Micro 676: Bill Wurtz Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:35 pm

Post by Parama »

@mod if gamma doesn't post today can you PLEASE replace him. He is stalling the entire game and it's unfair for a slot to be literally unreadable this deep into the game due to lack of posting
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:36 pm

Post by Parama »

(If i were mod tbh i would have replaced him right away but whatever)
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:45 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 850, Parama wrote:@mod if gamma doesn't post today can you PLEASE replace him. He is stalling the entire game and it's unfair for a slot to be literally unreadable this deep into the game due to lack of posting
Yes. I sent him a pm this morning saying as much.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
beefycheese
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Post by CommKnight »

Honestly as much as I dislike the fact he V/LA'd pretty much the first real day of the game. That wasn't the kicker, it's been almost 24 hours since he posted on the forum and not a single word from him yet, that's what's bothering me.

But anyway, pending that,
Intention to vote Syr in 24 hours from now whether or not it's the hammer.

If Gamma doesn't post by then, tomorrow I'm straight up lynching that slot. If he's scum letting two flips go by without ability to read that slot would give it unfair advantage if it is scum.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:26 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 853, CommKnight wrote:But anyway, pending that, Intention to vote Syr in 24 hours from now whether or not it's the hammer.
Considering you're voting for me already, what's the point of this?
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:36 pm

Post by Stormcloud »

CommKnight is not currently voting for anyone, I believe.
Syry is at L-2 right now with CloudKicker, Transcend and Kain Tepes voting for him.
Parama unvoted to ensure no lolhammers and wait for Gamma or a replacement.
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:40 pm

Post by Stormcloud »

CommKnight, you said yourself that the masons are "safer than ever" tonight. You're being pretty widely townread. What if you die in the night and aren't alive to lynch Gamma?
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Syryana »

In post 855, Stormcloud wrote:CommKnight is not currently voting for anyone, I believe.
Cloudkicker != commknight, hurr I'm a durr
In the timeless words of a great and revered man: "Blow it out your ass."
A hydra of Rift Adrift, Oil Tycoons and Trust Fund. "In the Oil Rift we Trust."
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:11 pm

Post by Stormcloud »

Yeah I realized pretty quickly that I have to stop saying CK...
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:14 pm

Post by Stormcloud »

I'm so sad that right as the game picks up again I'm gonna be low access :(
@mod V/LA from the 19th to the 24th.
I'll try and remember to put a banner on myself on Thursday. I will check in at least once during the weekend and I'll get notified if the day ends by my phone so I'll be able to check the flip and chat with implo a little bit. I'll be back before deadline but I don't see it dragging out that long.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.15

[3] Syryana (Transcend, KainTepes, CloudKicker)
[1] KainTepes (Stormcloud)
[1] Transcend (Gamma Emerald)

[4] Not Voting (implosion, CommKnight, Syryana, Parama)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2017-01-24 22:00:00)
beefycheese
CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:12 pm

Post by CommKnight »

In post 856, Stormcloud wrote:What if you die in the night and aren't alive to lynch Gamma?
Then I suppose someone else can push it.
KainTepes
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
KainTepes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:32 pm

Post by KainTepes »

gumma is a flakeumma
I AM KAIN TEPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"I am afraid of SAYING HIS NAME!!!!" - Toto

"why be a better mafia player, when you can be a better KAIN TEPES???" - Vi
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by implosion »

When I get motivation my first thing to do will be to elucidate what strikes me as town about syryana.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 6:53 pm

Post by implosion »

and/or reread him in general.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

Welp
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by Parama »

germa emereleed
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:36 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Replacing Gamma Emerald.
beefycheese
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:12 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Golden Robster replaces Gamma Emerald
beefycheese
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:18 am

Post by Golden Robster »

CommKnight
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
CommKnight
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:39 am

Post by CommKnight »

Extending my vote cast for 1-2 days, pending on how much content Golden posts.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:29 am

Post by Parama »

BASICALLY
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Golden Robster »

pg 1 - 5
In post 16, CommKnight wrote:
In post 14, implosion wrote:
Unvote

VOTE: CommKnight
Hmmm, interesting play. However there's a few problems that need an explanation.
  • There is no explanation for your immediate switch. I assume you'll say because I joined some band wagon or that putting someone at L2 this early is "scummy". Both terrible reasons. Do not forget, you also voted for him, thus any unvote warrants that you randomly voted as a poor joke vote or to seem active in the first stage of the Day 1. I gave my reason for putting him at L2.
  • By unvoting you take away someone from claiming and having real discussion happen for the rest of Day 1. Thus you are looking to stall such discussion. This is evident by your lack of reasoning when unvoting and voting me. You still haven't even said anything. But hey, let's try to look active.
  • Mixing your lack of reasoning for either votes and your want for a delayed discussion, you have failed. For you are now being called out.
While I would've been happy for a claim from the first one, your behaviour dictates that you are stalling the game. Stalling is motivated only by scum. You like to make sure it's the last possible second before we have someone at L2 so town either is forced to no lynch or lynch an innocent townie.

Therefore, you have earned this.
UNVOTE: Transcend
VOTE: Implosion

There is little to no real leads Day Ones. But i am happy enough with my analysis of your behaviour to lock this vote in. It is not leaving without a claim.
even though you're trying to start discussion feels ew
In post 25, Syryana wrote:Fast RVS = good RVS. Implosion, Kain, and Comm are all town.
absolutely wrong, one scum in kain and comm at the least u feel me spaghetti comprehende?
In post 30, Parama wrote:current impression is that Comm is town but very misguided. dunno about anyone else.
fine
In post 68, Morning Tweet wrote:
@Stormy
In post 56, Stormcloud wrote:I'd like to revise my read on CK - I still believe all the claiming/RVS confusion is NAI, but I dislike his confidence that the first person to vote on him must be scum.
There is little to no real leads Day Ones. But i am happy enough with my analysis of your behaviour to lock this vote in. It is not leaving without a claim.
It's really odd to me that after not even one page of discussion, CK says he is never moving his vote unless implosion claims. Town should be willing to change their mind - not easily or extremely often, but tunneling to the point of never claiming you'll never change your vote unless that person claims a role, on page 1 of the entire game, is a little odd.
I suppose town should be willing to change their mind, sure. Buuut let's take a look at how CK viewed the game at that point.
In post 16, CommKnight wrote:By unvoting you take away someone from claiming and having real discussion happen for the rest of Day 1. Thus you are looking to stall such discussion. This is evident by your lack of reasoning when unvoting and voting me. You still haven't even said anything. But hey, let's try to look active.

While I would've been happy for a claim from the first one, your behaviour dictates that you are stalling the game. Stalling is motivated only by scum. You like to make sure it's the last possible second before we have someone at L2 so town either is forced to no lynch or lynch an innocent townie.

CK believes real discussion requires claimed PRs. Therefore, if you purposefully slow down progress on getting a claim, you're stalling discussion. Since there is no town motivation to do this, implosion must be scum. CK believes there are little to no 'real' leads day one so this is a pretty substantial reason to votepark someone.
In post 56, Stormcloud wrote:I read through the thread twice assuming I was town!CK and scum!CK and I found the confidence he had really unnerving - perhaps I'm just a less confident player than him, but I don't like the sense of surety at all.
This doesn't feel like genuine reasoning to me. How do you know CK would play more confidently as scum? His confidence does make me feel like he truly believed in his case, though.

@Comm
In post 51, CommKnight wrote:As I said, I'm comfortable with my earlier analysis. Implosion is definitely worth looking into at this point. Although there are people who have yet to contribute and we'll see what happens with them.
Surely you're not refering to your initial analysis and vote on Implosion?
In post 46, Transcend wrote:Comm: even if i got ran up to L-1, i wouldn't claim there. The idea is to give scum as little info as possible because they already know everyone's alignment. So a claim from me isn't gonna help especially if I'm a very important role and being ran up for no reason.
How do you feel about this radical idea?
??? what is the point of this ???
In post 74, Syryana wrote:K so long day at work quick thoughts before I go to bed.

I like Stormcloud. I like Tweet (I think).

I like implosion less, some things he said are making my spider senses tingle.

Kain read deteriorated somewhat. Still like Comm.

Will be more specific tomorrow, if I can be arsed.

P.S. Setup spec is worthless atm
u like everybody fam; kain deteriorated? why
In post 95, Transcend wrote:Okay I tr Tweet and Comm so fmpov this leaves 15 teams.

implo
syr
gamma
kain
parama
storm

1. Gamma-implo
2. Gamma-Kain
3. Gamma-Parama <------ low key hope this is the scum team due to the rhymes ahahahahahaajaajhjhajahaj
4. Gamma-Storm
5. Gamma-Syr
6. implo-Kain
7. implo-Parama
8. implo-Storm
9. implo-Syr
10. Kain-Parama
11. Kain-Storm
12. Kain-Syr
13. Parama-Storm
14. Parama-Syr
15. Storm-Syr

I don't think scum!implo and scum!kain run up the same obvtown slot this early inthe game as a duo. So imo 6 is not likely

I do usually attract at least one scum vote on each of my mislynches, since I'm a force to be reckoned with, but I usually don't have the entire scum team dumped on me right away. This makes me not want to consider 7 either

I don't think Parama defends his partner and votes the person that makes a vote on him So that eliminates duo #13.

And now I'm left with 12 duos.
not sure why you're trying to find associatives when nobody has flipped but sure go for it woof woof
Golden Robster
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Golden Robster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:57 am

Post by Golden Robster »

pg 6 - 10
In post 127, Stormcloud wrote:It's kinda funny, I'm reading you more and more town as we chat here, but my reads are near opposite from yours.
Mini little readlist, I do have justifications for these but I don't want to wallpost yet again so I'll leave it shortened for now. Tweet's my strongest read by quite a bit.
Town
Tweet (townread)
Parama (townlean)
implosion (townlean)
Gamma (null)
Transcend (nullscum)
Syryana (nullscum)
KT (nullscum)
Scum

My town reads are relatively stronger than my scumreads right now.
CK is not on the list right now as I'm just really unsure where to put him. I keep going back and forth on it. I don't want to lynch him today.
Current preferred lynch pool (mostly POE) {Transcend, Syryana, KT}
Yeah yeah I know my vote's still on CK, I'm not moving it until I feel a little more confident.
move tweet slightly lower, gamma to the top and syryana to null and we gucci

also place comm at null and put brackets next to his name saying (one scum in kain & comm)
In post 147, Syryana wrote:
In post 25, Syryana wrote:Fast RVS = good RVS. Implosion, Kain, and Comm are all town.
Okay. Let's start with Implosion. I thought implosion's wordless unvote and vote of CommKnight was town as fuck. Scum generally (in my experience) don't have those immediate knee jerk reactions. Implosion's post was also the point where I felt RVS ended (I hate RVS, personally).

CommKnight. Initially I was gonna vote his ass for the claims deal but after reading his subsequent posts (e.g. and ) I felt he did a really good job of explaining why he wanted what he wanted. I don't agree with him, but from the perspective of someone that doesn't know our site meta it makes perfect sense. Also the tone of his posts is towntowntown. He's in an argument with Kain, but he's not pressured and it is clear from his posting that he absolutely feels he's in the right. If he's scum and can fake that, hats off, I'll cheerily lose this game to him. This dude is god-tier town in my list. Caveat: If it comes out that he's an alt from this site (or has history with this site in general), vig/lynch/kill with extreme prejudice.

Kain. I thought the exchange between CK and Kain was reasonably townish (at the time, I'll explain in my second director's cut). Seemed like fairly genuine reactions between the two. Once the initial fight between the two died down I really liked how Kain tried to understand CK.

Time for part 2! Gonna start with mah post and break it down by parts.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:I like Stormcloud. I like Tweet (I think).
I read through page 3 and liked the conversation between Storm and Tweet. I wasn't so fond of the CK jump in but the subsequent conversation between Transcend and Storm felt really natural.

Rereading Tweet today, I fuckin love her and . She pretty much nailed my feelings re: CK.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:I like implosion less, some things he said are making my spider senses tingle.
The following caused my tingling:
In post 35, implosion wrote:I have a somewhat scummy first impression of Kain. The Comm vote looks somewhat awkward/opportunistic simply by virtue of only happening after mine, yet having reasoning that was already available when Kain made post 13. 17 jumps to conclusions, accusing Comm of refusing to take his vote off and tunneling pretty shortly after the vote on Transcend. It looks like jumping on the easy target. The last line of 23 reads as trying to keep options open to switch to a wagon on me if Comm starts being read as town.
This feels like a very forced interpretation of Kain's actions. While I do agree that Kain's initial CK vote wasn't as town as I thought it was given that he was fluffposting prior to making the vote, saying is jumping to conclusions is pretty patently false considering CK had just said in the previous post that he's voteparking until he gets a claim. Kain's definition of tunneling is iffy but I very much disagree that he was jumping to conclusions or jumping on the easy target. I also particularly don't like the last line about "keeping options open" because it looks to me like implosion took it out of context to force the interpretation. To me it's pretty clear that in context Kain is explaining to CK that his(Kain's) issues with the implosion vote aren't because he's(Kain's) townreading implosion but rather that Kain has issues with CK's methodology.

I've been guilty in games past of getting a gut scum vibe and forcing the interpretation like this before, so I'm not treating this as a pure scumtell i.e. OMG SCUM LYNCH IT NAONAONAO. I still like Implosion's earlier posts but this definitely deteriorates the townread.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:Kain read deteriorated somewhat. Still like Comm.
Oh Kain. Long story short, my kneejerk townread of Kain deteriorated when I realized I missed his fluffpost. The thing I liked about Kain is the naturalness of his posting chain with CK and that he didn't react until after implosion's vote really threw a wrench in my mental gears. On reread(rereread?) however I've decided it doesn't bother me enough to stop townreading Kain.

CK is still CK. Haven't seen anything from him that makes me change my mind.
In post 74, Syryana wrote:P.S. Setup spec is worthless atm
This was actually in reference to . It's not setup spec in the usual sense, but trying to guess teams and eliminate teams (which I think is pretty dumb to start with) is REALLY dumb when we have zero information regarding the number of scum etc.

*wipes sweat off forehead* Alright. Time to throw some commentary out there on the new stuff! In another post.
not sure if I read that correctly but you didn't give any scumreads WHERE ARE YOUR SCUMREADS ASDPAOSDAPSD
In post 152, KainTepes wrote:Syryana who are you scumreading,, your long wallpost essentially summarized to townreading everyone you mentioned
kaintepas you utter legend
In post 200, Transcend wrote:I tr tweet, comm, storm

I don't team read Parama
and implosion

I tr Parama
and fos implosion

Eliminating all teams with my 4 town reads, and kain-imp
I'm left with

1. Gamma-imp
2. Gamma-Kain
3. Gamma-Syr
4. Imp-Syr
5. Kain-Syr

5 duos.
???
In post 159, Syryana wrote:
In post 152, KainTepes wrote:Syryana who are you scumreading,, your long wallpost essentially summarized to townreading everyone you mentioned
Yeah,
I tend to townhunt early
on rather than scumhunt unless something really jumps out at me. So far nothing has.

My lynch pool is {Gamma, Transcend, Parama}. I'm leaning towards Gamma at the moment.
fine
Stormcloud
Stormcloud
Goon
Stormcloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:12 am

Post by Stormcloud »

Why do you think there's always one scum in Comm/Kain?
It does seem very likely that they aren't scum together to me, but I could see their early exchange being TvT. Maybe not super likely, but possible. What stuck out to you that made that impossible?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”