Survivor Mafiascum Rankdown (Properly Dead. Leave it dead)

This subforum is for additional threads for
ongoing
Mish Mash games. If a game has multiple active threads at once, all but the first one should be made in this forum.
xofelf
xofelf
they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash
Pronoun: they/them(also ze/zem or xe/xem)

Post Post #1850 (ISO) » Sun Jan 08, 2017 8:53 am

Post by xofelf »

Because life happens in the shittiest ways. I am so very sorry, if things are less chaotic today, there will be a post. Sorry I suuuuuuuuck.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
Get to reknow a xofelf here
Discord is faster than PMs or sitechat: xofelf#1697
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1851 (ISO) » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:55 pm

Post by xofelf »

I may just have life explosions be unable to handle more than one thing at a time so things fall by the wayside. It's time to pick this one back up! The first way we're going to do that is by starting with we are changing the way we all cut. There isn't going to be a strict order in how we all cut people anymore. Instead, this will simply be done in rounds. Each round will be a week in which each of the rankers may cut someone at any time they so choose. If we get through every ranker, then next round awesome. If we don't, that's fine too. With all of us suddenly randomly having lives and actually wanting to do this some sort of justice as well as finish it, it removes the pressure of more distinct deadlines and just gives it a momentum still. There may be 7 cuts a round, there may just be 2. Depends on the week. If Snakes or Ceph want to finish out this particular round, they're welcome to OR we can just consider tomorrow a brand new round. So without further ado, let's get back to this shit.

269. Weeping Angel (Aronis) - Doctor Who

Wtf. How on earth am I supposed to talk to people that have no interest in talking to me. I have half a mind to just ignore them for a day.

There's not a whole lot I can really say about Angel tbh. In a lot of ways he was a victim of circumstance. It took him a while to warm up to people, and he just wasn't given the time to do so really before he was gone. Aronis was still new and getting into the groove of how to talk with people in games. He was still a little too open at times and then not at all at other times. Very game related chats but often not a whole lot else to bring people back for more. Angel was honestly sweet and easy to deal with due to that in fact, but it didn't give too many people much to work with and she didn't have too many close friends. This all came to a head when Sontar went to TC. Stormy genuinely liked Angel and was the only person on that tribe to do so. Amy and Clara had an alliance of sorts with him but if need be he could be cut loose easily enough with no fight whatsoever especially if it meant keeping Neffie in. Dorium didn't like Angel at all. Jack was more indifferent than anything. But then when Amy said to Angel that she was thinking of voting Jack out, and then Angel told this to Jack everything exploded in Angel's face. Jack did not take this kindly at all. And very publicly called Angel out for all of this. Angel was lucky that people felt more sympathetic towards him or instead of Jack, he could have gone home right then. The tribe was very uncomfortable for Angel so the swap was a welcome change, and having Stormy who he genuinely likes and likes him, and Neffie who he likes but isn't fairly active made the new tribe a much better place. Oh but then Neffie gets voted out and Amy and Clara don't like that. And who over on Earth can they afford to swap out of the game? Oh that's right, Angel. They can afford to lose Angel, and no one is likely to throw a fit about that. They weren't completely right on that. It was a move that ultimately cost them the game, and there were some people who were upset to lose Angel but there wasn't anything that could be done about that, but Neffie was taken back out at the very least for Angel. There's not a whole lot to Angel himself but he was a key piece in some of the most important things that happened in that game.
Xalxe: this is xofelf sometimes we call each other names and other times we share emotions
MattyP: Ur an enigma tho when it comes to circadian rhythm and the traditions we hold dear when it comes to the sun and the moon
DeathNote
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
DeathNote
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1852 (ISO) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:35 am

Post by DeathNote »

Yep
Looking for love in Alderaan places.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1853 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:25 am

Post by MattP »

):
SlappyKrust
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1854 (ISO) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

zzzzzzzzzzzz
green shirt thursdays
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1855 (ISO) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

Nice cuts this week
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1856 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:42 am

Post by Cephrir »

If someone else wants to try and put some life into this, I quit
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Snakes
Snakes
I Will Survive
Snakes
I Will Survive
I Will Survive

Post Post #1857 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Post by Snakes »

268 - MC Jagger (SleepyKrew) - Names Are Hard

This was SK's first game after Tingle, and he did...pretty good. He was a lot more competent here but a lot less entertaining. I never met him but from reading over his confessional and rereading the spectator forums, he was mostly just there.

The early game starts off pretty good for him. He makes a good impression in the PMless opening stage of the game and makes it onto Brode Island, where he becomes one of five other people who love Simba and Doge. He plans to be loyal to them, not realizing that they have alliances with half the tribe.

But towards the end of the tribe, HTTP approaches him and lets him know that Simba sold out his alliance. This sets up an exciting storyline where Jagger and HTTP make a secret alliance and Jagger considers turning on Simba.

This would have been fun to watch, but that storyline just fizzled out. Jagger and Simba get swapped onto the same tribe, Jagger sticks with Simba and then at the next swap, he gets voted out because people see him as too close to Simba.
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1858 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:30 pm

Post by MattP »

I can sub in

Yes I'll actually read all the games be4 my time
SlappyKrust
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1859 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:12 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

yeah my offer to sub in is stillllllllllll on the table
green shirt thursdays
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1860 (ISO) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:10 pm

Post by Fluminator »

I just remember Jagger getting drunk on beer.
Crazy
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Crazy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1861 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:38 am

Post by Crazy »

Hey, guys, I've really lost my interest in this, and I'm not really prepared to keep at this for the next couple of years, so I'm going to /out. Sorry...
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1862 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:02 am

Post by D3f3nd3r »

If needed I can still do this, I've played most of the games so knowledge isn't a big worry.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #1863 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:10 am

Post by MattP »

You guys should put def and reck in

Slash chevre if he's still interested
SlappyKrust
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1864 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Flameaxe »

In post 1705, Flameaxe wrote:Tbh Reck just make a cut

Take charge
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1865 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Chevre »

I'M TAKING CHARGE THIS IS A MUTINY

xofelf
Xalxe
Drench
Snakes
Klick
xRECKONERx
d3f3nd3r

We're using xofelf's weekly plan and the weeks start on Sundays at 11:59 pm CST
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1866 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

267 - Rex (Cheery Dog) - Arkham City

Poor Rex. He was second dog in a double dog game! Really, though, Rex didn't do anything terribly egregiously wrong, but he didn't do anything particularly right either. He was booted out during the first tribe swap simply because there just wasn't much there in terms of connections to other people. He reached out to Clock King for an under"dog" alliance (see what I did there?) and promptly, Clock King was booted, followed by Rex after failing to get a vote going on Ivy. When it came down to it, he just didn't make enough of an impact to survive. He did okay once he arrived in Death Row, surviving by turning on Clock King, but eventually fell victim to the power duo of Abe and Star.

All in all, not a terribly boring performance -- most of those are gone already -- but it also wasn't terribly enthralling or engaging, either. Had he survived a bit further in Death Row, maybe it could've been a good comeback story. As it is, though, it's just not enough to last another round in the rankdown.
Last edited by xRECKONERx on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
green shirt thursdays
SleepyKrew
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
SleepyKrew
he/him
Snark Attack
Snark Attack

Post Post #1867 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Post by SleepyKrew »

I believe in heroes
To be clear: quack
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game

Post Post #1868 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:36 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

Drench give us edit access to the spreadsheet
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1869 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:01 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

My favorite part of Rex's boot is Krypto and White Rabbit fully intended for the poor innocent Poison Ivy to be booted over Rex, but because the boots in Arkham involved the other tribe and the two of them didn't push this agenda at all, the Steel Mill were basically left to make the decision and went 'Ivy is cute let's keep her'.
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1870 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:24 pm

Post by xofelf »

Sorry my computer exploded :( it's amazing how not using a computer for 8 months makes it really slow at first :(. But alright, thank you. It was Drench's plan, but yes. It was a much better plan all around.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1871 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

You guys are my heroes.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
xofelf
xofelf
Miss Mash
xofelf
Miss Mash
Miss Mash

Post Post #1872 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Post by xofelf »

But anyways, one of my favourite things about Rex was that he played this game with White Rabbit where he purposefully would make PMs longer just to see if she would respond back. It got to a point it was almost hindering her ability to PM anyone else she was spending so much time writing back to Rex. And yet, she didn't tell him to stop? And still loved it? It was the best thing. His game commentary after being voted out was also really good. He kept a very good confessional for such an early boot.

Also, about spreadsheet, I can give edit access, but I need email info from D3f to do so--Skype me about this. I'll update the spreadsheet for this right now.
Fluminator
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Fluminator
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1873 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:57 pm

Post by Fluminator »

Rex had some charm that made him my favorite player secretly. He never seemed to want to ally with me though. :(
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #1874 (ISO) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:01 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I don't recall half of that stuff
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Frogstar World B”