False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #12352 (isolation #0) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:21 pm

Post by mastina »

Phoneposting. God, never knew that walls of text were so bad. Lost internet. Also lost power, though that is back. V/LA until internet returns.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12366 (isolation #1) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:47 pm

Post by mastina »

The proximity to deadline, along with the absence of players, does not instill in me the confidence that we are going to have a shot at winning.
And honestly if we no-lynch we deserve what's coming to us. :?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12369 (isolation #2) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:14 pm

Post by mastina »

I can't lynch you even if I wanted to, Almost.
With six alive in the game and tragic destiny in play, it'd take every player save grapes to lynch you if we include your self-vote. We don't have even that.
OR, if there's two scum alive, four votes...in which case me lynching you would as far as I'm concerned basically be gamethrowing on my end because it'd be lynching town in mylo and knowing I was doing so.

So, the day's lynch is looking to be...nobody at all. If someone, either grapes or you apparently. I'm just not happy about this on any level whatsoever.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12370 (isolation #3) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:24 pm

Post by mastina »

MOD: on account of grapes not posting since returning to the game, can we get an extension while waiting for a prod
(or heaven forbid, replacement)
?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12371 (isolation #4) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:27 pm

Post by mastina »

I mean, it's been 17 days since grapes last posted--while a mechanic was responsible for a large portion of that time, that's still 17 days with no indication that grapes will be playing the game.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12373 (isolation #5) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 4:38 pm

Post by mastina »

That interaction is private, though--it took place in a non-game-thread location.
If a person fails to post in the game thread for 48/72 hours yet is posting in, say, a scum PT, do they not still receive a prod?
Most mods rule that, yes--they do in fact receive a prod in spite of having posted "in-game", because said posting wasn't in the public thread.

So by that argument, there's grounds to prod grapes, and given a potential dead slot, extend deadline--after all, if Varsoon failed to do so and it turned out grapes really had flaked from the site, grapes's absence during the night phase would basically serve to potentially clear his slot from being scum beyond what's already there. So if the prod/replace needs to happen anyway, why not while still during the day?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12451 (isolation #6) » Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:57 pm

Post by mastina »

Should mention this here, too, I suppose, though I don't think it's an issue:
Mod:
Dangerously close to losing power here. No power = no internet, so if the power goes down, I'll be V/LA for an indefinite amount of time. (Likely a day or two if it does.)
If it doesn't go down, I can focus on the game tomorrow.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12566 (isolation #7) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:08 am

Post by mastina »

Of course I didn't come close to putting the effort in I said I would.
I said I was going to read all fucking 500 pges.
I said I was going to compile every vc.
I said I was going to iso every player.
I said I was going to research your past fucking games. To meta you. All of you. Drixx, Cerb, together as RR, Almost50, grapes, Shiro.
I said I was going to meta-research Varsoon. (Okay maybe I didn't say this but I was thinking it?)

I said I was going to analyze each player using a long list of critera. EWr;e talking, two to three screenwidths of criterai in play here.

I couldn't do all of that. I tried to do as much as I could. I really did try. I didn't mean to ignore you. I didn't mena to have the engagement be not worth anything. I meant for me to engage you and have it be worth something. I meant for it to be something where I would form a concrete plan. I failed eys. But you;re insinuating that I didn't tru. You're accusing me of not thinking. Of not having put the effort in. I've been anguishing over this every day. Every fucking day. Away from keyboard. Haunting me in my dreams (no seriously, I've had nightmares of this game). Wreacking me in the shower. Making me question everything. I tried.

And I am sorry that I tried not hard enough.
But this absulutely the best I could give you.

I;ve probably neglected more than I realized by going to this game specifically. So what can I say?
I can't apologize for having an opinion.
I can apologizxe for not doing as much work as I wanted--I am doing so.
I can apologize for making the wrong choice--I have done so across the last two weeks every time I have so much as made the slightest indication I even might vote you.
But I can't apologize for having tried. I can apologize for failing, but not for trying.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12567 (isolation #8) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:14 am

Post by mastina »

Like I tried reading the game.
I'm not sure how much of it I did read. Honestly don't know. Not enough.
I did isos. Not all of them. Not enough of them, but some of them. Not thoroughly but I tried.
Did some vca too.
Was paying attention to your posts even when not responding to them.

I was thinking of this game even when not logged in and engaged--the number of hours I've put in there, can't be counted because they're so many I wouldn't be able to calculate. But when I was logged in and engaged, I was doing stuff. I was reading my notes. I was reading theory work. I was reading advice on how to play, what decisions to make. Trying to better my own game. I tried to find points to engage you in. I tried to weigh the sides. I put the time in, more than I've ever put into a game. Ever. This day phase alone. Not all at once, but hours every night. Literally hours. Not as much as I wanted to get done. Not as much as needed to be done. but done ll the same I did. I tried to work.

So again, I can;t apologize for making a call.
I can't apologize for laying down a vote.
I can apologize if its' wrong.
I AM apologizing because it wasn't enough;

But the actual vote I can;t apologize for having made.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12706 (isolation #9) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:15 pm

Post by mastina »

I'll have thoughts to give (which I'll give on mastin2) later, but I'd like to first say this will officially be my last game on mastin2, and that for all purposes outside of speakeasy access I'm switching to mastina. One reason for this is that my sentbox is like less than 15 messages from being 100% full. Over the seven years I've had the account, that means I've sent OVER 2,000 PMs. Some have been deleted, and a good 500-1,000 were moved to some of my other PM folders, which are themselves fairly full.

Simply put, I'm running out of on-site storage for messages on the account. The only way to make room would be to delete all those older messages, but I like to have an archive of everything I've ever received and everything I've ever sent, because you never know when that ONE PM might come in handy to have. (I can and have referenced PMs which were literally years old in the past, something I'd be unable to do if I had deleted them.)

I suppose in theory, I could go through the effort of manually recording each and every single one of the PMs and then one by one deleting the originals, but that's :effort: beyond what I feel like is worth it especially when I just have access to mastina and was basically using this account for everything, anyway. It's simpler and easier to just retire the old account.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #12707 (isolation #10) » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:20 pm

Post by mastina »

(Exact Stats: 1989/2000 in Sent Messages.
56/2000 in my Outbox.
65/2000 in my Personal PMs folder.
803/2000 in my Role PMs folder.
397/2000 in my Hydras folder.
1519/2000 in my Modding folder.
24/2000 in the default Saved messages folder.
And 1106/2000 in my Inbox.
Grant total, 5,959 PMs.

Keep in mind the OLD limit was 1,000 until I specifically requested expansion.)

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”