Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:15 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1273, malpascp wrote:Math wouldn't go for the obvious kill in his situation, that's what I feel. He would go for someone who had a stronger read on him than Vifam did, be it a town or a scum read.

@Math: don't take it as an insult, your playstyle might come handy sometimes but i think you think a bit *too much* outside-the-box.
I still don't get the "why" of it all, but that's probably the best answer I'm getting, isn't it?
KMD is the coolest dude who ever lost a bet to me - vonflare
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:19 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

I think we've slowed down enough that I don't need to declare V/LAs over it anymore, but I am working doubles today and tomorrow, so if anyone needs me, it might take a bit before I get back to you.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:37 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 1275, Kmd4390 wrote:
In post 1273, malpascp wrote:Math wouldn't go for the obvious kill in his situation, that's what I feel. He would go for someone who had a stronger read on him than Vifam did, be it a town or a scum read.

@Math: don't take it as an insult, your playstyle might come handy sometimes but i think you think a bit *too much* outside-the-box.
I still don't get the "why" of it all, but that's probably the best answer I'm getting, isn't it?
NKing confirmed town is usually the way to go. I've yet to see Math do something that can be considered "normal" or "orthodox". Hence I feel (gut mainly) that Math wouldn't have killed Vifam. I also think he would go for someone who had a strong read on him (being it scum or town) to further try to mindfuck us on the WIFOMy ways of said NK.
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:21 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

My reads have not changed much.

Given the info we have from SD, level of scum hunting effort and general feel, I think Almost50 is town. I also still think MathBlade is town for possessing the dayvig. Their reasoning does not make sense to me, but still believe they are town. In some Twilight Zone world, if these two are the scum team, I give them a standing ovation.

I like what I see from both malp and Kmd. But something tells me one of them is likely scum. Because right now, my top two suspect for scum are McMenno and Pep. However, I don't think it is likely that they are scum together. If they are both scum, we were being played all the way back in the first posts with the interaction between McMenno and ThinkBig. Not impossible, but I don't think it's very likely. If McMenno and Pep are not a team then one of malp or Kmd are most likely the remaining scum. I haven't looked at what pairings make the most sense. Will attempt that after work this evening.

For now, I am most comfortable choosing between McMenno and Pep. Considering possible pairings will hopefully make it clearer which one is the better choice.
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:12 am

Post by Vince McMahon »

Vote Count 4.02
Ms. Columbo
(0/4)
-
Pepchoninga
(1/4)
- McMenno
Kmd4390
(0/4)
-
Almost Chara
(0/4)
-
McMenno
(0/4)
-
MathBlade
(0/4)
-
Malpascp
(0/4)
-
Not Voting:
Ms. Columbo, Pepchoninga, Kmd4390, Almost50, Mathblade, Malpascp

Notes:
- :)

(expired on 2017-02-11 12:20:00) until the end of Day Four.
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Almost50 »

So, we're likely lynching between Pep and McMenno?? If that's the case then I will be voting Pep over McMenno, but I still need Pep himself to come online and tell us what he thinks as it may change my view completely.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:16 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Malpa, so your arguement is that math lacks common sense and wouldn't listen to a scum partner? And you really believe that?
In post 1280, Almost50 wrote:So, we're likely lynching between Pep and McMenno?? If that's the case then I will be voting Pep over McMenno, but I still need Pep himself to come online and tell us what he thinks as it may change my view completely.
If it is, I'll vote mcmenno but I'm not at all confident he flips scum. Malpa with math or columbo still makes more sense to me.
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:29 pm

Post by malpascp »

I don't mean Math lacks common sense, I mean he'd try to outsmart us by killing someone "unexpected". You're right I didn't take into account his partner, but he might just be less interested in the game or convinced by Math.
Either way Math is a vig so can we please just not lynch the vig k thx
Also I'd like to hear why you think I'm scum, and with those 2 of all people (srsly though I'm scum with Math? i actually laughed at that one)
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1281, Kmd4390 wrote:Malpa, so your arguement is that math lacks common sense and wouldn't listen to a scum partner? And you really believe that?
In post 1280, Almost50 wrote:So, we're likely lynching between Pep and McMenno?? If that's the case then I will be voting Pep over McMenno, but I still need Pep himself to come online and tell us what he thinks as it may change my view completely.
If it is, I'll vote mcmenno but I'm not at all confident he flips scum. Malpa with math or columbo still makes more sense to me.
LOL Most of the time when I do have partners we end up trying to discuss what would mindfuck the most but also what is safest. I am not scum this game but if either of you are going to make arguments as to what I would or would not do as scum despite not playing with me you should cite games where I do what you say.

...kmd's post is scummy as hell.

Good god...Why is everyone competing for scum fuck of the year?

Only townread I have is mal and that's because <redacted>.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Malpa, see my ISO. I've been saying little by little what stands out about you. I fully admit a lot is gut and PoE but there has been more.

Math, lol so you agree with me about WIFOMing what you would do with the NK being pointless, but then call me scum for saying it.
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:18 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

It may be the slow pace of the game today (meaning this RL day) but something has me feeling stuck. I don't want to lynch between pep/mcmenno because I'm much more confident in malpa/math/columbo. So I pulled up Leon's ISO.

Remember when he thought mcmenno's early use of his ability was funny and it rubbed me the wrong way? My issue was that it sounded like scum going "lol town is wasting abilities". Well now we know Leon was scum. So mcmenno being town here makes sense.

He was also the one to initially point out that columbo's questions sounded like newb town. In the same sentence, he called the same questions awkward. I could see this being scum looking for a reason to justify a town read on a scum buddy. Leon's posts directed at columbo, or about columbo, also feel pretty soft throughout the ISO.

Just a few thoughts.
Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Vince McMahon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 1:29 pm

Post by Vince McMahon »

In post 1279, Vince McMahon wrote:
Vote Count 4.02
Ms. Columbo
(0/4)
-
Pepchoninga
(1/4)
- McMenno
Kmd4390
(0/4)
-
Almost Chara
(0/4)
-
McMenno
(0/4)
-
MathBlade
(0/4)
-
Malpascp
(0/4)
-
Not Voting:
Ms. Columbo, Pepchoninga, Kmd4390, Almost50, Mathblade, Malpascp

Notes:
- :)

(expired on 2017-02-11 12:20:00) until the end of Day Four.
With seven alive, it takes four to lynch.
Only change was a prod of McMenno.
Mod of WWE Mafia - Ask Me About Joining "Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club!"
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1284, Kmd4390 wrote:Malpa, see my ISO. I've been saying little by little what stands out about you. I fully admit a lot is gut and PoE but there has been more.

Math, lol so you agree with me about WIFOMing what you would do with the NK being pointless, but then call me scum for saying it.
It was your second paragraph I had issues with.

Mainly: "If it is, I'll vote mcmenno but I'm not at all confident he flips scum. Malpa with math or columbo still makes more sense to me."

You are trying to compromise when no one is doing anything yet to warrant it like "I guess I will vote this person if I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaave to" is how that feels.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:17 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

Well that's basically my exact thoughts so.... yeah

It has more to do with pep than mcmenno though.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:36 pm

Post by Almost50 »

So, I'm starting to wonder if there's something "hidden" in this game that makes people unable to POST for some time. I don't understand why both Columbus and McMenno have fallen out despite it being "slow" as Kmd put it.

@Kmd:

I can see your point about McMenno. Fortunately, I still have that little bit of a Town read on him. I don't see why Pep is Townier than him though (but I'll accept "guts" for now as "rational reasoning" has lead us astray thus far.

I could also degrade my read on Mal now, albeit for the silliest reason you'd ever get: Mathblade is Town reading him hard!!

It's been a long day and I'm sleep deprived though so perhaps I should not have been posting to begin with. I know I don't make much sense when I can hardy open my eyes, so feel free to disregard this post and consider it a mere prod-dodge.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:02 pm

Post by McMenno »

prod received
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:55 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

I haven't had a chance to fully read for possible pairs. About 10 pages into a reread but not much stands out yet. Given pep and McMenno have the current focus:

How likely do you think the two are the remaining scum team?

My original thought was these two don't make sense as scum together based on the early interaction between McMenno and ThinkBig. ThinkBig's reaction to McMenno seemed genuine. Still find it unlikely this was svs interaction. Anyone think this was a play?

I think Kmd already answered my question:
In post 1281, Kmd4390 wrote:
I get a bit concerned at the above because I think Math is town and I know my alignment. My guess though is this is town trying to sort the game.

@Kmd - Have you been reading the TB/pep slot as town since the beginning? (that's my leap from the the first 10 pages to these last few pages) If so, can you explain it?
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:17 am

Post by Kmd4390 »

Yes, I've never once questioned the slot and never will. I've never been more confident on a read in my entire mafia career than I am on pep being town.

Go back and look at thinkbig's reaction to mcmenno's shot again. He clearly shows that he knows mcmenno shot town. It's a stretch to say that that makes mcmenno scum, and it's bad logic on thinkbig's part, but you can see that that's what he truly believes. In thinkbig's mind, mcmenno shot town so he's scum. Then he can't believe that no one sees it and he replaces out. It was poor play, but it was obvtown. People tend to suspect poor play as scummy play, but that's because they refuse to try to get inside the player's head. Why, as scum, would a player who believes they are dying anyway inisist that they player who shot them was scum and do absolutely nothing else even when the shot is stopped? That's town who believes scum shot them.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:41 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1288, Kmd4390 wrote:Well that's basically my exact thoughts so.... yeah

And that thought process is a scum one not a town one.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:43 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 1292, Kmd4390 wrote:Yes, I've never once questioned the slot and never will. I've never been more confident on a read in my entire mafia career than I am on pep being town.

Go back and look at thinkbig's reaction to mcmenno's shot again. He clearly shows that he knows mcmenno shot town. It's a stretch to say that that makes mcmenno scum, and it's bad logic on thinkbig's part, but you can see that that's what he truly believes. In thinkbig's mind, mcmenno shot town so he's scum. Then he can't believe that no one sees it and he replaces out. It was poor play, but it was obvtown. People tend to suspect poor play as scummy play, but that's because they refuse to try to get inside the player's head. Why, as scum, would a player who believes they are dying anyway inisist that they player who shot them was scum and do absolutely nothing else even when the shot is stopped? That's town who believes scum shot them.
If he knows who is Town and who is scum that makes the person who knows Think Big scum. Pep replaced Think Big.

I don't see how you get a townread off that.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Kmd4390
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
Kmd4390
I lost a bet.
I lost a bet.

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Post by Kmd4390 »

In post 1293, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1288, Kmd4390 wrote:Well that's basically my exact thoughts so.... yeah

And that thought process is a scum one not a town one.
Because you are scum reading pep and I say he's town?

I don't get what you are trying to say in the other post.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

- Prodding Malpascp.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
KuroiXHF
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
KuroiXHF
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:20 pm

Post by KuroiXHF »

Scratch that. He's on V/LA.
"and now i am TURNED ON AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!" - KainTepes

I'm regularly V/LA on the weekends. If this is the weekend and I've not said otherwise, please assume I'm on V/LA.
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:02 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

In post 1294, MathBlade wrote:
In post 1292, Kmd4390 wrote:Yes, I've never once questioned the slot and never will. I've never been more confident on a read in my entire mafia career than I am on pep being town.

If he knows who is Town and who is scum that makes the person who knows Think Big scum. Pep replaced Think Big.

I don't see how you get a townread off that.
Math - I didn't quite follow. What I hear Kmd saying is that ThinkBig's response was a response from someone who knew they themselves were town and being attacked. Think Big then assumed that the attack must be coming from scum (although if Town, he couldn't actually know it was scum.)
Ms Columbo
Ms Columbo
Goon
Ms Columbo
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Ms Columbo »

@Kmd - If I believe you and pep are town, from my perspective that means McMenno and Malp are scum (I believe Math and Almost are town primarily due to what we've learned from SD).

Does a McMenno/Malp team work?

Malp has thrown all sorts of shade on McMenno. Should town-Malp be committed to vote for McMenno by this point? Was Dodge onto something when he said this:
In post 988, DodgeTheSaint wrote: If McMenno turns out to be scum, I think Malp's random skeptism looks like bad bussing. Something to consider. (I guess I remember something about malp after all)
Malp has also indicated suspicions of pep and that he doesn't know which to choose.

In regards to Math, looking at the town/scum roles we see in SD and what we've seen so far here, unless the remaining town has some fairly strong PRs, I don't see a scum day-vig making sense in our brand. If it wasn't for that, I could see scum-Math.

@Almost - what do you think of a McMenno/Malp team?

@mod - how long is malp V/LA? Is pep V/LA as well?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”