Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

Creature
Transparent
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1200  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:56 pm

"would also help"

aka, I'm seeing both sides of the coin.
Make mafiascum great again

schadd_
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: it is only from within that one can truly digest hammed burger frenchfries
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1201  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:58 pm

In post 1199, cassielle wrote:im considering your wagon. it looks juicier than schadd_'s about now. what the hell?

lord

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1202  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:01 pm

when i got weak reads and then this comes out of nowhere i guess it isnt that hard to overshadow your wagon

but keep in mind that since the start of d2 ive been considering yours most highly of all schadd_, so its a p big change from my side of things lol

schadd_
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: December 28, 2016
Location: it is only from within that one can truly digest hammed burger frenchfries
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1203  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:04 pm

In post 1202, cassielle wrote:when i got weak reads and then this comes out of nowhere i guess it isnt that hard to overshadow your wagon

but keep in mind that since the start of d2 ive been considering yours most highly of all schadd_, so its a p big change from my side of things lol

it's less that (though that's silly) and more that "juiciest" is evasive and you're spooked by your own read

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1204  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:09 pm

yeah because ive been dismissing the arguments against the meta but here it is, the meta looks wrong, and ill never again trust a supposedly foolproof meta

should have learned that lesson when i learned the one about metas in general

and "juicier" in this contest should be understood like talking about fruit: i expect a squeeze on x wagon to get more juice (i.e., higher probability of scum flip) than one on y wagon

i hope that stops it from being evasive?

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1205  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 9:33 pm

just read through creature's ISO

@gbT and rask: could you do me a favor? ignore creature d1 and take a look over his d2 for me in the ISO? want to make sure im not seeing things -- again -- and you two know creature meta

is creature's first d2 post

Aeronaut
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: September 08, 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1206  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:14 pm

- VoteCount 2.4 -
With 8 players still alive, it's 5 to lynch!


[L-5] mattblackguy -
[L-3] -Grey- - Raskolnikov, Creature
[L-5] schadd -
[L-5] RadiantCowbells -
[L-5] Raskolnikov -
[L-5] gigabyteTroubadour -
[L-4] Creature - RadiantCowbells
[L-2] Cassielle --Grey, schadd_

Not Voting - mattblackguy, gigabyteTroubadour, Cassielle

Day 2 ends in (expired on 2017-01-28 20:00:00)
4-8-15-16-23-42

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1207  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:17 pm

rc's hammer in 921 and me not really jiving with his logic when he explained it just gives me flashbacks to my newbie where he talked me out of pushing for a NL in a 6 player mylo with a claimed, un-shot BP because he was totally going to get nk'd and no one would listen to his reads (despite the fact that i was basically his and kraska's lapdog that game because i didn't really know how to alignment read that well) and i just kind of lapped it up

like i said i want to call bullshit on rc thinking that he could possibly be the N1 kill after you claimed making his hammer pointless when i needed more time (basically to make sure i wasn't like this during D2), which makes me think scum motivation


You have played 1 game with me before now. I complain about getting NKed as scum because I am literally permadead as town. If you are going to argue that I have a scum meta of using 'OH I MIGHT BE DEAD TONIGHT' to justify decisions that I 1) would have done the exact same thing as town and 2) did do as town, I will just vote you.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1208  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 16, 2017 10:19 pm

Like if this game reaches 6 way I'm going to refuse to NL and so should you.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

cassielle
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: January 07, 2017
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1209  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:22 pm

im trying to get reads atm by discarding the front half of d1 where everyone sort of blends in but the lurk slots.

fun ISOs, good reading: creature d2, schadd_

i have a hard read again! radiant is pretty towny from where im sitting. i DEEPLY DISAGREE with his gameplay and reads for the most part but i cant find a scum motivation, a lot of heavy town motivation falls out of it. reading it as if confscum makes it an empty ISO outside of a couple "AHA" standouts that fall apart under further scrutiny, where the opposite reading has me sort of nodding my head even tho i cringe at choices being made now and then. more meat with town-read, empty calories with scum-read, i recommend trying it yourself

also this is consistent with my shade read so im happier with this than my prior "i dont like the day ending early and i disagree with this gameplay" read. now i wont say radiant is obvtown, because no, definitely not -- but itd take a really big change in character or an insanely good argument to change my mind here

gbT still just, i have no good reads. its not even like its a content-free ISO, its just that to read either alignment makes me want to discard fully half of their ISO as NAI, and they arent the SAME parts. leaning ever so slightly town. someone convince me on this either way

mbg reads scummy as stated before but i dont feel strongly enough about it to say "oh hes nullscum in my reads" -- no, just null, the scumminess assumes noobscum or ultrabadscum and if im letting noobscum be a valid argument (considering noobplayer) then noobtown is equally valid and the whole thing falls apart with that

i want rask and gbT to examine creature's d2 iso. esp rask because conftown. i also want gbT's explanation of schadd_ townread because its inexplicable to me

i also want rask and radiant to put out a current, up-to-date readslist no matter how weak, i want to try and see where theyre coming from and focus on those parts, because im pretty sure theyre town and that feels like a really good place to start when i have no conviction in most of my current reads

Creature
Transparent
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1210  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:33 pm

Still wonder if someone's townreading -Grey- and why or they're just ignoring him.
Make mafiascum great again

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Location: Heaven
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1211  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:34 pm

In post 1143, Raskolnikov wrote:
In post 1095, RadiantCowbells wrote:I did some digging and it would be insanely uncharacteristic of Grey to replace in and hard bus a scumbuddy.

So what would be characteristic?
Even though you can't bring up examples, you could still summarize it right?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
slightly deranged
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1212  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:36 pm

In post 1150, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could

it's totally real


seems about accurate.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Location: Heaven
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1213  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:38 pm

hmmmmmmm
slightly deranged
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1214  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Idk I'm just not motivated to post anything because I don't really see the path to winning this game atm.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Location: Heaven
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1215  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:39 pm

well, I guess I could resort to lynching the hardest to read slots
slightly deranged
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1216  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Which is Creature because he's spent this entire game disengaging and deflecting and my lack of certainty on anyone else being scum heavily points to him being scum.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Location: Heaven
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1217  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:41 pm

how does a creature-gray team look?

thats what I was wondering when I asked about greys partners
slightly deranged
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1218  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:42 pm

It's also possible I'm just flat out wrong on a read somewhere and most of my null-nullscum pool is town.

I'm going to look at some scumteam possibilities and see if anything pops out.

I've thought about that, especially since it looks like he's trying to connect the two of us as a scumteam. If Grey's scum I'm positive it's between Creature/Cass.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1219  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:43 pm

In post 1217, Raskolnikov wrote:how does a creature-gray team look?

thats what I was wondering when I asked about greys partners

Granted I don't bus, but do you really think I'd hard townread my partner and refuse to say why?

Wouldn't that raise more questions than it would answer? Why would I want to do that as scum?
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1220  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Gigabyte/Grey actually makes sense too.
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 15, 2015
Location: Heaven
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1221  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Just to be absolutely clear, no one is claiming BP right?
slightly deranged
"How did this game end in 5 pages"

RadiantCowbells
Smooth Criminal
 
User avatar
Joined: February 24, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1222  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Cassielle / Grey
Cassielle / Creature +
Cassielle / MattBlack
Gigabyte / Creature ++
Gigabyte / Schadd +
Gigabyte / Grey
Creature / MattBlack ?
Ask yourself, what would Keyser Soze do?

Creature
Transparent
 
User avatar
Joined: January 26, 2016
Location: Lands of Fire
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1223  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 pm

idrk why it should.
Make mafiascum great again

-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: November 26, 2016
Location: Isle of View

Post Post #1224  (ISO)  » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:50 pm

In post 1220, RadiantCowbells wrote:Gigabyte/Grey actually makes sense too.

I'm getting tired of your shit.

VOTE: RC

Make a case or eat rope.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games