1130, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1118, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me

I'm reading you as town. I just think you're confbiasing a bit.

That said, I'm likely to sheep RC if Cass flips scum because no way does scum enter the game power-bussing the way RC came in screaming for cass' head. He's pretty much conftown when she flips red.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1134  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:20 pm

lol
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1135  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:21 pm

You were townreading me D1 too, right? Do you remember exactly why?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1136  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:22 pm

grey who is cass partner?
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1137  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:24 pm

lets assume for a moment im town (because well). point me at an ISO here, because ive been reading all of them over and over in circles for ages now and i am out of ideas. i need a fresh perspective or at least an impetus, something

id rather not go down with my last words being "well, i think schadd_ might be scum but other than that i got nothing guys"

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1138  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:26 pm

In post 1135, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:You were townreading me D1 too, right? Do you remember exactly why?

Iirc, you seemed to be the one actually driving the game forward.

When you reconsider your reads, you do so through an objective lens, not like Cass who paints someone as scummy as possible to shop for a wagon.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1139  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:28 pm

In post 1137, cassielle wrote:lets assume for a moment im town (because well). point me at an ISO here, because ive been reading all of them over and over in circles for ages now and i am out of ideas. i need a fresh perspective or at least an impetus, something

id rather not go down with my last words being "well, i think schadd_ might be scum but other than that i got nothing guys"

find grey's partner
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1140  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:28 pm

In post 1137, cassielle wrote:lets assume for a moment im town (because well). point me at an ISO here, because ive been reading all of them over and over in circles for ages now and i am out of ideas. i need a fresh perspective or at least an impetus, something

id rather not go down with my last words being "well, i think schadd_ might be scum but other than that i got nothing guys"

find grey's partner
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1141  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:29 pm

In post 1138, -Grey- wrote:Iirc, you seemed to be the one actually driving the game forward.

When you reconsider your reads, you do so through an objective lens


i mean

if i'm just saying "whelp everyone's town TB/rakkar" is it actually driving the game forward?

and more on the second part pls
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1142  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

In post 1141, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:if i'm just saying "whelp everyone's town TB/rakkar" is it actually driving the game forward?

No, and I don't see where you got that was what my post indicated in the slightest.
In post 1141, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:and more on the second part pls

Like, you actually ask questions about things to rebuild your read. You don't just make a huge scum wall post and put the onus on the other guy to defend against it.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1143  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:36 pm

In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

So what would be characteristic?
Even though you can't bring up examples, you could still summarize it right?
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1144  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:38 pm

In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I have only once been wrong on a townread of this nature and it was on someone who basically stalked my mafia play for months to understand how to beat me.

this sounds like a lie
In post 1119, RadiantCowbells wrote:The answer to where you're wrong, assuming town, is that Creature knows exactly what you're looking for to townread him and did exactly that.

mm. especially considering:
In post 16, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:early game I don't like to give reasoning for most of my actuons because it helps develop my reads

...and i vaguely remember them making some other argument about hiding that sort of information (maybe with cass?) that i can't find
In post 1131, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1130, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 1118, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:speaking of grey

i'm kind of curious how he's actually reading me

With my EYES!

fart off
In post 1133, -Grey- wrote:That said, I'm likely to sheep RC if Cass flips scum because no way does scum enter the game power-bussing the way RC came in screaming for cass' head. He's pretty much conftown when she flips red.

that whole most cunning manipulator accolade isn't really doing him any favors, though
newbie 1950, day 2 mini normal 2088. day 5. check out my micro in signups perhaps ? mystery box of silver six.
todays featured user: Papa Zito

what love got to do with it when you don't love yourself?

gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: May 30, 2016
Location: New Jersey, the Armpit of the United States
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1145  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:40 pm

In post 1142, -Grey- wrote:No, and I don't see where you got that was what my post indicated in the slightest.


but that's basically the summary of my D1 ISO... am i wrong about that :shifty: ?

on the second point is that just in reference to this conversation we're having or am i forgetting an example of something from D1?

this game is actually like a fever dream i literally cannot remember anything and rereading it and trying to relive it just gives me a headache and i can't focus on it (especially once casielle starts posting walls) so like me rereading the game is going to have to wait a week when i'm actually a functional human being

schadd_ do NOT bring that up oh my god (the cunning manipulator banner)
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1146  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 pm

lol if we lynched rc solely for having that title he probably quits playing again :giggle:
deranged and incoherent
mutters something about missing methyl groups

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1147  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:41 pm

In post 1143, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

So what would be characteristic?
Even though you can't bring up examples, you could still summarize it right?

I don't bus.

It's a stupid tactic that is overused when a little dancing could avoid a scum lynch 99% of the time.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

schadd_
Smooth Operator
Smooth Operator
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: out front
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1148  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

In post 1147, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1143, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

So what would be characteristic?
Even though you can't bring up examples, you could still summarize it right?

I don't bus.

It's a stupid tactic that is overused when a little dancing could avoid a scum lynch 99% of the time.

that's not real
newbie 1950, day 2 mini normal 2088. day 5. check out my micro in signups perhaps ? mystery box of silver six.
todays featured user: Papa Zito

what love got to do with it when you don't love yourself?

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1149  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:44 pm

In post 1148, schadd_ wrote:
In post 1147, -Grey- wrote:
In post 1143, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

So what would be characteristic?
Even though you can't bring up examples, you could still summarize it right?

I don't bus.

It's a stupid tactic that is overused when a little dancing could avoid a scum lynch 99% of the time.

that's not real

Your face isn't real.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games