Mini 1867 -- TBD Mafia [game over]

Desperado
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pronoun: He

Post Post #975  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:43 pm

In post 973, SnarkySnowman wrote:>3 confirmed town and one scum left maximum

Sorry what? I get the 3 confirmed town from your perspective but what do you mean by the other part


if you had flipped scum there would only be one scum left, max. any more would mean we started with an SK, three group scum, and a two man survivor team, which means it would have been 7 v 3 v 2 v 1

ps i dont trust anything you say. your information suggests it was two man survivor team + sk + one scum + three other third parties (four if you go by what you said originally), which means it would have been....6v2v1v1v1v1v1(v1)?

lol
;)

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #976  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:50 pm

I mean you assume I don't think it's ridiculous? Come on now :/ m
My guess is there are only 4 town (based on Narnas claimed info) and it's more like 4v2v2v1v1v1v1 or something silly like that. Clearly this is an extremely bastard game, do you expect it to follow normal proportions?

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #977  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

In post 956, Azral wrote:^terrible post
basically admitting the claim is probably legit, then ignoring it.


fwiw I have more reasons to believe frank is scum today than anyone else but doctor claim = assume true as far as I'm concerned.

Wat

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #978  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Narn was a secret scum read D1. Ill go back and see if the post that bothered me D1 is still wierd.

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #979  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

In post 955, Alisae wrote:It's a fake claim to cover up his lurkyness D1.

Meh

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #980  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Is 2 vigs normal? Couldnt a scum just say they are a vig in this situation?

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #981  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Az+Ali scum?

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #982  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:21 pm

Nvm prolly not

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #983  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:25 pm

KT wow such troll. Much funny

FrankJaeger
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 25, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #984  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:47 pm

How come when im here you guys dip jw

Desperado
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pronoun: He

Post Post #985  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:56 pm

im always here babe
;)

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #986  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 6:06 pm

In post 980, FrankJaeger wrote:Is 2 vigs normal? Couldnt a scum just say they are a vig in this situation?

Happens all the time. This is why I have Azral as top scumread. If Davsto is Mason Vig then all other Vigs are bad guys.

Azral
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #987  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:35 pm

In post 975, Desperado wrote:if you had flipped scum there would only be one scum left, max. any more would mean we started with an SK, three group scum, and a two man survivor team, which means it would have been 7 v 3 v 2 v 1

ps i dont trust anything you say. your information suggests it was two man survivor team + sk + one scum + three other third parties (four if you go by what you said originally), which means it would have been....6v2v1v1v1v1v1(v1)?

lol

In post 976, SnarkySnowman wrote:I mean you assume I don't think it's ridiculous? Come on now :/ m
My guess is there are only 4 town (based on Narnas claimed info) and it's more like 4v2v2v1v1v1v1 or something silly like that. Clearly this is an extremely bastard game, do you expect it to follow normal proportions?

In post 980, FrankJaeger wrote:Is 2 vigs normal? Couldnt a scum just say they are a vig in this situation?

okay I'm gonna need you all to wake up to facts that are right in front of you.

Roles were not randomly assigned. Obviously.

The setup is not normal. Strong odds it's not even balanced. It has a shit ton of factions, whether or not Snarky is telling us the truth, a shit ton of killing roles, weird mechanics (secret double votes, possible influence by dead players, mid-game changes at mod discretion, ???), possible (unconfirmed) lynchers. Some players have extra info.

If you're lynching based on expecting this game to be normal you're gonna have a bad time. You're going to get fucking steamrolled.

My interpretation? The setup isn't designed to be normal. It's designed to be fun (which it is) and give us all a chance to play the perfect game, where we have the roles and mechanics we all wanted, according to the questionnaire. The only exceptions are when strict adherence to the questionnaire would make things less fun.

There's symmetry here -

Mason, one or more weaker info roles
Mason Vig, one or more weaker vig roles

That symmetry makes me say, okay. I know we have a mason vig and another limited town vig. That's two. Then we have another mason and four additional info roles including a cop, watcher, and questionnaire info roles. That's SIX. And despite this number, almost none of them actually got any info last night! WTF

I'm sorry but this doesn't compute.

So, wake up already. We should either be lynching in that group OR lynching based on behavior without consideration of roles. Which might be the best idea, and from my pov still points toward the same players. (Not a coincidence.)

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #988  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:52 pm

In post 986, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 980, FrankJaeger wrote:Is 2 vigs normal? Couldnt a scum just say they are a vig in this situation?

Happens all the time. This is why I have Azral as top scumread. If Davsto is Mason Vig then all other Vigs are bad guys.

Not agreeing or disagreeing, but why is Azral the bad guy and not Davsto, if there is only one vig?

Desperado
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pronoun: He

Post Post #989  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:53 pm

because davsto is confirmed town
;)

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #990  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 pm

Azral you're off your rocker

In post 987, Azral wrote:The setup is not normal. Strong odds it's not even balanced. It has a shit ton of factions, whether or not Snarky is telling us the truth, a shit ton of killing roles, weird mechanics (secret double votes, possible influence by dead players, mid-game changes at mod discretion, ???), possible (unconfirmed) lynchers. Some players have extra info.

Hi son what makes you suggest mid-game alignment changes? Have you any info relating to that, because I haven't seen any hint of that either in game nor questionnaire.

In post 987, Azral wrote:If you're lynching based on expecting this game to be normal you're gonna have a bad time. You're going to get fucking steamrolled.

Ho Ho Ha Ha

In post 987, Azral wrote:My interpretation? The setup isn't designed to be normal. It's designed to be fun (which it is) and give us all a chance to play the perfect game, where we have the roles and mechanics we all wanted, according to the questionnaire. The only exceptions are when strict adherence to the questionnaire would make things less fun.

There's symmetry here -

Mason, one or more weaker info roles
Mason Vig, one or more weaker vig roles

That symmetry makes me say, okay. I know we have a mason vig and another limited town vig. That's two. Then we have another mason and four additional info roles including a cop, watcher, and questionnaire info roles. That's SIX. And despite this number, almost none of them actually got any info last night! WTF

I'm sorry but this doesn't compute.

So, wake up already. We should either be lynching in that group OR lynching based on behavior without consideration of roles. Which might be the best idea, and from my pov still points toward the same players. (Not a coincidence.)

Okay so
1) this is not a normal game so we shouldn't make any assumptions
2) we should assume one of those isn't true and should lynch in this pool because you think so

like it's one or the other buddy

make up your mind

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #991  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:56 pm

In post 989, Desperado wrote:because davsto is confirmed town

Hi please quote / link me where we know this from

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #992  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Of the informational peoples, I think KainTepes claim is the most suspicious. It's ambiguous and the net benefit to whatever alignment he's with is unrealized. I believe Frank's claim because his doccing works the same way as my copping. The next most suspicious info role would be Alisae, since a watcher with no info where literally almost everyone visited is highly unlikely. Snarky is somewhere in the middle as I believe he is a Lyncher who isn't a top priority target right now.

I am getting paranoid about Desp and Davsto being cultists, because I can't think of any other factions that explain the 7 cited by Snarky. Not willing to lynch there toDay though.

Narna's slowing down of obv-Town behavior is irking me too.

ɀefiend
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: April 29, 2013
Pronoun: He

Post Post #993  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:02 pm

Snarky, Davsto and Desp are Masons with each other. I have no reason to disbelieve this because of my read on Desp. However it is possible they could be going with a ballsy claim as Cultists.

The main thing that's driving my vote is that I just don't think there can be two town Vigs. If Azral somehow flips town, then maybe the Mafia get scared and shoot Davsto the fake vig, (for being part of another faction) and then we lynch Desp. I don't fucking know, this is all just hypothetical.

Azral
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #994  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:04 pm

In post 990, SnarkySnowman wrote:Hi son what makes you suggest mid-game alignment changes? Have you any info relating to that, because I haven't seen any hint of that either in game nor questionnaire.

That's the least important part of that paragraph.
It's not confirmed. But it's on the questionnaire, so entirely possible.

In post 990, SnarkySnowman wrote:Ho Ho Ha Ha

That's mildly sinister.

In post 990, SnarkySnowman wrote:Okay so
1) this is not a normal game so we shouldn't make any assumptions
2) we should assume one of those isn't true and should lynch in this pool because you think so

like it's one or the other buddy

make up your mind

No it's not one or the other.

It's: pay attention to what we know about the setup. Act according to that.

We know the setup isn't normal and roles are not random. So don't pretend it is.

We also have enough information now to make an educated guess what IS true about the setup. So let's use that knowledge.

Desperado
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pronoun: He

Post Post #995  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 pm

In post 991, SnarkySnowman wrote:
In post 989, Desperado wrote:because davsto is confirmed town

Hi please quote / link me where we know this from


pretty sure that would get me modkilled
;)

Desperado
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 18, 2013
Location: Raleigh, NC
Pronoun: He

Post Post #996  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 pm

which would still ironically confirm davsto as town
;)

Azral
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #997  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:05 pm

In post 993, ɀefiend wrote:If Azral somehow flips town, then maybe the Mafia get scared and shoot Davsto the fake vig, (for being part of another faction) and then we lynch Desp.

what

Azral
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: June 27, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #998  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:07 pm

In post 992, ɀefiend wrote:Of the informational peoples, I think KainTepes claim is the most suspicious. It's ambiguous and the net benefit to whatever alignment he's with is unrealized. I believe Frank's claim because his doccing works the same way as my copping. The next most suspicious info role would be Alisae, since a watcher with no info where literally almost everyone visited is highly unlikely. Snarky is somewhere in the middle as I believe he is a Lyncher who isn't a top priority target right now.

Yeah I actually agree with most of this except I might flip Ali and KT.
I find KT somewhat baffling.

SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 24, 2015
Location: Boston, MA

Post Post #999  (ISO)  » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:09 pm

I'm not really suspicious of KainTepes personally, I think that makes sense with his play and only seems weird because of how he worded it (NAI for him)
Frank is believable enough for now, and I already commented on why zefiend doesn't make sense as group scum
Agree that Ali is suspicious but also it's not a super useful role if half the people here can visit other people

If I were a 3p lyncher I wouldn't have claimed anything relating to being a lyncher :/ I mean I know reverse psychology is a thing but also that's not how I play

Desp / Dav can be a scumteam like Ari / McMenno are, and Dav shooting Ari doesn't check out for me as making him town. I'm okay sitting on this for the moment but I think we should address it sooner than later.

Azral claim is fine for me I guess but his logic is super flawed and is not very town at all

Narna is pretty townie to me tbh

I think that's everyone.

Based on claims alone, I'd rank it as such:

LYNCH
Ali
Azral
Davsto
Desp
KT / zefiend / frank / Narna
NOT LYNCH


Otherwise:

LYNCH
Azral / Ali
Davsto
anyone else
NOT LYNCH

Not really anyone else tho tbh

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Theme Games