Trail Blazer

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Firebringer »

ɀefiend replaces Aeronaut.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:46 pm

Post by Titus »

Hey, zefiend. Welcome scum brother.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:09 pm

Post by mastina »

Lol at 1959. AJ's the most accurate scumhunter in the entire game right now, and he's among the town's favorite lynches.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:53 pm

Post by mastina »

I owe Nero an apology.

The angry ranting I'm doing at him is purely for the towncred to mimic my townplay.

I would normally never say that as scum to him. (As town, fuck yeah I would, but as scum, not so much.)

If we were in a better position, I would just let myself be obvscum all day long. But since we're not, I need to bring my A-game, and my A-game involves a lot of frustration at Nero for not budging.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:22 am

Post by ɀefiend »

In post 326, Titus wrote:Hey, zefiend. Welcome scum brother.
Glad to see you on the same side ;)
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:23 am

Post by ɀefiend »

For what it's worth, my entrance post was made before I clicked on and read this scum-topic.

Wasn't surprised by Titus, but holy fuck I'm glad mastina is scum with us.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:56 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah, I was a bit trying not to garner attention.

Apologies if any of you feel insulted.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:01 am

Post by Titus »

Zefiend, you have never seen me as town lacking persuasion. I have put a lot of work in this.

Normal town Titus does feel similar sentiments.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:33 pm

Post by Titus »

Mastina, we need to interact.

You should engage me.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:34 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

We're all scumread. I agree we should start engaging each other.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Post by Titus »

Good, you gave me enough to engage you.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

Who are we actively trying to lynch today, exactly?
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

There seems to be too much opposition to BBMolla, SirCakez is pseudo-cleared by 2 PR claims, and Aj claimed one of those.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:53 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 337, ɀefiend wrote:There seems to be too much opposition to BBMolla, SirCakez is pseudo-cleared by 2 PR claims, and Aj claimed one of those.
I don't see how SirCakez is cleared.

I like the narrative I have of being town ignored.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:40 pm

Post by mastina »

The main problem right now in the game is that the majority of the town has correct scumreads on 2/3 of us, while townreading the third, yet there's no consensus on who said scumreads and who said townreads are.
PV for instance has mastina-zefiend as scum and Titus as town;
Nero has mastina-Titus as scum and zefiend as town.

I could go on about these, but while that is the greatest risk we have at hand, it is also our greatest asset. As long as the town continues to hold no consensus on who the scum are, as long as the town continues to be divided, then we can exploit that division, drag things out to deadline, and near deadline when none of the wagons the town wants (the three of us) are viable, we can deadline-mislynch a player otherwise immune to the lynch today and not receive suspicion for it.

I am not concerned about the scumreads on us. I know I should be, rationally, scared. But I'm not. There's the risk that one of us goes down. We need to pay attention to who is suspecting whom, and try to keep the equilibrium as much as possible intact. We don't want to tip the scales such that one of us is a favored lynch. So my advice is, more or less: keep being active. Be very aggressive. zefiend, you should probably up your aggression factor. You sound WAY too passive right now. Go on the offensive, rather than the defensive.

I'm planning on posting in-thread soon. And I will be distancing your slot, as I did with Aeronaut. (I find some sad irony that the two slots we were most prepping for endgame are the two slots we now are most likely to be without. Alas.) While you can't ignore me, while you can't let me roll over you, you also need to take some hard stances. It doesn't matter if you scumread me, or you townread me. Take a stance on me. Hard, firm, unambiguous. And do this for other town players. Right now, the main problem with your slot is how the content you're giving is "open-ended". It allows you to do basically nothing.

Provide hard reads, on as many players as possible, and back it up with reasoning. Show your thoughts, start to finish. And also, show frustration when people don't understand your thoughts. Be angry, but not because you're being wagoned. Be angry, because you think you have valid points and people aren't listening to you. Be angry because you feel ignored. Be angry, because you feel like what you're saying is what you believe, but you're getting crap for it. These things might not clear you as town, but they will get you the edge.

And, Titus, you I'm not as worried about. The players scumreading you are players who aren't very charismatic for the most part. You're also a smart lady and know how to handle yourself.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:08 am

Post by mastina »

For the record: I'm not actually lying when I said I had no intention of bussing Pine.
Just being misleading.

I did not expect Pine to die--so my frustration there is genuine. Quite the opposite, I thought *I* was going to die. I thought *I* was going to die, and PINE would live. So I was setting PINE up to live. Not myself. So my point there is half-right, half-wrong; half-accurate, half-inaccurate; half-truth, half-lie. I really didn't go in intending to bus. I really didn't go in intending to make myself look good. I went in expecting Pine to look good. I went in expecting myself to look okay for a while but eventually be caught. I went in expecting Pine to live, not die, so the part about me assuming Pine would die? That bit is true; assuming that I'd assume Pine would die is an insult to my scumplay.

It's just that doesn't stop me from distancing.
They're right that I bussed, but for the absolute most wrong possible reason. They got it rats-ass backwards, even. I bussed to die, a-la Left 4 Dead. Not to live, a-la...well, absofuckinglutely none of my successful scum games.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

Post by Titus »

Town me subs out ages ago. I am debating it here.

With Heartless treating me like a dumbass piece of shit that's beneath ever listening to and Nero making it impossible to play for anyone named Titus and Infinity's spam, I would have done it. Yet, here it would be viewed as tactical.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:57 am

Post by Titus »

Remind me to never in another game with Nero as Titus.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:10 pm

Post by mastina »

If you're feeling like you need to quit this game, Titus, then...don't feel obligated to play it.
Like. I can try to motivate you, I can try to make it less stressful on you, but ultimately I can't really help you.
I can tell you it's okay to replace out. It's not strategic. It's not done out of a genuine need to have a better scumteam, have someone better in the slot. Rather the opposite, I doubt Firebringer would find anyone even half as competent as you are to fill your slot.

I would be sad. I would also lose someone who I know I could work with, for an uncertain future scumbuddy who might not be able to work with me as well, so I'd be worried about your slot.

But I'm right now more worried about you as a
person
. Staying in a game just because you don't want to quit isn't healthy. Staying in a game you feel is toxic is not healthy. Replacing out shouldn't be a scumtell. Replacing out should be a "this is not a game I want to be in" tell. And if you're sincere with that belief, then you should do so. There's no game worth winning that badly. Winning this game at that much of a cost to yourself simply isn't worth it. So if you need to distance yourself from the game permanently, if you need to disown it, to get out of it, don't feel like you owe us anything. Don't feel like you're obliged to stay.

I'm not telling you to replace out; I wouldn't tell a scumbuddy to do so.
I am telling you not to NOT replace out, though.

Because I am telling you to do what you need done.
ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

I'm trying to do the whole "balance suspicions" thing you suggested, mastina ;\
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:33 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 343, mastina wrote:If you're feeling like you need to quit this game, Titus, then...don't feel obligated to play it.
Like. I can try to motivate you, I can try to make it less stressful on you, but ultimately I can't really help you.
I can tell you it's okay to replace out. It's not strategic. It's not done out of a genuine need to have a better scumteam, have someone better in the slot. Rather the opposite, I doubt Firebringer would find anyone even half as competent as you are to fill your slot.

I would be sad. I would also lose someone who I know I could work with, for an uncertain future scumbuddy who might not be able to work with me as well, so I'd be worried about your slot.

But I'm right now more worried about you as a
person
. Staying in a game just because you don't want to quit isn't healthy. Staying in a game you feel is toxic is not healthy. Replacing out shouldn't be a scumtell. Replacing out should be a "this is not a game I want to be in" tell. And if you're sincere with that belief, then you should do so. There's no game worth winning that badly. Winning this game at that much of a cost to yourself simply isn't worth it. So if you need to distance yourself from the game permanently, if you need to disown it, to get out of it, don't feel like you owe us anything. Don't feel like you're obliged to stay.

I'm not telling you to replace out; I wouldn't tell a scumbuddy to do so.
I am telling you not to NOT replace out, though.

Because I am telling you to do what you need done.
I try to finish what I start. Heartless has been better too.

I feel like I could have handled Heartless and people ignoring me when proven right OR Nero being a personally vindictive player. I almost cracked at both.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:31 pm

Post by mastina »

No worries, zefiend. Your wagon looks like it might be collapsing soon, so you're doing exactly what you need to.
I sincerely doubt either Titus or I are going to replace you as the wagon, so you should be fine. Keep doing what you need to do.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:28 pm

Post by Titus »

Should I use my loved ability on Cakey?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

ɀefiend
ɀefiend
Goon
ɀefiend
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:33 pm

Post by ɀefiend »

Wtf? Why? I barely escaped the lynch by the skin of my teeth... if Cakes doesn't go through, the lynch will invariably turn back onto me.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Post by Titus »

I meant as a deadline thing. If we think it might go to NL.

Cakey never claimed loved kinda deal.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Return to “Completed Game Topics”