Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #28 (isolation #0) » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:51 pm

Post by Misère »

VOTE: BTD6_maker

For lurking in HS' neighborhood. (Jin is guilty of this too but L-2 is a good place for him.)
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #39 (isolation #1) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 2:02 am

Post by Misère »

In post 36, Human Sequencer wrote:'This should end by N2'
implies knowledge that there is 2 scum
we all know there is 2 scum, that's how the setup works, it's in the opening post.

jin in our neighbourhood (paraphrased to dodge the nightkill):
>do you think there is 2 or 3 scum (going for the derpclear)
>i think 3 mafia would be overpowered, i do
>who do you think would be a strong mafia team?

does anybody else spot the contradiction
I'm convinced, provided the timestamps check out. Did Jin say "this should end by N2" before asking those questions in the neighborhood?
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #44 (isolation #2) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:03 am

Post by Misère »

Human Sequencer wrote:no, it's 20 mins apart the other way around.

the way you phrased that makes me feel like you knew that. speaking of which, how did you know that jin and btd where lurking in our neighbourhoods?
You wrote
In post 21, Human Sequencer wrote:both of my pts have at least 10 views
what the fuck is with that shit?
does it count every time you refresh egosearch or something?
If someone were actively posting in your neighborhood you wouldn't think 10 views is a lot.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #46 (isolation #3) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:21 am

Post by Misère »

Regardless, Jin has been in enough games not to take seriously the possibility of 3:6 even if he didn't know the setup.

UNVOTE: BTD6_maker

It's too soon to give intent to hammer Jin.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (isolation #4) » Tue Jan 17, 2017 10:49 am

Post by Misère »

I think it's very likely that Jin is guilty, even knowing the order of the posts. HS is putting their neck out in a way that would not be wise as any alignment if they were misrepresenting the situation. If Jin turns out to be town, that looks very bad for HS.

BTD6_maker wrote:
In post 28, Misère wrote:VOTE: BTD6_maker

For lurking in HS' neighborhood. (Jin is guilty of this too but L-2 is a good place for him.)
This is a scumclaim. How do you see HS' neighborhoods?
I don't, I inferred it from HS' post earlier. I already explained this.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (isolation #5) » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:18 pm

Post by Misère »

I think my previous point was misconstrued. HS' accusation is towny
to me
regardless of how Jin flips. I was saying that it is towny precisely because it's a dangerously strong, attention-getting case to make this early as scum.

VOTE: Dunnstral
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #97 (isolation #6) » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:25 am

Post by Misère »

In post 94, Ser Arthur Dayne wrote:A bit of what Misere said in the neighborhood I liked but I wish she was still talking more to me :/
If there's something in particular you want to talk with me about, feel free to raise the topic. I am checking the neighborhood regularly.

Is there anyone with a reasonably active neighbor right now who is not particularly townreading them? (I'm not particularly townreading SlySly but he is not a reasonably active neighbor.)
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #119 (isolation #7) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:21 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 117, BlackVoid wrote:Oh wait. I just read my private topic with SlySly and he said he just realized there were two neighborhoods. So, I guess that explains why he thought they were masons if he missed or skimmed over the link to the second topic.
Did he say he had just noticed his topic with you, or his topic with me? I want to know if this corroborates what he said in my topic with him.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #121 (isolation #8) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Post by Misère »

A few posts in he said he had just noticed he had two neighborhoods. In fact this was just after I asked him what you were saying in your neighborhood with him, to compare with HS' statements. So that fits together consistently. Since town are more likely to misunderstand the setup, I'm comfortable taking this as a basis for a townread on SlySly.
In post 112, BlackVoid wrote:...but it wouldn't hurt to have the Dunnstral vote explained because I don't think I understand it.
I disliked Dunnstral's immediate OMGUS-style vote on Dominator. I also disliked his flippant push on me for my commentary on the HS-Jin interaction. Aside from my suspicions, I wanted to see how Dunn would react to the vote and in particular if I would get an OMGUS-style vote back as well -- though, having gotten a positive result I admit I'm not sure how to read it.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #122 (isolation #9) » Sat Jan 21, 2017 5:39 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 121, Misère wrote:In fact this was just after I asked him what you were saying in your neighborhood with him, to compare with HS' statements.
By 'you' of course I mean Jin.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #136 (isolation #10) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:51 am

Post by Misère »

In post 116, BlackVoid wrote:That leaves TheDominator and beeboy (now Shannon). I townread 85 upon my initial read because I found it funny/cheeky but I realize I have too many townreads, and if I've been too liberal somewhere, it's probably here. I do think that carelessness like what TheDominator displayed comes more from town than scum though. He seems like he's totally a newb based on how he's playing so far so I'd expect him to be a bit more uptight.
This read on Dominator is problematic. Dominator has five posts: one naked vote, three one-sentence bits of fluff, and a prod dodge. This is not enough content to have any serious opinion on whether he is "totally a newb" or "uptight," let alone to form a nuanced read like the above.

Can you explain what makes Dominator read as a newb specifically?
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #138 (isolation #11) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 3:26 am

Post by Misère »

Fairly.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (isolation #12) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:24 am

Post by Misère »

Loaded questions are fun, aren't they?
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #143 (isolation #13) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:20 am

Post by Misère »

VOTE: Dominator

This is better than Dunnstral right now.
1. He needs to be more active.
2. He has interesting associations with both Dunnstral and BlackVoid.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #147 (isolation #14) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:38 am

Post by Misère »

In post 145, Human Sequencer wrote:@misere
that was an actual question, plz don't ignore me thx.
It wasn't a very good question. If I were trying to act like a worse player than I am, I wouldn't admit it.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #153 (isolation #15) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:58 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 150, shannon wrote:
In post 143, Misère wrote:VOTE: Dominator

This is better than Dunnstral right now.
1. He needs to be more active.
2. He has interesting associations with both Dunnstral and BlackVoid.
What are the associations? You can't just throw this out there with nothing
Dominator voted Dunnstral right out of the gate and didn't change or comment on this when I added my vote there, and Dunnstral is openly calling for Dominator's lynch, which lowers the probability of a Dominator-Dunnstral scumteam. (Not rules out, but lowers the probability.)

BlackVoid issued what I consider a very strange analysis of Dominator, granting him a (weak) town read on the strength of a few empty posts, which somewhat raises the probability of a Dominator-Dunnstral scumteam.

Aside from this, based on his last post Dominator is being wilfully opaque, meaning the only good way to sort him is to flip him.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #154 (isolation #16) » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:59 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 153, Misère wrote:BlackVoid issued what I consider a very strange analysis of Dominator, granting him a (weak) town read on the strength of a few empty posts, which somewhat raises the probability of a Dominator-
BlackVoid
scumteam.
EBWOP.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #167 (isolation #17) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:47 am

Post by Misère »

I like the Dominator vote, but I'm confused by the argument.
In post 166, BTD6_maker wrote:I find this mildly scummy. This is not willing to put in much effort into Day 1 at all, and I get the impression that this is habitual.
If it's habitual, it's anti-town but not scummy. It's only scummy if it differs from his town play.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #168 (isolation #18) » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:11 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 164, SlySly wrote:Simple. The following is such obvious rvs sarcasm that anyone that took it seriously needs rope.
In post 23, Secret Agent Jin wrote:
In post 17, Human Sequencer wrote: jin, whose your scumbuddy? is it btd6_maker?
You know it HS, you nailed it. I dont understand how you figured it out so fast. This should end by N2!
This looks like a misunderstanding of HS' argument. Of course Jin was being sarcastic in that he was not claiming scum or claiming BTD6 was his partner. The concern is that, by saying "This should end by N2," he shows understanding that there are exactly two scum. This is at odds with his speculating in the neighborhood with HS about how many scum are in the game, and suggests he was never really confused about that matter. There is no real reason for town to lie about something like that.

Possible explanations are:
  1. Jin was scum faking a dumb-town tell.
  2. Jin was sarcastically saying "yeah, the scum are exactly BTD6 and I" without actually knowing there were exactly 2 scum.
  3. Jin figured out the setup sometime between those two events.
  4. Jin was trying some kind of reaction test.
  5. HS misrepresented or outright lied about the contents of the neighborhood.
I don't find 4 or 5 plausible. If it were a reaction test he would have admitted to it afterward, and if HS were lying or misrepresenting then Jin would have called that out when accused.

HS was of course arguing that it's 1.

Jin's seems to be claiming it's 2, but now that I reread I realize it could also be interpreted as simply failing to understand the point HS made. But failure to understand would itself be a towntell.

I was pretty sure it was 1, but this is complicated by the fact that I want to townread BlackVoid. I'll need associatives to come to a decision on this.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (isolation #19) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:00 am

Post by Misère »

Shannon, what is your actual opinion of the Jin affair itself? You say that HS was right to push it and that you "have seen similar slips happen, and scum have got away with it," but does it in fact make you suspect BlackVoid (né Jin)?

I notice a major reason for your suspicion of me is that I spoke as if Jin was the lynch
du jour
early on. I did this because I actually thought that was the case, because I thought HS' evidence was conclusive. I'm sort of surprised that no one else did, but only slightly, since it seems everyone here is so jaded by people crying "slip" and "scumclaim" that they don't notice when one actually happens.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (isolation #20) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:32 am

Post by Misère »

Because I think Dominator's behavior merits a lynch.

Would you tell someone to stop voting for me if you were confused by their reasons for doing so?
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #201 (isolation #21) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:41 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 192, shannon wrote:I would have wagoned it if I'd been in the game at that time at that time. I 100% think HS was right to push it. I *don't* think the evidence was conclusive, though, which is why I am scum reading you for being so final about it. I actually said to one of my neighbours that I think you've brought the whole thing up again just to try to discredit HS's push. So I'll put this out there - HS is my top town read and there's no way I'm voting there unless he does something ridiculously bad today.
I'm pretty sure HS is town too, and I don't understand how this would discredit HS' push.

I
am
bringing it up to try and convince you I'm town, because, well, I am.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #202 (isolation #22) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:50 pm

Post by Misère »

My top townread is Dayne based on our neighborhood interactions. He was pressing me on my voting patterns in a way that seemed like a genuine effort to sort me.

I'd say Dayne and SlySly are strongly town, HS is probable town, and though I'm close to null on BTD and Shannon I'd rather wait and see what they do. This leaves BlackVoid, Dominator, and Dunnstral. I'd rather lynch Dominator since the other two are at least posting content and should become more sortable over time.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #215 (isolation #23) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:25 am

Post by Misère »

In post 208, Human Sequencer wrote:Do you really believe Dominator is viable for a lynch right now?
Yes. If nothing else he's the most viable choice in my lynch pool, given that the earlier JinVoid wagon has evaporated.
If you don't believe with BTD's logic, what logic have you used? In your iso you pointed out useless association talk and pretty much used the same logic BTD did.
I don't like BTD's undermining his own point by saying that Dominator's unhelpfulness is typical for him, while also saying it's scummy. If he had said it was anti-town and proposed a utility lynch, I wouldn't have a problem with it. If he had said it was scummy without also saying it was his typical behavior, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I think a player as deliberately useless as Dominator has been has an above-default probability of being scum and, even if he is town, is about the most harmless mislynch we could make.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #216 (isolation #24) » Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:28 am

Post by Misère »

In post 210, shannon wrote:Dunn - Is my neighbour. First aboard the Jin wagon after Jin's slip, which earns points for me.
Dunnstral, is the slip why you voted Jin?
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #223 (isolation #25) » Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:42 am

Post by Misère »

In post 220, Dunnstral wrote:I was voting him before hs came out with the "slip" that nobody seems to care about anymore
This is the correct answer. (I expected that you would give the correct answer, but it didn't hurt to check.)

Shannon's lines of questioning are solid.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #272 (isolation #26) » Sat Jan 28, 2017 3:01 pm

Post by Misère »

Sorry for the inactivity. I actually thought I had posted yesterday.
In post 268, nn30 wrote:Why are you softly advocating we lynch someone who is null. We could go for someone who is actively scummy instead!
I gave my reasons for advocating a Dominator lynch and I think they were clear.

First-day lynches are actually less likely than random to hit scum, so I'd rather lynch a somewhat less scummy but totally unhelpful player over a hypothetical scummier one who is doing things that will eventually make him or her sortable.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #356 (isolation #27) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:18 am

Post by Misère »

prodge

Will post in a bit.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #358 (isolation #28) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:44 am

Post by Misère »

I'd actually still prefer an nn30 lynch to Dunnstral right now.

Re. nn30's arguments against me in :
In post 249, nn30 wrote:Their list reeks of faking content as does the attempt at naming scum teams in . I really like the observation in but there's no attempt at follow-up made.

I don't like how and contradict one another. In 168 he says he wants to town read Black Void while in 202 has him, presumably, in the null pile.

I don't like how he continually circles back to discussing the RVS Jin wagon: ,, and . Jin was run up druing RVS - continuing to try and make this the focus of our discussion is getting old. Feels like fake content.
The first paragraph is rather hand-wavey "I don't like this and that" pseudo-argument. He refers to my posts as fake content without saying what is fake about it, and critiques that after "there was no attempt at follow-up made." In fact I did follow up that point in , as nn30 must surely know since he cites that post as well.

The second paragraph is an obvious misread of what I actually said in . It's clear from the context of that post that I was not saying "BlackVoid is probably town" but rather "BlackVoid's posts look towny to me
right now
." Here is the actual paragraph he references:
I was pretty sure [Jin was scum faking a dumb-town tell], but this is complicated by the fact that I want to townread BlackVoid. I'll need associatives to come to a decision on this.
There is nothing confusing about combining this with a null read on BlackVoid's slot.

The third paragraph is a poor argument from the start, made even poorer by the context of the posts he referenced: and are both clearly an attempt to read Dunn and clearly a response to something shannon posted.

Beyond that, nn30's asks a question I've already answered.

I can understand why other players have found my tone unnatural and scummy, because my tone has in fact been fairly unnatural. Most of these players have just said, "Wow, Misère is really scummy," without seriously attempting to explain the read, and then followed up by reading just about everything I posted afterward in a confirmation-biased manner. This is what I would expect from town reading a player whose tone feels off. nn30, on the other hand, has assembled a collection of 'evidence' that is tenuous at best but happens to point to the least popular player. I find it hard to credit that the reasons he gives are ones that would actually lead a town player to independently form a scum read on me. It seems more likely that he is pushing on me because I am easy to push on, and generating reasons to match his foregone conclusion.

(I also dislike nn30's push on BTD6 because BTD6 is consistently an easy mislynch in his town games, but by that same reason I should expect to see town pushes on BTD6 for innocent behavior, so I don't actually take this as additional evidence against nn30.)
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #360 (isolation #29) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:54 am

Post by Misère »

I was not deliberately trying to look scummy.

I
was
(and still am) deliberately altering my style, in a way that was obviously seen as suspiciously artificial.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #391 (isolation #30) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:14 pm

Post by Misère »

I'm here. Not interested in a Dayne wagon, though.

I could do Dunnstral but lately I'm getting the sense that he is town. I will vote him under deadline duress. I still think nn30 is better but no one seems interested in my argument there.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (isolation #31) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:38 pm

Post by Misère »

I am a vanilla townie.

VOTE: Dunnstral

This is the only counterwagon with any hope at all.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #465 (isolation #32) » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Post by Misère »

VOTE: nn30
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #481 (isolation #33) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:36 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 478, shannon wrote:
BV
I feel like a dick for saying it like this but please be more careful about what you post. In you talked about BTD soft claiming cop and how he thought scum might not notice, which in retrospect might have drawn their attention to the claim :facepalm: Also, it's worth noting that both people you thought would be D2 'sortable' are now dead. What's your take on that?
This is a good catch. Do you find it suspicious? Because I find it suspicious.

VOTE: BlackVoid

I'll answer your questions to me separately.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #492 (isolation #34) » Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:10 am

Post by Misère »

Lazy-postingz as I've been busier than I anticipated.

I'll just assume my reasoning was.bad since everyone else thinks it was.

UNVOTE: BlackVoid

Hell if I have any other ideas, though.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #522 (isolation #35) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:52 pm

Post by Misère »

I've been much busier than I expected to be lately. If that continues to be the case, I'll replace out.

I really have nothing to contribute right now. I still don't think HS is Mafia but I'm not sure why the continued push on me now. For that matter I don't
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #523 (isolation #36) » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Post by Misère »

In post 522, Misère wrote:For that matter I don't
...finish my posts before fat-fingering Submit, apparently.

I was going to say I don't really understand what makes Dunn so sure I'm town now.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #544 (isolation #37) » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:02 am

Post by Misère »

I'd like to nitpick an aspect of the case on SlySly.
In post 254, SlySly wrote:
In post 249, nn30 wrote:Second - VOTE: Misere

This is l-1
Uh, I'll have some of what you're smoking, please.
I interpreted this as being about the fact that nn30's vote was actually L-3, not the legitimacy of the wagon, so this is not a reason to call him out for being "lightly dismissive."

It's worth noting that SlySly himself didn't see fit to point this out.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #570 (isolation #38) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:21 am

Post by Misère »

That hammer made me re-evaluate my townread on HS. I thought they were town because I liked the tone of their early play and particularly their early Jin case, but looking at it more carefully it becomes problematic. The idea that someone could be
so sure
someone else is scum, only to drop the case forever once it hits some resistance, seems distinctly un-towny.

Beyond that, there is the obvious hammer. Some people will say this is too dangerous to come from scum, but quickhammering from town is annoyingly common in the current meta and is rarely punished, so it's not really that dangerous in itself and by now I'm pretty sure good scum players have figured that out. This particular hammer, though, came with more than a week on the clock, without any statement of intent, and on a wagon that I don't think everyone on board was ready for a lynch.

Even under those conditions there are some particularly arrogant town players who will quickhammer because they are just
so certain of themselves
that they'll see this as a chance to show everyone else how right they are. But HS seems to not consider themselves good at Mafia, so I would expect more humility in their actions. It doesn't really add up.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #571 (isolation #39) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:23 am

Post by Misère »

Also, HS questioned my vote on BlackVoid in our neighborhood yesterday, but never responded when I asked what changed their mind on that slot (and had plenty of time to do so).
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #574 (isolation #40) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:27 am

Post by Misère »

Shannon, I was going to say I
wasn't
dead set on HS, but then they posted.
In post 573, Human Sequencer wrote:this is 100% bullshit, i asked on the 3rd of February 'if they really believe BV is scum' and i never got a response. misere never posted in our neighborhood.
This is a direct lie. HS must think they can beat me in a 1v1. I hope they're wrong.

VOTE: Human Sequencer
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #581 (isolation #41) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Post by Misère »

HS, if you're town and you either didn't read my response to.you in the neighborhood or decided to lie about it, you're a worse player than you say you are.
Misère
Misère
Townie
Misère
Townie
Townie

Post Post #587 (isolation #42) » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Post by Misère »

Wow, who could have predicted BlackVoid was scum?

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”