new fire emblem fuck yeah.

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:50 am

Post by Vi »

Eh, Conquest is very Skill-reliant (and enemies tend to have blatantly unlikely sets of them) but I don't really agree that they can't be planned around unless you're playing Awakening's Lunatic+.

I like how they add more differentiation between units and shakes the game up from having some statistically overpowered unit let a dozen units bounce off of them (FE4, FE9, FE10).

Don't forget FE7 and FE8 had activated abilities too.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 117, KittyMo wrote:
In post 113, Vi wrote: If we're going to talk about Fates, would you like to guinea-pig an experimental draft format? Random characters with random reclasses in Birthright Lunatic. Crack pairings with wacky kids. Hopefully an enjoyable brand of masochism, for any number of participating players.
/in
I'll give it 24 hours for any further participants (or for you to decide to back out :? ) and then we'll take it to Mish-Mash.

These are the rules, so you know in advance.

Spoiler: Experimental Draft Rules
*Check out all the weird units that get generated!
*Send your draft picks, consisting of ONE Corrin and SEVEN other units, to a neutral third party!
*If you were the only player to pick that person, they're on your team! Otherwise, negotiate with the other players to break conflicts. (72 hours or until everyone is satisfied)

*The winner of the draft is whoever beats the game in the fewest turns! The loser of the draft is everyone who doesn't finish! Everyone else is pretty cool :cool:
*Play Birthright Lunatic using only the units you drafted! Before you enter Ch. 21 (Burning Falls), use unlimited Heart Seals to place everyone in the class you drafted them in!
*You must deploy everyone you're allowed to use! (subject to the maximum number of units allowed on a given map, ofc)
*If you draft someone in an impossible class, you can use a backpack character to get them there; you just can't take them out of that pairing.
*Any kids you get are yours to keep! but they also have final classes they need to be in by Ch. 21.
*No Path Bonuses, no Challenges, no visiting others' Castles, no DLC. You are in a desert valley and, instead of finding water, you are unwrapping a fresh copy of Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright.
*If your drafted unit includes a "freebie", you may use ONE Path Bonus/DLC level. (This is to compensate for how late they come in.)

*Whatever you do until you get My Castle doesn't matter. Doing low-turns or low-units in Ch.s 3, 4, and 5 isn't fun so who cares.
*Turns spent in Paralogues and Invasions don't matter. (The usual draft rule is "the first 20 turns don't count" but unless you plan on doing things like grinding weapon ranks for hours etc.)
*If you can't not deploy someone, you can use them! (e.g. Reina in Ch. 11, or Hana/Subaki in Ch. 7)
*Captured units are yours to keep! (but if things get silly I may change this in a future draft)
*If you do use captured units, you're allowed to advance the clock via whichever means works for you (I think entering and then immediately exiting Challenges does this).
*If you are able to use Takumi, you are allowed to deploy Azura in Birthright 10 to recruit him.
*If you draft Ryoma, you may not use Raijinto as a weapon (but he can have it in his inventory).
*You may add 20 turns to your count to use Ryoma + Raijinto in any one Chapter, whether you have drafted him or not. This is a last resort!
*If all players agree to do so, everyone may shift to Hard Mode.

An example of what the draft pool would look like is as follows:

CHOOSE
ONE
OF THESE:
*Merchant Corrin (M), Sturdy but Sickly: Build 3, Hair 5, Acc 2, Color 19, Face 7, Detail 8, Voice 3, Jan 12
*Master Ninja Corrin (M), Swift but Dull: Build 3, Hair 7, Acc 1, Color 4, Face 7, Detail 5, Voice 2, Jul 3
*Bow Knight Corrin (M), Swift but Clumsy: Build 3, Hair 1, Acc 1, Color 1, Face 4, Detail 9, Voice 1, Jan 18

AND CHOOSE
SEVEN
OF THESE:
*Kinshi Knight Kaze (via Azura, Mozu, Hinoka, or Setsuna)
*Kinshi Knight Hayato (via Azura, Mozu, Hinoka, or Setsuna)
*Master of Arms Mozu
*Sniper Jakob (via Mozu, Setsuna, or Takumi)
*Kinshi Knight Sakura
*Priestess Azura (via Sakura or Azama)
*Onmyoji Hana

*Sniper Jakob (via Mozu, Setsuna, or Takumi) (yes, a second one)
*Mechanist Yukimura + 2 freebies
*Sniper Subaki (via Mozu or Setsuna)
*Sniper Mozu
*Maid Felicia
*Kinshi Knight Hinata (via Azura, Subaki, Mozu, Setsuna, or Takumi)
*Strategist Sakura (via Jakob)

*Onmyoji Hayato
*Spear Master Oboro
*Dark Knight Orochi (via Kaden)

IF YOU HAVE ANY KIDS, THESE ARE THEIR FINAL CLASSES:
*Kana is free as any class!
*Merchant Midori
*Strategist Dwyer
*Onmyoji Shigure
*Falcon Knight Caeldori
*Oni Chieftain Hisame
*Rhajat depends on her mother - Mechanist (Corrin 1), Master Ninja (Corrin 2), Bow Knight (Corrin 3), Sniper (Mozu), Priestess (Sakura), Kinshi Knight (Azura), Master of Arms (Hana), Maid (Felicia), Basara (Oboro)
*Sorcerer Selkie

Each player must exit the draft phase with one Corrin and seven other units. These units cannot be shared with other units. If after 72 hours there are still conflicts, the disputed units will be replaced with random "free" units from the list. If all players agree that they won't be able to resolve their conflict (e.g. if everyone picks that Master Ninja Corrin, which they sure as heck should), a unit can be removed from the pool and replaced.

Let me know if you're okay with this.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:24 am

Post by KittyMo »

I'm assuming we start from the branch of fate?

I actually find the idea of a completely random run more fun than the draft but I will still do it
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Vi »

If you have a branch of fate handy that would be fine. The only real difference is whether you get a few levels on your servant or not (if you pick the opposite-sex Corrin your servant's levels won't transfer).

If you want me to generate a one-player game for you (pick one of two Corrins and seven of nine others) I can do that too.
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by KittyMo »

Ohhh I somehow overlooked "*Whatever you do until you get My Castle doesn't matter. Doing low-turns or low-units in Ch.s 3, 4, and 5 isn't fun so who cares". Very much agreed!

Please hit me with a one player thingy and later I'll let you know if I feel up to doing a draft
Alt of Ariel | MafiaScum wiki volunteer contributor & sysop | Identity (Mish Mash) is back | Speakeasy Secret Santa

"plz don't swear" -- N
"Do people just not appreciate the good old wall of text anymore?" -- Cheery Dog
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by Vi »

In post 129, KittyMo wrote:Please hit me with a one player thingy and later I'll let you know if I feel up to doing a draft
Okay. Heeeere goes:

CHOOSE
ONE
OF THESE...

Hero Corrin, Calm but Weak - Adult Male, Hair 6, Color 10, Face 4, Detail 9, Voice 2, May 23
Master of Arms Corrin, Sturdy but Unlucky - Young Female, Hair 4, Acc 3, Color 21, Face 1, Detail 4, Voice 2, Aug 17

...AND CHOOSE
SEVEN
OF THESE:

Master Ninja Kaze
Oni Chieftain Rinkah
Swordmaster Subaki
Blacksmith Hayato
Bow Knight Shura + 2 freebies
Falcoknight Sakura
Great Master Yukimura + 2 freebies

Master of Arms Ryoma (remember, Raijinto is banned from being used in combat!)
Basara Reina

...and if you get kids, these are their final classes!

Kana is free as any class!
Midori is Oni Chieftain (via Rinkah) / Onmyoji (via Sakura) / Swordmaster (via Corrin 2)
Caeldori is Oni Chieftain (via Rinkah) / Onmyoji (via Sakura) / Swordmaster (via Corrin 2)
Blacksmith Rhajat
Spear Master Shiro

If you go through with it, have fun! If you want my thoughts, here they are...
Spoiler:
What? No crack pairings? Booo. The closest thing the generator gave me was Subaki x Hinata, which... gives Subaki absolutely nothing.

First thing, the second Corrin is the obvious better choice. There's no way we're playing as a Bad Str Hero, and Master of Arms is right next door to Swordmaster.

Of note, Corrin 2 doesn't actually have to take the Samurai talent, since she can get MoA from Ryoma if you want to marry him. (I thought their S support was... kind of suspect, but there has to be a crack pairing in here somewhere.) This may actually be a decent idea, since at least you'll get a loaded Shiro out of it. The kids are... special in this draft, and it's unlikely that any of them other than Shiro and Kana will be worth it beyond having access to their paralogues for easy experience.

As for which units you want to cut... If you take both Shura and Yukimura, you're getting four freebies. That matters a lot more if you have the DLC, as you can dump Dread Fighters and -taker Skills all over the place. (Rinkah in particular wants to go Dread Fighter so she can mitigate the beatdown on Res she'll get in the lategame.) Otherwise you may as well save them for lategame where you can cash them in for using Raijinto in 23, 25, 27, and Endgame or something.

I'd throw Hayato out; he's really tough to train, he'll be working from E Axes, and physical Rhajat is a disaster. The other one you toss is honestly up to you. Lategame is pretty much going to be Corrin, Ryoma, and Shiro versus the world with support characters working backstage. The path of least resistance is probably tossing out Subaki, although you'll lose Caeldori's experience-clogged paralogue for it. Basara Reina is REALLY questionable for lategame (at least she has a good lance rank!) but having her in Kinshi for half of the game probably makes her worth it over Subaki.

So, in total, my first guess at moves would be--
*Ch. 7 - Dread Scroll Rinkah to Dread Fighter, Dread Scroll Kaze to Dread Fighter, Heart Seal Sakura to Sky Knight
*Ch. 14 - Heart Seal Corrin to Talent (Cavalier)
*later - get Ryoma to marry Corrin after a while; Partner Seal Ryoma to Cavalier and Corrin to Swordmaster
*use remaining two Heart Seals to get Rinkah and Kaze back to their original classes and use Master Seals to pump them up well ahead of Lv. 20 so they can get Lethality and Death Blow at a reasonable time
*Ch. 21 - get Kana and do idk
*Ch. 21 - get Shiro, passing down Vantage/Astra/Dragon Fang/Elbow Room/whatever
*Ch. 21 - use loads of money to swap everyone to their final classes before entering Burning Falls
*Ch. 25 - use freebie to get Raijinto
*Ch. 27 - use freebie to get Raijinto
KittyMo
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
KittyMo
Too Sparkly
Too Sparkly

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:30 am

Post by KittyMo »

Cool. Going with Corin 2; dumping Hayato & Yukimura.

"plz don't swear" -- N
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:41 am

Post by Andrius »

How about that Fire Emblem Warriors?

It was a matter of time. I liked DW 7 so Ill withhold judgment until theres more info.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I've never played any variant of DW and I would have preferred a main series game on the Switch

Even though we just got Fates in the summer lul

Idk I like PoR and Radiant Dawn over the recent 3DS games so I kinda want them to go back to a main series release on a home console even though I don't think that will happen :(
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:46 am

Post by Spiffeh »

I kinda went off topic: I will very likely be purchasing Fire Emblem Warriors anyway
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:57 am

Post by Andrius »

Id like a console FE too but it wouldn't be for the WiiU so thats sad.

FE Warriors would honestly depend on which characters make it in. If its balanced across the series, then great. If its Fates and Awakening-heavy Ill pass.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:58 am

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Just a plug in if you've played and loved Fire Emblem you will almost certainly love the Paper Mario series, also by IS.

Thosuand Year Door is by far the best.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:05 am

Post by Andrius »

I played the original Paper Mario and liked it.
Played the second (?) and didn't like it.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:18 am

Post by Vi »

In post 135, Andrius wrote:If its Fates and Awakening-heavy Ill pass.
From what I've heard it will be.

Would you mind letting me know what a Warriors game is like?
Just a plug in if you've played and loved Fire Emblem you will almost certainly love the Paper Mario series, also by IS.
These series are of different genres entirely.

Not that the first two Paper Mario games weren't good, although you have to take them for what they are.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Andrius »

In post 138, Vi wrote:
In post 135, Andrius wrote:If its Fates and Awakening-heavy Ill pass.
From what I've heard it will be.

Would you mind letting me know what a Warriors game is like?
I mean, it makes sense since older games don't have voice actors. Still disappointing though.

DW is a different genre. Its not really tactical. The best part of DW7 was the different characters and weapons and routesl-related story, but individual battles dont exactly have a ton of tactical depth besides kill these people take that point kill that boss rinse repeat.

I think Hyrule Warriors may be a better comparison since Nintendo but I know little about it.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:27 am

Post by Andrius »

Oh and flashy special abilities. That was huge.
Spiffeh
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Spiffeh
He/Him
Paragone
Paragone

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Spiffeh »

This would be where I would put the YouTube video of the latest Fire Emblem Nintendo Direct if I knew how.

Anyway I am hype af
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:12 pm

Post by Andrius »

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:19 pm

Post by Andrius »

First off, I'm a big fan of Yuri Lowenthal.

Now to it.
Remaking FE 2 is great. If I get another game, that'd probably be it. I don't care enough about the Fates cast which is making its way into everything. Awakening was good but I don't really want to see Awakening/Fates-heavy games while GEMS like FE 4 sit by the sidelines.

Also, just make new games? I get the whole appeal of bringing back old characters but don't really want new games with them. Unless its IKE and a console game and a grand epic story. Which has been lacking since FE 9/10.

FE Warriors is basically Dynasty Warriors and, I mean, isn't enough to convince me to purchase a Switch on its own. I mean, MAAAAAYBE if I'm still playing games in '18 I could see me getting a Switch for FE Warriors AND Xenoblade 2 but they're both looking underwhelming to me.

Heroes looks decent. Don't really care for guns but it was a matter of time. New characters look good. Don't care about the Awakening/Fates part.

I wouldn't play games on my mobile so that's that for me.

If the FE 2 remake is for Nintendo 3DS and not something new I could see myself playing that.
That's about it atm. Didn't watch the whole video though so take my comments as they are.

Spoiler:
I'm afraid my time with the series might be drawing to a close.
ECHOES
might get my money, but that looks like it at the moment. If they remade or even just translated FE 4 to the VC I'd buy that so quick.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Vi »

FE2 was originally a questionable game so it will be interesting to what kind of rehab it gets.

Why have new games and attempts at epic stories when you can marry the anime girl of your choice? <__<
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:47 pm

Post by Andrius »

In post 144, Vi wrote:Why have new games and attempts at epic stories when you can marry the anime girl of your choice? <__<
Why not both though?

If I had to pick one it'd be the former.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 4:19 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Don't care about Fire Emblem Warriors.
Paper Mario 1 and 2 were fantastic. 3 was good. 4 and 5 sucked hard.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 5:51 pm

Post by Human Sequencer »

tried to skim the direct to get info on the new fe game, saw phone game, did a 360 and walked away

andrius do you mean to tell me you don't care for splatoon 2

when you say they're remaking fe2, do you mean gaiden or wat? because mystery of the emblem was already remade and it's FUCKING INCREDIBLE
nah
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Post by Andrius »

FE Gaiden.

Never played Splatoon.
I literally have a Wii U only for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

To be fair I have a Wii U only because I inherited it. But the only game I have is XCX.
Natirasha
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Natirasha
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Post by Natirasha »

I voted for Milady.
Current Avatar: Dr. Contessa(OC, art by @pastelpuffin)

Return to “The Arcade”