Theme Test Market

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4480 (isolation #0) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:40 am

Post by boring »

How about one centered around Twelfth Night? Probably 13 players, and there'd be neighborhoods based on flavor. But the roles would be independent of flavor and neighboring.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4482 (isolation #1) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:33 pm

Post by boring »

Awesome! Well, if you get stuck while crafting that one, let me know. It's easily my favorite.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4528 (isolation #2) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:12 pm

Post by boring »

Has anyone done an anonymous all-hydra game yet? I did one on MU and it was really fun. I think I'd like to try modding one here. Players could either PM to request being partnering, or partners could be assigned. So we'd have 26 people signing up for 13 hydras. It would be a 10/3 game with scum daytalk and no PRs.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4534 (isolation #3) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by boring »

maybe we could ask people not to? I don't think it would be an awesome idea to try to strictly police slips, but if someone knows they're prone to slipping, or if they rely heavily on meta (yours or others'), then this isn't the ideal game-concept for that person anyway. I think in the game I played, no one slipped, but someone guessed at one head of one pair based on how they were playing. Also, in that game, hydra identities were revealed with the flip. Most people are grown-up enough to not want to ruin everyone's fun, right?

... I suppose there should be either an alt-slip-forced-replacement rule, or a WOTM to weed out more air-headed players. I wouldn't ban speculation, or self-admitted reveals, but it would be discouraged.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4535 (isolation #4) » Wed May 10, 2017 3:32 pm

Post by boring »

I think the purpose of the game would be to rely heavily on teamwork and instinct to win, rather than mavericking and meta.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”