Important question about Pie E7

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

Can he?

No, the MafiaRB cannot kill and and block in the same turn.
18%
Yes, he may do both.
82%

Total votes: 79

Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:48 pm

Post by Xythar »

I've gone by them being able to do both. It's of the school of thought for this particular game that views the mafia kill as a collective action attributed to the entire group, not a specific action performed by one of them.

Otherwise as soon as the town gets either mafia member it severely crippes them. Better to make it so they only lose the ability to RB if they lose the RB I think.
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #19 (isolation #1) » Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:37 pm

Post by Xythar »

I think the main problem with C9 for newbies (or even Pie E7, if that's the one I'm thinking of with cop, doc, 3 vanilla, mafia goon and mafia RB) is that town can only make one mistake before lylo. This isn't representative of most mafia games and so it makes little sense I think to subject newbies to it. I think C9s are best kept for short games on IRC or AIM between relatively experienced players.

After all, C9 is 2/7 scum - 28%. 13 player games often have 3 scum - 13%. And yet you would probably never see a 21 player game with more than four scum (19%). I think either we need to challenge our predetermined notions of how many scum is balanced in a small game (maybe 9 players 2 scum would be better) or just have larger games. Is there some reason newbie games can't be larger in size?
Xythar
Xythar
Townie
Xythar
Townie
Townie

Post Post #25 (isolation #2) » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Xythar »

klebian wrote:
Xythar wrote:After all, C9 is 2/7 scum - 28%. 13 player games often have 3 scum - 13%. And yet you would probably never see a 21 player game with more than four scum (19%). I think either we need to challenge our predetermined notions of how many scum is balanced in a small game (maybe 9 players 2 scum would be better) or just have larger games. Is there some reason newbie games can't be larger in size?
Check your math, dood. 3/13 = 23%

That was a typo. As you can see I was arranging them as a sequence of numbers in descending order, but I hit 1 instead of 2 and didn't notice.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”