She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2625 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:30 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2327, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2326, Aj The Epic wrote:
In post 2324, Infinity 324 wrote:I guess my main issue with molla being scum is why he didn't just claim VT. He'd still know he'd been vanillaized if he really was a VT because of the special power.
Scum!molla doesn't necessarily know if a VT gets a message
I'm pretty sure he would. You would have to know if suddenly you couldn't use your special ability anymore...
It's not a matter of whether the VT gets a message or not.
It's a matter of whether the VT loses their special power or not.
Would he be aware of it one way or another?

I don't think he would be. Vanillaize just means 'turn vanilla'. But EVERY player this game, even vanilla players, has a role. So it could be read either way. How do we know that Molla would know the way the scum role worked?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2626 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:32 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2332, Nero Cain wrote:Rhetoric. The fact that Infinity was up for RL at one point and wanted others has shit all to do with anything.
False. Timeline has everything to do with it.
Your whole point boils down to:
"Heartless was the Rogue Leader. Heartless made their picks known. None were scum, thus, scum knew they weren't being picked. Thus, they knew that Pine would use his role. And therefore, mastina knew Pine was going down and could bus them."
THAT'S YOUR FUCKING ARGUMENT.
BUT IT IGNORES.
HOW HEARTLESS WASN'T EVEN CLOSE TO BEING THE ROGUE LEADER AT THE TIME.
At the time, Infinity was the Rogue Leader vote.
And Infinity had me as a pick.
The chronology doesn't fit. So no. Not rhetoric. That'd be YOU, bringing up an irrelevant point.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2627 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:41 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2334, Nero Cain wrote:So you haven't played with Pine in over two years and you just remember everything about his play?
Yes. I talked about this in EXTENSIVE detail. I don't remember if I talked about it in extensive detail in THIS game or not, but basically, it boils down to this:
Pine's play has not evolved in the six years he's been around. Mine has.
When we first met each other, Pine was basically as good as he is now. He used basically the same strategies he does now. He hasn't changed much if at all in all that time. Pine siteflaked from the site at some point, and then over a year later he came back. When he came back, though, I recognized his play. It was still the same as ever. Then he left again. And he's back now a third time. And once more, his play is virtually identical to what it was before.

When I first met Pine, he was able to fool me more than once, because I was in my infancy, and he was a strong player who was a blind spot. But then I deliberately went about trying to improve myself.
I got better
. He didn't. I've kept playing, ever since he joined. With maybe one or two brief breaks, I've been playing continuously these last six years, playing literally hundreds of games. I keep the mindset, consistently, constantly, that I could always do better. That I need to be better each game than I was in the last game. I'm not happy with my growth as a player. Consistently, constantly, I am left wishing I was better than I was, and so, I try my damnedest to do exactly that and improve.
I read my past games--including games Pine was in--almost constantly. There are players I can neglect playing for, for years, and still have vivid memories of them. You, for instance. PeregrineV would be another. And this is in part because in a sense, I never did stop playing with them. I kept myself reading our past games. And I kept reading some current games even if I wasn't in them.

And you know what? It worked. I improved. I went from someone atrociously bad to someone at least halfway decently respectable. I went from being someone nobody listened to and for good reason, to being someone that people listened to and with good reason, that reason being I knew what I was talking about. I've still got a long way to go yet. Still got a lot of growth to make as a player. But I am GOOD. And I know how to fucking read Pine.

So stop fucking disrespecting me by implying I don't. Pine is a player who I pay attention to more than any other player in the game. More than AngryPidgeon. More than zMuffinman. I pay attention to Pine first and foremost. And I get a read on him as a result. That. simple.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2628 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2335, Heartless wrote:cake plz vote zefiend
mastin plz vote zefiend
I'm predicting SirCakez will refuse (or maybe he'll join briefly, but leave for some bullshit reason), because they are in fact scumbuddies.

The problem is, I can help you lynch either of them, yet you won't give me anything in return. You won't help me lynch BBMolla when they flip scum, and that's the only thing which can make me switch. If you're going to be pursuing town after you lynch scum, it's not worth it. It's only if you pursue scum after lynching scum that it's worth a vote.

I KNOW that if I lynch BBMolla, you will continue to go after zefiend, maybe considering SirCakez.
I know that if I lynch zefiend, you'll be quick to pursue some moronic mislynch.

Am I wrong?

Tell me that, when zefiend flips scum, you'd consider going after BBMolla. Tell that to me with a straight face, absolute 100% sincerity. Do that, and you'll get my vote there. Otherwise, I'm sorry. No matter how much zefiend may be scum, I simply cannot in good faith vote there.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2629 (ISO) » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2338, PeregrineV wrote:Welcome toReck's Restrospecitve Rehash.
ChannelDeliBird busses Nexus in post 168. CDB rides that to win the game.
Yes we know the theory behind bussing. The theory behind bussing has been known for years. You don't need to tell me about how in one game, mafia managed to bus their scumbuddy and ride the bus to victory. Mafia have also claimed miller and rode that to victory. Town have fakeclaimed roles and caused scum to lose because of it, too. These are things that have happened. They are also utterly irrelevant because they are absolutely unrelated to me.
What would *I* do as a player?

What would *I* be giving a game as scum?

Sure as fuck wouldn't be this!
Welcome to NY172
I read a few of your posts, and felt it was your scum game. It was.
Oh you mean that game second to ONLY ONE OTHER GAME in history which I have disavowed as being a scumgame of mine?
You mean the game I almost replaced out of because I was too busy being mislynched and losing Tales of You?
You mean the game where I wasn't actually playing the fucking game?

And you think that is at all similar to this game?
Fuck off.

That game wasn't a scumgame. That game wasn't a game.
Fuck, let's play your game. Let's use that game as a baseline for reads. Iso me that game. Control-F "AP" (lots of false positives, but you'll get enough), then "Angry". AP was my second frenemy, after Pine. We had a similar dynamic. What was my read on him that game? Neutral to positive almost the entire time.
My other scumbuddies were Yates and ThAdmiral. Look at my opinion on Yates: hard-town. Look at my opinion on ThAd: hard-town.

I was hard-townreading my whole fucking team that game.
Because, oh yeah! Guess what?
I don't fucking bus.
I don't. Just don't. It's a stupid decision on every level. It gives me nothing and costs me dearly. I quite literally wrote the fucking book on NOT bussing, and saying I bussed Pine is again the ultimate insult to my ability to read Pine. By saying I am scum bussing Pine, you are saying that I could not be town who read Pine correctly. You are invalidating my strength as a player. One of the ONE fucking things I am good at. Is reading certain players. That I call my friends. Pine is among them.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2630 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:04 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2339, PeregrineV wrote:
Vote: SirCakez
I'm more willing to do this than zefiend, but it has much the same problem.
Would SirCakez flipping scum actually get you listening to me?
Also, I don't feel the need to establish myself as town by lynching yet another scum. That won't stop idiots from scumreading me, and it won't give people who
aren't
scumreading me any more proof than what they already have. In short, it won't change how people view me at all, because they'll make excuses or because they already knew and didn't need proof.

What I DO need to do is to lynch the scum who aren't getting lynched without me pushing there. zefiend is scum, who can be lynched today or any day. SirCakez is scum, who I feel can be lynched any day but there may be resistance, which is why he's a slightly better lynch than zefiend. But BBMolla? Molla, if left alive, won't be caught. He will get away with it. And that's why I'm not moving my vote unless I have no choice but to move my vote. Today we will lynch scum. I guarantee you that much. It's just a matter of which scum we lynch.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2631 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:09 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2343, Heartless wrote:zefiend is scum. you see it. i see it. let's get this done.
It'll get done
-If there's nothing more to say, or
-If there's a possibility of a mislynch, or
-If deadline is encroaching, or
-If you give me your word that you will, sincerely, legitimately, consider BBMolla as being scum.
Under those circumstances, zefiend will be lynched.

I'll join without you needing to ask me given any of those conditions coming true.

At this time, none of them have. And so, at this time, I am going to continue pushing my strongest scumread.

The scumteam here is almost definitely zefiend/SirCakez/BBMolla. But my job here is to convince you to listen to me on the others. Not to end the day as fast as possible. zefiend will be lynched today in all likelihood. I'll fucking DEMAND it if there's so much of a CHANCE of a name outside these three being mislynched today. But right now, I want to focus on BBMolla. I want to focus on lynching the most dangerous scum. I want to focus on lynching the player who most likely is in charge of the scumteam right now. And that'd be BBMolla.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2632 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:17 am

Post by mastina »

Basically, to give an idea of my thoughts right now, it's that there's a lynch order, just like before.
BBMolla > SirCakez > zefiend.

zefiend is caught scum. Easily caught scum. Everyone sane knows he's scum. We can nab him at any time, and on future days if he's alive he'll not be able to escape. He IS eating rope this game, no matter what.
SirCakez is scum, and a fair majority of us know he is. And yet, he is not without key players defending him. That could cause long-term interference. He's not someone I think will make it to endgame as scum. He's someone I THINK will be getting lynched no matter what. But I don't actually KNOW it. It's possible he will escape. So, not the best candidate, but not the worst.

BBMolla is scum, but everyone is resisting the idea he is. Most of the key players this game insist he is town. This is an incredible danger, ESPECIALLY given his claimed role--if he actually has it and isn't vanillaized, he has the potential to absolutely DEVASTATE the town's PR usage. He is also likely the one in charge of the scum's NK after Pine died, so I see him as the greatest threat, and thus the best lynch.

I will compromise on SirCakez if I can't get BBMolla.
I will compromise on zefiend if I can't get either SirCakez or BBMolla.
But I still have that as my preferred lynch order, because I still hold true to Molla being the largest risk factor here.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2633 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:30 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2392, Infinity 324 wrote:We need wagons to make this game go forward because right now it's stuck.
I agree with the sentiment of us needing wagonS, plural!

Everyone hopping onto zefiend isn't that!

Like.

I'm calling bullshit here on the idea of the game being stuck.

*I* felt the game was stuck on D1, yes.
But then I got a read affirmation. Actually, I've gotten four. I misread TheThinker, and recalibrated my reads given that. Yet I was right on Nacho, Pine, Desperado, AND Klingoncelt, and I used the information from their flips, and the given situation, and how things developed, to further my reads. That got my momentum going. Now, I am HARD pushing three players, all as scum. zefiend is among them, yes.

But I think the game would benefit most from having more than one wagon on scum today. Everyone piling onto zefiend makes VCA for today worthless: scum would know zefiend was going down and be able to position themselves, and town know zefiend is scum and thus would vote him, rendering the votes largely a race against time/patience/others as to who could be on the wagon first. Any VCA done would be entirely arbitrary. Would there be a difference between you being the first or final vote? How about me? Nero? Heartless? You'll gain virtually nothing if there is no opposition to zefiend.

I know this from experience. (I can't really talk about it yet, give me about a week.) You gain information by having a divided town. You gain information by having diverging opinions. You gain information by having multiple wagons, especially if they are all on scum. If for no other reason than that, that is enough for me to not be on zefiend at this time.

I will vote zefiend if we need a lynch.
I will vote zefiend if the alternative is a mislynch.
I will vote zefiend if I have reason to believe the town has all the information it needs.

But because none of those are currently true, my vote will remain on BBMolla because I want attention there. I want pressure there. I want people to realize why he's scum.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2634 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:38 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2395, Infinity 324 wrote:I don't see a strong case against him other than his role.
This I need to do.
I can't do it in my patented "case without a case" style. Like, normally, I would just put a paragraph or two, maybe three, describing to you in words why a player is scum. That would be my case. I don't often go through the time and effort of actually bringing up the quotes, the links, to support it, because in general I assume that a player will iso BBMolla to see if the things I am saying of him are true. Basically, I'd normally give you my interpretation of his actions, leave you to iso him, and then you would then determine if you think my interpretation of his actions holds water.

...I can't find the words to do that for Molla. It's more of a, "just kinda needs to be shown", sort of thing. I can't say "just fucking iso him", because I know it's not immediately obvious upon isoing him. But I promise you: the case against BBMolla is far from just his role. It's that he's done scum stuff the whole game. The way he went about D1 in particular. It was bad every step of the way. The most egregious part being his reaction to the Pine guilty.

Remember how I said that there was something I wanted to say about the lynch on Pine?

Basically, what I wanted to say was this:
Scum are infinitely more likely to have had this reaction to the guilty.
They start off questioning the guilty, trying to see where it comes from, what sort of validity it has, trying to see if it can be talked out of. And when they determine that it can't be, they vote the doomed scumbuddy.

That's a really crappy explanation of the concept, I need to go and explain exactly what I mean in more detail, but one of BBMolla's sins was that he did exactly that: he tried to argue against the Pine guilty, until he understood that it was not something which could be fought against. At that point, he sheepishly joined the wagon.

God I wish I wasn't so busy right now. I need to explain this better, absolutely NEED to, but I'm not sure if I have the ability to, and even if I do, the time to.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2635 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:47 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2410, Heartless wrote:do you trust me+tth's judgment?
On zefiend, yes.
But that's our common ground.
If we lynch our common ground today, we get to do a whole song and dance of disagreeing, of diverging, tomorrow, and that won't be fun, because both of us will want credit for zefiend, both saying, "You trusted me yesterday, why not today?!?", because it was our fucking common ground. I've held a suspicion on the zefiend slot since late D1. I don't need to tell you he's scum, just like you don't need to tell me he's scum. But again. My concern here isn't today, in lynching scum.

It's future days, in lynching scum.

I want to lynch scum in the future.

I don't think lynching zefiend today will allow us to do that.
It'll be a scum lynch, yes! That will be a good thing, yes. But it's not the scum lynch I think we need.

I don't know how to better convey this. Basically. zefiend as scum tells us nothing we don't already know. We know he's scum. He can be lynched at any time. We lose nothing from lynching him, and lynching him is better than nothing and better than a mislynch. But we also gain nothing. That's my problem. I see you talking about zefiend being scum. I see Infinity talking about zefiend being scum.

But who else are you scumreading?
Who else do you think is scum?

Because without a clear direction there, lynching zefiend doesn't offer much, now, does it?

I suppose you could say, my posting today is mostly focused on getting it so that we have a clear picture of what to do after today. A clear picture of how to lynch scum consistently and constantly. Rather than scatter to the wind chaotically.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2636 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:02 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2452, Infinity 324 wrote:I just don't think mastin would draw so much attention to herself and act so confident in her reads when she knows she'll get lynched if she gets it wrong too many times.
Actually, you'd be surprised the shit I can get away with when I'm scum.

There's a reason I don't bus my scumbuddies.

It's because I can get away with being wrong on them.

I can mislynch town after town, and not take the fall for it. I shift the blame elsewhere successfully.
If the town manages to take out a scumbuddy of mine, I will fake a similar but opposite shock in the flip being wrong, fake a recalibration, and push reads which are
even more
wrong than before. My reads get stretchier and stretchier as they are shown to be more and more wrong, and yet my confidence level doesn't diminish because confidence is a great tool for charisma, and ultimately as scum the tool you need isn't good arguments but rather good charisma: a cult of personality, so to speak, to carry you through the game.

So yes. I would in fact be willing to draw attention to myself by acting confident in reads I know are wrong, because I know I would avoid the lynch even after these were shown to be wrong. The skill you need as scum is not to avoid the spotlight, but rather, to make the time in the spotlight allow you to push through a lynch on town. (I mean, that's actually true for town, too. Town come into the spotlight. When there, they need to highlight scumreads in order to push through a lynch on scum. But it's a skill I'm REALLY good at as scum, and still at least somewhat-competent at as town.)

Also if I start to make typos and typing things which are nonsensible, it's because that my eyes are drooping asleep right now and I'm entering tiredposting mode of sorts. I need to get caught up in the game, but I'm a little bit asleep already, head out htf the game, so I'm beginning to lose my focus and that means my thoughts aren[t going to make as much sense. This would also be one of the reasons why attempting to make a BBMolla case at the moment would be a Really Bad Idea, as by attempting to do so I would be writing sutf that would be gibberish even to me by next morning.

Apologies if it gets really bad, it is 400 AM right now and that means my coherency is going downhill fast. I should be able to get caught up in the game relatively fast though and think I can beat the worst of it. If you think I'm not addressing something I should, it's probably because I'mm too exhausted to bring forth a proper response tonight mostly on Molla but I suppose also elsewhere. Just ask me about it tomorrow. And also, ask to translate any of my incoherent posting and I'll do what I can to translate tiredposting me into me past slpeepy time,
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2637 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:06 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2502, Heartless wrote:mastina, plz vote zefiend
The moment I stop voting zefined is the moment we stop getting useful information from the day.
We're not at that point yet, and so I'm not ging to vote zefiend.

I've no particular need to be on the lynch of a scumwagon prematurely. I'll kjin when needed. I'll join if I feel like it too, I guess, but since I don't feel like it and actually think koinging would be counterproductive, I'm not going to. Sorry.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2638 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:07 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2507, Infinity 324 wrote:I think one of {molla, cakez, mastin} is scum. Zefiend is another scum.
Where you go wriong is assuming in only one scum. It's two. Is there anything in particular I can do (aside from casing Molla) which I can do to convince you it's BOTH of them, not just ONE of them?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2639 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:10 am

Post by mastina »

(Incidentally I am SO fucking glad I don;t have to mod at this time, would absolutely be nightmarish. Reason why the most mod errors were made at around this time. Actually, I think they started at 3 AM butstill it was around this time that my mind shut down which is rather disastrous for a mod especially in a more advanced technical game like Gistou was. I can still function well enough to play, because there's nothing I can di worng. I fant vuvk up my playing because I am still saying the stuff I need to say more or less, just with less coherency. But mistakes modding are much easier to maek and muc more costly.)
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2640 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:12 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2521, Nero Cain wrote:Yes, I get it it that town can miss things but I think its suspicious that she did.
I didn't miss shit.
The point was simply irrelevant. i saw Heartless's post declaring their rogue leader intentions but it still doesn't work it no your narrative. You're insisting on a timeline of events that couldn't possibly have actually have happened.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2641 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:14 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2553, BBmolla wrote:I generally skim your posts because I hate your self applied restriction with a passion
Given molla;s apparent issue with people not talking to him, this is acout as close to a flat-out scumclaim as you're ever getting.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2642 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:19 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2556, Drunken Piper wrote:
In post 2554, Drunken Piper wrote:
In post 2399, Aj The Epic wrote:Also I'm full JK and locked Cakez two nights in a row. This was said in the claim.
VOTE AJ
I probably dont need to read anymore,
seeing I didnt get a "no result" on cakez, you whore.
I will continue reading, to see what this is to see.
but unless i was redirected, the next scum has been caught, who wants to thank me?
In case it hasn't been brought up yet, you can just as me about this because I know what roles do what.
Roleblocker: targets a player. THAT PLAYER has actions fail.
Rolestopper: targets a player. All actions TARGETING that player fail.
Jailkeeper: targets a player. THAT PLAYER has actions fail, but KILLS targeting that player fail.
Alien, or sometimes called Jailer: targets a player. THAT PLAYER has actions fail, AND has all actions TARGETING that player fail.

So you would get a result on SirCakez because the jailkeep doesn't block you; it just blocked SirCakez.
Also, for what it's worth; AJ the Epic blocking SirCakez is yet more reason why BBMolla is a threat above zefiend and him. SirCakez if scum has had his roe stopped two nights in a row. That mitigates his presence here. Whereas BBMolla has had free reign.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2643 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:24 am

Post by mastina »

In post 2594, Drunken Piper wrote:[mastin enters....so many words"...."will people judge me if I dont read everything?"...."ugh...eyes glazing over"
I would probably be more angry about this if I wasn't feeling so tired at the moment. (Tiredness tends to voerwelm all other emotions, as the urge to sleep slowly builds up. Other emotions are antithesis of tiredness, as anger thends to inspire adrenaline as I fumei n agner about game events, but tiredness if strong enough blocks that release as to preserve itself and force me to be bed.)

I have said plenty of game content and myu posts are not long and not hard to follow. Nor am I particularly a samposter. I have an average post length and an aerage post amount among players. Maybe slightly higher tier, but not high in either regardL not wallposting, not spamposting. There's people higher than me in both and that means you can read me and what I say becayse you've got no problems with them so shut up and suck ut, read it, and then get a grip.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2644 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:26 am

Post by mastina »

Falling asleep now.
Tink I got everything anyway, but 430, prody elling me that I really need to go to sleep right now. I've read up to my posting, at least skimmed it so I don't think Im missing anything of notem let me now if I did htough.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #2645 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:33 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2615, ɀefiend wrote:What are you not understanding about "laying all my initial thoughts on the table and getting a baseline to work from?" The post wasn't meant to explore in-depth evaluations on people. That is what I'm doing now.

How is the question to SirCakez not important? I feel like a lot of people are overlooking it. He explicitly asked me to look over people's interactions with Pine. When I did, I noticed that he (SirCakez) was defending Pine. Here's the posts I dug up (everything you see as "..." is extraneous content; I don't wanna make this post too long):
First of all, no you're not evaluating people in-depth right now and you never did. You just called 3 people scum that were voting you and dropped 2 other scumreads entirely. Not to mention you didn't even consider possible scumteams

Second of all, the question to cakez seems bad because, well, if you think the interactions with pine make him seem scummy, vote him. That doesn't mean pine interactions weren't a good thing to tell you to look for. With a flipped scum, interactions with that scum are one of the most important things. I don't see particular motivation for scum!cakez to ask that if his interactions with pine looked particularly bad; in fact, he'd have motivation not to ask it. But anyway telling you to look for pine interactions to help you figure things out makes sense regardless of his alignment and regardless of what those interactions are.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2646 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:43 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2618, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2507, Infinity 324 wrote:I think one of {molla, cakez, mastin} is scum. Zefiend is another scum. The third is either TWIE or maybe titus or pere. Or there's only 2 scum.

That's why I'm only voting zefiend today, lol. Too many possibilities.
If you're going to make pre-flip associations like this, explain them.

If you think I'm scum who are my partners and why.

If you can't explain why they're scum without relying on me flipping scum, then your entire post right here is bullshit.
Ok, all you had to do is ask...

This is mainly a PoE list. Nero is town because he's playing very strongly to his town meta and I don't think he can fake this tone as scum. Heartless are town because they're putting in so much effort to solve the game and I haven't seen anything worrying from them. Also I agree with a lot of their reads. Piper is town because of the guilty on pine and because I've liked his thoughts throughout the game. AJ is town for his claim.

The leaves the players in the list there. You know why I think you're scum. I think either mastin is right on one of her scumreads or is scum herself, because of BoP. (The other one of molla/cakez should also be in the other group). Then I have TWIE who I have only a slight lean scum on, and my weak townreads pere and titus. LUV was null for me but I liked pere's catchup so far, and Titus's play doesn't make much sense to me as scum even though it seems like bad play.

Ok, that's where I'm at with this game.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2647 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 1:53 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2619, ɀefiend wrote:
In post 2526, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2520, TheWayItEnds wrote:i jokingly questioned mastins read on me.

i seriously questioned titus's

because mastins made sense and titus's did not.
Oh
In post 2521, Nero Cain wrote:One of the points I brought up against Mastina is...basically Mastina was arguing that the scum had no clue who was going to be in the crew. I countered her point that Heartless made it very fucking clear who they wanted in the crew. Yes, I get it it that town can miss things but I think its suspicious that she did. Maybe he thought it was a good point and changed his read...idk man.
Ok but the way he did it wasn't genuine. The way he said it made it seem like just the fact that you engaged him made him reconsider the read, which doesn't make sense.
Just because you didn't read the conversation between Nero and I, doesn't mean it didn't happen.
The case on him is not waffling. It's lack of original opinions, lack of big-picture gamesolving and wild inconsistencies like dropping his scumreads on molla, AJ, and titus.
More scum-framing here. You are basing this ALL on a catch-up post. What have I been doing since then if not explaining my progression? Oh yeah, defending against all the shit you're slinging here.

Molla -- not gonna sheep someone I think is scum now (mastina).
AJ --- this guy obviously claimed AFTER my post.
Titus --- never "scumread" her. I said things I liked and disliked about her slot. I can say she is town now.

You're trying to detract from my other content with a bullshit distraction case based on a single catch-up post. I think you're scum for it.
I read the conversation, and I did not see you give one
specific
thing nero said that made you change your view. This makes little sense to me from a town mindset. He restated may of the same reasons you had called "underdeveloped" before, I'd expect town!you to explain the points that made you reconsider because that's an important part of your thought process.

I guess my issue with you dropping your scumreads is not explaining where and why. When town gets new scumreads or drops old ones, they tend to reconsider their thoughts on the game state and say so in thread. You not doing that makes me think you're not thinking about the game state at all.

I'm not distracting from the rest of your content, that's bullshit. I didn't even lay out my original reasons for scumreading you until just now, and
you were calling me scum for not saying them
. I think I've explained well enough why the rest of your content is scummy to me.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2648 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:09 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2622, mastina wrote:
In post 2320, Infinity 324 wrote:Town roleblocker and doctor are meant to serve the same purpose, to block kills...
The difference is, doctors are used defensively: it's not hard to predict who the scum are going to kill.

Roleblockers are used offensively: it is INCREDIBLY difficult to predict who the scum performing the nightkill would be, and it's impossible to clear town unless there's only one scum left. Plus, a roleblocker blocking a player isn't the most likely cause for a failed nightkill in most cases. Doctors, jailkeepers, and bulletproofs make up the backbone of failed scum NKs.
Ok fine. I once played in a mini normal with a full town doctor and a full town bodyguard. That was a long time ago, but still. More recently, I played in one with 2 night 2 doctors, all the PRs were night 2 in that game but still. I've played in one a JK and a 1-shot BP. All
mini normals
. My point is that it's 100% possible to have a jk and a 1-shot rolestop in a large theme. I can't believe you're trying to argue it's not...
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2649 (ISO) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 2623, mastina wrote:
In post 2324, Infinity 324 wrote:I guess my main issue with molla being scum is why he didn't just claim VT. He'd still know he'd been vanillaized if he really was a VT because of the special power.
Would he?

Like. Serious question.

How would he know?

Do WE even know?
All we have is HIS word on the subject.
It's nonsense to lose your ability and not know that you lost it. If VT's don't know when they get vanillaized, then there's no reason why anyone would.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”