DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

Second!
VOTE: Subutai
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6 (isolation #1) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:27 pm

Oh, by the way, how many cops and doctors are there?

Anyone know?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:30 pm

Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

As such, I propose that, once a cop gains a result, they immediately reveal. In all 5 games, not a single kill was blocked, so there's no reason to beat around the bush with that. Therefore, we should just be completely open about what happens.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:37 pm

In post 8, KTthecreeper wrote:
In post 7, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

As such, I propose that, once a cop gains a result, they immediately reveal. In all 5 games, not a single kill was blocked, so there's no reason to beat around the bush with that. Therefore, we should just be completely open about what happens.
I agree

also the last time I did this a MG claimed he was a daycop with scum result on me and I got lynched so if that happens again I'll probably quit mafia

also RVS

I'll do a RVS vote next post
No daycops, so don't worry about that.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #12 (isolation #4) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:43 pm

In post 11, KTthecreeper wrote:
In post 10, DiamondSentinel wrote:
In post 8, KTthecreeper wrote:
In post 7, DiamondSentinel wrote:Also, I've done some analyzing of the 5 previous games listed. The ultimate difference between the town win and the scum wins is the trust the town had.

I agree

also the last time I did this a MG claimed he was a daycop with scum result on me and I got lynched so if that happens again I'll probably quit mafia

also RVS

I'll do a RVS vote next post
No daycops, so don't worry about that.
the problem was it was this setup and I said he obviously scum since he fakeclaimed a role that wasn't on the list

then they lynched me for "scummy reaction"

I stopped playing on this site for a while after that

but on to the topic

we need more than 3 people to post to have stuff to talk about ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Meh.

Give it a bit. People will flock in and lynch me for my scummy suggestion.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #16 (isolation #5) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:07 pm

In post 15, Transcend wrote:

Ranger saved MURDERCAT in the previous DoP i played, hosted by davesaz.
Hmm, ok. I was just reading the 5 on the wiki, none of which include that one.

But my point still stands. A doctor's only real power is the threat of them not being able to kill the most obv!town slots. They rarely actually do anything, entirely because of that threat.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:41 pm

In post 18, Subutai wrote:

I think this is the optimal strategy here. Once a cop gets a result, he should out that result and should give us two confirmed townies (the cop + the person he copped).

I wonder if the best strategy here is to no lynch and play follow the cop. Does that work in this set up?
You're wrong on 2 accounts.

First off, you're assuming that scum won't fakeclaim cop and give a fake result.
Secondly, no-lynching is never a good idea. By letting the scum dictate the kills, you lose powerful town players. So let's not no-lynch.
“Why was I chosen?'
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #39 (isolation #7) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:26 am

In post 31, Persivul wrote:
In post 26, Not Chara wrote:Now searching for a replacement for DiamondSentinel.
That was fast.
Yeah. I'm leaving the site. I told myself I would after I got done modding my game, and then I got caught up in a cross-replacement, which I shouldn't have agreed to.

Sorry about that.
“Why was I chosen?'

Return to “Completed Open Games”