Vetting

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:10 pm

Post by TheRealGin-N-Tonic »

I'm hoping that we can get past the idea that just because we subjectively dislike a player, that we ban them. We have moderators, a report button, an already established system in place to deal with these issues.

There is no real need to try and create some sort of council to banish players before they even learn how to be a better player.

If you see a problem with the players, teach to let them grow, don't beat them with a whip and cast them outside the city gates.
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
"Gin, you are so charismatic it's scary." -nancy
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:19 pm

In post 7, Psyche wrote:So, it wouldn't be too hard to automatically track flaking. Generally unpleasant people, though? I can't really think of a non-toxic way to handle that.
unpleasant is what I mean by the subjective part
“To be is to do”—Socrates. “To do is to be”—Jean-Paul Sartre. “Do be do be do”—Frank Sinatra.
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #10 (isolation #2) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:30 pm

Sorry for the, what I can conceive as blunt distaste in it, this was tried on a forums I used to call my homesite and it didn't work out well because it turned into "I do or do not like you, so you can and can't play"
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
TheRealGin-N-Tonic
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (isolation #3) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 pm

but...sometimes I yell at people and a general aggressive style language as scum to sway people off of thinking why I'm scum is actually scum and town read me.

I mean I think tracking words in the context in what they are used could be something.

Like, I never would ever call someone a bitch on this site. I don't know why but I feel like 'bitch' can only be used as insulting in context.

I feel like I get where you're coming from and where you can see it but I also feel like there are drawbacks into what would happen if implemented.

Actually, maybe the system is used and only gives a warning to a mod and they review it behind the scenes and take actions when they deem fit?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”