Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 21, 2007 6:44 am

Post by Akonas »

/in

I'll be in town the whole holidays, but around Christmas I may be a bit busy.

Sorry I took so long.
because your brain affects your guts (and vice versa).
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #23 (isolation #1) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:59 pm

Post by Akonas »

Well, day one and we're down a power role. I hope there's only one anti-town group.

What do y'all think of the whole voting thing? One month seems like quite a lot of time. I suppose we should get to discussing, then. Anyone have any interesting night leads?

Immunity: Akonas
. :D
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #28 (isolation #2) » Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:18 pm

Post by Akonas »

Mmkay, listen here a minute. If we all just random vote for immunity, then the mafia will sneak in an extra vote or two here or there, and they can get the guy they want elected (more votes than anyone else!)
That being said, it probably doesn't matter until the end of the month, but it's worth keeping in mind. That being said,
Immunity: QuickBen
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:41 am

Post by Akonas »

QuickBen wrote:Its not like we can't repeal immunity and change it if the person we choose starts acting goofy.
Well, we can't. Not after the polls open. So we still need to be careful, especially as the 30-day deadline approaches.

This game is going to be interesting because we won't know who is voting for whom until the end of the day. We can make votes now and try to figure out who is scum, but they can always pull something. We (as a town)
could
decide to operate the game like a normal Mafia game: if you don't vote for the person you were voting for during the day at the end of the day, you get lynched at the end of the day. Townies would all cooperate, and Mafia would basically have to. However, I think it's better if we find a way to exploit this new mechanic. The only problem is, I'm not sure what that is. Maybe it's just a safety mechanism? Any thoughts?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #44 (isolation #4) » Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:25 am

Post by Akonas »

No. The vig shouldn't kill N0 because he has no idea who scum are - chances are he's just going to hurt town. So your speculation is void.
Rigel wrote:I too don't see the point in granting random immunity to a person[...]I'd rather get right into the game, and ignore this particular mechanic for a while.
If we ignore it, then someone gets randomly chosen for us - a far inferior outcome.
mcpaltp wrote:Frankly, I'm not comfortable voting immunity for anyone at this point. I have next to zero basis for determining who is the "towniest". This is an interesting thought exercise, at any rate.
It's no worse than regular voting Day 1, when you have no (or next to no) basis for voting the way you vote. It's a funny game, this, where you have to create your own reasons, bring people into the discussion.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (isolation #5) » Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:55 pm

Post by Akonas »

farside22 wrote:
FOS: Akonas
self immunity looks scummie.
That's bull. Everyone would want themselves to be immune - if they are scum, they're safe and can mislead the town; if they're town, they can be sure that scum wasn't given immunity. 'Nuff said.

Vote: Qman
. He's lurking; he's obviously scum (and not just gone for the holidays).
Boggzie wrote:Frankly, I'm terribly confused at the moment. I'm seeing it as playing backwards, i.e. awarding immunity. It's...weird.
Correct. That's why it hasn't gone anywhere. All in good time, my friend. But for now... well, we need to start somewhere. Mostly, everyone needs to say more. Come up with a strategy. Make unfounded accusations. Say anything that's on your mind. This is supposed to be an open, transparent system. That way, we get ideas flowing, get thinking, and can root out scum better.

Also,
OMGUSFOSWTFBBQ:farside22
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 01, 2008 2:00 pm

Post by Akonas »

Farside was yelling at me, even though it makes perfect sense for a townie to be voting for selfimmunity Day 1. So I don't see what y'all are complaining about.

I'm with ibaesha - I say we use votes here. It's like a safer version of regular Mafia - we can't lynch anyone until the polls open. I'm thinking BIIIIG bandwagons.

Also, keep in mind that arguments which could go either way (WIFOM) are perfectly legitimate if you're pointing out that it's not necessarily a tell either way, rather than claiming one way. It's like pointing out WIFOM in a smarter way. (Holy's argument).

Right now, I'm seeing hasdgfas and farside22 as a possible scum pair. And you all may be seeing Holy and I that way (funny how people always take sides). But we seem to be arguing something that MAKES SENSE - that's the difference.
hasdgfas wrote:WIFOM is one of those things that works kinda like that. Someone makes a WIFOM argument: "Scum wouldn't do X because they know that it's a bad idea."
hasdgfas wrote:vote: akonas
reasons: OMGUS is bad; farside has had excellent insight so far IMO, and the whole self-immunity thing.
I think the whole self-immunity thing has been discounted; it's in the interests of both town and scum. As a townie, well, it can get things riled up, get people to jump on you (either they don't realize it, or they're trying to mislead the town).

Vote:hasdgfas

Oh, and where is Oman? He posted in another thread; he's probably just about to post here.
VVV IF THIS ISN'T OMAN'S POST I'LL BE SUSPICIOUS. VVV
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #86 (isolation #7) » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:36 pm

Post by Akonas »

The partners thing... that was because it seemed that Holy and I were largely arguing at hasdgfas and farside22, while everyone else sat around like relatively civil people. I didn't mean anything by it, except to point out the state of things.

opie, post 74 wrote:Okay, I'm not sure if I follow you Akonas. Do you have any reason to suspect farside22 and hasdgfas as a scum pair other than the fact that they are have both been suspicious of you? And if you are sure that both are scum, then why did you single out hasdgfas over farside22 for your vote?
Well, I'm not sure they're scum. I've been blowing things somewhat out of proportion to get responses. However, I've been doingthat all game, joking somewhat but still saying something.

So, let's take a look at what they did (this is mostly just pointing out little things that bothered me):
farside22, post 26 wrote:Voting for yourself for immunity should never be considered.
immunity: hasdgfas
Immediate early link.
hasdgfas, post 61 wrote:
vote: akonas

reasons: OMGUS is bad; farside has had excellent insight so far IMO, and the whole self-immunity thing.
immunity: farside

I've liked what he's said so far.
Again, linking. And I don't see that farside's said that much that's been particularly insightful. But there's a definite link - they're helping each other out, clearly.

farside22, post 32 wrote:
hasdgfas wrote:well, once we decide who to give immunity to, we can open polls as soon as he/she has the most votes for immunity. It's just like normal mafia, except in reverse. You want votes during the day.
This will depend on two factors actually. One is how long we take to decide on the person who get immunity and two is if we have enough information from the immunity discussions to vote for who should be booted. The town needs to agree on who is the scummiest still because the scum have the more of an advantage in this game.
Both of them are assuming ahere that we're going to start with immunity discussions... and
not start deciding who to lynch until afterwards?
Yes, farside's moderating it a bit, but still assuming that both won't happen at the same time, something which seems to me quite delaying and quite absurd.
hasdgfas, post 52 wrote:
Holy wrote:
farside22 wrote:
FOS: Akonas
self immunity looks scummie.
Somehow true... But that kind of action seems attracting attentions, I still have a doubt that a scum would attract attention like that.
Hello Mr. WIFOM. How are you today?
WIFOM, but not. I still think it's a valid argument because scum probably wouldn't want to draw that much attention. I mean, sure, scum could want to seem pro-town, but self-immunity just draws attention, and doesn't make you seem pro-town. I'm not saying it's a real town tell, because it's not, but I don't see why scum would
want
to draw attention in that way.

The primary argument against me from hasdgfas and farside22 seems to be that I blow things out of proportion, largely based on my "OMGUSFOSWTFBBQ." A serious accusation, clearly. However, something didn't (and still doesn't) sit right with me regarding either of them. They both seem to be wanting to get on me, and the primary argument from the two of them is that I voted for selfimmunity (mostly to see if I could, and if I could, that'd be a good place to keep it; after all, I trust myself), and then did my FOS thingy. Now, I was already suspicious of farside22; I still am. I don't have any concrete evidence, but something doesn't sit right with me about them. They don't seem to be contributing that much, there's connections between them... right now I wouldn't be too unhappy with a lynch of one of them (which doesn't mean I want a lynch now, just that that's where my suspicions lie).

Farside22 complains of my so-called "hypocrosy" in post 61. But I just don't see how that argument holds any water. I asked for people to get conversation going and some accusations flowing. She does so, accuses me, I accuse her, and then she's calling me a hypocrite. It's not because of getting things going; it's because she doesn't sit well with me.

Oh, and:
QuickBen, post 42 wrote:Well that's true, but it takes a majority to open the polls anyway, so its not like they're going to open on us unexpectedly. I think it will be more interesting to keep the voting a secret until the mod tells us who voted for whom. Instead of scum getting to bandwagon with "me too" style votes, they'll have to either keep their votes spread out or give themselves up as a voting block. It will prevent them from acting with unity, taking away their major advantage. Closed voting will also give us LOTS to discuss the following day once we are given the voting record.
No, that's not quite true. We're likely to know where people's suspicions lie. And when it's a close vote, there can be problems. For example, suppose we were to run up a pro-town power role. Said person wouldn't want to reveal him/herself unless absolutely necessary, but if it was necessary, they would want to in order to keep town from lynching them. This way, no one is sure, so people don't have a chance to claim to clear themselves. This is why I want to keep voting known beforehand.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #107 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:06 pm

Post by Akonas »

I agree with Shanba. We need to hear more from the people who haven't been saying much. I've seen a few posts saying basically "Uh huh. Me too. You're all kind of suspicious, you know." I'd like to hear exactly where your suspicions lie.
FoS: ibaesha, Qman, Rigel, QuickBen. Talk more.

@farside22: You're painting me up as purely OMGUSing. I didn't trust you from the start. Looking back, I can't find any really huge scumtells - your first couple of posts just seemed unproductive, and I though that FOSing me for selfimmunity was kind of stupid.

The link I'm drawing between hasdgfas and farside22 isn't just because they agreed. They both seemed to be lauding each other for the first bit of the game. Now that I mention them as possible scum partners, they start attacking each other.

Yes, I thought farside's FoS was silly because it had very weak reasoning behind it. The OMGUS thing wasn't just OMGUS. We've been arguing and we can each claim OMGUS on the other. But it's Not. Just. OMGUS. Stop trying to portray me that way.

Someone said that farside and hasdgfas had traded immunity... I think it was just farside giving hasd immunity.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #120 (isolation #9) » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:11 am

Post by Akonas »

I would vote for the lurkers, but there's too many of them... it seems we're all just waiting for posts/prods.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #127 (isolation #10) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:02 am

Post by Akonas »

opie wrote:I'm convinced that at least one of those players is scum. The problem is, at this point, I just don't know who.
We could have our vig ki- Oh, wait.

There's definitely lurkerscum out there. But we can't get them when noboy's posting.
Mod: When can we have some prods?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #131 (isolation #11) » Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Post by Akonas »

It is confusing, what with the immunity and all, but, well, we need to get somewhere. We aren't really playing backwards, though; after the second page or so, we mostly started scumhunting instead of figuring out who to give immunity.

Who do you think is scummy? Why? You could try a reread; look back and see what juicy tidbits you can find. We'd like to hear analysis of people's playing. And some conclusions would be nice, even though they probably won't be well-supported at this point.

Tell us more than just that you're confused. It's a little bit unhelpful.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #147 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:47 am

Post by Akonas »

Vote: Qman

I agree. Let's keep track of votes from here on out.

Lynching lurkers isn't that bad of an idea. We'll get on them, get them to say something, hopefully.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (isolation #13) » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:45 am

Post by Akonas »

farside22 wrote: Top 3 scums
1) Qman - 1 good post and has vanished again. I've only played one game with him and usually he is a lot more vocal then this. This may just be meta for me.
2) Boggzie - His excuse just rings hollow in my ears and I just feel he couldn't handle the pressure when asked about a comment. He may feel he didn't understand the game, but with a simple question it shouldn't be difficult to answer.
3) QuickBen - Is he even here any more.
Yes most of my 3 are the lurkers of the bunch.
Sometimes people lurk because they're actually busy... that's the problem with lynching lurkers. One has to decide whether the lurkers are scummy or just lazy. I'm not getting much of a scum feel from Boggzie. QuickBen... Nothing? C'mon. Do a reread. Qman bugs me a bit.
farside22 wrote:I just felt most others have answered my questions and brought some good points into the game. My top two in doing this are:
1) Shanba
2) Opie
I know that Shanba has gone after opie for some tough reasons. I liked what he had to say. I would give immunity to Shanba before Opie for those reasons.
I could agree with you on Shanba, actually.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (isolation #14) » Wed Jan 16, 2008 7:31 am

Post by Akonas »

opie wrote:Please note that I am not saying
all
the scum are lurking, but I'm sure at least one is.
Iffy. While it's probable that at least one scum is lurking, scum are often quite active in their games in order to seem pro-town.
Qman wrote:Probably the bigest problem I have at the moment is he's taking shots and the player I currently consider to be the most pro-town.
Excuse me? I disagree with you on who's scummy; I don't see that's really a reason to hate on me. I especially don't think that that should be your
biggest reason

hasdgfas's last post:
hasdgfas wrote:Qman: you can call me Has, hasd, asdf, or cow, whichever is easiest for you.

So, if we were voting right now, my vote would be on
Akonas
. His reactions so far have been a bit iffy to me, and have rubbed me the wrong way.
Before that:
hasdgfas wrote:Let's just play this like we would a normal mafia game, except at the end of the day, before deadline, we vote for immunity for whomever we think is the most pro-town. We could have someone keep an unofficial vote count and then when someone reaches what would be lynch status, we all vote for immunity then open the polls.
Other than that, he hasn't posted since the 3rd.

I'm thinking hasd is our best candidate at the moment. I don't like his playstyle thus far because it seems like he's just trying to evade suspicion, say as much as he has to without actually saying anything.
Vote: hasdgfas
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (isolation #15) » Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:06 am

Post by Akonas »

hasdgfas wrote:Why mention anything about two anti-town groups? There's nothing to make anyone think that from one death. Do you know something we don't. (this is the "first one to mention something often has extra knowledge of it" scumtell, for those of you who don't know it)
I don't know how anyone would know there were two scum groups (unless they were serial killer, and this being a theme game, you never know). I mentioned it because there was only one night kill. This implies that either a) There is one scum group, or b) some pro-town person interfered with the other one.
hasdgfas wrote:
Akonas wrote:Mmkay, listen here a minute. If we all just random vote for immunity, then the mafia will sneak in an extra vote or two here or there, and they can get the guy they want elected (more votes than anyone else!)
That being said, it probably doesn't matter until the end of the month, but it's worth keeping in mind. That being said,
Immunity: QuickBen
Right about mafia can try to make the person immune that they want immune, but it's not like a normal mafia game where once they hit majority it's automatically given to them. We have until deadline hits to change who we want to give immunity to.
Yes, but it's better to be sitting on nothing than sitting on something when that something can hurt you. Immunity's something we want to be careful about, especially since that makes it harder for scum to get elected. By all means, vote for immunity for someone1
if you're pretty sure you think they're town
hasdgfas wrote:Blah, blah not serious OMGUS obviously. But still, one person suspecting you isn't the end of the world. Why are you even reacting to it by suspecting them, even in a not-quite-so-serious way? We've been over the self-immunity thing already, a nulltell, but while I think it's a nulltell, I also think that scum would be more likely to want it because they have more of a priority of staying alive.
WIFOM
. I was testing the rule, and if I get the timestamp for immunity, that's good for me.
hasdgfas wrote:Why do you automatically assume that people are pairing up? There wasn't really much of a connection between you until you mentioned something.
We seemed to be the most active, arguing on one side of the conversation agains hasdgfas and farside22; Holy seemed pretty pro-town. Also,
Qman:
You said it was opie; it was Holy.

FoS: Rigel, ibaesha
. LURK LESS >.<
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (isolation #16) » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:10 am

Post by Akonas »

hasdgfas wrote:And the case on me isn't silly because it's based almost solely on the fact that I asked a question whether voting was open or closed?
Oh, come on. There's more to it than that; your post is just trying to obscure that fact and discourage thought/consideration of how to vote.
QuickBen wrote:After her post, I feel comfortable giving immunity to Holy.
What about her post, exactly?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #207 (isolation #17) » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:46 pm

Post by Akonas »

Elias_the_thief wrote:You know, I'm not so sure that making it public who we plan to vote for is a good idea. It kind of gives scum a big advantage, knowing where most of the town is going. Since scum are the only ones who would change from what they say, it gives them a lot of power over who is lynched.
Wrong. If someone changes their vote, then we'll be very suspicious of them. What you're advocating is obscuring people's votes, thereby giving scum room to maneuver, change their votes, lynch town. If we keep the whole system transparent, people have to vote for who they say they will or we as a town will be quite angry at them. It's a safeguard.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (isolation #18) » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:27 am

Post by Akonas »

Rigel wrote:
Akonas:
I don't feel that you're playing very pro-town. There have been many instances throughout the game where you've been criticized for your actions, and you never really seem to defend yourself.
Excuse me? I've been defending myself somewhat. You haven't been defending yourself. What exactly have I not responded to yet?
Rigel wrote:All in all, I'm going to have to say that, if I had to vote today, I'd vote for Akonas. None of the bandwagons seem very strong, but I'm leaning towards his simply because he's not trying to defend himself as much as hasdgfas is. However, I don't like QuietBen's few posts--he's too quiet, ironically enough, and he's not really saying much. He's also very impulsive, which I don't get a good vibe from. However, there's no solid evidence for or against his lynch, so I'm going to stick with Akonas for the time being.

Vote: Akonas
Not trying to defend myself as much? HAsdgfas hasn't been posting much at all, and the only defense I've seen from him recently has been that the case against him is entirely based on the fact that he asked for rules clarification (something I don't find scummy). However, I invite anyone here to look over the last few pages. Look at the amount of content, the amount of stuff I've said, and look at the amount hasdgfas has said. I find his lack of content disturbing. The only people I've seen hasdgfas talk about are himself and me, and a little bit about holy and farside. That's it. None of the "houghts on others should be coming soon." he promised back in post 174
Qman wrote:
opie wrote:Obviously I'm fine with my vote for farside22. And I understand the votes for Shanba. But the votes for QuickBen and Qman have me scratching my head.
Holy said my avatar was cute. Duh. (That's really the whole reason as far as I know, since the vote won't change who gets immunity I'm not that worried.)

I'd be okay not lynching cow and lynching Akonas instead as they are my top two. We can always just lynch Hcow tomorrow if it comes to that, he will be my top suspect going into night though.
Geez. I don't think that lynching me so that you can lynch hasdgfas tomorrow is all that great of a strategy... consider who you would actually most like to have killed. New information will surely come up tomorrow, and you want tomorrow to be more than just a quicklynch. Please please PLEASE at least just think the lynch through.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #270 (isolation #19) » Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Post by Akonas »

I also feel the game is stagnating somewhat. The problem is, I'm not really sure what to say/who to vote for. I'm not feeling the current wagons.. except possibly Elias. His style doesn't sit right with me. And at the moment, I can't find any good quotes to pull, so I'll just go with the gut.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #20) » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:26 am

Post by Akonas »

farside22 wrote:2 people brought up the post you did where you put me and hascow together as partners. Have you changed your mind in regards to that? Do you still feel it is a pattern you saw that others are bringing up?
I'm not particularly suspicious of you at the moment, no. I think you've been acting fairly townlike.
farside22 wrote:At first I thought it an odd thing for the Mod to put two people as scum in a game that was scum
I'm sorry? I don't quite understand.
Elias_The_Thief wrote:Hrm. After rereading, I really dont see why anyone would want Rigel dead. For one, I'm fairly certain now that Akonas is not scum, and that was who Rigel was after in his few posts. If anything, scum would want him around to puch the Akonas wagon.
I agree; on the other hand, they may be killing him to make me seem like scum getting him off me. Either way, I think it was stupid; I was suspicious of Rigel meself.

Holy's last few posts bother me. She's not really saying much; I'd like to see longer posts with more commentary. More substance. Same goes for QuickBen and anyone else who isn't posting; do a reread. What do you think of the current accusations?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #21) » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:58 am

Post by Akonas »

Holy wrote:@farside22 & Akonas: Okay, actually... I have re-read and already state my current stance toward my suspect. And for now, all I have for my new suspicions are only guts, not much to say.
What are they? Guts are important; talk is useful but in the end it mostly just serves to affect your gut suspicions IMO.

You say you're busy, yet you've been posting quite regularly--
and not saying much in any of your posts
FoS: Holy

What happened to Qman's promised post, along with Elias and Shanba and Gorgon? Unfortunately, we don't really have anything on ibaesha/Gorgon, as ibaesha posted just about nothing.

QuickBen: Weigh in on
EVERYTHING
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (isolation #22) » Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:01 am

Post by Akonas »

Vote: Elias_the_thief
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (isolation #23) » Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:24 am

Post by Akonas »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I'm far from tunnelvisioning. I felt that it the lurkers could wait, but the response from farside was more important. The refusal to post that list is a mixture of stubborness (in that he told me to as opposed to requesting one) and that I'm lazy.

As for my playstyle, I play agressively, and if I get accused falsely or with stupid arguments I get pissed off. Regardless of alignment. Just a heads up.
It seems you play reactionarily. I'm not sure whether that is a scumtell; it can be.

I posted a "vote" because Elias was bothering me; something about my gut. Something like a glorified FoS. I think it's that there was this sudden explosion from him, when before he'd been lurking.
Shanba wrote:OK, I managed to fail to finish a rered of a 12 page game. I need to work on my dedication...
please?

Holy is bothering me as well, but I'm not sure if that's playstyle either. Either way, please be more forthcoming.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #331 (isolation #24) » Thu Feb 14, 2008 6:57 am

Post by Akonas »

. Looking back, I don't like her; she doesn't seem to be saying much of late.

I don't see the fact that farside didn't notice has on her own to be scummy, though I do find it interesting that she and Elias are going at each other the way they are.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #358 (isolation #25) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:18 am

Post by Akonas »

Elias_the_thief wrote:
immunity: Akonas
Reasoning?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #359 (isolation #26) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:28 am

Post by Akonas »

(ah, I see Gorgon already took care of it for me)
farside22 wrote:
Akonas wrote:
. Looking back, I don't like her; she doesn't seem to be saying much of late.

I don't see the fact that farside didn't notice has on her own to be scummy, though I do find it interesting that she and Elias are going at each other the way they are.
I think I was the first person on day one to lay any case against Holy at all.
This post bothers me; it's not saying anything other than "look at me, I'm great!"

The argument between Farside and Elias really bothers me. There seems to be a definite lack of real content, and I think that this is contributing because there's not much to say when you're not saying much.

Where's Shanba?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #27) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:13 am

Post by Akonas »

Elias_the_thief wrote:I was just gauging his response to it...i dont get why everyone is so bothered by it.
Mostly because you then responded to holy's vote with a request for reasoning without giving any of your own.
Elias_the_thief, Jan 18, Day 1 wrote:the case against Akonas seems kind of silly and exaggerated. But its enough to make him unworthy of immunity.
What changed? I'm assuming it's "I am not very suspicious of Akonas. The case on him sucked yesterday, and his full support of the Hasdgfas wagon only reinforces his townness. "

Elias voted for hasdgfas "on the basis of the NK of SJ", and didn't support himself all that well at the beginning, which I'm assuming is because he just came in. Just mentioning.

Holy wrote:Okay Rigel, I guess I'll downgrade my suspicion towards you because I can accept your explanation about it I guess.

About Akonas, I'm thinking what he said about more than 1 scum-group, I speculate about an SK, I don't know if an SK interpreted as group by him, but if he's an SK, we can avoid 2 deaths tonight. So, I'm thinking about Akonas lynch more than hasdgfas lynch right now based on that.
This is your only justification for voting me, it seems.
Vote: Holy.
After rereading, I don't like you.

We still need to hear more from more people, especially QuickBen.
Mod:
A round of prods, please?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #367 (isolation #28) » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:38 pm

Post by Akonas »

Elias_the_thief wrote:How are those the least bit comparable?
Elias_the_thief, post 352 wrote:
immunity: Akonas
Elias_the_thief, post 355 wrote:
Holy wrote:
Immunity: farside22.
reasoning?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (isolation #29) » Wed Feb 20, 2008 11:45 am

Post by Akonas »

This farside/Elias thing strikes me as bickering. I want to hear more of content from Shanba and Holy, and Qman. I think we need a real bandwagon or something, and in a game with no real votes and a silently creeping deadline, it's easy to stagnate.

And farside, the votes now do mean something. They show who people think is suspicious and by extension who they will vote for later.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #412 (isolation #30) » Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:42 am

Post by Akonas »

I'm tunnelvisioned. I only want to catch scum.

Seriously guys, you seem like a couple of bickering townies. Our real problem right now, though, is lurkerness. MgM: where are your thoughts? Same goes for Shanba, whoever else...
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #31) » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:45 pm

Post by Akonas »

Shanba: You haven't done much this game. You were all fine and dandy, blasting out with cannons roaring Day 1, and then Day 2 comes around and it's like you never woke up from last night.

You nailed Boggzie earlier as well. What about Elias? Do you think he's scum?

Gorgon: Because they haven't really said much (in my opinion). They've been arguing without saying much of substance (like Shanba, I'm a bit lazy to do a reread of all this crap), but they're just going at each other's throats. Perhaps if they each gave a quick scummary of the other?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #32) » Wed Feb 27, 2008 5:06 pm

Post by Akonas »

Gorgon: How about Holy? I think she's doing some similar lurky things; what do you think?
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:44 am

Post by Akonas »

Both can work, but I see Mgm's point as valid. The problem is, it's not all that great of a discussion-causing accusation.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #459 (isolation #34) » Sat Mar 01, 2008 1:34 pm

Post by Akonas »

farside22 wrote:
Here are some initial thoughts after Day One/Night One. Now that hasdgfas turned up scum, I can't ignore Akonas' comments regarding the farside22/hasdgfas connection. Here are the connections that I see as significant (many, if not all of these points have been made by others, Akonas in particular):
Mind you rereading his post from day one he didn't say or thing anything about this. If fact he thought the opposite.
I did say there was a connection between you two on Day 1, I just don't think you're scum any more.

I think your case is a bit weak, farside. People change their minds. It is worth noting that he changed his mind, but I don't see it as that strong of a case.

Holy: follower. IGMEOY.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #464 (isolation #35) » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:30 am

Post by Akonas »

I'm not really sure who's on top of my scumdar. I could vote for Holy or opie.
Akonas
Akonas
Goon
Akonas
Goon
Goon

Post Post #479 (isolation #36) » Fri Mar 07, 2008 8:43 pm

Post by Akonas »

Drat. Go town! Don't let me down!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”