Important question about Pie E7

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Can he?

No, the MafiaRB cannot kill and and block in the same turn.
18%
Yes, he may do both.
82%

Total votes: 79

Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #14 (isolation #0) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:30 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

The way I've been visualizing it is that the Scum Group has a nightkill, and the Mafia Roleblocker individually has a roleblocking ability. If the RB dies, the scum group obviously only has a nightkill anymore, but I don't think it follows that the Roleblocker must choose between the two actions if the Goon dies (I know they generally do in larger games, but Pie E7 is a little wonky).

I'm willing to be convinced otherwise, but show your work please. :) And yes, this is a shift since the first Pie E7 I started (518), but I agree with the balance of people here that it's likely to be more balanced if the Mafia RB keeps both actions; that's the whole point behind being able to sacrifice the Goon to keep the RB, right?
Xect wrote:Would it work to attribute the roleblocking to the mafia side just like with the nightkill? So basically, the mafia in unison choose one person to block, and one to kill, each night.
This is a fairly common mechanic in larger games, but with Pie E7 it creates a "specific to this setup" weirdness that I'd rather avoid in something used in Newbie Games (that said, it would certainly be fair to use in Open Games if the mod made it clear ahead of time).
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #17 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 11:40 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

mikeburnfire wrote:I think newbies should just use c9 from now on. It's simple, efficient, and relatively well balanced.
I'm not sure that 20-40% town wins are "relatively well-balanced". And it's only "simple" because we've run hundreds of games under it; despite that, mods STILL can't get the role distribution right.

Finally, it's hella-swingy, which doesn't give a good impression of the game if Town feels cheated by a 5T2M setup, or Mafia feel cheated by a TTTCDMM setup... I'd rather our games were based on skill wherever possible, which means avoiding randomness in a setup this small.
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”