The New Set-Up Review Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2759 (isolation #0) » Fri May 15, 2015 6:38 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

I was told I had the wrong thread so I will just leave this here:

In post 8157, LicketyQuickety wrote:I have a separate idea as a way to balance a game. Its a matrix, sorta. Basically it is divided into 3 columns and 3 rows just like the newbie game structure the rows consist of death, communication and Night Actions while the columns consists of Preventive, Benefit and Harmful. Now how this works is you assign values to each team for their respected row and column and add up the Preventative and Benefit and subtract the Harmful to get a net. You do this for all rows & columns and teams. You then add up the net column for each team and whatever team has the highest number is favored to win.

So for example take the newbie game format for the first row (1 jailkeeper, 1 VT and 1 Goon +1 Goon and 5VT). For Death: Preventative we would have to factor in both lynches and NKs. So for town lynches it would be 1/9; one townie can prevent one townie lynch out of 9 players. For mafia it would be 2/9; 2 mafia preventing 2 mafia deaths out of 9 in the game. For NK it would be 2/8 for town because the jailkeeper has a 2/8 chance of either saving town or RB the kill. For mafia NK it would simply be 0 since they cannot prevent any sort of NK. For Death: Benefit it would simply be 1/8 for town and 2/7 for mafia. For Death: Harm it would be 8/1 for town and 7/2 for mafia. So what we would end up for the death column for town is (1/9 + 2/8) + 1/8 - 8/1 = -7.8420139. For Mafia it would be (2/9 + 0) + 2/7 - 7/2 = -3.34127. So we can clearly see that mafia has and advantage in the Death row.

Then you would just continue to do that for all 3 rows. Does that even make sense? Do you think there is anything this?

Also there is like this monster setup that I came up with that I desperately need balanced and looked at. It would be my very first mafia game setup I have ever made. I took many ideas from other mafia games I have played in. It is a bit excessive at this point I will admit and I think I need to do some trimming so any help would be appreciated. I will say I have already had one person rethink helping me out with it because they said they were not familiar with games as large as mine was. It is a 27 person power madness game with 4 different alignments. Its a big job so if you don't think you can handle it you have been forewarned.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2760 (isolation #1) » Sun May 17, 2015 11:33 am

After reading Natirasha's Guide for Amateur Game Designers I have reworked the game I want reviewed substatially. It is now a 21 person game and there are far fewer Power Roles in the game. If anyone is interested in taking a look at it, that would be great.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2761 (isolation #2) » Sun May 24, 2015 2:12 am

Bump. Still no one who knows how to balance my game... would like someone (else?) to look at it.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2765 (isolation #3) » Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:11 pm

In post 2763, wgeurts wrote:Lickety, you need to have 3 modded games to mod a large. If you're planning to do so.

Thank you. :)

I have one game I believe I could run as a mini already, and will likely try and get that one going after I have modded a few Newbies. And that only means that I will have to have quite a bit more experience under my belt actually playing in games first.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2768 (isolation #4) » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:10 pm

I have someone who is looking at my game. Thanks ^^

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2774 (isolation #5) » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Hi, it is me yet again.

I have 2 Large 15 player games that I need reviewed. They are not Power Madness and mostly I just need to see what people think of the mechanic used in these games. They are the last 2 games listed in the 'Open Setup Ideas and Discussion' thread. Currently no one has commented on them and I don't know why. They are both a branch off of an idea I had as an interesting mechanic that has already been done that I wasn't sure if it was done before or not. They are not really very complex games, but a role or number tweak might be in order.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2825 (isolation #6) » Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:28 am

I have a 15 player game I want to mod. I need it reviewed and I would also like a co-mod. It will be somewhat like triplicate mafia but with no-reveal. 4nxi3ty's recent game 'A Midnight Sun' allowed me to see how I could use the concept I had before and apply no-reveal to it. There will be groups just like triplicate, but there is a twist to it. It is not role madness.

If someone with mod experience would be at all interested in reviewing my game I would like to run it ASAP.

Thanks,

LQ

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2830 (isolation #7) » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

In post 2825, LicketyQuickety wrote:I have a 15 player game I want to mod. I need it reviewed and I would also like a co-mod. It will be somewhat like triplicate mafia but with no-reveal. 4nxi3ty's recent game 'A Midnight Sun' allowed me to see how I could use the concept I had before and apply no-reveal to it. There will be groups just like triplicate, but there is a twist to it. It is not role madness.

If someone with mod experience would be at all interested in reviewing my game I would like to run it ASAP.

Thanks,

LQ

It seems my reviewer has disappeared. This is not a big deal because I can't run it until I have modded two games first. That brings me to my next game I need reviewed. It will be a 13 player Variable Open Setup that will likely take about two seconds to tell if it is balanced or not. It is a very simple setup I came up with on my own that consists of few PR but there is some overlap between the three games that it could rand. Let me know if you are interested and I will link the setup to you.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2977 (isolation #8) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:44 pm

I have a game I would like looked at for balance. There are group mechanics as well as hidden mechanics. I spent a long time asking a lot of people about this game. StrangeCoug did approve the setup and offered a tiny tweak to the game by saying one role was just a tad strong.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3059 (isolation #9) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 pm

I have a game that may or may not be easy to balance. Mostly normal roles (actually I think all of them with the exception of a single role that has a different spin on it).

Previously got this game checked off by StrangerCoug and Pisskop, but I'm running it as an Open because I have already modded this game on another site as a closed setup.

Its 15 players and has special mechanics, so its going to be a large theme game.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3141 (isolation #10) » Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:22 am

Looking for an advanced reviewer who can account for many variables. We have come to the point where we need someone besides us to look at the game. We have done all we can to balance but a third (or fourth) head is required.

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3144 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:57 pm

In post 3141, LicketyQuickety wrote:Looking for an advanced reviewer who can account for many variables. We have come to the point where we need someone besides us to look at the game. We have done all we can to balance but a third (or fourth) head is required.
I'll drop the advanced part because we need someone to look at the game at this point. This is a setup made by myself and BTD6_Maker. Any interested parties who are qualified are welcome to take a look.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”