Donald Trump

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Dwlee99
Rising Star
Rising Star
 
User avatar
Joined: July 03, 2015
Location: Northeast USA
Pronoun: They

Post Post #12375  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:43 pm

In post 12361, theplague42 wrote:
In post 12337, Dwlee99 wrote:<insert complaint about Betsy DeVos being appointed, especially as a 15 year-old who will be going to college in the next four years>

She likely won't affect college much (I don't think she's ever spoken much about them, either). College are managed by the state legislatures, not the DoE. She'll be busy funneling tax money into Christian K-12 schools.

I still have two and a half years of public school. Im worried that the quality of my education could go down if she were to cut the budgets of public schools in order to funnel money into the christian schools.

theplague42
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12376  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:09 pm

karnos why do you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression?
Part of the problem.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12377  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:10 pm

In post 12364, theplague42 wrote:
In post 12358, karnos wrote:You are wrong. Free speech is not just a government thing. It's considered a basic human right by many. Now sure, reddit also has the right to not allow you on their site, and certain controls are fine.
You are speaking as if you know what you are talking about, but right here you let slip the fact that you don't really have a clue.
Now, reddit has the power to censor, as a private company. But the whole point of a capitalist system is that consumers can be informed and make decisions based on such. If reddit is censoring it absolutely is crucially important to talk about and report all cases of censorship, so that the market can adjust and destroy reddit's business.
You are speaking as if you know what you are talking about, but right here you let slip the fact that you don't really have a clue.
Also, there is a little thing known as "common carrier", which REQUIRES that you treat all customers or clients the same. If reddit is systematically censoring certain views, common carrier protections go out the window and the site owners are 100% liable for anything posted on the site. Child pornography, cracked software, hate speech, whatever. It's a very dangerous path to follow.
You are speaking as if you know what you are talking about, but right here you let slip the fact that you don't really have a clue.


Oh look, blatant trolling by someone too stupid to actually debate anything.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12378  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

In post 12376, theplague42 wrote:karnos why do you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression?


What the fuck are talking about?

When did I ever say reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression?

Grade A idiot. I don't really care if I get banned, the stupidity and blatant unchecked trolling in this thread is ridiculous.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12379  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm

Oh look, blatant trolling by someone too stupid to actually debate anything.


saving this line for later
why am i typing this

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12380  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:14 pm

In post 12378, karnos wrote:When did I ever say reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression?

no one claimed you said reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression, mr brain
why am i typing this

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12381  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:17 pm

In post 12380, Psyche wrote:
In post 12378, karnos wrote:When did I ever say reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression?

no one claimed you said reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression, mr brain


I see you do not speak English fluently, that's too bad.

"karnos why do you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression?"

That fake question is outright stating that I care more about reddit's censorship than voting suppression.

theplague42
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12382  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:22 pm

In post 11429, karnos wrote:

If you think voter ID laws discriminate against blacks, you are ignorant and racist.

karnos posted this twice (or at least the video was posted twice; at least once by him), implying that he thinks voter ID laws don't discriminate (suppress) minority voting and that the laws are necessary despite a lack of evidence of voter fraud (in other words, err on the side of restricting voting rights to prevent illegal voting). His recent posting indicates he feels very strongly about any potential social media censorship, to the point of allowing hate-speech rather than potentially censor viewpoints (in other words, err on the side of allowing behavior). Hence my question.
Part of the problem.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12383  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:30 pm

In post 12381, karnos wrote:
In post 12380, Psyche wrote:
In post 12378, karnos wrote:When did I ever say reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression?

no one claimed you said reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression, mr brain


I see you do not speak English fluently, that's too bad.

"karnos why do you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression?"

That fake question is outright stating that I care more about reddit's censorship than voting suppression.

yeah but no one claimed you said reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression, mr fluent english speaker
why am i typing this

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12384  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:31 pm

Are you retarded?

The argument for voter ID laws isn't "well dur they don't HURT blacks so lets do it!" The argument is that voter fraud is a BAD THING, and when anyone can walk into a polling station and give a name and vote it's pretty damn easy to commit voter fraud. Even more so in Muslim heavy populations where many women wear full facial covers, how hard is it commit fraud when you don't need to show your face or an ID?

The whole question of whether or not voter ID inconveniences or discriminates against minorities is an irrelevant smokescreen. They don't, but even if they did the end result (preventing voter fraud) would be absolutely worth "suppressing" a few votes. Where "suppression" really just means some people don't vote because they don't feel like it.

Funny thing, I don't vote for every single local election myself. It's just not worth the effort and time for something that will barely have any impact on my day to day life. Should I be calling up lawyers and crying about being "suppressed"? No, because it's my damn choice to skip out on those elections. Anyone who wants to vote and can put forth a minimal level of effort can do so, minority or not.

Plus:

Image

theplague42
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: October 31, 2010
Location: Denver, CO
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12385  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:31 pm

How is it a fake question? I can see it right in front of me. And I legitimately am asking, because I don't see why you care so much about teeny-weeny little acts of "censorship" by a private company acting on their private product.
Part of the problem.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12386  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:35 pm

In post 12383, Psyche wrote:yeah but no one claimed you said reddit's censorship is more important than voting suppression, mr fluent english speaker


"Care more" means something is more important to you. Words have meaning. Just because I didn't use the exact same word, I used the same meaning.

It's funny how you selectively understand that.

politifaked ADDS a word to a Trump quote, because it was implied? You are A+ 100% on board.

I change a phrase to a word with the same meaning? ZOMG, karnos is a liar!

Never mind the fact that you choose to nitpick about such crap instead of arguing against my point.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12387  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:37 pm

In post 12385, theplague42 wrote:How is it a fake question? I can see it right in front of me. And I legitimately am asking, because I don't see why you care so much about teeny-weeny little acts of "censorship" by a private company acting on their private product.


theplague42, what to you enjoy most about being a lobotomy recipient?

It's not a fake question, I can see it right in front of me. There is no way a person with a fully functional brain could spew the utter garbage you spew on a daily basis.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12388  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:39 pm

In post 12386, karnos wrote:t same word, I used the same meaning.

It's funny how you selectively understand that.

politifaked ADDS a word to a Trump quote, because it was implied? You are A+ 100% on board.

I change a phrase to a word with the same meaning? ZOMG, karnos is a liar!

Never mind the fact that you choose to nitpick about such crap instead of arguing against my point.

you decided to nitpick over whether you ever claimed a particular thing instead of arguing against plague's point
why am i typing this

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12389  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:40 pm

karnos the most interesting thing about you is the huge gulf between how smart you think you are and how smart you obviously are
why am i typing this

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12390  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:41 pm

In post 12385, theplague42 wrote:How is it a fake question? I can see it right in front of me. And I legitimately am asking, because I don't see why you care so much about teeny-weeny little acts of "censorship" by a private company acting on their private product.


Just to illustrate your stupidity:

Reddit censorship: no positive outcome.

Voter ID laws: voter fraud becomes much more difficult to get away with, incredibly huge positive outcome.

Your fake question implies that I have weighed the negatives of reddit censorship against the "negatives" of voter ID, and I decided that reddit censorship negatives are worse.

The truth is, the "negatives" of voter ID are completely inconsequential next to the vastly worse negatives of rampant unchecked voter fraud. I'm not even considering the negatives because they essentially don't exist, it's a massive net positive change.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12391  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm

In post 12388, Psyche wrote:
In post 12386, karnos wrote:t same word, I used the same meaning.

It's funny how you selectively understand that.

politifaked ADDS a word to a Trump quote, because it was implied? You are A+ 100% on board.

I change a phrase to a word with the same meaning? ZOMG, karnos is a liar!

Never mind the fact that you choose to nitpick about such crap instead of arguing against my point.

you decided to nitpick over whether you ever claimed a particular thing instead of arguing against plague's point


He did not have a point.

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12392  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:42 pm

In post 12390, karnos wrote:Your fake question implies that I have weighed the negatives of reddit censorship against the "negatives" of voter ID, and I decided that reddit censorship negatives are worse.

no it doesn't
why am i typing this

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12393  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 pm

In post 12391, karnos wrote:He did not have a point.

his point was that you seemed to care more about reddit censorship than about voter suppression...
why am i typing this

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12394  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 pm

In post 12389, Psyche wrote:karnos the most interesting thing about you is the huge gulf between how smart you think you are and how smart you obviously are


The sad thing about you is you seem so sure that you are smarter than me, but all you can do is troll and autisticly screech at my posts.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12395  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:44 pm

In post 12393, Psyche wrote:
In post 12391, karnos wrote:He did not have a point.

his point was that you seemed to care more about reddit censorship than about voter suppression...


Okay wait a second, what do you *think* I responded to from his post, if not that "point"?

Psyche
mr. personality
 
User avatar
Joined: April 28, 2011
Location: diving
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12396  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

i believe you misread his post, thinking he'd claimed that you'd said you care more about reddit censorship than voter suppression, even though he never made that claim

i feel like you could have guessed all this from reading my posts...
why am i typing this

PeregrineV
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: February 23, 2011
Location: Zendikar
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12397  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:52 pm

In post 12390, karnos wrote:The truth is, the "negatives" of voter ID are completely inconsequential next to the vastly worse negatives of rampant unchecked voter fraud. I'm not even considering the negatives because they essentially don't exist, it's a massive net positive change.

Just curious, what do your sources say is the percentage of fraudulent votes cast in the 2016 presidential election?
I will have Limited Access on weekends.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12398  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:56 pm

In post 12397, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 12390, karnos wrote:The truth is, the "negatives" of voter ID are completely inconsequential next to the vastly worse negatives of rampant unchecked voter fraud. I'm not even considering the negatives because they essentially don't exist, it's a massive net positive change.

Just curious, what do your sources say is the percentage of fraudulent votes cast in the 2016 presidential election?


Don't know, don't care.

I don't know the percentage of people who are murdered in their sleep because they left the front door open. It's probably a pretty low percentage. All the same, I'll close and lock my door at night because my family's safety is important to me.

Stopping voter fraud is important. It doesn't matter if it's 1% of the vote or 3% or 20%.

karnos
Mafia Scum
 
Joined: March 05, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #12399  (ISO)  » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:02 pm

In post 12396, Psyche wrote:i believe you misread his post, thinking he'd claimed that you'd said you care more about reddit censorship than voter suppression, even though he never made that claim

i feel like you could have guessed all this from reading my posts...


He did say that. Again, English is obviously not a strong language for you.

karnos why do you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression?

A question in that format is WHY do "statement of fact".

Like if I said, Psyche: Why do you beat up those poor black kids constantly?

I just said you beat up poor black kids constantly, in the form of a fake question.
when you remove the "why do" part, he said you care more about non-existent reddit "censorship" than actual real-life voting suppression

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to General Discussion