Korean Music Thread

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 3:42 pm

Post by Apricity »

Infinite is by far my favorite group. Utterly distinctive sound and instrumentation; I love that they're not following the current hip-hop trend. The group that started the synchronization trend back when they debuted in 2010 and one of very, very few groups that can sing live perfectly while dancing to some of the hardest choreography in kpop. Also their album intros are epic every time. Others I like are BTS, Vixx, Mamamoo, and Seventeen. BTS does a lot of hip-hop type stuff which is okay but I vastly prefer their later music like I Need U, Run, and Blood, Sweat and Tears. Vixx has the coolest MVs (Error especially was just great) and also smashes any kind of dark concept. Mamamoo is the only girl group I like. I love their confidence and amazing vocal ability. Seventeen is very refreshing; they're kind of quirky and they compose, produce, and choreograph all their songs themselves. For one of the newer groups out there, they're insanely talented.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 pm

Post by Apricity »

Spoiler: Long digression on why I love Infinite
Infinite sings live pretty much 100% of the time; they sound like their CDs. People will sometimes make MR removed videos of performances where they take out/minimize the backing track and it's supposed to let people better evaluate the group's actual vocal ability. Typically you can hear heavy breathing/how the voices are kind of strained. For Infinite though, it's just become a way to enjoy how good they sound live :D

This one, for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpaZ9HNLrZw

They have beautifully choreographed dances in general, like this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keux-aGfoM4

Also here's one of their dance practices from the early days. They don't have the same knife-like precision now as they did 7 years ago, but it's still more in sync than most groups will ever be.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amvKLtj6jVE

But more than anything, I love their personalities and their work ethic. The vast majority of groups that are successful come from large, wealthy companies with the resources to promote their groups and give them opportunities. Infinite literally started from the bottom. They came from Woollim Entertainment, at the time a little-known company that couldn't even afford a proper practice room. See how tiny it is in the dance practice? They all had to live in one small dorm too. Their CEO even sold his house so they could have enough money to film the MV for Be Mine, and it got so bad that during their Be Mine promotions, they were told that if they couldn't win on a music show with Be Mine, the group would have to disband. So they worked their butts off practicing, practically living in the practice room. Fortunately for the history of kpop, they finally did get their first win (one of the most emotional wins ever imo), and that kick-started their career. Even now they're one of the most humble and genuine groups I know of, because they haven't had anything handed to them and know what it's like to fight for everything they have. They're still severely underrated internationally, but at least in Korea I believe they're one of the most respected groups, which makes me happy.

Sorry for the essay.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

Post by Apricity »

I like Ailee and K. Will too, and also Lim Kim.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #3) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:18 am

Post by Apricity »

Sunggyu is an amazing singer! And he's the leader of Infinite, which is my favorite kpop group. I watched all of The Genius because he was in it XD Good show.

EP, Beast is a good group. You should try listening to 12:30, Ribbon, and Breath if you liked Fiction. Although now Beast is called Highlight after Hyunseung left and also the whole fiasco with Cube Entertainment...the way the company handled that was such a giant mess. Reminds me why I detest the system behind kpop sometimes.
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #4) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:23 am

Post by Apricity »

Kison, here's some solo stuff by Sunggyu if you're interested.

I also have tons of Infinite stuff I can recommend :D
Apricity
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Apricity
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #5) » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:24 pm

Post by Apricity »

In post 17, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 15, Apricity wrote:Sunggyu is an amazing singer! And he's the leader of Infinite, which is my favorite kpop group. I watched all of The Genius because he was in it XD Good show.
when I saw Kison's post, I was like THIS IS YOUR CHANCE lol.
Haha yeah I'd never miss an opportunity like that XD
In post 17, Errantparabola wrote:]And yeah, I've listened to a bunch of b2st throughout the years. fiction's really just the best song, though. the instrumentals are fantastic.
I like them a lot too. Have you heard their new stuff since becoming Highlight?

Return to “General Discussion”