Micro 676: Bill Wurtz Mafia (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (isolation #0) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:18 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Ayy nearly beat Bork here.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:30 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

On that note, your RVS was strange as shit and should suggest bad things about Kane and Implosion.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #944 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:34 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Uh I know who's dead already. DW bout that.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #948 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Bruh you were already voting me.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #952 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Ok so eating my own words, I got implosion confused with a replacement slot (CKs) since I was trying to mentally check all of that.

Still unvoting an RVS wagon is scummy as hell
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #953 (isolation #5) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:40 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Also with how quickly I entered this game (check post after Bork announces) it'd be impossible for me to read a scum PT in that time anyways.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #958 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:36 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah I'm not stopping at RVS, i just always comment on anything interesting there because it's the most useful part for me to get reads from until later on.

And no implosion's unvote on a wagon is a general scum tell. I just happened to think Morningtweet died and Implosion was replaced by CK, not the other way around.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #961 (isolation #7) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:59 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 960, Transcend wrote:Alright

Game is dead

Like as fuck

So let's play a little icebreaker to revive it. It's called word association. I'm gonna name one word, you post the first thing that comes to your mind.

Alright:

The word is bologna

Spoiler: My answer
Aj's catch up
I don't remember you being able to answer your own word.

But
Spoiler: Best Answer
In post 98, Transcend wrote:Now to consider hypotheticals:

If Comm, Parama, and Tweet are all town like I believe, and Implo+Kain aren't scum together I'm left with 9 teams. Gamma, Storm, and Syr have not been crossed out for any team yet, so each of them has a 4/9 chance of being scum if I'm correct here.

Assuming that all my aforementioned logic is correct, there's a 100% chance that {Gamma,Storm,Syr} yields at least one scum.

I very easily could've made an error here, but it's only day 1 and if I end up mislynching, I'm starting from scratch.

I was lean town on Syr, to begin with. I wish he'd do something more game advancing, but his opening post felt pretty genuine to me.

I've been okay with what Storm has done lately, still not exactly enthused by his Comm vote, but eh.

I don't really fos this slot, but if my logic is correct, then there's a decent chance he's scum. Plus I want to see advancement from him.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

Y'all think I just download this shit to my brain? Give me a day or so to catch up.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (isolation #8) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:49 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Sorry I normally do silent re-reads, since a lot of shit changes. Can someone give me a summary of Kain as a player? Is this fluff shit usual? I've heard rumors, but it's far worse than Dunn. It's also slightly relevant to what Stormcloud mentioned early on, in understanding if Kain needs help getting into scum games more than town games.

Also Transcend I've never seen you attempt that style of reads up until this game (the ones I quoted as bologna)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1009 (isolation #9) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:07 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

So just an instinct read: I think stormclouds is scum. This is odd because it's specifically during a time Transcend was blatantly townreading Stormclouds where I got this feeling (pages 8-10). The interaction with Syr didn't feel good. Stormclouds was proclaiming how she had so many townreads, and couldn't find scum. Started talking wtih Syr and professed Syr was her biggest scum read. Specifically 193
In post 193, Stormcloud wrote:Yeah. I'm honestly kinda sad that I'm scumreading you - I like you as a player and I don't want you to turn out to be scum lol.
But gotta separate emotion from reads as much as I can.
Which Transcend said was 'town gold', I felt quite the opposite. It was a hollow post, that's just AtE with nothing more to it. It's a complexity of weird saying/actions as Storm, who has stated the game is overall town, won't interact properly with Syr (in the sense that she's bringing a bias out into the discussion initially) WHILE SITTING A VOTE OF COMMKNIGHT. Her two scum reads are Transcend and Syr, not CommKnight.

Basically, I'd expect a line of thought as such:

-To have a vote on CommKnight over professed scum reads, scum reads must not be strong. It's scummy regardless, but this is justification
-To not listen to someone as possible town, a scumread must be strong.
-Options are vote on Syr, have that bias or no vote, believe a strong possibility to be town.

And the oddity of a late "I'd vote transcend OR IMPLOSION for pressure" [[but am afraid of lolhammer]] is off. A.) That still leaves Syr and obvious vote and B.) that still leaves CommKnight not in her top 4.

So it kinda brings me to the suspicion I've got with transcend on what game he's reading because I don't remember him doing this wackass d1 associative scum read shit in any other game. In fact, I'd sooner expect him to look very town than random as town. These two would be my early read scum grouping.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1017 (isolation #10) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:26 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1014, Stormcloud wrote:uhhhhhhhhhh
have you read the entire game yet AJ?
it's a normal, normals can't have scum masons
implosion has flipped and he confirmed I was the other mason yesterday
you said you were doing a silent reread, so I thought you were at least like halfway through at this point
No. As to why it's so slow, I'm currently working full time with college, so today is my first true day off.

But... why are you the second mason? Your suggestion to vote implosion makes no sense in that context (I thought about the possibility, but it seemed unlikely given the implosion soft hint)
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #11) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:02 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1020, Parama wrote:for context:
AJ argued in favor of lynching the mason before he knew storm was mason
now that he knows Storm is mason, he is... still arguing in favor of lynching him.
because AJ is playing the game where scum have static reads and his entire previous argument was completely destroyed by this so he doesn't know what the hell to do.
there is zero reason to doubt storm is mason. implosion has flipped. nobody has cced mason, and if they did now, we'd string them up in a heartbeat.
so this really has no motivation to come from town.
Ok you must think I'm stupid to suggest I'm saying "lynch a mason". Neither alignment does that so I'd like to kindly ask you to fucking read. I was asking why Storm did something, not to lynch her.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1031 (isolation #12) » Fri Jan 27, 2017 6:52 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1027, Stormcloud wrote:AJ, why did you ask why I'm the second mason?
I clearly told you right in the post that you quoted in post 1017 that implosion confirmed me as the other mason. Even if you haven't caught up to that point, you know he's dead and flipped. Why would I ever lie about that when you'd just find out the truth as soon as you read?
I understand your confusion about my reads on implosion - I explained pretty clearly why I did that. But I don't understand why you're doubting that I am the other mason.
I'm asking why you were verbally ready to vote implosion, who wasn't even a scum read, for pressure.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1085 (isolation #13) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:31 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

It's transcend. He's the primary wagon to a counterwagoned Syr, who flipped town. His reads are fucking awful, his style is conducive to helping no one (hypothetical scumteams here) and his unwillingness to claim with intent is fishy as hell. Also he calls Syr scum for 'awkward response to wagon' which is exactly what Transcend had. transcend just happened to post more so the awkwardness was spread out. He also manipulates the shit out of MorningTweetz while simultaneously vying for her vote to decide the day lynch. Granted that she survives and not implosion, even on page 27 is kinda telling why.

VOTE: Transcend

Literally just read the entirety of page 26. That's scum manipulating.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1086 (isolation #14) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:32 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Stormcloud, not morning tweetz. What the fuck is it with sky-based names.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1108 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:29 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Stormcloud, my iso's short. I've mentioned multiple times that Transcend has been weird/scummy before Alisae got here.

I don't think Parama is the second right now though, or at least not with Transcend. I'm thinking CommKnight might be it.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1110 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:48 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Why didn't I vote storm earlier? I don't vote until I'm confident nothing's going to go wrong with my vote. Alisae had very little to do with my vote if anything because I wasn't reading the current posts when I was voting you.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1112 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Does my case look massive? Does it change your alignment?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #18) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:01 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

And so you put someone at L-1 for what you think is sheeping, and attribute that as a scum trait. You're fucking trivial.

I'm glad you can re-word my words to fit your own bullshit but that doesn't change you from misrepresenting willingly.

"Why can't Aj be a bad townie"

Or one that's completely right?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1128 (isolation #19) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:02 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

The first two lines were to CK
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1131 (isolation #20) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:06 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I don't have a claim.

Regardless it's funny scum!transcend/CommK is lynching a slot that has almost no information on it with such conviction. You could read the entire ISO in a few seconds for my priors and both have a similar suspicion on Transcend. Nor does it change his manipulation attempt on a claimed mason. And the fact that TOWNIER CLAIMED MASON lives, and LESS TOWNIE ONE dies.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #21) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:07 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Your scum game is actually awful. How you made it out of D1 is stunning.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #22) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1136, Alisae wrote: Unless you're telling me VT is your claim, becuase that's what I'm getting the feeling you're gonna claim.
Ding ding ding reading wins the day.
In post 1137, Stormcloud wrote:I mean if I was gonna dig for "reasons Transcend is scum" nightkill analysis would definitely be on there. But that's so WIFOMy, maybe scum did that to try and frame you. I'm not taking it as a good argument.
Except I WASN'T IN THE GAME to set that up even if I'm scum. And legitimately neither was GoldenRobster/Gamma. It would be completely on a scumpartner, which this is a normal and daytalk is not announced. AKA unless scum runs encryptor (which is kinda archaic...) there's 0 chance I coordinated this WHICH MEANS my partner would be the one expected to do this.

It just doesn't work.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (isolation #23) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

In post 1145, Stormcloud wrote:AJ you seemed to be implying that Transcend is scum because he would leave me alive because I was townreading him and he thought I'd be easy to manipulate. Therefore me living and implosion dying means Transcend is more likely scum. It has nothing to do with your slot at all.

"Nor does it change his manipulation attempt on a claimed mason. And the fact that TOWNIER CLAIMED MASON lives, and LESS TOWNIE ONE dies."
This is the bit I'm referring to.

This comes from what I see 25-27.
In post 626, Transcend wrote:I'm an experienced mafia player and I'd love to help you

What is your definition of a town player and a mafia player? You answer those questions and I'll give mine. I don't think you're looking for the right things.

LIKE HELLO? Am I the only one who sees a fucking issue here with someone who JUST FINISHED being L-1?
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #24) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Storm. There are 7 people alive. You are town. I am town. Five people are unknown, two of which are scum. To me, Kain in particular shouldn't be good enough to overtly hide being scum over a long period of time. Four people to look into in my opinion. Parama, CK, CKnight, Transcend. It's not really tunneling. There just aren't that many options and Transcend is fairly obvious.

And here's my issue with "he'd buddy regardless". What YOU THOUGHT WAS SCUM led you to believe HE'S SCUM. He claims to be towntelling and then pressures you to believe that 'you'll be the reason town dies'. It's bullshit. You don't have to agree with your mason. You certainly don't try to blatantly influence one. He's essentially trying the same 'direct a powerrole' strategy that scum like to do. And to crown it, he's wrong about Syr when he goes to show how to hunt. And then continues.

If you're going to teach someone how to play, you do it in a newbie game or you specifically avoid anything relative to the game (aka Fluff). Coaching and similar is bad in every sense of the word because it's straight fucking manipulative. That's literally all there is to it.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1154 (isolation #25) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:49 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

I've actually never played with Kain. I'm just judging off of old meta with NotScience and another unnamed VI.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1156 (isolation #26) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 4:50 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Actually that's rude to Notty. Notty used to be really awful at scum and is still a bit translucent, so I gauge kain off of EARLY Notty games.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1161 (isolation #27) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:22 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Notty is NotScience's nickname. While most players have unique tendencies, playstyles are not unique at all. To cut down on meta work, I normally associate players with similar play I've seen in the past and model my expectations to that. I don't have any completed games with you so showing an example is a bit difficult, but looking through your game history I see you've played with Grey. To me, Grey reminds me of Desperado, so when I read him, I do use my prior experience with Desperado to read into Grey and figure out what I'd expect Desperado to do. That's what I did with Kain. I just went back to the earliest scum games I played against Notty and used them as a reference to how I'd expect Kain to play.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (isolation #28) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 5:25 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

The phrase is 'humor me'.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (isolation #29) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 6:11 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

People are all over the place on what my actual scum game looks like.

It's more a product of replace-in games than anything with alignment. My catchups are rather slow because I generally read backwards in isos when I find posts I don't like to see if there's anything earlier I overlooked.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1184 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:10 am

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah your LAMIST argument almost convinced me.
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (isolation #31) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:27 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Yeah I was just happy I wasn't the only one who saw transcend's behavior on D1 and found that conclusion. Also my final guess had been transcend, parama with CK third but I think as itterated in the dead thread scum SHOULD"VE bussed transcend to try and set up a lylo with CommKnight/TB/Cloud
Aj The Epic
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Aj The Epic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1477 (isolation #32) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:35 pm

Post by Aj The Epic »

Okay no offense Transcend but in the limited time I've played with you, you made NUMEROUS scum tells here, from the faint manipulation attempts with Stormcloud that benefited you alone to the reads lists you've literally never done before (pairings on like page2). Your reads on this final day had a subtle behavioral scumtell as you always IMPLICITLY suggested you should be lynched second. You'd be calling bullshit all over that any other game instead of accepting it.

You realize I never actually fully read this game, right? I got to about page 35. Thought you were scum for sure on 25, had inklings on page 5. There's a REASON people scum read you, it wasn't random luck. I get that you're salty or whatever but you all massively fucked up this final day. It was ON YOU for not trusting your partner to carry you in LYLO when you had become a liability by your position on lynches and as a counterwagon to double town wagons. Stop feeding this bullshit that it was luck, town was dead on with their lynches here.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”