Newbie 1769: Happy New Year! (Post-Game)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox
Pronoun: he/it

Post Post #2675 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:52 pm

Post by schadd_ »

goodjob to shade as well
free darius mccollum
todays featured user: mith

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2676 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2672, cassielle wrote:scum earned their win. no question on my end.
I truly am sorry for upsetting you the way I did.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
"You type like a Bond villain." - DogWatch
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2677 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

Hi everyone, so I just want to say that this was a really fun game to watch go down; most newbie games suffer from low activity, low gameplay, and frequent replacements, and while we might have had just a couple patches of that, everyone in the game made up for it by playing really hard and staying active and most apparently caring about the game, which is awesome. Special thanks obviously to RC, -Grey- and Cassielle for replacing in, both of our scum replaced out rather early and I was kind of afraid the game was going to get really abysmal after that, but nah, you were all awesome to mod for anyway.

For some of the people that might be new to the game, a 100+ newbie game is usually pretty rare; in edition, anyone who feels badly about their play this game, shouldn't! Newbie games are for learning, whether you join the site a month ago, or you're the most skilled player on the site.

Finally, the two players the town was up against are definitely good at the game; with a worse town, it very well could have been a pretty easy sweep for them. I'm sure creature will come in and do an IC wrap-up or whatever, but just wanted to say ya'll were a fun game to have modded.
2023 W/L | 1-0
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2678 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:55 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

[Also, thank's for dealing with my very delayed modding when it comes to deadlines; I tend to be pretty busy these days, but I definitely wasn't too punctual as much as I should have been]
2023 W/L | 1-0
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2679 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:56 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 2677, Aeronaut wrote:anyone who feels badly about their play this game, shouldn't!
i was planning on eating any food but i can't, unfortunately
free darius mccollum

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2680 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:57 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Thanks for modding Aeronaut. Game was a great first experience to the game for me.
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2681 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

And schadd yeah I know I didn't go about things the right way on day 2.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2682 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by -Grey- »

RC has a write-up posted in the Mafia thread.

It's a good read.

Thanks for hosting as always, Aero. You're an awesome mod. Great job, town. Cass caught me out early. My reaction was that of panicked scum, lol.

Thanks for the carry, RC. You saved the day when I derped the NK... bit too be fair I stand by my logic that if you had been tracked to the kill that I wouldn't have survived LyLo.
“Trust is an orchid, beautiful but delicate, requiring ideal conditions in order to thrive. Without them, it dies.” - Dahrk (Arrow, Season 4)
---
"-grey- would hardclaim an inno on his obv-scum partner D2 in a micro if he could" - gigabyteTroubadour
cassielle
cassielle
Mafia Scum
cassielle
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2683 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:00 pm

Post by cassielle »

@mbg: i was gonna but then rasks track info! i was blown away that my best hard townread was scum and tossed the whole thing out, start from scratch. bad thing to do on d3 but i didnt know how else to make sure the reads werent contaminated with bad logic

@grey hey man, no problem. its one of those things, i was just in a bad headspace at the wrong time and it was a harder push than i was used to, way harder. and you recognized when i was serious about that, which is to your credit, 100% awesome. no hard feelings.

also, thats interesting heh. ill keep it in mind for the future :p

@aero no, thank you aero! it was a great game to play and you were kind enough to let me pre-empt the call for replacements
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2684 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:02 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Oh yeah aero can you post the mafia thread? It'd be interesting to see what it was like
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2685 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by -Grey- »

It was totally boring.

Old men playing checkers.
---
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2686 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:03 pm

Post by schadd_ »

you're an alt i think
free darius mccollum

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2687 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Well you said RC had a write up that was a good read so I wanna see that.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2688 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:06 pm

Post by schadd_ »

In post 2682, -Grey- wrote:RC has a write-up posted in the Mafia thread.

It's a good read.
10 scumbucks says it's just "l000000000l"
free darius mccollum

mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2689 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:07 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 2682, -Grey- wrote:Thanks for the carry, RC. You saved the day when I derped the NK... bit too be fair I stand by my logic that if you had been tracked to the kill that I wouldn't have survived LyLo.
How did you derp? I think you making the kill was the right choice regardless who was tracked.
schadd_
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
schadd_
he/it
pandora's pukebox
pandora's pukebox

Post Post #2690 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:08 pm

Post by schadd_ »

when the times go bad
when the times get rought
just lay me down in the tall grass
and let me do my stuff
(town town town town town, town town town town town)
free darius mccollum

-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2691 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2688, schadd_ wrote:
In post 2682, -Grey- wrote:RC has a write-up posted in the Mafia thread.

It's a good read.
10 scumbucks says it's just "l000000000l"
I accept PayPal.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2692 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2689, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 2682, -Grey- wrote:Thanks for the carry, RC. You saved the day when I derped the NK... bit too be fair I stand by my logic that if you had been tracked to the kill that I wouldn't have survived LyLo.
How did you derp? I think you making the kill was the right choice regardless who was tracked.
RC wanted to kill Creature but I told him I should because he has the skills to go deep.

If he had been tracked, we'd have lost for sure.
---
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2693 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:14 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2686, schadd_ wrote:you're an alt i think
There you go thinking again.

What has that ever gotten you?
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2694 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:16 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

In post 2692, -Grey- wrote:RC wanted to kill Creature but I told him I should because he has the skills to go deep.

I don't see how this explains how you derped though. It was still the right call.
-Grey-
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
-Grey-
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2695 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:20 pm

Post by -Grey- »

In post 2694, mattblackguy wrote:
In post 2692, -Grey- wrote:RC wanted to kill Creature but I told him I should because he has the skills to go deep.

I don't see how this explains how you derped though. It was still the right call.
He was right. No arguing the facts.

If he had performed the kill, the game would have been over a day earlier.
---
mattblackguy
mattblackguy
Goon
mattblackguy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2696 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by mattblackguy »

Well we don't know who would have been lynched day 3 if RC would have preformed the kill.
Aeronaut
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Aeronaut
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2697 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:28 pm

Post by Aeronaut »

In post 2684, mattblackguy wrote:Oh yeah aero can you post the mafia thread? It'd be interesting to see what it was like
If both scum players consent.
2023 W/L | 1-0
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2698 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

So I was not the IC in this game but there were several things that I wanted to say.

1) This was actually a fantastically played game by town. Major points to MBG, Creature, and Raskolnikov especially but everyone did well. When I replaced in on the following day most people in the game had the game reduced down to 3 potential scum and me or Grey were in virtually all of the scumpools. Certain people such as Creature had even directly suggested that we were the scumteam. Even outside of that, everyone on town tried really hard to win and Rask was really smart on that track (although I would like to point out for ego points that I said that I should be the one to make that night action.) Reads were overall good and when you get into a situation where you're like wait what everyone seems town, the correct move is to start questioning your assumptions; a lot of people questioned Schadd because I led the Schadd questioning but there doesn't feel like there was a coherent period where the town on Day 3 was like wait a second are we really sure that RC belongs in the townblock. It's also a situation where if EVERYONE seems town you should put the most emphasis on rereading the people in the game most likely to fool you.

2) As a result of the following and how well Cass/GbT played as town and humanized themselves I have felt like total shit about this game since the beginning of day 3. I think it showed in my play when Schadd said that I didn't seem like someone who enjoyed playing scum; I really didn't. I had to work really hard for this win and breaking up all the townblocs on D2 and get a lynch onto one of the most widely townread players took a lot out of me. I really had no energy left for this game in Day 3 or 4 and I think it may have damaged the game because that's why I was spending so much time talking about trivial mod-errory shit that
really doesn't mean anything
. It was just easier than trying to discuss reads on people who were all sort of obvious town and probably could have been able to PoE me out. So I am sorry for doing all this bullshit around the things that Aero did and I hope it didn't damage the enjoyment of the game too much for anyone; but I felt like ignoring it was also the incorrect answer because SOMEONE was bound to use it and that the best way to deal with it was to blatantly misuse it to show people the flaws in that kind of reasoning, which I hope worked.

3) I feel like a lot of people on Day 3 were actually amenable to lynching me, but no one suggested it. Giga was still wary of my slot, I believe (but may be wrong) that Rask seriously FOSed me, and Schadd didn't seem to townread me very much at that point in time, though I found him unreadable. But no one tried to make a move against me. It felt like everyone in this game was just being like 'eh everyone else seems to think he's town there's not much point pushing him here' and that really hurt town this game. I said in thread and I still do that my associatives with the Grey slot are not great. I 180ed the reason for my not voting him because I didn't want to suggest I thought he was doctor and without that it really doesn't make much sense that I wasn't pushing on him ever. I was in principle aware that Creature was the doc because I had already PoEd that no other slot was but I still feel like there were some serious holes in what I did on Day 2 that would have come apart under closer inspection. Basically, there was no reason to write my slot off as confirmed town and/or unlynchable and I say again that I think that town did a fantastic job overall. I think if momentum had swung on me at some point I could have been lynched for the town win. And don't
EVER
let
ANYONE
write off inconsistencies in their play by saying oh if I explain it you'll probably scumread me for it.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #2699 (ISO) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:29 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

I am fine with scum topic being released.
2019 stats: Town WR 76.7%, overall WR 81.667%, 1 scum defeat involving a major mod error in lylo vs 8 scum wins.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”