Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I don't really want to do none. Like its safe and doesn't change anything. I feel like Arts, eventhough I realize that it could backfire on town, could really help too.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 340, Vecna wrote:
In post 331, The DEO wrote:
In post 314, Yuri wrote:Wait tf did they just agree to chill for now? Hot damn

Also DEO, now that I look at it, Fro99er is also defending Vecna, even explaining how he perceives vecna's points to Drixx. I don't have a problem w Fro99er doin this, but I'm wondering why you don't.
I'm focused on you and your hard defense, not just people townreading Vecna.
Titus, are you looking for people defending their scum-teammate, or scum just white-knighting?

If its the first, please use your energy more productive.
Why does that matter? Both are scum motivations. Why are you interrupting my attempts to get reads?
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:56 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 342, The DEO wrote:
In post 326, Fro99er wrote:
In post 323, Akane and Nebby wrote:Can there be a way to ensure each member picks a different wonder without scum knowing?
No, but we could do something close.

Like frog chooses from {X, Y}, drixx chooses from {Y, Z}, titus chooses from {Z, X}

And if we had enough coverage of this it would at least not let scum know who chose what exactly, and probably lets us get close to choosing them all, if not actually choosing them all with mid-teens town players.
Not a fan of this, but I'll sleep on this.

Frogger, what are your reads?
In post 239, Fro99er wrote:Some reads

Town:
Spiff, TitusMath, Alihydra, MariaGerry, LUV

Scum:
Leon
Vecna and Drixx I need to place.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Ribbit ribbit." -Transcend
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 350, Nero Cain wrote:I don't really want to do none. Like its safe and doesn't change anything. I feel like Arts, eventhough I realize that it could backfire on town, could really help too.
Why do you feel the arts is useful? It doesn't help me at all, so I'm rather against it. Barring some lylo shot governor/double voter, vote mechanics tend to get in the way.

I find it interesting how much our reads are in sync. Thankful and suspicious. Kinda wierd.
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:57 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 344, Drixx wrote:This is a start. It needs more work
Definitely.

Point is we can probably find a way to get most coverage of the wonders, while keeping scum guessing.
"I officially announce Fro99er the king of guilties because this is the second time he has guiltied a slot I was really unsure about.
Heil King Froggo.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:58 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 338, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The problem Drix is that we've seen MB and Titus play tend to backfire on town.
Titus play backfires when she doesn't obvtown and people don't trust her. If you haven't read Suikoden, you have no idea what she's capable of. I'm not sure I would have ever even thought to do what she did, let alone pulled it off. That's not petting her ego ... it's just the freaking truth. The only reason she doesn't have the best town banner is because somehow in the same year Inception Mafia happened, and the Inception Mafia team somehow worked together even BETTER (even if just barely). It was easily one of the best 2 or 3 town performances since I've joined the site.

If you doubt me, go look.
Get to know a Drixx - Recently Updated!
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:59 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 346, The DEO wrote:
In post 338, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:The problem Drix is that we've seen MB and Titus play tend to backfire on town.
And the Pick Your Power game? Hmm.

This game shouldn't be focused on measuring our past achievements or perceived lack their of. My town play has improved from where it was. The point is to figure out who is town and get the best out of them. So, if you think I'm town, you should help me avoid my pitfalls. If you think I'm scum, the goal should be the opposite.
Post of the game so far. This is either obvtown!Titus or scum.mastermind!Titus. No in betweens.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

This game shouldn't be focused on measuring our past achievements or perceived lack their of. My town play has improved from where it was. The point is to figure out who is town and get the best out of them. So, if you think I'm town, you should help me avoid my pitfalls. If you think I'm scum, the goal should be the opposite.
It's not just that game.

I'm town and I work better with less noise. All of the mechanics talk is just that and don't help anyone figure out anyone else's alignment. I'm going to have trouble figuring out the both of you if we continue which is why I want you to just vote None.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:00 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 352, Fro99er wrote:
In post 342, The DEO wrote:
In post 326, Fro99er wrote:
In post 323, Akane and Nebby wrote:Can there be a way to ensure each member picks a different wonder without scum knowing?
No, but we could do something close.

Like frog chooses from {X, Y}, drixx chooses from {Y, Z}, titus chooses from {Z, X}

And if we had enough coverage of this it would at least not let scum know who chose what exactly, and probably lets us get close to choosing them all, if not actually choosing them all with mid-teens town players.
Not a fan of this, but I'll sleep on this.

Frogger, what are your reads?
In post 239, Fro99er wrote:Some reads

Town:
Spiff, TitusMath, Alihydra, MariaGerry, LUV

Scum:
Leon
Vecna and Drixx I need to place.

I don't feel well with MG at town or LUV there yet. Leon also doesn't feel that scummy to me.

Care to elaborate?

~Titus
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Drixx »

@Mod: I would like to commence building the Pyramids please. Thanks.

Absolutely zero reason to hide that I'm doing so. It's now on me to obvtown the shit out of myself, plus I accept that I have to be lynched before any potential endgame. Won't bother me because I get to still play the game.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 357, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:

It's not just that game.

I'm town and I work better with less noise. All of the mechanics talk is just that and don't help anyone figure out anyone else's alignment. I'm going to have trouble figuring out the both of you if we continue which is why I want you to just vote None.
If you solve the game better without the mechanics talk, why were you engaging me more on the mechanics talk and why was it harder to discuss reads with you?
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:01 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 345, Fro99er wrote:
In post 332, Vecna wrote:Scum killing the person in the middle confirms the sides though.
There is no middle. It's a loop. And if we have 6 town players it's

2x {X, Y}
2x {X, Z}
2x {Y, Z}

Type stuff. One scum kill doesn't confirm anything
Hmmm I tried to break it, but killing one indeed doesnt guarantee anything. Interesting.

Scum in those groupings might mean we miss out on good abilities though.

Lets keep exploring this idea
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:02 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 351, The DEO wrote:
In post 340, Vecna wrote:
In post 331, The DEO wrote:
In post 314, Yuri wrote:Wait tf did they just agree to chill for now? Hot damn

Also DEO, now that I look at it, Fro99er is also defending Vecna, even explaining how he perceives vecna's points to Drixx. I don't have a problem w Fro99er doin this, but I'm wondering why you don't.
I'm focused on you and your hard defense, not just people townreading Vecna.
Titus, are you looking for people defending their scum-teammate, or scum just white-knighting?

If its the first, please use your energy more productive.
Why does that matter? Both are scum motivations. Why are you interrupting my attempts to get reads?
Im just trying to make sure that you dont operate based on false assumptions, but carry on
Akane and Nebby
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Akane and Nebby
Goon
Goon

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 am

Post by Akane and Nebby »

We chose in the group of {Mausoleum, Hanging gardens} so no one else pick from that grouping, okay?

- Akane
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:03 am

Post by The DEO »

I'm actually against exploring this further until we get a solid townblock going.

~Titus
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 360, The DEO wrote:

It's not just that game.

If you solve the game better without the mechanics talk, why were you engaging me more on the mechanics talk and why was it harder to discuss reads with you?
Mainly because I am trying to work with you and I don't like sharing reads.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 363, Akane and Nebby wrote:We chose in the group of {Mausoleum, Hanging gardens} so no one else pick from that grouping, okay?

- Akane
Double submissions are fine. We aren't forgoing one of the abilities just to make sure any one slot is a PR. That's dumb, especially if memory serves correct, one of those is doctor.

~Titus
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:04 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Pyramids only. Anything else is garbage.
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 am

Post by Maxous »

I don't think Drixx would be cheerleading Titus so hard as scum
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 am

Post by The DEO »

In post 365, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 360, The DEO wrote:

It's not just that game.

Mainly because I am trying to work with you and I don't like sharing reads.
Sharing reads is much more efficient though. I generally post more if I can't get the information regarding reads directly yet. Plus, it makes you more lynchable which although I have you as possible scum, I don't think you're in my lynch pool today.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:06 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 361, Vecna wrote:
In post 345, Fro99er wrote:
In post 332, Vecna wrote:Scum killing the person in the middle confirms the sides though.
There is no middle. It's a loop. And if we have 6 town players it's

2x {X, Y}
2x {X, Z}
2x {Y, Z}

Type stuff. One scum kill doesn't confirm anything
Hmmm I tried to break it, but killing one indeed doesnt guarantee anything. Interesting.

Scum in those groupings might mean we miss out on good abilities though.

Lets keep exploring this idea
Umm... can we actually table that for a bit? There are some players in this game who are really freaking good at both town and scum and sorting them would be wise before planning. Like ... it's REALLY good that people started to realize there's ways to use the knowledge without scum getting a road map, but let's not take it too far just yet. There's wisdom in knowing when to speak up and when not to.

P-edit: Yep ... either we're getting a legendary Titus game (or early Titus NK) or this is mastermind!Titus
Fro99er
Fro99er
Survivor
Fro99er
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Fro99er »

In post 358, The DEO wrote:I don't feel well with MG at town or LUV there yet. Leon also doesn't feel that scummy to me.Care to elaborate?~Titus
LUV -- I thought these two posts were towny
In post 38, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Sciences just leads to distractions. Gives scum an excuse to look like they're doing something.
In post 296, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:There is way too much distrust early on for all the power we could gain to even match the fact that scum are informed.
MariaGerry (Sondam) and Leon I've associated as one of the two being scum, or tvt. That wasn't a bus between them. But I think leon is probably scum because his opening post looked really tryhard, but not well thought out, and then quotes like this
In post 50, Leonshade wrote:Vecna was the first one to bring up five players, why are you only focusing on me?
"but they did it too" type stuff always give me scumvibes. Also thought wasn't so great a retort to Sondam. Like, "oh I found a contradiction". Here's a fun fact. Town contradict themselves all the time. And Sondam's posts actually looked like a progression to me instead of a contradiction.
Heil King Froggo.
Vecna
Vecna
Survivor
Vecna
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Vecna »

In post 363, Akane and Nebby wrote:We chose in the group of {Mausoleum, Hanging gardens} so no one else pick from that grouping, okay?

- Akane
This is the sort of information you shouldnt out, unless we come up with a proper plan. And we should get at least a few other unlikely nightkills on that Hanging gardens imo.
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 368, Maxous wrote:I don't think Drixx would be cheerleading Titus so hard as scum
That's because I'm not. And unless someone snatches the Pyramids from me, I need to KEEP being OTAF so I can be useful as a town voice who can't be stopped. Although as far as that goes, it's amusing because assuming I get pyramids successfully, then it takes only one further step to make me an IC who can't be silenced. I'm pretty sure it's obvious but just in case going to keep my mouth shut about how that would be accomplished.
The DEO
The DEO
Mafia Scum
The DEO
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:09 am

Post by The DEO »

Vecna, what is your read on Yuri? Do you think that's a scum defense of you?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”