Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:58 pm

Post by Alisae »

In post 115, nydushermain wrote:VOTE: Alisae

For people who don't know him, this is the best way to figure out his alignment. If he's scum, he'll live. If he's town, he'll self hammer.
Also to add to my SR on you, this post feels like it's suggesting to mislynch me.
GTKAS
| here.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:59 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 270, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 268, Garmr wrote:
In post 266, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 232, shannon wrote:@Lickety -

What opening though? My vote on her has nothing to do with you pressuring her.

I have to point out how terrible your logic is in this part:

Also, Expect Scum to reply in the same way you did. I was thinking about the counter argument you could have made that would have been better, but I find it Scummy that you didn't use that one and decided to base your argument based on facts instead of sentiment.
It is my opinion that Town generally bases more of their arguments on sentiment than facts, at least in my experience. True people can use either or as both alignments but
when one is neglected over the other is when it becomes clearer what that persons motivation is

This is just plain bad, for so many reasons:

1) I had no need to think of the Best Possible Counterargument because I'm only giving my *actual* counterargument, which is to state my actual reasons for voting Alisae.
2) Why is it scummy to avoid Appeal to Emotion? Especially when there's no emotion involved? I've played multiple games where people have made exactly the opposite claim to you; that acting emotionally is scummy because there are no good reasons to fall back on
3) It seems you know I'm telling the truth, and yet you think I should have told an emotional lie because it would have been more convincing. That is very weird to me.

Also, is there a plan for you to do anything other than 'reaction test' and then claim that whoever reacts is doing what you'd expect scum to do? That schtick is getting old, and it's less convincing each time you claim it.
1) I'm not talking about you giving your reasons for voting Alisae, I am talking about you giving your counter argument to what I said.
2) I am not talking about giving an argument based on AtE. I am talking about arguing a point that is emotionally invested in the argument.
3) This is empty shade. You are saying I am doing something that I am not. I don't read people based on "facts" and "most compelling argument" I read people based on character. My read had nothing to do with the fact that you gave a truthful argument, after all that can be faked.

4) You say I am Scummy and say I am doing things that are "very weird to you" why no voted?
In post 191, LicketyQuickety wrote:
Alisae, can you see the angle where Garmr
knows
you are Town?
Talking about throwing empty shade and not following up on it.
I have you as Null. I was just seeing if Alisae could see that angle. If you have never seen that argument before, you are living under a rock.
Nah that seems like to me that you are just throwing shade.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

My town game changed immensely actually. Ever since something embarrassing happened, I PM'd Mastina in how to become a better player and I read literally all of her theory work and any articles she recommended. I spent about a good 5 hours just reading and studying. Now I've improved myself about 10 fold :)

I'm not saying you can't scum read me but I'm saying you should start off with a clean palate when reading me as using previous meta on me will lead you to confusion.

P-Edit: Yeah, I can't really defend a post that wasn't written by me. So there's that.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Post by Alisae »

Gin you should give me that stuff as well.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:42 pm

I bet if you ask the mod of this game, she won't have a problem boasting- I mean helping you ;)
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by Alisae »

@MOD help me git gud at videa game plz

Like this?

<<< Step one: select a genre you actually enjoy.
Step two: select a genre you aren't abysmally bad at.
Step three: waste...errm, I mean, SPEND hours upon hours of your time practicing.
Step four: branch out and play other games in that genre.
Step five: spend more time on the specific games you want to get
really
good at.
Step six: ???
Step seven: profit.

Easy! >>>
Last edited by mastina on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:46 pm

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Garmr »

Throwing shade Lq

It means to make someone look bad with out committing to it.

Like you literally just did the mafia scum dictionary definition of throwing shade. You say you have me as a null read but you went out your way to say "have you thought of him knowing your town" Which in my mind doesn't even make sense. Because if I was a null read why are you worried about alisae view on me. Even then my answer was about trying to get a better read on alisae by not contaminating his thoughts. Also the same argument you made can be applied with
In post 191, LicketyQuickety wrote: Alisae, can you see the angle where Garmr
knows
you are Town?
I could easily make bull shit up saying you only said this because your scum and you know alisae is town and you want to stop the garmr town read because you're afraid of me. But I won't because using he knows cases are bad.
In post 176, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 134, Lexa wrote:
In post 133, Alisae wrote:Yep. Piccolo taught you how to dodge pretty well Gohan.
I see you're taking lessons in the 'annoy people until they give you what they want' school of scumhunting eh

There's a condition to my responding in full that has yet to be fulfilled that I expect to be soon. Simple as that.
I agree. Alisae is just being aggressive there is really no substance there. Unfortunately people follow people like them.
Talking about shade throwing. This makes alisae look bad and seems like your throwing it for the heck of it.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 273, karnos wrote:
In post 263, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:So Shannon, you're saying that, from your point of view, Jordan's play was like throwing a punch at LQ but holding back so he doesn't get the blame for it?
It's worse. He is throwing shade on LQ, and t
hen when someone (me) took his words seriously he turned around and accused me of being scum jumping on an opportunistic wagon (of course, it was a wagon of 0 at the time I voted).

This is classic scum play. You win either way- either the guy you throw shade on gets miss-lynched, or you turn it into a wagon on someone who "opportunistically' took your scum reads at face value.
You deserve more votes for this. Your literally trying to make yourself seem like a victim and push the blame on Jordan that's pathetic.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Alisae »

Garmr what's your opinion on Gin?
That Pep vote is really sus.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Is Pep not worthy of a vote Alisae?
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 309, Alisae wrote:Garmr what's your opinion on Gin?
That Pep vote is really sus.
Honestly I don't understand the shift from karnos to pep and back. I haven't looked to deeply into him so guess I should. I would like some BBT posts now you reminded me.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 246, TheRealGin-N-Tonic wrote:Yeah no, BBT and Pep, you need to start doing the thing where you vote. Don't be like America and not fucking vote.

<<< The beautiful thing about mafia games is that there's no age restriction on voting, either! >>>
After looking through his iso the only reason for him to pep is because of this.

I don't think he would know but after looking at peps first finished game he took up to 470(25 in his iso) posts from all players before he placed a vote down. It doesn't seem out of character for pep to not vote from either alignment.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Post by Alisae »

I would too.

And it's not that Gin, it's A. by voting Pep and then switching back to Karnos saying "I should put my vote back on somewhere where it's useful" implies you never thought your vote on Pep was useful to begin with.
B. Seems like he's starting to derail some wagon by starting a new one but maybe I'm just overeacting to it. That shift was wierd.
GTKAS
| here.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by Alisae »

Maaaaaaaaaybe he could be town becuase he tried to start up a Pep wagon.
GTKAS
| here.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:22 pm

Okay first off. HOLY SHIT MASTINA WHY 3 FUCKING WEEKS :lol:

<<< Well, one: I give you three weeks. You don't have to use all of them. That's YOUR fault if you do, not mine. :P
Two: you answer the question yourself below; I want towns to have that option.
Three: easier to have the time and not use it than not have the time and wish you did.
Four: laziness. Aside from lacking plurality lynching, this is my Large Theme ruleslist; I did not bother to reduce the times for the smaller game size. >>>

Secondly, we have 3 weeks. We can do what the fuck we want for the first week mainly to produce content. By starting a wagon on Pep that would pressure him to actually produce content.

Also tried to start the wagon but I was only really talking to Prana and it stopped before it started so I stuck the vote back on my main concern.
Last edited by mastina on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:22 pm

This, I did not know that. Still miffed about it.
In post 312, Garmr wrote:I don't think he would know but after looking at peps first finished game he took up to 470(25 in his iso) posts from all players before he placed a vote down. It doesn't seem out of character for pep to not vote from either alignment.
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by Alisae »

HOLY SHIT WE HAVE 3 WEEKS!

<<< I miss the days when mods had in their requirements for players to read rulesets, since this was spelled out there. >>>
Last edited by mastina on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GTKAS
| here.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:58 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 307, Garmr wrote:Throwing shade Lq

Like you literally just did the mafia scum dictionary definition of throwing shade. You say you have me as a null read but you went out your way to say "have you thought of him knowing your town" Which in my mind doesn't even make sense. Because if I was a null read why are you worried about alisae view on me. Even then my answer was about trying to get a better read on alisae by not contaminating his thoughts. Also the same argument you made can be applied with
knows
you are Town?
I could easily make bull shit up saying you only said this because your scum and you know alisae is town and you want to stop the garmr town read because you're afraid of me. But I won't because using he knows cases are bad.
In post 134, Lexa wrote:
In post 133, Alisae wrote:Yep. Piccolo taught you how to dodge pretty well Gohan.
I see you're taking lessons in the 'annoy people until they give you what they want' school of scumhunting eh

There's a condition to my responding in full that has yet to be fulfilled that I expect to be soon. Simple as that.
I agree. Alisae is just being aggressive there is really no substance there. Unfortunately people follow people like them.
Talking about shade throwing. This makes alisae look bad and seems like your throwing it for the heck of it.
What is actually wrong with what I said? You haven't actually addressed the fact that your post CAN be taken as you knowing Alisae is Town. Why no argument there and just saying it is throwing shade?
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:02 pm

Gin is prolly going to be a solid Town read going forward.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:05 pm

In post 318, LicketyQuickety wrote:

knows
you are Town?
In post 134, Lexa wrote:

What is actually wrong with what I said? You haven't actually addressed the fact that your post CAN be taken as you knowing Alisae is Town. Why no argument there and just saying it is throwing shade?
And when you say I'm not committing? Please, the game days are 3 weeks long and you are giving me shit about not committing to a read balls deep after like 72 hours.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:12 pm

And I have no problems with Prana's case on me except one thing. I said now twice now my read on Shannon is ongoing. Its still fucking early and some people are going to take more time to read than others. Lexa not providing shit and then going on V/LA until Tuesday is an example of that. But besides that, because people have different styles that means that some people are going to be easier to read than others.

Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:21 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 318, LicketyQuickety wrote:

knows
you are Town?
In post 134, Lexa wrote:

How can it be taken that way? You haven't actually provided a case on how it could becuase I honestly don't see how it could be.
In post 320, LicketyQuickety wrote: And when you say I'm not committing? Please, the game days are 3 weeks long and you are giving me shit about not committing to a read balls deep after like 72 hours.
Please spare me the bull shit. You literally tried to make me and alisae look bad and didn't follow up with a scum read or an investigation into it. That's amateur scum play.

Also what's your motivation as town to muddy up other players who are being town read??????
Alisae
Alisae
lolbalance
Alisae
lolbalance
lolbalance

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by Alisae »

Garmr, LQ mentioned the game where he was scum and I was town earlier. Wanna look at it?
GTKAS
| here.
Garmr
Garmr
Survivor
Garmr
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Garmr »

In post 323, Alisae wrote:Garmr, LQ mentioned the game where he was scum and I was town earlier. Wanna look at it?
Sure

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”