Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2825 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by Heartless »

no baggage.
In post 2816, mastina wrote:
In post 2654, Drunken Piper wrote:I am a fucking jack of all trades.
If you think that:
-Town 2x vigilante
-Whatever the rogue crew has (including at least one kill ability as per Klingoncelt's death and their word)
-Jailkeeper
-JOAT (tracker, the Pine guilty power, some third power which fitting the other two would presumably be investigative)
-JOAT (redirector, deflector, rolestop)
...Plus anything else we have unclaimed (in addition to all the VT abilities, which aren't exactly weak!)...
...Is all town?

I don't know what to tell you.

Because no. Just fucking no. That's not a town composition which would ever make it past a competent review team, unless the scumteam's WEAKEST PR was Pine's 2x-Vanillaizer (which is a pretty damn strong role!).

BBMolla's role is a scum role. I guarantee it.
i would be one of the people she wouldn't know what to tell.

assuming all the PR claims are town, i think the setup is WELL within range of balance-able esp if fire went with a scumteam size of 4
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2826 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:52 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2658, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2395, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2391, BBmolla wrote:like fuck man I really think you're town, mastina maybe not (?), but I really believe you are. can we talk about your worries about me and figure this shit out so we don't need to waste a lynch
I find this genuine btw.
In post 2409, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 2404, Titus wrote:Either scum had to risk a broken situation occurring by holding one of their vanillaize shots, or whenever Pine flipped we'd get 3 vanillaized claims for two shots.
This is a good point actually. What do you think mastin?
Another issue I have with the molla!scum narrative is why pine would risk dying before using all his shots given the day1 wagon thing and him joining the rogue crew.
Plus anti's issue of scum having too much power.
What's there to say on the first?
I disagree. I don't think it's indicative of anything.

As for the second: holding onto a vanillaize shot N1 is smart play, not stupid play, because if scum didn't know what roles were in the game and burned through their shots, then they'd be left defenseless against other PRs if Vanillaizer was in fact their only counter. (But, on the other hand, if they have a JOAT with redirect/deflect/rolestop......) By doing the gambit, they might not be able to use the second shot, that much is true. But they wouldn't have a need for more than one shot.

And Vanillaizer + JOAT with redirect/deflect/rolestop for scum's power is just about right if that's the scum's only power in the game. Goon x 2, JOAT with redirect/deflect/rolestop, and 2x Vanillaizer: two roles which are limited in shots, but serve to shut down select elements of the town's power.

And against that, you've got a lot which needs shutting down! Drunken Piper's JOAT. AJ the Epic's jailkeeper. (JK is one of THE strongest town roles when used properly, especially in the lategame.) The 2x vigilante. The rogue crew abilities which apparently ALSO included a vig shot. (Are you going to suggest scum had no defense against being nightkilled? Because, uh, yeah. THREE likely-controlled-by-town vig shots in a game. Half of the mods on-site will give the scumteam a defense against so much as ONE [not the most competent of mods, mind you, since giving scum a counter to a 1x role isn't ideal but I digress], yet alone, THREE.) And dangerous VT powers. (I mean, I know not all VT powers are going to be threats. But ones like Nacho's are actually pretty damn powerful when timed/used appropriately.)

The 2x Vanillaizer simply isn't enough for all of that, especially if you add in the JOAT with redirect/deflect/rolestop as among them.

So I vehemently disagree with setup spec favoring BBMolla as town. Quite the opposite, it's one of the strongest fucking reasons he's scum.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2827 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:56 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

There's one pr that I doubt but its not Molla.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2828 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:59 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2826, mastina wrote:And against that, you've got a lot which needs shutting down!
with what we have so far.... not really

if i was a reviewer on this i'd probably say throw in a scum BP and maybe an investigative and that scumteam would be good to go

i mean... if everyone starts claiming james bond super duper power roles, i'll reassess that but i haven't seen anything outrageous so far
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2829 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2673, Heartless wrote:if you don't trust my reads beyond zefiend, i can respect that. and i can see how you have a scumread on molla bc frankly his posting sucks. but i have a very hard time bringing myself to think that fire thought molla's role (as a scum role) would be acceptable w/ ari's role AND that rc would let that through, not to mention i think they would have a hard time balancing molla+pine's powers.
Here's the thing though.
Pine's power was two-shot. It wasn't an unlimited Vanillaizer. He could neutralize a grand total of two people in the game.
And the town has some incredible killing power.
The two-shot vigilante PLUS the rogue crew ability (which is most likely something that'd go to town) is no laughing matter. That's potentially three out of four scum nightkilled, and their only defense is vanillaizing the 2x vigilante? After the vig gets to shoot at least once? (I'm assuming vanillaizing a target the same night they use their action does not negate the action.) And presumably being unable to vanillaize the rogue crew vig shot, unless gifted abilities also get taken away?

That's a weak-ass counter to the known town power. There's an incredible amount of shit they'd be up against. Again, how strong do you think the scum are? If you thought the scumteam was stacked, I could see Molla's power as being town. But if you think the 2x Vanillaizer was one of their stronger roles, then that means the town necessarily cannot be too strong. Simply put, the town with Molla in it IS too strong.

The scum with Molla
aren't
too strong. It places them at perfectly the right amount of power. If I saw a scum PR flip, I would reconsider my stance on Molla--I'll give you that much! But if I see a goon flip, it's proving my point.

Aside from that, if this isn't enough?
Fuck PRs. Judge by play. Do you actually think BBMolla's play is
town
?

Because I do not.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2830 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:14 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2828, Heartless wrote:
In post 2826, mastina wrote:And against that, you've got a lot which needs shutting down!
with what we have so far.... not really

if i was a reviewer on this i'd probably say throw in a scum BP and maybe an investigative and that scumteam would be good to go

i mean... if everyone starts claiming james bond super duper power roles, i'll reassess that but i haven't seen anything outrageous so far
We need another scum flip before beginning setup spec. There's expectations. Then there's reality.

So, I guess we wait on zefiend to rearticulate whatever posts Heartless want or we lynch scum Cakez.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2831 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:17 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2681, PeregrineV wrote:So that is a no on lynching SirCake your scumread for 100+ Mastina posts?
Nope! Quite the opposite. It's a "yes if given the right conditions".
The right conditions aren't right now, but could easily be there!
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2832 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2734, Nero Cain wrote:Once Pine used his role there'd be pressure on him and a very big chance that he gets lynched.
Yes, but my point there is: how would the scum know that Pine would use his power?

Your counterpoint?
"Heartless was the rogue leader, and posted a very public list, which scum would know. Therefore, scum knew that Pine would use his power, and therefore, you knew to bus him".

Yet you're refusing to address the very simple chronology problem with that.
Heartless posted the rogue leader list in the 1k mark, thereabouts. You yourself admit this, yes? (Because, well. It's in the fucking thread.) At this point, scum would know that there were no scum in the rogue crew. Sure! That's true enough!

Seems like there's no problem...

...Except I was pushing for Pine's lynch since the 500s.

So again.
You're not addressing my basic point. How the fuck would I know that Pine was going to use his power,
at the time that I started pushing Pine
?
I wouldn't.

You're pushing a narrative which simply could never have actually happened.

To use your own words?
I have a very very hard time seeing someone of your experience and understanding fight tooth and nail against something that is easily proven.
You're fighting against something easily shown.
I'm stating the facts, as they are in the thread.
You're stating a narrative, which relies on assumptions which have been shown to be inaccurate.
The only difference is that I know you're capable of doing this as town and in fact it's the very infuriating thing which lets me know you actually are.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2833 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2746, Infinity 324 wrote:It stopped because mastin didn't follow up.
Actually, you've got that backwards.

I
followed it through.

Pine/Gin
did not.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2834 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:42 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2753, Drunken Piper wrote:
TOWN-
Heartless
BBmolla
NULL-Nero Cain, TheWayItEnds, SirCakez, Infinity 324
ɀefiend, mastina
Aj the Epic, PeregrineV
Titus
SCUM-
Question.

What places zefiend so high in this list?
For that matter, while I've certainly seen other players give reasons for why Titus is scum, I don't recall any from you. I can understand your AJ/PV reads (even if I disagree), and I know where you're coming from on me, but I don't remember why Titus would be your top scumread, and I also don't understand why zefiend is that high.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2835 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:44 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2760, BBmolla wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: zefiend
Wasn't this an L-1 vote?

Because I'm pretty sure this is scum bussing here.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2836 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:46 pm

Post by Titus »

Mastina, suppose you are wrong on BBMolla, what does your world look like?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2837 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2772, Nero Cain wrote:Who do you get internet from?
A cable company.
What happens is that anything taking out the power probably also takes out the cable--in fact, it's easier to take out the cable than it is the power.

I'm not sure if the cable requires external power (i.e., power everywhere), or just internal power (that is, my house), but regardless of which, I had neither, and it does require power to work. Phone, TV, Internet, all of them go down when there's no power. Well, some might be more resilient than others, but the most fragile is definitely the internet especially since my household has a ridiculously fucked up complex system in play that I don't really know how to operate.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2838 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:53 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2789, Titus wrote:Zefiend doesn't word vomit as scum from what I have seen. He just lurks away.
Isn't that...you know, exactly what he's doing now?

A wallpost every three days or so does qualify a poster as not lurking.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2839 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2774, Infinity 324 wrote:Titus, I'm willing to talk to you if you're willing to accept you might be wrong on me.
Sure I am willing to accept the possibility I am wrong on you. Right now, you are so "go with the flow" and spammish, it blocks out everyone else. My biggest issue is you are in the way.

Is anyone saying your posts bring new insight? No. Are they doing things to help others develop reads? No. Your posts are useless for the most part.

If you are town, I need you to talk less but say more opinions to engage with.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2840 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:56 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2818, SirCakez wrote:That's also a good point about Molla scum that I didn't realize
So why the fuck aren't you voting there?
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2841 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:57 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2820, Titus wrote:Why haven't you interacted at all with SirCakez? (According to my memory)
I mean.
I could call all his posting scum if you'd like.

But that wouldn't exactly be productive, now, would it?
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2842 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:00 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2838, mastina wrote:
In post 2789, Titus wrote:Zefiend doesn't word vomit as scum from what I have seen. He just lurks away.
Isn't that...you know, exactly what he's doing now?

A wallpost every three days or so does qualify a poster as not lurking.
You know what yesterday was? The cheater's bowl. Most people leave for that. He's due a prod.

How many wall posts did zefiend have in Smackdown? Like zero. Wallposts full of content is likely something Zefiend would struggle with if he can do it at all. It would also give information.

So let's wait for Heartless to get his questions answered and then just have ziefind do a quote wall. Either me or Heartless will be proven right.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2843 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:01 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2836, Titus wrote:Mastina, suppose you are wrong on BBMolla, what does your world look like?
Aside from that world never happening, would have to cross that bridge when I came to it, honestly.

I don't have a backup plan.

I don't have a roadmap in this game.

"If X flips town, Y is scum instead".
I don't have anything like that whatsoever.
I don't have an excess of scumreads.
I have reason to townread all of the players in the game, save three.

I would be left on shaky grounds, yes, if I was proven wrong. I wouldn't exactly know where to go next. I'd have to reassess, wouldn't be able to tell you about it now though because it hasn't happened and I don't think it ever will.

It's not this often I feel so confident on a scumteam.
And there's damn fucking good reason I feel this confident about that scumteam.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2844 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2841, mastina wrote:
In post 2820, Titus wrote:Why haven't you interacted at all with SirCakez? (According to my memory)
I mean.
I could call all his posting scum if you'd like.

But that wouldn't exactly be productive, now, would it?
Yes. Yes it would. It gives reassurance to me that you might be possible to get on the same page, rather than talking to a wall.
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #2845 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:10 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 2843, mastina wrote:
In post 2836, Titus wrote:Mastina, suppose you are wrong on BBMolla, what does your world look like?
Aside from that world never happening, would have to cross that bridge when I came to it, honestly.

I don't have a backup plan.

I don't have a roadmap in this game.

"If X flips town, Y is scum instead".
I don't have anything like that whatsoever.
I don't have an excess of scumreads.
I have reason to townread all of the players in the game, save three.

I would be left on shaky grounds, yes, if I was proven wrong. I wouldn't exactly know where to go next. I'd have to reassess, wouldn't be able to tell you about it now though because it hasn't happened and I don't think it ever will.

It's not this often I feel so confident on a scumteam.
And there's damn fucking good reason I feel this confident about that scumteam.
So, who is your scumteam aside from BBMolla?
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2846 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:16 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2829, mastina wrote:That's potentially three out of four scum nightkilled, and their only defense is vanillaizing the 2x vigilante?
well... yeah

not to mention not being awful and avoid getting scumread. that'd probably go a pretty long way in not getting vigged.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2847 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:22 pm

Post by Heartless »

titus is a pats hater?

you learn something new every day
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #2848 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:25 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 2846, Heartless wrote:
In post 2829, mastina wrote:That's potentially three out of four scum nightkilled, and their only defense is vanillaizing the 2x vigilante?
well... yeah
not to mention not being awful and avoid getting scumread. that'd probably go a pretty long way in not getting vigged.
Still.
You're positing this passed a review with the possibility of:
-One scum lynched D1.
-The scum's nightkill failing thanks to one of two sources (AT MINIMUM--not even including the possibility of scum killing themselves).
-The vig shooting scum.
-Maybe the rogue crew being able to shoot scum, depending on the exact mechanic there.
-A second scum lynched D2 from AT LEAST ONE SOURCE a guilty (with the possibility of that being GAME OVER RIGHT THEN AND THERE if scum shot themselves/the rogue crew could shoot N1).
-The vig shooting the last scum N2.

...And you think that would pass as balanced against just a 2x Vanillaizer?
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2849 (ISO) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:26 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 2829, mastina wrote:Fuck PRs. Judge by play. Do you actually think BBMolla's play is town?
i thought was vaguely town. but other than that, no not really.
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”